Lands' End

Lands' End

4.0/5 (296 ratings)

About Lands' End

Lands' End Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lands' End?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land's End?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I ordered a robe from Land's End thinking that if it did not work out I could return it easily as with most other companies who are serving Canadians. I received the item, it was poor quality (a surprise) and I wanted to return it. The return policy choices are 5, and one clearly states no free return shipping from Canada unless you ordered by phone. I had ordered online from the Land's End website. I got to a screen that showed a Canadian address for returns but gave no label. It indicated that one would take it to one's carrier of choice. Below there was the form for returns, but only for the USA.

I ended up paying $24.55 to return this robe that cost$79.16. I called Land's End to ask about this after I sent the parcel and they gave me quite the run around about how I should have called them to get a Canadian mailing label. Nowhere on the return site of Land's End was this made an option. I was sent through 3 agents before being told over and over that I should have called. Bizarre. This is not a good company to deal with for Canadian shipping and returns. It is costly to get it, and even more expensive to return.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Ordered 3 shirts, each with the same monogram and format. They changed the monogram on two of the shirts and will not own up to their mistake because it is already monogrammed (with their error)! In what universe is that logical! This is the last time I ever use Lands' End. It used to be a good quality, reputable company. However, now that Sears owns it, it is going down the tubes. It deserves to go out of business along with the parent company.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I purchased two items for a relative in Canada. The items shipped from a location in Canada and were returned to a location in Canada, yet I was charged duty. When the items didn't fit the first Lands' End rep said she would send me a prepaid return shipping label, but when it hadn't arrived by October 1st my family member just used the return label that was in the package and shipped on 10/01/2021. The parcel then dropped off the face of the planet on 10/12/21 and remains listed as delayed as of 10/29/21. When I called Lands End on the 10/24 I was told the package was in "covid quarantine and being sterilized." Honestly, I don't care what they do with those brand new coats, I just want my refund processed. Instead they are sterilizing and sitting on them.

The last customer service rep I spoke to was incredibly rude. Her comment on the $65 in duty was that I would pay duty if I shipped a parcel from my house! Well, ok, but I would only pay 7.8% tax not the 17.57% they charged me on top of the duty. I've purchased items from Amazon, Gap, Bath and Body Works, candy stores, etc. all in Canada shipping within Canada and did not pay duty. To disabuse anyone of the notion that these are typical delays for shipments from Canada, the same relative sent a packages via Canada Post a week after the Lands End return was shipped and that parcel was received within 5 business days. That was over two weeks ago. It's just inexcusable. Save your money and time. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE FROM LANDS END!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I find it outrageous that your policy is to send by email an e-card as a refund which is not linked to the account. Specially as this so-called ecard is not connected to the item refunded nor the order number of the purchased made. So when we receive it, we have no idea to what item refunded it relates to nor to what order number it relates to verify amount is correct, for the correct item refunded. Your policy is to bank/bet that customer will end up forgetting the e card, lose it in the amount of junk email with promotion that they receive.

Tip for consumers: The refund policy is a very controversial process where only Lands' End has information and the customer has none and is forced into a complex process of investigation what order made when, what was returned, amount to be refunded. We asked for the refund, they proposed to deduct cost of shipping to which we agreed. Then they went back to say they cannot refund my credit card and that I have to use the merchandise credit card with them. Products used: This is a review on the service that propose a refund that the customer will potentially lose, end up forgetting and with obvious hassle for the customer to check and track.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

This company takes over two weeks to ship your order. Customer service staff are rude, unable to answer your questions, and unhelpful. If you pay these high prices you expect a better service. I would never buy at Lands' End again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I placed an order with a Lands' End agent via the phone. My order was paid on the same date it was ordered. Two weeks later, I called Lands End to inquire about the date when my order will arrive. I was told by the agent that it is unknown when my order will leave their warehouse in Wisconsin and unknown when it will be delivered to me. The reason given is due to heavy customer demand, there is a problem processing all the orders due to lack of employees. I explained that when I placed the order, the agent never mentioned to me that my order would be delayed. Their business management policies need to be reviewed and revised as the end result is poor customer service.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I am utterly disappointed with this company and our school requirements. Our school is requiring uniforms only to be ordered from Lands' End. I ordered on 8/5 and they said to expect 4-5 additional days for embroidered items. It is 9/8 and now it states to expect an additional 30-35 business days for embroidered items. It is a requirement for them have their logos exclusively from this company and they can't meet the demands. They should not work with schools if they can't meet the demands. Many, many families are having to purchase additional clothing without labels while they wait months for clothes to ship. I hope that school board decides to go with a different company soon!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I had received a Land's End rash guard top as a gift. I had also ordered the same top for myself prior to receiving the gift. Both tops were the same size and were too small. I had the order number for the top I bought myself but the other top was a gift and did not have an order. They refused to give me any money for the gifted top so I am out a $35 top. In addition, I packaged the two return tops in the same return pack as another purchase and they deducted the shipping price twice. I am so disappointed, seems like someone could have helped me.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Their refund policy says you get your refund how you paid. I got merchandise credit because I checked free returns. What? They need to state that more clearly. Won’t be ordering again. Customer service did resolve the issue and credited my PayPal account, but will deduct $6.97 for shipping from my refund. Will never order again.

Original review: July 31, 2021

In 40-plus years, I have never had anything but excellent transactions with Lands' End. I have purchased everything from winter coats to underwear. Wonderful merchandise. I have on occasion had to return or exchange an item, which I have usually done by phone because I get mixed up with the return slips. Little time on hold, friendly, competent staff, easy transaction. No overcharging, ever. Their prices are good, quality is terrific. The exchanges or returns are always due to a bad fit - my own fault, not theirs - and either they have the right size or they don't, but they are always courteous, reliable, and professional. I have never once been dissatisfied, either with quality or interaction.

Lands' End Company Information