Mr.Tire

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Don’t go to this nasty place for auto service. Their staff are unprofessional and absolute liars. You gonna jeopardize your life if you do and they won’t be responsible for mistake they made. I did the oil change here some day last week. Then my car leaked oil the following day on the highway, fortunately stalled near the exit so me and my family did not get killed. I had to tow my car to the closest Mr. Tire in Fayetteville and the tech there told me my car's oil filter was loosely installed which caused the oil leak and all of these. Later we complained here with its manager. The guy kept making excuses and did not take any responsibility other than inspecting my car.

My travel plan was cancelled, my and my family's life were in danger, etc. He still says “Every human makes mistake, don’t you?” That’s the dumbest thing you could say to your client, so stupid. You make mistake then what? You should correct your **, take care of your **, not even to say such a simple but deadly mistake. According to what he said, guys, if anyone go to this place for oil change and your oil change filter is installed loosely by their unprofessional crew, they don’t need to compensate you anything even if your life was in danger because of them. Service is lame and staff are indifferent, arrogant both here and in Fayetteville. Again if you wanna be safe and maintain your car well, do not go to this place!

Mr. Tire is a joke. Got 4 new tires. 2 of them were defective after 5,000 miles and the best they can do is give me a free warranty. Are you kidding me? Never again will I deal with them. Not to mention the girl at the counter is very rude...

Went to have an oil change and estimate done for exhaust on my car on 6/30 & gentleman at the counter told me it was very busy and would I like to make an appt to come back in the morning and they would have me in & out. I came back the next day at my scheduled time and they told me it would be an hour so I left it. I called back 2 hours later and they said I still had another person ahead of me. I asked what was the point of the appointment then. Needless to say 3 1/2 hours after my scheduled time my car was done. As far as estimate, he told me what it needed but not the cost. But did tell me that these other things were wrong and they would cost me around $800. He did however take $10 off my oil change, but when I got in my car they never even put paper down so now I have stains on my driver side floor and no written estimate. Never again.

Went to Mr. Tire in Columbus, Ohio. A few days later while on the freeway going to work my car stalled. Had it towed to mechanic. He said no oil filter and no oil was in my vehicle. He put oil and filter on the car. I picked up my car and it was fine until the next day. When it wouldn't start. I lost my job because of Mr. Tire. I did deliveries and used my car for employment. I called them. They would not take responsibility for what they did. Oil change here killed my car. I am so upset because I do not think have a way to see my sister. I just found out she has cancer.

Took my 2007 Chrysler to Mr. Tire in Laureldale, PA. No heat in the car. They took 12 hrs and charged $450.00 to put in a new thermostat. Also realize back in October I paid for a Front End Alignment. They never did it. After taking my car back 4 times still no heat. They claimed it was fixed. Check Engine light came on. No heat engine was blown. They never checked to see why I had no heat. $6000.00 later I am out due to Mr. Tire. If you are looking for a nightmare just take your car to Mr. Tire.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr Tire?

There is an idiot there called John at Mr Tire #880. There is a bold sign that says free tire pressure check and this idiot told me it's $10 for each tire. Is it just because am an ** male... And he was very rude telling me it only then for current customers... Really! What is I am and he even acknowledge or assume if I was one. He is such a dummy and would not spend a dime there. I bought a set of 4 tires for my wife's car. I would drive back and return them for my old ones. It cost me $500 plus tax to buy those tire and you tell me to go to a gas station to put air in my tires... What! Such an idiot.

I had the oil changed at the Mr. Tire in Lakewood Nj. 19 miles later the oil filter fell off and pumped all the oil out of the motor. Had the truck towed back. They replaced the filter and oil, ran the motor for an hour, changed oil and filter again, told me it is ok. Told me they would give me five free oil changes, I told them that I wanted a written guarantee that they would replace the motor if it blew in a reasonable amount of time, I was told no. I called customer service, they referred my case to their insurance company. When I went to pick the truck up, the manager told me the district manager said there would be no oil changes and I was never to bring any of my vehicles to any Mr. Tire again. They damaged my truck, they say it is ok, they will not back up their words, and they will not answer my emails and customer service is rude!

DANGER of oil change & tire rotation, "Engine oil Bath". Service tech failed to replace oil filler cap back on and sent wife driving away in our 2014 Nissan until I noticed couple days later oil running from under the vehicle (oil deposits on underside of hood/ fire wall, including engine and all components). I alerted them right away. When we went back to give them a chance to clean the mess up and make right we repeatedly experienced poor service and they lacked the means and eagerness to resolve. Shame on them! (tire rotation). I'm also in amazement how one can do a tire rotation without disturbing brake dust from the rims and lug nut sockets. UNREAL. Never again and you shouldn't either. No trust here. Beware of Mr. Tire (especially store # 731 at 7529 Ritchie Hwy). I'm completely disgusted with the whole experience. The only positive things are they took our money and made sure all our fluids were topped back off.

Here is my issue with Mr. Tire Centers #592 in Falls Church, VA. I made an appointment on Friday 16 Dec 2016 to get brakes on Sunday 18 Dec 2016 at 10:00 am. I arrived at 09:15 am (yes, 45 minutes early) and gave my keys and answered the front counter attendant's questions about my car. At 10:35 I asked the counter attendant why did he make the appointment at 10:00 am if my auto was not going to be worked on at that that time. He said the master mechanic would be working on my auto shortly. The auto was worked on at around 10:55 am and at 11:35 I was told I would need a new rear drum and they would get it from another store and my auto would finished in an hour and a half to two hours.

At around 12:45 the master mechanic informed me my back tires were wearing unevenly and I needed a rear wheel alignment. I informed the master mechanic and the front counter attendant that the tires were new as of 18 days earlier and I had less than 200 miles on them. Their response was oh. I showed the front counter attendant the previous bill from a different tire company and pointed out I had only driven a total of 209 miles. The front counter attendant did apologized. I don't appreciate a company trying to upsell something that is not needed, I believe this is called fraud. Here is another company that preys on senior citizens and probably women also.

I have had several problems with the location in Mount Laurel, N.J. The most recent was 3 days ago when I went in to get air in my one tire! They claimed I needed 2 tires. The service station I had it to before that claims I only needed air. Also my battery had died that morning. The place brought it to first also checked my battery and said I didn't need one! Bottomline is I was a woman alone at Mr. Tire with their Credit Card! They got me for over $200.00 for two tires and they insisted I replace the battery with them. They were very animate that I wouldn't make it home. Anyway they wanted to charge me $130.00 for the battery. When I refused they didn't put the cover back on and I drove my car for 3 or 4 days. The car was fine.

Mr Tire Laurel, MD - They put too much oil in my truck. This might make rear main seal leak. Came back. Clerk was mouthy and rude. Not happy. I will never come here again. Had to wait two hrs to get this mistake fixed.

Mr Tire in Moon Twp on 11/7/2016. Had appointment at 4:30 on Monday pre-arranged 3 days in advance. Waited 1 hour. My car never even got into service bays, said it was too busy. Buyer be aware. No apologies!

Using a Mr Sushi and an obvious Asian looking garage. Is offensive that Asian auto repair places are bad?? Despite the name Mr Sushi... WTH? How come you couldn't use Walmart as your competitor? Would of been a better choice in marketing sales. Bad taste... In advertising.

I took my car for wheel alignment, balancing, and repair for a air leak on the left rear wheel at 11:30 am Saturday 10/29/2016. Since I did not have an appointment I inquired how long the service would take, and I suggested probably two hours to which the person agreed. I left and came back at approximately 2:00 pm. It wasn't done. I left and came back at 4:11 pm. The car was up in the rack but it wasn't done. No one even bothered to tell me what was happening. I waited and stood outside for over an hour before the manager did invite me to the lounge. 5:48 pm still no service. It is my opinion based on my experience that I have so far articulated above that I was a victim of discrimination for being **.

This store does not serve certain customers. They do not say it verbally, but by making sure that they repair your car at 7 pm even if you arrived at 11, they communicate in essence that 'your type' is not welcome. 118 back river neck road, Essex, Md 21221 is the store. They got me once, but they will not get my business again. They really displayed a pathetic level of ignorance. Discrimination in business is just plain stupid. I was the only customer sitting alone by 6:10 pm. Still nobody communicated with me. The Manager came through the lounge room to the restroom and emptied the trash cans, clearly cleaning up for the next day. I casually asked how long it would take for them to attend to my car, but he asked which car I was talking about.

The unprovoked casual arrogance is actually impressive. They did everything to provoke a reaction, but I remained calm, complained not at any time. I do hope that if there is a mature person working in management for Mr. Tire that they will do a lot more training on how to respect the customers and keep their prejudice private. At 6:35 pm not even a word. How does Mr. Tire allow employees to come to work and practice their hate? At a minimum they could have made me aware that they are 'super busy' and could go somewhere else, but to waste my time is being extra personal for sadism benefit only. 6:46 pm nothing. 6:57 pm. Finally the very last car.

Mr.Tire in Rio Grande NJ is the worst customer service I have ever had! I called their customer service & they were just as bad! The tire mfg told me to go back to them & have them measure tread depth & call them. I went back to Mr.Tire & was told to come back on a Tues, Wed or Thur. I called their customer service & could care less!!! I will NEVER go back to Mr.Tire!!!

Had a bolt stuck in driver's side tire from road debris. I have a lifetime tire warranty with Mr. Tire so I took my CRV there to get it fixed as they did fix the damaged tire. But in the process they had broken one of my wheel studs and told me as I was leaving the store and said it was completely ok to drive on 4/5 bolts. They needed to order parts from another parts store which won't be in till the next morning. So as I got home I noticed that one of other the bolts on the same wheel was missing now, the stud was there at least, so now I'm driving on 3 lugs bolts with 2 lug bolts missing. Called them to tell them about the other lug bolt, they said another bolt will be in when you come in the morning.

I was worried to death that my wheel was going to fall off vehicle with this dangerous situation they put me in. With me being so upset about my wheel falling off, I ended paying the $30 bill for the tire to be fixed in which should have been repaired under the lifetime tire hazard warranty. I'm not happy at all with this customer service and the fact I was charge for something that should have been covered under the warranty ended up getting a refund. They did at least follow through and fix the unsafe problem they created, but I was very dissatisfied with the service and will take my tire needs elsewhere.

I sent my daughter out for an oil change expecting to pay $20-$30 as has happened many times before. This time she took the car to Mr. Tire. They charged $35.89 for the oil change, filter and a $2.90 "oil recycle fee." So my daughter comes home with a bill for $89.18. Seems she let them change 3 wiper blades for which they charged $16.99 each including $3.00 each for installation. To this they added $8.68 "shop fee." You can draw your own conclusions, but my advice is that you go anywhere else.

Last 4 oil changes I paid advertised price of $17.25 plus disposal fee. Today when checking in for appt. the manager (who appeared hung over) pointed to a stack of Goodyear tire credit card applications and informed me the price of service would be $8 higher unless I filled out the credit application. My response was, "Never before was this a requirement," and I didn't feel that was right. He just chuckled and said, "lotta things in life aren't right" to which I said it might be best for me to just leave and he then spit a little more gas on the fire which I too think that would be a good idea. Bait and switch for $8 or $800 it's all the same to me. Mr. Tire on ML King Blvd., New Bern, NC should be ashamed.

I went to Mr. Tire (#764) on Cady Dr in Fort Washington Md. on 7/16/16 to get my Air condition (AC) serviced and an oil change. After a 3 hours wait my car was returned with a list of things that is that made my car unsafe to drive. None was about the AC. The AC worked for 2 days and was back to the same. I brought the car back on 7/22/16 and was told that my high side AC line needed to be replaced. I asked Mike if this problem could have been found last week when I was here and he said no. They had to shoot dye this time and be lucky that I have another car to drive because he don't have that option.

I looked at my receipt and I was charged for dye on the first visit. So basically I was charged $150.75 plus taxes and other shop supply fees for a problem that should not have costed no more than $29.99 for me to find out this problem on the first visit. To top it off I had a appointment this time and still had to wait 3 hours to get my car back. The reason for this review is to get some help from corporate on being overcharged for a basic service and to help others from making the same mistake as me. So hopefully I can get some help with this issue.

WHAT A DISASTER! I took my car in for an oil change on May 24, 2016. Mr.Tire in Ellicott City, Maryland. They drained the oil, but FORGOT TO POUR NEW OIL! I started driving my car as usual and found out that the car has no oil after the engine oil light came on. It was too late! Mr.Tire sent someone from the Travelers Insurance Co. to inspect the car. The agent submitted his report to Mr.Tire for replacing the existing engine with another used engine. Now, Mr.Tire told me that they wouldn't accept any responsibility or liability for this DISASTER. BUYERS BEWARE!

Took my truck in for check engine light. They charge dealer like fees of $115.00 to diagnose. Said pvc value hose bad code po171 and p0174 was the cause. Hose not in stock and was special order taking 2-3 days to come in. Like an idiot I paid the bill and pickup truck thinking hose on order. 1-month later, I am out of my money and still no hose and now they say no refund locally must come from corporate hqs but payment taken locally. Bottom line: this is the worst, sorriest, poor excuse for an auto repair shop I have ever seen in my 60 yrs. Kids are running the store, unprofessional, no customer service skills, have no authority to make decisions on site, everything comes from regional or corporate offices out of town. Work is shotty and unsafe at best and by the look of all these complaints, are allowed to rob and cheat folks and many states without assistance from state attorney general's office or the state BBB. This is sad.

I contacted their corporate office by phone, and in writing, to complain that their advertising in Ohio appears to blatantly violate the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act. The text of the Complaint is at the very end of this introduction. I received no response whatsoever which is a tip off to me that my Complaint is valid. That is, the company's non-response is simply CALCULATED to make the COMPLAINT "evaporate" (i.e., they bury it under the rug, hoping it blows over). Although I am not an Attorney, I am nevertheless fully entitled to formulate an intelligent, well reasoned opinion as to the legality of the company's ads here in Ohio.

Without getting into high detail, my present position is their failure to CLEARLY AND CONSPICUOUSLY disclose their 9.99% fee has caused ACTUAL economic damages to a substantial class of consumers here in Ohio. Consequently, in my opinion, a capable licensed attorney here in Ohio could and should sue this company to recover consumers' aggregate economic losses here. Furthermore, at a bare minimum, that is regardless of any potential for a class action, an action for declaratory judgement and/or injunctive relief could be successfully prosecuted here. Contact me at ** and, at no charge, I will provide you with all of the information that I have collected (including the theory of recovery).

Corporations generally have declared war on the public in that they are, in essence, stealing from the public. A key strategy to effect that theft is deception in advertising. Not surprisingly, then, we clearly can see that deception in advertising has become a habitual, systemic, routine, fully entrenched "feature" of day-to-day economic life. It is time for the public to fight back. And, really, the only recourse at this point is for attorneys to sue these companies. Both state AG offices and the BBB have little interest or motive to get involved. So, we are counting on you attorneys to save the day! Feel free to contact me for details.

Here is the text of the Complaint, as sent to Mr. Tire, and which has been totally ignored by the company: A full page ad promoting eleven Columbus area Mr. Tire Auto Service Centers was published in the 2/7/2016 edition of the Columbus Dispatch. 1) Buried at the bottom of the page, and set in incredibly small microscopic type, is a footnote stating that a surcharge of 9.99% will be added to customers bills. The OAC at 109:4-3-02(C) specifically prohibits the use of footnotes to disclose material extra costs of this sort.

2) The ad has a coupon for Flush & Fills, namely: Cooling System; Power Steering; Fuel System; and Transmission (type of trans. not specified). The coupon makes a global claim of gas savings. I am unaware of any evidence from technical or scientific journals that cooling system, power steering system, and transmission flushes generate any measurable fuel savings for typically situated consumers.

Furthermore, the fuel system service is unlikely to reduce fuel consumption to any meaningful (measurable) extent inasmuch as only a tank additive is used (e.g., there is no direct cleaning or technical testing of injector condition). OAC 1345.02(B)(1) prohibits vendors from making a claim, such as gas savings, unless the vendor possesses competent, credible evidence substantiating the claim. For example, does Mr. Tire possess documentary evidence proving that flushing the cooling system in a typical consumer's car improves vehicle fuel economy?

3) Mr. Tire is a fictitious name registered in Ohio to Monro Muffler Brake, Inc. However, the businesses vending the goods and services are Mr. Tire Auto Service Centers. The latter fictitious name is not registered with the Ohio Secretary of State's office which is a violation of state law as well as the Consumer Sales Protection Act.

Had a nail in front left tire on Saturday around 4:30 pm. Went to Mr. Tire Auto Center, because this is where I use to get my oil changed. So they could fix it. They were busy so they didn't close til 6 so we left the SUV Toyota 4-Runner to eat dinner. Got back just before 6 as we watched the manager was leaving. Went inside to pay bill. Was told it cost 29.98. Really to fix a tire. I have the nail it was about 2 in. thin one. I have called around to other shop. Here is what the charges I was told by them were: 10.00,15.00 24.96 that one was tax included. So I would never tell anyone to use Mr. Tire for it cost way too much. Thank you for listening.

In May 4th of 2014, we took our 2004 Honda Odyssey to Mr.Tire for tire service located at 2315 Davis Drive, Cary, NC. During the service, we received a phone call from store technician, recommended us to do the power steering flush since we were told the steering fluid was dirty (we were asked to do this service a couple times before), after negotiate with store manager who gave us the discount. We agreed to do the power steer flush to maintain the vehicle in the good condition.

After steering flushing was done for couple days, we had noticed immediately there was a problem. It was very hard to steer the wheel. We went back to the store and talked with technician and someone in store told us "the new steering fluid doesn't match with power steering pump and you SHOULD change the pump with $396." Recently, we found vehicle steering hose is leaking and take to the another mechanic shop. They diagnose there are components damaged due to wrong steering fluid. We had to replace the steering pump and couple hoses which cost about $800. We have contacted with Mr. Tire customer service and headquarter, they denied and refused to do anything to compensate our lost. My suggestion to other customer is never go to Mr. Tire to do your vehicle maintenance.

My wife scheduled an appointment on a Tuesday for a Wednesday appointment at 4:00 for an oil change. When she got there she was told it would be two hours because they had a lot of people come in for tires that evening. I am assuming this means she got bumped for the more costly job. It may have been that or perhaps it was because she was a woman or perhaps it was nepotism. Regardless she finally went up two and a half hours after the original appointment time and the work was still not completed. Mr. Tire does not understand the concept of the term "Appointment".

Purchased a vehicle from my family in PA. Had a local Mom and Pop shop do the required MD state inspection. It failed because it needed tires. I purchased tires at Mr. Tire (overpriced by the way). When they called me back, they told me the front AND rear brakes were shot and needed replaced. Pads were worn beyond the legal requirements and the rotors could not be repaired and needed replaced. This vehicle PASSED STATE INSPECTION 4 DAYS PRIOR to this by a state sanctioned inspection shop. (Mr. Tire is not authorized to do state inspections!)

I called the Mom and Pop shop and he insists they are fine and would not jeopardize his inspection certification with they by passing me (a stranger to him). Local mechanic stated he would have at the very least informed me if they the measurements were borderline but they were not. That makes all the sense in the world to me. Conclusion: MR. TIRE WANTS YOUR MONEY AND WILL LIE TO YOU TO GET IT. CAUGHT RED HANDED.

I took my son's Nissan to have a new alignment for the tire. When I asked how much it would cost he told me it would be about $99.00. He starts to write the bill until I asked about a printed coupon I received from their official website. He told me he will not honor the coupon that would take off twenty percent, because the job was already discounted. I am okay with the cost of the job, however I am wondering why they would advertise this coupon if it was already admitted in the cost of the job, and why the website told me to print out this coupon and to hand it to the mechanic.

I brought my vehicle in for NYS inspection. Was told in order to pass inspection I needed all new brakes! I had all of them replaced last year. No squealing, grinding, no problems stopping, etc. Took my vehicle to another shop and passed inspection. Brakes fine!

We decided to drop off our vehicle for an oil change and tire rotation at the Mr. Tire, located in Mt. Airy, Maryland off of main street. We had a 1:00 pm afternoon appointment for them to service our vehicle. We locked our vehicle and turned in the keys/key fob remote to the service representative. The service representative told us that they would call us when our vehicle was finished. We never received any phone call, first issue. Second issue, in the late afternoon when we were going to check on our vehicle, I caught a Hispanic lady rummaging through our vehicle in the parking lot of the Mr. Tire. I came up beside our vehicle and I saw her in the passenger seat with the door open, going through the glove box, center console, and the driver's sun visor. I literally caught her "red-handed" with the $60.00 of cash that we had stored in the sun visor for road tolls.

When I confronted her, she quickly put the money back into the visor and acted like she could not speak English and told me she was "confused". I kept asking her what she was doing in our car and she kept telling me that our car was her car, along with several other excuses. Really? She then tried telling me that her remote key fob had unlocked our car. Really? Kind of strange when our vehicle keys are with the garage front desk. My wife immediately called the police and took pictures of the lady, along with her license plate. The sad thing is, the lady's two little daughters (suspected ages of 6 to 10 years old) were in her Chevy Suburban, asking her if the police were going to take her to jail...again. A Maryland State Trooper finally arrived at the scene thirty minutes later and we explained the situation to him. He wrote down both of our information and told us to check our vehicle.

Luckily the cash was still in the sun visor and nothing else was taken. Third issue, after the State Trooper released us, we immediately spoke with the garage supervisor and they told us that our vehicle was NOT yet serviced. Even though we had a 1:00 pm afternoon appointment, the supervisor explained to us that they did not touch or service our vehicle yet and it was 5:30 pm. Our vehicle was sitting in the parking lot for 4.5 hours and how did our vehicle become unlocked? The garage supervisor "promised" us that our vehicle would be done in another hour. Really? My wife and I were not upset, frustrated, and just wanted to leave at that point and go someplace else. The garage supervisor was "apologetic" and seemed somewhat concerned at what happened in their parking lot but told us that he and Mr. Tire did not want to "get involved" in the matter. Nonetheless, we left our vehicle with Mr. Tire for another hour.

We came back at 6:30 pm to pick up our vehicle and pay the garage. My wife walked over to check the doors of our vehicle to see if they were locked. They were NOT locked. I spoke with the garage supervisor and told him what we found. He explained to us that the doors should have been locked and "...perhaps the mechanic left the vehicle open because you guys were coming back". Really? The bottom line is this, Mr. Tire does NOT take the time to lock customers' vehicles when they are sitting in the parking lot (even though they have a policy to do so). Stay with your vehicle when it is getting serviced. It is a true shame that no one "respects" other people's property. We will NOT be doing business with the Mr. Tire, located in Mt. Airy, Maryland.

I went to Mr. Tire & Co. in Westerville for an oil change and tire rotation. I paid for a high-mileage oil change and was charged $48. After the opening oil change was completed, the technician pulled my car out and was parking it, so I walked outside to get into my car and thanked the technician and ask him if he put high-mileage oil in my car and he said "No." He said he was told to put standard oil in my car. I went back inside and confronted the assistant manager and he said it was a simple mistake. I now wonder if this is a standard practice for Mr. Tire to rip people off. I will never do business with this company ever again. BEWARE!!

Mr.Tire Company Profile