2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Marshalls Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marshalls?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marshalls?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Whenever I go shopping, Marshalls is my first stop. Their variety and prices are most often better than other department stores. However, sometimes you really have to spend time hunting through racks of clothing--but that can be part of the fun! I love a bargain. I have noticed like most average-priced and some high-end stores, quality is difficult to find. I've seen a lot more synthetic fabrics--modal, rayon, acetate, etc. I prefer cotton and linen with a small amount of polyester. Although the synthetics are soft, they just don't last and they don't breathe. That's why I spend time in the "hunt" for a quality garment. Marshalls also has a great selection of glassware, candles, bedding and home accessories, including seasonal items. Finally, they have a generous return policy.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Love shopping here. Great selection in every department. Some designer name clothing at affordable prices. I even find things for my furry animals. Toys, treats and beds! I don't need to go anywhere else when I can find everything I need here.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I absolutely love shopping at Marshalls stores because of the great selection of merchandise in clothing, household goods and shoes. Shoes selection is a little lacking sometimes, I wish they would carry more sizes and selection. But overall... Marshalls is always a great shopping experience! You will always find what you need and MORE!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Placed an order 10/28, order has been delivered 11/29 to the address I was no longer at. When I realized that it will be huge delay in shipment I made 5 or 6 phone calls to customer service asking to cancel the order, because I won't be on that address by the time it will be delivered (if ever). Customer service is HELPLESS, even though item has not been shipped yet, they told me that they could not cancel it. Last person I spoke with (manager Patricia) told me that as soon as item will be shipped, they will create a request to return it to sender. But this did not happen, and item has been delivered to the wrong address regardless of my multiple attempts to prevent it. Customer service is awful, they are helpless liars. I most definitely won't shop there and will share this information among friends, family and in social media.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I went to Marshalls on November 5th, 2020 at 701 Sleater Kinney Rd SE, Lacey, WA 98503 at 8 pm. Since I had two carts one of the workers inside offer to help me and put one of the carts in front of the store so I can purchase my items a little bit more comfortable which I accepted. When I went to the cashier was brought my items backs and the cashier started to handle me the items, the supervisor came and said: "Don't give anything right now, let's wait and see if the transaction goes thru". Immediately I asked why? I was told that's the new policy since people most of the times don't have enough money or simply walk out. I told her that I was in the store and I did not see no one passing thru the same treatment.

Another cashier jumped in the conversation asking me about my Christmas decoration and this supervisor left. Well, unfortunately, I did not have the chance to speak to the manager about this but I will go back to the store to try to do so. Unfortunately, shop while ** it is not accepted by some people and if you have purchases that will be over 300 dollars most likely you cannot pay. I really hope that you guys do something about employees like her.

Original review: June 4, 2020

My mother in law got charged twice called and they could not refund her or send her gift card very upset over it I’m 3 hours away from the store. My mother in law is elderly and nothing can be done. Unless you go back to store.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

First time shopping at Marshalls. I found what I thought were good buys on men's shirts. Later the buttons started chipping and cracking and falling off. Since I do no like to shop for clothing and do not frequently shop, I was very disappointed. Looking for decent quality button down shirts again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I wish I could give a 0. I do majority of my shopping online, From Amazon, to coffee orders, to Macy's, DSW etc. First time ordering online from Marshall's. Will never again. I placed order on 01/20/2020. Received email confirmation it was placed on 01/20/2020. And never another update. Today was my 4th call to Marshall's online customer service and all they can tell me is they can reach out to the fulfillment center. I "Had" to wait until today 10 business days later to cancel (Marshall's online still can not tell me when it" possibly" would be shipped). And even though they can not give me a Ship date (about 100.00 worth of merchandise ordered). They still need to send an email to the fulfillment center to get it cancelled and my credit. Big disappointment.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

My order was cancelled with no explanation. I am on a time limit to receive the items, I could have ordered elsewhere within the time frame it took them to let me know they did not have the item in stock, assuming that is why the order was cancelled. It took them 3 1/2 to let me know. First time ordering online with Marshalls, I had higher expectations for them since their stores do pretty well.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I've ordered from their website many times and from their sister site, Marshalls and encountered some issues. Marshalls never sent me a sweater and kept telling me they couldn't cancel the order and that it has been "released to shipment." I think they stalled in fulfilling the order, it ran out of stock and haven't bothered to do anything about it. Luckily I was not charged for it. The next issue was that they sent the wrong color of a sweater but labeled it as the correct color. I didn't bother to contact them as I didn't hate the grey color. But...

This time, they sent me another wrong item. It's by the same brand and a similar texture but in no way the same style. It's a totally different color and a turtleneck. I tried contacting them through email, which has gotten a response in the past. This time, nothing. I opened a dispute with Paypal. I adore their stores and have had smooth online orders in the past. But it seems they try to "substitute" ordered items by either random items or by similar ones. It's strange and I've never encountered a company that does this. I refuse to believe their staff is that incompetent to realize teal is not the same as grey. It's as if they think if they just throw a random item in the order, the customer will be pacified. I'd rather have the item cancelled than be excited for an item and discover it's the wrong one. I'm hoping my other two orders are fulfilled correctly but if not, I won't order online from them again.

Marshalls Company Information