2.8/5 (69 ratings)

About Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I would have given 0 stars if I could. I own two of the Return to Tiffany Heart Tag Bead Bracelets, and have had issues with both bracelets, and even more issues dealing with the company for repairs. Both bracelets have broken at least once, but one bracelet has broken 3 times now. The first two times, I was willing to pay the fee to get the bracelets repaired. They informed me that if the bracelet broke again within a certain timeframe, they would repair or replace it for no charge. I got my one bracelet repaired in July 2021 because the chain snapped and needed to be repaired. I paid a pretty decent fee for that repair. Not even a year later, the heart tag fell off entirely out of nowhere (did not snag on my clothing, did not get pulled on, nothing.)

I brought the bracelet back to the store and informed them that I JUST got it repaired less than a year ago, and would like this one repaired. They told me it would be another $70-$75 to fix it again. I have now paid 3 separate times for just one bracelet to be fixed. Clearly the quality of the jewelry is absolutely awful, and I truly wish I had just thrown the bracelets away the first time they broke, because it would've saved me a lot more money. When the "manager" from the store called me, he said they often have people taking the bracelet in saying they found the loop that the heart tag is on is very flimsy and breaks easily.

They are refusing to fix this for me because "company policy" says they can't do that on their end. If their own employees are telling customers that the jewelry has flimsy or has poor quality parts, it's obviously not very good jewelry. You're better off to purchase jewelry from Walmart or Winners, because the quality and service is actually significantly better. My family has been purchasing jewelry from Tiffany for at least 15 years, but are completely appalled by this lack of care and customer service. Save your money and buy your jewelry from a company that actually cares about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I'm sure many people have noticed Tiffany's quality is not what it used to be years ago. If you have silver jewelry you bought from them in the past compare it to your recent purchases. I bought a beaded bracelet with the little heart charm in Tiffany's teal 4 years ago. Decided to purchase same bracelet with the pink heart charm this year. In the store, I did not notice a difference but once I got home and got the older bracelet out I was surprised by how light the new bracelet was compared to the older one. The beads are smaller on the newer one, mind you it is the same bracelet. So we are still paying the same high prices, price increases and we are getting less silver and lower quality. That bracelet was my last purchase from Tiffany's, truly their quality is not what it used to be.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Bought two T bands with diamonds in summer 2019 at Greenwich, CT store. Within 6 months most of the diamonds fell out of one of them. Emailed the saleslady - she told us store closed for COVID and that she would contact us when open. She did not. Emailed her again two months later - she did not answer. Stopped wearing the ring and forgot about it. Finally got around to returning ring in person in December, 2021. Salespeople accused us of the damage but took ring for 'repair estimate'.

Two months later store manager tells us that the ring is not repairable. She also claims that since we didn't return the ring within one year (although we tried to), that the warranty expired. Claims that we caused the diamonds to fall out because "they have never seen this before." So many issues - blame customer for defective ring, poor customer service and blame customer for lapse of warranty when customer has proof that she tried to return within 6 months. Advice - purchase luxury jewelry elsewhere until LVNH has a chance to revamp this business.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I have always purchased from Tiffany’s and with Covid-19, their stores being by appointment only and back and forth with customer service this is the worst experience I’ve had. The quality and customer service is not what it used to be. I supposedly spoke to a manager who only gave me her name as Tamu, didn’t want to provide her full name and she was so rude. She accused of the mesh bracelet being worn and scratched, when Tiffany’s had sent us the wrong size twice.

They made mistakes in not sending us the correct size (mind you the bracelet was too small and never fit) and then made accusations of the jewelry being worn and scratched. We were also accused of the bracelet being tarnished and correct me if I’m wrong but Tiffany’s jewelry always get tarnished, we always have to go get it clean. This supposedly manager was so rude and wouldn’t allow for me to speak to anyone else. They tons of notes and calls that I made regarding receiving the wrong size. The bracelet is beautiful, too bad it does not fit and too bad Tiffany has rude employees working there.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

It is terrible service I have encountered in the store at 68 West Colorado Blvd @ Pasadena, CA on 10/23/21. The staff called ** who served me treat me at nothing. I will need to pack the bracelet (return from Engraving Service) by myself and also when asked for the empty box. She claimed that this is exemption for this time as she said that we as the customer should get the box when we have make the payment. (The box actually has given back to the another lady when I send for the service.) This is my 1st time bought the item which costs me 1K in Tiffany & Co but end up deserved this kind of "Customer Service". I would not come back again!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

We bought a chain and personalized charm as a 16th birthday gift. Within two months of wearing it on and off, removing when sleeping and showering, the chain broke. We were asked to send it back for repair… received an email asking £50 and stating “ WORN, TARNISHED, SCRATCHED, CHAIN BROKEN“. For such an expensive item, I would expect better quality and certainly not being asked to pay when it is still under warranty! I was also been told no refund can be made on personalized items! Shocking! I will certainly NOT recommend buying a Tiffany… so sad for our daughter to have a gift she can’t wear!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

This is what almost $500 gets you when you go shopping for an anniversary gift at Tiffany & Co. These jade & gold earrings were 6 months old when fell apart. When I brought 'em back they asked me if the earrings had gotten wet? I asked the sales women if Tiffany & Co was selling costume jewelry as I had never seen good jewelry get destroyed when it got wet... They told me it would be no problem to fix, just leave the earrings and another $350 and they would take care of it for me!!! Now this was not the first piece I had ever bought from them, but it would sure be the last. In short, don't shop at this overpriced costume jewelry house.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

ABSOLUTELY APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE: I bought my daughter the Return to Tiffany® heart tag toggle bracelet for her 18th birthday, at the beginning of May. It kept falling off, because the bar was not long enough! One day, around Christmas time, it falls off yet again and the main link, that holds the bark just fell off! I rung Tiffany Customer services. The lady was very apologetic and helpful and told me I could either post it back to them for repair, OR return it to a store. I did not wish to risk putting it in the post, seemed one extra unnecessary risk (they post it back to you, that would be worrying enough). Anyway, she said there would be no problem returning it to the store and did not give any deadline.

During August we decided to take a trip to London (from South Wales) to return the bracelet - we decided to make a day of it and booked tickets for the Tower. This was the first opportunity we had, had since Covid restrictions made it possible. We went into the store in Westfield Shopping Centre, was kept waiting about 20 mins, only to be shocked by the Sales Assistant's attitude. She told us that they would repair it for £25!!!! Not a huge amount, I agree, but excuse me, my daughter had only worn the bracelet for about 5 months. She actually agreed that you could see there was no damage to the bracelet, it was just a clean break. But they didn't seem to see this was their problem. She did, supposedly, go to speak to the Manager twice, but still the answer was 'no'.

They changed their story, from £25 was always chargeable, to it would have been covered if it was under a year. I obviously spelt out for her, that it had been Covid and we hadn't been able to get it back, she said we could have come to the shop anytime. When I asked why Customer Services hadn't told me there was a timeframe, she got a bit flustered and said, the company's policy had changed, in the last few months, but didn't enlighten me as to how. I would have asked for the Manager to come out and see me, but we were likely to miss our time slot for the Tower and actually only did make it, with 1 min to spare!

I took the bracelet back home, got it repaired by a local jeweller Richard Llynfi, and for £50 he also made a larger bar, to stop the bracelet from falling off. Shoddy workmanship and even worse customer service. Are Tiffany able to just rely on the custom of high rolling celebrities and don't care about all the people who bought what they thought were iconic/sentimental pieces for their children who came of age during lockdown! I doubt their business suffered and you think such a large company would show more compassion, as people hadn't been able to visit the store! Not less! My husband has bought me a couple of Tiffany pieces and my daughter had her eye on a few more, for her 21st, etc, but never again!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Very bad products. Bought an expensive necklace for my wife bday. Necklace went black after 2nd wearing and we are not able to return or exchange it because 30 days passed even though first lady from customer service I spoke with was willing to take the return. Due to vacations we missed the 7 days window on shipping label so called again to request another label. Second lady I spoke with did not help at all and said they won't take it back or even exchange it. I am really surprised they are still in business. You can buy better jewelry in a convenience store. NEVER again

Original review: July 20, 2021

My husband bought me a necklace for my birthday. The chain broke within 30 days. I have a Tiffany store 15 mins from my house. I went on two separate occasions to try and get my chain fixed and was ignored both times as though I was invisible. No one would help me. So I opted to take care of the repair via Tiffany.com and filled out the form and paid to have it shipped to Tiffany in New York. I shipped via USPS with priority shipping which is tracked and insured. I put the broken chain and heart charm in the teal Tiffany box. I put the teal Tiffany box inside of a Ziploc bag. I put the Ziploc bag inside of the USPS box.

A week later I got an email from Tiffany indicating that they received my package and that they would repair the broken chain and replace the MISSING heart charm for $139. #1 The heart charm was never missing. It was most certainly included and secured in the packaging. #2 The cost of the necklace itself was less than $200 and now you want me to pay $139 to fix a broken chain and replace a heart charm that you clearly lost or confiscated? I don't think so. I will never do business with Tiffany again. Wal-Mart has better customer service than this.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Less than a year ago, I ordered and gave my daughter the 18" beaded chain in sterling silver. While I was clasping the necklace for her, the last bead that attaches the clasp to the rest of the necklace broke. I sent the necklace in to Tiffany and Co. for repair and was told that I would be charged $75 for the repair. Even though I purchased it less than a year ago, I was told to keep in mind that sterling silver is a soft metal and that the breakage is normal wear and tear. I was even told that it broke because it was "yanked," which is not true. My daughter is 17, was very careful with that necklace, and only wore it a handful of times on special occasions; it broke while I was clasping it for her! The quality (and service) is not what I expected from the Tiffany and Co. brand.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I received the infinity blue enamel bracelet for my birthday a year and a half ago. The top piece of the blue enamel piece fell off so I brought it to the Tiffany’s store to have it fixed. It was sent to New York and they emailed me a quote of $55. I processed payment with my credit card to just receive another email with another quote of $225! I called and spoke to them in person. I said this is poor quality and unacceptable for them to charge me this much where I might as well buy a new bracelet! The associate said she would talk to her manager then called me at a later time to say the charges are valid! I told them to send my bracelet back to me and I would never buy anything from them ever again! I went to the store to pick up my bracelet and told him the same thing! All they could say is “I’m sorry to hear that.”

I haven’t even worn it for two years yet and it fell apart already! I keep this piece and want to fix it simply because it has sentimental value to me since it was given to me by my dearest friend otherwise I would’ve thrown it in the trash! So buyers be aware! I own a few pieces of Tiffany’s jewelry but their quality has badly declined. I would not invest in this brand ever again.

Original review: March 14, 2021

During the summer I purchased a rose gold chain link bracelet that was 7,900.00 after taxes. Since I am super athletic every day, I only wore it on special occasions literally three times in 6 months. I noticed that the clasp was loose and that the interior two bars inside the clasp had a strange bend to them. After spending close to 8000.00, I was so upset. I called customer service to see if I could exchange it out, but they insisted on me sending it in for a repair and to be reviewed. I sent the bracelet in immediately, dated 3/1/2021. I have only received one email confirming they have received the item. There is zero communication and I have to be the one calling them about a returned item explaining to them that just fixing it ruins the authenticity of the very expensive 6 month old bracelet.

I explained that I wanted a replacement sent to me. They said that repairs and customer service would get back to me. They never did. They treat their customers like second class citizens, as if 8000.00 is just no big deal and that my purchase has no meaning to them. The snottiness to this company is alarming at best. I just can't believe the way they treat their high paying customers! I just wanted and hoped they would do the right thing, to this day 3/14/2021, not a word from them about how they are going to make this situation right for a customer! I was planning on buying another 18K gold chainlink bracelet like my Rose gold but since this experience, I will never purchase again from Tiffany! Order **.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Tiffany's will always be the gold and diamond standard! Tiffany solitaire diamond rings without a doubt sparkly more than any other diamond, and the evidence can be seen with the naked eye by comparing a Tiffany diamond against a non-Tiffany diamond of the same cut, color, and clarity. Who doesn't want the most sparkly diamond ring?!?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

The silver tarnishes faster than any other silver. The company promised to clean jewelry. Now it is charging $35/piece of jewelry to clean their crappy jewelry. When this was brought to their attention, they said it is fair market value. Their silver is overpriced crap and to charge us to clean it is ridiculous.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Not impressed. Stopped by today to have my mesh ring serviced. One small mesh area is raised, clearly a defect. I was informed it is a $100 charge. That seems like terrible customer service. Your jewelry shouldn’t do this with normal wear. Sad to say goodbye.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I paid way too much for a graduation present for my daughter. The Tiffany green enamel necklace. One year later it looks dark brown and there is no way to clean it. It is permanently dark brown. Tiffany and Co will not fix or replace it. What a disappointment. What a waste of money.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I began shopping online for a graduation gift for my daughter on 5/6, but a very large number of items (everything I liked) were out-of-stock. I gave them a pass because of the virus and settled on a toggle bracelet, size M, with a gift message. I ordered it on 5/7 and I expected It to take longer due to virus, but didn't think it would take 12 days days to throw an in-stock item into a box and mail within US. For the entire 12 days, I returned to the site to check the progress and it always said "processing." I decided to give it a few days before I called because I figured they were short staffed. On 5/19 (two days after the graduation), it still said "processing" on the site. I was getting ready to call when Fed-Ex pulled up with it.

My daughter ran outside when I told her it was for her and was overjoyed when she saw the Tiffany box (her first). There was a gift card inside that was supposed to have a sweet message from me, but it was blank. She went to put the bracelet on her normal-sized wrist (not overweight, smaller wrist than most of her friends) and it was too small to even clasp (obviously a small).

None of this is the end of the world, but when you're charging for the Tiffany's name and experience (bracelet alone is definitely not worth the price), you should deliver on that. Instead, my kid got a bracelet that didn't fit, two days after she already graduated, with no special card. We sent the bracelet back today and she has decided on a necklace instead. Hopefully the next transaction is better.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I purchased the tag bracelet and choker necklace. I really think that for the price you should be able to get it engraved for free. The fact you can drop it off to have it polished mad clean is a great plus. You will not be disappointed with these items!

Original review: April 17, 2020

Years of Excellence, quality, tradition, reputation that is known the world over. Tiffany and Co. is a household name, they have everything from A to Z in terms of anything. The class of this firm beats even Cartier, again the biggest selling point is the years of experience and reputation and not forgetting the Brand.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Buying diamonds is usually a nerve wracking experience for most guys. Tiffany & Co. makes the process painless and you trust this reputable company. They also have gifts for every budget. Believe guys when girl see that little teal box..it doesn't really matter what's inside. She knows you bought the best diamonds you can afford.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I was very happy with Tiffany and Co.. I purchased a heart pendant and love it.. I have bought jewelry from other companies and the quality is nothing like Tiffany... The warranty of their products are best I have seen.

Original review: April 11, 2020

It is a virtual shopping experience if that counts. Lovely selection and quality. If for me, I would say too costly but having lived in NJ and visited NY, do remember passing their beautiful store if that counts. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Tiffany Jewelers is one of the best in Portland Oregon. The quality of their mind stones to variety of selections. I love all their selections. The customer service is great. Everything about Tiffany's is excellent.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Best experience~ even for a small gift~religious/special occasion/gift/baby~ they really knock the experience out of the ballpark. Beautiful stores and wonderfully appointed! It's a very special experience!

Original review: April 8, 2020

Beautifully crafted jewelry, the likes of which is otherwise unseen in this part of the world. Fairly priced for the quality and customer service is slightly rude but it just makes the products seem more exclusive.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Love my ring so much, they were just awesome. The ring is elegant and I never felt like I wasn't being helped enough or my answers were just not being met. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to make a purchase, however with speaking to the associate and looking online at different prices of jewelry I narrowed down to 3 item and found my ring. The price was good and I bought it.

Original review: April 5, 2020

This is a wonderful jewelry store! Wonderful salesman. Excellent customer service. I will refer them to a friend for sure. They have some very beautiful jewelry. I got my aunt some beautiful necklaces from there.

Original review: March 5, 2020

If I could give this company 0 stars, I would. I have used Tiffany for 15 years for gift giving. For my 10th anniversary, I wanted to get my wife a necklace that she loved. Within one month of receiving the necklace, the chain broke. Both of us were very disappointed. We contacted Tiffany expecting that they would just replace or fix the chain (or part of the chain) so that all could be fine again. This would have been an easy fix. We had all the parts and sent them back to the company. Here is the part I can't understand. The company sent us a bill for over $80 to repair the broken chain. There was no contact or major snag that caused it to break. The chain was faulty. On what planet would a customer service department lose a customer over such a ridiculous error? My special 10 year anniversary present is useless. The money spent was wasted. I will never use their service again and will do my best to encourage others to do the same.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I brought my wedding ring which is the platinum + gold, which cost me $2000+, after 6 years, I found my ring bend into elliptic shape. I bring my ring to the store in Pitt Street at Sydney and I be told it not a quality issue, the reason they try to convince me is that they can't use their fingers to bend the ring. I also found that the customer service team not listen to their customers, because I be told they need a special assessment to find whether it's a quality issue, so I ask they do the assessment and tell me why my ring can be bend so serious, because it's platinum, which is the most hard metal, and my never did heavy lifting, but the only feedback I got from there is I need to pay $80 to reshape it back. I very disappointing about Tiffany. Quality has lost its standard which mean to be the best in the world.

Tiffany & Co. Company Information