2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5
Based on 1,678 ratings submitted in the last year

Sam's Club Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

If you join with a promotional offer, BEWARE. I was supposed to get a $20 gift card with my membership, but because a local club didn't key in the activation code, I've never received it. I've always loved Sam's products and pricing, so I really wanted them to make it right. I've been trying for 5 months to get Sam's corporate to send the card. In October, I was told I would get the card in 2 weeks. In early November I was told it was coming. Three weeks later I was told I would receive the card in 2-4 days. As of Jan. 9, they refused to send it altogether. That's bad enough, but they never made contact me; it was I who had to call each time. Costco, here I come.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I am a plus member, one of my benefits is 20% off eye glasses. My local and only Sam's Club in Connecticut does not have an optical department. So I called Sam's club customer service, please see the attachment of my call log showing the number I called and that I was on the phone for one hour and forty eight minutes.

My reason for calling was to see how I can take advantage of this benefit that comes with the $100 membership fee. I was hoping that it would of been a quick and easy fix. For example maybe given the option to go to my local Walmart and given the 20 % discount there. Instead I was told to go to Medford, NY. This is their next closest Sam's Club that has optical, I told their customer service representative that would be a three hour drive one way. He then put me on hold, he came back after 15 minutes that was my only option. I asked to speak to a supervisor, without exaggeration it took over an hour for someone to get back on the phone with me. The phone call started in my home, I was able to dress and load my children into my car, drive 20 minutes to Walmart, do some Christmas shopping, load my children back in the car and as soon as I got in the car a person came back on the line.

I explained everything again to the second person and mentioned that I was on hold for over an hour and just looking to receive the benefits I pay for. After he put me on hold again, he came back to tell me the same thing. Except this time he offered to downgrade my membership since I wasn't happy that I can't receive all my benefits.

I kept it for now, but if this is how Sam's Club treats their plus members who are just looking to receive the benefits that they were sold on I will definitely return my membership the day before it renews since it's 100% guaranteed. I hope to hear from someone who can explain to me why I have to make a six hour drive to get a 20% benefit discount. The two other clubs that were in Connecticut had optical, but they were closed. Can I suggest that If you're going to sell plus membership and sell people on optical and tires service benefits for plus members, that the only club in that state actually has those departments.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I ordered a Serta mattress from Sam’s Club online. I later needed to change the address that I originally put in for delivery, weeks before the planned delivery date. I tried numerous times to get this done. The delivery company, XPO Logistics, would not allow me to do that (the address I wanted to have it delivered to was actually closer to their warehouse than the original address by 30 minutes). I spoke several times to several representatives at Sam’s Club, and each time XPO Logistics later called, they still had not had the address changed. This was over several weeks! I never took delivery of the mattress. Totally unacceptable. Sam’s will lose my membership, as well as the sale of this mattress due to their inability to make a simple correction.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I ordered a play kitchen on November 30, 2019 and was told it would be delivered on December 16 even though I could not get tracking information from FedEx. Of course it was not delivered, and pushed out to the following day, but when I chatted with a representative, she said it was out of stock. I don't understand why I got conflicting information, FedEx is a joke but I expected better from Sams. Now it is December 17, and I have no idea if I am going to receive this for a Christmas gift. Really disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Sam's Club uses sales and advertisement to get you email and mailing address. Nothing more! They will not honor advertised pricing. I became a member and they claim their system will not give the discount. They want me to buy at regular price and request discount after item has shipped. What do you think the chances of them having discount amnesia is and that I will get stuck with return shipping cost. Sam's club is a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I have purchased large quantities of boxes of puppy pads. They were originally the very best ones I had ever used. Then Sam's quit handling them and now have cheap thin puppy pads which are also smaller. I am going to buy mine from now on elsewhere!!! I hate the new ones.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I went to order 8 different items from Sam's Club and samsclub.com, only to find out every item was cheaper from Walmart or Walmart.com. I thought I purchased the membership to get better pricing or better deals. Items were as much as 10 to 15% cheaper at Walmart. This is a bad business practice!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I double order by mistake the same item (a chest freezer). Within seconds I tried to cancel one and was told that that was not possible because it was been processed already. I called and got the same response from someone in Philippines. My only choice is to ship back the item or take it to the store. Meanwhile I have to pay interest on the purchase plus the way to get the ice to the store. This the first place I encounter this issue.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I purchased the Bellagio King Mattress on 11/27/2019, and they offered a white glove delivery experience. So far, I'm so disappointed with their service. No tracking, they overcharged me for the Mattress, and they continue to tell me they don't know what is going with my delivery. I continued to get the run around from their customer service dept. When you speak to their customer representatives, they don't have a sense of urgency in trying to help me as a customer. Their attitude is you get it when you get it. They won't even allow me to cancel the order, holding my fund hostage. I will never buy anything else from Sam's Club again. I will be canceling my membership with Sam’s Club. My experience is an aggravation and more aggravation after you speak to someone at Sam's Club. I never got a straight answer yet.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

On August 31, I cancelled my active membership to Sam's Club. I was having an extended dispute with Walmart and did not want to do business any longer with any Walmart company. During my conversation, they asked how I would like my prorated refund. While they suggested a gift card or email gift card, however, since I swore off shopping at a Walmart store I agreed to a check in the mail even though it would take up to ten weeks, (can you believe that!). It has now been fourteen weeks and I've received nothing and my calls and emails to customer service have either been unanswered or do not provide any resolution. This would seem to be a very easy task to complete but they appear to be unable to grasp this simple complaint.

Sam's Club Company Information