1.05/5
Based on 230 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions)

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

Read More Read More

Last updated: May 24, 2018

1412 OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

Where to begin?! Mama bear came out roaring mad a bit ago. My husband is on heart meds. OptumRx has messed up major league twice now. They first almost let him run out of one med by keeping the med unavailable for refill over a week past the date on the label and he would run out well before an order would process and be sent.

I had them transfer meds back to local pharmacy, or so I thought. The past couple days, I’ve gotten a text from CVS that a med was ready for pickup. I go by there yesterday and they cannot find it. No record of it. I check with the doctor office. They’d called it to mail order but said they’d fix it. Get a text today from CVS. Called again. They found the script that had been transferred by Optum this time-in Bristol, RHODE ISLAND, which is nearly 800 miles from us in Bristol, TENNESSEE. Optum can’t even get the right state??!! Wow! This is absolute idiotic incompetence. I so wish I could give less than one star. They’ll never get our business again.

Original review: May 22, 2018

CHECK YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS! They filled a prescription with the wrong pill and I didn't notice for three months. I just assumed they had changed manufactures AGAIN! I take two maintenance prescriptions and I had just finished taking the last pill in the bottle for my blood pressure and when I opened the bottle I noticed it was different. So I opened the second prescription thinking that I had just grabbed the wrong bottle and it matched the pill that I had been taking for blood pressure.

I called the company and the pharmacist said they take pictures of every prescription... pills with bottle that goes out of the pharmacy. My blood pressure pill was suppose to be green, but I had been taking a blue and pink pill for 90 days. (FYI, the label on the side tells you what color and the markings that should be on the pill.) Funny thing... after researching it, they didn't have a picture of my prescriptions. Then they tried to accuse me of mixing my prescriptions and telling me I didn't know what color pill I had been taking. They tried to convince me that it was really a green pill I had been taking and not a blue... or light purple. I even had one pharmacist tell me that both of those pills were in the same vicinity not that he was admitting to the mistake but it could have happened.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Our insurance was due to expire at the end of April, so I sent a request to contact the doctor for a refill in order to have enough supply until the new insurance kicked in. Their website had some issues (every time) and I was unable to cancel the old doctors name, so I just added the new doctor. I thought they would be smart enough to realize they would need to contact the new doctor. They didn't and then they found an old number from when we had to use them in Texas and called that phone number (we have been living in Florida for over 2 1/2 yrs.) They shouldn't have even had that number. Needless to say after speaking to many people at OptumRX. They will not fill the prescription. Although I had submitted this request April 16th. That is not Customer Service only customer Disservice.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have a Crohn's Disease as well as many of the problems that come with it over 40+ years. I have dealt with a lot of drug companies. OptumRx is the worst place I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I was doing really well on the drug regimen I was on until the State of Michigan hooked up with this racket. (Shame on ORD-State of Michigan Retirement for hooking up with a company that had such bad reviews) OptumRx denied to pay for a drug I had been on for nausea for over 15 years. Any and every prescription that comes up for renewal now I totally dread. This place hangs up on you, not dropped calls, hang ups. They are rude, dishonest and totally worthless. I have been without a medication for nearly 4 weeks now that I have been on for years simply because of their method of doing (or not doing) business.

I started out trying to be patient and friendly with them. I don't have an ounce of respect or patience for them at this point. Never thought I would blow up at a person on the phone just doing their job but I truly have lost it with them more than once. They put prescriptions on hold without telling you. Your doctor sends them prescriptions they claim they never got. I have NEVER wrote a bad review for any company but this place needs to be put out of business before they kill someone. I see reviews where people are going through the same problems with them that I am, and they are on HEART medicine. How do you just go without a heart medication for weeks while you deal with them. Something needs to be done about this company. I intend to reach out to every and anyone responsible for handing my life over to this company.

I have never been this angry or disappointed with the service I received from any other company. Nearly every review I have read concerning OptumRX has at least one or more of the same problems with them as I do. Why are we still with this company? That is a question I intend to get an answer to! Avoid this company if you can. You will NOT be happy with the service you get.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Optum Rx is simply the worst pharmacy I’ve dealt with; I have used other mail order pharmacies in the past with good experiences. More specifically, I have four prescriptions. I have received only one. One physician prescribes three of them, so am confident that they have received my prescriptions. One prescription in particular is a brand-name drug. I was assured by the first company representative that it was covered under my plan, even after I clarified it was not the generic. I never received it. After some weeks, I called again. Same story.

After several weeks I called yet again, and was informed my insurance does not cover the prescription, but the plan I use through the medication company would cover it and I would receive it. After several more weeks, I called again, and was told there was NO RECORD of me ordering the medication or talking to anyone about it. At that point, I told them to forget it and I’ll continue getting my prescriptions filled locally. My local grocery store pharmacy gets it right every month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: May 17, 2018

I've have the unfortunate pleasure of having to deal with Catamaran/OptumRx for the past 10 year because of my employer. They screw up a min of 75% of my son's insulin orders... Wrong addresses, shipping orders I didn't order, not shipping orders I did pay for, billing my C.C without authorization... telling them NOT to put C. Card on file and it's still there. The only way I've been able to keep them from sending me stuff is to leave a 50.00 balance on the account and every time I order, I pay the last 50.00 and leave the new 50.00 (more on this later).

I've gone through three diff people that say call me next time and guess what the phone doesn't work after a while... Last person I was using was Scott **, he was great but guess what.... phone no longer works... Linked in shows he still works for the company but no one can seem to find him.. "he's not in this office"... "we have several location" He's in Chicago. People how many locations you got in Chicago??? This last problem was...

I called in 1-20-18 and placed order #** and they charged me 50.00 on 1-23-18... then on 4-20-18 I placed order ** and they charged me 50.00 on 4-23-18.. then again on 4-24-18 for 50.00... I called on 4-25-18 and spoke to Brittany and she says the charges on 1-23-18 and 4-23-18 are for the same order number ** and the 4-24-18 was for **. She would get with accounting involved.

4-26-18 I called and spoke to Melanie. She confirmed but nothing back from accounting. 5-2-18, I called. Spoke to Jay (female). Nothing but she would send a request for an update. 5-4-18 Friday called. Spoke to Tina, nothing she would send a "Trouble Update" and have answer no later than Monday. 5-8-18 (40 min phone call) called. Spoke to Olivia. She says there was nothing in the account about any previous contacts... I got to supervisor Miriam and she would have an answer in 24-48 hours. 5-11-18 Friday (55 min call) called. Got Alec. He didn't know what to do. I got supervisor Loraine and she received the full brunt of my frustrations and said I'd hear back. 5-11-18 5pm I got a call from ** female but I wasn't at work and didn't get to write down name... "The refund was set up 5-7-18 already and give it a few more days to hit credit card" and here we are 5-17-18...

5-17-18 called. Spoke to Latanya and she said they credited the 50.00 to a past order (see above for reason of 50.00 past due). Spoke to supervisor Kylie and she said, "nothing she can do. She isn't in accounting" and when I asked her to find Scott ** for me was the same thing "he's not in this location" and I asked her to open her Microsoft Outlook to look for him. The line goes dead... sigh... I've wasted more than 50.00 just arguing with this company and I think that's what they want... you waste so much time and get so frustrated you WON'T bother calling them when they screw up!!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Besides SSI and Medicare OptumRX has the worst customer service ever. Every time I call I get a different response and generally they are extremely rude. There is only one preferred pharmacy I can go to and they too are horrible to work with. I am on numerous medications for heart failure and have difficulty getting anything authorized even though I’ve been on most of them since 2008. All of my medications have gone way up since January. One medication I was on since 2008 was suddenly denied and they would not even approve if after my leading cardiologist at Stanford wrote an appeal.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have been trying to go online for three weeks now. It keeps telling me "bad request." I am trying to find out the price of the prescription and have to keep on calling. I never had a problem before, but now they are impossible. How can they have a problem for so long? I have to use them because my insurance tells me I do. What can I do?

Original review: May 5, 2018

Terrible customer service. Mailed prescriptions too early and ignored my requests to manually place refills, which cost me $200 for a prescription my doctor had cancelled. Promised to refund me but never did.

Original review: May 2, 2018

This company provides terrible customer service for patients and for doctors. They use any means necessary to delay, defer, and deny your prescriptions. Frustrating for all of us. I am trying to get in touch with their CEO right now, but provider "customer service" is of no help. I have been on the phone for 2 hours today trying to help a patient - no help. Won't let me talk with a pharmacist or physician to get help for my patient. Employers and patients-If you have a choice, stay away.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Terrible company, customer service F. Phone calls on hold for more than 20 min., then no answers, all overseas, difficult understand, screwed up several prescriptions, and then when you want to leave feedback, they put you on hold, and never come back. Poorly run, an embarrassment. Look on Yelp: 213 reviews all negative, and only one star. Stay AWAY.

Original review: May 1, 2018

My 10 yr old daughter was diagnosed with a gastrointestinal disease, Ulcerative Colitis, at age 6. We have been through test after test, doctor after doctor, and medication after medication, over the last 4 years. We have finally found a doctor who has prescribed medication that actually keeps her condition under control, and now we’re being told by Optum RX (UHC) that her medication will not be covered at all. They cover the doctor visits but they won't cover the medication that the professional prescribes? It’s not enough to have the stress of dealing with a sick child, now we have the added burden of worrying about how we are going to come up with the money to pay for the medication that keeps her condition manageable. This medication would cost us $2000 every 3 months.

Our daughter has already tried the Optum RX listed alternates in the past and none them worked. They also list ** as an alternative and ** has not been approved for use on children! Children are very limited on the types of medications they can take to treat this disease and this is the reason why the doctor has specifically prescribed this particular medicine because this it's the only one that has worked for her.

Her doctor is the Vice President of pediatric gastroenterology at a very well-known hospital in our area; you would think that would mean something but apparently UHC knows more than the doctor because they have just denied our 2nd level appeal. We have never had any difficulty with this medication with any of the previous drug companies we have been with (i.e. Medco, Express Scripts). What an absolute disgrace of a company... They should be ashamed of themselves but I guess someone over there would have to have a conscience for that to happen.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have bad encounters with all of agents I have talked to. Every time I call and talk to any of their representatives over the phone, they don't know what is going on with the previous information that were discussed. All of the reps. put me on hold for 10 to 15 minutes several times during the phone call and when they return still did not get an answer.

During all of my conversation with any of the reps. They told me different kinds of information that will not happen, for instance, they said I was going to be refunded for a returned prescription drugs, and I ended up not receiving anything. I suggested that if a customer called, they have to make a log for any conversation they had at that moment, so that the next time around, they know the details and what was going on. One agent says to connect me to a knowledgeable rep. but ended up transferring me to the initial telephone greetings. It was a very bad experience every time I call for a question, I get 3 or 4 times longest hold. Very bad.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have to use this mail away pharmacy as it is the one AARP. United Healthcare Medicare D uses. I have used other mail aways in the past. I have been using them since Dec. 2017. This is the worst pharmacy I have ever used. There is a problem getting my medications every single month. Their site tells me to mail the scripts 10 days before. I overnight them 2 weeks before and I still do not ever get my medications on time. AARP should change the company they are using. I have been reading all the bad comments about this company.

You call and each customer service person will give you a different reason as to why your medicine has not been sent. I asked if I need to send my script a whole month before its due to get it on time. My insurance company has given me prior authorization through Dec of 2018 and my doctor's office is getting upset because of the screw ups this company is making.

I live in the north during summer and in the south during winter. I have to use the mail away for my meds while in the south as I cannot get them filled anywhere! When I am up north I have not one problem getting my meds through my regular pharmacy instead of this mail away. United Healthcare should definitely find another mail away company. If I can find an insurance company that will cover my meds I will not be using AARP. United Health Medicare D next year. It has made my time in the south a miserable experience when as a retired person I should be enjoying what I worked so hard to do.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Medications are prescribed with a purpose. Unfortunately, with medications requiring prior authorization OptumRX is INCOMPETENT with their notations and filing of these forms. In an effort to get my medication in a timely manner, my doctor went through the trouble of paperwork and working with my insurance for long-term Preauthorization. FAIL - multiple phone calls, several failed conversations with customer service, REPEATEDLY THEY FAILED TO ATTACH THE APPROVAL TO MY ACCOUNT.

On every occasion for the last several years, Per my doctor, I’ve attempted to reorder my 90 day supply & never with ease. Protocol is mailing your script, which I did each time. Also, having prior authorization. Again, inconvenience, & incompetence. My most recent experience after speaking with MULTIPLE REPS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, TWO supervisors and receiving two confirmations that my script would be OVERNIGHTED DUE TO MY TRAVELS FOR A WEEK... FAIL, FAIL, and again, failed. I’m a week overdue on my meds.

STILL DUE TO LACK OF EFFICIENCY AND INCOMPETENCE MY SCRIPT WAS DELAYED, which came across in a voicemail the following day after verbal confirmation my meds would be overnighted, THEY WERE NOT. While the purpose of my medication is not life or death, it’s a doctor prescribed necessity for my daily life. The ONLY SUPPORT given, “I’m sorry for the inconvenience. There’s nothing we can do”. This is the last time I’ll be asking them, “Just mail me back my scripts. Refund my charges”. Never have I dealt with a company that is in the arena of such delicate matters at this poor level of ABSOLUTE INCOMPETENCE.

Original review: April 24, 2018

This company needs to be investigated for fraudulent practices. I am going to contact the fraud division of the Carlsbad, California Police Department. On March 20th, I ordered from OptumRx, the mail order pharmacy 180 tablets of **, 150mg tablets for my husband. While on the phone with the service clerk, Karen I was told that there would be $0 co-pay, since my husband's plan covered Tier 1 and Tier 2 drugs at $0 co-pay. On 2/9/2018, I had received a letter from United Health Care regarding this policy of OptumRx. I went ahead and ordered two medications the **. Both I was told are Tier 1 and Tier 2 medications for which there would be no charge. The medications arrive and the invoices provided with the medication clearly state that there is $ 0.00 amount due.

Yesterday, I received a statement from OptumRx demanding $44.73 for the 180 tablets of ** and $24.70 for the **. I called the number on the statement and explained to the loser on the phone that I did not owe this bill, as everything was to be charged to the credit card they had on file. I went back through my credit card statement and found that they had not charged for a prescription I had received in February. I did owe them $96.00 not the $165.43 they claim they had not charged.

At that point I demanded to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor then proceeded to give me a cock-and-bull story that when the medications were filled my husband was in the donut hole and the plan benefit did not apply. However, the invoices that came with the medication clearly showed a $0.00 co-pay. This company appears to be fraudulent billing and not honoring the plan benefit. This company is located in Carlsbad, California. I strongly encourage anyone who has had a similar experience to contact the fraud department of the Carlsbad Police Department.

Original review: April 22, 2018

OptumRx's website is pure garbage. I don't know who maintains it but whoever it is belongs in another line of work, voluntarily or otherwise... Could be that pack of retarded chimpanzees that escaped from the zoo. Trying to refill medications... Went online with them and got all kinds of irrelevant garbage... Nothing pertaining to refills. OK... Downloaded the app. There were my medications. OK. Attached to those needing refills was "Order by 4/23 (tomorrow) to get your medications on time". Also there was "Not yet ready for refill". Well which way is it dingbats??? That's like putting a DO NOT ENTER sign next to an EXIT sign. No one should have to jump through hoops and stand on their head to refill medications. Previously, we had dealt with EXPRESS SCRIPTS for years with no problems. Dealing with this bunch of incompetent nitwits is like running a gauntlet. Clearly, the ones running their website are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I am a cardiologist who has had the misfortune being a patient having to obtain their prescriptions through OptumRx. I made the mistake of choosing the AARP Medicare part D drug plan. It must’ve taken a lot of money from Optum to entice AARP to endorse them and degrade their good name. I have read many of the reviews in this column and find them to be credible as they mirror my experience.

Optum has an antiquated, unstable, and not user-friendly website. OptumRx does not consistently follow Medicare guidelines. Quote from the Medicare website: “Now, there’s a new policy for mail-order prescriptions. Plans have to get your approval to deliver a prescription (new or refill) unless you ask for the refill or request the new prescription.” Optum sends prescriptions without contact. I have two grievance responses from them, one admitting their error and the other after continuing problems, admitting that their computer system can’t perform the function that Medicare requires.

Optum’s grievance department is self-serving and lazy. My recommendation is to not waste your time contacting them, but rather writing to Medicare directly: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Medicare Complaint Dept., 7500 Security Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21244-1850. Even more important is to publish your experiences, as I find companies (such as Optum) and their overseers (such as Medicare) will not take action unless forced to do so.

Original review: April 21, 2018

My insurance program, United Healthcare Medicare Advantage, demands that its clients use OptumRx to furnish maintenance medications by mail. In the past United Healthcare has used Express Scripts and during that time I had virtually no problems with getting my prescriptions ordered, getting them paid for, and having them delivered in a timely manner. I kept a credit card on file with them and when I needed to update my card it was very easy. If I needed to talk to a company representative or pharmacy, they were always quickly available.

Recently OptumRx bought out Express Scripts and then United Healthcare purchased OptumRx. First of all it is an illegal conflict of interest for a health insurance company to buy doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, or other health care services. Now with the OptumRx pharmacy owned by United Healthcare, the process of getting my prescriptions has become nearly impossible. Their website is virtually unusable, most of the time it is unavailable and even when it is available, it NEVER, EVER works correctly. For month they have screwed up my account, my on file credit cards, my address, and my prescription orders. Their prices are completely out of belief, always increasing consumer costs, and often replacing Brand Name Drugs with generics that are proven in court to be completely different products, completely detrimental to my health.

Over the past few times I have been forced to use OptumRx they have put my order on hold due to errors they have made in my on file credit card. Every time I have to call and a representative first tries to tell me my credit card has expired, and when I press them on the issue they SUDDENLY find the card is correct and then verbally confirm my order.

Over the past several months, their website has grown slower and slower, and in the past several days it has become totally unusable, it never responds to clicks on the site, just spins and spins. I need medication refills and I can't get a response to my web entries. I am a retired IT professional and executive so I know how to use websites, plus I have a very powerful computer and very high speed Internet access, so the problem is not me. As consumers we need to demand that United Healthcare divest themselves of OptumRx or any other pharmacy and that they demand high quality performance from whoever they choose as a mail in pharmacy. I intend to pursue this matter with my Congress people and Senators.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I'll start by saying my work made me use this company. When dealing with something as important as medication proper care should be taken. It is dangerous for me to just stop taking my medication so when it never showed up, I started to get worried. I called and they assure me that it was delivered. I check again, and it had not. They did not update my address which I had gone over with the rep. twice when I ordered it. Unfortunately it was right before the Thanksgiving Holiday so it would not arrive until 5 days later that would mean me missing 10 of my doses. The associate asked me if I could just call my former residence and have them overnight it to me... what?

I mean seriously (I live hundreds of miles away from my previous residence). I also couldn't just go pick it up from the pharmacy because it was already showing that it had been filled. That is very costly, and a huge pain for me and I had no idea if they could even do that. I call the my former residence and it turns out that nope, they cannot. So I had to do without until the next week and it really messed with my body. I also couldn't figure out why it didn't just come to my mailbox and why it went to my complex but I figured it was because they expedited my prescription due to their mess up.

So then I call again to order my next round and they STILL do not have my address correct. They were missing my unit number which explains why it went to my complex the last time. How many times does it take to get someones address correct? Side note, they also said they were giving me a 90 day prescription... nope, they gave me 90 pills which translates into a 45 day prescription.

Original review: April 12, 2018

This Pharmacy Benefits "manager" (I use the word loosely) are THE BIGGEST bunch of dumb asses that I have had the displeasure to deal with. The NJ SEHBP & SHBP benefits plans switched to these morons in an effort to save $1.5 BILLION during 2018 through 2020. Good luck with that. I'll wait & see the final accounting in 2020. I knew I was in trouble when the "welcome" letter to TENS OF THOUSANDS of beneficiaries contained TYPOGRAPHICAL errors. It has gone downhill ever since. Prescriptions NOT transferred from the prior PBM. Special instructions to the pharmacy IGNORED. Send me a letter to tell me the date after which an RX can be filled - with the WRONG date.

Have to call in & speak with a rep to get fixed. Company won't fill a prescription unless it is paid for when filled (unlike Express Scripts). Then wait ANOTHER day to notify me via an automated call to call them back. Then tell me they tried to process the credit card several times & was declined as a "bank" problem. I called my card issuer. NO attempt even to TRY to process a charge. This has happened more than once. Obviously a problem on OPTUMRX end. I don't want to be seen as whining, as these are small matters when compared to those that can't even get their prescriptions filled in a timely manner. I feel truly sad for those who have written on this site that have no other alternative but to deal with these idiots. OptumRx's entire PBM software system is junk & combined with management that cuts every corner, deeply, leaves clients in the lurch.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Every 3 months I would get a prescription of ** 40mg 90 day supply and I would be charged $90. This last time I renewed I was sent only 30 day supply of ** 40mg and charged $95. This was done without telling me that there was a change in the pricing or supply (30 as opposed to 90 days). Had I been told the price I would never order the prescription. I can't afford it on my Social Security. Besides, I was not told that there is another option to ** - the generic version which is free on my plan. There is more to this story but I cannot write it now. I called Customer Service 3 times and each time the representative told me that they will take it back. Each time a few days later when I called I was told that Pharmacy turned down the request to return the meds. What kind a game are they playing?

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have used the AARP prescription discount program since 2005. AARP has changed its fulfilling pharmacy several times over the years, and most of them have been satisfactory. Not OptumRx. I will never order from this company again. Here’s what happened. On April 2, I called to request a refill and was quoted a price of $29.98 for a 90-day supply – the same price I had been paying for a long time. I was asked if I wished to use the credit card I had on file to pay this amount, and I said yes. A few days later, I went online to pay my credit card bill. There I saw the charge I was expecting, but right below it was another charge for $20.99. What is that, I wondered? I called OptumRx to inquire and, if we had been in the same room, that rep and I might have come to blows. She finally referred me to a supervisor, who was much more pleasant but equally unhelpful.

The supervisor said she needed to consult with other departments, making for a slow process and a long hold time. Finally she informed me that the price of the medication had gone up and that OptumRx had no control over that. She did apologize for the fact that I had been given no notice of the additional charge (which was actually not posted until two days after the original amount). The lack of notice deprived me of the opportunity to decline the refill, which I might well have done because the increase was so extreme and I was not in desperate need of replenishment.

Since I had not known of the additional charge and certainly did not authorize it, I turned to my credit card company for help. The card rep arranged for a conference call in order to try to resolve the issue. We waded through FIVE reps at OptumRx, one of whom finally managed to locate my account, but she flatly refused to issue a refund for the $20.99. So, it appears that OptumRx thinks it is okay to charge a customer for an extra amount even though the customer did not know about it and did not authorize it. News flash: it is NOT okay EVER for anybody, anywhere, anytime, to charge a credit card without permission. The amount involved here is trivial, but the principle is huge.

The straw which broke this camel’s back came when a call to a local brick-and-mortar pharmacy resulted in a quote of $29.95 – within three cents of the original price from OptumRx. The cited “price increase” appears to have been no more than an excuse for stealing money. I’m not sure which one I detest more, a thief or a liar, but both can be found at OptumRx. Judging by the efficiency of the customer service department, this company’s right hand doesn’t know what its left hand is doing. It seems far too likely, however, that sooner or later, one of them will be in your pocket. Bah, humbug.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I was forced into using OptumRx through my work. The first month I had to have overrides to get my prescriptions. The next month sent in all my prescriptions and a month later no prescription. Never get a straight answer from anybody I talk to, false information. Was told it would be here on one day. Spent 8 hours waiting nothing, called back. They told me it wasn't processed. It would be here on another day. Waited another day 8 hours. Miss work. Never showed up. Call them. Hasn't been processed. Been the worst experience of my life.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Apparently it is company policy to 'sit on' prior authorizations for 72 hrs even when they are marked 'URGENT' by a physician! They also have no problem with the fact that this lack of service results in members being deprived of their needed medications and supplies. I spent 1.5 hours being transferred from 1 department to another, only to be told that URGENT requests are, by policy, to be dragged around for 3 days before being reviewed. This company has no conscience, no soul, and certainly no customer service. I will be sure that our union drops them come contract negotiation time. It has become my life's goal. Words to describe this company: Inept. Clueless. Irresponsible. Unconscionable.

Original review: April 5, 2018

For the love of God, if you have any other option in life... do not use this pharmacy! Unfortunately, this is the only place I can get my ** so I have no other options and are stuck with this ** of a company and their trash representatives. I'd almost rather rip out my own uterus than to ever speak or deal with them again. Dealing with Briovarx and their representatives is 1,000 times worse than the side effects of this medicine. Every month the process just to get the drug shipped to my doctor's office is fresh hell. Calling the customer service line is a nightmare. Be prepared to have an hour to kill each time, oh, and you will need to make a minimum of 15 calls a month for them to actually help you. Also, you will be hung up on numerous times and they will argue with you.

Every month the amount the charge is different and they will NOT send you any bills or explanations on what the insurance covered. Just expect you to hand over your card to be charged exorbitant amounts. Thankfully, this is only a temporary nightmare for me but I really feel for the people who have to continuously use this sham of a company. Clearly, I'm going to have to start refilling this prescription the moment I get my shot for the next month and even then fingers crossed they will fill it in time. All of them are liars too, as their hours always magically change all the time. Most of the time that I actually do get a phone call from them without it going straight to voicemail because my phone thinks they are scammers (rightfully so) it will be the automated loop to hold again for a representative. Why the hell are you calling me and making me wait in the vortex of hold hell???

Oh and the one time I actually get a real person leaving me a voicemail she tells me they are there until 10 PM EST. **, I called in the afternoon and now they are closed? Or anytime I ask to speak to a manager they tell me I need to speak with accounting and they are closed. I hope they all get illnesses that require them to order medication from their own pharmacy maybe then it will improve.

Original review: April 4, 2018

BriovaRx Specialty Pharmacy - Have been dealing with this place for 2 yrs because our insurance at work is United Healthcare and I am on **. This is the WORST place I've ever dealt with. With BC their specialty pharmacy was a breeze and never had a problem. I swear I get a robocall earlier and earlier to refill my meds. Now I've still got 3 more shots (out of a 4 pack) and they want me to refill now. And it is a problem going thru computers and computers to get to a real person. What a joke. This place isn't even worth any stars but had to give them 1 to get this to go through.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have had problem after problem after problem with Optum. I ordered a medication on 3/27/18, received confirmation, checked status and everything looked good... fast forward to today (4/4/18), I checked the status of the order and absolutely nothing on record. This is the 2nd time this has happened! A few months ago, I ordered a prescription and paid for it, I have the $20 payment confirmed on my bank statement... but I was told it was canceled, yet 2 days later received the prescription in the mail. Now I am getting bills in the mail for the $20 cost when it was already paid for!

And to add insult to injury, I am required to take not one, but TWO medications for thyroid. Was told the prescription was canceled because Optum's pharmacist said the medications do the same thing and I don't need both. Excuse me??? Are you my endocrinologist? Not to mention, if this person knew anything about these medications, he or she would know they ARE NOT the same thing. This company is a great idea but has been nothing but hassles and incompetence since day 1. I am angry I have given ANY money to this garbage pharmacy.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have not had a positive experience with OptumRx since the switchover from Express Scripts January 2018. It has been downhill from the beginning starting with registering family members with the company, to refilling an existing prescription, and even to filling a new prescription. Customer reps do not make any phone calls to the doctor’s office so it becomes the patient’s job to communicate what the pharmacy needs from the doctor. It is now 2 weeks and I’m still trying to get a prescription filled for a medication I’ve been on for 7 years. Apparently there is an appeal process that patients need to go through if they feel they didn't get enough information from the doctor.

Instead of calling and finding out directly with the physician it is easier to deny a prescription without understanding a patient’s history. I will give this company zero stars if I could. Because there was no or little direct communication with the doctor’s office my medication was not approved, and now need to go going through an appeal process. So dissatisfied and feeling stressed about their level of service.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Let me start by saying that if I could give 0 stars for OptumRx I would. I am a retired teacher from NJ. Unfortunately, as of January 2018, the state of NJ switched from Express Scripts to OptumRx for our prescription mail order. Ever since it has been a nightmare. I have had two major problems with OptumRx between January and March. I've made multiple calls to this company before and after January 2018 to be sure the switching process would be seamless, it has been anything but. They never sent one of my refills that was supposed to be processed 1/13/18. When I called about it, the supervisor I spoke to blamed me because I signed up for auto delivery. Isn't that the whole point of auto delivery...to get you refills automatically sent to you?

As a result, I lost one of my refills because the doctor's script expires May 2018. After that I had another medication that was never sent despite a series of phone calls to OptumRx to be sure everything was in order. I was down to one pill by the time they processed my refill. They had to overnight the prescription to me. This company has the most incompetent employees I have ever encountered. I feel they are dangerous...people rely on their medications for survival. I'm going to start going to the pharmacy for my meds now because they cannot be trusted to provide them on time. I also plan on contacting the state of NJ to file a complaint. Hopefully if enough people complain they will return to Express Scripts.

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information