4.0/5 (215 ratings)

About TriEagle Energy

TriEagle Energy can be relied on for more than just great electricity rates. With tools like weekly reports that help you track your usage to programs that can help you put money back in your wallet like smart thermostats you can take control of your energy bill like never before. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our smart products and electricity plans!

TriEagle Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Updated on 10/07/2020: I have been with Trieagle Energy for several years. I accepted a plan in which I would pay a fixed rate of $188.83 for 12 months, I agreed to the plan and each month my bill was $188.83, until the bill I received for 09/02/2020 until 10/02/2020 of $521.62. I was shocked. I called Trieagle and asked why were I charged $521.62, when the agreement was I would received a bill for $188.83 per month for 12 months. The customer service member told me I owed for higher kilowatts. I told him that was not the agreement and I would like a copy of my agreement but he only email me copies of my bills.

Original Review: I had been with Trieagle for a few years with no problems, but earlier this year I was offered a plan in which I would pay a set amount every month ( $188.83). I was paying this amount until I received this months bill which stated my payment amount would be $521.62. I almost fell to the floor, not only did Trieagle not lived up to their agreement, but expect me to pay $512.62, which I do not have. They did not live up to their agreement. And I am very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

They've always been understanding in hard times and customer service is always easy to understand. They're knowledgeable in every question asked and the rates are the best around. Would recommend to anyone out there looking for cheap rates. Great customer service.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I am changing electrical providers after being a TriEagle loyal customer for several years. I spoke with one of your customer service reps to discuss pricing for this coming year, and the person didn't seem to have the time for any questions either take it or leave it attitude. We may be in trying times, BUT I still have the say as to how I will, and where I spend my money. That being said I am now signed with a new provider for the coming year at a lower rate you are now offering. Good luck with your customer service reps. Richard

Original review: July 16, 2020

Y'all wanted to raise rates too high therefore I have contracted with another insurance company. So please discontinue sending your junk mail. I will not renew with Tri-Eagle. I do not renew! I will not renew at the exorbitant price! I don't want to renew with a company that will not negotiate!

Original review: July 2, 2020

Thought I was going to get bonus off bill or free energy products. Not easy to redeem. Other offered free nights which would be automatically taken off bill. Reliant seemed better but cause of bonus I stayed with Trieagle. Reliant tell me they will pay my cancellation fee if I switch.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I understand all that was told to me and decided to renew another 2 years. I receive some incentives after my renewal date to further my satisfaction to stay with Trieagle too. The representative was very friendly too, and made it simple for me.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I have tried to call but after many minutes of pushing buttons only to be put on hold for an extended amount of Time. So, I sent an email on June 3. I am still waiting on some kind of acknowledgment. My contract ends the 18th and time is running short for me.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I tried to change my email address which you clearly have. It is on the TOP RIGHT portion of the bill. However, the site states you don't have that email address in your records. This is the second time this has happened and if it happens again I will pay the cancel fee and find a new company. This is RIDICULOUS that the site is doing this two different times.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I’ve had a very good experience with Tri-Eagle for the last 3 years. No complaints. I just renewed with Tri-Eagle for another 2 years as of yesterday so I was wondering if I was eligible for the bonuses being offered right now because I renewed before April 30th. I’d appreciate the incentive as it’s much needed during this time.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Was trying to get some info on your smart T stats before I renewed (which never came) then I see my rate is now 50% higher and frankly I can't see myself waiting to hear back any longer. So no smart T stat for now and no resign bonus I and now I'm getting jacked at the higher rate since you're not set up to do Cust Svc for now. I assume your cust svc is now closed so let me know if you can at least adjust my bill. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Talked to customer service a few times. Found out when my one year contract was over. Waited over a month after it was up. Paid bailout of contract. Switched to Amigo. Final bill was charged 350 early termination. Crooked company. The state needs to step in. Close them down. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I read my contracts. I ask questions and I double check. If they dont give me my refund I will find an attorney and start a class action lawsuit.

TriEagle Energy response

Your experience is important to us. Please email your account/contact info to Socialmedia@trieagleenergy.com and we will contact you right away.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Per TriEagle's email to us of 12/16/2019 at 2:56 pm, we renewed our residential electric service agreement today. That email stated: "Your contract with TriEagle Energy ends on 1/24/2020. When you renew by December 31st, you'll lock in a great new rate and receive an added bonus!" The bonus was described as an "Eagle Plan Offer" for a $ 20 Visa Prepaid Card which would be available with our renewal.... However, the renewal procedure and your follow-up acknowledgement made no mention of this "$ 20 Reward." How and when will that "Reward" be handled by TriEagle?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I had a contract for the last 3 years at .0656, when it expired you sent me the new rate of .1154 kwh. PPl which supplies our electricity is at .0756. Your present rate was too high for me to consider a renewal. Thank you for the last 3 years.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I have been a customer for nearly 6 years, but will be cancelling my service after my most recent experience with their renewal efforts. Every year I have consistently received communication that my contract would expire, is about to expire, and then is expired with ample notification. This last year I did not receive the same level of communication and my contract went un-renewed. I had to find this for myself after realizing my rates weren't adding up and instead I was being charged 1.6x my usual rate. I normally would recommend the company to others, but I feel I have been taken advantage of. They made a lot of money off of me in a short amount of time but in turn lost a customer that was with them indefinitely.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I personally have gone through a nightmare with TriEagle. I'm relocated and they changed my account number and I have made payments and they don't know where they're at. They have threatened to disconnect my service for $32 even though it's already been paid. I am a senior citizen. I have agencies who have assisted in my payments and or made pledges but trieagle is not sharp enough to understand this and to understand that there was two account numbers and they're responsible for all this chaos with my accounts. They cannot figure out the monetary payments and pledges. All they do is threaten to disconnect the service I have gone through abuse by a supervisor name Delano who works in Connecticut.

The two women that I had previously talked to recognize there was problems on my account because of the two account numbers. They apologized and said she would put a ticket in to get it rectified. Evidently it has not been rectified. Also one Christian agency called them and verified with them that a payment was made and this man named Delano was really disrespectful and said he didn't see any of these payments. It has been a nightmare. I give them a zero.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I am very pleased with service provided throughout my 3 year contract. However, I have decided to give another company my business for the next 2 years. Primary consideration was pricing. Thank you and know that I will relook at TriEagle when next renewal opportunity occurs.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I called Power To Choose two years ago and I heard about TriEagle. They were so much cheaper than the last company that was why we went with them. Payments are auto-deducted right out of my account. Try them. I haven’t had any problems at all.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I've had TriEagle at home for at least five years now. We have a few outages that I’m dealing with the carrier, Oncor. Their prices are going higher and higher. My electricity bill in 2017 was 2,600, in 2016 it was 2,600, in 2018 was 3,000 for a whole year. This year, so far, the estimates based on the whole list, it will be 3,600. I have three more months to pay, and I made some estimates or projections based on the previous eight months and I will be paying 5,600. The graph is just going up higher and higher. I wish the price remains lower.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I’m on my third year with TriEagle Energy and the experience has been good so far. I renewed my contract with them and we’re happy. I would recommend for the first time but for renewing with them is a little bit expensive.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The price of TriEagle Energy is better than my provider in the past and I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

A coworker told me about TriEagle Energy, and their rate made me go with them. The other services were much more expensive. I did a six-month lease when I first got with them, and I was very happy with it. So, I ended up signing like a longer contract. I did everything online, and at first I was a little confused on how to get started. But once I got started, it was very easy. I’m very happy with the quality of service that I get. Every time somebody asks me, I always refer them.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Everything seems to be going well with TriEagle at our residence. When I renewed last time, I renewed for two years -- that was how much I enjoy it. I've used Cirro and another provider in the past, and it seemed like my energy is a little low too since I've joined TriEagle. The highest I ever had in my monthly bill since I’ve been with them has been 150. Whereas, with the other ones, I’ve seen 160 and 165. I do everything through the computer. I do automatic payment, and they send me a weekly thing that reads to you what I’m doing, which I look at. I’m satisfied with everything.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I’m very happy with TriEagle Energy. They have a lower rate, and I'm very pleased with the interactions that I've had with their reps.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I've saved a lot with TriEagle. I'm really, really pleased with the service. I've been mentioning it to my friends. In some places, they can't get it, but for some of them, I've been trying to convince them that's the way to go.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We use TriEagle for our utility service and they've been performing fine. My husband deals with them whenever our contract is up for renewal and he has never complained. I would recommend TriEagle Energy.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I've been TriEagle for a few years and I do everything online. I love it. I also like that they give me the weekly summary. They're telling me how much I've used this week compared to the last week and what my bill may estimate to be for the month should I continue in the way I'm going. I've also used Reliance and so far, I like TriEagle better.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

The bill is exactly what it says it's gonna be on the Electricity Facts Label. I've never had to call TriEagle. The only time I called them was when I signed up. We don't have any problem with TriEagle so we renew with them every year. It's been a pleasant experience. I would recommend them. In fact, I've recommended them to my aunt and niece the other day.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

My service with TriEagle was good. The website was good, too but that can improve. I have recommended them nevertheless.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

When we moved to Gainesville, TriEagle Energy was the company to go with. The rep was really pleasant and as far as the quality of services that are offered, I got no complaints. So far, so good. I like the emails and text messages I get with the price of our bills. That’s pretty spectacular.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

TriEagle was great at first and I've been with them for a couple of years. Then it started kinda going downhill. The price of the energy was going up. I couldn't get anybody to tell me why so that I could understand and accept. They said it was because of the energy provider and told me to call Oncor. It just left me with the impression that it wasn't TriEagle's fault. Well, I'm paying the bill and that's not much of an answer. I want some kind of explanation about what's going on and I didn't get much resolution so I switched over to another provider.

TriEagle Energy Company Information