Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.36/5

82 Tiffany & Co. Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I have purchased from the website several times, and every time an item is out of stock it says out of stock online and put in my email to be notified. So, today, I went to order and it went through, got a confirmation number etc... Then ten minutes later I get an email saying it is out of stock online and it will be shipping from another store. It was a pretty expensive item, at least by my budget. I would have preferred they let me know if it was out of stock. Now I don't know where my item is even shipping from.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I purchased a Paloma Picasso cocktail ring a couple of years ago. After wearing it a couple of times, the gold caught in my dress and came away from the stone. I flattened it back down and just thought that the gold was really soft. I wore the ring on very rare occasions. Recently I sent two cuffs to Tiffany to have them polished, and I thought I'd send the ring as well. I got a bill for over $500 - not even itemized. I had to contact them three times before I got an itemized bill. I said I thought the ring was defective, because the prongs are pretty loose. They said it was wear and tear.

So... I want my cuffs back and I need them cleaning, so I will pay the $230 they want for the pleasure of doing that. I'm not paying for the ring. Appalled at their lack of customer care and belligerent attitude. I believe the ring has a design flaw, but they just said "wear and tear" and no negotiation. I will NEVER purchase another product from them again. They are overpriced anyway, but you are paying for the cachet of the Tiffany name. With customer service like this, they have lost their exclusivity in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I’m giving one star because zero is not an option. My fiancé bought me a Tiffany and Co engagement ring earlier this year. I had been wearing the ring for less than three months before the platinum prongs twisted and the diamond fell out, resulting in the loss of the diamond. After sending the ring to Tiffany consultants, it was founded the ring was not originally defective, therefore not their problem. I am not a welder or mechanic or do anything that should seriously damage such a “well-crafted” ring.

To make matters more insulting, my fiancé is in the military and has sent me a piece of Tiffany jewelry throughout his various deployments. He used a very good chunk of the money earned from his last deployment overseas to purchase my ring. He literally risked his life to purchase their product and it doesn’t last longer than three months. The company as a whole is an absolute nightmare to deal with - insulting, infuriating and ultimately heartbreaking. They do not stand behind their product or their loyal customers. I will never in my life purchase another Tiffany product and have told everyone I interact with to do the same. Save your hard earned money and support a company who stands behind their customers and values your business.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I recently ordered a necklace for my wife on the Tiffany & CO. website as a Christmas present. I received my order confirming the items were processed and would be shipped out. However the next morning my card was charged an additional 50 dollars??? So I called my bank and was told that Tiffany's had ran my card for a second time. So I called the customer service department and that was a joke, no one not even a manager could help me. He eventually told me that if they can't fill an online order they sub it out to a store location and that's why they charged a "smaller" amount again. (Sounds like stealing to me.) So he didn't even let me reply before putting me on hold and transferring me to the store that filled the order.

I was then told by a department manager that they couldn't see the charges on there and told me it would take 3-5 business days to get a response from their credit department. Ahhhh it's such a disaster especially at Christmas time. I'm not a wealthy person and 50 dollars to me is a lot so for a company as reputable as Tiffany's is supposed to be this sure makes me a 1 time customer. Oh and it's already a day later that it said it would be to get here so I'm sure this is going to be fun.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I've purchased several products from Tiffany. Everything I have ever bought has broken and they don't give you an itemized estimate. This jewelry is too expensive to be breaking and the repair cost are even more ridiculous so I have decided never to shop there again. Pandora has a new customer and Tiffany has lost a long time customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was cleaning out my Tupperware cabinet and found that the diamond had fallen out of my engagement ring. Thank goodness It was in there. I sent the setting and diamond to Tiffany's to have the prong fixed and diamond put back in. It took almost 2 months to get an estimate. Except they will NOT give me an itemized estimate. They said it is going to cost $2600 dollars to fix my ring, but they will not tell us why it costs so much. They said the setting needs to be rebuilt. The cost supposedly is considering my existing setting.

We have called and written multiple times asking for an itemized estimate… like what you get when you repair a car. Labor cost, materials cost and the amount they are giving me for my existing platinum setting. A new setting is $2600 so what is my old one worth? I am not replacing any diamonds and it is $2600??? Why are you not standing behind your product? Why is your customer service so lacking? We still have not received any information or a callback. Why won't you provide an itemized estimation for repairs??? What are you hiding? I am just sick over this.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My wife spent several thousand on Tiffany's jewelry. Faced with an amazing attitude when breaking the product. The second time the clasp is broken at the earrings for $ 7,000. The earring miracle was not lost. She fell into a scarf and we noticed it. The company said that the wife is guilty and misuses the clasp. How can I put the fastener on the pin wrong! And this happens a second time. Tiffany offered to buy a new one for $ 150. Why should I pay money, if it is clearly clear that this is a problem with the design of the fastener. I am outraged and advise not to buy Tiffany products.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My husband bought me an anniversary band (full circle of diamonds). In my opinion, the setting is defective. Over the years, I have lost numerous stones. Sometimes I have found them and have had them reset. On other occasions, I purchased a replacement diamond. I was losing diamonds so frequently that they eventually "rebuilt" my ring. Recently, I again lost another diamond. Tiffany is now saying that many of my diamonds are damaged and that I need to pay OVER $5,000 for the setting to be repaired and a replacement diamond. I am sure I can replace the entire ring (with unchipped diamonds) for close to that price. I do not perform heavy labor with this ring on, I cannot fathom why the hardest minerals on earth have so many chips (not visible to the naked eye)! My research seems to indicate it is due to the setting of the stones.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We had the most pleasant experience buying wedding bands at the Naples Florida location. The customer service was excellent and after being in a dozen other jewelers who just wanted to upsell us, the minute we walked in we knew this was the right fit. The employee spent many days going over different options and couldn't have been more patient. Every other place just felt cheap in comparison. You can see where their great reputation has come from. Will definitely buy more in the future.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Around noon on July 10th, we visited the Tiffany store on Newbury St. and wanted to have our rings cleaned as we usually do at the New York store, but left very disappointed with the customer service we received. The salesperson was on her phone and when asked if she could help us with our rings she embarrassingly dismissed us and designated another salesperson to do it (who was kind enough to take care of us). This was our first visit to the store and put us off from buying anything at the moment, although my husband was more than willing to. We have received finer customer service at Cartier where we ended up buying a necklace instead.

Tiffany & Co. Company Information