3.14/5

formerly Prescription Solutions

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

1658 OptumRx Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

OptumRX constantly refuses to cover my husband's and my medications. I'm fed up with their prior authorization crap. My husband was scheduled for surgery and Optum RX denied the script the DR had written for after the surgery. The DR almost canceled the surgery at the last minute because the script was absolutely necessary. I don't know where they get off thinking they know my medical needs and my husband's medical needs better than our actual Dr's.

I hate this company. I have hated them from Day one. They have cause most of my coworkers the same problems and I sincerely hope that they go under very soon. They don't care about the real actual needs of the people that pay them. I once went without eating almost a week because they decided I was cured of severe chronic IBS and they refused to cover my **. Almost ended up in the hospital because of their bs. They lie too. They claimed they didn't get fax from my Dr 5 times in a row. Trying to not pay for something. But someone slipped up and admitted they got it the first time and just didn't process it because they didn't think it was that urgent. Optum Rx needs to go out of business. Soon.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Optumrx, particularly for ophthalmologic meds has become a sick joke. Thanks Tina friendly pharmacist I learned I can purchase drops such as ** for less than the co pay if I run the Rx thru Optumrx $9.95 vs a co pay of.33.00!!!! Communications are non existent. Don't ever try to explain or have you MD repeatedly fax a next Rx with a dose change. If you started on a 1xday regimen and your Md changed to 2x a day this is a concept beyond Optumrx's comprehension. It took cumulative total of LITERALLY my making numerous calls totaling 4 hours over 2 weeks, 3 faxes by MD to accomplish this. I BEGGED record for training purposes. I’ve always been an advocate of hiring the handicapped, just train them OptumRx before putting them on the phone.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I became a new customer of OptumRx earlier this month when I signed up for Medicare. Trying to get my three prescriptions through them has been an utter fiasco. The customer service reps I've had to deal with are clearly in a foreign country and are hard to understand. I had to continually ask them to repeat themselves. One of my prescriptions has run out and I still haven't received the first order that I placed weeks ago. I don't remember ever dealing with such an incompetent company. I cancelled my account today after learning they still haven't shipped my first order.

Original review: July 29, 2019

OptumRX decided I don't need the medication my doctor prescribed. They completely suck!!!! They should be denied my money. I pay thousands of dollars on insurance and they can't pay for a prescription that really wasn't that much!!!! They suck!!! They call and pester you and want you to give information over the phone and you have no way to verify it's a legit call.

Original review: July 29, 2019

New to an insurance who feels these people are a worthwhile pharmacy. You all know that means they are cheap, and cut corners, thus increasing the insurance companies' bottom line. Optum has sent my Rx to the Specialty Ed pharmacy Briova. Or as my phone knows them "Spam Likely". Optum provided me with a letter of my approval for this admittedly expensive drug, and attached to it was a letter stating I could get this filled at the pharmacy of my choice. Which seems to be true, as long as the Mafia owned Briova pharmacy is my pharmacy of choice. About to do the Medicare Part D thing, hopefully the US Government won't give me as much gas as Optum, and their crime syndicate have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: July 27, 2019

If I could do zero stars now would be that time. I called in on the day my meds when due for delivery only to be told the my order was cancelled on the 19th when I spoke with someone to verify my address on the 23rd. That same person that told me my medicine would be to me by the 27th. I will just go back to my local pharmacy because of course the young lady could see my order sent from the doctor and were my order was cancelled but not that I spoke with someone. I work in insurance and know that members accounts are supposed to be noted each time.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Previously used Walgreens' mail order - awesome service. This is my 1st month with Optum United Healthcare. Sent them Rx end of June for July 1st. Today is July 25th no Rxs. Reckless and dangerous to people's health care needs. Probably the worst I have ever dealt with. I just want my prescriptions back so I can get them filled. When I call I get a different answer every time.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Your phone service needs help. I am a longtime over-the-phone customer. I tried to get a price on an over-the-counter lotion suggested by my doctor and was transferred 3 times to the pharmacy. 1. They had "no record" of me, 2. They could not give me a price, then 3. after waiting 5 minutes, they hung up. Next call I agreed to a survey after calling, then got another person with a heavy accent who told me they did not carry that lotion, but he was pleasant. I wait 7 minutes for the survey questions and finally gave up and hung up. I have only one prescription left with OptumRx and when that ends, I will not use your services again. You hire people with heavy accents and it becomes a trial to order from you. June **

Original review: July 24, 2019

My company recently switched from Express Scripts to this OptumRx. My daughter's prescription went from $50 a month under Express Scripts to over $800 a month with OptumRx. There was no other change in our medical plan other than this new pharmacy. Needless to say I cannot afford my daughter's medications which means I can no longer afford to work for this company since this must obviously save them money but it's costing me and my family dearly. How OptumRx can charge so much more than any other company is absolutely sickening.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I have never had such a bad, uninformative, experience with any kind of customer service, much less a delicate thing like health care, where people’s lives are on the line. This lack of information is careless and dangerous!!! United Healthcare should be wary of working with OptumRx because it diminishes their own well earned reputation. I have had United Healthcare for 6 years and have used the same medication for that same lifesaving drug all this time. One of my medications suddenly required previous authorization from my doctor.

OptumRx gave the wrong information to my doctor, created confusion in what should be a straightforward process and when I called to ask what steps needed to be taken to solve the issue, the person was careless and gave me no information. I eventually called United Healthcare and the person there was able to give me the information quickly, clearly and politely. It was the same information the OptumRx customer service person had on their screen, but for some bizarre reason did give me. Without this medication I can potentially die and the person on the other side of the phone did not have the courtesy to give me basic information of next steps they could see on their computer screen. They only said the medication is in process and will take 12 hours to 5 days. That was incorrect.

I had already waited over a month, nobody told me or my doctor that anything else was needed. More alarmingly what the screen showed the person in the phone was that the meds still needed prior authorization. When doc called the person on the phone the person at OptumRx made a mistake and said it was a pre-approved drug (although it was not because I have to take the brand name, I do not respond to the generic). The confusion almost left me without my medication. My pharmacy and doc had to call multiple times to clear up the mess OptumRx made. They are the worst system I have ever had to work with.

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information