Lands' End

Lands' End

4.0/5 (322 ratings)

About Lands' End

Lands' End Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lands' End?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land's End?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I find it outrageous that your policy is to send by email an e-card as a refund which is not linked to the account. Specially as this so-called ecard is not connected to the item refunded nor the order number of the purchased made. So when we receive it, we have no idea to what item refunded it relates to nor to what order number it relates to verify amount is correct, for the correct item refunded. Your policy is to bank/bet that customer will end up forgetting the e card, lose it in the amount of junk email with promotion that they receive.

Tip for consumers: The refund policy is a very controversial process where only Lands' End has information and the customer has none and is forced into a complex process of investigation what order made when, what was returned, amount to be refunded. We asked for the refund, they proposed to deduct cost of shipping to which we agreed. Then they went back to say they cannot refund my credit card and that I have to use the merchandise credit card with them. Products used: This is a review on the service that propose a refund that the customer will potentially lose, end up forgetting and with obvious hassle for the customer to check and track.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

This company takes over two weeks to ship your order. Customer service staff are rude, unable to answer your questions, and unhelpful. If you pay these high prices you expect a better service. I would never buy at Lands' End again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I placed an order with a Lands' End agent via the phone. My order was paid on the same date it was ordered. Two weeks later, I called Lands End to inquire about the date when my order will arrive. I was told by the agent that it is unknown when my order will leave their warehouse in Wisconsin and unknown when it will be delivered to me. The reason given is due to heavy customer demand, there is a problem processing all the orders due to lack of employees. I explained that when I placed the order, the agent never mentioned to me that my order would be delayed. Their business management policies need to be reviewed and revised as the end result is poor customer service.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I am utterly disappointed with this company and our school requirements. Our school is requiring uniforms only to be ordered from Lands' End. I ordered on 8/5 and they said to expect 4-5 additional days for embroidered items. It is 9/8 and now it states to expect an additional 30-35 business days for embroidered items. It is a requirement for them have their logos exclusively from this company and they can't meet the demands. They should not work with schools if they can't meet the demands. Many, many families are having to purchase additional clothing without labels while they wait months for clothes to ship. I hope that school board decides to go with a different company soon!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I had received a Land's End rash guard top as a gift. I had also ordered the same top for myself prior to receiving the gift. Both tops were the same size and were too small. I had the order number for the top I bought myself but the other top was a gift and did not have an order. They refused to give me any money for the gifted top so I am out a $35 top. In addition, I packaged the two return tops in the same return pack as another purchase and they deducted the shipping price twice. I am so disappointed, seems like someone could have helped me.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Their refund policy says you get your refund how you paid. I got merchandise credit because I checked free returns. What? They need to state that more clearly. Won’t be ordering again. Customer service did resolve the issue and credited my PayPal account, but will deduct $6.97 for shipping from my refund. Will never order again.

Original review: July 31, 2021

In 40-plus years, I have never had anything but excellent transactions with Lands' End. I have purchased everything from winter coats to underwear. Wonderful merchandise. I have on occasion had to return or exchange an item, which I have usually done by phone because I get mixed up with the return slips. Little time on hold, friendly, competent staff, easy transaction. No overcharging, ever. Their prices are good, quality is terrific. The exchanges or returns are always due to a bad fit - my own fault, not theirs - and either they have the right size or they don't, but they are always courteous, reliable, and professional. I have never once been dissatisfied, either with quality or interaction.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I have ordered from this company for over 30 years. I raised four children and ordered extensively ski jackets etc expensive orders. I attempted to place an online order last night with a 40% off good/frequent customer discount and ordered at approximately 840-845 pm PST. Having a little difficulty finding a couple of items I went past the 11:59 PM Eastern time by the time I had completed my over $350 order and the system timed me out of my sale price.

Thinking this must be a computer glitz or erroneous, since I started my order almost 20 minutes prior to the close time, I phoned customer service and spoke of it to someone, who expressed not the slightest concern for my query, and didn't address the IT concern or clarify my question about the timing (shouldn't customers starting their online orders and not phoning in have their timing started when they sign on to purchase?). If this very old and reliable company fails to provide customer service they deserve the problems they are having since aligning with Sears and now Kohl's and it is sad indeed to see them falling.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Lands' End NOW charges for return shipping. They sent me the wrong size pants so I returned them, two months later I called back to find out what happened because I never heard anything from them. They stated they have all returns at FedEx and once they reach a certain amount FedEx will then send all returns to Lands' End. First of all whoever heard of this nonsense?!?! Then, three months later I called them back and spoke to a rude lady and she advised me they no longer have those pants available so they can only do a refund less $7.00 for the return shipping that they sent me and know where did it say we would pay for that. So the nuts to all this is when you hear Lands' End goes out of business because of Covid-19 that's **. I call it "SELF DESTRUCTION"! I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS SOON!

Original review: March 12, 2021

My wife bought a shirt. Wore it 3 times (only 3 mos old) and stitching became undone. Contacted Customer Service. Said would impose $6.95 fee to return a $10 shirt! To make things worse and to quote CS Rep “well it was bought last year, it’s old. What do you expect for $10”!!!! Never again would waste money here after years of being loyal!

Original review: March 6, 2021

I had 3 back ordered items which were to be shipped on 3/3 and 3/4. Today is 3/6. No communication from Lands' End. So I contacted Customer Service. They told me they can’t provide a shipping date for these items. What kind of business is this? Unbelievable!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I purchased a swimsuit that do not fit well. After returning the suit, Lands' End took 16 dollars from my refund to cover shipping. There is no way a lightweight suit costs 16 dollars to ship back. I wasted 16 dollars on a crappy swimsuit. Will never shop Land's End again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I bought perfect Yoga pants and wore them for 16 years. When I tried to replace them, I tried many pairs that just weren't right. Finally, I tried Lands' End! PERFECT! The right weight, flare, size!!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I ordered a men's belt following Lands' End's guideline for the right size. It was too long, so I returned it for an exchange. I was charged $14.95 total for the shipping with the belt costing $32.95. So, I paid 45% of the belt cost in shipping. Furthermore, my initial order was on October 5 with my receiving the replacement belt on November 24th, 1 1/2 months later. I will never again order anything from Lands' End.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I called customer service to inquire about teenage sizes. I was surprised at the answer I got from customer service as she said, "How do I know?" I was so nervous I ordered two night gowns and realized when they were delivered that they were too small. I paid $9.00 for delivery and to return, I paid $6.95. Lands' End use to be customer oriented - no more. I asked to be taken off the mailing list. There are too many good places to shop online. No more Lands' end. Horrible experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I will say that being harassed by two Lands' End staff was totally the worst day ever. I walked into the Wayzata, MN store while shopping for a winter jacket for my daughter. Two ladies approached me and told me that my mask was not acceptable to them and that they were a private company and could do what they wanted, which to included calling me out in front of my family, calling the cops on me and told me I had to leave their store. Why ... because they disapproved of my mask! Which I had on per MN mandate!

So I explained to them this was the only mask I had. It was for medical reasons and they both told me to leave their store 10 more times. After the situation with the cops ... they then proceeded to intimidate my kids and I as we got in the car thru the windows of the store. I have contacted customer service who was escalating my claim to management! I want others to beware before entering this store and I have asked for the employees to be educated and let go for harassment!!!! What these ladies did today was completely out of line and unprofessional!!!! Lands' End should be embarrassed to have staff like this!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I had a horrible experience with the uniform and credit card department. I called internationally from South Korea, trying to correct some redundant charges on my debit card. My call started at 2 am Korea time and ended at 5:09 am. I passed off to several different departments within Land’s End. They kept me on hold on 6 different occasions at an average of 20 mins per hold. It was the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I had to use my personal phone and got charged at the international billing rate. I will never do business with this company again only because of their horrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Lands' End sent me an email promoting free shipping for one day. However, they don't tell you that if you want free shipping, you can't apply any other promo code. So really you have to choose between free shipping or a discount promo code. So free shipping is not really free. You can only get free shipping if you want to pay full price.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

After receiving 2 shirts that were not as pictured or described, I contacted customer service. I was told I needed to package the items for return and would lose $6.95 on the return value because of charges they impose. The agent on the Live Chat ended the chat without a resolution. I cannot wear either shirt, as they have a slit that is far too revealing. Neither the picture or the item description on the website are accurate. I was told if I returned the items to the store, I would receive full credit. I do not have a store within 60+ miles of my home. Long time customer now will find a new store.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I have been a Lands' End customer for many years, but they have changed and I am not planning to continue with them as a customer. I received a $50 birthday discount for a $100 purchase. I found a pair of hiking boots for $99.95, just $.05 less. They would not honor the discount so I added a sleeveless top, on sale, but they would not honor the sale as that would be 2 promotions so I continued. Then they told me they now charged a fee of $6.95 for a return that did not fit or meet the expectations, and finally indicated their minimum to not charge a shipping charge had increased to $75 and this resulting charge after the $50 discount would be $69. That was the last straw. I did not make the purchase.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I ordered 4 items. We received none of the items we ordered. I called it in; The customer service person said we would receive our correct order 2 days later. It did not arrive; I called in and they had no good reason why but said it would not come in in time for what we needed it for. The way this impacted us was that now I am unprepared for an outdoor excursion for which I needed clothing for my children. Now we have to try to find the items elsewhere, at the last minute and at extra cost. They did not do what they said they would do. Lack of integrity.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I have been purchasing from Lands' End for years. I enjoy their discounts, free shipping. Even though I can no longer process returns at Sears I have continued to buy from them and pay the return shipping. However, the last two times I have sent back my returns, they acknowledge receiving my order but I never get a credit. 3 weeks have passed and when I followed up they said it takes 2-3 weeks for a credit and writhing 3 days of me following up they process the credit. Then I remember I had a return older than the one I just inquired about and no credit from a month ago. It is just not acceptable to take a month or longer to process a credit. By then your credit charge is due. I am very disappointed in their service.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Down vest is not down at all, 100% polyester lining, no logo in front, just look like regular jacket, very bad quality also sizing is not correct and much larger than claim to be. If you ship overseas they do not return tax or post expenses, do not recommend. I also like to add photos for proof.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Recently my company purchased business shirts from Lands' End. One of the three wrinkle free shirts was anything but wrinkle free. When I mentioned it to the sympathetic customer service rep, she had no choice but to bill me for the replacement shirt and at some time refund me for the defective one. I dont know any other supplier that will do that. And the shirt was frightfully expensive to begin with. I recommend that you think twice before using this company in the future.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Lands' End has provided quality merchandise across the four seasons: swimsuits, pants, men's pajamas, flannel shirts for men and women, down vests, etc. Easy returns with quick credit card refunds; very amicable phone staff who have gone the extra mile in assistance. Sales are valuable for me to be a dedicated patron. Catalog presentations are precise and helpful. Other companies could benefit by imitating this level of service and quality.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I returned the bad quality jacket at the same day after received it. I called to customer service and explained about problems with this jacket and required to receive credit because I returned it. But, Lands' End send me unwanted package with poor quality jacket again. I contacted with customer service and I received very bad, impolite responses from them. I very disappointed with Lands end. Now, I have responsibility to drive to post office again to send this package second time. It is not my responsibility. I believe customer services at Lands end are incompetent and provide bad customer service to us customers. We pay money to them and agents response to us with angry, resistible responses regarding orders and returns. I want resolve this problem because it very disappointed. I am very good customer and did not deserve bad responses that covered their incompetence.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Be aware that anything you purchase from LE that needs to be returned will be your responsibility. I support the quality of their clothing but not their return policy. I like their clothes but will not be ordering from them in the future. Their shipping rates are expensive and if you have to return the item, you get to pay again. In this day and age of free shipping, it is difficult to compete with that mentality. I felt like I got penalized for returning an item. I even have a $10 anniversary award that will not use due to their return policy.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Lands Ends is a preferred school uniform provider for my son's school. I have seen declining of shipping school uniform in a timely manner. I love Lands End's clothing due to the quality of their products; however, within the last 3 years I have seen declining of the quality of their clothing. Several orders had to be returned due to defect. Furthermore, you can't go by Lands Ends children's sizing chart. Lands End childrens runs a size smaller. I had ordered several sets of pajamas using their chart. I had to return them all for the next size up. When I received the new sets, top and bottom are two different sizes. Again, they will need to be returned. It's such a hassle and frustrating having to always making a return or an exchange due to either a defective products or error on their end.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Great selection, good values, excellent customer service; been a customer for more than 15 years, products are fantastic quality and their exchange or return policies are very flexible. Their catalogs always have the newest and I get them all the time.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Consistent quality in the clothes I have purchased. Good website & quick delivery. Good fit achieved from their measurements guide & sizing. Great for the whole family including fun gift ideas. Great customer service.

Lands' End Company Information