3.8/5 (102 ratings)

About Swarovski

Swarovski Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swarovski?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swarovski?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I ordered a necklace on December 24, 2020 at 10:pm from their online site. On the 25th the necklace was 50% off which equaled a $50 difference. Called their company on the 26th and asked for a credit and they said their system would not let them do that and to just return it and order a new one. This is a retirement present sent directly to a friend so I can't exactly do that. Plus their site says you would have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for the return credit and in the meantime I would have to purchase another one at the sale price and with what I read on BBB, several people have had trouble returning and getting a credit.

I should have checked with BBB first because they have an F rating. I have ordered things in a store or online before and the product has gone on sale and I was able to immediately receive a discount. Anthropologie, Ruggable and Uashmama were three companies that were kind enough to do that and those all had a longer time between purchase and sale time. Swarovski was a 2 hour difference since the sale started Dec. 25th and I placed the order late December 24.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

My birthday was July 13th. All I wanted was to get a wedding band for myself since I plan to marry my fiance in the upcoming months. I had my heart set on a band online. Since it was my birthday, I had a 15% off coupon to use. I put the ring in my cart and went to check out only to find out that the code somehow didn't work for that ring. I contacted customer service (via the chat online) and she stated she couldn't get it to work, but it should as it's a regular priced item. She then told me she would email me a new code! It's now August 13th and I still haven't gotten a code from the customer service centre. I will never buy from this place based on this experience. I'll take my business elsewhere from now on.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I have been trying to purchase an item online on www.swarovski.com. Three times they have sent me emails stating the item is in stock. Three times I have ordered this item. Three times my order has been cancelled. This was for a birthday gift so now I have no gift to give. I am so frustrated with this company. I did not expect this from Swarovski. Also, I contacted via live chat twice concerning my 15% Birthday Coupon. I was assured by both CSR's, it would be in my email on my birthday. My birthday has come and gone and no coupon. I would not purchase from them again.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Worst customer service. I have 2 refund cases ** and ** May 19 and never show up. Called 6 times (2 hours each time) and Emailed 5 times without response. Cases were even closed without action and notification. Have to open a new case ** for these 2 old cases. Very disappointed! No credit at all! Think again and again when you want to purchase something here.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I ordered a pair of earrings from Swarovski back on April 17. It is now 5/12, nothing has been shipped, no updates were given, no email response back to my 3 emails. But my credit card was charged on 4/20. The worst company for customer service ever. Now I don’t even want the earrings anymore, but I can’t get a hold of anyone on any platform to cancel this order or even just to check on its status.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I was placing an order which kept getting cancelled for some reason. I wrote an email but the customer service never got back to me. I contacted the live chat, the person on the other end was not helpful at all and kept saying that there is no information he could provide. I tried to contact them at the number that comes with their automated response, which no one ever seems to answer. This is probably the worst customer service encounter I have ever had.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

On November 15, 2019 I purchased an engagement ring from the Swarovski store in the Altamonte mall in Altamonte Springs, Florida. I made it clear that it was an engagement ring but they never told me they have a 14 day return policy. ONLY 14 days. Something they should have made clear knowing I was getting it to propose when I felt the time was right. Not to mention I wouldn't have known that until I had already purchased it. They went over all the other policies and warranties but never mentioned the return AT ALL.

After proposing 2 months later the ring did not fit her. We took it back for a refund as it is the smallest size they have so an exchange wouldn't do anything anyway. The ring is in perfect condition, never worn (only tried on to see it didn't fit). I have the receipt, I have everything I would need to be able to get a refund with any other store in this country but Swarovski refuses. They claim they can't override the policy in their system. They also claim nobody higher up is also able to simply override the policy in this circumstance and give me a refund for their expensive product I purchased which is in brand new condition with my receipt.

We kept getting run around and it was a nightmare and we are still stuck with the ring and no way of getting a refund from them. One of their excuses is that it is an Austrian based company. But with the stores being here in the USA they should be following our laws and business practices over here. She also stated that if I was trying to return it because my fiance had died there may be something they could do. I know there is something they can do just like every company but they just refuse.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

My cousin bought me a pair of pearl/ crystal earrings as a bridesmaid present. A couple months after the wedding the pearl came detached from the earring. I even got it replaced but it broke again so I can no longer wear the earrings. Then my boyfriend bought me a crystal ring for Christmas 2018 and literally a chunk of half the crystals just fell off the ring this morning. I will no longer be buying from Swarovski, their products are so cheap. Do not buy jewelry from here. It's not good quality.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

DO NOT, and I say that loudly order anything from this website. I ordered a bracelet from them next day air, it has now been 5 business days and no bracelet. I have called many times and have been placed on hold for over 30 minutes each time. They claim to have a live chat, hilarious no-one live to chat with?? I have also sent 3 customer service emails, response I get is to call the number which no-one seems to answer. I have been charged for the bracelet, yet still no bracelet. It's almost like there is no-one in customer service! I wish I had read the reviews on this company before I became enticed with their jewelry, also apparently there are no returns unless it is damaged? Horrible company, now let's hope my bracelet arrives.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

My mother and I visited this store over Boxing and and left humiliated and discriminated against. We stepped into the store with no clear idea of what to purchase, so one of the employees handed us a catalogue. As my mother was looking thru to pick a pair of earrings, a sales lady arrogantly stole the book and told us that the books are not meant for customers. Later we were humiliated by another sales lady insinuating that we were about to commit theft. We left the store disappointed and with bad taste. I believe one of the sales lady is Simran. Please avoid this store and spare yourself the disappointment.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I recently went to the new Swarovski which opened in my area. I purchased a ring there which after a few days of wearing it, it was rough on my finger and kept snagging on my clothing. I unfortunately didn't read the fine print on the receipt as they ask for you to return their items in the original box. I returned to the same store and asked for an exchange for another ring. I had bought my daughter a ring as well so I used her box to return the item with my receipt and the ring. The sales person said they could not return or exchange the ring because it was not returned in the original box. The salesperson said they could not return or exchange it because they could not resell the item since I didn't have the original box. The original box literally had a sticker on it which could have be printed out and stuck on the same box. A multi-million dollar business that can't return or exchange a ring because they won't print out a simple sticker to place on a box.

It's a ludicrous return policy, since when can you not return and item with a valid receipt, a box and the item. I won't ever be shopping there again. Maybe they should give their customers a verbal warning if they would like to ever exchange or be refunded an item to keep the original box! If I could give them minus stars I would!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Had I realized that Swarovski has such despicable reviews, I never would have recommended my husband buy me a tennis necklace for a milestone celebration. I loved it until the crystals start falling out. After the first repair of 4 missing crystals, yet after a embarrassing grilling to try to prove that it was my fault, I continued to wear it often with my business work attire. After a few more crystals fell out and discoloration of other crystals, I was subjected to more grilling. Swarovski ultimately refused to repair my necklace because of "wear and tear."

I offered to pay $200.00 for the repair as it was a heartfelt gift from my husband. BRIGIT (Manager at Mapleview Mall in Burlington) told me that the company "simply does not want to repair your necklace" and that I should be happy that I got the wear I did from it "SINCE IT IS ONLY COSTUME JEWELRY." I then offered to buy a new tennis necklace and asked if I could have some type of discount as a repeat customer. Brigit told me that discounts are only given with bulk purchases. SHE THEN DISCLOSED THAT SWAROVSKI IS SERIOUSLY THINKING TO HAVE NO REPAIR SERVICE IN THE FUTURE. Needless to say, I am sharing this information loudly to anyone who will listen. Buyers need to be aware of Swarovski's unethical business practices!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Bought a pair of earrings for my wife which unfortunately she didn’t like and wanted to exchange. Returned to the shop less than 7 days with earrings in original plastic packaging, assistant in store was helpful but called manager (Hazlina) who said no exchange - company policy. Would not listen to my pleas that still in plastic and unopened. Very disappointing experience, last time I shop at Swarovski. Avoid buying if chance you will need to exchange.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Updated on 12/09/2019: UPDATE: I have been emailing pictures of damaged goods since Nov. 16. I have sent 12 emails. I have NOT received any response. This company sure has changed. They used to be so reliable, trusted and eager to please customers. NO MORE. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON ANYTHING MADE BY SWAROVSKI.

UPDATE: Swarovski did reach out to me a week ago asking for pictures so their repair dept could review. I immediately sent them pictures. No reply. Nothing. Nada. I have been sending the same pictures twice a day since And have not heard back. The figures are collectibles. Why collect if they can no longer be repaired at a reasonable price?

Original Review: I have a collection (24) of old Crystal Living figures purchased over 30 years with came with a LIFETIME GUARANTEE to repair. Today I brought in 3 pieces to be repaired to a store. I also have began collections for 3 granddaughters. Total purchased, over 40! The 3 pieces damaged are more than 20 years old. Some of the attachments just fell off. Clean. I was told $55 to repair EACH piece. I don’t mind paying a service fee, but to pay for each piece separately? Now you would think I would be in their computer right? But, they had an upgrade and I disappeared. Vanished. Gone.

So you ask, why didn’t I save the original gray round boxes and receipts? About 15 years ago New England experienced record rain with week long power outages. Our home flooded and the boxes were ruined and thrown out. Also, what happened to my LIFETIME warranty? I realize policies change, but, these were purchased BEFORE the change. Years before. My point, it is not worth paying $125-250 each and then pay another $55 per piece when they fall apart over time, and believe me, after years they just drop attachments. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER ITEM FROM THEM AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I bought a watch and then it started discolouring after 13 months and the warranty department is telling, "We dont cover for strap." Even the dial part started discolouring. They dont have any answer for that. Please dont buy any products from them. They are horrible. Worst service and worst watch.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

To support a friend, I purchased a necklace at a home sale for a considerable amount of money and it broke after two wears. I attempted to contact the salesperson, who supplied the wrong e-mail address. After 3 months, I finally spoke to her about a replacement. I was told to send it back. I did. I was then informed that the lifetime protection would cost an additional $25.00. The necklace was not worth that amount, as most of the "jewelry" was not.

I then contacted Swarovski customer service and was informed that was the policy. I am having the "broken" necklace sent back and though I have been a Swarovski customer for many years, I no longer will be. The overall experience was horrible and I so disappointed in Swarovski. It was the belief that Swarovski was special, that allowed me support them. But, no more. Swarovski is just another "fine" company gone the way of apathetic "crap" merchants.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have many Swarovski items, from all the colors of the pens that were made to chains to figurines to rings and chains even the Hello Kitty chain and bracelets. The wings of my butterfly figurine broke off, my one rings crystal fell off, I lost my remix bracelet that was bought for my 21st birthday because the magnets failed and fell off and I didn't notice because the bracelet is so light and dainty. The ring my boyfriend bought me for my 21st birthday changed colour after 3 months near the main stone despite me not letting water or lotion or anything near the ring. 2 of the stones turned green as well within a month of having it. I followed all the care instructions but still this happened. I have over 20 Swarovski items but I will never buy another one after this incident. Absolutely disgusted.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I'm a regular customer who never had returned or replaced a product. The first and only time I needed a repair on my remix bracelet, Swarovski lead me in circles trying to find how I can get the bracelet repaired. I worn the bracelet only 5 times. One night I fell asleep with it on and the wire string snapped off. It was within a year and I still had the receipt so it should have fallen within Swarovski's warranty period. I went to the local store and informed them that I purchased the bracelet at the Swarovski in Macy's. They said since I wasn't in their system and it wasn't purchased there, they couldn't do anything and to try Macy's instead.

I went to the Swarovski in Macy's and they tell me their return policy is only within 30 days and try the retail store instead. I called Swarovski customer service line and they tell me since it's within a year and purchased from an authorized 3rd party retailer, I could get it repaired or exchanged at the local store. I use to love their pieces but now I know how shoddy their workmanship really is. This company does not stand behind their products! And every Swarovski rep has a different excuse to shove their non existent after sales service to another store. The bracelet never got repaired. Instead I took all my Swarovski jewelry that fell within the return period and returned everything. I will no longer be purchasing from this scam company ever again.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I bought ring online directly from Swarovski. The first time I wore it, 3 stones fell out. Then each time I notice more and more falling out. The only way to get it fixed is to go to a store and see if they will replace it. There are no stores in Louisiana so I was told to go to Texas or Florida store. Then when I told them what happened they said they do not cover wear and tear. Terrible quality product. Love the ring, but can't wear anymore. Also the silver coating coming off and turning copper.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My boyfriend bought me a Swarovski necklace for my birthday. About a month later, the chain became detached from the pendant. Both the store where he bought it and customer service told me they do not cover chains in their warranty. If a crystal had fallen out they would replace it but they do not have the capacity to fix chains. It would be a very simple repair and if the links weren’t so small I would fix it myself. It baffles me they do not stand by their products and one would think the entire necklace could be repaired or replaced if necessary. Otherwise, they should only sell the pendant. Will never shop there.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I got a gift for my bday of Oct 2017, and had to move the week after. I was going through my jewelry bag, and found the box, of a pair of earrings, that never were used, and when I went to the store, here in Montreal, the person who "greeted" me did not even bother to ask, in what exactly I needed help with, they just looked at the receipt, and said "we cannot do anything" and walked away... Any other jewelry store would have try to find a solution, this store did not even bother to do anything. The customer service employee was judgmental by my appearance. If you want good customer service go to any other Jewelry store, and definitely to not set in a Swarovski store.

Original review: March 13, 2019

A relative gave me a Swarovski bangle for Christmas 2018. Early march I noticed one of the large crystals from the end of the bangle missing. I had only worn this maybe 5 times. I contacted customer service. They advised me they won't help without receipt. Costco - who have good customer service - replaced this for the purchaser. I asked Swarovski if I can mail the item to them. No I need to take it in person to one of their boutiques. Nearest is 100 km and 2 hours away. I bet if I do go there they won't have someone able to help. Also as I explained this would cost more in gas than the item is worth. I guess my relative should just take it back to Costco for a refund as the bangle was one they only carried for Christmas.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I am a regular customer of Swarovski crystals and I bought many charms which the company says they are bespoke and exclusive. These charms are beautiful and charming. However, they easily unfasten from the bracelets! I’ve lost two of my Swarovski Remix Collection, doing nothing, I was walking on street and then I noticed the lack of the charms on bracelet. They fell and I didn’t see! This was a loss because they were brand new and here in Brazil we pay a very high price for one of these! I reported the situation to one of Swarovski store salesperson and she simply told me that the staff could not do anything for me and my loss. I tried to contact them by Swarovski Group website, but they do not even offer a platform dedicated for customer’s needs and services. I used to love Swarovski, but I’m disappointed now!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I timely returned a purchased to a store with a receipt. At the time of return they gave me the return receipt with zeros on it and said that I would get the whole amount back within a few days. As it turned out, they do not refund sales tax (over $300 in my case). Do not do business with this unethical company. Shame!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am a regular client of Swarovski as well as regular patron to this store at the outlet mall I went in a minute ago to show them an expensive necklace which I bought from Swarovski last year. The sales lady Connie insisted that I produce my receipt of a year ago in order to help me service the necklace. Are you kidding me that I have to produce a receipt of one year ago when it was during my last trip in St Augustine - a holiday purchase.

The problem which I needed to resolve is just to replace 2 missing 0.01 ct size crystals. The ladies in the store are not unfamiliar to me as I just did a purchase of $177 over the weekend. They were so unhelpful, cold, and hostile. The other lady has been grumpy and grumpy since the weekend when I visited the store. Such poor service. Nobody likes to be treated in such a way in a retail store. Buying online is really a better option as we don’t need to be exposed to rude treatment from sales staff. There is always a nicer way of communicating to your customers.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was a regular and never returned a product. I placed an order during their sale time and found I could not log in at checkout. I tried multiple times to retrieve my account but just could not get the email to reset my password. It was a very long and frustrating process and finally I had to use Paypal to check out. I was very sure that I only checked out once (because Paypal is very different from your credit cards and requires login every time). A few days later, I got two orders and found I was charged twice. So I contacted their customer service for return. They told me I can return it in store but it was too far away. So they said that I had to pay for the return shipping. Because they don't cover it. Perfect, huh??? I have to pay for their system failure! After years of customer loyalty, all we got is degrade in quality and service. Good job Swarovski!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I live in Windsor Ontario and I purchased a necklace as a Christmas gift for someone who lives in Calgary Alberta. I specifically asked if the recipient did not like the necklace could she exchange it. I was assured that would not be an issue and was provided with a gift receipt which I gave to the receiver as well as the original cash receipt. Guess what??? When the recipient went to exchange the item, the store refused to do so. And when customer relations was contacted, I was pretty much told that the return policy can vary from store to store and refused to take responsibility. I believe this company needs to revise their mission statement so that it reads: "Swarovski adds sparkle to everyday life with products and inefficient services... Do not expect anything from us after we have your money." Just stating one person's opinion!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchase an item for my wife which I decided to return for a more expensive item. I went to the Swarovski store and they accepted the return and told me I should receive a credit back to my credit card in 3-5 business days. It has been 14 business days and I still do not have my money back. After numerous interactions with customer relations they still have no idea when I will receive my money back. Do not do business with this company. After they take your money, you do not exist.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Please don't buy from this cheap company. My husband bought me two necklaces. They had a good exchange policy (meaning if the stones fell off they can replace with original box, etc.). Once I got the new necklaces, after good care, the stones still fell off!!! They are pricey and their products are definitely not worth it. 2nd, please read... If you buy earrings, make sure you absolutely love them because they are FINAL SALE! Even if you didn't even take them off the box they are not to be returned. I don't understand the policy because they allow people to try them on at the store. How's THAT hygienic? Lastly, the sale consultant failed to tell me they were final sale. That's the last I buy from this cheap company.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I wish I had read reviews online before purchasing from them. I had a long layover in Copenhagen airport and a Swarovski beautiful ring caught my eye. It was a little pricey at about 120 Euros but I purchased it thinking I'd have it for years to come. Less than two weeks later (12 days to be exact), I noticed that one of the very tiny crystals has fallen out of the setting and is lost. I contacted customer service and was informed that because I didn't keep the receipt, it can't be repaired without the usual repair fee. I offered to show them my bank statement of the purchase but they wouldn't accept that.

I don't think I'm an unreasonable person and I actually can understand why they would want a receipt... What's to stop anyone from saying anything, right? However, it's just so disappointing to me that such an expensive ring would begin losing crystals after such a short period of time. I don't own tons of expensive jewelry and I should have kept the receipt, I know. But, I would think the company could be a bit more understanding given it's such a recent purchase. It's really frustrating. They didn't care at all though. If it was a cheap product, I'd get that but I don't really get how they can care so little about the quality of their products. This is a really low quality product for the money. I've bought rings in the past for less than $100 and have had them hold up well for years and years of indiscriminate wear. Go with another brand!

Swarovski Company Information