3.6/5 (414 ratings)

About Sam's Club

Sam's Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

A delivery driver totaled my parked car on site.. I have multiple emails regarding safety concerns.. Did not receive any response.. This has been a nightmare.. They don’t care.. Be mindful in their parking lot.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

Sam's Club member services are a joke. I ordered a $1000 plus. for a week now I have been lied to with promises of a refund and a gift card for me to get the item in the store for a item I ordered LAST MONTH!!!! Again I was promised call backs, updated emails and a refund. Here it is a week later and another call to 888-746-7726 to those who do not understand and continue to tell me the same script. "We will refund you", "The case is still being worked". WTF. It's been a week and you can't honor what you said a week ago, Monday, Tues, or Wed? I am so disappointed in the way I have been treated. Charmaine hung up on me and lied again. I can't believe a item ordered November has given me so much trouble. Now I am being told they can not refund my money back but issue a gift card to the store and I still have to spend more money to get what I paid for. Unbelievable to say the least. Not what I expected from the worldwide company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

12/6/21 In the distant past I ordered a Royal Sovereign RBC 4500 money counter from Sam's Club. Twice recently I have ordered the same Royal Sovereign RBC 4500 money counter from Sam's Club & twice they have cancelled the order with the explanation that it is out of stock but, it is still advertised online as being available & even says that it will be received within about 3 days. The first time I ordered they cancelled the order the next day. The second time I ordered they took about 5 days to cancel the order. Both times they tied up the full amount of the "purchase" price, several hundreds of dollars, on my credit card.

After the first canceled order I logged into Sam's Club online & looked for the RBC 4500 money counter. I found that the item was still advertised as being available. When I clicked on the item it did NOT say that it was Not available or out of stock but gave a date about 3 days in the future when it would be received. (When I added it to the cart there was no indication that the items was not available -- same both times for when I actually ordered it.) I then called the Sam's Club chat line, explained the situation and asked the Chat rep if the money counter was available for purchase.

The Chat rep took a few minutes to review the item and then came back and said that, yes, the item is available for purchase. I ordered it for the second time on December the 1st and then on the 6th Sam's came back & e-mailed that they were cancelling the order and that the item was out of stock. I went back to the Sam's Club site, logged in and checked for that particular money counter and found that it still indicated online that it was avail and that it would be delivered within 3 days. Even when I added the item to the cart there was no indication that it was not available.

I understand that during the pandemic era/shipping issue tie ups, merchants won't have full control over their stock but they do have control over their online advertising. If the RBC 4500 money counter is not available for purchase then the online ad should say so. They should stop advertising something for sale which they do not have the ability to deliver.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Placed digital order. 1st order was never processed. Was advised from Sam's Club agent to replace order. Repurchased item. Waited 24 hours and never received. Called again and was told I had to wait 48hrs. 10 more days pass and still no order. Called to receive refund. Agent confirmed order was never received and processed a refund. The very next day, I received order I no longer needed as I had to purchase with another company. Called today to inquire about refund and was told I was not going to get a refund since I received digital order after all. All they can offer was a gift card for the amount. I did everything correct on my part and now being punished for their incompetence. Horrible horrible customer service. I will not ever recommend to purchase anything online from this company.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I called to have a $12.00 credit applied to my account for a shipment that had not been received yet, for it has gone on sale. Instead of the credit, the employee cancels my order. They say not to worry, they will have there error fixed by a supervisor and I will receive both my credit and package in the next 2 days as promised. Two days come and go and no package. I have called and spoke to several supervisors telling me that they will have there s escalated and that someone will call be back. Nobody calls, shockingly, so I call back now 7 days later. I get Lou who tells me, sorry for your luck, you have been refunded and try placing your order again. I wish there was a Costco Club close to us, for they have honorable people working for them. As for Lou and John, "the supervisors," why did you even bother giving me a case number, **, when you had no intensions of ever trying to help me?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Sam's Club supposedly offers 2021 $10 gift card bonus for military renewals. This appears to be misrepresentation after talking with Customer Service in store, Store Manager, and toll free call to Customer Service (Nicaragua) who all say yes you do get it but actually no you do not. Not a lot of money but the fruitless run around for 30+ year member is huge annoyance.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I was in the process of ordering Sam's Club merchandise online. There were 3 options for taking possession of the $500 purchase: store pickup, shipping to home, and home delivery. I was nearly at the point of submitting my card information when I noticed the option to tip the delivery driver. Granted, it was not required to tip, but if I did tip, the "recommended" amount was 15%! That means I was expected to pay a $15 delivery fee, PLUS $75 tip for delivery to my front porch of two small kitchen countertop appliances. I thought that was absolutely ridiculous.

The driver is not working in an industry like restaurant servers or hotel housekeeping where tipping is needed just to make a basic wage. The driver is being paid a full wage. A tip in this case should be for a service above and beyond the minimum. I don't think that putting a box on my porch and ringing the doorbell constitutes a service above and beyond what he is already being paid to do. I cancelled my order without completing it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

They literally gave me a bottle of 100 controlled substance pills without a child-resistant cap on it. How can this be a standard practice? I absolutely did NOT request a regular cap, I have small children. Good thing I lock my meds up but some people don't!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I applied for a store card and was approved a couple years ago. I always paid the card on time. Most of the time I paid it off or more than the minimum amount. A few weeks ago I noticed a big drop in my credit score. So I check my report and come to find out that Synchrony Bank lowered my limit a lot. When I asked why, one of the reasons was because I don't have any real estate. I didn't have any real estate when I applied and was approved for the card in the beginning. Now because of them I got to try to rebuild my score. I never want another card from this bank again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I go shopping at Sam's almost every week for grocery. They don't have as much as a regular supermarket in variety but for what they do have the prices are terrific. Ever since I've been introduced to Sam's my food cost have gone down so much in meat, chicken, laundry detergent, fruit and produce. I mean whoever heard of getting smoked Salmon for about 12.50 a lbs and it's delicious. At Sam's I get a 3 lbs Rotisserie chicken for $4.95 and it's 10X better than PUBLIX who charges close to $8.00 for a small dried up chicken. Bj's has more variety in certain things like tv dinners Hebrew National Salami and they have a Deli Department but for most things I get in Sam's because Bj's is a lot more expensive.

As Far as gas one week Sam's is cheaper. The next week Bj's is cheaper. Lately though I have found if you have Bj's Mastercard you do get an additional .10 off which at times beats Sam's price, but if you don't use Bjs CC then most of the time you are better off getting Gas At Sam's. I am a plus member. I hardly get stuff shipped unless it's out of stock in the stores or if there is a super deal. I've heard complaints about Sam's shipping. I'm not a great Fan of their shipping dept because of the 3 to 7 day ship time and I am a plus member. Would I like better shipping? Yes but the prices right now is a more important priority. If I really need fast shipping I use Amazon Prime but then again at times ever since Covid they have slowed down and their prices have gone up. Sometimes I might get lucky with eBay with price and overnight shipping but that's rare.

If Sam's would improve I'd like them to package their pre made foods tighter twice. My taco chicken meal dropped and spilled all over. A few times their Rotisserie chicken the juice dripped out of the pan while putting it in the box. But for now I have to treat certain products with kid gloves. If they got more variety and a deli department and were cheaper than Bj's I'd be in tenth heaven because right now every week I shop 3 places and it would be great to be reduced to one. Of course I'd love to see Sam's improve their shipping timeframe.

Getting in touch with Sam's on the phone is terrible but so is calling any other company. Some stuff the CS reps can handle in the store but not everything. I don't expect Sam's or any other company to improve hold time. They need their money for their shareholders plus in 2021 it seems to be that the trend is if you call a company you are going to wait 30 to 45 min. But how many times do I need to contact Sam's? I just call this complaint a minor nuisance. Improvement I've seen already this new scan the food on the phone and checkout and skipping a register is a godsend.

Overall I really like Sam's. I live in the Daytona area. I do miss them being around the corner from me So now I drive 10 miles like anyplace. They are not perfect no store is but overall their discounts are nice. I mean $16.00 for 3lbs of jumbo shrimp. Woo woo. Bj's gets $24.00 but Bj's carries Lean Cruzen Hebrew National Salami, Knishes, Gifilter fish and has a deli dept and Walmart HAS EVEN more variety and SOME stuff cheaper than both, LIKE Frozen fruit and 15 cal ice pops and turkey pastrami. Then we have Publix Grossly overprice but they have the best roast beef and the only one that carries Turkey Balona. As you see all stores have a purpose but sam's is my goto for most of my major shopping. I love Sam's.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

1- I have ordered a Casper essentials mattress from Sam's Club online on Aug 16th 2021. 2- It is supposed to arrive on Aug 23rd. 3- Till now Aug 30th the item have not arrived, actually it have not been shipped yet. 4- I spoke to countless customer service representatives and 3 different supervisors, also I drove to the Sam's club near me and they spent an hour on the line with no results. 5- Every time I speak to customer service representatives or supervisors, they act like I have never called before and they ignore the history of the case. 6- The customer support is outsourced to the Philippines, half the time I could not understand what the customer representative is saying. 7- No one in 5 days have been able to contact the vendor "Casper" which is ridiculous, so basically no one knows when the item will be shipped if ever. This is by far my worst shopping experience I have had online or otherwise, I hope somebody is reading these reviews.

Original review: June 9, 2021

This isn’t about a product, but the service I received from Sam’s (which I have been a member for 30 years). I purchased patio furniture on May 10 and the website showed that a delivery company would get in touch with me within a week. I finally called someone on May 19th to find out when delivery would be scheduled (originally told it would be delivered by the 26th). I was told I would be contacted some time the next week. I called back on the 26th, as I had heard NOTHING. Sam’s contracted with AIT (a horrible, unreliable delivery company) who had no interest in getting me my product. After calling Sam’s as well as AIT, I was told it would be delivered on June 5th. I waited all day at home, no call, no show, no nothing.

AIT said they tried to deliver, but were unable to find our house. I asked why they did not call us, they said they did, and we didn’t answer. All lies. When I contacted Sam’s the following morning, they seemed like they would be helpful, but they did nothing to try and remedy the situation. They told me to contact AIT which I informed them I had several times. Then Sam’s told me it would be delivered by the 6th and offered me free delivery and a 10% discount for my trouble. I thought, ok, one more chance. It never showed again. The very next morning I messaged Sam’s for over an hour trying to resolve this matter. The lady tells me she has to disconnect to call AIT and will send me an email.

So, I get the email a few minutes later and it tells me to contact AIT (which she was supposed to do). I called AIT again and their rep told me my furniture had been delivered in front of a metal building. I said, "What metal building?" She said, "In front of a metal building." I said, "I don’t have it," her response? "Not my problem, call the place you bought it." My husband intervened at this point and called Sam’s and seemed to get a delivery date the next Friday. He explained the discount I was offered and the customer service guy (I use that term loosely) basically called me and yelled at me asking me the incident number and told me there was no way I was getting that discount. I was shocked! I finally yelled back and told him to cancel my order that I no longer wanted to do business with Sam’s or AIT.

Both companies were both horrible to deal with and I received the WORST service I’ve ever had. Shame on Sam’s for using such a unreliable company for delivery (not to mention that they lied about everything and gave zero customer service) and shame on Sam’s for treating a long time customer with zero regard. I am going to cancel my Sam’s membership and join Costco.

Original review: May 27, 2021

Bought new lenses for my glasses I bought from Sam's 2017. That was in Feb 2021, this is May 27th 2021. The lenses are not right. I can not SEE out of the glasses. I had eye exam to make sure my eyes had not changed. Still after multiple trips to get the right prescription they are NOT right. So now they are going to put my OLD prescription back in my frames. I do not get a refund for all I have been through! $159 for a pair of lenses that are not right. If this is their policy don't buy glasses from them. I was told they have new lenses makers. Well there you go. I also told them after YEARS of getting my contacts and glasses I would not be coming back. The staff are great, I guess it's the Corp. policy! Sad Helen.

Original review: May 18, 2021

My membership automatically renews every January. I went to make a purchase online in February, it wouldn’t let me do it unless I paid another hundred dollars for my membership which was already paid for in January. Went to club, talk to customer service. They said it was a bank mistake. Contacted the bank, obviously they had nothing to do with membership. Told me it was a Sam’s Club customer service issue. Got in touch by phone with customer service person. Was very rude, laughed at what was happening then put me on hold and eventually the line just went dead and they never got back in touch with me. Tried to log into my account, I couldn’t. It said username and password is not in existence. I’ve been a customer since 1991. It’s a shame what’s happened to this company.

Original review: March 20, 2021

For the past 6 months out of the last couple of years my usual card, and other cards I use it will not complete my purchase. I then have to go thru the checkout line and rescan all of my items. The customer service desk has no idea how to fix it. I honestly don't know if I will keep the membership anymore if this isn't fixed. I will also save you the time of mentioning that "yes" I verified the funds were available on every card it declined.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Do not order online on Thursdays and Fridays, it's impossible to get in touch with their customer service and it takes at least 3 business days to get an update. My last order 1/2 was shipped out within the 3 business days and the other 1/2 is still in a "shipping" status. It's amazing that they are still doing "online" ordering because their competitors have the products already "delivered" in the 3 business days it takes to pack and ship theirs.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Sent my son to Sam's Club for me which the nearest is about 20miles from us. Have been feeling under the weather so I wanted to do my part with everything and stay home. After my son gets all the items he was refused to pay because his name is not on the card. We share the same name been plus members for over 10 years and have never had an issue like this before. Know with the pandemic going they choose to tighten their membership guidelines. But after talking to a manager they said we can go online and get our items and he could pick them up but can't go into the store and pickup stuff. They need to get their issues straightened out.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Rynda at the Sam's Club in Sharpsburg, GA is very helpful to me any time that I go into the store with an issue with either one of my hearing aids. She's very thorough and gets me taken care of quickly.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

Don't ever make a mistake scanning at this Sam's Club. You will get kick out and treated bad. They banned me for 20 cents on potatoes. They gain and I lost 20 cents. Went to customer service and was yelled at and barred from shopping at sam's club. Removed my membership. Cause of 20 cent mistake. Called corporations of sam's club. They said my membership was closed and refused my membership. I stood in line at customer service and was yelled at by their employees. No one should go through what I went through. My family been member for 25 years. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Placed 3 orders on Sam’s Club.com, for Christmas presents, for 3 families, on 12-9-2020, and received confirmation emails for all 3 orders. (Order # **) Subsequently received confirmation of shipping, via FedEx, with tracking numbers, on 12-16-2020, saying orders were on their way, with 2 arriving 12-17, and 1 arriving 12-22, all in time, before Christmas. That was the last communication from Sam’s Club. 12-26-2020, I call all 3 families to see how they liked their gifts...They tell me they NEVER got them! I check the tracking numbers, and all 3 say “Delivery Pending”. I call FedEx to find out why. They say they never receive the items from Sam’s Club for shipment.

I call Sam’s Club, and they say they never shipped them, because items were back-ordered!!!! Your website said they were available on the date ordered. My credit card was billed on 12-9. Sam’s Club had almost 3 weeks to notify me that item was NOT available, and to order something else, in time for Christmas. Instead, they sent me an email on 12-16, assuring me to relax, my items were on their way in time for Christmas delivery, and Sam’s Club was handling it! As a result, NO Christmas present for 3 families... No opportunity for me to order somewhere else, for Christmas delivery, because Sam’s Club never bothered to take the time to notify me (via Email, phone call or mail, all of which Sam’s Club had from my order). And Sam’s Club’s solution to fix this, is to simply refund my money on 12-26-2020, the day AFTER Christmas, and almost 3 weeks after the order was placed, saying “Too Bad. We are Sorry... We should have notified you”!

How does this fix Christmas for these 3 families? How does this repair my looking like a Scrooge Jerk to them??? How does that show my value as a Plus customer of Sam’s Club??? Great customer service for a Plus member who made a huge mistake and just renewed to Sam’s Club, again! And now I am left looking for 3 very late, replacement Christmas gifts, to make up for this. Thanks a LOT, Sam’s Club!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I got the membership ($100), and went to use it and was told that it was expired less than a day of purchasing it for the first time. So humiliated. Wouldn’t suggest the membership to anyone, in fact I now warn people against it. Wouldn’t want anyone to endure what I did.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I am speaking only regarding the North Little Rock, AR store. It is out of stock of many many items. The meat counters are near bare every time I shop there. The frozen foods have huge empty spaces with no stock. It looks like a Big Lots whose stock come from a surplus somewhere. I've had to just quit shopping there. It is a sad experience and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Tried to order a Samsung refrigerator at Samsclub.com. Went to checkout and placed order. I got a message that said no deliveries to Hooks TX. I opened a chat with support and finally got an answer that Samsung will not deliver to Hooks.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The store in CT has a poor setup to Exit. They have expanded their online department. They have made it very difficult to Exit the store with one very narrow walkway. This is probably a safety hazard. The people who shop here at this store are very rude to the staff I noticed. It's a shame when fellow customers can't follow simple directions .Otherwise I like this store.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I paid $5,400 for 2 top line hearing aids. Problem is materials used and the workmanship are so shoddy I've had to send them in 4xs already for repairs. It's very fortunate I got their extended warranty.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I started using Sam's Club pharmacy around 9 years ago because with no insurance they had the lowest costs. They also send reminders when it is time to refill prescriptions.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

My first online order from them over $1000 spent. Delivery was a nightmare. You have to call them a million times to get things resolved and 16 days later it has not been. Every agent gives different info. No consistency at all. No apology for the inconvenience...nothing. I shall take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Great timely service with a smile and many helpful hints. We get calls when we are due to refill our order. They always go over the item and explain in simple English what we can expect. Also, the price is great.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I have struggled for years with Sam's club and their tires not lasting. Now they are prorated so when their irregular tires fail you get to pay partial to replace them. Since the pandemic they have closed their tire departments. So if you paid extra to get flat tires repaired or rotated and balanced, you are out of luck. But after six months they have opened some of their tire departments. One that is open is in Catonsville, Maryland. It is 45 miles from my house. The staff working there was super nice. But the problem is not only did they not rotate and balance my tires, they didn't repair my flat. So I guess I will wait for a location closer to me to open so I can try again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Cleaning shopping carts is a good way to promote hygiene! Lately I've been bringing my own disinfecting wipes with me to various stores, because not all stores provide them and even those that do seem to be rather slack in cleaning the carts otherwise. Well in terms of being 'slack,' our local Sam's Club is just that when it comes to cart cleanliness! On our most recent trip to Sam's, I got a cart from the storage area (where there are no wipes immediately available to customers) and wiped down the cart as part of my normal routine--taking a very damp disinfecting wipe to rub well the handles, seat area and cart edges. The filth and dirt that came up off the cart was shocking! As I entered the store, greeters were there offering cart wipes. I showed them the dirty wipe in my hand and they just offered me one of their 'courtesy wipes' after I had already cleaned the cart!

I mentioned that they needed to do more to sanitize their carts and that's when I got dumb looks, vacant stares and rolled eyeballs from the greeters! Has anyone at Sam's even bothered to consider logistics when it comes to wiping down carts? Offering customers a wipe AFTER they've already had to handle a cart is definitely "too little too late." And how often do they actually wash or sanitize the carts? Apparently not nearly often enough based upon the amount of grime that came off the cart that I had wiped down. To clarify, I'm pleased with other aspects of the Sam's Club shopping experience. However, I feel quite disappointed by the way they are handling cart 'sanitizing.'

Sam's Club Company Information