3.9/5 (230 ratings)

About Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Tiffany's will always be the gold and diamond standard! Tiffany solitaire diamond rings without a doubt sparkly more than any other diamond, and the evidence can be seen with the naked eye by comparing a Tiffany diamond against a non-Tiffany diamond of the same cut, color, and clarity. Who doesn't want the most sparkly diamond ring?!?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

The silver tarnishes faster than any other silver. The company promised to clean jewelry. Now it is charging $35/piece of jewelry to clean their crappy jewelry. When this was brought to their attention, they said it is fair market value. Their silver is overpriced crap and to charge us to clean it is ridiculous.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Not impressed. Stopped by today to have my mesh ring serviced. One small mesh area is raised, clearly a defect. I was informed it is a $100 charge. That seems like terrible customer service. Your jewelry shouldn’t do this with normal wear. Sad to say goodbye.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I paid way too much for a graduation present for my daughter. The Tiffany green enamel necklace. One year later it looks dark brown and there is no way to clean it. It is permanently dark brown. Tiffany and Co will not fix or replace it. What a disappointment. What a waste of money.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I began shopping online for a graduation gift for my daughter on 5/6, but a very large number of items (everything I liked) were out-of-stock. I gave them a pass because of the virus and settled on a toggle bracelet, size M, with a gift message. I ordered it on 5/7 and I expected It to take longer due to virus, but didn't think it would take 12 days days to throw an in-stock item into a box and mail within US. For the entire 12 days, I returned to the site to check the progress and it always said "processing." I decided to give it a few days before I called because I figured they were short staffed. On 5/19 (two days after the graduation), it still said "processing" on the site. I was getting ready to call when Fed-Ex pulled up with it.

My daughter ran outside when I told her it was for her and was overjoyed when she saw the Tiffany box (her first). There was a gift card inside that was supposed to have a sweet message from me, but it was blank. She went to put the bracelet on her normal-sized wrist (not overweight, smaller wrist than most of her friends) and it was too small to even clasp (obviously a small).

None of this is the end of the world, but when you're charging for the Tiffany's name and experience (bracelet alone is definitely not worth the price), you should deliver on that. Instead, my kid got a bracelet that didn't fit, two days after she already graduated, with no special card. We sent the bracelet back today and she has decided on a necklace instead. Hopefully the next transaction is better.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I purchased the tag bracelet and choker necklace. I really think that for the price you should be able to get it engraved for free. The fact you can drop it off to have it polished mad clean is a great plus. You will not be disappointed with these items!

Original review: April 17, 2020

Years of Excellence, quality, tradition, reputation that is known the world over. Tiffany and Co. is a household name, they have everything from A to Z in terms of anything. The class of this firm beats even Cartier, again the biggest selling point is the years of experience and reputation and not forgetting the Brand.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Buying diamonds is usually a nerve wracking experience for most guys. Tiffany & Co. makes the process painless and you trust this reputable company. They also have gifts for every budget. Believe guys when girl see that little teal box..it doesn't really matter what's inside. She knows you bought the best diamonds you can afford.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I was very happy with Tiffany and Co.. I purchased a heart pendant and love it.. I have bought jewelry from other companies and the quality is nothing like Tiffany... The warranty of their products are best I have seen.

Original review: April 11, 2020

It is a virtual shopping experience if that counts. Lovely selection and quality. If for me, I would say too costly but having lived in NJ and visited NY, do remember passing their beautiful store if that counts. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Tiffany Jewelers is one of the best in Portland Oregon. The quality of their mind stones to variety of selections. I love all their selections. The customer service is great. Everything about Tiffany's is excellent.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Best experience~ even for a small gift~religious/special occasion/gift/baby~ they really knock the experience out of the ballpark. Beautiful stores and wonderfully appointed! It's a very special experience!

Original review: April 8, 2020

Beautifully crafted jewelry, the likes of which is otherwise unseen in this part of the world. Fairly priced for the quality and customer service is slightly rude but it just makes the products seem more exclusive.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Love my ring so much, they were just awesome. The ring is elegant and I never felt like I wasn't being helped enough or my answers were just not being met. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to make a purchase, however with speaking to the associate and looking online at different prices of jewelry I narrowed down to 3 item and found my ring. The price was good and I bought it.

Original review: April 5, 2020

This is a wonderful jewelry store! Wonderful salesman. Excellent customer service. I will refer them to a friend for sure. They have some very beautiful jewelry. I got my aunt some beautiful necklaces from there.

Original review: March 5, 2020

If I could give this company 0 stars, I would. I have used Tiffany for 15 years for gift giving. For my 10th anniversary, I wanted to get my wife a necklace that she loved. Within one month of receiving the necklace, the chain broke. Both of us were very disappointed. We contacted Tiffany expecting that they would just replace or fix the chain (or part of the chain) so that all could be fine again. This would have been an easy fix. We had all the parts and sent them back to the company. Here is the part I can't understand. The company sent us a bill for over $80 to repair the broken chain. There was no contact or major snag that caused it to break. The chain was faulty. On what planet would a customer service department lose a customer over such a ridiculous error? My special 10 year anniversary present is useless. The money spent was wasted. I will never use their service again and will do my best to encourage others to do the same.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I brought my wedding ring which is the platinum + gold, which cost me $2000+, after 6 years, I found my ring bend into elliptic shape. I bring my ring to the store in Pitt Street at Sydney and I be told it not a quality issue, the reason they try to convince me is that they can't use their fingers to bend the ring. I also found that the customer service team not listen to their customers, because I be told they need a special assessment to find whether it's a quality issue, so I ask they do the assessment and tell me why my ring can be bend so serious, because it's platinum, which is the most hard metal, and my never did heavy lifting, but the only feedback I got from there is I need to pay $80 to reshape it back. I very disappointing about Tiffany. Quality has lost its standard which mean to be the best in the world.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We bought the Elsa Peretti wedding band last year and I've only wore it for like a total of 4-5 months before one of the diamonds became tilted in the setting. We brought the ring back to the store and they sent it to their repair facility in NY for an estimate. The estimate came back to be like 1/3 of the price of the ring and they said they need to rebuild all the setting and refused to fix that one tilted diamond by itself. Please help me understand why rebuilding all the setting is necessary when only one of them is tilted?!

Also they said the ring was worn with an engagement ring so it's worn out and they won't fix the ring for free. Nowhere on your website or product description did you EVER mention the wedding band CANNOT be worn with an engagement ring, in fact, it is pretty much tradition to wear both together, so why is this even an excuse??? OH AND, they charge 50$ for cleaning the ring when on the website and in store they said cleaning is free. Lol. Honestly if you want to buy Tiffany's and deal with this level of customer service then it's on you, but DON'T, JUST DON'T.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Over the past 4 years I have purchased a charm each year for my wife at Christmas time to go with the Tiffany bracelet that was first purchased. Their individual charms are very pricey and range from approximately $200-$500 per individual charm. Although a "link" was supplied in the past so the charm could be connected to the bracelet, they now want to charge $20 for this simple small chain link! I wrote them but received no response. I also called them but received the "I'm sorry, we charge for the link that is used to connect the charm to the bracelet". In that $1.000+ has been spent on this bracelet and charms, a link should be provided at no cost. This is like selling a home appliance but requiring a customer to buy an electrical cord so it can be plugged into the outlet!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I bought many Tiffany’s jewelry and one of the last purchase was a pair of white gold earrings with diamonds. After one year I lost one of them while putting on clothes and I had to rebuy it: it cost me more than the first time I bought them because, they told me, the market price was higher. After about 3 months I lost AGAIN one earring (and I luckily found it) in the middle of the street while trying to wear a scarf. Then I found out that the problem is that the little stick on the back of the earring is NOT STANDARD but shorter and that’s why I keep losing it!

I wanted to report that to Tiffany but they don’t care, of course. If you want to change the measurements of the stick you have to pay. I decide to insure them and I asked to have a value certificate and Tiffany ASKED ME $100 to have it and 4 WEEKS WAITING TIME!!!! Are you kidding me? I got my Cartier certificate in 2 minutes for nothing, same with Jaeger LeCoultre and other BIG AND SERIOUS brands!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I dropped off an inexpensive gold ring I purchased less than a year ago to send off for repair. A week later I received the estimate. $220 to repair a $1000 ring. The ring is 10 month old stackable and hadn’t even been worn everyday. It appears that the wrap around accent piece was glued on and it came apart. What was worse was I emailed customer service a week ago. Still no reply. I called and was told someone would get back to me today. They didn’t. I called again and they said someone would get back to me Monday. We will see.

Basically I just said it was under a year old and broke already and if not covered by warranty then just send back. Please just have the decency to let me know and stop wasting my time having to pursue this even further. I’m surprised actually by the cheap quality as I have a few other pieces from them that haven’t had any issue at all. But given the fact that I’m not even worthy of a response I will continue to buy Cartier and Van Cleef from now on as they actually care about their customers plus have superior quality.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

My boyfriend bought me a silver double chain infinity necklace w/ enamel. After wearing it a few times it turned black and tarnished. I took it back to the Manhasset store to exchange it for the gold version ($600 more). They refused any exchanges because it had been 3 mos since the purchase date. They then cleaned it for me. The rude saleswoman handed me the necklace and it looked exactly the same. I asked to speak to the manager who told me it tarnished because it reacts w/ my skin with normal wear. I told her I only wore it a few times. She then changed her excuse to say maybe I wasn’t wearing it enough and if it is left in a jewelry box and not taken out it would also tarnish (I can’t even explain my anger at this point), Rude is an understatement. They speak to you with a phony smile as they tell you a ** excuse. There is no quality at Tiffany. It looked like I bought the necklace at a drugstore, I hope they go out of business.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I recently sent a diamond wedding band to Tiffany & Co to be professionally cleaned and serviced, and a diamond engagement ring to be professionally cleaned and serviced as well as resized. They told me to expect a 10-day evaluation period, then a 2-week work period. I had to pay for the cleaning & servicing (about $200 each), but resizing was free as with all T&Co engagement rings. It all went smoothly and as expected, exactly according to the timeline they gave me.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

A few years ago, my spouse bought for me a pair of 18k gold earrings. A month ago, when I took them off one evening, a piece had fallen off. I wrote customer service and they said to send in for evaluation. They evaluated that it would be $687 to repair. My response was that I expected these earrings to last a lifetime, not fall apart. They wrote back that their warranty for workmanship was one year. The spouse has bought me probably 15 items over the last 20 years. I told him to not buy me any more items from Tiffany's. I find their items beautiful, but I don't want to have anything from a company that doesn't stand behind their product.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I received a infinite bracelet as a matron of honor gift. It was beautiful and I was so happy with it as I would never spend money like this on myself. Sadly it broke, fell off and was lost forever shortly after I received it. I was heart broken. In an attempt to hide the fact that my beautiful gift was lost, my husband re-ordered the same bracelet from a re-seller (as we could never afford this full price item, $225 for a simple bracelet). A few weeks have passed and this new bracelet BROKE AND FELL OFF to be lost forever AGAIN. Two different products and they both broke and fell off. I called customer support and nothing was done.

They said they didn't have a lost and found policy but they were looking into using a different vendor, so clearly they have found problems with their current products and continue to sell them... I am so absolutely disappointed. This brand is supposed to be one of the best. Clearly it is A COMPLETE SCAM. I am so disgusted and will never support this brand again, who sells crappy and low quality items for hundreds and thousands of dollars. Will be reviewing the company wherever I can so others don't get screwed.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

My boyfriend bought me a pretty Tiffany necklace as my birthday gift. After wearing for three months it got dark (because it's silver) and I bring it to the store and ask for a free cleaning. The staff is terrific and took my necklace and few days later when I picked it up, the overall enamel was much less than the original. What's worse is that on one side the enamel is eroded.

Of course I was unsatisfied and told him to re-do it. After three weeks (they told me I should receive it in 2 weeks but apparently not), I received a UPS package and the necklace looks like this. (The picture with black dots) I was so pissed. I tried to wipe those off and some of them did disappear but I couldn't clear it thoroughly. Also the enamel is even less. I called the customer service and the representative told me this necklace should be in good condition because it PASSED the standard test. So are they blind so they couldn't see those dust and wrapped it up and just sent it to me?? My first jewelry is Tiffany so I have a special feelings for it. But I'm very disappointed right now and an advise to you is that never send it to repair. They're not reliable and irresponsible. But I still like the design though.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Scared of getting ripped off? Don’t want to waste your money? Don't purchase jewelry from Tiffany.co.uk. I spent £3000 on a band of hearts Diamond ring for my wedding in 2014. The ring was placed on my finger for the first time on 3 May 2014. After a year of wearing the ring, I noticed that one of the diamond was slightly raised. We took the ring to a Tiffany store and had someone take a look. The ring was inspected at the store and we were told that the ring was fine and the diamonds would never fall out as they were placed correctly in position.

The ring has always been covered with gloves when carrying out any nursing tasks at my place of work and removed when washing hands along with my engagement ring. However, my engagement ring that was purchased from HM Samuel for £2600 in 2012 remains in perfect condition with all stones perfectly in place, but my Tiffany wedding ring has distorted in shape and approx 5 diamonds have fallen out. Tiffany customer services state that I should have taken the ring in for inspection every year for a service. Why was I not informed about this at the time of purchase? Or when I took the ring into the store to be inspected when I noticed that one of the diamonds was slightly raised? The lovely blue box the ring arrived in may have been good quality but the ring itself definitely was not!! A wedding ring should be expected to last more than 4 years.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have a silver flask from Tiffany. It cost $2000. It leaked from the day I got it. It leaked all over the top of my custom made wooden bar in my basement. I had to have the top of the bar refinished. I took the item to Tiffany where the Customer Service representative was very polite and took my flask. Three weeks later they told me they would not fix it unless I gave them $156. Pretty poor response since it was a defective product. The customer service team was rather surely in their responses to me. I guess I will shop at David Yurman from now on.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

My husband purchased a Baume Mercier gold watch for me 16 years ago. At that time I was told it came with a lifetime of free watch batteries. Today I was told the company changed its policy 9 months ago and even though they have the tools and batteries, they would not change it. I am very disappointed with Tiffany and Co and will never buy anymore jewelry from them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I sent my Tiffany Atlas watch to have the battery replaced, it was suppose to take 10 days. After 3 weeks and me calling them they told me the following repairs needed to be made: The oil in the watch had dried out and it needed a new movement and a gasket replaced as well as the battery. It also needed a new watch band. For this they wanted to charge $750.00. I told them to send it back and not do the repairs and took it to our local watch repair. My watch needed a new battery and band, they charged me $34.00. I told him what Tiffany's said: First off the oil does not dry out, the system is sealed and the oil lasts for life. He said the condition of my watch was great! He said and I agree it's a shame when a famous maker does these kinds of things. Well it's a big advertising budget and store overhead that Tiffany's has, guess they have to make their overhead somehow. Will not buy any Tiffany product again!

Tiffany & Co. Company Information