formerly Prescription Solutions

3.8/5 (1140 ratings)

About OptumRx

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

OptumRx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I have been using Optum RX for 4 years. I have never had any problems with getting my prescription refilled, they send me a notification when they are sending it. (I am on the automatic delivery.) I HAVE had problems with the doctor not responding to Optum's request, which has delayed my prescription, other than that, my medications have been taking a lot longer to get here because of the problems with the post office. All of our community is having problems with delivery (as is the rest of the country). I was sent Christmas Cards that took 3 weeks to get here! It is not Optum's fault that the post office is having problems.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I am very satisfied with my mail-in pharmacy, they are always so helpful and courteous in answering my questions and concerns. I am always treated as a valued customer. I never have to wait long.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I love the fact that I get a 3 month supply of my prescriptions and I do not have to contact my doctor every time I need a refill, they do all of that for me, then lo and behold, my script arrives.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Shipping is fast, quick to get meds when you don’t have any. Friendly, professional. They make sure your needs are met. Home delivery is the way to go. No standing in lines. Straight to your mailbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

With Medicare, I do not pay anything for some of my meds. The one I buy is not the cheapest, but is convenient to order from them. Not everyone carries it. They make reorders easy.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Have been trying to obtain a specialty medication following all instructions from Optum to do so. Pre-Authorizations done, appeal done and finally independent review. Have been told 4 times that medication had been approved and was being sent. 3 of these times in the past 2 days only to end up getting a call telling me it was a mistake and the medication is not approved and will not be sent. The drug manufacturer was providing the medication to me until we could complete the steps for coverage with Optum however, due to Optum erroneously telling them that it was approved and being sent to me, the drug company closed my case and stopped sending the medication.

Repeatedly called Optum and requested to speak to a supervisor or manager and given to someone who was not a supervisor. On one occasion, the person falsely stated they were a supervisor only to find out on the next call that was made to them that they are not a supervisor. Repeated request to speak to management ignored. Told someone would call me back from management and this still never happened. Each time Optum calls, I explain the errors made previously and instead of checking further, they just repeat the same information regarding my medication being approved and sent followed by a separate phone call from them telling me it was an error and it is not approved nor being processed. I have several emails from them telling me the medication is being sent. Outcome: I am running out of medication that takes weeks to become effective with no hope in sight to obtain it was promised from this company.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Every time my doctor sends in a prescription, if OptumRx doesn't have it in stock they don't let me know and if I call asking when my prescription will be filled they say they never received the prescription. This has been going on for the last year and it's very annoying. I need my prescriptions and waiting a month for a medication is not something I want to do. When I spoke with a liaison with optumrx I found out that the prescriptions that the customers service reps kept telling me were never sent by my doctor actually had been received by optumrx but because they didn't have the medication in stock they figured lying was easier than just admitting they couldn't fill the prescription.

I sent in a letter of complaint and they responded with an encrypted email that can't be opened! This pharmacy is a JOKE! Not only do they lie about whether your prescription is there but they change the price to a much higher amount than what was quoted. Optumrx are a bunch of thieves and liars. I would rather pay the extra amount at CVS than put up with optumrx's **.

Original review: July 19, 2021

This company should be put out of business! They will kill someone sooner or later. They fail to refill prescription on time. When called about it they do nothing but give excuses for their failure. Then they take 2 to 4 weeks to get a needed prescription to you unless you pay for shipping. This company's failures are unacceptable and I personally will never use them again.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I wish I could give less than one star. I called at least 2 weeks ahead to make sure they would have enough time to get the new prescription since it was out of refills and now I have had to get the doctor to call a three day prescription to the local pharmacy so my mom will have her medicine. They said it was the doctor that was the cause. The doctor said that they sent it on June 23rd for enough for the rest of the year. They are liars. I asked them to send it day delivery and they said it couldn’t be done because it was already set to be received on Monday. That would leave her without her medicine for 3 days, which she can’t do! I will be finding another way to get her medicine from now on. I have had other problems with them and not put any review out on it but this just shouldn’t happen to anyone.

Original review: July 12, 2021

OptumRx today just decided to take my money today by shipping my $80 renewal Rx when my setting was disabled and I did not order it. There's no chat feature so I had to waste time calling to explain. Instead of receiving an immediate refund, I am expected to return the shipment before I can get a refund to my card. I should not have to lift a finger to get my refund. It's their fault. It seems like a 50% discount would be appreciated for this screw up. Next time if I receive a shipment I did not order I'll keep it and call my credit card company to dispute the shipment and charge. Sure, it's "nice" of them to anticipate my needs, but how else do you combat a company that auto ships when it's clearly not set to do so? This is completely unethical and deceptive.

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information