2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (1549 ratings)

About Sam's Club

Sam's Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: June 25, 2020

I just left the Sam's Club in Anderson SC, I wanted to order off the eatery menu 1 slice of pizza & drink. I wasn't able to finish and she told me they don't serve that. False advertisement and just wanted money for a whole pizza. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I ordered a case of Ivory Soap, but Sam's Club never delivered it. An online chat with Sam's customer service didn't resolve it; they only said that they "can't help" me. I asked for a refund, and they refused. Said it was my fault for not contacting them sooner. Yeah, it's been 8 weeks but their shipments were inconsistent and I could never predict when they'd come. Some didn't come for 3 or 4 weeks. Their service is just terrible. If I need a product, I can't depend on them to deliver it on time, or even at all. Now I'm out fifty bucks and they "can't help me". Great.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I renewed our Sam's Club membership in May 2020 at the Springdale At store. The clerk told me I would pay $100 and the $46 rewards would show in a couple days. She then cancel our membership and gave us a new one. Sam's will not give us our $46 rewards.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Signed up for a membership online because they were offering a great deal where they give you a $45 credit. All I had to do was take the email with the code to store (which I did) and show it to customer service (which I did) when they printed my card. Well 2 visits later I still didn’t have my credit so back to customer service I went. They tell me they can’t help me and I need to call customer service. Great. So I sit on the phone for 45 minutes just so they can tell me they too can’t help and they have to escalate it to their back office. Basically they offer these things and then don’t honor them.... Sounds like stealing to me!

Original review: June 15, 2020

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! We purchased an outdoor table online on April 21st. They delivered it & since we read reviews we knew to open the box before the delivery person left & check it. Good thing we did because the tile was shattered in multiple places. We rejected the delivery & had them take it back on May 11th. I called customer service & 2 weeks later they delivered another table. Same thing, we opened it & once again the tile was shattered. Again we denied the delivery & sent it back. I apologized to the delivery man that he had to come back out to our home twice. He made the comment that it didn't matter to him because he got paid either way. Therein lies the first problem. They send out 1 person to deliver a table that weighs 200 lbs. & he could care less if he breaks it because in his words he gets paid either way.

I called customer service again & spoke with Gracie & requested a replacement since we really wanted the table & got it on sale. We figured we'd give Sam's one more chance. Big mistake! Not only did she not order a replacement but she didn't input the rejection so it basically showed that we had the table. She told me she'd send an incident email to the back office and I should hear from them within 24 hours or less. I never did. I called 2 days later & after holding for over 30 minutes I spoke with a supervisor named RJ. At that point I was obviously furious & requested a refund. He told me he couldn't give me a refund because their records didn't show we rejected the delivery. I told him we had no product & I wanted a refund ASAP! After holding for what seemed like forever he finally came back & said we would get a refund in 3- 5 business days.

After an entire week we still had not gotten a refund. I called on June 1st & spoke with a supervisor named Marjorie. She told me that RJ never competed the refund process. I told her I wanted a refund pronto. That it had been over a month & a half at this point. I was on hold & our phone call took well over an hour before she finally came back & told me we'd have a refund in 48 hours. It took 5 business days before we got a refund finally! I also told her I'd like to cancel my membership.

We've been members of Sam's for over 30 years. She offered to extend my membership for another year at their cost, but then told me she was only able to give me 6 months. Not surprising after the shoddy customer service I'd already dealt with. We purchased a table from Costco & the experience was like night & day compared to Sam's. I highly recommend cancelling your membership with Sam's & going with Costco instead. You won't regret it. Sam's Club will not be getting our business ever again!

Original review: June 10, 2020

I have been a member of Sam's Club for over 21 years and there are few instances I have experienced issues. However, the most recent visits have been extremely unpleasant. On 06/06/2020, after shopping, I stopped in the Lady's Room to find it was an atrocious mess. I approached the manager, Brandi to let her know the condition of the bathroom.

Her response left me feeling as a child after a negative scolding from a parent. Another employee responded and stated, "We know Honey, it's been like that for hours." I asked if she was aware there was TP full of stool scattered on the floor and she replied this was known as they had been in there. The location of this club is not an area where customers are used to this type of filth and the condition of the bathroom, response from the manager and employee, acknowledging they were aware, is extremely unacceptable.

Today, 06/09/2020, there were several issues. 1. A new futon was sitting outside the customer service desk and I wanted to purchase. I asked an employee for help with obtaining the sku to purchase as the item was not yet on the shelf. I wanted to purchase and return home for a trailer to transport the item. The employee told me he felt it was best for me to come back after the item was put on the shelf. He refused to obtain the sku from the item. I explained I was not available tomorrow and would pick up today. He told me to come back and purchase when I had the means to take the item at that time. I had to go and obtain the sku, go to customer service who summoned the manager who would ring up at the register.

Brandi was the manager.... The cashier was Meeka (not sure of name) who I perceived as unapproachable. As she scanned my items, she kept turning a box with 2 plants over, breaking the stems on one plant and the sign in the pot... (no attention to detail). At the registers, there were bottles of Coke with a note attached stating, customer would get a Coke if cashier did not ask customer about Sam's credit card. My son asked me if we would receive a free Coke... I asked the cashier, Meeka, who states, "What are you talking about." I pointed to a Coke on the register behind us and she states, "I don't have that sign."

This was not TRUE, there was a bottle of Coke placed under the counter where the credit card machine was on Meeka's register and I pointed it out. Brandi interjected and stated the Cokes were for a weekend promotion and not today. Okay, this would have been acceptable, but Meeka then stated, "You can have a Coke if you want one" and when I stated okay, she pointed to the Cokes at the Deli, just before my daughter grabbed a Coke, Meeka rolled her eyes and stated, "You can have one but you are going to pay for it, you cannot have it for free," then rolled her eyes again with a smirk on her face. I felt this was unnecessary!!

I walked out but with the urge to say something to Meeka but held in my emotion. However, I called the service desk to let them know I would return in an hour but I was very upset about Meeka's behavior. NOT only did she lie about not having a Coke bottle at her register, she behaved very unprofessional. It was unnecessary for her to offer a Coke, demonstrating poor behavior and what I perceived was taunting me and my children. The Service Desk member told me she would get me a Coke when I arrived... Unfortunately, she was not at the desk. Instead, Brandi responded and proceeded to argue with me and in her arguing she made me recognize her unprofessionalism and recall the incident from 06/06/2020.

Brandi proceeded to argue not as she was having a discussion with a customer but rather an enemy in the street. Brandi ultimately walked away and could not be located. She lied when stating - Coke not at Meek's register and Cokes at every other register... I find it very unprofessional and poor taste to lie to customers. I learned Meeka is also a manager and Brandi was looking to locate her. So what I found, Brandi and Meeka are managers, and in my opinion very unqualified. What type of quality customer service Sam's has to offer...? What happened to hiring qualified individuals? There are SO MANY people out of work and much more qualified. Where does Sam's find these folks. I spend so much money at this store and I will not be going back until Sam's makes it right.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Ordered a Member's Mark outdoor patio furniture set from Sam'sClub.com. When it was delivered, the box was so badly damaged that I should have refused shipment. The delivery guys apologized and said that Sam's Club makes them deliver products regardless of damage to packaging. He noted on the delivery invoice that the box was crushed and torn open.

As expected, the furniture had several small dents and scratches, one of the chairs had a hole in it and it was missing several cushions. I called the number on the order, which turned out to be the vendor, and they told me that they have no parts and cannot replace the damaged items. I called Sam's Club and after spending 45 minutes on hold they told me I need to talk to their Members Mark customer service group. After another 30 minutes on hold, I spoke to someone and started the return process. They scheduled to have the furniture picked up and gave me a 3 hour window the following Monday. That window has now passed and I've been on hold for over an hour trying to get someone to help.

Original review: June 4, 2020

On May 2nd, 2020 I placed an order online for a Mr. Cool mini split air-conditioner. I realized I had ordered the wrong size and called to cancel the order. The member care rep stated it would not be a problem to cancel even though the order had already been processed and my account had already been charged $880. He even went ahead and said if it was picked up by FedEx they would have it returned to the vendor without issues. He said I should receive my refund 3 to 5 business days. Everything was great until a week later I still had no refund.

A month later and after speaking to about 10 member care reps I have still not received my refund. I have written down 6 different reference numbers for my records and every time I call they tell me the same thing "sorry mr. ******, we made an error on our end and I assure you will receive your refund from 3 to 5 business days".

I am to the point of calling my bank to file a fraud claim. As of today 6/4/2020 I gave them one last chance and spoke to yet again another member care representative. He gave me the same answer "there was an error on their end and you will see your refund 3 to 5 business days". I wish I would have known from the beginning it would have been such a hassle to cancel an order and I would have just kept the unit. At least I could have sold it and recouped some of my money. Now I have no ac unit and I am short $880. After this is said and done I will be canceling my membership and never ordering anything again from Sam's online.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I have been a Sam's Club member for over 30 years. Along the way I have had some problems and mainly manged to work them out with the Customer Service Representatives or the Store Manager. I can not say the same for Samsclub.com. Almost every time I have ordered something there have been major issues. This last order is no exception and I will never use Samsclub.com again.

This time I ordered a mattress and the vendor (Zinus, Inc.) messed up the address and Fedex delivered it to a wrong address. Eventually, they sent it back to the vendor. A month later and I never got the mattress. I had to do all of the work to try and get my money back. This ended up being five calls to Fedex and more than that to Samsclub.com after talking to about five tier 1 people and two supervisors and never getting a call back or email as promised and 28 days from the initial order they are telling me I have to wait another 10 or so days.

There are tier 1 people who don't know what they are doing or what their options are and the supervisors are no better and give to followup as they promised. It doesn't help that they outsource their customer support. This is one of these incidents where you are fighting with 3 systems, Samsclub.com, Fedex and the Vendor (Zinus).

I may be old fashioned but in the past when a system goofed up the merchant took responsibility and made it right with the customer. They offered a different item, an upgrade, express shipping, etc. These days you have to do all of the customer support and fight the systems for yourself. I spent approximately an hour on the phone every time I called. It is easy to blame it on the covid-19 virus and not accept any personal responsibility. I will order from Amazon in the future who delivers their own stuff and they take pictures of the delivery in case the porch pirates attack you!

Original review: May 12, 2020

We ordered a patio set online for $1900 that we really liked. While we were awaiting delivery, the price at Sam's Club dropped by $200. I called the local store and the lady said bring in the receipt and they'll give me a credit. When I arrived at the store, receipt in hand I was told they are not part of "that company" by "Tina" and they can't help me unless I refuse delivery and buy the set there and transport it home. When I called corporate they told me that even though I had not taken delivery yet they could not honor the sale price. They did however call the shipper for me to let them know I am refusing delivery and said I could reorder online again. That won't happen. I will not buy the set from them, I probably won't ever buy anything from them again. It seems to me to be a costly ineffective way to do business but after all, it is another Walmart Store.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Terrible. Tow service is supposedly Unlimited... it's a LIE. I had 3 tow requests as I traveled entire West Coast USA in one year... and on the last one a blown tire was DENIED. Only reason... too many Tows... therefore, these guys suck! Left me hanging... fortunately, I was in a Town my buddy came and fetched us. Horrible way to find out THEY SUCK. Had we been out in the Mountains... would be the worst. I'll never ever trust Sam's Club Services.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I purchased a Groupon for Sam's membership. Sam's has yet to give me a membership card. I was supposed to receive coupons for free products and they have not given them to me. I contacted Groupon and they advised Sam's is supposed to contact me to fix this. Still has not happened and it's been 3+ weeks. I cancelled an online purchase I used a gift card on and have not received my gift card balance back yet and was advised it only takes up to 24 hrs. It's been 72+ hrs and now I'm told I'll be contacted in 48-72 hrs regarding the gift card issue. The customer service is a joke and they don't try to resolve anything for customers.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I visited Sam's Club store 6359 for the hero hours on 4/26/20. I am a Registered Nurse for the state of Michigan. No one was checking for licenses, badges etc. When I asked why, I was informed that they are going off the honor system. I find this insulting just knowing how people act especially during high times of stress. The other concern, is the the lack of supplies available for "your hero's". I do understand it is a supply and demand world, especially now during this pandemic, however, is it too much to ask that they'd set some supplies aside for us that are working 10, 12 or 14 hour days. No butter, no toilet paper, I left the store and went to Walmart which had plenty of these items.

Original review: April 24, 2020

The store located in Middletown NY Sam's Club refused to let myself and my wife and daughter in the store under one membership so I was told was store policy. In the same breathe let other families gain entry with 6 or more family members. Then told me if my daughter can't wait in the car shop someplace else. Or one of us me or my wife had to wait in the car. The management team embarrassed my family, cause a huge scene and was extremely rude. The date of this incident Friday April 24th 4pm. That whole staff needs to be reprimanded. We are loyal Sam's club members and we never experienced such embarrassment from that staff the way we did today. Someone needs to call me back so I can make another complaint **.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Day after trip to get groceries, I spent the entire night vomiting. Today I accidentally noticed expiration date and check out rest of the stuff. Half of my groceries was significantly pass expired date. They shouldn't be allowed to make customers ill.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Today I make a visit to the Sam's Club to shop for my office and home, waiting in line for 40 minutes, purchased bundled items that I only need one of (because they are a club). When I got to check out I had purchased two cartons of paper towels, I was advised I could only have one. (I explained one for my business and one for my home). Their comment, "Do you have two cards." I asked for a supervisor and explained my purchase. She advised that was their policy (no posting just policy). They were rude, condescending and had a do not give a ** attitude. I pay for the privilege of allowing them to take my money. I made another retailer in town happy.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I signed up for a Sam's Club membership recently and it was pretty awful. First, registering took forever. We waited in line for about 15 minutes. When it was finally our turn, we had to keep moving around the customer service island. I felt like cattle eating at one of those circular hay bail feeders. We changed kiosks 3 times.

When that was all over, I had my membership and shopped in the store. They were out of quite a few things. Not just Coronavirus essentials like toilet paper, but also diapers and laundry detergent. So I wasn't impressed. When I checked out, I had to wait in a long line to get out because they have to check your receipt and there were at least 12 people in front of me. Not a great 1st experience.

A couple days later, I went back to try them again. Not as chaotic as the first day, but still low or missing inventory. Fast forward. I tried to buy a Nintendo Switch online. The app said they had some. I added it, paid and received an email about my order. Curious, I went back to the app an hour later and my order said Sam's canceled it. I never received any communication that it had been canceled. A day later, another store nearby had some. Repeat. Canceled. No communication. I chatted with support to find out what was up. The service was awful. She didn't directly answer any of my questions and just said it was canceled due to low inventory. I asked about the lack of communication twice and she never answered that question.

Fast forward. I go to order some stuff off the app for pick up two days later and I couldn't log in. I call, per the instructions given, wait on hold for 10 minutes, finally press a number for them to call me back and they called almost an hour later. Dude told me my card was invalid and they had no record of the card # I was holding in my hand and he kept giving me a different number. While the guy was apologetic, he had no idea why my card was revoked and didn't understand the card I was physically holding had a different ID number than the one in their system. I went to the store the next day and got a refund and the woman there had no idea why the original card was revoked. Will never do business at Sam's Club again. My experience is with the Tallahassee, FL location. Hope this review helps someone else. Go with Costco instead!

Original review: April 15, 2020

Seen a sofa and chair set at my Sam's club store. Had to order the sofa online, armchair was picked-up in the store and received a 10% discount for being a display item. After hiring movers to deliver and assemble my furniture discovered that the sofa is motionless and can only be manually opened while the chair is all scratched and even has the footrest broke and bent. This armchair is in worse condition than my 20 year old one that I threw out.

Spoke over the phone with customer service. The only help they provided after wasting my time was to be told to bring the furniture back if am unhappy. No replacement, no repair and poor customer service act of all the associates I spoke with. I needed a replacement or at least the items to be repaired as not looking forward to moving them back to the store, plus this set is the only one that matched my home decor and already threw my furniture out as thought this is brand new and should work alike. Big mistake at my end. Will NEVER purchase from SAM's Club ever again!!

Original review: April 7, 2020

I purchased a swing set and acquired a membership online. The sequencing of the order didn't prompt me to enter a different shipping address than billing so I ended up with the wrong shipping address. I notice this immediately so I went to try and change it to no avail. Started a chat with a BOT and I was told to cancel the order which I wasn't able to do. There are no phone numbers to contact them so I ended chatting with an alleged real person online (after a 45 minute wait) who at first told me I couldn't cancel it or change it. They then said they elevated it and someone would be contacting me 72 hours! Horrible customer service to make something so simple this difficult to change. I will never again use Sam's Club. Going to stick with online merchants that have user friendly service with real customer service.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I went to Sam's Club to take advantage of the senior hours that were available and was more than happy with the employees, service, products that were available. Although, I didn't get there early enough for toilet paper, I found every other item I needed. It was well organized and I felt very comfortable being there. I would really like to thank the employees who were very helpful in finding items that I needed and helping me with heavy items I purchased. It appeared they were genuinely concerned for my well being during a most difficult time.

Original review: March 18, 2020

The other day went in Sam's in Canton MI. Did my shopping as usual. Got ready to leave. The most racist woman I ever met in my life named (JUDY) was at the door checking receipts. Gave her my receipt. She announced to the crowd that I was stealing chicken. Had me step to the side. Another person walked over. Check my Receipt and all my items were on my Receipt. I was so embarrassed. Got no apology. Call Sam's corporate number 10 times. Got no Results so Be careful at Sam's In Canton MI. (JUDY) Definitely will Racially profile you.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Since joining Sam's Club about 6 months ago I have placed about 6 online orders, all of which have been awful experiences. My first two orders were a king size mattress and memory foam (2 separate orders), which both got lost in transit and after calling and weeding through the horrible customer service agents each time, I finally got new items shipped out. I received each item about 1-2 months after the original expected delivery date. Since then I have placed a few online pick up in store orders, which prove just how dysfunctional this store really is. I show up and they can't find the first order, leaving me standing there for over 20 minutes. Next time they cancel part of my order even though the website shows the item as in stock, and they don't provide any alternative (such as shipping the item, or replacing it and having me pick up at a later date).

This place is truly trying to be Costco, but they will never be as well ran or have the amazing customer service that Costco provides. Honestly just save your money and your time. Plus, Costco has a way better food court (the food is actually hot and doesn't make you sick like Sam's Club's food court). Overall this business deserves less than 1 star.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I rented an Enterprise vehicle via Sam’s Club. It was a prepaid rental scheduled to begin on February 4, 2020 and end on February 11, 2020. When I picked up the car on February 4 I mentioned that I might return it one day early. Enterprise staff said “No problem - we only charge you for the days you have the car.” When I returned the car on February 10, I mentioned that I was bringing it back one day early. Enterprise staff said “No problem - we only charge you for the days you have the car.”

When I did not see a credit on my card, I called Enterprise. They told me that I needed to call Sam’s Club because the rental had been made through them. When I called Sam’s Club (and after waiting perhaps 15 minutes on hold) I was told that neither Sam’s Cub nor Enterprise were going to give me the credit that I should have received. They said that it had something to do with the rental having been prepaid but THAT’S UTTER NONSENSE. LESSON - DON’T DEAL WITH SAM’S CLUB car rental.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Beware of the Sam's credit card sham. The card offers credit back to the newly opened account if you make a purchase on the same day the account is opened. However it should read if you make a purchase with the new account for which you have no number or any way to make a purchase. I made the purchase with another card and the company refused to honor the credit towards the new account. I would not recommend this card and would think hard about a company that condones that type of behavior. I am sure Mr. Walton would roll over in his grave if he was aware of the way fellow Americans are being treated.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

So over a month ago I went on their website. I ordered 2 twin mattresses and paid for them. After like a week I got a delivery scheduled and had to be there when they showed up (thank GOD I did). They brought out 2 of them off the truck and I noticed something wrong with one of them. There was a hole in the middle of it. So I asked the guys if they can take them back or they will just need to replace the damaged one. They said they will deliver one and return the damaged piece for replacement. Cool. When it came to signing off the delivery form I made sure to write that 1/2 only was delivered plus I have a camera above my door recording anyways.

I waited to hear from Sam's Club about the second half of my order but nothing for over a week. I decided to give them a call just to hear that my order was completed and delivered! Hold on a sec. That doesn't sound right. I asked the agent that barely understood English to figure out the issue and the call was fine. I don't hear anything for a few days so I call again. I talk to someone and then on hold and then someone else is on the phone. I ask who they are and it's Serta and she was all cocky. Why am I dealing with serta anyways. So she tells me they need a confirmation for a delivery company and they cannot do anything for me unless that company reports it. Boom out the window goes my second mattress and 421 dollars...

Sam'sclub is not even trying to help. I call and tweet with them almost every 2 days and oh "our team is reviewing", "it's escalated to back office", "we will call you in 72 hrs"... Now it's over a month to get a mattress or my money back and neither is happening. Their people are barely able to help or understand you. The people in store tell me they do not deal with online orders except to take a return and confirm it but no refund or anything. I am just fed up with their service completely.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Ordered a couch online and was never told about this "white glove service".. The delivery company sent me a link to choose a date and time for delivery so I picked a day and took off work, only to wait the entire day before calling and being told it was never out for delivery bc they "werent in my area" so I called Sam's Club and requested a refund for this extra charge and explained I could not take off work again for this and to leave it on the porch ASAP. Two days later I get a call saying they are 10 minutes from my house and require a signature. NO COMMUNICATION. The delivery company had to fax me a paper at work to sign saying I received the couch when I had no clue if it was really on my porch or not. I still havent received a refund. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I don't live near a Sam's, but with my membership I can get a lot of their products shipped to me free. It's so easy and convenient to shop online. It has saved me so much money and time. Love Shopping Sam's.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I ordered 1 month ago and cake for my Father in laws 75th birthday. The employee at the time was so nice helping me with the cake. This past Saturday I called the bakery in Augusta, Ga first thing in the morning to see if my cake happened to be ready. The lady on the phone was very rude. She was short and snippy and told me it would be ready at 12. I was fine with that.

At 1 pm we showed up and they couldn't locate my cake. AMANDA started yelling at me saying I called this morning and said to move it to Sunday. I explained that no I didn't, that I called asking if I could pick it up early. She proceeded to tell at me saying that is not what I said. I explained that the party was that night a 6pm. She was extremely unprofessional. I was asking her when my cake would be ready and she started throwing a tantrum saying she can't work in this condition with me talking to her. I then spoke with the bakery manager and she made excuses like she told her employees not to take orders 1 month in advance and a lady is coming to make my cake. This was by far the worst experience I have had. People have said you get the customer service at Costco. I guess we will go there now. Shame on you Sam's!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I have found a good deal on Canon Rebel T7 digital camera at Sam's Club at Shreveport store, so picked one of the empty box to pay at register. The lady at the register told me that they have to check it whether they still have to product in stock or not. After checking that they informed me they do not have the product. It was okay if it happened to me one time. It happened two times within a month in the same store and for the same product. My question is if they do not have the product then why they are displaying the product in the floor again and again. They even did not feel sorry about the inconveniences. This unacceptable for a store like Sam's club.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I love the app that lets you check out using your phone. Of course, the prices are great, included the best gasoline prices in town. The portions are big, and they have limited numbers of items, for staples and paper goods, they are my go-to store.

Sam's Club Company Information