1.20/5
Based on 132 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

134 Mr.Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 9, 2018

I decided to order tires from Tirerack.com and had them shipped to the Mr. Tire in Shrewsbury PA for install. I called to make an appointment and was quoted $78 for install, plus $30 per tire for new TPMS sensors. I agreed because the TPMS light was on. Everything went fine at first as my car was taken at the appointment time. An hour later the mechanic said I would need an alignment. $85. OK. Two hours after that my car was done. Three hours to get four tires installed and alignment - seemed a bit long.

Anyway, I got into the car and drove off - only to see the tire pressure light blink for 30 seconds then stay on. Drove for a while thinking maybe it just needed to be reset but it did not go away. It did not - they had not even reset the light. I went back and they said the light was on when it came in. Nothing they can do except replace the TPMS sensors - at $75 a wheel (plus labor)! They are $40 each online. While I was waiting, a lady sitting next to me said she was giving Mr. Tire one more chance after another Mr. Tire tried to sell her tires she knew she did not need. I'm not giving them another chance.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I couldn't give them 0 stars. I purchased 4 Goodyear Kelly Edge 55,000 tires from Mr. Tire in Stow, Ohio in July 2016. In May 2018 at 26,872 miles, Mr. Tire informed me that the tires needed to be replaced. They lasted less than half of what they should have. The tires were rotated every 7,000 miles per the original salesman, and the wear on the tires was perfectly even across the width of all 4 tires (per Goodyear the next day). The 1st settlement Mr. Tire offered was to buy 3 get 1 free, and the offer was only good for the same tire that I already had. This was also the SAME ADVERTISED OFFER that ANYONE walking in off the street WOULD GET.

After bringing that to the attention of the manager (Dan), he took another $75 off the total bill. But BEFORE he did that, he raised the price of the tires by $36, effectively OFFERING ME A TOTAL OF ONLY $39. (The lower priced tire was advertised on their own and everyone else’s website; $119.99 each vs the price I was quoted of $128.99). I was also offered free Road Hazard insurance (which I would never buy) and a free alignment (that I will get for $49.99 vs their price of $104.99). I went to GOODYEAR and the great folks there GAVE ME A NO HASSLE WARRANTY ADJUSTMENT of $252 which was slightly over half the cost of the tires, pro-rated right down to the very last mile. And it was applicable to either the same or any other tire that I wanted. Kudos to Goodyear and shame on you Dan and Mr. Tire.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Brought car in for oil change and tire rotation. I marked the tires to confirm the tires were rotated. Tires were not rotated, but was told they were when I asked. They took car back and rotated tires, but returned car back with slash on the side of rear tire. I had to replace tire.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Senior citizen here. Went to Mr. Tire for tire rotation and brake check. Was told that I needed four new tires at $62.00 each. I agreed but then when he showed me the cost I really wasn't looking in detail at each item. I was just trying to figure out how to come up with $462.00. This was plus an alignment which they said I needed. I paid the bill and noticed $79.99 charge for mounting the tires and whatever else is needed. My daughter told me that is usually included in the price of the tires so I'm guessing I got taken. I called Walmart and they gave me a much lower price and just so you know Mr. Tire told me they usually beat their price. I will not be returning. This has put me in a serious money situation.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Went in for an inspection and oil change and had coupons to use. Cost started at just over $30 but needed to add an air filter. Then things went terribly awry - I was told about other parts/work needed and after stating several times that I would take care of the other issues next week and being advised that this was a safety issue even though I confirmed that my car would pass inspection, I'm not even sure why, but I agreed to two of the suggested repairs. When feeling a bit lost when discussing the cost, I stated that I wanted to write this all down but was advised that this would be explained later. By the time my car was ready after being there over four hours, I just needed to get home and signed the paperwork and escaped.

When going over the bill of over $530.00 and noting that I didn't even get the minimal amount discount provided by the coupons, I realized that they saw me coming - female, senior citizen - easy to con. They will not provide credit for the coupons and I don't know how to handle the fact that the check tire light is on - almost afraid to go there to use their air & gauge for the tires & hope they don't try to charge me for this. Kicking myself for being so easy to con - I think they have had practice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr Tire?

Original review: March 29, 2018

I haven't written a review yet for my experience at the Mr.Tire located at 11085 Mall Circle, Waldorf, MD but after reading other reviews I feel I should do so to encourage others to look elsewhere unless you truly have a emergency. I placed an appointment to have a recently purchased vehicle looked over and given a tune-up, which involves the usual suspects, before taking the SUV in it was operating normally but as it was used I wanted it to have a tune-up just in case for peace of mind basically. They had the SUV in the garage for about a hour and a half, they come out, say everything is done and hand me the keys. I pay the bill. I go outside start it up and it sounds normal, then I start to drive to the stop sign and notice very loud noises, I turned out to the road and made it maybe 50 feet and had to stop in a parking lot, the car sounded like a farm tractor and was shaking horribly.

I decided to drive home which was about 10 minutes away, at the traffic light it stalled, but started right back up. I made it home and called Mr.Tire, the man on the phone said I should bring it back that night or in the morning, I asked for a tow and he declined. I was assured that their "best guy" would be looking at it in the morning. So I caught a ride home after dropping it off that night and the next morning they called me saying that I must have messed my own car up by driving in Eco Mode, and that they would give me a discount on fixing the issue. Never mind that driving in Eco Mode shouldn't really hurt your vehicle.

I picked it up again, and the check engine light came on again, so I took it back that day. The guy that checked for problems did nothing more than reset the code, as he gave me my car back 15 minutes later. Guess what? The same issue occurred again, this time it sounded like a farm tractor again. I called Mr.Tire and told them how ridiculous this was, my family insisted I just take it somewhere else but I refused because I'd get charged by someone else. I brought it back and told them I wouldn't pay. They said they wouldn't charge me.

The "head mechanic" said somehow a spark plug was unseated, and kept the line that somehow me using Eco Mode was the fault for all of my issues but declined to charge me. This guy was rude. Very, very rude. He hung up on me as I was saying thank you. How they managed to screw up a tune up and then had the nerve to charge me again to "fix" their mistake is beyond me. The only plus is that I did get new spark plugs? For 500$+. I highly discourage anyone from using Mr.Tire of Waldorf at Mall Circle.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had my car towed to Clark Tire aka Mr.Tire on Monday. Just to get a new battery put into my car. I was told it would cost me $150 dollars and I had to leave my car there overnight. The next day I get a call from someone from Clark Tire, can they check for rush for $63.00 dollars. And I might not need a new battery. But I already explained I know for a fact I need a new battery. Bottom line I get a call again saying I need a new battery. The catch is now they wanted a whole lot of extra money. To make matters worse I called back and spoke to speak to a manager and the guy on the phone started yelling and screaming at me. So decided to take my car somewhere else. Remind you they never did any work to my. But I still had to pay $58.00 dollars for them doing nothing. What a scam.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I went to get an oil change and I looked out the door to where my car was and the tires were off. I had just gotten new tires, and the men at Mr. Tire told me that I had a nail in my tire. I told him that I would take the tires to where I got them. It took so long for this to be done. I went to the place that I got my tires and they told me that I didn't have anything wrong with my tires, and no nail. What in the world is going on here? Because, I'm a woman that you are going to take me for a ride? I don't think so!!! The man at the desk, was trying to push the tires on me. You guys better learn how to teach a woman. I will never go back to Mr. Tire!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I had some work done at the Mr. Tire on Court Street in Binghamton, NY. I was hoping for a positive experience as it was initially my first time having any work done to my vehicle by Mr. Tire. I was there to have an oil change, basic spark plug tune up, and an alignment done, I waited about 2 1/2 hours for my vehicle, and when all was said and done, the price was $284, I was shocked and asked them how they came up with that figure, also my oil change was supposed to be complimentary because I used their mobile app.

They told me that their labor rate was $101 an hour and that the price was stated before they had started the work, which was incorrect. I knew what the labor rate was, but I wasn't having an exhaust put in or anything like that. When I pointed that out, the manager had dropped the price. If I hadn't said anything I would have been paying more than double for basic services, I wonder how many people this location has ripped off, especially elderly people.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Twice now, I have tried to use the free tire repair coupon but both times, they found something about my tire that was beyond repair. They then tried to overcharge me for new tires that are priced a lot less everywhere else. My tire had a nail that was on the tread and not the wall and should have been a simple repair. However, they inform me later that they have found a hole in the wall and tried to charge me for a new tire that was way overpriced. This is completely dishonest and reprehensible!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I was a return customer to Mr.Tire in Frederick Maryland even though I've heard rumors about the quality of their service. I had a couple problems in the past small but nonetheless a problem with them doing complete service work. One time I thought they didn't rotate my tires and I was right coz I had removed a valve stem cap from the left rear tire and when I got to pick the truck up the valve stem cap was still off in the left rear tire so they did not rotate my tires as they said they were going to. I made an appointment online for oil change service and arrived there 10 minutes before my appointment time and said I would wait.

Well needless to say one hour later my truck was still sitting in the parking lot and they had not been taken in to be serviced. I went in to the customer service desk and inquired as to why my truck wasn't taken care of yet because I had an appointment an hour ago. They actually didn't have no reason as to why it wasn't done yet. They said they had a new guy and he was supposed to do it. Then whatever else they said none of it made any sense at all. It was not necessary. Do you even say anything. So I asked for my keys and said to them. "Apparently you're too busy today to even honor your appointment so I will go elsewhere and I'd like my keys. Thank you."

They gave me my keys and I walked out the door and get in the truck and some assistant manager or whatever came out and started apologizing and said, "I hope this doesn't reflect on our service in the future and blah blah blah," and I just basically told him that I would not be back to have any service work done. I'm going elsewhere. He finally told me something about they only have one left that could pick up my big truck and it was being used by somebody else and they couldn't get my truck in. I never offer me any compensation for waiting an hour, did not really apologize at all to speak of and so I just left and I will not go back to Mr. Tire in Frederick Maryland on Patrick Street.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Mr. Tire Northeast Minneapolis - Not only have I been satisfied and impressed with the service Steve and his crew have given me over the years, everyone I have directed to Mr. Tire has enthusiastically thanked me and reported a happy outcome for their vehicles.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I change my oil quite frequently because I drive commercially and put a lot of miles on. I saw a coupon online for $14.95 so I booked an appointment at The Mr.Tire store # 1169 33080 Colorado Avenue Avon Ohio 44011. The manager ** told me it will cost me $28.00 for an oil change because the coupon was not valid unless I had a Mr.Tire credit card. I saw these other coupons in the store and he told me that the same applies to those. I needed the oil change but I will never go back there again.

I had a bad experience many years ago at a different store on Lake Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio and should of taken heed to that. They broke a part on a simple oil change. Anyways, I have never gone anywhere where they won't accept coupons for oil changes. There was nothing stating that you needed to have one of their cards to use the coupons. The manager is very shady and a rip off artist. They are very bad business people and I believe everything all you other people have gone through with them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Don’t go to this nasty place for auto service. Their staff are unprofessional and absolute liars. You gonna jeopardize your life if you do and they won’t be responsible for mistake they made. I did the oil change here some day last week. Then my car leaked oil the following day on the highway, fortunately stalled near the exit so me and my family did not get killed. I had to tow my car to the closest Mr. Tire in Fayetteville and the tech there told me my car's oil filter was loosely installed which caused the oil leak and all of these. Later we complained here with its manager. The guy kept making excuses and did not take any responsibility other than inspecting my car.

My travel plan was cancelled, my and my family's life were in danger, etc. He still says “Every human makes mistake, don’t you?” That’s the dumbest thing you could say to your client, so stupid. You make mistake then what? You should correct your **, take care of your **, not even to say such a simple but deadly mistake. According to what he said, guys, if anyone go to this place for oil change and your oil change filter is installed loosely by their unprofessional crew, they don’t need to compensate you anything even if your life was in danger because of them. Service is lame and staff are indifferent, arrogant both here and in Fayetteville. Again if you wanna be safe and maintain your car well, do not go to this place!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Mr. Tire is a joke. Got 4 new tires. 2 of them were defective after 5,000 miles and the best they can do is give me a free warranty. Are you kidding me? Never again will I deal with them. Not to mention the girl at the counter is very rude...

Original review: July 1, 2017

Went to have an oil change and estimate done for exhaust on my car on 6/30 & gentleman at the counter told me it was very busy and would I like to make an appt to come back in the morning and they would have me in & out. I came back the next day at my scheduled time and they told me it would be an hour so I left it. I called back 2 hours later and they said I still had another person ahead of me. I asked what was the point of the appointment then. Needless to say 3 1/2 hours after my scheduled time my car was done. As far as estimate, he told me what it needed but not the cost. But did tell me that these other things were wrong and they would cost me around $800. He did however take $10 off my oil change, but when I got in my car they never even put paper down so now I have stains on my driver side floor and no written estimate. Never again.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Went to Mr. Tire in Columbus, Ohio. A few days later while on the freeway going to work my car stalled. Had it towed to mechanic. He said no oil filter and no oil was in my vehicle. He put oil and filter on the car. I picked up my car and it was fine until the next day. When it wouldn't start. I lost my job because of Mr. Tire. I did deliveries and used my car for employment. I called them. They would not take responsibility for what they did. Oil change here killed my car. I am so upset because I do not think have a way to see my sister. I just found out she has cancer.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Took my 2007 Chrysler to Mr. Tire in Laureldale, PA. No heat in the car. They took 12 hrs and charged $450.00 to put in a new thermostat. Also realize back in October I paid for a Front End Alignment. They never did it. After taking my car back 4 times still no heat. They claimed it was fixed. Check Engine light came on. No heat engine was blown. They never checked to see why I had no heat. $6000.00 later I am out due to Mr. Tire. If you are looking for a nightmare just take your car to Mr. Tire.

Original review: March 14, 2017

There is an idiot there called John at Mr Tire #880. There is a bold sign that says free tire pressure check and this idiot told me it's $10 for each tire. Is it just because am an ** male... And he was very rude telling me it only then for current customers... Really! What is I am and he even acknowledge or assume if I was one. He is such a dummy and would not spend a dime there. I bought a set of 4 tires for my wife's car. I would drive back and return them for my old ones. It cost me $500 plus tax to buy those tire and you tell me to go to a gas station to put air in my tires... What! Such an idiot.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I had the oil changed at the Mr. Tire in Lakewood Nj. 19 miles later the oil filter fell off and pumped all the oil out of the motor. Had the truck towed back. They replaced the filter and oil, ran the motor for an hour, changed oil and filter again, told me it is ok. Told me they would give me five free oil changes, I told them that I wanted a written guarantee that they would replace the motor if it blew in a reasonable amount of time, I was told no. I called customer service, they referred my case to their insurance company. When I went to pick the truck up, the manager told me the district manager said there would be no oil changes and I was never to bring any of my vehicles to any Mr. Tire again. They damaged my truck, they say it is ok, they will not back up their words, and they will not answer my emails and customer service is rude!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

DANGER of oil change & tire rotation, "Engine oil Bath". Service tech failed to replace oil filler cap back on and sent wife driving away in our 2014 Nissan until I noticed couple days later oil running from under the vehicle (oil deposits on underside of hood/ fire wall, including engine and all components). I alerted them right away. When we went back to give them a chance to clean the mess up and make right we repeatedly experienced poor service and they lacked the means and eagerness to resolve. Shame on them! (tire rotation). I'm also in amazement how one can do a tire rotation without disturbing brake dust from the rims and lug nut sockets. UNREAL. Never again and you shouldn't either. No trust here. Beware of Mr. Tire (especially store # 731 at 7529 Ritchie Hwy). I'm completely disgusted with the whole experience. The only positive things are they took our money and made sure all our fluids were topped back off.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Here is my issue with Mr. Tire Centers #592 in Falls Church, VA. I made an appointment on Friday 16 Dec 2016 to get brakes on Sunday 18 Dec 2016 at 10:00 am. I arrived at 09:15 am (yes, 45 minutes early) and gave my keys and answered the front counter attendant's questions about my car. At 10:35 I asked the counter attendant why did he make the appointment at 10:00 am if my auto was not going to be worked on at that that time. He said the master mechanic would be working on my auto shortly. The auto was worked on at around 10:55 am and at 11:35 I was told I would need a new rear drum and they would get it from another store and my auto would finished in an hour and a half to two hours.

At around 12:45 the master mechanic informed me my back tires were wearing unevenly and I needed a rear wheel alignment. I informed the master mechanic and the front counter attendant that the tires were new as of 18 days earlier and I had less than 200 miles on them. Their response was oh. I showed the front counter attendant the previous bill from a different tire company and pointed out I had only driven a total of 209 miles. The front counter attendant did apologized. I don't appreciate a company trying to upsell something that is not needed, I believe this is called fraud. Here is another company that preys on senior citizens and probably women also.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I have had several problems with the location in Mount Laurel, N.J. The most recent was 3 days ago when I went in to get air in my one tire! They claimed I needed 2 tires. The service station I had it to before that claims I only needed air. Also my battery had died that morning. The place brought it to first also checked my battery and said I didn't need one! Bottomline is I was a woman alone at Mr. Tire with their Credit Card! They got me for over $200.00 for two tires and they insisted I replace the battery with them. They were very animate that I wouldn't make it home. Anyway they wanted to charge me $130.00 for the battery. When I refused they didn't put the cover back on and I drove my car for 3 or 4 days. The car was fine.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Mr Tire Laurel, MD - They put too much oil in my truck. This might make rear main seal leak. Came back. Clerk was mouthy and rude. Not happy. I will never come here again. Had to wait two hrs to get this mistake fixed.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Mr Tire in Moon Twp on 11/7/2016. Had appointment at 4:30 on Monday pre-arranged 3 days in advance. Waited 1 hour. My car never even got into service bays, said it was too busy. Buyer be aware. No apologies!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

Using a Mr Sushi and an obvious Asian looking garage. Is offensive that Asian auto repair places are bad?? Despite the name Mr Sushi... WTH? How come you couldn't use Walmart as your competitor? Would of been a better choice in marketing sales. Bad taste... In advertising.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

I took my car for wheel alignment, balancing, and repair for a air leak on the left rear wheel at 11:30 am Saturday 10/29/2016. Since I did not have an appointment I inquired how long the service would take, and I suggested probably two hours to which the person agreed. I left and came back at approximately 2:00 pm. It wasn't done. I left and came back at 4:11 pm. The car was up in the rack but it wasn't done. No one even bothered to tell me what was happening. I waited and stood outside for over an hour before the manager did invite me to the lounge. 5:48 pm still no service. It is my opinion based on my experience that I have so far articulated above that I was a victim of discrimination for being **.

This store does not serve certain customers. They do not say it verbally, but by making sure that they repair your car at 7 pm even if you arrived at 11, they communicate in essence that 'your type' is not welcome. 118 back river neck road, Essex, Md 21221 is the store. They got me once, but they will not get my business again. They really displayed a pathetic level of ignorance. Discrimination in business is just plain stupid. I was the only customer sitting alone by 6:10 pm. Still nobody communicated with me. The Manager came through the lounge room to the restroom and emptied the trash cans, clearly cleaning up for the next day. I casually asked how long it would take for them to attend to my car, but he asked which car I was talking about.

The unprovoked casual arrogance is actually impressive. They did everything to provoke a reaction, but I remained calm, complained not at any time. I do hope that if there is a mature person working in management for Mr. Tire that they will do a lot more training on how to respect the customers and keep their prejudice private. At 6:35 pm not even a word. How does Mr. Tire allow employees to come to work and practice their hate? At a minimum they could have made me aware that they are 'super busy' and could go somewhere else, but to waste my time is being extra personal for sadism benefit only. 6:46 pm nothing. 6:57 pm. Finally the very last car.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Mr.Tire in Rio Grande NJ is the worst customer service I have ever had! I called their customer service & they were just as bad! The tire mfg told me to go back to them & have them measure tread depth & call them. I went back to Mr.Tire & was told to come back on a Tues, Wed or Thur. I called their customer service & could care less!!! I will NEVER go back to Mr.Tire!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Had a bolt stuck in driver's side tire from road debris. I have a lifetime tire warranty with Mr. Tire so I took my CRV there to get it fixed as they did fix the damaged tire. But in the process they had broken one of my wheel studs and told me as I was leaving the store and said it was completely ok to drive on 4/5 bolts. They needed to order parts from another parts store which won't be in till the next morning. So as I got home I noticed that one of other the bolts on the same wheel was missing now, the stud was there at least, so now I'm driving on 3 lugs bolts with 2 lug bolts missing. Called them to tell them about the other lug bolt, they said another bolt will be in when you come in the morning.

I was worried to death that my wheel was going to fall off vehicle with this dangerous situation they put me in. With me being so upset about my wheel falling off, I ended paying the $30 bill for the tire to be fixed in which should have been repaired under the lifetime tire hazard warranty. I'm not happy at all with this customer service and the fact I was charge for something that should have been covered under the warranty ended up getting a refund. They did at least follow through and fix the unsafe problem they created, but I was very dissatisfied with the service and will take my tire needs elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I sent my daughter out for an oil change expecting to pay $20-$30 as has happened many times before. This time she took the car to Mr. Tire. They charged $35.89 for the oil change, filter and a $2.90 "oil recycle fee." So my daughter comes home with a bill for $89.18. Seems she let them change 3 wiper blades for which they charged $16.99 each including $3.00 each for installation. To this they added $8.68 "shop fee." You can draw your own conclusions, but my advice is that you go anywhere else.

Mr.Tire Company Information