Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Mr.Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr.Tire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr Tire?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Do not buy Road Hazzard insurance on your tires from Mr. Tire. I had a flat 3 weeks after buying 4 new tires. I purchased Road Hazzard on all 4 tires. They said the tire was not fixable and gave me another tire and I was charged 55.00 even with insurance. Crooked tactics, Get your tires from Walmart and save your money.

Original review: July 25, 2021

Cheating, lying long-haired manager for Mr Tire at 126 N Frederick Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, charged high price tires but installed low/cheap differently signed tires for customer! Poor understanding ability of customer's need and bad attitude and communication--should be fired! I've filed partial disputing! 2021-7

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Mr Tire on Brewerton Rd in North Syracuse ripped me off and I want EVERYBODY to be aware of this. After I presented a coupon for an oil change and tire rotation for $24.99 I was charged $64 for the service and told that I required synthetic oil. AFTER THE WORK WAS DONE. Why didn't these monkeys tell me this before the service so that I could decide if I WANTED IT OR NOT? Well they weren't thrilled with my coupon and wanted to rip me off. I was waiting for over 2 HOURS after the appointment I had made but they needed to RIP ME OFF. Drivers Village sent me a memo that their service would cost me $69 but I wanted to save money and was duped into this $24.99 special which was just a RIP OFF and WASTE of time. Buyer beware. Mr Tire on Brewerton Road in North Syracuse is a FRAUD. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED by Lucas **. Enough said.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

These guys installed my new struts all around on my wife’s car back in June 2020. The install was not done correctly and parts remained loose when I got home. I took the car back the same day and they tightened up my lower control arms and said they verified everything else was good to go. Months go by and we keep hearing a noise not expecting it to be my suspension again since they had looked over the car twice (Note: there is no record of Mr. Tire tighten my suspension a second time, as they just did it when I brought it back. So I will come back to why that is also important). For the safety of my family I took the car somewhere else and they determined the noise was from the rear suspension. So I had to have them replaced again in less than a year.

Let’s also consider TRUST. These guys expect customers like myself to have trust in them to work on my car but they had zero trust in me when I told them my rear suspension was loose because then they wouldn’t have to offer a refund and since I was unable to prove it based on a technicality of the other shops minimal notes, I got denied because they couldn’t trust my explanation of loose parts moving around on my vehicle. I love how it’s a one way relationship with companies like this one. Below is a full read of what occurred.

I called Mr. Tire and to no surprise they said they cannot do anything to help me or refund the cost of labor on the rear suspension work they said they completed. So I left my review and customer support contacted me asking for me to call them. So I contacted customer support and explained what happened and what I discovered. The rear suspension was loose and there were rubber shavings near the top mounts. They asked for the paperwork from the other shop and it notes noise from the rear but not specifically loose struts. So from technicality on note taking they denied my refund request on labor for the rear suspension. This very same company whom did not have any notes on my car being brought back the same day is holding onto the fact that it wasn’t clearly noted from the other shop for why there was rattling noises.

Let’s be clear, it would not rattle if the parts were not loose! I think I was being reasonable by asking for only the labor for the rear suspension to be refund due to the lack of them not tightening down my struts. I wanted nothing more than a refund for services never rendered. The customer support and focus on customer safety is horrible and these guys just used a technicality to get out of it when they don’t even document their follow up work. If I could leave a negative review I would and companies that use stupid policies to protect their own hide versus standing by their work really just continues to give automotive shops a bad stigma.

I hope this type of service, stress, and worry these guys gave me and my family never happen to others or even themselves. It’s not worth the money nor the effort dealing with them anymore. Worrying about the safety of your family and trusting people with a vehicle to help keep your family safe on the road was what I had hoped for but sadly they care more about their bottom line than making a customer feel better about a routine job done wrong.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

On August 15 2020; I took my vehicle to Mr Tire Auto Service Center located at 7080 Matthews Road Route 210; Bryan’s Road Maryland, 20616. I wanted a front end alignment, oil change, tire rotation, filter, and other fluids checked. My vehicle was inside the shop for less than 15 minutes and all the requested items were reported to as being preformed. Supposedly all these things were done by one guy. Then, I just took my daughter's car to Jiffy Lube with three/four guys Working on it and it took forty five minutes for them to do the following: tire Rotation, oil change, filters changed, and all fluids checked. Then I checked with three other mechanics and showed them the printout from Mr Tire, and they said it’s no way that The One single Auto tech performed all they said that was done, in 10 minutes, was actually performed.

My call to Mr.Tire to express concerns, their response was that the work done was by “our senior man with 20yrs experience” and that some work I requested, was determined not necessary...DESPITE THEIR BILLING ME FOR THE SERVICE! WARNING TO ALL Don’t Trust MR. TIRE on Bryan’s Road, as they will probably deceive and cheat you as they did me... Will never take my vehicles to them ever again!

Original review: July 23, 2020

I am highly disappointed in the services that I have recently received from Mr. Tire on Blackwood-Clementon Road in Clementon, NJ. I feel as though Mr. Tire and their staff are liars and thieves. I scheduled an appointment on July 3, 2020, for an oil change and to have my car looked at for concerns of a “shake and vibration” to the steering wheel and tires. The “shake and vibration” occurred mildly or not at all while going under 55 miles per hour; however, when going over 55 miles per hour, the “shake and vibration” was significant and even worse when braking. I was advised by Mr. Tire staff that the “shake and vibration” was due to the need to replace the front brake rotors. Due to the expertise and previous positive experience with them I agreed to have the rotors replaced along with brake pads. When driving off with the car after repair, I did not feel the “shake or vibration” because I was going under 55 miles per hour.

On July 16, 2020, while running some errands, I drove my car on the highway, going over 55 miles per hour my car began to “shake or vibration” again even worse than before. Greatly concerned, I immediately returned my car to Mr. Tire to make them aware of the same problem. I was aware that it was late in the day when I arrived and did not expect my car to be looked at that day and agreed that I would leave my car there for them to look at the next day. I did express my concerns about already paying $325 on July 3rd and that because the first repair did not solve the issue and because they misdiagnosed by car issue that I should not be expected to pay for additional repairs. The staff looked at me strange but stated they would look at the car and let me know what the issue was.

The next day I called and spoke with a different staff to make him aware that I had left my car the day before to have it looked at. The new staff for the day was unfamiliar with what was going on and stated he would investigate what was going on and return a call. After waiting 1 ½ hours I returned a call back and was advised by staff that my car was ready, and they would give me the quote on the repairs completed once I arrive, reporting that the actual issue now was that the wheels needed to be balanced and a weight replaced. I kindly explained to the staff that I should not pay due to the same problem existing and them misdiagnosing my car, strangely the staff did not disagree and advised that I can pick up my car. One, it's strange that if they expected me to pay for the second repair, as well, that they would first give me a quote BEFORE they fix the car?

Once there the staff handed me my keys with no receipt, when I inquired about a receipt he stated I did not need one, I requested a receipt to have proof on what was suppose to be repaired. The staff was discouraging stating I would have to wait 10 minutes or that I could come back in the middle of the week to pick up at a alter time. I disagreed and waited for the receipt. Second, it's strange that they did not want to give me a receipt on the services they provided? Third, my car was in the same spot it had been in when I left it overnight and did not appear to have been moved with my odometer/trip miles remaining the same when I dropped it off the night before. From my observation it appears that Mr. Tire got over on me by charging for services that have not been resolved and lying about it.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Needed to replace two tires on wifes car so I made a appointment. One rear rim had a slight bend in it so I instructed them to make sure it stayed on rear of car. My wife picked up car and ended up with a bill of $280 for two cheaper brand tires with a quote of $173 for tires, mounting, balancing etc. The rim that was supposed to be on rear of car was marked by them indicating RR but they put it on the left front causing the car the vibrate. Took car back and made them correct misplacement of rims on car. They denied everything and said extras were normal. Finally left and on way home checked air pressure monitoring system to find 41psi in LF, 34psi in RF, 35psi in RR and 38psi in LR. Fixed air pressures when I got home. Will NEVER go back there for any reason especially in Morehead City.

Original review: May 8, 2020

If I could give the Delmar store a zero I would. My daughter dropped off her car with a slow leak in tire on a Tuesday afternoon. They called Wed morning. Said couldn't be fixed. Would have her a tire 8 o'clock Thursday morning. Called Friday morning. Blamed on computer then tire company then said could pick up car by 5 o'clock Friday. Go up there. No one is working on car. One tech is sitting in his personal car on phone. They say, "Two people ahead of you." So finally argue enough they are doing her tire now. Worst tire oil change company around. Don't let your wife, your daughter, your son anywhere near this place. They will look you in eye or talk to in phone and lie their ** off. In my opinion don't go anywhere near this joke of a store.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Great customer service and very polite and helpful. I really enjoy having my car checked at the Mr. Tire in Old Forest areas because the service is always friendly and they explain all the work they do to my car.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Mr. Caleb ** was very professional. I did not have an appointment. I had been there years ago. I wanted to get the air in my tires checked. Caleb directed where to pull up to and talked to an employee about what I needed. I had asked what the cost would be and he said there would not be. While the gentlemen was doing that, I asked Caleb what an oil change was and he told me. I said I would need to make an appointment for next week. I changed my mind a few minutes later and asked Caleb if he could work me do today and he said yes. They checked my battery as well and overall. All of the employees were helpful and respectful. While I was waiting, I observed the customers coming in to pick up their car, and the ones coming in with problems like myself. Caleb, as well as the others were all nice and friendly and it was just a great experience, and the environment was a happy one.

Mr.Tire Company Information