3.2/5 (114 ratings)

About Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

So I ordered 2 items from this company and my experience has been Horrific! The first item came and I needed a bigger size, so I took it in store to exchange. Second item I had engraved with initials of my deceased family members and it arrived with scratches across entire piece!!! When I returned piece there was no communication about return process at all! I sent item back on 9/6. It arrived on 9/7 and no one sent acknowledgment of item. I had to call on 9/13 to inquire about item. Then they said they can't give me a new one only buff out because it was engraved. Even though I paid for hand engraving, so I can't possibly understand how this happened. Terribly DISAPPOINTED in this company. Will never order ANYTHING from them in life again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I purchased this chain in September of 2020 thinking it would be a quality product that I could pass on to one of my daughters or granddaughter. 21 months after purchase, I am having it repaired. I was surprise when two of the beads rolled off while simply shifting the necklace to reposition it on my neck. This is not the quality product expected. The $400 price tag is far too much for this caliber of workmanship. The company does not stand behind its product. Politely offering to fix a $400 necklace that should not have broken, at a charge to the customer of $60 to $120 is not a good solution. Do Not Waste Your Money.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I wore my necklace twice since I've had it. The second time it fell off of me and I've lost it forever. It was fully clasped! For $2,700 I highly do not recommend this necklace. The strand of sterling silver that it came on it's very very cheap.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Bought this beautiful ring and matching bracelet. The ring got caught and stretched out of shape in less than a year. They would not repair without outrageous fee unless it was a more expensive product it was 1500.00. Now it has broke in half and they will not honor the break repair because it is over a year old

Original review: June 27, 2022

I have the T ring, in black steel. Visually, it became my favorite ring. DON’T BUY IT. The black wore off very quickly. When I went back, in person, to the store my husband purchases all my jewelry at, they shrugged and said “You’re stuck with it. It can’t be fixed. And Yes this happens a lot.” I get maybe it can’t be fixed. So here is the true solution: Don’t sell it. Shame on you, Tiff.

Original review: May 23, 2022

So I purchased the return to Tiffany beaded bracelet. And I have to say that I do love the bracelet. The pinned it came off of the bracelet so I had to take it in for repair. It took about three weeks for the bracelet to come back and the repair seems fine. I wore it but then I put it back in the bag and decided not to wear it until the weather broke some. Put the bracelet on and again depend it breaks off.

Now initially the bracelet was sent out because I was told it had to be welded back together. In my mind welding something together will make it sturdy. However he wants to paint it fell off again I contacted Tiffany about the issue and I was told that I have to go through the same process and pay for it again to be repaired. Apparently when you get a repair there’s only a 30 day warranty on that repair. And since it’s been five months I have to pay again to have it repaired. I think this is horrible. I think that they should have a better policy when it comes to repairs. At this point I am very unhappy.

Original review: May 16, 2022

When I received my heart charm bracelet ($500) as a gift I was delighted with it until I noticed that the links weren't connected properly. After much run-around, I was provided with a pre-paid return label so they could correct the defect. Weeks later I receive a notice that they are holding my bracelet hostage until I pay 80+ dollars, including $20 shipping and handling. I paid it because I want my bracelet back but it's disgusting that after paying $500 and receiving a defective item that I have to pay for it to be fixed. In their email they referenced fixing scratches. I only wore the bracelet once and never asked them to fix any non-existent scratches. I simply wanted them to fix what they did wrong. I will NEVER buy Tiffany again and advise that everyone else spends their money elsewhere.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I received a necklace for Christmas 2021. Values over 1000 dollars. It is April 2022 and the heart charm on the necklace has broken. I went to Tiffany’s in West Edmonton Mall to get repaired. I was told there was a cost of 160 dollars to fix. I have not even had the necklace for 6 months. If I had caused the break there would be no problem but it just fell apart. The manager at the store treated me like I was a low life. I had come straight from work and I wear scrubs at work. So no I was not dripping in diamonds or Louis Vuitton but I am still a regular customer at the store. Never again will I ever shop there. Their jewelry quality is junk as this is the 3rd piece that has fallen apart on me.

Original review: March 21, 2022

My husband was given a Tiffany watch which was waterproof, for diving. To change the battery, they have always sent it to their headquarters and returned it with a new battery, free of charge. The service was always exemplary. However, this year, they directed me to send it off, and pay postage, and told me that I would receive it back within three weeks. It was four weeks before I heard from them with a quote for a price to change the battery of $70...? There had been no explanation that there would be a charge, nor that it would take this long to even give an estimate?? I still do not have the watch back, despite several calls and emails, and hours on hold each time, and it's been seven weeks. It's not worth buying this brand, there is no service given at all, and for the money, it would be far better to go elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I would have given 0 stars if I could. I own two of the Return to Tiffany Heart Tag Bead Bracelets, and have had issues with both bracelets, and even more issues dealing with the company for repairs. Both bracelets have broken at least once, but one bracelet has broken 3 times now. The first two times, I was willing to pay the fee to get the bracelets repaired. They informed me that if the bracelet broke again within a certain timeframe, they would repair or replace it for no charge. I got my one bracelet repaired in July 2021 because the chain snapped and needed to be repaired. I paid a pretty decent fee for that repair. Not even a year later, the heart tag fell off entirely out of nowhere (did not snag on my clothing, did not get pulled on, nothing.)

I brought the bracelet back to the store and informed them that I JUST got it repaired less than a year ago, and would like this one repaired. They told me it would be another $70-$75 to fix it again. I have now paid 3 separate times for just one bracelet to be fixed. Clearly the quality of the jewelry is absolutely awful, and I truly wish I had just thrown the bracelets away the first time they broke, because it would've saved me a lot more money. When the "manager" from the store called me, he said they often have people taking the bracelet in saying they found the loop that the heart tag is on is very flimsy and breaks easily.

They are refusing to fix this for me because "company policy" says they can't do that on their end. If their own employees are telling customers that the jewelry has flimsy or has poor quality parts, it's obviously not very good jewelry. You're better off to purchase jewelry from Walmart or Winners, because the quality and service is actually significantly better. My family has been purchasing jewelry from Tiffany for at least 15 years, but are completely appalled by this lack of care and customer service. Save your money and buy your jewelry from a company that actually cares about their customers.

Tiffany & Co. author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Headquartered in New York, Tiffany & Co. is a company that sells luxury jewelry, fragrances, accessories, watches and leather goods. While known for outstanding products, Tiffany is particularly well-known for offering stunning and high-quality diamond jewelry.

• Legacy: The company was founded in 1837 and is considered one of the most outstanding luxury brands ever created. They have great brand recognition, which comes from their timeless logo and their signature blue box.

• Free return shipping: Returning jewelry to Tiffany is always free, and the company lets customers return pieces by mail at no cost.

• Wedding and gift registry: Customers can take advantage of a simple online wedding and gift registry where they can register for gifts they want to receive, making shopping easier for gift givers.

• Diamond experts: The company has a large number of diamond experts on staff to help customers pick out the right diamond products for any occasion or person. Customers can communicate with these experts through e-mail, online form, telephone or by visiting Tiffany & Co.'s brick and mortar retail stores at many locations throughout the world.

• Outstanding watch selection: In addition to its traditional jewelry selection, the company offers a huge selection of watches made out of precious metals, many of which have beautiful gemstones in them.

Tiffany & Co. Company Information