3.17/5

formerly Prescription Solutions

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

1658 OptumRx Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I am new to this company. Was injured at work and the company called me and offered their delivery service. I agreed. I went to check my mail and surprise! Had 3 medicines!! I did not order them so yes, was very surprised. They told me that they'd call 16 days before my meds ran out that they'd put in a request with my doc. They did not. They called me today and after explaining to them that I didn't call them that they called ME, they transferred me to the "pharmacy" where I told her my medicines then, after being on the phone for nearly an HOUR, the call DROPS? So at this point I don't know if they sent a request or not? I do not pay for their service, it's under workmen's comp. But still, do I need to be worried?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

OptumRx is a joke. Their website is a useless POS. The pharmacy locator tool simply doesn't work and the pricing information for most medications shows as unavailable when you add them to your basket for delivery. These problems have persisted for years. They just don't care about making their website user-friendly at all. Shame on you, Optum. Just continue to line your pockets. Your day will come to an end once this country finally does away with private "health" companies like your own.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

OptumRx has been nothing, but a headache. I have talked to customer service multiple times and they somehow still mess up my orders. They have sent me a prescription with the wrong dose and have sent me prescriptions I never ordered and charged me for that prescription without any prior authorization from me. They also changed all my prescriptions to brand name ones even though my doctor prescribed me generic ones in the first place. Instead of spending hours trying to switch my prescriptions back, I am just going to switch to an actual in person pharmacy. OptumRx is not convenient, charges prices that are incorrect, and does not care about their customers at all. They are completely for profit and it shows.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

OptumRx is the worst mail order pharmacy I have ever dealt with. It always takes 7 to 10 days to get my medications even a refill. New medications are even worse. Sometimes they put them on hold when my doctor calls them in and never let me know that they did. I only know because I don't get the meds. They don't e-mail or call even though they have all this information. If you call and complain no action is ever taken. The customer representative is just silent on the other end of the phone. I am forced to use them by medicare or I would stop today.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This is a follow up on my July 28, 2019 review. Staff at OptumRx told me that my prescription would arrive August 5, 2019 & that I had done everything necessary for the prescription to be filled. Meanwhile, I had to get an emergency fill. August 5th came -- no prescription. Instead a letter came, instructing me to order the medication online. This was the first information I had received about the online site. I immediately went online and ordered it. The website said that it would be a couple of weeks before medication arrived. Since I was again out of medication, I called OptumRx. Of course the staff had no idea about why I was previously told that everything necessary had been done. As a "courtesy to me", she expedited the refill so it will arrive no later than August 13th. Worst experience I've had with a mail-order pharmacy. I am searching for new insurance that does not use OptumRx.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

OptumRx lost all my Scripts. Terrible Company to deal with even for the Doctors. The customer Reps are clueless when asked questions that aren't common. Their Web Site is confusing and I believe it was designed to be just that way.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

OptumRx doesn't train people and does not follow through with any of its promises. While the problems are too numerous to outline here, my last two issues -- which took hours of my time to resolve are emblematic.

1. I travel a lot and specifically asked Optum to send the prescription to my beach home (which they have done in the past). The agent confirmed. The Rx was sent to another location 2,500 miles away. They first said it was a delivery service error. After investigation, they admitted it was a customer service agent error. Wow! They refunded me the co-pay for my hours on the phone.

2. I have been trying to get a maintenance medication Rx filled for nearly a year. Even though it is now generic, Optum tries NOT to fill the Rx. First, they called my doctor's office to get a pre-authorization. My doctor's office did that -- and without further inquiry from me called me to tell me that they got the pre-authorization. Then, I get an email from Optum telling me my doctor's office is not responding -- obviously, a boldface LIE! After 1.5 hours on the phone, calls to my doctor's office and conferencing with pharmacist, I learned that the pharmacy needed an updated Rx from the doctor. Not a problem -- EXCEPT OPTUMRX NEVER ASKED for the updated Rx either from me or my doctor. This "hidden" agenda by OptumRx -- with "cover your butt" emails claiming other people are not doing things -- is a pattern of actions by OptumRx NOT to spend the money to fill Rx.

Too bad I'm tied into them because of Anthem Blue Cross!!! Optum Rx is nothing less than disreputable.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Horrible company. Horrible customer service if you can understand them. They never can get the job done. I get an answer like, "I don't know," and it when they claim they're going to expedite you a prescription that they might have forgot or screwed up on expedite to them is 10 days minimum whereas my other company will overnight it to you generously. I could go on forever however looking at all the reviews with one star or less I think others will understand there has to be an issue.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have been dealing with OptumRx for 3 months because AARP MedicareComplete uses them. The people who answer the phone give inaccurate information. I had to call 10x a few weeks ago because each person could not answer my question. I finally spoke with a supervisor who said she will research and call me back. She has NOT called back. I will complain to AARP do they can be dumped. Yesterday I received a 90 day mail order medication and it was crushed, totally destroyed. I called ORx yesterday and the guy said to just go into any local pharmacy and tell them it has an override and it will be free. Well, that is not accurate. I have been hassling all day with local pharmacy and OptumRx. I have spoken with 4 more people in ORx. All giving me the wrong information. I finally spoke with a pharmacy at OptumRx (because I called AARP and they intervened). The pharmacist said they will call my local pharmacist in a few hours. I am still waiting.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Be very careful if you call to sign up for mail order prescriptions. I've had two bad experiences with this company. The first was about one year ago when I called to inquire about their service. The man told me how the mail order works and I said that I would think it over and call back if interested but I wasn't going to make a decision at that time. Well two days later I received a bag filled with several bottles of pills in the mail. I called and spoke to a supervisor and he apologized and told me to send back the pills which I did.

So yesterday I decided to inquire again about the mail order service and spoke to a woman about it and after she told me what my co-pay would be, which really wasn't much, I decided to stay with my pharmacy and she said that's fine and call back if I ever want to use their service. A short time later I received an email saying that my order had been approved for five prescriptions and I was furious! I called back and a man said not to worry that my order had been cancelled which turned out to be false because this morning I got another email saying that the order had gone to my doctor and they would be handling my order from now on, unbelievable! So another to to OptumRx and this time I spoke to a supervisor and she assured me the order would be cancelled but what a hassle. I would be very careful if I were you dealing with these people. I will never order anything from that group ever again!

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information