Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.35/5

Tiffany & Co. Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Scared of getting ripped off? Don’t want to waste your money? Don't purchase jewelry from Tiffany.co.uk. I spent £3000 on a band of hearts Diamond ring for my wedding in 2014. The ring was placed on my finger for the first time on 3 May 2014. After a year of wearing the ring, I noticed that one of the diamond was slightly raised. We took the ring to a Tiffany store and had someone take a look. The ring was inspected at the store and we were told that the ring was fine and the diamonds would never fall out as they were placed correctly in position.

The ring has always been covered with gloves when carrying out any nursing tasks at my place of work and removed when washing hands along with my engagement ring. However, my engagement ring that was purchased from HM Samuel for £2600 in 2012 remains in perfect condition with all stones perfectly in place, but my Tiffany wedding ring has distorted in shape and approx 5 diamonds have fallen out. Tiffany customer services state that I should have taken the ring in for inspection every year for a service. Why was I not informed about this at the time of purchase? Or when I took the ring into the store to be inspected when I noticed that one of the diamonds was slightly raised? The lovely blue box the ring arrived in may have been good quality but the ring itself definitely was not!! A wedding ring should be expected to last more than 4 years.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have a silver flask from Tiffany. It cost $2000. It leaked from the day I got it. It leaked all over the top of my custom made wooden bar in my basement. I had to have the top of the bar refinished. I took the item to Tiffany where the Customer Service representative was very polite and took my flask. Three weeks later they told me they would not fix it unless I gave them $156. Pretty poor response since it was a defective product. The customer service team was rather surely in their responses to me. I guess I will shop at David Yurman from now on.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

My husband purchased a Baume Mercier gold watch for me 16 years ago. At that time I was told it came with a lifetime of free watch batteries. Today I was told the company changed its policy 9 months ago and even though they have the tools and batteries, they would not change it. I am very disappointed with Tiffany and Co and will never buy anymore jewelry from them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I sent my Tiffany Atlas watch to have the battery replaced, it was suppose to take 10 days. After 3 weeks and me calling them they told me the following repairs needed to be made: The oil in the watch had dried out and it needed a new movement and a gasket replaced as well as the battery. It also needed a new watch band. For this they wanted to charge $750.00. I told them to send it back and not do the repairs and took it to our local watch repair. My watch needed a new battery and band, they charged me $34.00. I told him what Tiffany's said: First off the oil does not dry out, the system is sealed and the oil lasts for life. He said the condition of my watch was great! He said and I agree it's a shame when a famous maker does these kinds of things. Well it's a big advertising budget and store overhead that Tiffany's has, guess they have to make their overhead somehow. Will not buy any Tiffany product again!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I took in my bracelet to be cleaned and was given the wrong one. I noticed it and said something. I was then given my bracelet. Not so. A couple months went by and notice it was tarnished so I took it in for another cleaning. When I picked it up I was told it wasn’t a Tiffany’s. So where’s my bracelet? They gave me a fake in return. This is a piece that was bought back in 97/98. It was a gift and the person is no longer here with us. So I was told sorry nothing can be done cause this person isn’t in their system and neither am I. Not so happy person and sorry Tiffany you just lost a customer. Really? Shame on you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I bought a pair of wedding band and the salesperson told me that could be possible to refund of it if I'd have some problem in case of not receive a "yes" as answer. But it is not true it Because I've tried this refund and the Service Customer Support send me an e-mail with a bad answer and being impolite. I love the brand but I will not be customer anymore, because it was an embarrassing situation. Mainly regarding the support and sales rules in Brazil. No more comments about it, to add... I did not receive my invoice yet.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I bought my daughters identical Tiffany necklaces while on our Disney Cruise. Both necklaces had defective clasps. I took them into our local store to have the clasp replaced and customer service told me I would have to pay for the repairs since it was caused by user damage. I asked how both necklaces could have the identical problem a few days after purchase and the customer service rep told me I shouldn't be buying Tiffany necklaces for girls under ten years old.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I have a Tiffany's diamond solitaire engagement ring with a harmony band. This was the first time I brought it in to be serviced since I got it two years ago because I don't wear it very often. When I went to pick it up, I opened the box to look at it, but put the box in my purse without trying it on. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I planned to wear it and it didn't fit. At first, I thought they had sized it by mistake, but decided to check the serial number on the band to make sure it was mine. When I did, I realized that they had given me the wrong ring.

I brought the ring back to the store and asked to speak with a manager. I explained what had happened and she went back to check their system and figure out whose ring I had and locate my ring. A half hour later, she came back and said they had sent my ring to a customer in New Jersey by mistake. I was extremely upset, to say the least. The assistant manager said the rings were most likely swapped during intake (they were received on the same day) and they were going to call the couple that they think had my ring. She gave me her cell number and business card, but I had to specifically ask for documentation to show that I had brought the ring in and that they had given me the wrong ring to ensure they were taking responsibility for it. When she printed out the documents, my address was had been incorrectly entered into their system, so I had to request the fix that, as well.

The assistant manager emailed me the next day to tell me that they had delivered the ring I had brought in back to the couple and had retrieved what they believed to be my ring, but the courier got a flat tire on the way back to NYC so they couldn't verify if the ring was mine yet. The following day, I got an email confirming the serial number on the band of my ring and that they would deliver it to me. Again, I had to specifically ask if they confirmed the serial number on the diamond itself to make sure it was mine and hadn't been replaced with something else. They had to go back and do another quality check. I also had to ask if they had serviced and cleaned it again since the other couple didn't realize they had the wrong ring and had probably been wearing it this whole time.

By this point, I was irate by the fact that I had to continue doing their job for them every step of the way. Not only had I brought my ring in to be cleaned and it was sent to someone else, my address was incorrect in their system, they weren't proactive about checking the serial number on the band AND diamond, and I had to ask them specifically to make sure the ring was serviced since someone else had probably been wearing it this whole time.

At that point, the assistant manager finally realized it would be appropriate to offer more than just returning my ring, which shouldn't have been lost in the first place. In her email, she offered my husband and I a reservation at Tiffany Blue Box cafe and to replace the setting on my ring so I knew nobody else had ever worn it. I didn't want the setting replaced (for sentimental reasons) and really had no interest in going to their cafe. She asked if I had any suggestions on how they could do to make it up to me, so I shared the link to a small Tiffany's key necklace that my husband said he was planning to get me for our anniversary. Since they were willing to replace my platinum setting, this seemed like a fair trade. She replied to say they can't gift jewelry, even in the most extreme cases, but that she took the liberty of picking out a small gift for me, which would be included with my ring when it was delivered.

When they scheduled the courier to deliver my ring, I asked specifically that they contact me directly so I could sign for it and not the front desk of my building. The management in my building is really great, but I just didn't want any other potential mixups to occur. Not surprising at this point, they still had my address wrong when the courier delivered my ring today. The unit number was someone else's unit, not mine. Thankfully, the front desk employees knew that it was incorrect and wrote the right unit number on it so they notified me right away, but my ring could have easily been given to the wrong tenant in my building.

The "gift" I received was a small dish (I assume to put your ring on when you wash your hands) or cup holder - I really don't know. But I really feel like it was a slap in the face for the horrible experience I've had dealing with Tiffany's and their lack of attention to detail. When my husband and I decided to buy the ring from them, it was for the high quality products and services they stand for. If this is what the Tiffany's experience has turned into, I'll never be buying from them again.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I purchased one of these bracelets a few weeks ago at the Miami Design District. I am a repeat customer for years now. Unfortunately, unlike in Cartier, there is always a new salesperson to assist you and no continuity. After I bought the bracelet, I second guessed myself if I should have bought the medium size (same money) instead of the large. I only wore that day. We went out of the country and when I returned, I took it back to the store (two weeks span). I was greeted by a very rude saleswoman who unfortunately I did not get her name, and before I could explained myself (I just wanted to try the medium to determine which one was a better fit for me) she looked at me and told me the bracelet was bent and could not exchange it.

My husband and I looked at her with disbelief... What are you talking lady? I only wore this once and where is it bent? I then asked her I wanted to try a medium one to what she replied she had none! We could see them all in display. Then she went on tell the Director Ms. Audrey ** and in the meantime, after I insisted on trying the medium one, she finally reached out and showed me a medium to what she said it was too small (Not). Then the director comes out and tells me the same thing, that bracelet was bent and in no resalable condition. Again we asked where is it bend? And how a brand new bracelet that cost $2,000 could bend in one wear? And if it was bent, then it was sold to me like that. She had no answers.

By the way, I had to bring in the "Tiffany" bracelet in a Cartier pouch since they only give you an extremely small blue box to keep your jewelry. I took my bracelet back and promised not to ever set foot in that store ever again. Their loss, my next purchase was going to be a Tiffany T bracelet, but I guess I'm better off giving my business to Cartier where they DO Know how to treat a paying customer.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I would like to give feedback on the new store in Cincinnati, Ohio at the Kenwood Towne Center. I have been to many of your stores across the US and purchased many items for my wife. I have never seen such a poorly run store in my life. I would recommend someone observe how these people treat your customers. I have been multiple times for purchases and repairs and my experience has been poor each time. One person stands out as the worst. There is a tall older man with white hair that is so bad I will not return to this store ever and I probably not shop the brand anymore. He may be a manager, but I find him condescending and rude. The first time we had him, we could tell he was watching the door as he waited on us. Once he found out I was looking for less than $700, I couldn’t get his attention.

Once he saw a new customer walk in (who was dressed very fancy) he actually walked away and had someone else wait on us. He only came back to ring us out and make sure he got his commission. The young lady who took over for him was obviously embarrassed and tried her best to smile. I'm sure she realized she was not getting any commission on her time while he took the new customer. Besides him, I have had many pieces cleaned and repaired. I have NEVER received one call back letting me know the jewelry was ready. After I complained I was told I just have to stop up to see if they are in since no one answers the phone during the day. This place is dismal to say the least. I know you are proud of the brand and that it stands for quality. This store is damaging that brand every day it is open.

Tiffany & Co. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Headquartered in New York, Tiffany & Co. is a company that sells luxury jewelry, fragrances, accessories, watches and leather goods. While known for outstanding products, Tiffany is particularly well-known for offering stunning and high-quality diamond jewelry.

• Legacy: The company was founded in 1837 and is considered one of the most outstanding luxury brands ever created. They have great brand recognition, which comes from their timeless logo and their signature blue box.

• Free return shipping: Returning jewelry to Tiffany is always free, and the company lets customers return pieces by mail at no cost.

• Wedding and gift registry: Customers can take advantage of a simple online wedding and gift registry where they can register for gifts they want to receive, making shopping easier for gift givers.

• Diamond experts: The company has a large number of diamond experts on staff to help customers pick out the right diamond products for any occasion or person. Customers can communicate with these experts through e-mail, online form, telephone or by visiting Tiffany & Co.'s brick and mortar retail stores at many locations throughout the world.

• Outstanding watch selection: In addition to its traditional jewelry selection, the company offers a huge selection of watches made out of precious metals, many of which have beautiful gemstones in them.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged, people looking to restore antique jewelry, customers looking to buy a luxury gift and Religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs