1.53/5
Based on 55 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

57 Lands' End Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have bought products from Lands' End in the past and always found them to be high quality. I called Lands' End and asked about the sizing of this item before I ordered it online. I was told it was true to size. I am somewhere between Medium and Large. This jacket is huge. I am swimming it. I could literally put at least one pillow in the front and still zip it (Yes. I tried it!). It also is paper-thin without much insulation. I wore it outside on a 45 degree day and was a little chilly. It is supposed to be rated for Zero degrees.

I called Lands' End and told them I had called about the sizing and didn't think I should have to pay the $6.95 return shipping since it is clearly not made properly. They said that I didn't call them to check on the sizing thus calling me a liar! Then the customer no-service rep hung up on me! I bought it with a 40% discount. The next day, I received a LE catalog offering a 50% discount. Lands' End - You have lost a customer for life. Glad you saved yourself $6.95.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I qualified for their "free shipping" on a recent order that was shipped UPS Surepost. The pkg sat in Wisconsin for a week and only after the target delivery date had passed did UPS reassign another date - a week later! The pkg had not moved out of Wisconsin the entire week! I called customer service and the rep seemed surprised that it had happened and said she would pass the info on... I was stupid enough to place another order thinking this mishap was just an anomaly... Well, you guessed it...same thing again.

I rarely ever felt "had" but Lands' End is not playing fair with this free shipping. When a replacement item was sent via a phone rep it arrived within the week (a separate issue) so that tells me the free shipping must be a lesser service and they must contract for it at rock bottom price since they are covering the cost giving it free to the customer so when UPS gets enough packages to go out, it leaves Wisconsin. Just connecting the dots. They have lost me as a customer unless this pkg shows up on the expected date.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I cannot get my money that was supposed to be refunded after repeated calls to LE so now I have my bank credit card working to help me. Going into the 2nd month at this point. Total comes to almost 200.00 dollars for 2 separate returns. I would like to find some dept with more information besides customer service to help me. I need my money.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I had ordered a crew neck pullover. They never had a intention to ship this item as I was given multiple dates, even the promise of sending it UPS next day air when I call for the fourth time to complain. The order was placed on 10/05. The package never arrived and they even included a bogus UPS shipping number.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

One of the reasons I started shopping at Lands' End was the guarantee. I have 3 boys and I know they can be rough on things. The products themselves are amazing! Unfortunately, they didn't hold up - the backpack I would say was normal. The jackets, we only had for about 6 months. The ribbing at the sleeves and collar was coming off. I went through the process to exchange the items - well I thought I would be exchanging. I was not happy that #1 I had to return my things and then wait to get a credit to then buy something and then wait again to have it shipped. These are kids items that they use every day. I think that process could be streamlined into something like online credit.

#2 is my greatest frustration. I returned 1 medium backpack and 2 boys jackets and received $21.86 in credit. That wasn't even enough to buy a new backpack at 50% off. I had to pay $8 to have it shipped. Apparently, they charge you shipping and processing or some crazy thing that costs a lot of money. I am sick about it. I wish I would have just kept the items. This is not the guarantee they advertise on their site. There must be some really small print. I did purchase a new backpack, but I bought jackets elsewhere. I also decided not to purchase shoes for my kids from them. I am super disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land's End?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I have been a Lands' End shopper for about 30 years. I am not a whiner... I am here to praise Lands' End, not to bury it. They sell amazing Family Clothing, Luggage, Linens, and Tabletop / Home Furnishings. Most of the stuff is a great value... Some of the stuff Sears made them sell is bad, but it's disappearing, along with Sears stores. LE is a Midwestern retail outfit that started out selling sailing clothes in Chicago, and kicked butt with its Prep style, thoughtful design, durable fabrics, Wisconsin customer service and "Guaranteed Period" policy. It all led to Multi-Billion dollar success.

The trouble started when it ran into the arms of another Chicago legend, Sears Holdings. Mistake... It cheapened the LE Brand. They are free now, and working their way back to their roots. Sure, it has happened to the best of them, LL Bean included... Off-shore manufacturing. Sears episode pressured LE to cut corners they normally would not. And, they wandered away from their Core Values for a bit, chasing skinny Fashion Millennials. Their Core Audience seems to be the "Adult Suburban Middle-Aged / Middle-Class Aspirational" shopper.

The Men's and Women's Casual or Career clothes, are incredible values, plain and simple. The Suits and Dresses tailoring details are "best in class" for the price. My family and me find the Dresses and Suits are sized accurately, the fabrics are incredibly comfortable and they tend towards frequent discounting. In all, LE is worth a trial as they emerge from under the wreckage of Sears.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I placed an order with two weeks notice for my daughter's uniform. I took into account the amount of days that their web page mentioned and I spent almost $100.

However, they got a delayed, because of their own fault/procedures/systems and I did not received the uniform on time. I had to send my daughter on her first day of school without a uniform because of Lands' End fault. When I contact them, their only solution was to offer me a $15 GIFT CARD!!! I even had to get to a point to NEGOTIATE with them, when clearly it was not my fault, and begged them for a refund of my order, not even a full refund, but a 70% refund at least... their answer was that they were only able to offer me A $15 GIFT CARD!!!

Original review: July 28, 2018

I placed an order in store for an upcoming vacation. Unfortunately when the package arrived, one item was the incorrect size. However, I called Land’s End, and my experience could not have been more pleasant. The lady who helped me informed me that she would immediately put my new/correctly sized item in that mail and would express ship so that it would arrive in time for our vacation. I was provided a label and shipping package to return the incorrect item! Thanks so much for making this right!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I ordered a dress from Lands' End and after waiting 2 months for it to arrived, it didn't fit properly. I attempted to return it only to discover that my local Sears store had closed during that 2 month period of time. Now I have to pay to have it shipped back because there is nowhere local (nearest store 45 minutes away) to return it. When I called, the customer service person basically said, "Too bad!" Lands' End has lost a loyal customer!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Lands' End carries good quality everyday staples. I especially like their "like sweats only better" pants which are polished but feel like pajamas. I also like free shipping and free returns to Sears.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We got the menus quick and then watched the bartender stand around and chat with her friends while we waited. I had to approach an employee to actually get our server to come out of the back room. We will never return this overpriced hole.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My dealings with Lands' End are beyond a farce. Lands' End closed down their Australian returns centre. I sent my return back to the US, by which time it was longer than 6 months after purchase and they no longer had my credit card details, they said. First lie. I'd bought an item from them only two months earlier, so they certainly do have my details. They wanted me to call during business hours - which with the time difference is 11 pm to 8 am our time. I tried when I woke up at 6 am (3 pm US time). Line very busy and I had to go to work. I emailed them my details.

They, after READING this email, said they cannot accept my details this way, but only by phone!!! I told them they still had my details on record from a recent purchase. No response. They arranged a time to call me. They didn't call. They arranged another time to call me. Still didn't call. They even told me a third time and date they'd call - and once again, did not. I have now received ANOTHER email from them telling me to call them!!! I seriously think their customer service team are well below standard intelligence. They've got me. They've got my money and point blank refuse to return it unless I call them at night time hours and give them details they already have - twice! Talk about a ripoff. I even emailed Kelly Ritchie, Vice President and STILL no reply, so clearly this type of behaviour is condoned by the company. Use them at your own risk, and if you need to return anything, don't expect your money back.

Original review: March 26, 2018

It took over a week to get to the bottom of what happened to my gift card. People in customer service who assured me that they would call me back never did. I had to place multiple over MANY days to get to the bottom of the problem. It turns out my gift card was stolen from my server. I do not recommend anyone purchase email gift cards from Lands' End because there is no recourse if the card is stolen except to file a complaint with the FTC and the State Attorney General's office.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Lands' End has the worst website. Quantities are not updated. I purchased a pair of jeans that stated they were in stock. Paid for my jeans and got a phone call an hour later stating that the jeans I ordered were out of stock. As of 8:57 AM on 11/27/2017, most of the women's coats are also out of stock. Even though the page states the color and size you picked out states the coat is IN-STOCK. Click on ADD TO BAG and a stupid message pops up stating "sorry we're out of stock." Never again will I place an order. Oh wait! It's impossible to place an order, because Lands' End is sold out of everything.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

They used to make their clothing in the US because my mother was a quality control inspector who checked the garments to make sure that stripes and checks lined up, and that the material looked ok. Back then I could rationalize spending more money to get quality goods. Now most of the stuff is made overseas so WHY is it so overpriced? Also when they do have a sale, things gets sold out (or I suspect that they are holding inventory back so they can hike the price back up). I have a coupon for 60% off and had gotten 40% off so I asked if I could use the one for 60 instead - NOPE. They want every little dollar they get.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

While they do not have a wide range of products, the quality and durability is superb. They have frequent sales and have incentives. Shipping is quick and service excellent.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I placed an order on the 15 of August for $208. I was browsing through my mobile banking and it turns out that they took off $89 on the 17 of August. I never place any additional orders. So I contact my bank and let them know that there was a purchase from this store that was not me. They told me the website got hacked or that one of the employees took my information down. I was livid at this point.

As a first time customer I thought it would exceed my expansion! So I emailed Land Ends and they sent me an email saying that the $208 had been split into two different orders so that why it was two charges but it doesn't make sense. My total was for $208 and I still got charge $89 for what?? I told them to close my account after this incident. I'm upset that I had to close my bank account and cards over this stupid website. Never again am I ordering from here. It was clearly one of their employees that took my information down. That's so messed up! I seriously do not recommend this website to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

My husband has purchased many products from Lands' End over the years, however this will probably be his last order if I have anything to say about it. The last shirt he purchased was about $60... a short sleeved plaid. The plaid on the side seam was 2" off and VERY obvious because it was a large plaid. The sleeves were not the same matching the plaid and even the buttoned front was off about a half an inch... very obvious! I would have flunked sewing in home economics in high school if I had done that bad of a job. Guess what??? Made in China... DUH!!!

Original review: July 14, 2017

In the past, I looked to Lands' End as one of the "go to" places for quality staple-type clothing. I had been wondering why both quality and customer service seemed to be gradually tanking over the past decade... In a recent Sale purchase, when I asked why I didn't receive the advertised sale price, I was told "their sale start times vary - sorry." What a way to keep your customers!!! Sears purchased Lands' End in 2002, they did the name and product great harm. Oh well... that's capitalism. It's got LLBean "dancin' in the streets" but I do wish LLB could do some work on their "back woods styling" issues. Give us something stylish enough to dance in the streets in LLB!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Long time customer. Just went through a lengthy order. Asked for delivery within a one week window. Not worried about paying extra delivery charge if needed. Didn't fit into their schedule and "policy" prevents " holding" the items. I suggested holding the order to satisfy their rules. They just said "no". I am somewhat mad but more questioning how they can profess to be customer friendly. I did request removal from mailing lists as I have no intention of buying from them again.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I ordered a swimsuit two weeks ago. It never came. Then I received an email from the post office saying there was an incorrect address. I called Land's End on a Sunday stating the problem. She said to go pick up my package across town at a post office in a diff. zip code. I went there, they had shipped it back to Land's End. I called them again. They stated that I should be more careful because I had entered the wrong address. I did no such thing. They told me to check my computer and correct my address for future purchases. There was nothing wrong with my computer, and I told her there would be no further problem because I will never order from Land's End again. I order from about 12 different catalogs, and I certainly know my own address. I was surprised by the rudeness of this company, especially when their phone greeting expresses how friendly they are. I will encourage others not to waste their time on them.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I bought 5 pairs of socks ($57.61) and shipped them to a rented vacation apartment where I was going to be for 1 week. I started tracking the package because I was leaving for a trip and had to take those socks as a present for my niece. Package was late for 3 days because according to them there was a fire at the USPS facility (now that I read all this complaints about Land's End shipping and delivery dates, I assume the fire was not true).

I called 2 days ahead of the due date for receiving the order, stating that I saw on the tracking page that the package was still very far away and asked if they can reroute the order because I was not going to be able to receive them and take them with me. Customer service via chat was a disaster. They said they could not help and that maybe calling customer service was better. I did call and they did nothing. They said I should wait until the expected delivery date and if not call then.

Obviously the package was delivered 2 days later. I couldn't take the present with me. I called for a refund because this was their mistake and they stated that someone had signed for it (the person at the mail room) and now I had nothing to call for. They suggested 2 options: 1) call the person at the mail room (because that was a rented apartment for vacation purposes only) and ask if they can open the package and return the order, which I did but they said for security purposes they do not open packages of other people or 2) call the credit card and dispute the charge.

I called the credit card. The credit card called land's End and we were both surprised about the rudeness of the customer credit specialist. I decided the socks were going to cost me a lot more if I still continue on the line with that inhuman person, so now the socks will stay forever until they throw them away on that mailroom, but will assure everyone I NEVER BUY AGAIN FROM LAND'S END and also make sure everyone knows about the disaster this company is. I buy a lot online, and never had a yes or a no with any other company. SHAME on Land's End.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I ordered a Squall park in black xs and a Squall hooded jacket in red xs on the 21st of January. I paid for expedited shipping so that it would come in time for my trip to Vancouver, Canada. I expected my package to arrive by Tuesday or Wednesday, so when it did not show up I called their contact number. The woman told me that my order never went through because they tried to charge my card four times and it didn't work. They had four days to email me or call me and let me know that the order did not go through and that I needed to use a different credit card, and yet I received no notifications. I did not even find out until I notified them that the card didn't go through! That is terrible customer service. I shouldn't even have been able to complete an order on the site if my credit card didn't work. I am now SOL and am flying to a cold country tomorrow because they failed to inform me of any of this and instead ignored my order.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I placed an order on December 6, 2016 for my daughter school uniforms. I was told that if I used my VISA card I would get a free 2 day expedited shipping. In my order I had 2 polo T-shirts, 2 dresses, and a pair of pants. Prior to this order I place a similar order and I was sent out items that did not need a logo first, then the rest of my order came in (items that had a logo). On this particular order none of my order was shipped out to me "expedited" like they said or by the 3-5 days they stated for logo prints.

When I called Customer Service I was told that they could not do anything since I was getting free shipping. I am very disappointed in Land's End for their miscommunication and bad customer service. The young girl who was helping me was rude and would not listen to my needs. She just kept talking over me and going on about how she cannot control my shipment.

Then when speaking to her supervisor she was not much of help either. As she said that every order they ship is different, that they do not always ship items when they are ready. They usually wait till all items are ready to ship. And she advised me that in the future when I order online to call and tell them to ship items that do not require logo printing to be shipped out first. I think that is just too much to have to do when placing an order. This is by far the worst service I have received. So note to future customers: Make sure you place your orders accordingly because you may or may not get your orders on time as promised.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Here's the review that I tried to post twice. As of today, 12/1/16 it wasn't posted, however others later than mine were. I can't trust them. "Item #474987AFX Smells Like Gas, Made in China. I'm waiting for an MSDS from Allied Feather and Down, the company that supplies the hyper dry down. Not sure if it's the down or the fabric that smells like gas. The label says it has no PFOA or PTFE, but I'm wondering if what they are using to waterproof the down is worse. If I don't get an MSDS, I will return it. Aside from the gas smell, the coat is ok. Easy to pack, light weight, nice length, not too many pockets and reasonably warm for what it is. I have not tested the water repellency since it may go back. Unless it has some chemical known to be highly carcinogenic, it will probably end up in a SHTF bag I plan to put together. This seems like a nice coat for an emergency bag, not so sure if I would wear it on a daily basis without a SHTF scenario because of the chemical smell. With the 50% off coupon, it's an ok value. I don't think it's worth $170 though, especially since it's made in China."

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

Yeah, so I paid extra money to get my son's uniforms delivered on time and when they didn't arrive in the mail, I called up Customer Service to find out where my order was. My paid printed order specifically states to please allow 1-2 business days from when order was processed (1-2 days), so ok I waited patiently. I called them the day it was due to arrive and when a customer rep answered and then suddenly transferred my call to her Manager without my knowledge. I was a bit taken aback but gave him my order # nonetheless, only to find out that my ordered items never left the warehouse as of yet and manager says I can expect to receive them in about 7-10 days. Told him it was not acceptable, given that I paid for expedited delivery so should be 4 days at most and were past that!

So now the manager has assured me to do a rush delivery of my order and that could arrive as early as in 2 days which, is still much later than the initial expedited delivery date I paid extra for and unfortunately, is way too late since my son's school has already started. Not good... Can you imagine if I hadn't inquired about my order... And what was the point of paying extra shipping costs to expedite when they didn't keep to their delivery time. From a 1st time buyer at Land's End.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Do not waste your time or money. How do you advertise being great at customer service just to be the opposite? Seems like this call center is full of bitter, old, mean hogs that have no real remorse for customers and no real ability to provide good customer service. They will get your order wrong and then act dry and nonchalant when you call in for resolution. If you want your card charge 3 times just to be running around returning merchandise or waiting forever to get it then good luck shopping with Land's End.

Original review: May 28, 2016

Land's End likes to claim that it is dedicated to customer service. Based on my latest interaction with them, I think that's just false advertising. I returned a box of clothing because I cannot wear Land's End items after the company's complete betrayal of women when it decided to bow to political and religious pressure and remove Gloria Steinem's interview from their website. I will not patronize a company that involves itself in discriminatory politics.

I sent the clothing back and asked for a refund. In return, I got a check for only 25% of the clothing's value, based on what they called an "Excessive Return." Yet Land's End's return policy states that returns are accepted without any indication that there's a punishment if you return "too much" (and no explanation of how much would be too much). I did not even receive a letter in response, acknowledging my concerns. That's appalling. When a customer has a legitimate concern about a company's public political behavior, there should at least be a letter acknowledging that. I will never purchase from Land's End again, after 30 years of being a customer. Their return policy is a sham and their actions are discriminatory against consumers who do not share the political agenda of the Religious Right.

Original review: April 12, 2016

I was a Land's End customer for more than 20 years, and have purchased numerous swim wear items over the years. I ordered and began wearing a new swimsuit in mid-Jan 2016, and was dismayed when the fabric across the backside began to disintegrate in late Feb. I ordered a replacement on March 3, only to have the same thing happen again after less than four weeks of use. This time the fabric began disintegrating not just across the backside, but along both side seams as well.

When I wrote to customer service I received the following: "Thank you for writing to Land's End. The Industry standards for swim items are for three times a week pool use for three months. That's even with rinsing after each use as the chlorine will break down the Spandex while using and it's almost impossible to get it completely removed with rinsing." So basically, LE is selling swimwear that cannot be used for swimming. Using their "industry standard" formula, one of their suits should be expected to last roughly 36 uses (3 days per week x 12 weeks), or one summer. Yet the second suit I ordered from them didn't even make it half as long. Once upon a time a swimsuit from LE was one of exceptional quality that could be used for years, not a few weeks. Sadly, Land's End now sells disposable clothing that cannot be expected to last even one season.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

It used to be that when I needed new clothes, I'd just go into about 3 different local stores in malls and purchase what I needed. Then, from about 2010 to 2013, I began to notice that the quality in all 3 stores had significantly declined to a point where I just refused to pay good money for such low quality items anymore. I really didn't know what I was going to do because I just couldn't seem to find any place that sold good quality clothing anymore. I was looking for clothing online to purchase as gifts and I came across Land's End website. I bought some things and had them sent to the recipients. They liked the gifts, so I thought I would order from Land's End and see whether I'd like their clothing too. That was 3 years ago and I haven't looked back. I purchase all my clothing from Land's End now. I've never had to return anything for any reason.

Thank goodness for Land's End. Otherwise, I would have had to make all of my own clothing. I do think that the stores I used to frequent may have improved their quality of products since then, but for me, it's kind of late now because I purchase just about everything from Land's End now and I will continue to do so. I love Land's End.

Lands' End Company Information