Mr.Tire
Based on 123 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Mr.Tire

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

125 Mr.Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Twice now, I have tried to use the free tire repair coupon but both times, they found something about my tire that was beyond repair. They then tried to overcharge me for new tires that are priced a lot less everywhere else. My tire had a nail that was on the tread and not the wall and should have been a simple repair. However, they inform me later that they have found a hole in the wall and tried to charge me for a new tire that was way overpriced. This is completely dishonest and reprehensible!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I was a return customer to Mr.Tire in Frederick Maryland even though I've heard rumors about the quality of their service. I had a couple problems in the past small but nonetheless a problem with them doing complete service work. One time I thought they didn't rotate my tires and I was right coz I had removed a valve stem cap from the left rear tire and when I got to pick the truck up the valve stem cap was still off in the left rear tire so they did not rotate my tires as they said they were going to. I made an appointment online for oil change service and arrived there 10 minutes before my appointment time and said I would wait.

Well needless to say one hour later my truck was still sitting in the parking lot and they had not been taken in to be serviced. I went in to the customer service desk and inquired as to why my truck wasn't taken care of yet because I had an appointment an hour ago. They actually didn't have no reason as to why it wasn't done yet. They said they had a new guy and he was supposed to do it. Then whatever else they said none of it made any sense at all. It was not necessary. Do you even say anything. So I asked for my keys and said to them. "Apparently you're too busy today to even honor your appointment so I will go elsewhere and I'd like my keys. Thank you."

They gave me my keys and I walked out the door and get in the truck and some assistant manager or whatever came out and started apologizing and said, "I hope this doesn't reflect on our service in the future and blah blah blah," and I just basically told him that I would not be back to have any service work done. I'm going elsewhere. He finally told me something about they only have one left that could pick up my big truck and it was being used by somebody else and they couldn't get my truck in. I never offer me any compensation for waiting an hour, did not really apologize at all to speak of and so I just left and I will not go back to Mr. Tire in Frederick Maryland on Patrick Street.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Mr. Tire Northeast Minneapolis - Not only have I been satisfied and impressed with the service Steve and his crew have given me over the years, everyone I have directed to Mr. Tire has enthusiastically thanked me and reported a happy outcome for their vehicles.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I change my oil quite frequently because I drive commercially and put a lot of miles on. I saw a coupon online for $14.95 so I booked an appointment at The Mr.Tire store # 1169 33080 Colorado Avenue Avon Ohio 44011. The manager ** told me it will cost me $28.00 for an oil change because the coupon was not valid unless I had a Mr.Tire credit card. I saw these other coupons in the store and he told me that the same applies to those. I needed the oil change but I will never go back there again.

I had a bad experience many years ago at a different store on Lake Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio and should of taken heed to that. They broke a part on a simple oil change. Anyways, I have never gone anywhere where they won't accept coupons for oil changes. There was nothing stating that you needed to have one of their cards to use the coupons. The manager is very shady and a rip off artist. They are very bad business people and I believe everything all you other people have gone through with them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Don’t go to this nasty place for auto service. Their staff are unprofessional and absolute liars. You gonna jeopardize your life if you do and they won’t be responsible for mistake they made. I did the oil change here some day last week. Then my car leaked oil the following day on the highway, fortunately stalled near the exit so me and my family did not get killed. I had to tow my car to the closest Mr. Tire in Fayetteville and the tech there told me my car's oil filter was loosely installed which caused the oil leak and all of these. Later we complained here with its manager. The guy kept making excuses and did not take any responsibility other than inspecting my car.

My travel plan was cancelled, my and my family's life were in danger, etc. He still says “Every human makes mistake, don’t you?” That’s the dumbest thing you could say to your client, so stupid. You make mistake then what? You should correct your **, take care of your **, not even to say such a simple but deadly mistake. According to what he said, guys, if anyone go to this place for oil change and your oil change filter is installed loosely by their unprofessional crew, they don’t need to compensate you anything even if your life was in danger because of them. Service is lame and staff are indifferent, arrogant both here and in Fayetteville. Again if you wanna be safe and maintain your car well, do not go to this place!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr Tire?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Mr. Tire is a joke. Got 4 new tires. 2 of them were defective after 5,000 miles and the best they can do is give me a free warranty. Are you kidding me? Never again will I deal with them. Not to mention the girl at the counter is very rude...

Original review: July 1, 2017

Went to have an oil change and estimate done for exhaust on my car on 6/30 & gentleman at the counter told me it was very busy and would I like to make an appt to come back in the morning and they would have me in & out. I came back the next day at my scheduled time and they told me it would be an hour so I left it. I called back 2 hours later and they said I still had another person ahead of me. I asked what was the point of the appointment then. Needless to say 3 1/2 hours after my scheduled time my car was done. As far as estimate, he told me what it needed but not the cost. But did tell me that these other things were wrong and they would cost me around $800. He did however take $10 off my oil change, but when I got in my car they never even put paper down so now I have stains on my driver side floor and no written estimate. Never again.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Went to Mr. Tire in Columbus, Ohio. A few days later while on the freeway going to work my car stalled. Had it towed to mechanic. He said no oil filter and no oil was in my vehicle. He put oil and filter on the car. I picked up my car and it was fine until the next day. When it wouldn't start. I lost my job because of Mr. Tire. I did deliveries and used my car for employment. I called them. They would not take responsibility for what they did. Oil change here killed my car. I am so upset because I do not think have a way to see my sister. I just found out she has cancer.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Took my 2007 Chrysler to Mr. Tire in Laureldale, PA. No heat in the car. They took 12 hrs and charged $450.00 to put in a new thermostat. Also realize back in October I paid for a Front End Alignment. They never did it. After taking my car back 4 times still no heat. They claimed it was fixed. Check Engine light came on. No heat engine was blown. They never checked to see why I had no heat. $6000.00 later I am out due to Mr. Tire. If you are looking for a nightmare just take your car to Mr. Tire.

Original review: March 14, 2017

There is an idiot there called John at Mr Tire #880. There is a bold sign that says free tire pressure check and this idiot told me it's $10 for each tire. Is it just because am an ** male... And he was very rude telling me it only then for current customers... Really! What is I am and he even acknowledge or assume if I was one. He is such a dummy and would not spend a dime there. I bought a set of 4 tires for my wife's car. I would drive back and return them for my old ones. It cost me $500 plus tax to buy those tire and you tell me to go to a gas station to put air in my tires... What! Such an idiot.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I had the oil changed at the Mr. Tire in Lakewood Nj. 19 miles later the oil filter fell off and pumped all the oil out of the motor. Had the truck towed back. They replaced the filter and oil, ran the motor for an hour, changed oil and filter again, told me it is ok. Told me they would give me five free oil changes, I told them that I wanted a written guarantee that they would replace the motor if it blew in a reasonable amount of time, I was told no. I called customer service, they referred my case to their insurance company. When I went to pick the truck up, the manager told me the district manager said there would be no oil changes and I was never to bring any of my vehicles to any Mr. Tire again. They damaged my truck, they say it is ok, they will not back up their words, and they will not answer my emails and customer service is rude!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

DANGER of oil change & tire rotation, "Engine oil Bath". Service tech failed to replace oil filler cap back on and sent wife driving away in our 2014 Nissan until I noticed couple days later oil running from under the vehicle (oil deposits on underside of hood/ fire wall, including engine and all components). I alerted them right away. When we went back to give them a chance to clean the mess up and make right we repeatedly experienced poor service and they lacked the means and eagerness to resolve. Shame on them! (tire rotation). I'm also in amazement how one can do a tire rotation without disturbing brake dust from the rims and lug nut sockets. UNREAL. Never again and you shouldn't either. No trust here. Beware of Mr. Tire (especially store # 731 at 7529 Ritchie Hwy). I'm completely disgusted with the whole experience. The only positive things are they took our money and made sure all our fluids were topped back off.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Here is my issue with Mr. Tire Centers #592 in Falls Church, VA. I made an appointment on Friday 16 Dec 2016 to get brakes on Sunday 18 Dec 2016 at 10:00 am. I arrived at 09:15 am (yes, 45 minutes early) and gave my keys and answered the front counter attendant's questions about my car. At 10:35 I asked the counter attendant why did he make the appointment at 10:00 am if my auto was not going to be worked on at that that time. He said the master mechanic would be working on my auto shortly. The auto was worked on at around 10:55 am and at 11:35 I was told I would need a new rear drum and they would get it from another store and my auto would finished in an hour and a half to two hours.

At around 12:45 the master mechanic informed me my back tires were wearing unevenly and I needed a rear wheel alignment. I informed the master mechanic and the front counter attendant that the tires were new as of 18 days earlier and I had less than 200 miles on them. Their response was oh. I showed the front counter attendant the previous bill from a different tire company and pointed out I had only driven a total of 209 miles. The front counter attendant did apologized. I don't appreciate a company trying to upsell something that is not needed, I believe this is called fraud. Here is another company that preys on senior citizens and probably women also.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I have had several problems with the location in Mount Laurel, N.J. The most recent was 3 days ago when I went in to get air in my one tire! They claimed I needed 2 tires. The service station I had it to before that claims I only needed air. Also my battery had died that morning. The place brought it to first also checked my battery and said I didn't need one! Bottomline is I was a woman alone at Mr. Tire with their Credit Card! They got me for over $200.00 for two tires and they insisted I replace the battery with them. They were very animate that I wouldn't make it home. Anyway they wanted to charge me $130.00 for the battery. When I refused they didn't put the cover back on and I drove my car for 3 or 4 days. The car was fine.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Mr Tire Laurel, MD - They put too much oil in my truck. This might make rear main seal leak. Came back. Clerk was mouthy and rude. Not happy. I will never come here again. Had to wait two hrs to get this mistake fixed.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Mr Tire in Moon Twp on 11/7/2016. Had appointment at 4:30 on Monday pre-arranged 3 days in advance. Waited 1 hour. My car never even got into service bays, said it was too busy. Buyer be aware. No apologies!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

Using a Mr Sushi and an obvious Asian looking garage. Is offensive that Asian auto repair places are bad?? Despite the name Mr Sushi... WTH? How come you couldn't use Walmart as your competitor? Would of been a better choice in marketing sales. Bad taste... In advertising.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

I took my car for wheel alignment, balancing, and repair for a air leak on the left rear wheel at 11:30 am Saturday 10/29/2016. Since I did not have an appointment I inquired how long the service would take, and I suggested probably two hours to which the person agreed. I left and came back at approximately 2:00 pm. It wasn't done. I left and came back at 4:11 pm. The car was up in the rack but it wasn't done. No one even bothered to tell me what was happening. I waited and stood outside for over an hour before the manager did invite me to the lounge. 5:48 pm still no service. It is my opinion based on my experience that I have so far articulated above that I was a victim of discrimination for being **.

This store does not serve certain customers. They do not say it verbally, but by making sure that they repair your car at 7 pm even if you arrived at 11, they communicate in essence that 'your type' is not welcome. 118 back river neck road, Essex, Md 21221 is the store. They got me once, but they will not get my business again. They really displayed a pathetic level of ignorance. Discrimination in business is just plain stupid. I was the only customer sitting alone by 6:10 pm. Still nobody communicated with me. The Manager came through the lounge room to the restroom and emptied the trash cans, clearly cleaning up for the next day. I casually asked how long it would take for them to attend to my car, but he asked which car I was talking about.

The unprovoked casual arrogance is actually impressive. They did everything to provoke a reaction, but I remained calm, complained not at any time. I do hope that if there is a mature person working in management for Mr. Tire that they will do a lot more training on how to respect the customers and keep their prejudice private. At 6:35 pm not even a word. How does Mr. Tire allow employees to come to work and practice their hate? At a minimum they could have made me aware that they are 'super busy' and could go somewhere else, but to waste my time is being extra personal for sadism benefit only. 6:46 pm nothing. 6:57 pm. Finally the very last car.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Mr.Tire in Rio Grande NJ is the worst customer service I have ever had! I called their customer service & they were just as bad! The tire mfg told me to go back to them & have them measure tread depth & call them. I went back to Mr.Tire & was told to come back on a Tues, Wed or Thur. I called their customer service & could care less!!! I will NEVER go back to Mr.Tire!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Had a bolt stuck in driver's side tire from road debris. I have a lifetime tire warranty with Mr. Tire so I took my CRV there to get it fixed as they did fix the damaged tire. But in the process they had broken one of my wheel studs and told me as I was leaving the store and said it was completely ok to drive on 4/5 bolts. They needed to order parts from another parts store which won't be in till the next morning. So as I got home I noticed that one of other the bolts on the same wheel was missing now, the stud was there at least, so now I'm driving on 3 lugs bolts with 2 lug bolts missing. Called them to tell them about the other lug bolt, they said another bolt will be in when you come in the morning.

I was worried to death that my wheel was going to fall off vehicle with this dangerous situation they put me in. With me being so upset about my wheel falling off, I ended paying the $30 bill for the tire to be fixed in which should have been repaired under the lifetime tire hazard warranty. I'm not happy at all with this customer service and the fact I was charge for something that should have been covered under the warranty ended up getting a refund. They did at least follow through and fix the unsafe problem they created, but I was very dissatisfied with the service and will take my tire needs elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I sent my daughter out for an oil change expecting to pay $20-$30 as has happened many times before. This time she took the car to Mr. Tire. They charged $35.89 for the oil change, filter and a $2.90 "oil recycle fee." So my daughter comes home with a bill for $89.18. Seems she let them change 3 wiper blades for which they charged $16.99 each including $3.00 each for installation. To this they added $8.68 "shop fee." You can draw your own conclusions, but my advice is that you go anywhere else.

Original review: July 27, 2016

Last 4 oil changes I paid advertised price of $17.25 plus disposal fee. Today when checking in for appt. the manager (who appeared hung over) pointed to a stack of Goodyear tire credit card applications and informed me the price of service would be $8 higher unless I filled out the credit application. My response was, "Never before was this a requirement," and I didn't feel that was right. He just chuckled and said, "lotta things in life aren't right" to which I said it might be best for me to just leave and he then spit a little more gas on the fire which I too think that would be a good idea. Bait and switch for $8 or $800 it's all the same to me. Mr. Tire on ML King Blvd., New Bern, NC should be ashamed.

Original review: July 23, 2016

I went to Mr. Tire (#764) on Cady Dr in Fort Washington Md. on 7/16/16 to get my Air condition (AC) serviced and an oil change. After a 3 hours wait my car was returned with a list of things that is that made my car unsafe to drive. None was about the AC. The AC worked for 2 days and was back to the same. I brought the car back on 7/22/16 and was told that my high side AC line needed to be replaced. I asked Mike if this problem could have been found last week when I was here and he said no. They had to shoot dye this time and be lucky that I have another car to drive because he don't have that option.

I looked at my receipt and I was charged for dye on the first visit. So basically I was charged $150.75 plus taxes and other shop supply fees for a problem that should not have costed no more than $29.99 for me to find out this problem on the first visit. To top it off I had a appointment this time and still had to wait 3 hours to get my car back. The reason for this review is to get some help from corporate on being overcharged for a basic service and to help others from making the same mistake as me. So hopefully I can get some help with this issue.

Original review: June 24, 2016

WHAT A DISASTER! I took my car in for an oil change on May 24, 2016. Mr.Tire in Ellicott City, Maryland. They drained the oil, but FORGOT TO POUR NEW OIL! I started driving my car as usual and found out that the car has no oil after the engine oil light came on. It was too late! Mr.Tire sent someone from the Travelers Insurance Co. to inspect the car. The agent submitted his report to Mr.Tire for replacing the existing engine with another used engine. Now, Mr.Tire told me that they wouldn't accept any responsibility or liability for this DISASTER. BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: April 23, 2016

Took my truck in for check engine light. They charge dealer like fees of $115.00 to diagnose. Said pvc value hose bad code po171 and p0174 was the cause. Hose not in stock and was special order taking 2-3 days to come in. Like an idiot I paid the bill and pickup truck thinking hose on order. 1-month later, I am out of my money and still no hose and now they say no refund locally must come from corporate hqs but payment taken locally. Bottom line: this is the worst, sorriest, poor excuse for an auto repair shop I have ever seen in my 60 yrs. Kids are running the store, unprofessional, no customer service skills, have no authority to make decisions on site, everything comes from regional or corporate offices out of town. Work is shotty and unsafe at best and by the look of all these complaints, are allowed to rob and cheat folks and many states without assistance from state attorney general's office or the state BBB. This is sad.

Original review: March 31, 2016

I contacted their corporate office by phone, and in writing, to complain that their advertising in Ohio appears to blatantly violate the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act. The text of the Complaint is at the very end of this introduction. I received no response whatsoever which is a tip off to me that my Complaint is valid. That is, the company's non-response is simply CALCULATED to make the COMPLAINT "evaporate" (i.e., they bury it under the rug, hoping it blows over). Although I am not an Attorney, I am nevertheless fully entitled to formulate an intelligent, well reasoned opinion as to the legality of the company's ads here in Ohio.

Without getting into high detail, my present position is their failure to CLEARLY AND CONSPICUOUSLY disclose their 9.99% fee has caused ACTUAL economic damages to a substantial class of consumers here in Ohio. Consequently, in my opinion, a capable licensed attorney here in Ohio could and should sue this company to recover consumers' aggregate economic losses here. Furthermore, at a bare minimum, that is regardless of any potential for a class action, an action for declaratory judgement and/or injunctive relief could be successfully prosecuted here. Contact me at ** and, at no charge, I will provide you with all of the information that I have collected (including the theory of recovery).

Corporations generally have declared war on the public in that they are, in essence, stealing from the public. A key strategy to effect that theft is deception in advertising. Not surprisingly, then, we clearly can see that deception in advertising has become a habitual, systemic, routine, fully entrenched "feature" of day-to-day economic life. It is time for the public to fight back. And, really, the only recourse at this point is for attorneys to sue these companies. Both state AG offices and the BBB have little interest or motive to get involved. So, we are counting on you attorneys to save the day! Feel free to contact me for details.

Here is the text of the Complaint, as sent to Mr. Tire, and which has been totally ignored by the company: A full page ad promoting eleven Columbus area Mr. Tire Auto Service Centers was published in the 2/7/2016 edition of the Columbus Dispatch. 1) Buried at the bottom of the page, and set in incredibly small microscopic type, is a footnote stating that a surcharge of 9.99% will be added to customers bills. The OAC at 109:4-3-02(C) specifically prohibits the use of footnotes to disclose material extra costs of this sort.

2) The ad has a coupon for Flush & Fills, namely: Cooling System; Power Steering; Fuel System; and Transmission (type of trans. not specified). The coupon makes a global claim of gas savings. I am unaware of any evidence from technical or scientific journals that cooling system, power steering system, and transmission flushes generate any measurable fuel savings for typically situated consumers.

Furthermore, the fuel system service is unlikely to reduce fuel consumption to any meaningful (measurable) extent inasmuch as only a tank additive is used (e.g., there is no direct cleaning or technical testing of injector condition). OAC 1345.02(B)(1) prohibits vendors from making a claim, such as gas savings, unless the vendor possesses competent, credible evidence substantiating the claim. For example, does Mr. Tire possess documentary evidence proving that flushing the cooling system in a typical consumer's car improves vehicle fuel economy?

3) Mr. Tire is a fictitious name registered in Ohio to Monro Muffler Brake, Inc. However, the businesses vending the goods and services are Mr. Tire Auto Service Centers. The latter fictitious name is not registered with the Ohio Secretary of State's office which is a violation of state law as well as the Consumer Sales Protection Act.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

Had a nail in front left tire on Saturday around 4:30 pm. Went to Mr. Tire Auto Center, because this is where I use to get my oil changed. So they could fix it. They were busy so they didn't close til 6 so we left the SUV Toyota 4-Runner to eat dinner. Got back just before 6 as we watched the manager was leaving. Went inside to pay bill. Was told it cost 29.98. Really to fix a tire. I have the nail it was about 2 in. thin one. I have called around to other shop. Here is what the charges I was told by them were: 10.00,15.00 24.96 that one was tax included. So I would never tell anyone to use Mr. Tire for it cost way too much. Thank you for listening.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

In May 4th of 2014, we took our 2004 Honda Odyssey to Mr.Tire for tire service located at 2315 Davis Drive, Cary, NC. During the service, we received a phone call from store technician, recommended us to do the power steering flush since we were told the steering fluid was dirty (we were asked to do this service a couple times before), after negotiate with store manager who gave us the discount. We agreed to do the power steer flush to maintain the vehicle in the good condition.

After steering flushing was done for couple days, we had noticed immediately there was a problem. It was very hard to steer the wheel. We went back to the store and talked with technician and someone in store told us "the new steering fluid doesn't match with power steering pump and you SHOULD change the pump with $396." Recently, we found vehicle steering hose is leaking and take to the another mechanic shop. They diagnose there are components damaged due to wrong steering fluid. We had to replace the steering pump and couple hoses which cost about $800. We have contacted with Mr. Tire customer service and headquarter, they denied and refused to do anything to compensate our lost. My suggestion to other customer is never go to Mr. Tire to do your vehicle maintenance.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

My wife scheduled an appointment on a Tuesday for a Wednesday appointment at 4:00 for an oil change. When she got there she was told it would be two hours because they had a lot of people come in for tires that evening. I am assuming this means she got bumped for the more costly job. It may have been that or perhaps it was because she was a woman or perhaps it was nepotism. Regardless she finally went up two and a half hours after the original appointment time and the work was still not completed. Mr. Tire does not understand the concept of the term "Appointment".

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

Purchased a vehicle from my family in PA. Had a local Mom and Pop shop do the required MD state inspection. It failed because it needed tires. I purchased tires at Mr. Tire (overpriced by the way). When they called me back, they told me the front AND rear brakes were shot and needed replaced. Pads were worn beyond the legal requirements and the rotors could not be repaired and needed replaced. This vehicle PASSED STATE INSPECTION 4 DAYS PRIOR to this by a state sanctioned inspection shop. (Mr. Tire is not authorized to do state inspections!)

I called the Mom and Pop shop and he insists they are fine and would not jeopardize his inspection certification with they by passing me (a stranger to him). Local mechanic stated he would have at the very least informed me if they the measurements were borderline but they were not. That makes all the sense in the world to me. Conclusion: MR. TIRE WANTS YOUR MONEY AND WILL LIE TO YOU TO GET IT. CAUGHT RED HANDED.

Mr.Tire Company Information