4.0/5 (409 ratings)

About Marshalls

Marshalls Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marshalls?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marshalls?

Original review: June 18, 2022

I went to buy some things with my mom and I got a mug on the clearance aisle that was a leftover item from mother's day with a reduced price. When I went to pay at the cashier, she put the product away and looked it up and scanned it without saying anything. When I saw the receipt I went back and asked her what happened and she said that was not the correct price and she looked it up in the system and charged it full price. I told her that it was a clearance item and that she should have told me that they marked as a mistake.

Her response was that clients change the price tags to get a better deal. I was infuriated that she would just assume something like and deceivingly made a price change without notice to the paying customer. She didn't honor the price and implied that I would do such a thing. If I didn't check the receipt I would have even noticed the price change and as a customer, I deserve to know and have the right to refuse to purchase an item if the vendor is being deceiving and disrespectful. I took pictures of the item and clearly shows that they reduced the item many times before the final price that was marked.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I went to the Marshalls store in the Ellsworth Place/Mall. I received the best customer service. This woman at the checkout name Alicia was very personable and funny; she made my checkout quick and smooth. I just moved the neighborhood and this visit left a lasting impression. I would recommend this store to anyone who enjoys shopping in a clean store with helpful associates. D. ** :)

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I enjoy shopping at Marshalls and have been doing it for years. This company should not be in ordering/shipping business. I ordered boots on Oct 11. They were supposed to arrive in 5-10 days. Today is Oct 20th and they have not even shipped out yet. First time I called they told me that there was a hold because the first name on the shipping address did not match the first name on the billing address. What??!! Have you ever heard of ordering and shipping to someone else??? Second time I called they said that it was find and on the way. Third time I called they could not find the order number.

Today I talked to supervisor and she was not able to tell me when they are coming or if at all. I am leaving the country in a week and ordered them as a gift, but at this point I want to cancel my order. Well, she wasn't able to do that either. The answer I got was "Maybe it will be cancelled or maybe it won't". I have to wait to find out. Beware people! Order from Amazon. At least their customer service is excellent. No more shopping at marshalls for me.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

After reading a lot of negative reviews of people missing things in the order, or receiving something they did not order, I was scared. But I am pleasantly surprised that everything went smoothly, from ordering online, the shipping speed and received everything I ordered. Absolutely no problems. Thank you.

Original review: June 25, 2021

The Bedford, MA location has got to be the worst Marshalls location. The associates are always miserable, the store is in total disarray and quite frankly dirty. The state of the store is reminiscent to the old Building 19 in Burlington. It used to be my favorite location but I will sadly not return due to the staff being rude and clearly do not want to be there. Management is more interested in chatting with associates than doing their job and the poor leadership shows.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Selection is varied, but variety is limited. Seems maybe that should one visit the store more than once, they would not have anything new for selection. Adding inventory on a regular basis, including seasonal additions, might be helpful. Stylish and varied selection is helpful.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I placed an order online; immediately after I received the confirmation I realized there was a problem with the shipping address. I called customer service and was told that they could not cancel the order, nor could they change the delivery address on the order. The order would need to ship, once I have a tracking number I can call FedEx to have FedEx reroute. I contacted FedEx and was told that the method of shipment used was not eligible for this service. I called back Marshalls Customer Service, now I am told that I will need to call back again once I receive confirmation that the order was delivered to the incorrect address before they can assist with a “lost order” claim with the carrier. With that said, I don’t expect to receive my order for at least a month, if not more.

I realize that their policy says no cancellation but they need to improve the process, at least let the customer edit or cancel their own order online within a couple of hours. They also need to train their customer service personnel better so that they provide the correct information the 1st time you call so that you’re not wasting precious time. I will never place another online order with this company, what sounded convenient turned out to be a big inconvenience. :(

Original review: May 14, 2021

Every time I step my foot at Marshalls is always when I need something of good quality and not as pricey and they always have something to meet my expectations.... sometimes I even buy more than what I need or look for. I just love shopping here.

Original review: May 13, 2021

The Store is always clean and neat, with a very good selection of goods. The Staff are friendly and helpful, always going the extra mile for its customers. Need to stop in several times a month to take advantage of new products coming in.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Always enjoy At Home & Home Goods, DSW has large selection of shoes, Walmart for groceries is a 8, based primarily on customer service, wish they had better meats.. Seem to always buy various things at Marshall's & TJ Maxx.

Marshalls Company Information