2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

3.9/5 (186 ratings)

About Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

It is terrible service I have encountered in the store at 68 West Colorado Blvd @ Pasadena, CA on 10/23/21. The staff called ** who served me treat me at nothing. I will need to pack the bracelet (return from Engraving Service) by myself and also when asked for the empty box. She claimed that this is exemption for this time as she said that we as the customer should get the box when we have make the payment. (The box actually has given back to the another lady when I send for the service.) This is my 1st time bought the item which costs me 1K in Tiffany & Co but end up deserved this kind of "Customer Service". I would not come back again!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

We bought a chain and personalized charm as a 16th birthday gift. Within two months of wearing it on and off, removing when sleeping and showering, the chain broke. We were asked to send it back for repair… received an email asking £50 and stating “ WORN, TARNISHED, SCRATCHED, CHAIN BROKEN“. For such an expensive item, I would expect better quality and certainly not being asked to pay when it is still under warranty! I was also been told no refund can be made on personalized items! Shocking! I will certainly NOT recommend buying a Tiffany… so sad for our daughter to have a gift she can’t wear!

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

This is what almost $500 gets you when you go shopping for an anniversary gift at Tiffany & Co. These jade & gold earrings were 6 months old when fell apart. When I brought 'em back they asked me if the earrings had gotten wet? I asked the sales women if Tiffany & Co was selling costume jewelry as I had never seen good jewelry get destroyed when it got wet... They told me it would be no problem to fix, just leave the earrings and another $350 and they would take care of it for me!!! Now this was not the first piece I had ever bought from them, but it would sure be the last. In short, don't shop at this overpriced costume jewelry house.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

ABSOLUTELY APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE: I bought my daughter the Return to Tiffany® heart tag toggle bracelet for her 18th birthday, at the beginning of May. It kept falling off, because the bar was not long enough! One day, around Christmas time, it falls off yet again and the main link, that holds the bark just fell off! I rung Tiffany Customer services. The lady was very apologetic and helpful and told me I could either post it back to them for repair, OR return it to a store. I did not wish to risk putting it in the post, seemed one extra unnecessary risk (they post it back to you, that would be worrying enough). Anyway, she said there would be no problem returning it to the store and did not give any deadline.

During August we decided to take a trip to London (from South Wales) to return the bracelet - we decided to make a day of it and booked tickets for the Tower. This was the first opportunity we had, had since Covid restrictions made it possible. We went into the store in Westfield Shopping Centre, was kept waiting about 20 mins, only to be shocked by the Sales Assistant's attitude. She told us that they would repair it for £25!!!! Not a huge amount, I agree, but excuse me, my daughter had only worn the bracelet for about 5 months. She actually agreed that you could see there was no damage to the bracelet, it was just a clean break. But they didn't seem to see this was their problem. She did, supposedly, go to speak to the Manager twice, but still the answer was 'no'.

They changed their story, from £25 was always chargeable, to it would have been covered if it was under a year. I obviously spelt out for her, that it had been Covid and we hadn't been able to get it back, she said we could have come to the shop anytime. When I asked why Customer Services hadn't told me there was a timeframe, she got a bit flustered and said, the company's policy had changed, in the last few months, but didn't enlighten me as to how. I would have asked for the Manager to come out and see me, but we were likely to miss our time slot for the Tower and actually only did make it, with 1 min to spare!

I took the bracelet back home, got it repaired by a local jeweller Richard Llynfi, and for £50 he also made a larger bar, to stop the bracelet from falling off. Shoddy workmanship and even worse customer service. Are Tiffany able to just rely on the custom of high rolling celebrities and don't care about all the people who bought what they thought were iconic/sentimental pieces for their children who came of age during lockdown! I doubt their business suffered and you think such a large company would show more compassion, as people hadn't been able to visit the store! Not less! My husband has bought me a couple of Tiffany pieces and my daughter had her eye on a few more, for her 21st, etc, but never again!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Very bad products. Bought an expensive necklace for my wife bday. Necklace went black after 2nd wearing and we are not able to return or exchange it because 30 days passed even though first lady from customer service I spoke with was willing to take the return. Due to vacations we missed the 7 days window on shipping label so called again to request another label. Second lady I spoke with did not help at all and said they won't take it back or even exchange it. I am really surprised they are still in business. You can buy better jewelry in a convenience store. NEVER again

Original review: July 20, 2021

My husband bought me a necklace for my birthday. The chain broke within 30 days. I have a Tiffany store 15 mins from my house. I went on two separate occasions to try and get my chain fixed and was ignored both times as though I was invisible. No one would help me. So I opted to take care of the repair via Tiffany.com and filled out the form and paid to have it shipped to Tiffany in New York. I shipped via USPS with priority shipping which is tracked and insured. I put the broken chain and heart charm in the teal Tiffany box. I put the teal Tiffany box inside of a Ziploc bag. I put the Ziploc bag inside of the USPS box.

A week later I got an email from Tiffany indicating that they received my package and that they would repair the broken chain and replace the MISSING heart charm for $139. #1 The heart charm was never missing. It was most certainly included and secured in the packaging. #2 The cost of the necklace itself was less than $200 and now you want me to pay $139 to fix a broken chain and replace a heart charm that you clearly lost or confiscated? I don't think so. I will never do business with Tiffany again. Wal-Mart has better customer service than this.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Less than a year ago, I ordered and gave my daughter the 18" beaded chain in sterling silver. While I was clasping the necklace for her, the last bead that attaches the clasp to the rest of the necklace broke. I sent the necklace in to Tiffany and Co. for repair and was told that I would be charged $75 for the repair. Even though I purchased it less than a year ago, I was told to keep in mind that sterling silver is a soft metal and that the breakage is normal wear and tear. I was even told that it broke because it was "yanked," which is not true. My daughter is 17, was very careful with that necklace, and only wore it a handful of times on special occasions; it broke while I was clasping it for her! The quality (and service) is not what I expected from the Tiffany and Co. brand.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I received the infinity blue enamel bracelet for my birthday a year and a half ago. The top piece of the blue enamel piece fell off so I brought it to the Tiffany’s store to have it fixed. It was sent to New York and they emailed me a quote of $55. I processed payment with my credit card to just receive another email with another quote of $225! I called and spoke to them in person. I said this is poor quality and unacceptable for them to charge me this much where I might as well buy a new bracelet! The associate said she would talk to her manager then called me at a later time to say the charges are valid! I told them to send my bracelet back to me and I would never buy anything from them ever again! I went to the store to pick up my bracelet and told him the same thing! All they could say is “I’m sorry to hear that.”

I haven’t even worn it for two years yet and it fell apart already! I keep this piece and want to fix it simply because it has sentimental value to me since it was given to me by my dearest friend otherwise I would’ve thrown it in the trash! So buyers be aware! I own a few pieces of Tiffany’s jewelry but their quality has badly declined. I would not invest in this brand ever again.

Original review: March 14, 2021

During the summer I purchased a rose gold chain link bracelet that was 7,900.00 after taxes. Since I am super athletic every day, I only wore it on special occasions literally three times in 6 months. I noticed that the clasp was loose and that the interior two bars inside the clasp had a strange bend to them. After spending close to 8000.00, I was so upset. I called customer service to see if I could exchange it out, but they insisted on me sending it in for a repair and to be reviewed. I sent the bracelet in immediately, dated 3/1/2021. I have only received one email confirming they have received the item. There is zero communication and I have to be the one calling them about a returned item explaining to them that just fixing it ruins the authenticity of the very expensive 6 month old bracelet.

I explained that I wanted a replacement sent to me. They said that repairs and customer service would get back to me. They never did. They treat their customers like second class citizens, as if 8000.00 is just no big deal and that my purchase has no meaning to them. The snottiness to this company is alarming at best. I just can't believe the way they treat their high paying customers! I just wanted and hoped they would do the right thing, to this day 3/14/2021, not a word from them about how they are going to make this situation right for a customer! I was planning on buying another 18K gold chainlink bracelet like my Rose gold but since this experience, I will never purchase again from Tiffany! Order **.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Tiffany's will always be the gold and diamond standard! Tiffany solitaire diamond rings without a doubt sparkly more than any other diamond, and the evidence can be seen with the naked eye by comparing a Tiffany diamond against a non-Tiffany diamond of the same cut, color, and clarity. Who doesn't want the most sparkly diamond ring?!?

Tiffany & Co. author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Headquartered in New York, Tiffany & Co. is a company that sells luxury jewelry, fragrances, accessories, watches and leather goods. While known for outstanding products, Tiffany is particularly well-known for offering stunning and high-quality diamond jewelry.

• Legacy: The company was founded in 1837 and is considered one of the most outstanding luxury brands ever created. They have great brand recognition, which comes from their timeless logo and their signature blue box.

• Free return shipping: Returning jewelry to Tiffany is always free, and the company lets customers return pieces by mail at no cost.

• Wedding and gift registry: Customers can take advantage of a simple online wedding and gift registry where they can register for gifts they want to receive, making shopping easier for gift givers.

• Diamond experts: The company has a large number of diamond experts on staff to help customers pick out the right diamond products for any occasion or person. Customers can communicate with these experts through e-mail, online form, telephone or by visiting Tiffany & Co.'s brick and mortar retail stores at many locations throughout the world.

• Outstanding watch selection: In addition to its traditional jewelry selection, the company offers a huge selection of watches made out of precious metals, many of which have beautiful gemstones in them.

Tiffany & Co. Company Information