formerly Prescription Solutions

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

OptumRx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

We have had nothing but positive experiences with OptumRx thus far. Prescriptions are arriving on time. They even called us to let us know we did not have to call back for meds that would be able to be filled at a later date as they would be set to auto refill. They have seemed very knowledgeable and have answered all our questions. They were also very nice to talk with over the phone.

Our doctor is used to approving prescriptions for OptumRx from his other patients and approved it right away, so maybe that is why some reviews are so negative if their doctors did not approve quickly, or maybe OptumRx has improved recently based on negative feedback. We almost cancelled after reading all the negative reviews but are glad we did not because now my mother can get her meds for free and also delivered. I hope they continue to provide us with the same great service as they have been. They even told us when the delivery was shipped and when it should arrive and thus far have been correct.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I notice that a lot of complaints are about ordering over the phone, I do all of my ordering online without ever having a problem. I had to call up once to order and it took a couple of minutes, however I have had a couple of problems with other thing. My advice, ORDER ONLINE.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

The worst. Period. Independence Blue Cross in Philadelphia forces you to use Future Scripts for mail order pharmacy which forces you to use Optum RX which forces you to put up with total incompetence. I enjoy getting emails telling me my drug is out of stock, you must call immediately, and not being able to speak to a human being .... and when you do wait 60 minutes and get a human, they put you back on hold to avoid the problem with your drug. It's criminal. I don't know what to do, except go back to a traditional 30 day, pickup pharmacy which costs my insurance company more money, me more time.... all because of this awful company call OptumRx.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Every time my Dr sends in a prescription or I call to get refills at my pharmacy they are told they need a PA. Even though I've been on the medicine for years.

They are now denying my breathing meds because they don't feel that I need what is prescribed & that the Dr should try other medicine. Which by the way we've already tried. I have severe COPD & I need my medicine just like I need all of my maintenance medicines but they continue to deny me. Makes me wonder if they just don't care. What's going to happen is I'm going to end up in the er with withdrawals from pain meds that I've been on for over 15 years for degenerative disc disease from 6 back surgeries. Plus my body will start shutting down because they won't refill my thyroid medicine. If they are going to play God with people's lives they best be prepared to be sued by family members.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Nine out of ten times I call, they give me some ridiculous reason why my medication can’t be filled. Today the reason was that I hadn’t opted out of Home Delivery. When I told her I don’t think that’s the case, she rambled on about Home Delivery. They always create more confusion than is necessary. I’ve called with the same issue multiple times, and each person will give me a different ridiculous reason. ONE time I was able to talk to someone who actually helped me and was logical. He was flabbergasted by his coworkers giving me the run around for something really simple. Optum should seriously pay us for the hours we spend untangling their mess.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I was much happier with my local pharmacy. These guys are slow to ship and cancel vital prescriptions, always with the same excuse "they couldn't reach my doctor" (they don't even try). This is my life - they just DO NOT CARE!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

OptumRx is the most incompetent group of pharmacy benefit managers that I've ever experienced. Issues take a minimum of 4 calls and 2 hours to sort out. Additionally, their phone service reps are completely clueless of my benefits and my account status. They will blame anyone and everyone including United Healthcare and my own doctor to get me to go away. They either lie about how my benefits work or transfer me to dead line. I can't even leave a rating for their service at the end of the call - they'll either drop the call so that I don't rate them or transfer me until the call times out.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

My experience with Optum Rx was initially fine when we only used private insurance; however, once my son received Medicare due to a kidney transplant, the service has been terrible. They are not knowledgeable in how to process claims using Medicare as secondary. The average phone time I spend to refill the transplant medications is approximately 1 1/2 hours per month. Optum RX owed me a refund due to overpayment. I spent approximately 18 hours total of phone time over 11 months before I received my refund. I have had one customer service rep yell at me. I've had one lie to me multiple times stating that Optum submitted claims to Medicare and that Medicare denied the claim. The claims had not ever been submitted to Medicare per medicare and per a different OptumRx rep.

I have had promises for OptumRx to research my account and call me back; however, I have never received a return call from Optum. I have requested to speak to supervisors and then to the managers of supervisors. These leadership positions never call me back. If the customer service reps sense that I am not pleased with the service that I receive, then I am disconnected at the end of the call before I am able to complete the satisfaction survey. I continuously speak to Optum customer reps who apologize for the experience that I've had; however, there has not been one customer service rep who has fulfilled promises made to me...even the ones who state they they understand my frustration.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Optumrx charged us and took 732.00 out of our bank for medicine we never received. We have tried unsuccessfully for 2 weeks as of today and they keep telling us one lie after another about giving us our money back. We have been on hold-disconnected and told a variety of conflicting info as to our money being given back to us. This Company and United Healthcare has been horrible to communicate with and the hardship they have caused us is devastating. They don't care about how the mistake they made has put us in dire straights. We no recourse but to give up on getting our money back, they should be prosecuted for the evil and illegal act they have done to us. No food, utilities shut off and a nightmare. I pray God puts them and United Healthcare out of business forever and ever.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I have had OptumRx since I retired about two years. Mail order is great and medication comes quickly, but customer service is horrible. Two days in a row I spoke to a representative and the first time I thought it was me. The representatives both days were rude, sarcastic, hateful, hmm I'll let that sit there. I don't know if they're trained to be ignorant and rude or just the pervasive attitude of the land. I hope I never have to call them again.

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information