2. Shopping

Lands' End

3.7/5 (190 ratings)

About Lands' End

Lands' End Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lands' End?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land's End?

Original review: April 8, 2021

I have ordered from this company for over 30 years. I raised four children and ordered extensively ski jackets etc expensive orders. I attempted to place an online order last night with a 40% off good/frequent customer discount and ordered at approximately 840-845 pm PST. Having a little difficulty finding a couple of items I went past the 11:59 PM Eastern time by the time I had completed my over $350 order and the system timed me out of my sale price.

Thinking this must be a computer glitz or erroneous, since I started my order almost 20 minutes prior to the close time, I phoned customer service and spoke of it to someone, who expressed not the slightest concern for my query, and didn't address the IT concern or clarify my question about the timing (shouldn't customers starting their online orders and not phoning in have their timing started when they sign on to purchase?). If this very old and reliable company fails to provide customer service they deserve the problems they are having since aligning with Sears and now Kohl's and it is sad indeed to see them falling.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Lands' End NOW charges for return shipping. They sent me the wrong size pants so I returned them, two months later I called back to find out what happened because I never heard anything from them. They stated they have all returns at FedEx and once they reach a certain amount FedEx will then send all returns to Lands' End. First of all whoever heard of this nonsense?!?! Then, three months later I called them back and spoke to a rude lady and she advised me they no longer have those pants available so they can only do a refund less $7.00 for the return shipping that they sent me and know where did it say we would pay for that. So the nuts to all this is when you hear Lands' End goes out of business because of Covid-19 that's **. I call it "SELF DESTRUCTION"! I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS SOON!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2021

My wife bought a shirt. Wore it 3 times (only 3 mos old) and stitching became undone. Contacted Customer Service. Said would impose $6.95 fee to return a $10 shirt! To make things worse and to quote CS Rep “well it was bought last year, it’s old. What do you expect for $10”!!!! Never again would waste money here after years of being loyal!

Original review: March 6, 2021

I had 3 back ordered items which were to be shipped on 3/3 and 3/4. Today is 3/6. No communication from Lands' End. So I contacted Customer Service. They told me they can’t provide a shipping date for these items. What kind of business is this? Unbelievable!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I purchased a swimsuit that do not fit well. After returning the suit, Lands' End took 16 dollars from my refund to cover shipping. There is no way a lightweight suit costs 16 dollars to ship back. I wasted 16 dollars on a crappy swimsuit. Will never shop Land's End again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I bought perfect Yoga pants and wore them for 16 years. When I tried to replace them, I tried many pairs that just weren't right. Finally, I tried Lands' End! PERFECT! The right weight, flare, size!!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I ordered a men's belt following Lands' End's guideline for the right size. It was too long, so I returned it for an exchange. I was charged $14.95 total for the shipping with the belt costing $32.95. So, I paid 45% of the belt cost in shipping. Furthermore, my initial order was on October 5 with my receiving the replacement belt on November 24th, 1 1/2 months later. I will never again order anything from Lands' End.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I called customer service to inquire about teenage sizes. I was surprised at the answer I got from customer service as she said, "How do I know?" I was so nervous I ordered two night gowns and realized when they were delivered that they were too small. I paid $9.00 for delivery and to return, I paid $6.95. Lands' End use to be customer oriented - no more. I asked to be taken off the mailing list. There are too many good places to shop online. No more Lands' end. Horrible experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I will say that being harassed by two Lands' End staff was totally the worst day ever. I walked into the Wayzata, MN store while shopping for a winter jacket for my daughter. Two ladies approached me and told me that my mask was not acceptable to them and that they were a private company and could do what they wanted, which to included calling me out in front of my family, calling the cops on me and told me I had to leave their store. Why ... because they disapproved of my mask! Which I had on per MN mandate!

So I explained to them this was the only mask I had. It was for medical reasons and they both told me to leave their store 10 more times. After the situation with the cops ... they then proceeded to intimidate my kids and I as we got in the car thru the windows of the store. I have contacted customer service who was escalating my claim to management! I want others to beware before entering this store and I have asked for the employees to be educated and let go for harassment!!!! What these ladies did today was completely out of line and unprofessional!!!! Lands' End should be embarrassed to have staff like this!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I had a horrible experience with the uniform and credit card department. I called internationally from South Korea, trying to correct some redundant charges on my debit card. My call started at 2 am Korea time and ended at 5:09 am. I passed off to several different departments within Land’s End. They kept me on hold on 6 different occasions at an average of 20 mins per hold. It was the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I had to use my personal phone and got charged at the international billing rate. I will never do business with this company again only because of their horrible customer service.

Lands' End Company Information