Lands' End
  • 1 star
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Lands' End

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 27, 2017

44 Lands' End Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Lands' End has the worst website. Quantities are not updated. I purchased a pair of jeans that stated they were in stock. Paid for my jeans and got a phone call an hour later stating that the jeans I ordered were out of stock. As of 8:57 AM on 11/27/2017, most of the women's coats are also out of stock. Even though the page states the color and size you picked out states the coat is IN-STOCK. Click on ADD TO BAG and a stupid message pops up stating "sorry we're out of stock." Never again will I place an order. Oh wait! It's impossible to place an order, because Lands' End is sold out of everything.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

They used to make their clothing in the US because my mother was a quality control inspector who checked the garments to make sure that stripes and checks lined up, and that the material looked ok. Back then I could rationalize spending more money to get quality goods. Now most of the stuff is made overseas so WHY is it so overpriced? Also when they do have a sale, things gets sold out (or I suspect that they are holding inventory back so they can hike the price back up). I have a coupon for 60% off and had gotten 40% off so I asked if I could use the one for 60 instead - NOPE. They want every little dollar they get.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

While they do not have a wide range of products, the quality and durability is superb. They have frequent sales and have incentives. Shipping is quick and service excellent.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I placed an order on the 15 of August for $208. I was browsing through my mobile banking and it turns out that they took off $89 on the 17 of August. I never place any additional orders. So I contact my bank and let them know that there was a purchase from this store that was not me. They told me the website got hacked or that one of the employees took my information down. I was livid at this point.

As a first time customer I thought it would exceed my expansion! So I emailed Land Ends and they sent me an email saying that the $208 had been split into two different orders so that why it was two charges but it doesn't make sense. My total was for $208 and I still got charge $89 for what?? I told them to close my account after this incident. I'm upset that I had to close my bank account and cards over this stupid website. Never again am I ordering from here. It was clearly one of their employees that took my information down. That's so messed up! I seriously do not recommend this website to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

My husband has purchased many products from Lands' End over the years, however this will probably be his last order if I have anything to say about it. The last shirt he purchased was about $60... a short sleeved plaid. The plaid on the side seam was 2" off and VERY obvious because it was a large plaid. The sleeves were not the same matching the plaid and even the buttoned front was off about a half an inch... very obvious! I would have flunked sewing in home economics in high school if I had done that bad of a job. Guess what??? Made in China... DUH!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land's End?

Original review: July 14, 2017

In the past, I looked to Lands' End as one of the "go to" places for quality staple-type clothing. I had been wondering why both quality and customer service seemed to be gradually tanking over the past decade... In a recent Sale purchase, when I asked why I didn't receive the advertised sale price, I was told "their sale start times vary - sorry." What a way to keep your customers!!! Sears purchased Lands' End in 2002, they did the name and product great harm. Oh well... that's capitalism. It's got LLBean "dancin' in the streets" but I do wish LLB could do some work on their "back woods styling" issues. Give us something stylish enough to dance in the streets in LLB!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Long time customer. Just went through a lengthy order. Asked for delivery within a one week window. Not worried about paying extra delivery charge if needed. Didn't fit into their schedule and "policy" prevents " holding" the items. I suggested holding the order to satisfy their rules. They just said "no". I am somewhat mad but more questioning how they can profess to be customer friendly. I did request removal from mailing lists as I have no intention of buying from them again.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I ordered a swimsuit two weeks ago. It never came. Then I received an email from the post office saying there was an incorrect address. I called Land's End on a Sunday stating the problem. She said to go pick up my package across town at a post office in a diff. zip code. I went there, they had shipped it back to Land's End. I called them again. They stated that I should be more careful because I had entered the wrong address. I did no such thing. They told me to check my computer and correct my address for future purchases. There was nothing wrong with my computer, and I told her there would be no further problem because I will never order from Land's End again. I order from about 12 different catalogs, and I certainly know my own address. I was surprised by the rudeness of this company, especially when their phone greeting expresses how friendly they are. I will encourage others not to waste their time on them.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I bought 5 pairs of socks ($57.61) and shipped them to a rented vacation apartment where I was going to be for 1 week. I started tracking the package because I was leaving for a trip and had to take those socks as a present for my niece. Package was late for 3 days because according to them there was a fire at the USPS facility (now that I read all this complaints about Land's End shipping and delivery dates, I assume the fire was not true).

I called 2 days ahead of the due date for receiving the order, stating that I saw on the tracking page that the package was still very far away and asked if they can reroute the order because I was not going to be able to receive them and take them with me. Customer service via chat was a disaster. They said they could not help and that maybe calling customer service was better. I did call and they did nothing. They said I should wait until the expected delivery date and if not call then.

Obviously the package was delivered 2 days later. I couldn't take the present with me. I called for a refund because this was their mistake and they stated that someone had signed for it (the person at the mail room) and now I had nothing to call for. They suggested 2 options: 1) call the person at the mail room (because that was a rented apartment for vacation purposes only) and ask if they can open the package and return the order, which I did but they said for security purposes they do not open packages of other people or 2) call the credit card and dispute the charge.

I called the credit card. The credit card called land's End and we were both surprised about the rudeness of the customer credit specialist. I decided the socks were going to cost me a lot more if I still continue on the line with that inhuman person, so now the socks will stay forever until they throw them away on that mailroom, but will assure everyone I NEVER BUY AGAIN FROM LAND'S END and also make sure everyone knows about the disaster this company is. I buy a lot online, and never had a yes or a no with any other company. SHAME on Land's End.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I ordered a Squall park in black xs and a Squall hooded jacket in red xs on the 21st of January. I paid for expedited shipping so that it would come in time for my trip to Vancouver, Canada. I expected my package to arrive by Tuesday or Wednesday, so when it did not show up I called their contact number. The woman told me that my order never went through because they tried to charge my card four times and it didn't work. They had four days to email me or call me and let me know that the order did not go through and that I needed to use a different credit card, and yet I received no notifications. I did not even find out until I notified them that the card didn't go through! That is terrible customer service. I shouldn't even have been able to complete an order on the site if my credit card didn't work. I am now SOL and am flying to a cold country tomorrow because they failed to inform me of any of this and instead ignored my order.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I placed an order on December 6, 2016 for my daughter school uniforms. I was told that if I used my VISA card I would get a free 2 day expedited shipping. In my order I had 2 polo T-shirts, 2 dresses, and a pair of pants. Prior to this order I place a similar order and I was sent out items that did not need a logo first, then the rest of my order came in (items that had a logo). On this particular order none of my order was shipped out to me "expedited" like they said or by the 3-5 days they stated for logo prints.

When I called Customer Service I was told that they could not do anything since I was getting free shipping. I am very disappointed in Land's End for their miscommunication and bad customer service. The young girl who was helping me was rude and would not listen to my needs. She just kept talking over me and going on about how she cannot control my shipment.

Then when speaking to her supervisor she was not much of help either. As she said that every order they ship is different, that they do not always ship items when they are ready. They usually wait till all items are ready to ship. And she advised me that in the future when I order online to call and tell them to ship items that do not require logo printing to be shipped out first. I think that is just too much to have to do when placing an order. This is by far the worst service I have received. So note to future customers: Make sure you place your orders accordingly because you may or may not get your orders on time as promised.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Here's the review that I tried to post twice. As of today, 12/1/16 it wasn't posted, however others later than mine were. I can't trust them. "Item #474987AFX Smells Like Gas, Made in China. I'm waiting for an MSDS from Allied Feather and Down, the company that supplies the hyper dry down. Not sure if it's the down or the fabric that smells like gas. The label says it has no PFOA or PTFE, but I'm wondering if what they are using to waterproof the down is worse. If I don't get an MSDS, I will return it. Aside from the gas smell, the coat is ok. Easy to pack, light weight, nice length, not too many pockets and reasonably warm for what it is. I have not tested the water repellency since it may go back. Unless it has some chemical known to be highly carcinogenic, it will probably end up in a SHTF bag I plan to put together. This seems like a nice coat for an emergency bag, not so sure if I would wear it on a daily basis without a SHTF scenario because of the chemical smell. With the 50% off coupon, it's an ok value. I don't think it's worth $170 though, especially since it's made in China."

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

Yeah, so I paid extra money to get my son's uniforms delivered on time and when they didn't arrive in the mail, I called up Customer Service to find out where my order was. My paid printed order specifically states to please allow 1-2 business days from when order was processed (1-2 days), so ok I waited patiently. I called them the day it was due to arrive and when a customer rep answered and then suddenly transferred my call to her Manager without my knowledge. I was a bit taken aback but gave him my order # nonetheless, only to find out that my ordered items never left the warehouse as of yet and manager says I can expect to receive them in about 7-10 days. Told him it was not acceptable, given that I paid for expedited delivery so should be 4 days at most and were past that!

So now the manager has assured me to do a rush delivery of my order and that could arrive as early as in 2 days which, is still much later than the initial expedited delivery date I paid extra for and unfortunately, is way too late since my son's school has already started. Not good... Can you imagine if I hadn't inquired about my order... And what was the point of paying extra shipping costs to expedite when they didn't keep to their delivery time. From a 1st time buyer at Land's End.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Do not waste your time or money. How do you advertise being great at customer service just to be the opposite? Seems like this call center is full of bitter, old, mean hogs that have no real remorse for customers and no real ability to provide good customer service. They will get your order wrong and then act dry and nonchalant when you call in for resolution. If you want your card charge 3 times just to be running around returning merchandise or waiting forever to get it then good luck shopping with Land's End.

Original review: May 28, 2016

Land's End likes to claim that it is dedicated to customer service. Based on my latest interaction with them, I think that's just false advertising. I returned a box of clothing because I cannot wear Land's End items after the company's complete betrayal of women when it decided to bow to political and religious pressure and remove Gloria Steinem's interview from their website. I will not patronize a company that involves itself in discriminatory politics.

I sent the clothing back and asked for a refund. In return, I got a check for only 25% of the clothing's value, based on what they called an "Excessive Return." Yet Land's End's return policy states that returns are accepted without any indication that there's a punishment if you return "too much" (and no explanation of how much would be too much). I did not even receive a letter in response, acknowledging my concerns. That's appalling. When a customer has a legitimate concern about a company's public political behavior, there should at least be a letter acknowledging that. I will never purchase from Land's End again, after 30 years of being a customer. Their return policy is a sham and their actions are discriminatory against consumers who do not share the political agenda of the Religious Right.

Original review: April 12, 2016

I was a Land's End customer for more than 20 years, and have purchased numerous swim wear items over the years. I ordered and began wearing a new swimsuit in mid-Jan 2016, and was dismayed when the fabric across the backside began to disintegrate in late Feb. I ordered a replacement on March 3, only to have the same thing happen again after less than four weeks of use. This time the fabric began disintegrating not just across the backside, but along both side seams as well.

When I wrote to customer service I received the following: "Thank you for writing to Land's End. The Industry standards for swim items are for three times a week pool use for three months. That's even with rinsing after each use as the chlorine will break down the Spandex while using and it's almost impossible to get it completely removed with rinsing." So basically, LE is selling swimwear that cannot be used for swimming. Using their "industry standard" formula, one of their suits should be expected to last roughly 36 uses (3 days per week x 12 weeks), or one summer. Yet the second suit I ordered from them didn't even make it half as long. Once upon a time a swimsuit from LE was one of exceptional quality that could be used for years, not a few weeks. Sadly, Land's End now sells disposable clothing that cannot be expected to last even one season.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

It used to be that when I needed new clothes, I'd just go into about 3 different local stores in malls and purchase what I needed. Then, from about 2010 to 2013, I began to notice that the quality in all 3 stores had significantly declined to a point where I just refused to pay good money for such low quality items anymore. I really didn't know what I was going to do because I just couldn't seem to find any place that sold good quality clothing anymore. I was looking for clothing online to purchase as gifts and I came across Land's End website. I bought some things and had them sent to the recipients. They liked the gifts, so I thought I would order from Land's End and see whether I'd like their clothing too. That was 3 years ago and I haven't looked back. I purchase all my clothing from Land's End now. I've never had to return anything for any reason.

Thank goodness for Land's End. Otherwise, I would have had to make all of my own clothing. I do think that the stores I used to frequent may have improved their quality of products since then, but for me, it's kind of late now because I purchase just about everything from Land's End now and I will continue to do so. I love Land's End.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

I received a letter 3 days ago from Land's End after returning back from my vacation that they shipped a product to me and I did not pay. Order number **. I called them this morning and was told that the credit card holder whom it was used to make the purchase actually made a fraud claim against the company saying that he/she never ordered it and does not know the shipping address. They then charged the products against me and said that my name is already in collection. Prior to calling them, I had no ideas what Land's End is until the representative explained to me that it is an online fashion shopping website.

When I asked what the resolution would be for me since I did not order the goods, I pretty much was told to send the products back or send them the money for something I did not do, and they don't have a resolution for it. My name is now in collection and they do not care even though I absolutely had no ideas what this Company is about or if it exists prior to making the calls. This is an absolutely worse site ever. I am going to file a police report, report it to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the credit bureau, and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

I am willing to prosecute whoever did this and I really think that this company should not exist because of how inefficient they are when it comes to situation like this. They do not care if you are in collection for something you did not commit. They absolutely do not care about their customer service, or it is because I have never been their customer and didn't even know they exist??? This site absolutely deserve a negative millions star.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

This is my first experience with Land's End and it has been by far the worst ever. I ordered my son's uniforms a week ago. Called today and they said it will take another 3 or 4 days before it even ships, keep in mind school started a week ago so my son has to spend another week without a uniform. Customer service is BUST and between what they give you and what the website says nothing is consistent. When I placed the order, the website says 3-5 business days, but when you call customer service, they say 3-10 business, totally false advertising on the time frame.

I will definitely be speaking with the prep school about opting for other vendors. These people are all over the place and seem to be behind even though they knew a new school year was approaching. I have spoken to numerous parents of other students at the school who all say the same thing. One parent said it's been almost 3 weeks and still nothing which is totally unacceptable.

Original review: July 3, 2015

Clothing material is very THIN, why is that? I have purchase your product for years and in the last 5 years, it seem like it is paper anymore. My question is WHY.

Original review: May 27, 2015

I grew up wearing Land's End clothes in the 1980s. I started shopping there again when my kid was born in 2006. Over the past 5 years, the quality and design of the clothes has plummeted, and their once very flexible return policy has become rigid. There was a time, around 2009, when they had gorgeous, sturdy mix-and-match girls' outfits (the "Knit Kit" -- plaid twirl skirts, matching long-sleeved tees with coordinating graphics, and patterned tights. So cute!) Now the stuff looks like a dorky version of Target and doesn't last. I don't know what Sears is doing, but I think they have ruined a company with a long-term, sterling reputation.

Original review: May 3, 2015

When buying online it is possible to find that item does not fit or it does not look as nice as it was on the screen. I tried to return two blouses and this proved impossible. As these items came from Borderfree I had to pay duty, so relatively reasonable price does not seem to be that reasonable after all. To return I had to post it back to USA address and after 10 days parcel returned.

Contacting Customer Services taught me that the address was not correct although I got it from piece of paper which came with the goods. They reimbursed cost of posting but I am still stuck with items I don't like and don't want to keep. I suggested that my items should be posted to address in UK and let them deal with the rest of the return. There was no answer to that suggestion. Apart from this latest problem, I too noticed that items are not as good quality as they used to be. Another point which irritated me was that the choice for plus sizes was rather poor. I'll stop being Land's End customer.

Original review: March 23, 2015

My favorite online clothing store! I have shopped online from Land's End for a decade, and I rarely have problems. If anything does not fit, I return the item to my local Sears and obtain a refund - no questions asked. At 6 ft tall, their women's clothing fits me, especially their tall size women's items and their shoes. 90 percent of my clothing and about half of my children's clothing comes from Land's End.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2014

I recently purchased a winter coat online at Lands End, I have had many lovely Items from them but have never bought on line, and now will neither buy online or instore. They advertised the backorder date for the 14th of November, I purchased it on the 11th willing to wait until then to have it in the color I liked, then on the 14th it got back ordered to the 28th, so I contacted customer service and the rep assured me I would have it shortly after and that it could actually come earlier than the new expected date. I declined at that point to change to the next color choice because I was under the impression it wouldn't be long and I loved the color. I told them that the wrong back order date was still on the website on the item's description page so anyone purchasing would be under the same assumption that I was.

Then a day after the new backorder date, they notified me it was back ordered a second time now DEC 12. (They thought) the new customer service rep was doing her best to convince me that they were at the mercy of the warehouses, and suggested I changed colors, by now they didn't have it in any color other than fuchsia- yuck. Also didn't have my size. So here we are, almost six weeks later and I still have no coat, and no idea when it will come. They also have not updated the backorder date to the now third date they have given via email, so any customer ordering a fuchsia coat and expecting it soon is in for a rude awakening.

I told one of the moms in my neighborhood about it and she had actually bought the same coat, different color under the assumption that it would be in also on the 28th. So we called customer service together, they told us they had no control over when the coats get there, and when we pointed out they absolutely have control over updating the website and giving their customers accurate information to make the best choice for their needs. The rep had no comment. Didn't offer to do anything to make us happy about the situation, finally after I asked, it was upgraded to an over night shipping... whenever it fabricates itself I guess. So I may have my coat, sometime by spring. Maybe. I guess it depends on the warehouses.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

I own several Land's End items and never had any issues with any of them. I got out my squall gloves and noticed a ripped seam on one of them. Land's End return policy states "if you're not satisfied with any item, simply return it to us at any time for an exchange or refund of it's purchase price." They would not exchange the gloves because this years squall gloves have different product number, they did offer a refund of 25% of what I paid (lowest price sold for). I do not believe they stand behind their products and I will never buy from them again. The return policy at best is very misleading and at worst a bold lie.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

I am returning two sweaters and a pair of snow boots with a zipper on the side. I have noticed quality in fabric content slipping to the point that this return ends my very long term, happy relationship I had with land's end. Their catalog states imported (not the country it is from). This last order was China. Not my desire to wear something made in China. I will only shop from companies where Made in America means something. Goodbye, Land's End!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2014
I love Land's End. I have been such a great customer for years. They have great clothing, high quality and carry plus sizes. I was shocked at the latest catalog.

Every item I would purchase was not carried in plus. I have come to rely on the fabulous consistency of having so many great choices in all colors and always equally in plus sizes. This catalog did not have any plus options for all of the choices I hoped for. I really hope this is not the direction Land's End is going. I have come to count on all the choice in my size, and colors! Please work on providing plus women with all of the great clothes and colors everyone else gets to choose, or frankly I will search out companies that do. Thank you for your consideration.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2014

I placed an order with Lands' End and it happened to be free shipping, which I really did care about, but I figured why not. Well come to find out every time you get free shipping it comes through the US Post Office and we all know how reliable they are. SO BEWARE IF YOU DON'T PAY THE UPCHARGE OF $5.00. It will take well over a week to get your order! So it isn't really free shipping - it is JUST PAY $5.00.

Original review: July 9, 2014

This company doesn't even deserve one star. I feel like any five star reviews are either fake or paid for by the company. I'm a first time customer and I feel like I've been cheated. Their customer service is horrendous. I called them twice to try to exchange. One lady told me I have to pay for shipping on the exchange despite the fact that the website says reorders are free. She also gave me a very snooty attitude with no apologies. I called a second time a week later and this lady gave me an even bigger attitude, but she at least apologized when I pointed out how she was complaining about my aggravation. I'm sorry. I thought you were working for the customer - not the other way around. I have a recording of that conversation. I'm debating on posting it everywhere. They have definitely lost me forever as a customer. That's too bad because I expected more from them with my first order.

Original review: June 14, 2014

Poor customer service experience. Shipping is slower than expected even when paying extra. If the cust service team is any indication of how much this company cares for its product & customers, then it clearly won't mind losing this buyer.

Lands' End Company Information