4.0/5 (318 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe offers a wide selection of supplements, protein, beauty products and more at over 780 stores nationwide. Consumers can also shop online and choose from many top brands, including Vitamin Shoppe’s own store brands. Frequent shoppers can earn points through the company’s rewards program.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Vitamin Shoppe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin Shoppe?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin Shoppe?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I received an email from the Vitamin Shoppe saying my order was returned and they were processing my refund. I found this interesting because I never received the vitamins and didn't request the refund. I checked my order on the website and found it never shipped even though it was given a tracking number. When I checked my credit card, I found two fraudulent "tester" charges to a florist in Ohio. When I contacted the Vitamin Shoppe, I was told the return was processed because my address is undeliverable.

I told them this was interesting being I had been receiving auto deliveries from them for the past several months and had just received on two days prior. I told them about the fraudulent use of my credit card and told them I suspected their employee had to process the return to get my complete credit card information. I suspected their employee because the charges on my credit card occurred within an hour of the email I received saying my vitamins had been returned. I have not had a problem on this credit card until this shady incident occurred. Coincidence? I think not.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Previously ordered my vitamins and supplements thru their manufacturers, or at Amazon. But I recently ran out of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar; went out to Bragg's website and saw they had a new flavor: ACV w/ The Mother, & with Organic Honey! Sounded intriguing, so I ran a search on who, locally, carried that specific flavor, and Vitamin Shoppe had it In-Stock! I went to that store and I "KNEW" it would be more expensive w/the Honey, but when I saw the List Price of $14.99/qt. I bought one immediately! When I opened it and tried it, I thought the added Honey made the straight ACV more palatable, but use it mixed w/Straight Seltzer Water or Club Soda... quite REFRESHING!??

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

They have great products, big selection and they ship very fast. I think they are great and their customer support is amazing. When I didn't received my package on time they refund me and sent me a new package.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

The Vitamin Shoppe is a great way to find and get the different vitamins you seek and even new ones you never heard of. I only wish the rewards system was much better and that they offered more often deals for free shipping. Maybe if they could add a feature of chat or Q&A to find the type of vitamins you're looking for especially if you want something new. Other than that there aren't many vitamin stores to choose from only so this is one I would probably continue to use among the few.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Vitamin Shoppe always has the products I need, with a large variety of brands and options. The staff are always friendly and helpful, from finding an item to answering questions about products and making recommendations, they always take the time to understand me and my needs. I highly recommend Vitamin Shoppe Online or in person! They’re great!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

This online company is fairly good in most areas. I have used them several times with no major complaints. The products are reasonably priced and delivery is always within the anticipated delivery. I don’t have any complaints about their service or product and would recommend to family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I don’t purchase as many vitamins as I usually plan to but my go to is either CVS, Vitamin Shoppe, or in a pinch Ralph’s. I would like to learn more about vitamins and Vitamin Shoppe always seems knowledgeable. Luckily they’re down the block from where I reside as well.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Great deals always..I keep finding some coupons online too and I never had to search too much for any item. Very well organized. Good customer service. I highly recommend this store to anyone who may be looking to buy any medications.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Fairly well run stores with good customer service and excellent products but a bit pricey in some areas. Clean eye appealing stores and labeled shelves to easily find what you need. Employees are friendly and very helpful.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Online ordering is simple, managing the repeat order process is very flexible. Shipping could be faster on repeat orders. Sales and incentives like buy one get one 50% off are helpful for frequently purchased items.

Resolution response: Aug. 27, 2020

Well, here it is, two days after they said the rest of my regular monthly 6 out of 7 products would be delivered, which then was 16 days after I placed my order. So now it is 18 days after my order, and the update is that my products are due now on the 31st, which is another 4 days from this update, or 22 days after my order. According to another reviewer, when they tried to cancel at a time similar to this, Vitamin Shoppe told them since the product was already shipped, they would now be unable to cancel and the customer would have to go through the hassle of returning the items. Related, there is no way to track the actual progress, they only tell you that you will receive another update when one is available.

A correction; Vitamin Shoppe was glad to take my ORDER, but they don't actually take my money until the item is delivered. This sounds fair, until you know the above regarding mine and others experience of how they handle shipping/notifications/returns, etc.

The point is, this is HORRIBLE online and customer service, and is still a Bait-and-Switch game in my book, regardless of when they take the actual funds. The point is I took my time and effort to order and offer payment information, and now I am in limbo, with no product (that I REALLY NEEDED WHEN I ORDERED IT), so now I am stuck with bad/inconvenient/expensive/choices, and even then, based on how they handle things, no guarantee of a good outcome at this point. Here's another bad choice; ordering from Vitamin Shoppe online!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I typically spend around $100/month at VS. I discontinued "Auto Ship" because deliveries/inventory were anything but dependable, causing more thought, effort and record-keeping than not, defeating the whole purpose of "Auto Ship." Recently I was too ill to go to the store before a 20% coupon expired so I ordered online. Same old' story; they gladly took my money, all items listed "In Stock," I have only received one of six products 12 days later, and now IF (a big "if") their shipping update is correct, I will receive the rest of my products a full 16 days after order. I'm not holding my breath. This is, IMO, practically a criminal issue. I WILL NEVER buy VS online, EVER AGAIN, and have already started researching where else I can go for my monthly supplement needs, in town and online!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

They have good prices and all products are usually always in stock!!! This goes for ordering online and in store purchases. And I love the buy one get one at 50% off!!! And orders over $25.00 get free shipping.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Health stores are one of those places where it's easy to get lost looking for an item. Immediately upon entry, I was greeted by Andrew; who escorted me directly to the product I was seeking. After having to experience the online-only order fulfillment delays over the past few months, it was a huge relief to be able to get in and out of a store in a timely manner. Additionally, Andrew's friendly disposition was greatly appreciated.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I submitted an order on 5/13/2020 at approximately 13:32 (1:32PM) EST (this is the time I received the confirmation email stating that they received my order). Then, on 5/15/2020 at approximately 23:18 (11:18PM) EST, I made another order (again, that time is when I received the confirmation email). About 2 weeks goes by, and I email customer care inquiring where my order is, because it still says "processing". I get an email back stating that my orders had been cancelled due to "not passing the verification process" (it was my card, my name is just written different ways so I put the wrong one I guess).

I inquire back and ask why I wasn't sent any email notifications that my orders were cancelled. I was told that they were sent on 5/13/2020 at 11:51AM EST (approximately 2 hours prior to my placing the order) and 5/15/2020 at 9:51PM EST (again, approximately 2 hours prior to my placing the order). I was NEVER sent these emails (I checked several times, even in my spam folder) and telling me they were sent at those times EST is a blatant lie. Never ordering from them again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have been buying iron pills {non constipating} from the Vitamin Shoppe for a couple of years. They are hard to find. Well a couple of months ago they started changing their yellow and green bottles to cheaper looking blue and white bottles.The clerk assured me they were the same pills just a new label. They are not the same. First they smell really bad, a strong mineral smell and second they taste so bad, can't get the taste out of your mouth with water. My husband and I were both gagging. Never had this taste with a pill. So I went back to the store to see what else they had, I even brought the smelly pills and the clerk acted like a know-it-all. Said there was nothing wrong with the pills and he takes them and that's what they smell like. Wouldn't listen when I said they never smelled and tasted like this before. Oh well I left and won't be back. This is the second time I had this guy as a clerk and I am done with his rudeness. GOOD BYE VITAMIN SHOPPE!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I have a bad cold and t so I took their vitamin c complex even 50,000 mgs over a 4 day but it genetically modified crap! Long as the vitamin c complex is worthless so I will be getting my vitamins from a reliable vitamin store. Your vitamins cannot be high quality as they are all GMOs. A real vitamin c strips the coating off the parasites so the killer cells can see them and attack them but with GMOs a make-believe vitamin this cannot happen. So shame on you!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I bought protein powder when I was going to use my rewards points. The cashier didn't explain that I couldn't use my points and the discount coupon if not until I made the transaction.the rough workers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Do not ever buy anything online from Vitamin Shoppe. They are the literal worst. They have things listed in stock and should ship in a week. Then it’s not ready to be shipped with multiple new “ship” dates stringing you along for months until they just up and cancel your entire order. The worst run online store in existence, worst customer service. I bought supposed in stock items on 9/30/19 and six ship date pushbacks later they completely canceled on 11/14/19.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

The price matching policy is very deceptive and the employees are rude. I went in to purchase a item. While there I noticed it was on sale at Amazon. I was told they would not match it seeing it wasn't by Amazon. But looking at their policy they dont match Prime items and but they price match items shipped and sold by Amazon which would make it Prime. So they're wording should just say we dont price match Amazon. When bring this up I had the employee smirk and roll his eyes at me. No wonder this store is always empty. I will never go back. I will go elsewhere for my kids vitamins.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I want to compliment both the manager and assistant manager, Jackie, who are always professional, kind, courteous, and very customer service. The store is clean and well-stocked and the staff always available for any questions...

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I've been a long long-time consumer and reward member for 10 years, yet they consistently have a problem updating my personal information, in-store. 3 years ago, I moved out of state and have continued shipping at the Vitamin Shoppe and when they started the auto delivery, I signed on. Naturally, the female employee confirmed my shipping address and I made here aware of my new one. She assured the info was now updated, yet I receive a charge and delivery to my old state address two times in a row. I'm currently awaiting their response for refunds or I'm done with them. Update to come.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I ordered a product online from them. I came to pick it up and it was already in a bag. Thinking nothing of it, I took it home with me. Later on, I found someone had opened the package from the side and removed one third of the supplements I paid for. I called their customer service and was told I would be given a refund. The refund never came and the email promised explaining the situation never materialized either. I called back again only to get the runaround and brush offs from another customer service rep. This one told me to go to the store. I gave up. I lost about twenty bucks, but at least I know not to deal with them ever again. Very dishonest business model. I don't think they actually care about customer service. Looking back at it now it has the hallmarks and feel of a hustle.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Ordered 4 cases of Isopure. 3 were damaged in shipping as packing was bad and the glass bottles broke. One never left Phoenix, Arizona and no one could explain to me why. I then received 2 replacements before 2 of the original order were shipped or received! No one could explain that one either. Then I get a box with one flavor - that only had 9 bottles (there was supposed to be 12). No one could explain that. After numerous go arounds, I am firmly convinced that this company has NO customer service. When I voiced my displeasure, the only response I received that it was my prerogative not to be a customer of the Vitamin Shoppe. Consider it done.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I placed an order when they had a sale. They canceled it because I only ordered sale items. Now I see why they have so many bad reviews. I on hold now trying to speak with a supervisor to figure out this issue.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

So I placed an order in the store, they said I would get it in 3-5 days, didn't happen so I called customer service to cancel it. I got the reps name as Kim, she said she would cancel it and I would get a refund in 24-48 hours. Didn't happen, so I called today and found out it was never canceled and I am receiving it today. So I have to go to the store and return it. What a headache when it couldn't have been avoided if Kim did what she said she would. I will never deal with them again. This has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My son, J., has multiple disabilities, including Down Syndrome and autism. He lives in a group home and participates in a prescribed, targeted nutritional program (TNI) which helps damp down the neurodegenerative effects of Down Syndrome and autism. One component of his TNI is Carlson Very Finest Omega 3 fish oil. Well, my son ran out of fish oil and I was out of town. I was confused by the Vitamin Shoppe's website, which describes the store as being in Cortland, New York, way up north. The closest Vitamin Shoppe to my son's group home is in Cortlandt Manor, New York. Associates at the Cortlandt Manor store assured me I could order online and payment would go to the right store. That worked out, and I appreciated that the website even sent me emails to let me know exactly what time the order was processed.

Then, I also had a specific request, that the fish oil, which was ordered in my name, on my credit card, could be picked up by any staff member who came in and asked for "fish oil for the house," whether they remembered to use my name or not. The associates on the afternoon shift passed along these specific instructions to the evening shift and when a staff member from the group home came in and asked for "fish oil for the house," it was given to them, no problem. My son is nonverbal and can't ask for the supplements himself, but Vitamin Shoppe associates were so helpful.

These supplements really help Joe to be alert and focused and greatly improves his cognition and quality of life. We want our son to have the independence he desires, to be away from home like his brother and sister who are also in their twenties. But for J., that means relying on staff at the group home and day program to meet his needs. Knowing there is a Vitamin Shoppe close by his group home with kind, caring associates to help J. get his supplements is a real blessing.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

If I could rate lower than one star, I would. I ordered six cases of Bang Energy. Received two tracking orders, when I had six cases. All coming in at different times. Cases were missing. Tracking numbers weren’t given on four cases. Customer Service reps went back and forth emailing me. Some saying they would refund the horribly damaged case they sent me, another offering me a 10% discount code for the inconvenience. As if the customer’s satisfaction and money is a joke. And I still, have yet, to receive my last two cases. Just order from a website like BodyBuilding.com, and COMPLETELY AVOID THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

10% off retail, free shipping & samples w/ auto delivery? NOPE! Invoices don't show breakdown of charges, no $ amounts given. Wait for bank statement to see how much they charged. No free shipping, no samples, & cost more than in store. No refunds on overcharges. Don't sign up.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My experience is just like the countless others listed on here. I ordered online for a product. Was charged 1.5 times more than the cost of the item. When I call to fix the problem, they blame the bank and repeat the same thing to me over and over again. Not at all helpful. Needless to add your bank could care less if you have a problem with another company. They do nothing anyway...but we already knew that. Yes...like the others... Will never shop at Vitamin Shoppe again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I had to call in regarding my healthy awards points that I have never been able to redeem although online, they were connected to my Spark auto delivery account. The rep DeSondria was AWESOMELY HELPFUL and patient while she looked through my account and found that my awards had in fact never been redeemed for the almost 2 years I've been on auto delivery! She apologized and said as a courtesy she'd go ahead and refund me the $5 rewards I'd acquired during the year (4 in all) back to my account and said I'd be able to use my next award with no problem! She was very pleasant and never once sounded annoyed like so many other customer service reps I've talked to! Thank you!

Vitamin Shoppe Company Information