1.04/5

South Gate, CA

62 La Curacao Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2019

I open credit account with this company and is my worse decision. Because I had no job and they keep calling and calling also my references, job. They not stop even I told them to send me to collections. Even to the decided keep calling is so stressful.

Original review: April 13, 2019

In November of 2018, I opened a credit account with Curacao of Los Angeles online. I received a $300.00 limit and I ordered two items. One 2TB External Drive overpriced at $89.00 and a Slim DVD/CD Player with Burning function for about $35.00, also overpriced. The order was to be shipped within a week. It was the middle of December and I still have not received my order. I sent them various emails and they acknowledged the delay. They replied that the order would be sent express shipping. The first item arrived 2 weeks later at the end of December. The second item arrived a week later. I received my statement with a total balance of around $140.00. On the statement they only had the option of paying by phone or online payment.

I decided to write them a check and sent it to the Customer Service Department at their Corporate Headquarters on Olympic Blvd in Los Angeles. The due date arrived and my payment was still not credited to my account. To avoid a late charge, I decided to pay the statement online. My balance was zero and two days later they received my check and cashed it anyway. I called them up and requested that my credit balance of $141.00 be refunded to me and to please close my account, as I was not satisfied by their delayed and late deliver of my order. I was informed that they would mail me a check for the $141.00 and after that I could close my account. I understood the situation and agreed not to close my account until I received my refund.

Three weeks later I received a call from them and they assured me the check was in the mail. The next month on March 19, 2019 I received another call to tell me that they had April 12, 2019, I still had not received my refund. I called them and they said they had mailed my refund and that they had no control over the U.S. Postal Service, so I was still in the mail. I told them that was garbage because this was the third time they had given me the same excuse. I was put on hold and the customer service rep. told me I had to go down to the corporate headquarters and show my ID as proof I was who I said I was and that was the only way I could receive my refund. At that point I lost it and I yelled every obscenity I could think of and say that was BS. Needless to say they hung up on me.

I call back seven times and each time they picked up the phone and hung up on me. I called an additional ten times until I got to a supervisor at the Corporate Headquarters. They asked me why I could go down to their offices and pick up the refund in person. I replied that I was not the idiot that did not do their job and why the hell would I want to go into downtown Los Angeles at Five O'clock in the afternoon on a Friday in the middle of rush hour traffic. I asked "Are you really that much of a stupid idiot?" I demanded that my refund be mailed to me ASAP or I would go to the Spanish news media outlets in Los Angeles and I would turn over the recordings of all the phone conversations to show the inept handling of my problem with them. I did this legally as I stated to every person that came on the line to speak to me, that I was recording the phone calls.

I also told them that I would be filing a complaint with the City of Los Angeles, as they are suing Curacao over the treatment of customers regarding their credit accounts. The tone quickly changed to them being very apologetic and they reassured me that they would be mailing out my refund on Monday April 15, 2019 and that I will receive my refund no later than Thursday, April 18, 2019. I told them if I did not receive my refund by that day, the next day I would do everything I said I would do with the city and with the Spanish news media. Let's see if they deliver on their promise.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Curacao ran my credit without my authorization and issued a credit card in my name after I called to tell them I am a victim of fraud. This company ran my credit without authorization and sent me a credit card even after I had called to mention that I did not request or authorize any run. I receive a notice on my credit file back on January 17 and 19th indicating that someone had tried to run credit; I get these notices ever since I have fallen victim to identity theft. Mind you, because my credit is on fraud alert, creditors receive an alert indicating that my social is on fraud alert and to make sure and call the so called applicant before moving forward. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN. After receiving the notification, I immediately called them and they mentioned that they could do nothing due to a lack of a case number. Was confused but decided to be patient since they mentioned that no activity was present on the file anyway.

A few days later, lo and behold I receive a credit card issued in my name from Curacao. This means, whatever they claimed over the phone a few weeks back was a lie. I did not apply for a credit card and despite telling them that I am a victim of fraud so someone else probably attempted to open something, they didn't listen. I did a security freeze with all the credit bureaus months before this happened and it still went through despite them probably getting a message during the credit run process that I am a victim of fraud and to call me to double check that I in fact was the one who applied for the card. I call them on January 31st to tell them the same damn thing. I never requested a credit card to be issued in my name yet I have a physical card. "Please ban all activity and close out my account," this conversation was repeated literally to 10 different people as they bounced my issue around to all their colleagues.

They finally say that they will review the issue and call me back the next day, Friday February 1, 2019. I wait, and no call, no email, no update. I call back February 4, 2019 to check on the status of my case and they say it takes 24 to 72 hours BUT that someone will call me tomorrow, February 5, 2019 and I have not heard a peep from this company. I had the same fraudulent card issuance with a different company at the same time and they addressed my issue immediately as it was a fraud case. CURACAO on the other hand takes their precious time despite me indicating that someone is using my name and social to open an account. What do I do to get these people to listen and close my account? This is outrageous. Please close my account! It shouldn't take this long. I am posting on all sites to get their attention as they obviously do not want to help me over the phone when I'm trying to be patient and civil with them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I bought a phone on credit from this place, about 1 month later, I received a call offering services they have for protection in the event I am financially strapped due to loss of work or illness, etc. I was asked if I wanted to receive more info, I agreed never knowing that I had agreed to sign up to their program. Fast forward 6 months, and I found out I was charged a total of $56.00 since and still have to pay this month's charge although I did not agree because "it's already billed" per their rep, once you say you agree to receive an info, they automatically sign you up, once you receive the paperwork, you opt out. That is so deceitful! All he could offer was to cancel the service so I do not pay it for January.

I made sure to let him know I was putting in a complaint to the attorney general of California (they actually help! You should definitely submit a complaint through them) and as I was typing up my complaint noticed that I could no longer view my past statements. From the looks to me that they do not want me to be able to access what they have fraudulently charged me!!! Unlucky for them, I am ahead of those **! Good luck punks.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Went to the store for the first time. Got approved. I wanted to get my husband a new tv due to the fact he's a vet with issues. I picked it out, 20 minutes pass, came back and told me I wasn't approved but have the new card account saying approved. I was so mad. Ran my credit and I know it's good. I even got a alert on my phone to make sure it was me applying for credit. Do not go to this store. Rip off and will be reporting them to fraud department. Freeze your credit report right away. They will do damage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Curacao?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

If I can, I’ll give NO stars! I used to be a faithful consumer of La Curacao. Now that I’m facing a financial crisis, La Curacao is closing doors on me and ruining my credit score. I’ve been responsible by keeping in touch and trying to have La Curacao, work a payment plan. All they say is, if I didn’t or if I don’t purchase an insurance, they can’t help me because I have a revolving account. I feel helpless. If SEARS, understands my situation and works with me, why can’t La Curacao?

Yesterday, I received a letter by mail from La Curacao, it states they are “trying” to work with me on a payment plan. Complete **! The letter also states, if I don’t make an immediate payment, they’ll take legal action against me. La Curacao, keeps harassing me. They are not compassionate they are rude and nasty to the consumer. I used to love La Curacao, but now I’m facing this crisis and they became just nasty. I’m very responsible but life happens and La Curacao, doesn’t work with consumers. Please don’t buy from them. Other retailers are more professional and help to keep their loyal consumers.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I would love to not even give this company the satisfaction of even one star! First off I recently tried to purchase a mattress, a ($1200) mattress to be precise, and was told that I would receive a tracking number for the product, I waited over a week after my purchase and never received an email for the tracking, I emailed them and finally received a response with a tracking number from some 3rd party shipping company saying at that time my bed would be delivered last week, I didn't receive it on the day promised but was told I would have it by Monday, then I get a call today saying their truck broke down and couldn't deliver today, UNACCEPTABLE! That's not even the worst part!

I proceeded at that point to tell the shipping company to cancel the delivery and order and return the product to this company, from which the guy said he would do so. I then proceeded to e-mail Curacao to tell them I wanted a refund and that I was having the bed returned to them for giving me the run around and now they're denying me my initial deposit of over $100 and say they will not allow for the return, I will be seeking legal assistance if they continue to deny me my return and refund.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Curacao store in South Gate, CA should be under investigation for fraudulent, unfair and illegal business practice regarding warranties. I bought a 4k 55 inch Samsung Smart TV for 799.00 dollars + tax and a 5 year warranty for 299.00 dollars. I purchased TV 10-23-2017 and I have always had problems with the TV regarding antenna issues and converter box not working and TV overheating. The panel finally cracked and I called Samsung and they refused to fix TV. I have a one year warranty with Samsung and they refused to fix panel 'cause, they said cracked panel is not under warranty and Curacao sold me a lemon and I have a broken down TV and Curacao will not return my money or exchange it and there very rude and they practice discrimination.

They only want Spanish speaking consumers. I notice that right away. I have done my research and I have been reading a lot of negative reviews about this store. Karma will get them one day. The next time I buy a TV. I will check reviews and then make a purchase. So sad a broken down TV in living room taking up space and a scratched up TV stand that they did not want to exchange. I will never do business with them again. They are criminals. To my knowledge they were under investigation by the state of CA. but I don't know the outcome of the investigation. The attorney general office was handling the case. I need to do some more research and get some more facts. Beware. Don't do business at this store. You will regret it.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have had this account since 2015 and have ALWAYS made my payment. At this present time I have a balance of about 200.00. My mom was healthy and her death was very unexpected. Needless to say if you have ever had to buy a last minute plane flight, and my bill was pretty much the last thing on my mind. When they called me to tell me I had miss my payment I apologized and stated why and they were nasty about it. I offered to send her death certificate to prove that I was not just lying. And proceeded to tell them not to bother me and I have already been charged a late charge and I will double up my payment next to date and not to have the auto message call me 12x a day.

Two days later I get a guy calling me about their 20 dollar payment. Needless to say I we off on him. This is the first of many sites and people that I will be reaching out to that will listen to my story. It is hard enough to lose a parent but right before Mother's Day where you see it everywhere. Oh in case you are curious they said they can give me five days.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

If I could give them no stars I would. I bought a washer and dryer on November 14. I purchased $840 of it with my debit card and I put $550 on the store account credit card so the shipping was supposed to be within 1 to 3 days and they called me about a week. From the place that had it I was going to ship it so they made an appointment for another week for me to receive it. When I received it it was only a washer on the paperwork that they had me signed. They had paperwork for H dryer so the delivery guy changed it and he put a washer and I called the company to let them know and ask them where my dryer was because I only received the washer and I bought both.

So after being on hold for two hours to get from department to department because they were busy and had to connect me with the right dept it took forever they told me that my dryer would be shipped later. It was just shipped at a different time so I give it another week. I called back. The same thing. I was on hold forever and the guy told me that it still hadn’t been shipped. To give it another week. So I did. The lady told me the same thing when I called the week after so finally the third week I called and I told the lady that needed my refund because this was ridiculous. So she informed me that they have been trying to get a hold of me which I received No phone calls no email no nothing. They said they had at the wrong information for me and they couldn’t get a hold of me but that my dryer has been there since November 28th.

I have been calling since before that so they were just putting me on hold forever and not even checking before my order. That is the worst part so I thought. So whatever they had it I just want to head and told them to deliver it so when I received it it was another washer. I called the company and every time I called them to let them know I informed them that I had a washer that I had the paperwork for the dryer when they received it so I wanted to make sure I was going to get my dryer. So I refuse delivery. I am called him right away and told them I needed my refund because it was ridiculous.

People were lying to me telling me that something was shipped when I was there all the time. They know what they were doing. I just want my refund. I just want my money back. I want to go get my dryer so what they did was at first they said they couldn’t give me my refund until they receive the product and I told him that’s ridiculous. It’s not my mistake. So they gave me a partial credit Of half of what I paid for back on my debit card and they said that they would give me the rest once they received the washer on my in-store credit card. So I’ll have a 550. Would’ve been to 75.

Well it is now January 9 and I have a balance on my credit card of 960 something dollars after a $45 payment and my credit card minimum due has doubled and I am pretty sure I am being charged for financing. I called them or two weeks Ago and they told me that they couldn’t give me up because they haven’t received the product. So when I complain and I told him I want to talk to a manager they said they were going to put it in because the manager wasn’t available and that they should take care of it by last week. It is now the ninth on Tuesday and nothing has been done. I’m tired of calling. It’s been forever. It’s gonna be almost 2 months that I’ve been dealing with these people when I don’t have time to be on the phone With them. I am seriously considering taking them to court for money they are stealing from me.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I bought a tv for my dad and they offered me the package which included the speaker. They asked if I wanted the tv installed and I said yes only if it was free. They told me it was free so I said yes. After I went to see why my bill was still so high and they told me installation was $300. And I told them I wasn't awarded and they told me it was free. I tried to contact the person who did my contract and they said he got fired and I told them I wasn't going to pay that. They threaten to increase my interest and my monthly payments. Plus I had already taken out a MacBook in 2014 and I'm still paying it. I feel that my payments don't decrease at all.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I was scammed by this store. I purchase a TV for $600 dollars then when I receive it the bill was three times the price $1800 dollars. I said, "What???" I went to the store. They didn't help at all. I'm 70 years old too tired to fight with La Curacao. I hope Consumers Affairs help us.

Original review: April 30, 2017

In January my husband and I bought a PS4 bundle as a gift. When I signed the contract it said my payments would be $55 dollars a month. Right away my first bill was almost $100. Then customer service started calling me making crazy threats. They even threatened my boss at work. I had no choice but to leave my job. I tried to explain to Curacao that I wasn't going to pay an amount I didn't agree upon hence the contract which they don't acknowledge at all. So as of right now I owe them $280 because of fees they thought I deserved is what the lady on the phone told me. At this point even though I was fed up with their lies and willingness to stack on crazy fees I still went out of my way to call them and set up a payment arrangement.

The lady "Jessica" from customer service was so rude she completely crossed the line telling me that she doesn't care about my situation which at the time not only was I dealing with a lot of health problems since my tumor was back. My younger sister was also dealing with chemotherapy for lymphoma. She continued to call me names and say demeaning comments about the way I handle my life and that they would take legal action over $200 and some change which consists of 90% fees they can't explain. They start calling at 6am and called every 30 minutes until 10pm every day. I don't even sleep anymore because they call me nonstop and leave threatening voicemails. They even started calling my family.

This lady "Jessica" completely had my mom in tears telling her she was a terrible mother and had no conscience. She continued to harass my mother all because my mom refused to give out my personal information. When my mom told her never to call her again because it was harassment "Jessica" stated she didn't care about what my mom was dealing with, she'd get the money owed then hung up. Keep in mind two daughters dealing with cancer and being sick herself as well. This type of harassment can do damage. I have tried to be civil with Curacao. They refuse to accept any type of payment plan or work with you. It's like "pay it now or off with your heads" type of company they are running. Oh and not to mention the PS4 they sold me was faulty to begin with and they don't offer returns or exchanges!!! Don't ever buy from these people because they will clean you out of house and home before they are done with you!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I purchased Samsung 65 inch tv and surround sound. The wifi on the tv went out and the surrounding sound gives a buzzing noise then cuts out. I called customer service after holding for 30 minutes. She took my name and account then on hold for 20 minutes. Then it was repair customer service, again I give the information and what is wrong with the items then she has to transfer me to the warranty service. Explain again then she says they would call me back for an appointment. They didn't call, I called after 3 days. Then finally an appointment, in 2 weeks.

They came out 2 weeks later. The parts they tried didn't work and said it's the 65 in display. No call 1 week later for confirmation of when part and repair can be done. So again with the beginning process and tell me the parts on backorder they don't know when it will come. The phone number the same for all depts. involved, they don't let me talked to a supervisor because they're not there or they're too busy. Feel like I'm a Curacao hostage over a brand new tv repair. Very sickening about this place. Seems there's nothing a consumer can do but take Curacao's BS. It going on a total of 2 1/2 months with no new tv working and still making payments. Surround sound still hasn't been looked at.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I went in to the store to close my account. They didint fully close it. Can't get them removed from my credit report. Wtf do I do now?? They say I have to wait 6 month. Wtf for what? I've canceled cards before. They remove them within a week. Who can I call... I bought a dre Beats boombox. It took me 7 months to pay it off. My payments were 80 a month for a ** box that was only worth 299 plus hidden fees. I didint know about how do they expect me to stay. I got bestbuy way better. I'm worried I'll never have them removed from my credit report. I read on here other people complaining about the same issue. People say it's been on their credit report for more than a 4 to 7 years.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I purchased a floor model for a leather couch with the extended protection plan. This couch is TERRIBLY uncomfortable and is making my arthritis and neuropathic conditions worse. This company has a useless 7 day return policy on furniture so I cannot return it besides it takes more than one week to judge the effects of furniture. I am extremely upset, I am tied into this purchase for $1,000 when I really thought I was getting quality merchandise. I will never shop there again as it's impossible to reach the store in general.

Original review: July 7, 2016

Don't get nothing from Curacao. I bought it laptop and paid off and after that they thing to charge an 300 more because they said it was a warranty and they send me to collection. It's all fraudulent. Lets make a complain in a group to demand them and stop them to do all this.

Original review: July 3, 2016

We bought a refrigerator and I'm so so mad at myself for this purchase. Since we received it we had problems. I called and called one so-called tech... came looked at it for 3 mins and left. He didn't find a problem. Are you serious? It's the summer again. We have 12 kids and we cannot have ice cream or ice in the freezer, everything melts and now my food is going bad. The whole thing is not working at all. My payments are all on time so what the hell is going on with this company? 90% of the workers at the store or on the phone don't speak fluent English and don't understand that we need this fixed asap. Not even if I speak fluent Spanish they still don't comprehend the words I'm speaking. I will never purchase anything or recommend anyone.

Original review: May 25, 2016

Anyone that has complaints about La Curacao department store please email me at **. I recently received a letter regarding my account. On my half I've done the best of my ability to work and arrange out but the representative are always giving me false information and coming up with plenty of different excuses. For example, a representative told me that the previous representative whom I spoke to accidentally gave me wrong information and there's no agreement made.

I would also receive calls from representative speaking to me unprofessionally and even laughing in regards to my financial situation. There's more to the unprofessional calls that I can explain. For example when I used to receive calls after business hours which I know it is ILLEGAL but unfortunately I want to get straight to the point. Those customers that have a bad experience and feel they have been getting lied to about a product and warranty, PLEASE feel free to email me and together we can unite and file against La Curacao department. The reason they keep stealing us for the extra bucks is because we don't do anything to put an end to it.

Original review: May 3, 2016

I purchased a beats power beats 2 earphones from the Curacao store in San bernardino ca. I was putting them on one day and the right ear bud prong broke. I went to the customer service desk and talked to service representative j. **. He told me there was nothing they could do because the headphones were damaged. I was very unhappy since I purchased an extended warranty. I felt that I was cheated and was lied to. First of all the lady that sold me the headphone said if I bought the extended warranty, that they would give me a new pair and they would deal with the manufacturer. So what they do to resolve this problem? They take possession of my headphones and said they are going to send them to the manufacturer to see if they will send me a new pair.

Well I'm sorry but that's what I thought the extended warranty was for. I am really disappointed with this customer service. Now I am out of these headphones which are not cheap. If I would of known I was being lied to I would not had paid the 40 bucks for the extended warranty which I cannot use. I'm really worried now because I just purchased a Bose surround sound system and I purchased an extended warranty for 240 bucks on that system and I'm hoping nothing goes wrong with it because I'm afraid Curacao won't fix it and come up with another excuse as to why they won't honor their own warranty. Very bad business. If not resolved I am going to pay off my credit account and not do business with them again and warn friends and other consumers about their shady business practices. You know social media these days are very powerful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

On December 23rd I purchased a flat screen TV, a TV stand, as well as a few of Christmas gifts. I don't visit La Curacao often, but when I do, me and my family come to buy. My visits are typically great (I shop in the LA store, not Huntington Park). The staff is friendly and helpful. When making my TV purchase, I was not interested in the TV stand, but as part of their upselling process, they convinced me to take one. On January 6th we exchanged gifts and the TV and stand were a gift for my mother. To my surprise my brother purchased a TV stand for her as well. Not needing two TV stands, I agree to return mine.

When I finally make my way to the store to return the brand new unopened TV stand (6 weeks after purchase) The associate in the returns area tells me that cannot return the stand. At this point I am puzzled, because first off. I was completely unaware of their policy, and thought at worst case scenario I can get a store Credit and since I am in the market of buying my mom a new French door refrigerator I can use the credit towards that. I ask the associate to bring his manager so that I can possibly get some sort of exception made, if not a refund, then maybe a store credit.

At this point a very smug store manager by the name of Alex ** comes up to me and says that he is aware of my situation and cannot do anything for me, as the policy is the policy (Mind you, he spoke to me in a curt, unprofessional way and told me I made my purchase over 3 months ago). I explained my situation again and the fact that it was actually 6 weeks ago not 3 months, and he proceeded to say that 12/23 through 02/10 is 3 months! After correcting him on his bad arithmetic I went on to explain the fact that I do not live near a Curacao store, otherwise if I was aware of the policy, I would have returned sooner.

I also went on to explain that I was in the store to look at refrigerators as an additional purchase. He went on to say, he didn't care if made an additional purchase or not, and said if I don't purchase a refrigerator at his store, someone else will (basically telling me that he didn't need my business). At this point I was very upset, because he made me feel like garbage, and completely ungrateful of my and my family and friends patronage to his company (Curacao). I went on to ask why he was being so rude, and he said that "I am treating you with respect". That's when I became more upset and asked why he could not do an exception for my situation, and he told me, "I already told you that the answer is no!"

At this point I mentioned that the way he is treating me, I don't feel I want to shop at Curacao again, as well as I will have my family close their accounts out. His response was even more rude, he said "Perfect, go ahead and do that. We have other account holders and that will be up to you to close your account/s!" I proceed to ask him for the corporate customer escalation unit telephone number, and he had the audacity to say "I don't know the number". He then turned to the associate at the counter and told him "just give him the number to the repair and service department".

I then ask him, why are you giving me the repair number instead of Customer solutions, and he said "You can figure out the options on the automated system and get transferred". I let him know that I would call from the store, and he said, "you can as long as you call from your phone." So I proceed to call the number provided, and of course there was no option to go to customer service. Instead I spent 25 minutes being transferred from service, to credit, then Credit provided me a number to call so that I can reach customer solutions. During the process, the call drops as the representative from customer solutions answers.

To my surprise, the customer solutions associate named Griselda, called me right back. I was impressed by her professionalism, her ability to actually listen to my situation, and make an out of the box decision, seeing its only two weeks past, and the product is new and untouched and in the box. She asks me to give her 20 minutes to review my situation in depth. Sure enough, in 18 minutes, she called me back and once again apologized for the bad situation I went through, and said to go to the counter and ask to speak with Alex the manager once again, as he was going to do the refund. Alex refused to come out, but instead had one of the guys in the counter do my return. The guy in the counter was friendly and apologized for what I had to go through with his manager.

My word of advise as a manager of over 25 years is to get Alexander ** some serious customer service training. I think even a janitor has the capacity to count, listen and think outside the box more so than he can. His behavior is disgusting! Most importantly, If he treated me like this, I would hate to see what he does to those that don't have a voice or culturally don't use it. This says a lot as many of the clients at Curacao are first generation Latinos, and I can imagine how bad he treats them, but they don't say much as the Curacao is likely their only shopping option. Warning stay out of the Huntington Park store, and go to the Los Angeles store instead.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

I was in need to get a washer machine and I went to La Curacao in Chino, California. Everything was ok with my credit, but when I picked up at the warehouse I noticed the washer machine was without the original box. They told me that was the way the factory sent to them, so I took it and I paid to connect in my home. The washer machine never worked. I called La Curacao and then I went in person to Chino location because nobody was able to help me. 3 persons contacted one was Alonso **, Angelica **. No solution yet. Finally they accepted to returned, but some charges was add to my account $50 for pick up and $55 for returning. Consumer affairs has to do something to stop all of this abusing to honestly people. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

I needed a Laptop computer for school so I went to La Curacao to see their specials on Black Friday even though I already had decide I was going to buy it at Best Buy or Fry's. I had a rush to go to work on that morning as I had to be at work by 8:00 AM. By the time the lady helped me I already had look over some computers and had found what I wanted for a lower price than the other companies I was going to go. So I requested the Laptop I wanted and ASSUMING I WAS SIGNING THE RECEIPT FOR JUST THE COMPUTER which was worth $500, I did not check the screen for the receipt and I just signed.

By the time I got home and checked my receipt I found out they had charged me extra $600 for an student package that included Microsoft Office programs, Antivirus, and Premium installation. STUFF I DID NOT WANTED BECAUSE I NEVER ASKED FOR IT!! Even if I would have requested, I could have done the installation myself!! Instead of paying $200 for it!! I went to speak with 3 managers which none of them helped! And they wanted to charge me $500 more if I returned the computer. The last manager I spoke with insulted me saying that this fraud happened to me because I am still young and Latina. I just decided to walk out and he yelled "Yes, get out of my face because I do not want to keep talking to such a person like you." I think his name was Gerardo and works at the Huntington Park location. This was the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! And definitely NEVER WILL PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

2 years ago I Bought a pair of sofas and the vendor insisted on buying insurance for them because with the Time the sofas would wear out and with the insurance they would exchange them. So I bought the insurance for 4 years and 2 years have passed and Now that I need them to be exchanged because they got deteriorate a little bit they don't answer My calls and put Me on hold for 1 or 2 hours and the end they hang up on Me. If someone has sued Curacao Please contact Me or if you know an attorney who take these kinds of cases Please let Me know. This store don't back up what they promise.

Original review: July 25, 2015

For my son's birthday I decided to buy him a 3DS bundle package that cost about $350.00. As I was purchasing it the employee ringing me up kept trying to convince me to purchase the warranty. She said it covered everything, so I decided to purchase it for $50.00. Well about 2 months later the left side of the DS broke. The screen was staying on only from right side. When I took it in I was told the warranty would not cover it. Never have I been so disappointed with a purchase. I was more devastated than anything. I decided to ask to speak to the store manager hoping there was something he could do. Not only did he not help me but he told me I should have asked more questions about the warranty and I told him his employee told me it covered EVERYTHING as she was convincing me to take it. I assume as she is the employee she should be the one to tell me what the warranty didn't include.

I'm just devastated because he hardly got to play with it and I'm still paying it off. My advice to anyone buying electronics to be careful if you consider shopping here because they will tell you one thing as you are making the purchase but if something goes wrong with the device you basically on your own. I will just be sticking to best buy now.

Original review: July 7, 2015

I got a brand new never used PS4 so they said it was brand new. I got home, plugged everything correctly to my TV. I turned the ps4 on - it would not fully turn on, it would turn off right away. I went next day to La Curacao. I told them they sold me a ps4 that does not work. Then they took the ps4 out of the box and checked the barcode number. Then they checked the box barcode number. They didn't match so they accused me of swapping ps4's!! I looked at them like "wtf are you serious!" So I called corporate numerous of times, numerous of voice mails, they wouldn't return my calls. PLEASE DON'T SHOP AT LA CURACAO. IT'S A RIPOFF BOOTLEG STUFF. IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM PLEASE EMAIL ME AT **.

Original review: May 19, 2015

I ordered a Galaxy Tab S. A package arrived on Sat 05/16/15 containing a Galaxy Tab 4. The Packing Slip showed Galaxy Tab S, and I was billed for same. I immediately called 1-866-410-1611 to obtain a RMA #. I was advised that this department was closed, but they would send my details on Monday. I called on Monday and I had to give customer service my information twice. I was put on hold for 3 minutes or such, and another representative asked me if the Customer was on the line. I advised her that I was the customer. She responded that she could only discuss account details with the account holder. I gave her my account information again, and she repeated that she could only discuss details with the customer. I asked her how I could resolve this issue if they were not even willing to discuss it with me. I read her the entire Order # and Account #, and she finally found the correct information.

I advised her that I ordered and was billed for a Galaxy Tab S, but the item in the package was a Tab 4. She responded that she couldn't do anything until I shipped the item back to them. I advised her that I have been trying to do that, but I am still not receiving my RMA #. I was then told that they would send me the RMA # through e-mail. A few hours later I called again since I still haven't received that RMA. I was hung up on 2-3 times. One of the messages received was that they could not accept my call at this time(?) When I finally got through and after giving all my information again, I was told that I had to wait a few hours for the e-mail to arrive, and that I should check my Junk-mail. I am paying for a expensive warranty that probably already kicked in.

Original review: April 30, 2015

I ordered a executive office chair as a gift. I get it via FedEx and the box is torn up. I go to put the chair together and half the screws are missing and the rest do not fit. I call the customer service # and they answer in ESPAÑOL. Did not give a rats ass about my product. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they hung up on me.

Original review: April 29, 2015

I had credit with Curacao in 2002. I canceled the account owe nothing. To this day I have not had success getting them to remove their account from my EXPERIAN CREDIT REPORT. They never answer the emails I have send in the past six months.

Original review: April 24, 2015

My husband and I have been a loyal customer with Curacao for a few years. We recently purchased 3 sofas from them and were disappointed with the poor quality of the material. We wanted to exchange the sofas for something else. We went back to the store and was told we needed to call customer service. My husband was on hold for over an hour. When he finally got through he was told they would pick up the sofas and deliver the new ones the next day. To our surprise no one showed up or called us. We played cat and mouse on the phone for almost a week.

La Curacao Company Information