3.8/5 (213 ratings)

About Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?

Original review: May 16, 2022

When I received my heart charm bracelet ($500) as a gift I was delighted with it until I noticed that the links weren't connected properly. After much run-around, I was provided with a pre-paid return label so they could correct the defect. Weeks later I receive a notice that they are holding my bracelet hostage until I pay 80+ dollars, including $20 shipping and handling. I paid it because I want my bracelet back but it's disgusting that after paying $500 and receiving a defective item that I have to pay for it to be fixed. In their email they referenced fixing scratches. I only wore the bracelet once and never asked them to fix any non-existent scratches. I simply wanted them to fix what they did wrong. I will NEVER buy Tiffany again and advise that everyone else spends their money elsewhere.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I received a necklace for Christmas 2021. Values over 1000 dollars. It is April 2022 and the heart charm on the necklace has broken. I went to Tiffany’s in West Edmonton Mall to get repaired. I was told there was a cost of 160 dollars to fix. I have not even had the necklace for 6 months. If I had caused the break there would be no problem but it just fell apart. The manager at the store treated me like I was a low life. I had come straight from work and I wear scrubs at work. So no I was not dripping in diamonds or Louis Vuitton but I am still a regular customer at the store. Never again will I ever shop there. Their jewelry quality is junk as this is the 3rd piece that has fallen apart on me.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2022

My husband was given a Tiffany watch which was waterproof, for diving. To change the battery, they have always sent it to their headquarters and returned it with a new battery, free of charge. The service was always exemplary. However, this year, they directed me to send it off, and pay postage, and told me that I would receive it back within three weeks. It was four weeks before I heard from them with a quote for a price to change the battery of $70...? There had been no explanation that there would be a charge, nor that it would take this long to even give an estimate?? I still do not have the watch back, despite several calls and emails, and hours on hold each time, and it's been seven weeks. It's not worth buying this brand, there is no service given at all, and for the money, it would be far better to go elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I would have given 0 stars if I could. I own two of the Return to Tiffany Heart Tag Bead Bracelets, and have had issues with both bracelets, and even more issues dealing with the company for repairs. Both bracelets have broken at least once, but one bracelet has broken 3 times now. The first two times, I was willing to pay the fee to get the bracelets repaired. They informed me that if the bracelet broke again within a certain timeframe, they would repair or replace it for no charge. I got my one bracelet repaired in July 2021 because the chain snapped and needed to be repaired. I paid a pretty decent fee for that repair. Not even a year later, the heart tag fell off entirely out of nowhere (did not snag on my clothing, did not get pulled on, nothing.)

I brought the bracelet back to the store and informed them that I JUST got it repaired less than a year ago, and would like this one repaired. They told me it would be another $70-$75 to fix it again. I have now paid 3 separate times for just one bracelet to be fixed. Clearly the quality of the jewelry is absolutely awful, and I truly wish I had just thrown the bracelets away the first time they broke, because it would've saved me a lot more money. When the "manager" from the store called me, he said they often have people taking the bracelet in saying they found the loop that the heart tag is on is very flimsy and breaks easily.

They are refusing to fix this for me because "company policy" says they can't do that on their end. If their own employees are telling customers that the jewelry has flimsy or has poor quality parts, it's obviously not very good jewelry. You're better off to purchase jewelry from Walmart or Winners, because the quality and service is actually significantly better. My family has been purchasing jewelry from Tiffany for at least 15 years, but are completely appalled by this lack of care and customer service. Save your money and buy your jewelry from a company that actually cares about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I'm sure many people have noticed Tiffany's quality is not what it used to be years ago. If you have silver jewelry you bought from them in the past compare it to your recent purchases. I bought a beaded bracelet with the little heart charm in Tiffany's teal 4 years ago. Decided to purchase same bracelet with the pink heart charm this year. In the store, I did not notice a difference but once I got home and got the older bracelet out I was surprised by how light the new bracelet was compared to the older one. The beads are smaller on the newer one, mind you it is the same bracelet. So we are still paying the same high prices, price increases and we are getting less silver and lower quality. That bracelet was my last purchase from Tiffany's, truly their quality is not what it used to be.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Bought two T bands with diamonds in summer 2019 at Greenwich, CT store. Within 6 months most of the diamonds fell out of one of them. Emailed the saleslady - she told us store closed for COVID and that she would contact us when open. She did not. Emailed her again two months later - she did not answer. Stopped wearing the ring and forgot about it. Finally got around to returning ring in person in December, 2021. Salespeople accused us of the damage but took ring for 'repair estimate'.

Two months later store manager tells us that the ring is not repairable. She also claims that since we didn't return the ring within one year (although we tried to), that the warranty expired. Claims that we caused the diamonds to fall out because "they have never seen this before." So many issues - blame customer for defective ring, poor customer service and blame customer for lapse of warranty when customer has proof that she tried to return within 6 months. Advice - purchase luxury jewelry elsewhere until LVNH has a chance to revamp this business.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I have always purchased from Tiffany’s and with Covid-19, their stores being by appointment only and back and forth with customer service this is the worst experience I’ve had. The quality and customer service is not what it used to be. I supposedly spoke to a manager who only gave me her name as Tamu, didn’t want to provide her full name and she was so rude. She accused of the mesh bracelet being worn and scratched, when Tiffany’s had sent us the wrong size twice.

They made mistakes in not sending us the correct size (mind you the bracelet was too small and never fit) and then made accusations of the jewelry being worn and scratched. We were also accused of the bracelet being tarnished and correct me if I’m wrong but Tiffany’s jewelry always get tarnished, we always have to go get it clean. This supposedly manager was so rude and wouldn’t allow for me to speak to anyone else. They tons of notes and calls that I made regarding receiving the wrong size. The bracelet is beautiful, too bad it does not fit and too bad Tiffany has rude employees working there.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

It is terrible service I have encountered in the store at 68 West Colorado Blvd @ Pasadena, CA on 10/23/21. The staff called ** who served me treat me at nothing. I will need to pack the bracelet (return from Engraving Service) by myself and also when asked for the empty box. She claimed that this is exemption for this time as she said that we as the customer should get the box when we have make the payment. (The box actually has given back to the another lady when I send for the service.) This is my 1st time bought the item which costs me 1K in Tiffany & Co but end up deserved this kind of "Customer Service". I would not come back again!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

We bought a chain and personalized charm as a 16th birthday gift. Within two months of wearing it on and off, removing when sleeping and showering, the chain broke. We were asked to send it back for repair… received an email asking £50 and stating “ WORN, TARNISHED, SCRATCHED, CHAIN BROKEN“. For such an expensive item, I would expect better quality and certainly not being asked to pay when it is still under warranty! I was also been told no refund can be made on personalized items! Shocking! I will certainly NOT recommend buying a Tiffany… so sad for our daughter to have a gift she can’t wear!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

This is what almost $500 gets you when you go shopping for an anniversary gift at Tiffany & Co. These jade & gold earrings were 6 months old when fell apart. When I brought 'em back they asked me if the earrings had gotten wet? I asked the sales women if Tiffany & Co was selling costume jewelry as I had never seen good jewelry get destroyed when it got wet... They told me it would be no problem to fix, just leave the earrings and another $350 and they would take care of it for me!!! Now this was not the first piece I had ever bought from them, but it would sure be the last. In short, don't shop at this overpriced costume jewelry house.

Tiffany & Co. author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Headquartered in New York, Tiffany & Co. is a company that sells luxury jewelry, fragrances, accessories, watches and leather goods. While known for outstanding products, Tiffany is particularly well-known for offering stunning and high-quality diamond jewelry.

• Legacy: The company was founded in 1837 and is considered one of the most outstanding luxury brands ever created. They have great brand recognition, which comes from their timeless logo and their signature blue box.

• Free return shipping: Returning jewelry to Tiffany is always free, and the company lets customers return pieces by mail at no cost.

• Wedding and gift registry: Customers can take advantage of a simple online wedding and gift registry where they can register for gifts they want to receive, making shopping easier for gift givers.

• Diamond experts: The company has a large number of diamond experts on staff to help customers pick out the right diamond products for any occasion or person. Customers can communicate with these experts through e-mail, online form, telephone or by visiting Tiffany & Co.'s brick and mortar retail stores at many locations throughout the world.

• Outstanding watch selection: In addition to its traditional jewelry selection, the company offers a huge selection of watches made out of precious metals, many of which have beautiful gemstones in them.

Tiffany & Co. Company Information