3.12/5

71 Lands' End Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 6, 2019

So pleasant, professional and effective. From the voice on the phone system to the ladies you talk to, they make you feel and DO get taken care of. How one treats you AFTER the sale (even years) is the sign of a good company. If there were more than 5 stars to give, they would get it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have ordered Lands End clothing for 5 years. Dress code at work is business. I started out trying a dress shirt and now I'm in Lands End head to toe every day. Here's my review: Dress shirts: Supima and Optima with the only difference being material thickness, i.e., fall/winter vs spring/summer. Fit true to size. Great patterns. Solid buttons. Long enough to tuck in and stay tucked. No iron. Always looks sharp. LOVE them. I've tried Dillards Gold Label and they just don't compare in quality.

Dress Pants: Super soft. Flexible for squatting, stooping, and bending. Choose inseam size which is great. Washes well. Holds up. Dress socks: just a bit thin but looks nice. I do prefer other brands but still wear the ones I have. Belts: these are solid belts that hold up nicely. I have a bit of a stomach so typically tear through belts quickly but these last. I love that they are light colored on the back so I can easily see the holes when putting it on. I have a brown and black belt. Love them.

Casual Chinos: these are great pants too. More flexible than the dress pants so they are good for any activity. Pajamas: love this set too. The shirt is perfectly thick and soft. The pants hold up well. I always tear the crotch out of pajama pants but haven't yet with these. My wife buys their clothes too and loves them. What she doesn't like, she sends back with no problems. They are slow to ship but worth the wait. I don't shop anywhere else for clothes at this point.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I have been a Lands' End shopper for about 30 years. I am not a whiner... I am here to praise Lands' End, not to bury it. They sell amazing Family Clothing, Luggage, Linens, and Tabletop / Home Furnishings. Most of the stuff is a great value... Some of the stuff Sears made them sell is bad, but it's disappearing, along with Sears stores. LE is a Midwestern retail outfit that started out selling sailing clothes in Chicago, and kicked butt with its Prep style, thoughtful design, durable fabrics, Wisconsin customer service and "Guaranteed Period" policy. It all led to Multi-Billion dollar success.

The trouble started when it ran into the arms of another Chicago legend, Sears Holdings. Mistake... It cheapened the LE Brand. They are free now, and working their way back to their roots. Sure, it has happened to the best of them, LL Bean included... Off-shore manufacturing. Sears episode pressured LE to cut corners they normally would not. And, they wandered away from their Core Values for a bit, chasing skinny Fashion Millennials. Their Core Audience seems to be the "Adult Suburban Middle-Aged / Middle-Class Aspirational" shopper.

The Men's and Women's Casual or Career clothes, are incredible values, plain and simple. The Suits and Dresses tailoring details are "best in class" for the price. My family and me find the Dresses and Suits are sized accurately, the fabrics are incredibly comfortable and they tend towards frequent discounting. In all, LE is worth a trial as they emerge from under the wreckage of Sears.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I returned a package using their return label and box. The package never made it to them, it was lost or damaged in transit, as the tracking number was stuck for many months on the same status. I was able to reach out to USPS, and the postmaster himself called them personally to state that the package was lost. I called Lands' End and the customer service agent treated me like a criminal, stating she didn't know anything about a call (she didn't bother to put me on hold to check), and she said packages don't really get lost like this. She continued the entire call with attitude, saying she can't verify what was in the box, and I told her why would I lie about a few pieces of clothing?

She said she could refund me in the form of a gift card, as when I asked for an exception due to my circumstances (they have 90 day return policy back to your credit card, and I technically shipped the items back within this window), she said no, and that I shop enough on Lands' End to use them. She continued adding more excuses and being rude. I accepted the credit, but I have yet to see it in my email.

Original review: July 15, 2019

As I was submitting my order I noticed at the last minute, as I was pressing the button to approve the order, the shipping changed from regular to expedited. I chatted with the agent and she changed it back, but I wonder how many times does this happen to other people and is this intentional?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land's End?

Original review: July 11, 2019

I never received my products (pair of shoes and a dress). When I call customer service they told me that is not their problem, that I should fight it with my credit card company. Unbelievable. NEVER EVER will buy again from this company.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Land's End brags about their customer service but I have been waiting weeks for my exchange. They claim they will let you know when they have received your returned items but they don't. When contacted they tell you that it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get a return in their system. In the meantime they have recharged me for the two items I returned. I didn't even know they had received them! I don't know what is going on there but their system is NOT good and it shouldn't take 3 weeks to process an exchange when they somehow manage to get new orders out in one day. Buyer beware!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Coat made in Taiwan or Vietnam. Bought coat in Feb 2019. Expected delivery May 1 2019. It came months early. Lands’ End apparently outsourced this pc of garbage winter coat! The fake fur 1/4 inches long looks like rats ate it! Terrible terrible customer service! They will be out of business within 2 years.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I ordered a Paisley canvas bag on March 2nd. I called the Lands' End customer service to change the Font on the writing of my name on the bag so the lady changed it. But when the bag came I did not like the color I picked so I called again and asked if they could re-do the bag. "Yes," the lady said. "Send it back and we will re-do it." So I sent it back and I wasn't seeing the bag yet and I called them twice to verify that I was getting the Paisley bag and I never got such a runaround with communication between all the customer service people.

Needless to say I never got my bag because the first customer service lady did not check availability of this bag. And I lost out on the best bag I ever picked out because OF THEIR ERRORS IN ALL THE CALLS I MADE. SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE YOU ORDER AND AFTER TO MAKE SURE THEY GET IT RIGHT. I have never had such poor customer service in my life. I hope I can maybe find this bag online some day!!!!

Original review: March 11, 2019

"The customer is always a criminal." I think that must be their motto. I purchased a coat online and it was too big. I could have 100+ pounds on me and still fit in it. When I took it into the store to return Mary ** was rude about me returning it. She was not pleasant at all. It was as if she was skeptical of why I was returning it. I had an older item with a broken zipper to exchange/return/repair whatever and again Mary ** treated me like a criminal. "I can't even tell this is a Land's End item. I don't see tags." She actually said that. Well, she looked harder and found the tag on the item. Then was like, "You'll probably get $5, this is old." So I quoted the guarantee they have, the whole, return forever thing. And she gives me a weird look and just says, "Depreciation. You know what that means?" As if I'm some kind of idiot or dummy.

And I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened my email to see I had a $5.28 credit to Land's End awaiting me. This was for a long down jacket. A long down jacket was valued at $5? Yeah, so, stay away from this company. We called the corporate customer service and they were just as unhelpful as the rest of the people we encountered. Now we have to try to see if they haven't thrown away the jacket.

Lands' End Company Information