1.58/5
Based on 65 reviews that contain star ratings

67 Lands' End Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

Coat made in Taiwan or Vietnam. Bought coat in Feb 2019. Expected delivery May 1 2019. It came months early. Lands’ End apparently outsourced this pc of garbage winter coat! The fake fur 1/4 inches long looks like rats ate it! Terrible terrible customer service! They will be out of business within 2 years.

Original review: April 6, 2019

So pleasant, professional and effective. From the voice on the phone system to the ladies you talk to, they make you feel and DO get taken care of. How one treats you AFTER the sale (even years) is the sign of a good company. If there were more than 5 stars to give, they would get it.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I ordered a Paisley canvas bag on March 2nd. I called the Lands' End customer service to change the Font on the writing of my name on the bag so the lady changed it. But when the bag came I did not like the color I picked so I called again and asked if they could re-do the bag. "Yes," the lady said. "Send it back and we will re-do it." So I sent it back and I wasn't seeing the bag yet and I called them twice to verify that I was getting the Paisley bag and I never got such a runaround with communication between all the customer service people.

Needless to say I never got my bag because the first customer service lady did not check availability of this bag. And I lost out on the best bag I ever picked out because OF THEIR ERRORS IN ALL THE CALLS I MADE. SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE YOU ORDER AND AFTER TO MAKE SURE THEY GET IT RIGHT. I have never had such poor customer service in my life. I hope I can maybe find this bag online some day!!!!

Original review: March 11, 2019

"The customer is always a criminal." I think that must be their motto. I purchased a coat online and it was too big. I could have 100+ pounds on me and still fit in it. When I took it into the store to return Mary ** was rude about me returning it. She was not pleasant at all. It was as if she was skeptical of why I was returning it. I had an older item with a broken zipper to exchange/return/repair whatever and again Mary ** treated me like a criminal. "I can't even tell this is a Land's End item. I don't see tags." She actually said that. Well, she looked harder and found the tag on the item. Then was like, "You'll probably get $5, this is old." So I quoted the guarantee they have, the whole, return forever thing. And she gives me a weird look and just says, "Depreciation. You know what that means?" As if I'm some kind of idiot or dummy.

And I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened my email to see I had a $5.28 credit to Land's End awaiting me. This was for a long down jacket. A long down jacket was valued at $5? Yeah, so, stay away from this company. We called the corporate customer service and they were just as unhelpful as the rest of the people we encountered. Now we have to try to see if they haven't thrown away the jacket.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have ordered Lands End clothing for 5 years. Dress code at work is business. I started out trying a dress shirt and now I'm in Lands End head to toe every day. Here's my review: Dress shirts: Supima and Optima with the only difference being material thickness, i.e., fall/winter vs spring/summer. Fit true to size. Great patterns. Solid buttons. Long enough to tuck in and stay tucked. No iron. Always looks sharp. LOVE them. I've tried Dillards Gold Label and they just don't compare in quality.

Dress Pants: Super soft. Flexible for squatting, stooping, and bending. Choose inseam size which is great. Washes well. Holds up. Dress socks: just a bit thin but looks nice. I do prefer other brands but still wear the ones I have. Belts: these are solid belts that hold up nicely. I have a bit of a stomach so typically tear through belts quickly but these last. I love that they are light colored on the back so I can easily see the holes when putting it on. I have a brown and black belt. Love them.

Casual Chinos: these are great pants too. More flexible than the dress pants so they are good for any activity. Pajamas: love this set too. The shirt is perfectly thick and soft. The pants hold up well. I always tear the crotch out of pajama pants but haven't yet with these. My wife buys their clothes too and loves them. What she doesn't like, she sends back with no problems. They are slow to ship but worth the wait. I don't shop anywhere else for clothes at this point.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land's End?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Purchased a Lands' End Winter squall jacket in late Dec 2018. Washed it once as recommended on hangtag in garment. Navy blue fleece lining color bled all over outer red shell. Defective quality. Called Lands' End and was told they would replace item, but they would have to charge for item until I returned defective item. I was told I would receive a return credit for the total charged amount back to the original card that I used for the replacement. I returned the item the same day I received my replacement.

Lands' End received my return 10 days ago and still no refund to my card used. I have called multiple times and told Credit was issued on Feb 15. Called my card company and no credit has been processed. Beware of Lands' End!! No longer what they used to be. Customer Service is horrible and even the supervisor had a very bad attitude!! Will not do business with Lands' End in the future. Stick to Cabela's or Bass Pro for quality products, a company that stands behind their products, and good customer service!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I bought a down jacket from Lands' End. I washed it one time and all of the filling has moved to one end of the stitching. I have balls of stuffing/lumpy coat. I have rewashed it per their direction. I have used tennis balls in the dryer per their direction and it's the same, if not worse. They let me know that I can send it back to them... and get a replacement. But in a MN winter... you cannot be without a coat... And besides that, I cannot even get the same coat, as it is out of stock.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Lands' End refuses to evenly exchange product after 90 day period. We ordered an expensive Kids classmate backpack large for our son, believing the quality of Lands' End products would stand the test of time and be worth the extra money. The zipper to the main compartment stopped working after 4 months and they refused to exchange product, in spite of their misleading guarantees. If you think Lands' End will stand behind their products, think again!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Lands' End ships their stuff via UPS Surepost. It's slower than a lame three-legged mule! On routes where UPS Ground Service takes 2-3 days, the Surepost take over a week. It may be cheaper for Lands' End, but it's a huge inconvenience for customers.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I had paper gift certificates that were given to me by my mom before she passed away. Per their website they still honor them. I called and asked to have the gift certificates verified. Was told they were still good and could be used. I placed my order and was told that my order would be delayed by one day. I waited and my order was not delivered. I called back to see what the hold up was since they issued a gift card for one of the certificates. I was then told that they WOULD NOT HONOR THE CERTIFICATES. So the order I placed for Christmas is now ruined and I have no gifts. No one will help because the legal department is saying I can't use them, even though nothing about the money being sent back is on their website NOR was it mentioned when I called to use them. I was told the money was there and they were good to use. Will never order from them again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have bought products from Lands' End in the past and always found them to be high quality. I called Lands' End and asked about the sizing of this item before I ordered it online. I was told it was true to size. I am somewhere between Medium and Large. This jacket is huge. I am swimming it. I could literally put at least one pillow in the front and still zip it (Yes. I tried it!). It also is paper-thin without much insulation. I wore it outside on a 45 degree day and was a little chilly. It is supposed to be rated for Zero degrees.

I called Lands' End and told them I had called about the sizing and didn't think I should have to pay the $6.95 return shipping since it is clearly not made properly. They said that I didn't call them to check on the sizing thus calling me a liar! Then the customer no-service rep hung up on me! I bought it with a 40% discount. The next day, I received a LE catalog offering a 50% discount. Lands' End - You have lost a customer for life. Glad you saved yourself $6.95.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I qualified for their "free shipping" on a recent order that was shipped UPS Surepost. The pkg sat in Wisconsin for a week and only after the target delivery date had passed did UPS reassign another date - a week later! The pkg had not moved out of Wisconsin the entire week! I called customer service and the rep seemed surprised that it had happened and said she would pass the info on... I was stupid enough to place another order thinking this mishap was just an anomaly... Well, you guessed it...same thing again.

I rarely ever felt "had" but Lands' End is not playing fair with this free shipping. When a replacement item was sent via a phone rep it arrived within the week (a separate issue) so that tells me the free shipping must be a lesser service and they must contract for it at rock bottom price since they are covering the cost giving it free to the customer so when UPS gets enough packages to go out, it leaves Wisconsin. Just connecting the dots. They have lost me as a customer unless this pkg shows up on the expected date.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I cannot get my money that was supposed to be refunded after repeated calls to LE so now I have my bank credit card working to help me. Going into the 2nd month at this point. Total comes to almost 200.00 dollars for 2 separate returns. I would like to find some dept with more information besides customer service to help me. I need my money.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I had ordered a crew neck pullover. They never had a intention to ship this item as I was given multiple dates, even the promise of sending it UPS next day air when I call for the fourth time to complain. The order was placed on 10/05. The package never arrived and they even included a bogus UPS shipping number.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

One of the reasons I started shopping at Lands' End was the guarantee. I have 3 boys and I know they can be rough on things. The products themselves are amazing! Unfortunately, they didn't hold up - the backpack I would say was normal. The jackets, we only had for about 6 months. The ribbing at the sleeves and collar was coming off. I went through the process to exchange the items - well I thought I would be exchanging. I was not happy that #1 I had to return my things and then wait to get a credit to then buy something and then wait again to have it shipped. These are kids items that they use every day. I think that process could be streamlined into something like online credit.

#2 is my greatest frustration. I returned 1 medium backpack and 2 boys jackets and received $21.86 in credit. That wasn't even enough to buy a new backpack at 50% off. I had to pay $8 to have it shipped. Apparently, they charge you shipping and processing or some crazy thing that costs a lot of money. I am sick about it. I wish I would have just kept the items. This is not the guarantee they advertise on their site. There must be some really small print. I did purchase a new backpack, but I bought jackets elsewhere. I also decided not to purchase shoes for my kids from them. I am super disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I have been a Lands' End shopper for about 30 years. I am not a whiner... I am here to praise Lands' End, not to bury it. They sell amazing Family Clothing, Luggage, Linens, and Tabletop / Home Furnishings. Most of the stuff is a great value... Some of the stuff Sears made them sell is bad, but it's disappearing, along with Sears stores. LE is a Midwestern retail outfit that started out selling sailing clothes in Chicago, and kicked butt with its Prep style, thoughtful design, durable fabrics, Wisconsin customer service and "Guaranteed Period" policy. It all led to Multi-Billion dollar success.

The trouble started when it ran into the arms of another Chicago legend, Sears Holdings. Mistake... It cheapened the LE Brand. They are free now, and working their way back to their roots. Sure, it has happened to the best of them, LL Bean included... Off-shore manufacturing. Sears episode pressured LE to cut corners they normally would not. And, they wandered away from their Core Values for a bit, chasing skinny Fashion Millennials. Their Core Audience seems to be the "Adult Suburban Middle-Aged / Middle-Class Aspirational" shopper.

The Men's and Women's Casual or Career clothes, are incredible values, plain and simple. The Suits and Dresses tailoring details are "best in class" for the price. My family and me find the Dresses and Suits are sized accurately, the fabrics are incredibly comfortable and they tend towards frequent discounting. In all, LE is worth a trial as they emerge from under the wreckage of Sears.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I placed an order with two weeks notice for my daughter's uniform. I took into account the amount of days that their web page mentioned and I spent almost $100.

However, they got a delayed, because of their own fault/procedures/systems and I did not received the uniform on time. I had to send my daughter on her first day of school without a uniform because of Lands' End fault. When I contact them, their only solution was to offer me a $15 GIFT CARD!!! I even had to get to a point to NEGOTIATE with them, when clearly it was not my fault, and begged them for a refund of my order, not even a full refund, but a 70% refund at least... their answer was that they were only able to offer me A $15 GIFT CARD!!!

Original review: July 28, 2018

I placed an order in store for an upcoming vacation. Unfortunately when the package arrived, one item was the incorrect size. However, I called Land’s End, and my experience could not have been more pleasant. The lady who helped me informed me that she would immediately put my new/correctly sized item in that mail and would express ship so that it would arrive in time for our vacation. I was provided a label and shipping package to return the incorrect item! Thanks so much for making this right!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I ordered a dress from Lands' End and after waiting 2 months for it to arrived, it didn't fit properly. I attempted to return it only to discover that my local Sears store had closed during that 2 month period of time. Now I have to pay to have it shipped back because there is nowhere local (nearest store 45 minutes away) to return it. When I called, the customer service person basically said, "Too bad!" Lands' End has lost a loyal customer!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Lands' End carries good quality everyday staples. I especially like their "like sweats only better" pants which are polished but feel like pajamas. I also like free shipping and free returns to Sears.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We got the menus quick and then watched the bartender stand around and chat with her friends while we waited. I had to approach an employee to actually get our server to come out of the back room. We will never return this overpriced hole.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My dealings with Lands' End are beyond a farce. Lands' End closed down their Australian returns centre. I sent my return back to the US, by which time it was longer than 6 months after purchase and they no longer had my credit card details, they said. First lie. I'd bought an item from them only two months earlier, so they certainly do have my details. They wanted me to call during business hours - which with the time difference is 11 pm to 8 am our time. I tried when I woke up at 6 am (3 pm US time). Line very busy and I had to go to work. I emailed them my details.

They, after READING this email, said they cannot accept my details this way, but only by phone!!! I told them they still had my details on record from a recent purchase. No response. They arranged a time to call me. They didn't call. They arranged another time to call me. Still didn't call. They even told me a third time and date they'd call - and once again, did not. I have now received ANOTHER email from them telling me to call them!!! I seriously think their customer service team are well below standard intelligence. They've got me. They've got my money and point blank refuse to return it unless I call them at night time hours and give them details they already have - twice! Talk about a ripoff. I even emailed Kelly Ritchie, Vice President and STILL no reply, so clearly this type of behaviour is condoned by the company. Use them at your own risk, and if you need to return anything, don't expect your money back.

Original review: March 26, 2018

It took over a week to get to the bottom of what happened to my gift card. People in customer service who assured me that they would call me back never did. I had to place multiple over MANY days to get to the bottom of the problem. It turns out my gift card was stolen from my server. I do not recommend anyone purchase email gift cards from Lands' End because there is no recourse if the card is stolen except to file a complaint with the FTC and the State Attorney General's office.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Lands' End has the worst website. Quantities are not updated. I purchased a pair of jeans that stated they were in stock. Paid for my jeans and got a phone call an hour later stating that the jeans I ordered were out of stock. As of 8:57 AM on 11/27/2017, most of the women's coats are also out of stock. Even though the page states the color and size you picked out states the coat is IN-STOCK. Click on ADD TO BAG and a stupid message pops up stating "sorry we're out of stock." Never again will I place an order. Oh wait! It's impossible to place an order, because Lands' End is sold out of everything.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

They used to make their clothing in the US because my mother was a quality control inspector who checked the garments to make sure that stripes and checks lined up, and that the material looked ok. Back then I could rationalize spending more money to get quality goods. Now most of the stuff is made overseas so WHY is it so overpriced? Also when they do have a sale, things gets sold out (or I suspect that they are holding inventory back so they can hike the price back up). I have a coupon for 60% off and had gotten 40% off so I asked if I could use the one for 60 instead - NOPE. They want every little dollar they get.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

While they do not have a wide range of products, the quality and durability is superb. They have frequent sales and have incentives. Shipping is quick and service excellent.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I placed an order on the 15 of August for $208. I was browsing through my mobile banking and it turns out that they took off $89 on the 17 of August. I never place any additional orders. So I contact my bank and let them know that there was a purchase from this store that was not me. They told me the website got hacked or that one of the employees took my information down. I was livid at this point.

As a first time customer I thought it would exceed my expansion! So I emailed Land Ends and they sent me an email saying that the $208 had been split into two different orders so that why it was two charges but it doesn't make sense. My total was for $208 and I still got charge $89 for what?? I told them to close my account after this incident. I'm upset that I had to close my bank account and cards over this stupid website. Never again am I ordering from here. It was clearly one of their employees that took my information down. That's so messed up! I seriously do not recommend this website to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

My husband has purchased many products from Lands' End over the years, however this will probably be his last order if I have anything to say about it. The last shirt he purchased was about $60... a short sleeved plaid. The plaid on the side seam was 2" off and VERY obvious because it was a large plaid. The sleeves were not the same matching the plaid and even the buttoned front was off about a half an inch... very obvious! I would have flunked sewing in home economics in high school if I had done that bad of a job. Guess what??? Made in China... DUH!!!

Original review: July 14, 2017

In the past, I looked to Lands' End as one of the "go to" places for quality staple-type clothing. I had been wondering why both quality and customer service seemed to be gradually tanking over the past decade... In a recent Sale purchase, when I asked why I didn't receive the advertised sale price, I was told "their sale start times vary - sorry." What a way to keep your customers!!! Sears purchased Lands' End in 2002, they did the name and product great harm. Oh well... that's capitalism. It's got LLBean "dancin' in the streets" but I do wish LLB could do some work on their "back woods styling" issues. Give us something stylish enough to dance in the streets in LLB!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Long time customer. Just went through a lengthy order. Asked for delivery within a one week window. Not worried about paying extra delivery charge if needed. Didn't fit into their schedule and "policy" prevents " holding" the items. I suggested holding the order to satisfy their rules. They just said "no". I am somewhat mad but more questioning how they can profess to be customer friendly. I did request removal from mailing lists as I have no intention of buying from them again.

Lands' End Company Information