2. Shopping

Lands' End

3.7/5 (280 ratings)

About Lands' End

Lands' End Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lands' End?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land's End?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I find it outrageous that your policy is to send by email an e-card as a refund which is not linked to the account. Specially as this so-called ecard is not connected to the item refunded nor the order number of the purchased made. So when we receive it, we have no idea to what item refunded it relates to nor to what order number it relates to verify amount is correct, for the correct item refunded. Your policy is to bank/bet that customer will end up forgetting the e card, lose it in the amount of junk email with promotion that they receive.

Tip for consumers: The refund policy is a very controversial process where only Lands' End has information and the customer has none and is forced into a complex process of investigation what order made when, what was returned, amount to be refunded. We asked for the refund, they proposed to deduct cost of shipping to which we agreed. Then they went back to say they cannot refund my credit card and that I have to use the merchandise credit card with them. Products used: This is a review on the service that propose a refund that the customer will potentially lose, end up forgetting and with obvious hassle for the customer to check and track.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

This company takes over two weeks to ship your order. Customer service staff are rude, unable to answer your questions, and unhelpful. If you pay these high prices you expect a better service. I would never buy at Lands' End again!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I placed an order with a Lands' End agent via the phone. My order was paid on the same date it was ordered. Two weeks later, I called Lands End to inquire about the date when my order will arrive. I was told by the agent that it is unknown when my order will leave their warehouse in Wisconsin and unknown when it will be delivered to me. The reason given is due to heavy customer demand, there is a problem processing all the orders due to lack of employees. I explained that when I placed the order, the agent never mentioned to me that my order would be delayed. Their business management policies need to be reviewed and revised as the end result is poor customer service.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I am utterly disappointed with this company and our school requirements. Our school is requiring uniforms only to be ordered from Lands' End. I ordered on 8/5 and they said to expect 4-5 additional days for embroidered items. It is 9/8 and now it states to expect an additional 30-35 business days for embroidered items. It is a requirement for them have their logos exclusively from this company and they can't meet the demands. They should not work with schools if they can't meet the demands. Many, many families are having to purchase additional clothing without labels while they wait months for clothes to ship. I hope that school board decides to go with a different company soon!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I had received a Land's End rash guard top as a gift. I had also ordered the same top for myself prior to receiving the gift. Both tops were the same size and were too small. I had the order number for the top I bought myself but the other top was a gift and did not have an order. They refused to give me any money for the gifted top so I am out a $35 top. In addition, I packaged the two return tops in the same return pack as another purchase and they deducted the shipping price twice. I am so disappointed, seems like someone could have helped me.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Their refund policy says you get your refund how you paid. I got merchandise credit because I checked free returns. What? They need to state that more clearly. Won’t be ordering again. Customer service did resolve the issue and credited my PayPal account, but will deduct $6.97 for shipping from my refund. Will never order again.

Original review: July 31, 2021

In 40-plus years, I have never had anything but excellent transactions with Lands' End. I have purchased everything from winter coats to underwear. Wonderful merchandise. I have on occasion had to return or exchange an item, which I have usually done by phone because I get mixed up with the return slips. Little time on hold, friendly, competent staff, easy transaction. No overcharging, ever. Their prices are good, quality is terrific. The exchanges or returns are always due to a bad fit - my own fault, not theirs - and either they have the right size or they don't, but they are always courteous, reliable, and professional. I have never once been dissatisfied, either with quality or interaction.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I have ordered from this company for over 30 years. I raised four children and ordered extensively ski jackets etc expensive orders. I attempted to place an online order last night with a 40% off good/frequent customer discount and ordered at approximately 840-845 pm PST. Having a little difficulty finding a couple of items I went past the 11:59 PM Eastern time by the time I had completed my over $350 order and the system timed me out of my sale price.

Thinking this must be a computer glitz or erroneous, since I started my order almost 20 minutes prior to the close time, I phoned customer service and spoke of it to someone, who expressed not the slightest concern for my query, and didn't address the IT concern or clarify my question about the timing (shouldn't customers starting their online orders and not phoning in have their timing started when they sign on to purchase?). If this very old and reliable company fails to provide customer service they deserve the problems they are having since aligning with Sears and now Kohl's and it is sad indeed to see them falling.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Lands' End NOW charges for return shipping. They sent me the wrong size pants so I returned them, two months later I called back to find out what happened because I never heard anything from them. They stated they have all returns at FedEx and once they reach a certain amount FedEx will then send all returns to Lands' End. First of all whoever heard of this nonsense?!?! Then, three months later I called them back and spoke to a rude lady and she advised me they no longer have those pants available so they can only do a refund less $7.00 for the return shipping that they sent me and know where did it say we would pay for that. So the nuts to all this is when you hear Lands' End goes out of business because of Covid-19 that's **. I call it "SELF DESTRUCTION"! I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS SOON!

Original review: March 12, 2021

My wife bought a shirt. Wore it 3 times (only 3 mos old) and stitching became undone. Contacted Customer Service. Said would impose $6.95 fee to return a $10 shirt! To make things worse and to quote CS Rep “well it was bought last year, it’s old. What do you expect for $10”!!!! Never again would waste money here after years of being loyal!

Lands' End Company Information