La Curacao

South Gate, CA

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went in to the store to close my account. They didint fully close it. Can't get them removed from my credit report. Wtf do I do now?? They say I have to wait 6 month. Wtf for what? I've canceled cards before. They remove them within a week. Who can I call... I bought a dre Beats boombox. It took me 7 months to pay it off. My payments were 80 a month for a ** box that was only worth 299 plus hidden fees. I didint know about how do they expect me to stay. I got bestbuy way better. I'm worried I'll never have them removed from my credit report. I read on here other people complaining about the same issue. People say it's been on their credit report for more than a 4 to 7 years.

I purchased a floor model for a leather couch with the extended protection plan. This couch is TERRIBLY uncomfortable and is making my arthritis and neuropathic conditions worse. This company has a useless 7 day return policy on furniture so I cannot return it besides it takes more than one week to judge the effects of furniture. I am extremely upset, I am tied into this purchase for $1,000 when I really thought I was getting quality merchandise. I will never shop there again as it's impossible to reach the store in general.

Don't get nothing from Curacao. I bought it laptop and paid off and after that they thing to charge an 300 more because they said it was a warranty and they send me to collection. It's all fraudulent. Lets make a complain in a group to demand them and stop them to do all this.

We bought a refrigerator and I'm so so mad at myself for this purchase. Since we received it we had problems. I called and called one so-called tech... came looked at it for 3 mins and left. He didn't find a problem. Are you serious? It's the summer again. We have 12 kids and we cannot have ice cream or ice in the freezer, everything melts and now my food is going bad. The whole thing is not working at all. My payments are all on time so what the hell is going on with this company? 90% of the workers at the store or on the phone don't speak fluent English and don't understand that we need this fixed asap. Not even if I speak fluent Spanish they still don't comprehend the words I'm speaking. I will never purchase anything or recommend anyone.

Anyone that has complaints about La Curacao department store please email me at **. I recently received a letter regarding my account. On my half I've done the best of my ability to work and arrange out but the representative are always giving me false information and coming up with plenty of different excuses. For example, a representative told me that the previous representative whom I spoke to accidentally gave me wrong information and there's no agreement made.

I would also receive calls from representative speaking to me unprofessionally and even laughing in regards to my financial situation. There's more to the unprofessional calls that I can explain. For example when I used to receive calls after business hours which I know it is ILLEGAL but unfortunately I want to get straight to the point. Those customers that have a bad experience and feel they have been getting lied to about a product and warranty, PLEASE feel free to email me and together we can unite and file against La Curacao department. The reason they keep stealing us for the extra bucks is because we don't do anything to put an end to it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Curacao?

I purchased a beats power beats 2 earphones from the Curacao store in San bernardino ca. I was putting them on one day and the right ear bud prong broke. I went to the customer service desk and talked to service representative j. **. He told me there was nothing they could do because the headphones were damaged. I was very unhappy since I purchased an extended warranty. I felt that I was cheated and was lied to. First of all the lady that sold me the headphone said if I bought the extended warranty, that they would give me a new pair and they would deal with the manufacturer. So what they do to resolve this problem? They take possession of my headphones and said they are going to send them to the manufacturer to see if they will send me a new pair.

Well I'm sorry but that's what I thought the extended warranty was for. I am really disappointed with this customer service. Now I am out of these headphones which are not cheap. If I would of known I was being lied to I would not had paid the 40 bucks for the extended warranty which I cannot use. I'm really worried now because I just purchased a Bose surround sound system and I purchased an extended warranty for 240 bucks on that system and I'm hoping nothing goes wrong with it because I'm afraid Curacao won't fix it and come up with another excuse as to why they won't honor their own warranty. Very bad business. If not resolved I am going to pay off my credit account and not do business with them again and warn friends and other consumers about their shady business practices. You know social media these days are very powerful.

On December 23rd I purchased a flat screen TV, a TV stand, as well as a few of Christmas gifts. I don't visit La Curacao often, but when I do, me and my family come to buy. My visits are typically great (I shop in the LA store, not Huntington Park). The staff is friendly and helpful. When making my TV purchase, I was not interested in the TV stand, but as part of their upselling process, they convinced me to take one. On January 6th we exchanged gifts and the TV and stand were a gift for my mother. To my surprise my brother purchased a TV stand for her as well. Not needing two TV stands, I agree to return mine.

When I finally make my way to the store to return the brand new unopened TV stand (6 weeks after purchase) The associate in the returns area tells me that cannot return the stand. At this point I am puzzled, because first off. I was completely unaware of their policy, and thought at worst case scenario I can get a store Credit and since I am in the market of buying my mom a new French door refrigerator I can use the credit towards that. I ask the associate to bring his manager so that I can possibly get some sort of exception made, if not a refund, then maybe a store credit.

At this point a very smug store manager by the name of Alex ** comes up to me and says that he is aware of my situation and cannot do anything for me, as the policy is the policy (Mind you, he spoke to me in a curt, unprofessional way and told me I made my purchase over 3 months ago). I explained my situation again and the fact that it was actually 6 weeks ago not 3 months, and he proceeded to say that 12/23 through 02/10 is 3 months! After correcting him on his bad arithmetic I went on to explain the fact that I do not live near a Curacao store, otherwise if I was aware of the policy, I would have returned sooner.

I also went on to explain that I was in the store to look at refrigerators as an additional purchase. He went on to say, he didn't care if made an additional purchase or not, and said if I don't purchase a refrigerator at his store, someone else will (basically telling me that he didn't need my business). At this point I was very upset, because he made me feel like garbage, and completely ungrateful of my and my family and friends patronage to his company (Curacao). I went on to ask why he was being so rude, and he said that "I am treating you with respect". That's when I became more upset and asked why he could not do an exception for my situation, and he told me, "I already told you that the answer is no!"

At this point I mentioned that the way he is treating me, I don't feel I want to shop at Curacao again, as well as I will have my family close their accounts out. His response was even more rude, he said "Perfect, go ahead and do that. We have other account holders and that will be up to you to close your account/s!" I proceed to ask him for the corporate customer escalation unit telephone number, and he had the audacity to say "I don't know the number". He then turned to the associate at the counter and told him "just give him the number to the repair and service department".

I then ask him, why are you giving me the repair number instead of Customer solutions, and he said "You can figure out the options on the automated system and get transferred". I let him know that I would call from the store, and he said, "you can as long as you call from your phone." So I proceed to call the number provided, and of course there was no option to go to customer service. Instead I spent 25 minutes being transferred from service, to credit, then Credit provided me a number to call so that I can reach customer solutions. During the process, the call drops as the representative from customer solutions answers.

To my surprise, the customer solutions associate named Griselda, called me right back. I was impressed by her professionalism, her ability to actually listen to my situation, and make an out of the box decision, seeing its only two weeks past, and the product is new and untouched and in the box. She asks me to give her 20 minutes to review my situation in depth. Sure enough, in 18 minutes, she called me back and once again apologized for the bad situation I went through, and said to go to the counter and ask to speak with Alex the manager once again, as he was going to do the refund. Alex refused to come out, but instead had one of the guys in the counter do my return. The guy in the counter was friendly and apologized for what I had to go through with his manager.

My word of advise as a manager of over 25 years is to get Alexander ** some serious customer service training. I think even a janitor has the capacity to count, listen and think outside the box more so than he can. His behavior is disgusting! Most importantly, If he treated me like this, I would hate to see what he does to those that don't have a voice or culturally don't use it. This says a lot as many of the clients at Curacao are first generation Latinos, and I can imagine how bad he treats them, but they don't say much as the Curacao is likely their only shopping option. Warning stay out of the Huntington Park store, and go to the Los Angeles store instead.

I was in need to get a washer machine and I went to La Curacao in Chino, California. Everything was ok with my credit, but when I picked up at the warehouse I noticed the washer machine was without the original box. They told me that was the way the factory sent to them, so I took it and I paid to connect in my home. The washer machine never worked. I called La Curacao and then I went in person to Chino location because nobody was able to help me. 3 persons contacted one was Alonso **, Angelica **. No solution yet. Finally they accepted to returned, but some charges was add to my account $50 for pick up and $55 for returning. Consumer affairs has to do something to stop all of this abusing to honestly people. Thank you.

I needed a Laptop computer for school so I went to La Curacao to see their specials on Black Friday even though I already had decide I was going to buy it at Best Buy or Fry's. I had a rush to go to work on that morning as I had to be at work by 8:00 AM. By the time the lady helped me I already had look over some computers and had found what I wanted for a lower price than the other companies I was going to go. So I requested the Laptop I wanted and ASSUMING I WAS SIGNING THE RECEIPT FOR JUST THE COMPUTER which was worth $500, I did not check the screen for the receipt and I just signed.

By the time I got home and checked my receipt I found out they had charged me extra $600 for an student package that included Microsoft Office programs, Antivirus, and Premium installation. STUFF I DID NOT WANTED BECAUSE I NEVER ASKED FOR IT!! Even if I would have requested, I could have done the installation myself!! Instead of paying $200 for it!! I went to speak with 3 managers which none of them helped! And they wanted to charge me $500 more if I returned the computer. The last manager I spoke with insulted me saying that this fraud happened to me because I am still young and Latina. I just decided to walk out and he yelled "Yes, get out of my face because I do not want to keep talking to such a person like you." I think his name was Gerardo and works at the Huntington Park location. This was the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! And definitely NEVER WILL PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!!

2 years ago I Bought a pair of sofas and the vendor insisted on buying insurance for them because with the Time the sofas would wear out and with the insurance they would exchange them. So I bought the insurance for 4 years and 2 years have passed and Now that I need them to be exchanged because they got deteriorate a little bit they don't answer My calls and put Me on hold for 1 or 2 hours and the end they hang up on Me. If someone has sued Curacao Please contact Me or if you know an attorney who take these kinds of cases Please let Me know. This store don't back up what they promise.

For my son's birthday I decided to buy him a 3DS bundle package that cost about $350.00. As I was purchasing it the employee ringing me up kept trying to convince me to purchase the warranty. She said it covered everything, so I decided to purchase it for $50.00. Well about 2 months later the left side of the DS broke. The screen was staying on only from right side. When I took it in I was told the warranty would not cover it. Never have I been so disappointed with a purchase. I was more devastated than anything. I decided to ask to speak to the store manager hoping there was something he could do. Not only did he not help me but he told me I should have asked more questions about the warranty and I told him his employee told me it covered EVERYTHING as she was convincing me to take it. I assume as she is the employee she should be the one to tell me what the warranty didn't include.

I'm just devastated because he hardly got to play with it and I'm still paying it off. My advice to anyone buying electronics to be careful if you consider shopping here because they will tell you one thing as you are making the purchase but if something goes wrong with the device you basically on your own. I will just be sticking to best buy now.

I got a brand new never used PS4 so they said it was brand new. I got home, plugged everything correctly to my TV. I turned the ps4 on - it would not fully turn on, it would turn off right away. I went next day to La Curacao. I told them they sold me a ps4 that does not work. Then they took the ps4 out of the box and checked the barcode number. Then they checked the box barcode number. They didn't match so they accused me of swapping ps4's!! I looked at them like "wtf are you serious!" So I called corporate numerous of times, numerous of voice mails, they wouldn't return my calls. PLEASE DON'T SHOP AT LA CURACAO. IT'S A RIPOFF BOOTLEG STUFF. IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM PLEASE EMAIL ME AT **.

I ordered a Galaxy Tab S. A package arrived on Sat 05/16/15 containing a Galaxy Tab 4. The Packing Slip showed Galaxy Tab S, and I was billed for same. I immediately called 1-866-410-1611 to obtain a RMA #. I was advised that this department was closed, but they would send my details on Monday. I called on Monday and I had to give customer service my information twice. I was put on hold for 3 minutes or such, and another representative asked me if the Customer was on the line. I advised her that I was the customer. She responded that she could only discuss account details with the account holder. I gave her my account information again, and she repeated that she could only discuss details with the customer. I asked her how I could resolve this issue if they were not even willing to discuss it with me. I read her the entire Order # and Account #, and she finally found the correct information.

I advised her that I ordered and was billed for a Galaxy Tab S, but the item in the package was a Tab 4. She responded that she couldn't do anything until I shipped the item back to them. I advised her that I have been trying to do that, but I am still not receiving my RMA #. I was then told that they would send me the RMA # through e-mail. A few hours later I called again since I still haven't received that RMA. I was hung up on 2-3 times. One of the messages received was that they could not accept my call at this time(?) When I finally got through and after giving all my information again, I was told that I had to wait a few hours for the e-mail to arrive, and that I should check my Junk-mail. I am paying for a expensive warranty that probably already kicked in.

I ordered a executive office chair as a gift. I get it via FedEx and the box is torn up. I go to put the chair together and half the screws are missing and the rest do not fit. I call the customer service # and they answer in ESPAÑOL. Did not give a rats ass about my product. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they hung up on me.

I had credit with Curacao in 2002. I canceled the account owe nothing. To this day I have not had success getting them to remove their account from my EXPERIAN CREDIT REPORT. They never answer the emails I have send in the past six months.

My husband and I have been a loyal customer with Curacao for a few years. We recently purchased 3 sofas from them and were disappointed with the poor quality of the material. We wanted to exchange the sofas for something else. We went back to the store and was told we needed to call customer service. My husband was on hold for over an hour. When he finally got through he was told they would pick up the sofas and deliver the new ones the next day. To our surprise no one showed up or called us. We played cat and mouse on the phone for almost a week.

I gave all of my information on their application. Received $900 supposed credit. Tried to order a television. Every time I got on the phone and hung up on me, and when I tried to do the website I can pay, my password was wrong -- it was perfectly right. I feel that they have stolen my social security number, my identity, my birthday, my name, my address, my phone number, and my password. I am filing a police report on Monday. Anyone else that has experienced it too and call the Attorney Generals office -- they will go after them.

I buy a Frigidaire washer like 3 years ago. I also bought a $120 extended service warranty. My washer broke on 02/20/2015. I call to make an appointment. They told me I have to wait 48 hrs. Today is 02/26/2015. I been calling every time - they said I have to wait another 48 hrs. Wow worse 120 dlls ever spend!!! Don't buy from them. They don't back up what they promise…

Opened first time credit. We bought an apple laptop. At the check out the total due was more than $1,700.00 when the price was 1092.00. The manager Julio **- per our cashier Cesar ** - had added the insurance, office software, and more things they didn't even let me know about until I saw the screen and asked about it. At the end they charged us the laptop, Ca Recycle fee. Wait not done yet. At the end the cashier told us, "Oh we have a new policy. If you lose your computer or have a theft just bring your police report and we will give you another one." They added Air Global Protection without our consent. Can they even do that!? Plus when we open the account they offered us an option terms that did not apply to us because we got an apple laptop and that does not apply. We got upset!!! BAD experience!!!

On December 11, 2014, I purchased a Large TV from Curacao as a Christmas gift for my son. I was told he would receive it on December 18, 2014. He did not receive it. I called Curacao customer service. I am told he will receive the TV on December 22, 2014. He did not receive it. I called Curacao on December 22, 2014. I was told that they would open a ticket and ecommerce will call or email me today regarding the status of this order. Never received either so I called December 24, 2014. I was told he would receive it by Christmas. He did NOT receive it. I called Curacao customer service again on December 26, 2014. The customer service rep. said he was putting me on hold. He hung up on me. I called back, he puts me hold for more than half hour, I hung up, called back. Get another customer service rep., he puts me on hold for 15 minutes. Then informs me I will receive a call or email from ecommerce later today and provides me with another phone number. I call the new number. Now I am being told by this new rep that my order has not gone out because I am having it delivered to a different address than mine.

I initially, at the time of placing this order asked the Curacao customer service rep if sending this gift directly to my son be a problem. I was told "No" not at all. Because it is a Christmas gift it can go directly to him. Now this new Curacao rep comes back on the phone and says "I think we are going to have to cancel your order cause the tv can't go to a different address from yours." At this point, I am frustrated, angry, disappointed with this company Curacao and am closing this account. I will never order from them again nor recommend their business to anyone. I inform the Curacao customer service rep that I am no longer interested in doing business with them and am requesting to close my account. Now I am being told that I cannot close my account for a week or more until they cancel this order, even though they never processed my order. This has been the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! And most of the Curacao customer service reps I spoke with were rude, unprofessional, and lacked knowledge about their own company.

**/ Fraud Analyst, 1605 W Olympic Blvd. Suite 700 | Los Angeles, CA 90015. "Call this person for any fraud accounts". Worst customer service. Won't answer questions, doesn't research her cases correctly, and is late on her paperwork. Make sure to make follow-up phone calls once a week. Two fraudulent accounts were open using my info on September 9, 2014. I contacted this person to have these accounts closed and have accounts removed from my credit score. I provided all my current valid information (CA driver's license, pay stubs, bank statement, social security card, time sheets) along with proof that I was at work when the purchases were made and a police report along with a notarized document stating that it was all correct and I wasn't the one committing the fraud. The accounts were opened using a fake ID, fake employer (that was not verified), and my social # and my address. All they could tell me was that I have to wait 90 days to wait for the investigation to be concluded. After I provided all the valid documents - everyone single one - all they have to do is look at it. Remember to make follow-up phones calls at least once a week. That way, they can remember to process the paperwork. I would rate this zero stars if I could.

I've had my account here for over two years, already paid off some expensive items. Just recently couldn't afford the 100 dollar bill every month. The interest rates are incredibly high. I had called and asked how I could change my account from 100 to 50 dollars a month. I was told to go to the Curacao and fill out a promise to pay form. I told them I would go on a specific day when I wasn't working.

I went that day and saw that one of the people in the place to apply for credit was almost free. I sat down and was about to go up when a sales associate came in with people who were just barely going to apply for credit. I got really irritated because it takes forever. I was sitting there for half an hour while the two credit people were opening new accounts. I finally got to the person and filled out the promise to pay form and was told over the phone I could refinance my contract on the day I paid.

That time comes around. I first go to the credit place and it was packed. There was one lady who was free. I asked her if she could help me to refinance my account and that it was something quicker than opening an account. Be in mind that the two other people were opening new accounts while she was just laughing on and on with a different employee. She told me, "No, you have to take a number and sit down. We go by numbers." I was thinking 'Really, you go by numbers? The last time I was here, you took priority for someone opening an account while I was there first."

I told her "Do I really have to wait, I have to get to work in 30 minutes." She told me yeah with a rude tone of voice. I just told her I'm not waiting. I went to pay at the register and asked her if she knew anything about refinancing accounts, she said no. I went outside and tried to call the people who had been harassing me with making a payment everyday even though I signed a document promising to pay. They were closed; it was Sunday. I called the next day, finally just talked to someone who helped me out and said that it should be changed to 50 dollars, making the amount go 400 dollars higher, and then the next day I get a phone call from them saying to make a payment. Never go here. Take your business to Best Buy instead.

I went to this store to return a tablet that I end up not using. It was brand new, seal box. I took it back and the store manager was rude and told me that they cannot take it back because the 15 days period was over. Nobody explain me the 15 days warranty. Then I talk to someone else and he was going to take it back but when store manager find out, he told that he already told me that he was not going to do anything. Everybody treat you with no respect when it comes to the return. I will never go back again and I wouldn't recommended to anyone because of how they treat customers. This is the worse shopping experience I ever have.

I bought a t.v. from the South Gate store and the representative offered me some type of insurance to protect my credit in case I ever couldn't make a payment... He said I was going to pay a dollar for every hundred ONLY the FIRST month so I agreed. The next month they want to keep charging me so I go to the store to complain but they can't help me out. They said they can cancel it but I still have to pay for this month and the upcoming one when it was their sales person's fault! It's ridiculous how terrible their service is. I tried calling headquarters but it was even worse.

I wanted to buy a TV I saw on the ad that was on sale for 699. When I went to the guy, was making me an estimate and it came out to 2500. He told me because it was a package that it has a sound bar and TV stand and cables, even installation. I told them that I only wanted the TV. He told me just the TV, it was 1500. He told me I needed to buy the whole package, that it was cheaper like that and I told him that I saw the ad and it was on sale for 699. He said that that was the price if I buy it on the package, that for me to get it for that price I needed to buy the whole package. I tried to talk to the supervisor but he was so rude and said he was busy. He didn't have time for me he said. And he said that if I wanted to talk to him I should try to call on the phone.

I still remember his name was Willy ** and the other manager was Alex **. A horrible company and they have people unqualified for that kind of job. I ended up buying the same TV for 599 on other store. Then I went to the one on south gate and I saw a friend that used to work with me. I explained what happened and he told that they try to sell more because every person has a monthly goal and if they don't make it, they get fired. He told me that they even hide the prices and change it and that they add insurance to the accounts just for them to make more money. Since then I cancel my account. So people, don't buy from that store. Compare prices and always check what you're signing for.

Service representatives are so terrible and cannot adequately address concerns. Called them to fix the constant text messages and emails I get regarding monthly statements. They cannot fix it and the only way to do this is online and the Curacao website reverts back to the previous settings without saving. They refuse to let you speak to someone that can help you. They claim there is no compliance dept. or specific department to lodge your complaints. They continue to harass me via email spam and mailers and SMS text messages despite my many requests to be placed on do not solicit or do not call list.

I had the worst experience with 2 of the Curacao employees. I had asked about a month ago for the company to come by and fix my dryer which had broken, about two weeks later a guy from that company came by. The only thing that was not right was that he walked right inside my garage and was about to open my door without anyone's permission. At this time my husband was driving in the driveway when he saw the man and my husband quickly asked him, "Hey, can I help you with something?" The man had said to him, "I am here to fix your dryer", then my husband had told him to wait a second he can't go in without his permission.

So after all that another 2 weeks passed by. Today is 3/17/14 when I was coming into my driveway, I notice 2 men getting out of a white van and as they walked to the gate they tried opening the gate. Once I was right in front of them, I asked them nicely, "Can I help you with something?" And they responded saying, "What?" So I asked again, "What do you need?"... At this point I had no idea they were coming by to fix by dryer, they did not notify me whatsoever. So as I was saying the man responded very rudely to me saying, "Yeah we're here to fix your dryer."

I had told them nicely again, "Okay give me a second, don't just walk inside my house like that," and once again he said rudely "NO ONE IS GOING TO STEAL ANYTHING FROM YOUR FILTHY HOME OR YOUR TRASHY YARD. I AIN'T FIXING **" (excuse the language). I got off the car and said without been rude again, "That's fine but you should never speak to a customer like that." As he was getting into the van along with the other guy, he said, "Shut your mouth you st***id ** lady", so I went around and knocked on his window and asked him, "Excuse me? Repeat what you just said again!" And so he did, in the meanwhile my daughter and my minor son were coming to my side to see what was going on and out of nowhere the two men seriously flipped off both of my kids for no reason along saying other real rude stuff and the two men drove off.

So after 5 mins, I called La Curacao to put a complain. NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE helped me. I spend 2 hours on the phone with them and all they were doing was transferring me to different numbers. No one should be talked like this whatsoever. They need to be careful who they hire because this is very very unacceptable for any job. I am furious.

Around 10/28/2013, my car was stolen from the back parking lot of my apartment complex. In my glove compartment was my account information slip from La Curacao (the one handed to you when you first sign up for credit inside the store). Well they were somehow able to make an online purchase and maxed my account $200 over the limit. When I found out and reported it to La Curacao (on 11/6/13), they at first did not believe me and the guy on the phone was extremely rude. Afterwards, they told me that I needed to file a police report, take it to La Curacao.

To make a police report, I had to print out a statement from my online account from the charge. I went and did that. (it does not show who bought it, what they bought or where they shipped it to. It just shows how much was spent.) After that, I went to La Curacao, filled out a fraud form and had it notarized and turned into the manager. This was on 11/6/13. They told me I was not responsible for the payments because the report had been submitted and it was under investigation now.

On 11/26/13, I got a call saying that my payment was past due. I called and they told me that no note was made on my account about the fraud and I had to call their fraud department. I called and they told me they would return my call in 10 minutes. 45 minutes later, I got a call back and they told me to call another number and to leave a voicemail. I did that and it has been 2 weeks and they still have not called me back. I got a text a couple days ago to call them about my fraud. So I called yet again another number (213-639-7816) and left yet another voicemail (twice!) and still have not heard back from them. So this whole time, I do not know what is going on with my fraud claim. It is very irresponsible of them to not have resolved this over a month ago. And even worse because they have not bothered to contact me to help me solve this issue.

Early in July of this year I logged on to make a payment on my credit card. I saw there was a transaction "pending" for La Curacao. I immediately contacted my credit card company to notify them that there was fraudulent activity on my account. Unfortunately, the charge for La Curacao was released before the credit card company could stop the transaction. I've tried contacting La Curacao numerous times. It's been a nightmare getting through their automated system.

Today I was finally able to get a live person on the line. He wouldn't give me any information about the transaction even though he could see that my card was used. He told me he would have to transfer me to another department. After being on hold for close to 10 minutes, the system advised me that "all of their operators were currently busy" and I would have to call back another time and then the call was ended. In my mind, La Curacao is just as slimy as the individual who stole my credit card information.

I purchased an Android Tablet from La Curacao. I was warned by the Radio Shack not to do so because they give their clientele a very hard time when returning, exchanging or having issues with items. I didn't believe I would have an issue and decided to make the purchase at Curacao because Radio Shack priced the tablet at $30 more. What a horrible mistake. NEVER again! The tablet is DEFECTIVE. It didn't turn on, it won't charge and is completely useless. I took it back the next day to the store for a full refund at which point they had a technician assure the tablet was defective. Indeed it was and they agreed to exchange it. I asked for a refund as I didn't want to take my chances with them. They stated I would be charged a 15% restocking fee. I refused as the item is DEFECTIVE. I live in CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles. And in CA you have 7 days to exchange or receive a full refund.

Per La Curacao's return policy I have 15 days on an electronic item to return or exchange it. A 15% restocking fee applies, and I understand had I used it, opened it and decided to return it open and/or used. But as a defective product, I should not be held liable for the restocking fee. I argued with the rep, the technician, the salesman. Their manager responded to their calls, but never showed face. They refused to honor my request. I am extremely upset. They probably do this to all the Latinos who don't know any better and get away with it. VERY SHAMEFUL and DECEITFUL practice. I intend to fight this. DO NOT SHOP HERE PLEASE.

La Curacao Company Profile