3.2/5 (359 ratings)

About Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?

Original review: March 5, 2020

If I could give this company 0 stars, I would. I have used Tiffany for 15 years for gift giving. For my 10th anniversary, I wanted to get my wife a necklace that she loved. Within one month of receiving the necklace, the chain broke. Both of us were very disappointed. We contacted Tiffany expecting that they would just replace or fix the chain (or part of the chain) so that all could be fine again. This would have been an easy fix. We had all the parts and sent them back to the company. Here is the part I can't understand. The company sent us a bill for over $80 to repair the broken chain. There was no contact or major snag that caused it to break. The chain was faulty. On what planet would a customer service department lose a customer over such a ridiculous error? My special 10 year anniversary present is useless. The money spent was wasted. I will never use their service again and will do my best to encourage others to do the same.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I brought my wedding ring which is the platinum + gold, which cost me $2000+, after 6 years, I found my ring bend into elliptic shape. I bring my ring to the store in Pitt Street at Sydney and I be told it not a quality issue, the reason they try to convince me is that they can't use their fingers to bend the ring. I also found that the customer service team not listen to their customers, because I be told they need a special assessment to find whether it's a quality issue, so I ask they do the assessment and tell me why my ring can be bend so serious, because it's platinum, which is the most hard metal, and my never did heavy lifting, but the only feedback I got from there is I need to pay $80 to reshape it back. I very disappointing about Tiffany. Quality has lost its standard which mean to be the best in the world.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We bought the Elsa Peretti wedding band last year and I've only wore it for like a total of 4-5 months before one of the diamonds became tilted in the setting. We brought the ring back to the store and they sent it to their repair facility in NY for an estimate. The estimate came back to be like 1/3 of the price of the ring and they said they need to rebuild all the setting and refused to fix that one tilted diamond by itself. Please help me understand why rebuilding all the setting is necessary when only one of them is tilted?!

Also they said the ring was worn with an engagement ring so it's worn out and they won't fix the ring for free. Nowhere on your website or product description did you EVER mention the wedding band CANNOT be worn with an engagement ring, in fact, it is pretty much tradition to wear both together, so why is this even an excuse??? OH AND, they charge 50$ for cleaning the ring when on the website and in store they said cleaning is free. Lol. Honestly if you want to buy Tiffany's and deal with this level of customer service then it's on you, but DON'T, JUST DON'T.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Over the past 4 years I have purchased a charm each year for my wife at Christmas time to go with the Tiffany bracelet that was first purchased. Their individual charms are very pricey and range from approximately $200-$500 per individual charm. Although a "link" was supplied in the past so the charm could be connected to the bracelet, they now want to charge $20 for this simple small chain link! I wrote them but received no response. I also called them but received the "I'm sorry, we charge for the link that is used to connect the charm to the bracelet". In that $1.000+ has been spent on this bracelet and charms, a link should be provided at no cost. This is like selling a home appliance but requiring a customer to buy an electrical cord so it can be plugged into the outlet!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I bought many Tiffany’s jewelry and one of the last purchase was a pair of white gold earrings with diamonds. After one year I lost one of them while putting on clothes and I had to rebuy it: it cost me more than the first time I bought them because, they told me, the market price was higher. After about 3 months I lost AGAIN one earring (and I luckily found it) in the middle of the street while trying to wear a scarf. Then I found out that the problem is that the little stick on the back of the earring is NOT STANDARD but shorter and that’s why I keep losing it!

I wanted to report that to Tiffany but they don’t care, of course. If you want to change the measurements of the stick you have to pay. I decide to insure them and I asked to have a value certificate and Tiffany ASKED ME $100 to have it and 4 WEEKS WAITING TIME!!!! Are you kidding me? I got my Cartier certificate in 2 minutes for nothing, same with Jaeger LeCoultre and other BIG AND SERIOUS brands!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I dropped off an inexpensive gold ring I purchased less than a year ago to send off for repair. A week later I received the estimate. $220 to repair a $1000 ring. The ring is 10 month old stackable and hadn’t even been worn everyday. It appears that the wrap around accent piece was glued on and it came apart. What was worse was I emailed customer service a week ago. Still no reply. I called and was told someone would get back to me today. They didn’t. I called again and they said someone would get back to me Monday. We will see.

Basically I just said it was under a year old and broke already and if not covered by warranty then just send back. Please just have the decency to let me know and stop wasting my time having to pursue this even further. I’m surprised actually by the cheap quality as I have a few other pieces from them that haven’t had any issue at all. But given the fact that I’m not even worthy of a response I will continue to buy Cartier and Van Cleef from now on as they actually care about their customers plus have superior quality.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

My boyfriend bought me a silver double chain infinity necklace w/ enamel. After wearing it a few times it turned black and tarnished. I took it back to the Manhasset store to exchange it for the gold version ($600 more). They refused any exchanges because it had been 3 mos since the purchase date. They then cleaned it for me. The rude saleswoman handed me the necklace and it looked exactly the same. I asked to speak to the manager who told me it tarnished because it reacts w/ my skin with normal wear. I told her I only wore it a few times. She then changed her excuse to say maybe I wasn’t wearing it enough and if it is left in a jewelry box and not taken out it would also tarnish (I can’t even explain my anger at this point), Rude is an understatement. They speak to you with a phony smile as they tell you a ** excuse. There is no quality at Tiffany. It looked like I bought the necklace at a drugstore, I hope they go out of business.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I recently sent a diamond wedding band to Tiffany & Co to be professionally cleaned and serviced, and a diamond engagement ring to be professionally cleaned and serviced as well as resized. They told me to expect a 10-day evaluation period, then a 2-week work period. I had to pay for the cleaning & servicing (about $200 each), but resizing was free as with all T&Co engagement rings. It all went smoothly and as expected, exactly according to the timeline they gave me.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

A few years ago, my spouse bought for me a pair of 18k gold earrings. A month ago, when I took them off one evening, a piece had fallen off. I wrote customer service and they said to send in for evaluation. They evaluated that it would be $687 to repair. My response was that I expected these earrings to last a lifetime, not fall apart. They wrote back that their warranty for workmanship was one year. The spouse has bought me probably 15 items over the last 20 years. I told him to not buy me any more items from Tiffany's. I find their items beautiful, but I don't want to have anything from a company that doesn't stand behind their product.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I received a infinite bracelet as a matron of honor gift. It was beautiful and I was so happy with it as I would never spend money like this on myself. Sadly it broke, fell off and was lost forever shortly after I received it. I was heart broken. In an attempt to hide the fact that my beautiful gift was lost, my husband re-ordered the same bracelet from a re-seller (as we could never afford this full price item, $225 for a simple bracelet). A few weeks have passed and this new bracelet BROKE AND FELL OFF to be lost forever AGAIN. Two different products and they both broke and fell off. I called customer support and nothing was done.

They said they didn't have a lost and found policy but they were looking into using a different vendor, so clearly they have found problems with their current products and continue to sell them... I am so absolutely disappointed. This brand is supposed to be one of the best. Clearly it is A COMPLETE SCAM. I am so disgusted and will never support this brand again, who sells crappy and low quality items for hundreds and thousands of dollars. Will be reviewing the company wherever I can so others don't get screwed.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

My boyfriend bought me a pretty Tiffany necklace as my birthday gift. After wearing for three months it got dark (because it's silver) and I bring it to the store and ask for a free cleaning. The staff is terrific and took my necklace and few days later when I picked it up, the overall enamel was much less than the original. What's worse is that on one side the enamel is eroded.

Of course I was unsatisfied and told him to re-do it. After three weeks (they told me I should receive it in 2 weeks but apparently not), I received a UPS package and the necklace looks like this. (The picture with black dots) I was so pissed. I tried to wipe those off and some of them did disappear but I couldn't clear it thoroughly. Also the enamel is even less. I called the customer service and the representative told me this necklace should be in good condition because it PASSED the standard test. So are they blind so they couldn't see those dust and wrapped it up and just sent it to me?? My first jewelry is Tiffany so I have a special feelings for it. But I'm very disappointed right now and an advise to you is that never send it to repair. They're not reliable and irresponsible. But I still like the design though.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Scared of getting ripped off? Don’t want to waste your money? Don't purchase jewelry from Tiffany.co.uk. I spent £3000 on a band of hearts Diamond ring for my wedding in 2014. The ring was placed on my finger for the first time on 3 May 2014. After a year of wearing the ring, I noticed that one of the diamond was slightly raised. We took the ring to a Tiffany store and had someone take a look. The ring was inspected at the store and we were told that the ring was fine and the diamonds would never fall out as they were placed correctly in position.

The ring has always been covered with gloves when carrying out any nursing tasks at my place of work and removed when washing hands along with my engagement ring. However, my engagement ring that was purchased from HM Samuel for £2600 in 2012 remains in perfect condition with all stones perfectly in place, but my Tiffany wedding ring has distorted in shape and approx 5 diamonds have fallen out. Tiffany customer services state that I should have taken the ring in for inspection every year for a service. Why was I not informed about this at the time of purchase? Or when I took the ring into the store to be inspected when I noticed that one of the diamonds was slightly raised? The lovely blue box the ring arrived in may have been good quality but the ring itself definitely was not!! A wedding ring should be expected to last more than 4 years.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have a silver flask from Tiffany. It cost $2000. It leaked from the day I got it. It leaked all over the top of my custom made wooden bar in my basement. I had to have the top of the bar refinished. I took the item to Tiffany where the Customer Service representative was very polite and took my flask. Three weeks later they told me they would not fix it unless I gave them $156. Pretty poor response since it was a defective product. The customer service team was rather surely in their responses to me. I guess I will shop at David Yurman from now on.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

My husband purchased a Baume Mercier gold watch for me 16 years ago. At that time I was told it came with a lifetime of free watch batteries. Today I was told the company changed its policy 9 months ago and even though they have the tools and batteries, they would not change it. I am very disappointed with Tiffany and Co and will never buy anymore jewelry from them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I sent my Tiffany Atlas watch to have the battery replaced, it was suppose to take 10 days. After 3 weeks and me calling them they told me the following repairs needed to be made: The oil in the watch had dried out and it needed a new movement and a gasket replaced as well as the battery. It also needed a new watch band. For this they wanted to charge $750.00. I told them to send it back and not do the repairs and took it to our local watch repair. My watch needed a new battery and band, they charged me $34.00. I told him what Tiffany's said: First off the oil does not dry out, the system is sealed and the oil lasts for life. He said the condition of my watch was great! He said and I agree it's a shame when a famous maker does these kinds of things. Well it's a big advertising budget and store overhead that Tiffany's has, guess they have to make their overhead somehow. Will not buy any Tiffany product again!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I took in my bracelet to be cleaned and was given the wrong one. I noticed it and said something. I was then given my bracelet. Not so. A couple months went by and notice it was tarnished so I took it in for another cleaning. When I picked it up I was told it wasn’t a Tiffany’s. So where’s my bracelet? They gave me a fake in return. This is a piece that was bought back in 97/98. It was a gift and the person is no longer here with us. So I was told sorry nothing can be done cause this person isn’t in their system and neither am I. Not so happy person and sorry Tiffany you just lost a customer. Really? Shame on you!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I bought a pair of wedding band and the salesperson told me that could be possible to refund of it if I'd have some problem in case of not receive a "yes" as answer. But it is not true it Because I've tried this refund and the Service Customer Support send me an e-mail with a bad answer and being impolite. I love the brand but I will not be customer anymore, because it was an embarrassing situation. Mainly regarding the support and sales rules in Brazil. No more comments about it, to add... I did not receive my invoice yet.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I bought my daughters identical Tiffany necklaces while on our Disney Cruise. Both necklaces had defective clasps. I took them into our local store to have the clasp replaced and customer service told me I would have to pay for the repairs since it was caused by user damage. I asked how both necklaces could have the identical problem a few days after purchase and the customer service rep told me I shouldn't be buying Tiffany necklaces for girls under ten years old.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I have a Tiffany's diamond solitaire engagement ring with a harmony band. This was the first time I brought it in to be serviced since I got it two years ago because I don't wear it very often. When I went to pick it up, I opened the box to look at it, but put the box in my purse without trying it on. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I planned to wear it and it didn't fit. At first, I thought they had sized it by mistake, but decided to check the serial number on the band to make sure it was mine. When I did, I realized that they had given me the wrong ring.

I brought the ring back to the store and asked to speak with a manager. I explained what had happened and she went back to check their system and figure out whose ring I had and locate my ring. A half hour later, she came back and said they had sent my ring to a customer in New Jersey by mistake. I was extremely upset, to say the least. The assistant manager said the rings were most likely swapped during intake (they were received on the same day) and they were going to call the couple that they think had my ring. She gave me her cell number and business card, but I had to specifically ask for documentation to show that I had brought the ring in and that they had given me the wrong ring to ensure they were taking responsibility for it. When she printed out the documents, my address was had been incorrectly entered into their system, so I had to request the fix that, as well.

The assistant manager emailed me the next day to tell me that they had delivered the ring I had brought in back to the couple and had retrieved what they believed to be my ring, but the courier got a flat tire on the way back to NYC so they couldn't verify if the ring was mine yet. The following day, I got an email confirming the serial number on the band of my ring and that they would deliver it to me. Again, I had to specifically ask if they confirmed the serial number on the diamond itself to make sure it was mine and hadn't been replaced with something else. They had to go back and do another quality check. I also had to ask if they had serviced and cleaned it again since the other couple didn't realize they had the wrong ring and had probably been wearing it this whole time.

By this point, I was irate by the fact that I had to continue doing their job for them every step of the way. Not only had I brought my ring in to be cleaned and it was sent to someone else, my address was incorrect in their system, they weren't proactive about checking the serial number on the band AND diamond, and I had to ask them specifically to make sure the ring was serviced since someone else had probably been wearing it this whole time.

At that point, the assistant manager finally realized it would be appropriate to offer more than just returning my ring, which shouldn't have been lost in the first place. In her email, she offered my husband and I a reservation at Tiffany Blue Box cafe and to replace the setting on my ring so I knew nobody else had ever worn it. I didn't want the setting replaced (for sentimental reasons) and really had no interest in going to their cafe. She asked if I had any suggestions on how they could do to make it up to me, so I shared the link to a small Tiffany's key necklace that my husband said he was planning to get me for our anniversary. Since they were willing to replace my platinum setting, this seemed like a fair trade. She replied to say they can't gift jewelry, even in the most extreme cases, but that she took the liberty of picking out a small gift for me, which would be included with my ring when it was delivered.

When they scheduled the courier to deliver my ring, I asked specifically that they contact me directly so I could sign for it and not the front desk of my building. The management in my building is really great, but I just didn't want any other potential mixups to occur. Not surprising at this point, they still had my address wrong when the courier delivered my ring today. The unit number was someone else's unit, not mine. Thankfully, the front desk employees knew that it was incorrect and wrote the right unit number on it so they notified me right away, but my ring could have easily been given to the wrong tenant in my building.

The "gift" I received was a small dish (I assume to put your ring on when you wash your hands) or cup holder - I really don't know. But I really feel like it was a slap in the face for the horrible experience I've had dealing with Tiffany's and their lack of attention to detail. When my husband and I decided to buy the ring from them, it was for the high quality products and services they stand for. If this is what the Tiffany's experience has turned into, I'll never be buying from them again.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I purchased one of these bracelets a few weeks ago at the Miami Design District. I am a repeat customer for years now. Unfortunately, unlike in Cartier, there is always a new salesperson to assist you and no continuity. After I bought the bracelet, I second guessed myself if I should have bought the medium size (same money) instead of the large. I only wore that day. We went out of the country and when I returned, I took it back to the store (two weeks span). I was greeted by a very rude saleswoman who unfortunately I did not get her name, and before I could explained myself (I just wanted to try the medium to determine which one was a better fit for me) she looked at me and told me the bracelet was bent and could not exchange it.

My husband and I looked at her with disbelief... What are you talking lady? I only wore this once and where is it bent? I then asked her I wanted to try a medium one to what she replied she had none! We could see them all in display. Then she went on tell the Director Ms. Audrey ** and in the meantime, after I insisted on trying the medium one, she finally reached out and showed me a medium to what she said it was too small (Not). Then the director comes out and tells me the same thing, that bracelet was bent and in no resalable condition. Again we asked where is it bend? And how a brand new bracelet that cost $2,000 could bend in one wear? And if it was bent, then it was sold to me like that. She had no answers.

By the way, I had to bring in the "Tiffany" bracelet in a Cartier pouch since they only give you an extremely small blue box to keep your jewelry. I took my bracelet back and promised not to ever set foot in that store ever again. Their loss, my next purchase was going to be a Tiffany T bracelet, but I guess I'm better off giving my business to Cartier where they DO Know how to treat a paying customer.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I would like to give feedback on the new store in Cincinnati, Ohio at the Kenwood Towne Center. I have been to many of your stores across the US and purchased many items for my wife. I have never seen such a poorly run store in my life. I would recommend someone observe how these people treat your customers. I have been multiple times for purchases and repairs and my experience has been poor each time. One person stands out as the worst. There is a tall older man with white hair that is so bad I will not return to this store ever and I probably not shop the brand anymore. He may be a manager, but I find him condescending and rude. The first time we had him, we could tell he was watching the door as he waited on us. Once he found out I was looking for less than $700, I couldn’t get his attention.

Once he saw a new customer walk in (who was dressed very fancy) he actually walked away and had someone else wait on us. He only came back to ring us out and make sure he got his commission. The young lady who took over for him was obviously embarrassed and tried her best to smile. I'm sure she realized she was not getting any commission on her time while he took the new customer. Besides him, I have had many pieces cleaned and repaired. I have NEVER received one call back letting me know the jewelry was ready. After I complained I was told I just have to stop up to see if they are in since no one answers the phone during the day. This place is dismal to say the least. I know you are proud of the brand and that it stands for quality. This store is damaging that brand every day it is open.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have recently visited the Tiffany & Co. store in New York. From my experience I have found that the pricing was totally ridiculous! Especially for a piece of jewellery. These extortionate prices had put me off making a purchase from this company and I personally feel I can get better value for my money elsewhere!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I have purchased from the website several times, and every time an item is out of stock it says out of stock online and put in my email to be notified. So, today, I went to order and it went through, got a confirmation number etc... Then ten minutes later I get an email saying it is out of stock online and it will be shipping from another store. It was a pretty expensive item, at least by my budget. I would have preferred they let me know if it was out of stock. Now I don't know where my item is even shipping from.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I purchased a Paloma Picasso cocktail ring a couple of years ago. After wearing it a couple of times, the gold caught in my dress and came away from the stone. I flattened it back down and just thought that the gold was really soft. I wore the ring on very rare occasions. Recently I sent two cuffs to Tiffany to have them polished, and I thought I'd send the ring as well. I got a bill for over $500 - not even itemized. I had to contact them three times before I got an itemized bill. I said I thought the ring was defective, because the prongs are pretty loose. They said it was wear and tear.

So... I want my cuffs back and I need them cleaning, so I will pay the $230 they want for the pleasure of doing that. I'm not paying for the ring. Appalled at their lack of customer care and belligerent attitude. I believe the ring has a design flaw, but they just said "wear and tear" and no negotiation. I will NEVER purchase another product from them again. They are overpriced anyway, but you are paying for the cachet of the Tiffany name. With customer service like this, they have lost their exclusivity in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I’m giving one star because zero is not an option. My fiancé bought me a Tiffany and Co engagement ring earlier this year. I had been wearing the ring for less than three months before the platinum prongs twisted and the diamond fell out, resulting in the loss of the diamond. After sending the ring to Tiffany consultants, it was founded the ring was not originally defective, therefore not their problem. I am not a welder or mechanic or do anything that should seriously damage such a “well-crafted” ring.

To make matters more insulting, my fiancé is in the military and has sent me a piece of Tiffany jewelry throughout his various deployments. He used a very good chunk of the money earned from his last deployment overseas to purchase my ring. He literally risked his life to purchase their product and it doesn’t last longer than three months. The company as a whole is an absolute nightmare to deal with - insulting, infuriating and ultimately heartbreaking. They do not stand behind their product or their loyal customers. I will never in my life purchase another Tiffany product and have told everyone I interact with to do the same. Save your hard earned money and support a company who stands behind their customers and values your business.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I recently ordered a necklace for my wife on the Tiffany & CO. website as a Christmas present. I received my order confirming the items were processed and would be shipped out. However the next morning my card was charged an additional 50 dollars??? So I called my bank and was told that Tiffany's had ran my card for a second time. So I called the customer service department and that was a joke, no one not even a manager could help me. He eventually told me that if they can't fill an online order they sub it out to a store location and that's why they charged a "smaller" amount again. (Sounds like stealing to me.) So he didn't even let me reply before putting me on hold and transferring me to the store that filled the order.

I was then told by a department manager that they couldn't see the charges on there and told me it would take 3-5 business days to get a response from their credit department. Ahhhh it's such a disaster especially at Christmas time. I'm not a wealthy person and 50 dollars to me is a lot so for a company as reputable as Tiffany's is supposed to be this sure makes me a 1 time customer. Oh and it's already a day later that it said it would be to get here so I'm sure this is going to be fun.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I've purchased several products from Tiffany. Everything I have ever bought has broken and they don't give you an itemized estimate. This jewelry is too expensive to be breaking and the repair cost are even more ridiculous so I have decided never to shop there again. Pandora has a new customer and Tiffany has lost a long time customer.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was cleaning out my Tupperware cabinet and found that the diamond had fallen out of my engagement ring. Thank goodness It was in there. I sent the setting and diamond to Tiffany's to have the prong fixed and diamond put back in. It took almost 2 months to get an estimate. Except they will NOT give me an itemized estimate. They said it is going to cost $2600 dollars to fix my ring, but they will not tell us why it costs so much. They said the setting needs to be rebuilt. The cost supposedly is considering my existing setting.

We have called and written multiple times asking for an itemized estimate… like what you get when you repair a car. Labor cost, materials cost and the amount they are giving me for my existing platinum setting. A new setting is $2600 so what is my old one worth? I am not replacing any diamonds and it is $2600??? Why are you not standing behind your product? Why is your customer service so lacking? We still have not received any information or a callback. Why won't you provide an itemized estimation for repairs??? What are you hiding? I am just sick over this.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My wife spent several thousand on Tiffany's jewelry. Faced with an amazing attitude when breaking the product. The second time the clasp is broken at the earrings for $ 7,000. The earring miracle was not lost. She fell into a scarf and we noticed it. The company said that the wife is guilty and misuses the clasp. How can I put the fastener on the pin wrong! And this happens a second time. Tiffany offered to buy a new one for $ 150. Why should I pay money, if it is clearly clear that this is a problem with the design of the fastener. I am outraged and advise not to buy Tiffany products.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My husband bought me an anniversary band (full circle of diamonds). In my opinion, the setting is defective. Over the years, I have lost numerous stones. Sometimes I have found them and have had them reset. On other occasions, I purchased a replacement diamond. I was losing diamonds so frequently that they eventually "rebuilt" my ring. Recently, I again lost another diamond. Tiffany is now saying that many of my diamonds are damaged and that I need to pay OVER $5,000 for the setting to be repaired and a replacement diamond. I am sure I can replace the entire ring (with unchipped diamonds) for close to that price. I do not perform heavy labor with this ring on, I cannot fathom why the hardest minerals on earth have so many chips (not visible to the naked eye)! My research seems to indicate it is due to the setting of the stones.

Tiffany & Co. Company Information