2. Shopping

South Gate, CA

3.7/5 (46 ratings)

About Curacao

Curacao Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Curacao?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Curacao?

Original review: March 4, 2021

I purchased a smart TV (Samsung) because my family and I were moving to a new home. I also purchased the extended warranty because I was nervous about the move and wanted to ensure my television would be ok. A year later my tv needs repairs so I go through the proper channels and contact Centricity (warranty company who has a terrible rating with BBB due to the many complaints) who responded to my email requesting more information. I sent the info requested but received no response from Centricity instead got a call from someone in Florida (I am currently in Los Angeles) who works for Curacao telling me my warranty would not cover my tv repairs.

When I attempted to get an explanation I got transferred to sales where I spoke to 7 different people to no avail. I am still waiting for a call back from a supervisor. Corporate phone numbers lead me to the sales department who informed me they did not have a supervisor or an e-mail available. Do not purchase from this Curacao or deal with a warranty from Centricity.. go to Best Buy, Target or Costco!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

This store is an Hindu company owned, not a Latin store whatsoever. Every time I try open an account with them for some reason I get denied no muy bueno. Be careful, they like to ding your credit and offer you fake credit when really they won’t give you credit. P.s. Don’t Do it!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I went in to purchase a lamp that I really wanted. I already knew I was going to purchase the lamp I just needed help getting it. Granted they were busy. But not one sales associate acknowledged me. And there were several there. I kind of felt like it was because I was not Hispanic. They just kind of looked through me. So I just left after waiting for a good 45 minutes. Thanks. Jackie in Anaheim

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Me and my family purchased our furniture set here in Los Angeles pending the arrival of our family visiting from out of state. They took our payment and assured us a delivery date perfect before their arrival. Unfortunately the couches never came, we had already removed our old set and cleaned our home waiting the arrival of our new furniture set. The manager that spoke to us on the phone at the store we purchased explained that they did not have our furniture in stock and gave us a pushed back date of two more weeks offering free delivery. We then went back to the store speak with the sales representative and the manager on duty to get better understanding why we will have to wait two more weeks when our family was due to arrive.

We still had one more week to figure out something before their arrival so we would not have our family sitting on the floor but they gave us a date after our family would leave to receive our new furniture set. Unfortunately the couches still did not arrive on the new given date and gave us two more weeks to wait. We were now one month with nowhere to sit and had the most uncomfortable visit and embarrassing visit that did not go well for me and my wife. I would not recommend anyone to purchase here.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I've tried using my Curacao Credit Card online on multiple occasions, and it doesn't go through. There's no reason it shouldn't work. I think they are just trying to get personal information. What's weird about it all is that although it shows that they pulled my credit, it doesn't show that I have a new credit account like it immediately did when I got credit with Finger Hut. I do not trust this company at all. Also their customer service is beyond terrible. I waited on hold for an hour only to have them hang up on me both times. When you are actually able to talk to someone, they are rude, and unhelpful. How is this company still in business? I would definitely think twice before applying for credit and handing over your information.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I order a Sunny Health and Fitness row and ride machine in April! I never reduced the item and they even told me it never shipped! I made the mistake with paying through PayPal and I have had no success for 4 months to get my money returned. At this point I’m holding both companies accountable because they can’t get their ** together. I have called every other week for 4 months! I even have the shipping confirmation showing the other item that did ship weighed 4 pounds! This item weighs 25 pounds! So tell me how anyone doesn’t believe that! Beyond frustrated. Have talked to at least 8 different people at their company who all assured me my refund was being processed! Now I’m seeking legal action for this!

Original review: May 6, 2020

Awful.They dont replace online damaged goods and the gift certificate for being referred and referring is a gimmick. Customer service on phone transfer you leave you on hold and then call gets dropped after 15 minutes.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I called in on April 22nd, 2020 that I received a alert that someone had applied without my consent. Called in. They confirmed they saw the application and asked several questions. Then I was told the fraud department would call in 24hr-48hrs. It is now a week later, no response. I call today and they cant find my information. They provide a fraud department phone number that no one picks up.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I don't have perfect credit but my FICO is in the high 600s - no late payments, varied accounts and less than 15% of my available credit is used at any one time. I applied with Curacao as I had a couple of friends that recently obtained accounts with them and was curious as to what limit I might receive. Both of my friends are Hispanic, have a large amount of debt and scores below 600, with late payments, etc. Both were approved. I was denied after I was forced to call in after the online application failed (seems to be a common issue).

After speaking to a rep, they said they would speak to a supervisor. Within 2-3 minutes they returned and said my application was declined and I would see a letter in the mail in the next week or so. After researching a little online, it seems that Curacao caters to the Latino community and it is very common for non-Hispanic names to be declined regardless of credit history. Curacao is known to approve credit with even ITIN numbers for those that don't have Social Security numbers. I will be investigating this further through the State.

Curacao response

James, Thank you reaching out to us and voicing your concerns. Please know, we do not condone any form of discrimination at our company. It's our mission to treat each applicant and customer with compassion and respect, while following industry best practices and applicable law regarding identity verification and the granting of credit. We would like to learn more about your experience. Please contact us, escalations@icuracao.com with any additional details. Include "CA040220" in the subject

Original review: March 6, 2020

Updated on 03/24/2020: I wrote a review not too long ago (see below). They responded to contact them.. I did. Griselda helped me supposedly by forwarding the message to the correct department... and still have yet to hear from them. I emailed her. Still nothing ... They obviously can care less about their customers let alone their customer service from their own employees! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. Better off shopping at Target, Best Buy, Walmart! La Curacao don't bother to reply to this until I GET A MESSAGE BACK ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS ACCOUNT FIRST!

Original Review: So my roommate took my card and went shopping.. I had no idea until it went into collections.. I’ve been trying to dispute and as retaliation La Curacao opened another account without my permission or consent! They refuse to remove it or close it even though it has zero balance and hasn't been used ever (already over 6 yrs. Should be closed by 3 yrs no activity) ... This company is extremely shady! STAY AWAY!!!!

Curacao response

Hello Andy, Thank you for reaching out to us. Please contact our fraud department at 213-639-2415 so that we may review your particular case and assist you as soon as possible. You may also email us at escalations@icuracao.com with "CA 030620" in the subject line. Thank you for your feedback. - Frank

Curacao Company Information