2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Marshalls Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marshalls?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marshalls?

Original review: April 21, 2021

I've loved shopping at Marshalls for years, but now during this pandemic they're the only company I've run into that won't try to coordinate your orders. The same item they canceled on my order they still had online but at a higher price. When I called customer service they were no help to send me that item and said I'd have to make a new order. Are you kidding, that's how they lose customers and go bankrupt, hence the 2 stars. Poor customer service. I'll find another place to shop.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I use to buy a pair of shoes at least, every month. Since the pandemic, and now the same, the shoe quality and inventory has deteriorated. All leather name brand shoes are gone, everything is plastic manmade garbage and no name brands.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I would give a negative star if I could. I am very disappointed with my experience on Marshalls.com. I recently placed order and qualified for free shipping. Unfortunately, one of the items I selected was unavailable and canceled without giving me a chance to cancel my entire order. As a result of this cancelation, my order fell below the free shipping threshold. In addition to being very disappointed that Marshalls canceled my order, it also charged me shipping. I will have to replace the stocking stuffer you canceled. BUT it will not be at any of your stores thanks to this experience. This was my first Marshalls order and will probably be my last, as a result of this org policy. As a consumer I have a choice and I choose not to support the profit of a organization.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Placed an order 10/28, order has been delivered 11/29 to the address I was no longer at. When I realized that it will be huge delay in shipment I made 5 or 6 phone calls to customer service asking to cancel the order, because I won't be on that address by the time it will be delivered (if ever). Customer service is HELPLESS, even though item has not been shipped yet, they told me that they could not cancel it. Last person I spoke with (manager Patricia) told me that as soon as item will be shipped, they will create a request to return it to sender. But this did not happen, and item has been delivered to the wrong address regardless of my multiple attempts to prevent it. Customer service is awful, they are helpless liars. I most definitely won't shop there and will share this information among friends, family and in social media.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I went to Marshalls on November 5th, 2020 at 701 Sleater Kinney Rd SE, Lacey, WA 98503 at 8 pm. Since I had two carts one of the workers inside offer to help me and put one of the carts in front of the store so I can purchase my items a little bit more comfortable which I accepted. When I went to the cashier was brought my items backs and the cashier started to handle me the items, the supervisor came and said: "Don't give anything right now, let's wait and see if the transaction goes thru". Immediately I asked why? I was told that's the new policy since people most of the times don't have enough money or simply walk out. I told her that I was in the store and I did not see no one passing thru the same treatment.

Another cashier jumped in the conversation asking me about my Christmas decoration and this supervisor left. Well, unfortunately, I did not have the chance to speak to the manager about this but I will go back to the store to try to do so. Unfortunately, shop while ** it is not accepted by some people and if you have purchases that will be over 300 dollars most likely you cannot pay. I really hope that you guys do something about employees like her.

Original review: June 4, 2020

My mother in law got charged twice called and they could not refund her or send her gift card very upset over it I’m 3 hours away from the store. My mother in law is elderly and nothing can be done. Unless you go back to store.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

First time shopping at Marshalls. I found what I thought were good buys on men's shirts. Later the buttons started chipping and cracking and falling off. Since I do no like to shop for clothing and do not frequently shop, I was very disappointed. Looking for decent quality button down shirts again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Whenever I go shopping, Marshalls is my first stop. Their variety and prices are most often better than other department stores. However, sometimes you really have to spend time hunting through racks of clothing--but that can be part of the fun! I love a bargain. I have noticed like most average-priced and some high-end stores, quality is difficult to find. I've seen a lot more synthetic fabrics--modal, rayon, acetate, etc. I prefer cotton and linen with a small amount of polyester. Although the synthetics are soft, they just don't last and they don't breathe. That's why I spend time in the "hunt" for a quality garment. Marshalls also has a great selection of glassware, candles, bedding and home accessories, including seasonal items. Finally, they have a generous return policy.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Love shopping here. Great selection in every department. Some designer name clothing at affordable prices. I even find things for my furry animals. Toys, treats and beds! I don't need to go anywhere else when I can find everything I need here.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I absolutely love shopping at Marshalls stores because of the great selection of merchandise in clothing, household goods and shoes. Shoes selection is a little lacking sometimes, I wish they would carry more sizes and selection. But overall... Marshalls is always a great shopping experience! You will always find what you need and MORE!

Marshalls Company Information