Salvation Army Thrift Stores

• 0%
  • 5%
  • 77%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Salvation Army Thrift Stores?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Salvation Army Thrift Stores?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 23, 2024

I visited the Salvation Army of Westfield, MA on Saturday, May 18, 2024, between 3 and 4pm. I was left with an impression of disgust with the attitude of an employee, who, almost shouting from in front of the bathrooms to the cash register area, to pick up the hooks and some items she had left in the fitting room. The customer showed her hooks that she had in her shopping cart, but anyway she (the customer) went to the fitting room and took two small baby stuffed animals that she had left there. I kept thinking about that attitude, if the employee always does it because the cashier remained as if nothing had happened, or if it was because the customer was **. I think it was disrespectful, because in my place I would rather go to the lady and tell just to her, not yelling like she did.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 16, 2024

One tall, heavy fellow started shouting & talking ugly because he felt a small female customer had jumped in front of him in line. The manager courteously listened to both sides, they very professionally & courteously told the man to settle down, reminding him that "at the end of the day, you are being angry & abusive to a female, and that behavior was unmannerly and unacceptable in a store that exists to help people". It was a very sophisticated illustration of SA values. Impressed everyone in the checkout line, especially since he quickly moved on to take care of EVERYONE efficiently and cordially. What a powerful exhibition of the best of SA AND the best of humanity!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2024

The music has changed. What in the world was playing today was horrible and too loud. Christian music was a lot better. But if you don’t play Christian music, for God sake play something worth listening to.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2024

Salvation Army used to be a family store. These stores are way overpriced and the management and employees are very rude. They have stuff that’s from the dollar tree for $2 and they have items in here that are more expensive than purchasing new from a discount store. I can get items brand new from Ross for cheaper.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2023

I was shocked at how expensive the stores have gotten and how two of the exact same items can have different prices and be off by several dollars. I brought this to the cashier's attention and her response was "we don't change prices, we don't care what the tag says." I can do better in a Walmart! Or a Dollar store!

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2023

Waited over a month to have donation (bedroom set queen) picked up out of my living room. The well maintained wooden items I have were listed on the site as wooden items they accept for donation. When they arrived, one of the guys clearly had no customer service etiquette, as he walked into my home without so much as a hello. He looked at the four items and IMMEDIATELY the first words out of his mouth were, "We can't take that!" Upon my questioning him, he goes on to say it's 6ft tall (it's my height, 5ft) and how their website stated that, as though I was lying about not having seen any height/weight restrictions when I scheduled the pickup online.

How is the Salvation Army supposed to be helping families in need when they won't even accept nice donations for them!?! The rude and lazy demeanor along with the abrasive tone received from one of the two guys was disheartening for such an organization, especially a nonprofit! I left a few voicemails about the situation and asked that someone call me back so that I can lodge a complaint, and as of the date of this review, crickets! PLEASE DO NOT contact me with any "MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS" as stated below. Sadly, the mission of this organization was not met on 12/22/2023.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2023

Although the drivers for the donation was right on time, the mishandling of the furniture was very disappointing. I realize once you give items away, then the receivers can do whatever. The cloth sofa, was dragged across the filthy floor, the wooded mirror was dragged across the cement outside, lots of bumps and bruises. When they put the furniture on the truck I was in disbelief. I thought they should have taken it to the dump. People just don't care anymore.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 16, 2023

I am writing this review to acknowledge the staff and especially, Editha. She sets the example of how all customer service employees should be trained. I have a disability. I am aware that my ability to function at the register, can be frustrating for all involved. I keep returning to this store many times with consistent results as follows: I am always treated with dignity and respect. I am always treated with patience. I am always greeted with smile and familiar face, like I am visiting an old friend. She is always gracious, helpful and kind! She treats her employees well. She makes sure the store is clean, organized and displays are perfect! I hope someday, she will be selected to train all new hires! Thank you very much for your service!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2023

I went to Blaine, MN Salvation Army on 89th and spent about $200.00 this time. There’re few items I wasn’t allowed to buy because the clerk told me “the price tags were not correct,” “someone switched them!” May be so or whatever the case might be, I had no idea and how she’s supposed to even remember prices of thousands of items, she called the manager.

The manager was pricing the items randomly as he wished! A new backpack was for $25! A small rug was for $20! An used clear M size storage container was for $8! I looked at the prices online and regular stores were charging less!!! They also didn’t allow me to buy a plate because the price tag was missing. The clerk was looking at me as if I was somehow guilty! I felt so humiliated and embarrassed as I’ve never ever experienced such! I told them that they just lost a good customer! Btw: a piece of table was listed for $195.00 and when I searched online, Wayfair is selling it for $65. Go figure!

Staff

Reviewed June 3, 2022

They scheduled us two weeks out and the guys who arrived were two ** overweight guys that appeared not to want to lift anything. They looked at our donation and said it was not good or new enough for them to take. A guy named "William" was arrogant and didn't care. When I was in college, I worked for the west coast location and they were a bunch of drug addicts forced to work. They would keep the good donations. I can tell they wanted something to keep not help the poor.

Salvation Army Thrift Stores Company Information