1.77/5
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

22 Swarovski Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 11, 2018

I recently got a Swarovski remix bracelet as a birthday gift and within 2 days, the magnetism failed on me and caused my bracelet to fall off when I was outside. Since the bracelet is so dainty, I didn’t even know when it dropped off my wrist. I’m really disappointed in the quality of the product when this bracelet costs $149. @Swarovski is this how you make your so-called ‘quality products’? I don’t understand how the magnetism could fail on me so easily. It fell off my wrist not once, not twice, but 3 times when I already clipped it in properly. I’m not expecting anything from this review, I just hope future customers of yours read this and reconsider their decisions to buy from such a company. Please, make quality products.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Bought a brand new watch online and it was delivered with a dead battery. Had to replace battery at my own expense. You would think they would have ensured that the product had a new and functioning battery in it before shipping. Avoid.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 7, 2018

We were at the Atlanta International airport May 21, 2018 and my husband bought a bracelet as a surprise gift for me at the Swarovski shop on the E Concourse. At the time he purchased this gift no one in the shop asked him if he wanted a small or the large size. They did not tell him that they were a franchise type of shop and that the gift could only be returned to them. Also, they did not tell him there was a 14 day return policy. This seemed ludicrous to me since it was at the busiest airport in the world and we were going to be overseas for longer than two weeks.

You can imagine our surprise when we got back home this week and tried to return the article to the Swarovski shop in our Mall. She said she understood that it was too large and that the crystals scratched my arm but we could not return it to them since it was purchased at one of their "special shops". There was no way to know any of this. I called Swarovski's customer service department and all they said they would do for me would be to put in a complaint to the shop it was purchased for not letting us know the rules/regulations. I used to own a different franchise and when a complaint was made to the Parent company we were asked to make things right with the customer. I find this lack of concern for their customer's outrages. If there is anyone reading this knows of any recourse we can do please let us know.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have been a long standing member with Swarovski. I have even gone Innsbruck Austria but I have to say right now I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with them. I own at least 40 pieces and have always love it. It was time once again to renew my membership and I always do three years at a time which is $99.00. I wrote a check and put 99.00 put in the line where I have to write it out. I wrote, "Nine hundred and ninety-nine," so an overpayment of $900.00. I have spoken to customer service three times over 3 weeks and have been told they are looking into it. I sent them a copy of the check front and back. Just got off the phone with them and they said it would be another week. At this point I would like to cancel my membership but they told me I cannot even cancel. UGH!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Extremely rude manager of store. Chastised us for only having packaging and no receipt. Would not be accommodating in any way. Have purchased a lot from this store and sent a lot of my friends, no more. So stupid, I have been in customer service my whole life. This is not what you do to good customers. Very disappointed, do not buy jewelry here, they do not stand by it. Be warned!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swarovski?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Placed an order - supposed to arrive at my home Jan 2nd. Changed address on UPS to access point 2 minutes away. Jan 2nd at 7 pm. Never arrived. Called UPS. Got it shipped to my work for next business day. Jan 3rd arrived at access point that I couldn't get to before it closed. Got access point to give to business neighbour as I was going to arrive after they closed. Within the week, placed another order. Sent it to the closed store. Call UPS to confirm delivery, package never made it on a truck and they can't find it. Travelled from Oakville to Concord to attempt to retrieve in a snowstorm. Ended up damaging my vehicle in an accident because of the bad weather. 700 in repairs! Package eventually found 2 days later and arrived at store.

During this process I attempted to contact the store where it was to arrive. I called over 30 times during business hours and no one answered. I filed a complaint with the customer relation department. Was told I would hear in 7 days. 10 days later I Call, agent says no updates yet. 3 weeks later, today I call again. Speak to a manager Emanuel who wasted 50 minutes of my time. Was super rude, hung up on 2x and offered no solutions to the poor service. Call the agents an additional 5x and was hung up each time. Awful service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I made a complaint about price of one of Christmas ornaments. Store price 449.00 Polish zloty, Internet 499.00 plz, but catalog (many in the store) 339.00 plz. Representative called me next day, asking what happened, which I did tell her and I was promised to be contacted back in few days, well it's almost two weeks!!! Shame, shame you would think you deal with serious people, it's a joke. I will contact now social media, it's not right to miss guide customers, I should get the catalog price. I am very disappointed and unhappy. Sent many emails in between, no response.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Before ordering eight items online, I contacted Swarovski customer service to make sure that eight gift bags will be included in the package. A woman said that I definitely receive the same amount of gift bags, as the number of items I am going to order. Finally, I received ABSOLUTELY NO gift bags. When I contacted customer service again, they said they are unable to ship me just gift bags "because the order is already being processed". They offered to visit a local Swarovski store and request some gift bags even when I said that I am unable to visit their store. Customer service representative repeated again and over again that I have to visit their store.

ABSOLUTELY no flexibility in the business and no respect for customers. Their website is a nightmare also. Hyperlink "Shopping bag" is not clickable. And when they offering to enter your date of birth "for future presents" the field is not clickable also. I am not really sure that I will order anything from swarovski.com anymore in my life.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Having been a dedicated customer for Swarovski jewelry for so many years, I recently had a very disappointing experience, first with the service in Swarovski store in Bethesda, MD. I bought a pair earrings for over $150.00 but when one of the earrings got damaged, I took it to the Bethesda store and got very poor service from the salesperson. She took my information and sent in the earring in for repair and then after about two weeks, I got a call to come and pick up my earring. When I got there, I was told the earring was not repairable and that I should call the customer service if I needed to complain. The sales person was extremely rude and unprofessional. I have been communicating with the consumer service for now two weeks and the final decision from Swarovski was that they cannot repair or replace my $150 earrings.

I was told that there is nothing they can do for me. I am now in the process of take legal action and also put out bad review on the service and poor quality Swarovski jewelry. All I wanted was a replacement for my damaged earrings or a store credit. As a long time customer, I did not deserve such a treatment. I will certainly no longer buy anything from Swarovski and I will continue to promote the bad service and quality of their items.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Sold us jewelry and quoted a 14 day return policy. The items were not returnable and we were not told this at the time of sale. They use deceptive sales practices and don't care about the customer. Manager was useless and only cared about her sales numbers. Don't shop here.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Had bought a beautiful ladies pink pearl watch for my wife from Duty Free in Europe. With full warranty / booklet / receipt / stamp... The works. In the rush we did not see there was a damage to the strap, and we took it to an outlet store to get the warranty repair/replacement for the leather strap. Guess what. Firstly we were told Warranty is not valid in USA for items bought overseas. Secondly the strap is not covered (so I asked them show me where it is mentioned that only mechanical, glass is covered, and leather strap is excluded... Which they could not). The staff and management were both haughty and rude and would not listen. So sent a long detailed message to the corporate customer service, did not get a fair response. I will end up buying for a new leather strap and getting it all fixed at my expense. I must say a terrible customer service organization from an above average crystal company.

Original review: July 21, 2017

After purchasing a bracelet from Swarovski Toronto Bloor store. The link broke, and the store said it's not repairable, and refuse to replace it because only the crystal is under warranty. I called their customer relations department, the person took the call told me to shut up before I could finish. It was an insulting experience. I will never shop there again!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I visited the Swarovski store at Columbia mall Maryland today. I left the store very upset. The reason for my visit was to have my angelic gold tone ring stones repaired. I explained to her I do not wash my hands with it or wear it every day. The associate advised me that there would be a $50.00 fee because it was purchased more than a year ago. She made it clear to me that it was custom jewelry and these things happen. I have a hard time with having to pay this high fee. So I left the store with my ring. Swarovski should have a better warranty if they want people to continue purchasing their products. I have the rare rings in white and gold tone as well. Some of these stones have fallen out too. Due to my experiences, I will never purchase Swarovski jewelry again. How disappointing because I really like the styles.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I purchased my ring a year ago. I came back to replace it a couple months later due to crystals falling out. Then my 2nd ring just broke apart, I noticed that it was glued together. I went in to complain and all the store wanted to do is give me store credit. I don't trust the products in this store. I'm done with coming back and forth. I don't want to be trading my wedding ring in every 6 months. NOT SATISFIED.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I purchased an item online. It was damaged due to defective packaging. As it turns out their return policy online states something very different than what is on their packing list. Basically you have to return the item and they will refund you. If you still want the item you have to repurchase it. VERY different than what their website says. Hopefully they will figure this out before someone takes their feedback to another level other than their "customer service department." I also discovered that the website and the brick and mortars are "different companies." Not sure how accurate that is or what that even means. I will continue to purchase in store as that is where I receive the best service, even though that is slipping as well. If you took a peek in my jewelry armoire you would like I own stock in the company. This experience has caused me to start looking other places...

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Extremely knowledgeable sales staff. Friendly and efficient. They know you are paying for quality and they deliver. The price may turn some buyers off, but you get what you pay for. My wife absolutely adored the pendant I bought for her and that gift has paid off in a number of ways. Swarovski has a long history in their field so it stands to reason that they would produce a large array of items. While there are a tremendous amount of choices, the sales staff did an excellent job of helping me make the perfect selection. As I mentioned before, genuine Swarovski items often carry a premium price tag. However the name alone carries weight and their products live up to the hype. Seldom is this true these days! Slept sculpt hand crafted jewelry! What more do you need to say. The lineage of this company and its prestige around the world are completely and entirely justified. I would challenge anyone to find more perfect crystal than can be found with Swarovski!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Not the Swarovski store itself, but with other retailers like Michaels. The items are locked in cases in the stores and there are hardly ever any salespeople to help you take a closer look. It is very hard to find out specific beads in the color or size that you need in regular craft stores. You mostly have to order the items online. These beads are beautiful and color fast, but I'm just not convinced that the price should be so expensive. You're basically paying for the brand name at approximately 6-10 dollars for a small pack. Meanwhile there are other Austrian Aurora Borealis crystals that are possibly even sturdier than the Swarovski beads and they are so much cheaper. They are high quality. The only issue I have with them is that they break very easily if you are making earrings or other wire jewelry.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

When I took the item back so it could be repaired I was told that it was my fault. The stones fell out and it was not their responsibility to repair items "damaged due to negligence by the customer". The selection was amazing. There was every style and color to go with anyone's taste/wishes. There was every type of item imaginable. Unfortunately, the price range was unbelievable. If the item I purchased would have been the quality that I was led to believe that it was, the price would have been acceptable. I did purchase it. But with the item literally falling apart, the price was too much. The quality left much to be desired. As I mentioned earlier, the stones fell out during the initial wearing. I wore the item when I went out to dinner. I was just sitting, eating my dinner, when the stones fell out, one by one.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Jewelry are good. You can choose from regular priced or sale. Browse over watches, necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets, charms, even smart phone cases, pens and other fashion accessories. They have products on sale. Almost 50% but only while stocks last. Sale is online or in the store. Browse watches or jewelry or accessories on sale. They have been designing since 1895, so I'm guessing the quality is good as it is over 120 years. They also use new technology and they claim they are the leader.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Customer service was above and beyond what I expected. I needed to purchase a gift and the salesperson was extremely helpful and made suggestions within my budget. Extensive selection of jewelry and I was able to find something I liked. The purchase was to be a gift for my niece's graduation and I wanted it to be very special. I chose a very simple but elegant necklace at the suggestion of the salesperson. I was working within a budget and was still able to find something beautiful. The necklace had matching earrings which my niece went back and purchased after I had given her the necklace. It is a beautiful set. I wish I was able to buy the set in the beginning but this make it a little pricey. But I feel it is worth the extra money for such quality. I could have gone somewhere else and spent less money but the quality and the beauty would not have been there.

I have several pieces of their jewelry myself and am always complimented when I wear them. The quality of this particular manufacturer is always superior. My husband tries to add to my collection for my birthday and holidays. When I have a gift to purchase I usually turn to them.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

When I called in the customer service girl was very prompt & friendly & knowledgeable. She knows what she is talking about. She knows her "stuff", she knew a lot about the Hewlett and wanted me satisfied. Their product selection was ok but could have a bigger variety. The selection they do have is all very similar and it makes it hard to choose from. They have very good products at a low price. The quality is great. It stands up and holds great. It's a very good quality for a reasonable and cheap price.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

I returned an item to this company. It took at least two weeks of me waiting to see, hear anything back from them regarding the receipt of the return. Finally I called and they said it would take another two weeks before I would hear if they had received my return. Two weeks later they sent me an e-mail stating they had received my merchandise and that they would issue a refund, BUT it was going to take them another two to three weeks to refund the money. I cannot for any reason understand why would take so long to refund a product they had already received. I paid through my PayPal account but the same held true with a credit card. To date 2/25/14, THEY STILL HAVE NOT returned my money. Very very dissatisfied with this merchant. I will never order from them again. Be aware if you return something back to SWAROVSKI.com. This company will take a month if not longer for you to receive a refund. BAD PRACTICE!!

Swarovski expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Swarovski is an upscale jewelry brand that was founded in 1895 in Austria. The company is best known for offering customers high-quality crystal products, including crystal jewelry, chandeliers and their world-famous figurines. They use crystal which has been created to allow light to refract in a rainbow spectrum.

• Unique products: Customers can find a selection of unique products at Swarovski, and many of the pieces feature the company's stunning signature crystal designs.

• Figurines: In addition to selling high-quality jewelry, Swarovski sells beautiful crystal figurines for shoppers looking to add some jewels to their home or office.

• Electronic accessories: The company sells electronic accessories such as bejeweled cell phone cases, activity trackers and USB bracelets.

• Fashion blog: Swarovski offers customers a useful fashion blog on its website to help them choose the most appropriate crystal products.

• Crystal society: The company has its own Swarovski Crystal Society, where crystal aficionados can learn more about crystal jewelry and figurines and receive exclusive access to products and information.

• Best for: People looking to restore antique jewelry and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs