South Gate, CA

4.0/5 (147 ratings)

About Curacao

Curacao Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Curacao?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Curacao?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

At first I thought Curacao was a cool place to get approved for credit. After purchasing my Samsung TV here it got damaged. I purchased a 5 year warranty for $170. But what they don't tell you is that you can't use it for a whole year!!! They gave me the run-around for a week before telling me this. A protection plan should start the day you purchase it!! Now I am stuck with a TV that I cannot use!! Don't shop here. Bad customer service. They will tell you anything to get the sale. Don't shop here!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Warning. They say they will give you up to $4000.00 but once they run your credit they give you $2000.00 and if you want more than $2000 of credit they want you to provide your whole family tree for "references". They act like a junk heap car lot owner thinking everyone has bad credit, also they don't keep their promise to refund the difference when you find it cheaper at Walmart or some other competitor.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Bought a refrigerator 2 months ago. We wanted to pay it off. The sales person never explained to us that if we wanted to pay it off we were still going to pay for interest. Instead of the amount going down to pay it off it was more.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I ordered a sofa and loveseat (order# **). They took almost a month to deliver the product. While ordering they said it is always delivered inside the house. However Shipper said they will leave the product outside the garage. So I paid $150 to get the furniture inside the house. When opened the plastic wrap, both sofa and loveseat is damaged. Loveseat is damaged to the point I can not even use it. Now Curacao saying they can not replace it, I have to return it. What a hassle to do business with these cheap companies. Stay away!!

Original review: June 18, 2022

It took a while for the delivery but customer service and dispatch and the main guys who delivered my ordered item Augustine and Franky were beyond excellent. Highly recommend them and the furniture was in excellent condition, no dents, no tear. Highly satisfied with how everything was handled!

Resolution response: May 25, 2022

After leaving this review they have issued my account a refund. Customer should not have to go through this. I have been with them for years. I expect good customer service.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I received my packages from Curacao. When I went to get them off the porch I seen the packages were damaged. I immediately took pictures and called Curacao. He said send them pictures. I did. Then he said if product was damaged call for return. When I tested products found 2 damaged. Called them and now they want to do investigation and more delay. The advertisement hassle free return. That is a lie.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I purchased an iPhone 11 Pro Max and like many others I was worried about it being damaged, so I paid an additional $200 for insurance. Not only that, but the staff was very convincing on how good their insurance would cover my phone. (READ TO THE BOTTOM IF YOU WANT AN HONEST REVIEW OF THEIR INSURANCE POLICY AND SUPPORT, WHICH IS HORRIBLE!)

Now, before I begin, I would like to say how much of a HORRIBLE system they have in place for the coverage of our items. So, I eventually ended up dropping and breaking my phone. The first step taken was to send it in for repairs. Though, while I was on the phone with the insurance company I stated multiple times that I did not want any generic replacements parts on my iPhone as that can be very damaging to my model of iPhone. They reassured me multiple times that they would use "genuine" parts, because I wanted to be very clear on my statements to them.

I later ended up driving my phone out to the technician that they referred me to for repairs which let me tell you was a VERY suspicious group. It was a genuine business and all, but while my first time there, I literally overheard them talking over one of their clients' devices saying, "we are not going to make any profit from this phone unless if we replace this part." At the time I clearly understood them as attempting to replace an original part of the phone for a generic 3rd party part for profit.

Moving forward, I ended up having my phone repaired, but the quality of parts that I received were horrible. The backloads of my device looked more like plastic than glass, and the led's or whatever screen they used represented an ANDROID display much rather than an iPhone which was incredibly frustrating. I confronted both the insurance company and the technicians about this and they played me all the way through about how this was not a guaranteed feature of their agreement even after they had already verbally told me they'd use genuine parts. I noticed that my phone was unnecessarily overheating after this and the internal parts were able to be shook from the inside as I waved my phone around.

KEEP READING. I then had a second accident where I literally broke my phone about 2 days after by mistake, but this time I purchased a temporary phone and held the iPhone in my drawer for a few months. Eventually I got to calling up the insurance over my phone and again, faced the tedious process of sending my phone in to these horrible technicians, where again I faced more problems with them.

After an ugly long wait of over a week, they called me in saying that they couldn't repair my phone and that they couldn't do anything about it. So, I requested to receive my iPhone back and that I would contact the insurance agency again, but they told me that I couldn't take back my iPhone anymore. I had to argue with them for a while until I could finally receive my phone back because it was an obvious attempt to keep my phone to scrap it or possibly repair it for profit which is not okay because despite it not being able to be fixed, it is still my property!

I later contacted the insurance agency and again I was faced with this horrible service. Instead of reimbursing me for my phone after having it deemed "unrepairable" and subject for refunded credit to me in order to purchase another phone, I had another big ordeal with them about how they wanted to send my phone in for a second opinion. That never happened, instead I was on a phone call with them where them manipulated me into stating a reason about a so-called "water damage" that never happened!

They literally told me something along the lines of, "can you please say anything so that I can put it down here and move forward with your claim/account." They proceeded with explaining to me how certain people sometimes shower with their phones and play music with it and things like that in an attempt to have me forfeit my claim, which they succeeded in because I had no idea that this would happen! I just agreed and made some random thing up with the guy because I wanted to help him out!

READ. This is extremely unfair because they were purposely rejecting my phone because there was literally no hope for my phone as it was in an extremely broken condition and there couldn't possibly have been any hope for repairing it and it would have been much better to just replace it! This insurance company forcefully deemed water damage when it was clearly much more evident that it faced extreme damage due to it being dropped!!! I am debating on closing all my accounts with you people not and which is sad because I have been a regular customer for YEARS. I am also going to make sure to spread awareness on your business conduct. Thanks for nothing!

Original review: July 25, 2021

I received a Curacao credit limit of $1400. See at the time I l lost my self employed job due the pandemic. I lost it. I'm a single ** parent of a beautiful daughter named Lailah who has Severe Autism with sensory disorder. We became homeless due to the fact of my income being depleted. We wound up a the Zahn Salvation Army homeless shelter downtown Los Angeles. We lost everything. So at the time we had been homeless I saved the money for my daughter to put toward her a bedroom set. This is the time the world slowly started to opening up like a rosebud very slowly. I started looking for housing after the quarantine.

I called the Curacao customer services whom took down my info to activate my Curacao credit limit. She told me she'd send me a website through text. I needed to verify myself. I received the text, took a selfie and downloaded my state issued ID. It came back. My online account was open to shop so I picked the items I wanted, went check out and there pops up all in red a notice that says Curacao has to update my personal info. I called a repeat of the same info I gave already. Ok then I'm told I could shop online now. After I verified myself again I verified myself no lie about 10 times if not more. I had to verify myself and over 20 different customer service if not more.

I have talked with Curacao. It's been 2 months. Still nothing. FACTS! Discrimination. My ID showed I'm **. I verified myself for 2 months. Still nothing. I even went into the Curacao store in person on Olympic. They had me take a picture twice. After the manager whispered in her ear she told me both times my pictures to verify me were not coming out right. I gave up.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I purchased a smart TV (Samsung) because my family and I were moving to a new home. I also purchased the extended warranty because I was nervous about the move and wanted to ensure my television would be ok. A year later my tv needs repairs so I go through the proper channels and contact Centricity (warranty company who has a terrible rating with BBB due to the many complaints) who responded to my email requesting more information. I sent the info requested but received no response from Centricity instead got a call from someone in Florida (I am currently in Los Angeles) who works for Curacao telling me my warranty would not cover my tv repairs.

When I attempted to get an explanation I got transferred to sales where I spoke to 7 different people to no avail. I am still waiting for a call back from a supervisor. Corporate phone numbers lead me to the sales department who informed me they did not have a supervisor or an e-mail available. Do not purchase from this Curacao or deal with a warranty from Centricity.. go to Best Buy, Target or Costco!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

This store is an Hindu company owned, not a Latin store whatsoever. Every time I try open an account with them for some reason I get denied no muy bueno. Be careful, they like to ding your credit and offer you fake credit when really they won’t give you credit. P.s. Don’t Do it!

Curacao Company Information