3.8/5 (699 ratings)

About JCPenney

JCPenney Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Came in 09/13/2018 looking for some specific clothing items for work. I couldn't find what I was looking for. A cashier named ** saw I looked lost asked me what I was looking for. I told her what I needed. She wasn't sure where to go. She walked up to ** and asked where we could find the dressy button shirts. ** gave me direction where to go. Although, I didn't find exactly what I was looking for ** went out of her way to help me. I was given excellent customer service from the 6000 Town East Mall Mesquite, TX 75150 location. I've shopped here for years and have never been offered help. Was definitely nice to get help from a genuine helpful person.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Purchased a set of Cooks heavy cookware years ago because it had a lifetime warranty. After using it for years the non-stick lining was beginning to break down. Contacted JCPenney about replacement and they first offered a cheap set of cookware for $39.00 and then said they couldn't replace set without receipt. Who keeps a receipt for 10 years? IRS doesn't even require that. Good set of cookware. Very poor at honoring their warranty. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I ordered some JCPenney "extreme value" items online for a good price, used a 40% off code I was emailed by them, and paid the $8.95 shipping fee. The items were all canceled the day before they were supposed to ship stating, "We're very sorry, but the following merchandise is no longer available." And yet the merchandise is still listed as FOR SALE on their site, now at a higher price of course. I don't understand how underhanded stuff like this is going to help them stay in business. I am not going to even call and protest, not worth my time as I know they won't let me re-order at the lower price. Ugh, how low this once reputable company has gone.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I ordered Nike slide sandals for my kids on 8/19. For 2 weeks I didn't receive any email that notify my order has arrived to pick up at their local store. So I called customer service and they said it's already arrived at the store. Next day I went to the store and found out it never came. They had product shortage and canceled the order. HOWEVER they never sent an email to explain nor refund my money. The customer service person had to go to the office to make a refund. She was very sorry that I had to come to pick up nothing.

She said it clearly appears in their system that the product never shipped. I don't understand why the customer service person gave me wrong information and made me go to the store. Maybe they don't have enough products but make customer pay money anyways?? I wasted my time and gas. It was my first time buying something at JCPenney and will be the last. I won't buy anything from them. No wonder why they are going out of business.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Sooo I order Nike leggings on August 27. They said that it would be ship 3-5 business days. Currently it September 7. They said that estimate delivery would be September 1. I don’t recall receiving a email from them saying that my item has been ship but apparently on their website it has been ship. So it been well over 3-5 business days and their estimated delivery. I call customer service but it said it can't track my order and I’m getting tired of waiting. It don’t know when it will come. JCPenney is not worth it. I don't recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

JCPenney provided me with one of if not the worst customer service experience. Spent three hours ordering groomsmen suits in the store, chose to have them shipped to our house, one of which still managed to be shipped to the store (which I should note is an hour commute for me). Turns out instead of receiving the pants to the suit I received a $4 clearance child shirt. Must I add the invoice was ordered correctly with the right information. Now let’s keep in mind it was clearly a wrongdoing on the warehouse end, misreading and sending a completely wrong item that in comparison to the 8 others suits shipped together was clearly not correct. When I called customer service, they informed me that they would in fact be charging my groomsman’s card again to send out the actual pants.

So, at this point I am confused how it has become my groomsman’s fault that JCPenney’s employees messed up with shipping the correct item and now we have to pay twice before being reimbursed 5 business days later? When I asked the JCPenney’s customer service worker how my groomsman’s was going to be compensated for the inconvenience and hassle of the entire situation she responded with saying he would receive free shipping. Which I find funny seeing as we had already received free shipping prior to purchasing the item in the store. So not only did we receive the completely wrong item, we have to wait at least another week before being credited one out of the two charges we received for the pants, and now have to wait an additional week because JCPenney screwed up our order.

Oh and one more laugh... They requested that they would like their $4 clearance shirt put into a package and shipped back via UPS. Sucks to want and pant for things and not get just that now doesn’t it? Good for you JCPenney. It’s clear you value your customers... NOT! I will never shop here again. Worst customer service!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I was given a credit card 6 months ago with a 500 dollar limit and this month in Sept they reduced my limit to 250 dollars. I have been paying my bill on time and I have even paid above the minimum amount. There should be a law against this. I am very unhappy with JCP and would not recommend anyone to shop there for nothing.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Ordered online. 31 cents short of $10 bucks... Customer service couldn't add or let me add to order to get it (although I qualified for the 30% off over 100 dollar order? And qualified for free shipping?). Customer service said they can't fix. Computer looks different than phone when ordering... Didn't let me change from my debit card to JCPenney card... Customer service couldn't fix. I asked to cancel the order... Customer service couldn't do it. I placed my order online then called 50 min (I had an appointment right after I placed the order). They said I would have had to have called within 10 min. Now I CANNOT cancel my order. They couldn't do ANYTHING to help me. They blame it on their system... Crappy system. Lost me as a customer today and having bank stop the payment. Thought they'd get it right after so many mistakes lately!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I placed an order on July 27, 2018 for a furniture. An email was sent to me on August 4th saying the order was shipped and my credit card was charged. However, on my account, the shipment date is August 10th. However, after several weeks, no other communication from JCPENNEY, not update on the order, no tracking number. I had to call so many times and each time, I was kept waiting for really long time before someone told me the only thing to do is wait. Some updates from the customer service include the actual shipment was made on August 13th, not the 10th or 4th. They also gave me a number of the shipping company but that company told me that they have no record of this shipment whatsoever.

Ironically, my wife placed an order on JCPENNEY.com at around the same time and the same thing happened to her: money charged and no more action from the company. My suggestion will be staying away from JCPENNEY at all cost. They don't seem to be interested in doing business anymore. Their customer service is literally non-existent. And so many times, they just hang me up during the conversation since they have no idea what they are doing at all.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Let me start by saying that my initial in store experience was very pleasant. Michelle eagerly assisted me and showed me the room darkening cellular blinds I was seeking. I needed custom sizes, and she was helpful with the quote and providing the information for the initial measurements. Within days, a very polite gentleman was at my house measuring two windows, and a couple days later the blinds were on order. Even better, they arrived in about a week. Now to the terrible experience portion. It has been over two weeks since the blinds arrived, it is August with temperatures in the 90's, and after six telephone calls, I still cannot get anyone to call me about scheduling the installation.

The installation was included in the custom blinds experience I paid for. No one seems to be able to give me any sort of answers, and absolutely no one is calling me back. I am doing all the calling. I have heard things like it is a new process and it is not a change for the good. I have also heard that they have to reach out to Salt Lake City to schedule the install... why? I live in Chicago? At this point I am ready to return these blinds and go with a different vendor. I will not be purchasing blinds for my other windows from JCP.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I purchased jeans online for my boys. We live in Guam and there are very few stores available to buy clothes. My one son is 6'5" and needs a 36" inseam. Arizona makes the perfect jean for him. I went to JCPenney online and ordered a pair of jeans matching the description of the jeans that he currently owns and wears almost daily. When the jeans arrived, they were not the same. They were baggy and too large.

Disappointed, I went to the PO to return the jeans to find out that it would cost more to return the jeans than it cost to buy them! I then contacted customer service to explain that the jeans were obviously missed sized, a defect issue, because my son had the same jeans in the same size and these were much larger. The lady told me that it was my fault that the jeans didn't fit and I should have "tried them on." LOL Wish we had a JCPenney out here! I told her that my son actually did have on the same pair and they fit fine so these were defective! She was extremely insensitive to my concerns. She was very matter of fact saying, "You can return them... but you're paying shipping... not us." "It's your problem the jeans don't fit". "You ordered the wrong size". I CANNOT order from JCPENNEY.COM again and I could never recommend anyone else to either!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I placed an order at JCPenney.com on July 27th. On August 4th, I received an email from them saying that the item has been shipped and my credit card was charged on that day. However, from my online account with JCPenney, it says the items was not shipped until August 10th and that is confirmed when I called their customer service. Also, there is absolutely no update since the item has been shipped. The customer service keep saying that I should wait and cannot even provide a tracking number for the shipping. Strongly suggest that stay away from JCPenney. It is not worth the wait.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I bought 3 sets of bath mats last 2 weeks. Quality excellent. Color is as shown. There’s only one BIG PROBLEM. They are slippy. I told JCPenney and they canceled review!!! Bottom line $$ means more I guess.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

In early August my husband and I decided to buy our very first washer and dryer. After lots of research, I picked a brand of washer that wasn't necessarily the one I wanted, as that was about $600 more for the set than the one we picked. We chose JCPenney.com because they had what looked like a great deal. So we placed the order, and were told 11 days was the earliest we could get it delivered. The day before delivery comes, and we get our confirmation call FOR JUST THE WASHER. So I called them, and they said they didn't sell appliances as sets. And that we had to pay full price for the dryer, and wait an additional 11 days for it to be delivered. I told them to kiss it. That I wouldn't pay any fees, and they needed to cancel the order NOW.

After a week, my credit card was finally reimbursed FOR JUST THE PRICE OF THE WASHER AND DRYER. They completely left the product care plan intact. And didn't even tell me until I called them, again, for the billionth time, that a whole different company handles the product care plans. So then I had to email them. And have yet to get a response on my they won't give me back my $350. And if I make a payment on my credit card, since they are the most recent transactions, they will be the first paid, and then it will take longer to get the money back.

So now I'm stuck not even able to pay on my credit card or anything. We ended up ordering a set for less price, and much better quality, that same day from Home Depot. It's already been delivered, and installed, and everything, BEFORE I EVEN GOT MY MONEY BACK. Long story short, don't shop at JCPenney ever. They deserve to go out of business.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I had $20 in bucks, and since there are no JCPenney's near me, I went to JCPenney.com. Big MISTAKE! My order did not come so I tracked it and it said it was not deliverable. I called the 1800 #. Another mistake. I got the rudest lady possible!!! She wanted my order number, I repeated 5 times, finally she told me to hang up and call back. I called back, and got the nicest lady named Anya, who said she would reorder. I told her I used a prepaid card. She said to get another one and call her back. So I went to the bank and got another prepaid card. I called back and the lady who answered said she could not transfer the call, but she would help me. I said that Anya was going to reorder and that I would still get to use my bucks, she said no. So I ended the call.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I placed a couple of orders on 6/10 and 6/11, 2018. Part of the orders were canceled. I was told that a check would be mailed to me. But I called many times, nothing happened but to be put on hold. -5*.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I bought several items online recently. Six of them were watches and two of the watches arrived broken so I returned them. I received a request from JCP to post a review and I submitted a honest review and they said my review did not meet their standards so they would not post it. I mentioned in my review that the watches were broken and in my opinion the price was too high for the quality of the watch. I did not use vulgar language and I was very professional. So that is not why they did not post the review. They only post the "nice" reviews. Please be aware that any reviews you see have been cherry picked to reflect nicely upon JCP. No wonder they are going out of business.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

JCPENNEY.com feedback cannot be trusted. While leaving five stars and saying a suit was very nice, I also let it be known that it was late getting to us and that it is important to have accurate delivery dates showing the latest date for arrival. For that latter part, my comment was not allowed to be posted.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

DO NOT ORDER CUT TO WIDTH BLINDS FROM JCPENNEY! I ordered cut to width blinds. Asked for 57 1/2" width. They shipped 57" blinds. I could not figure out why they kept falling out of the brackets I installed. I called JCPenney to tell them their supplier had shipped the wrong size. They told me they could not reorder it, because it was now "out of stock". I went online and found the exact blind, but now at a higher price. (I thought that was dirty that they would not re-order the blind at the same price for me.) I went ahead and ordered it at the higher price, because I really needed that blind.

I had to remove brackets, and repack all of the parts into the box and haul it over to JCPenney for a refund. I waited until the other blind came in. (First time I had it shipped to my house; second order I had shipped to the store for pick up.) I hauled in the wrong size blind for my refund and picked up the other blind. Before leaving the store, I had them open it and measure it. IT WAS ALSO 57" WIDE! They sent the WRONG SIZE the second time. I got a refund for that order, as well. LIVE AND LEARN. Do NOT order custom cut-to-order blinds from JCPenney until they get another supplier.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Hello, I purchased some sandals for my kids and I was told they would of gotten here. Unfortunately after ordering them on July 31st I have been told by several phone reps that it still has not shipped. I called today and one lady I spoke with would not get me a manager and was rude to me on the phone. She even insisted for me to cancel my order and re-order the shoes. My kids have pre-school next week? I asked several times for a manager and called another male representative who would not give me one to talk to. This is a billion dollar co. and there is no manager on duty? I am still waiting for a manager to call me or someone to email me. They took my money but still no items sent out... Bad business and bad customer service. Will not buy items for this company again!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My husband and I wanted to replace our old mattress so we did the research online and found a mattress at JC Penney’s that we were interested in, so we wrote down the item number of the mattress we were interested in and went to the JC Penney’s store at the Victorville Mall to see if the mattress was in stock and to try it out. The mattress was in stock and the floor model had one side firm and the other side plush so customers could decide which type they wanted. We had selected the plush online and even wrote the order number for the plush. We decided that we wanted the mattress in the plush and provided the sales associate with the information from online to order the plush mattress. The sales associate ordered the mattress in firm and gave us back the online paperwork with the plush information on it.

Further, she rang up the purchase which came to $1538.92 and this was on July 28, 2018 at 4:33 PM. It did not state on the receipt that she ordered a firm mattress so we thought she utilized the online information to order the plush mattress that we wanted. When we got home from shopping around 8:00 PM we checked our email to discover an email from JC Penney’s confirming our order for a FIRM mattress which is not what we wanted. The next day (July 29, 2018 around 9:00 AM) I telephoned JC Penney’s customer service and reached a RUDE sales associate who informed me that I could not cancel the FIRM mattress and would have to wait for it to come in on August 7, 2018, and refuse shipment and reorder the mattress I initially requested.

My husband and I (July 29, 2018 at 12:15 PM) returned to the Victorville Mall JC Penney’s store and showed sales associate Bianca the receipt and also the information that we had wrote down from online regarding the order for the PLUSH mattress yet the sales associate from the night before (July 28, 2018) ordered us a FIRM mattress anyway. Bianca remembered us from the previous night and opted to help us as the sales associate who ordered the wrong mattress was not there. Bianca reported that she could cancel the FIRM mattress and order the PLUSH mattress that we wanted but we would have to pay for it again and wait 3 to 5 business days for a refund on our credit card for the cancelled FIRM mattress.

We ordered the PLUSH mattress and on the same credit card and we were charged $1538.92 for the PLUSH mattress. When we got home on July 29, 2018 we received an email that a FIRM mattress would be delivered on August 7, 2018 and a second email confirming delivery of a PLUSH mattress on August 7, 2018. I telephoned JC Penney’s customer service and informed the sales associate that the FIRM mattress had been cancelled at the store by Bianca and that we only wanted ONE PLUSH mattress. I was informed that if two mattresses showed up to send the FIRM mattress back, but that most likely only the PLUSH mattress would be delivered.

On August 3, 2018, two charges had been placed on our credit card in the amount of $1538.92 times two for a total of 3077.84 to JC Penney’s. This was the 5th business day and instead of taking the charge off they billed for both mattresses. On August 3, 2018, I telephoned JC Penney’s customer service and explained the situation to a sales associate who informed me that it takes 7 to 10 business days to receive a refund on your credit card. On August 8, 2018 we received an email from Ryder Last Mile confirming the JC Penney’s mattress delivery to take place on August 9, 2018 as opposed to the delivery date of August 7, 2018.

On August 9, 2018, the delivery truck showed up at our home and I informed the driver’s not to take the mattress off of the truck if it is a FIRM mattress. The driver confirmed that the mattress was a PLUSH mattress and not a FIRM mattress. He took the mattress off the truck and I inspected it and confirmed that it was a PLUSH mattress so I took delivery and they set it up and my husband inspected it and signed for it.

On Friday, August 10, 2018 (10 business days) the charge for TWO mattresses was still on the credit card. I telephoned JC Penney’s customer service and didn’t catch the name of the sales associate, but I explained the situation to her that I had received the ONE mattress in PLUSH that I requested, but I have paid for TWO mattresses as the cancelled mattress is still showing on the credit card and they have been paid at JC Penney’s for TWO mattresses. The sales associate reported she would have to speak to a manager and after about 15 minutes on hold she hung up.

I telephoned customer service back (August 10, 2018 at 4:10 PM and spoke with a sales associate by the name of Collins. I informed him that I was just hung up on by a sales associate who was working on my case of trying to get us a refund on our credit card and I explained the situation again to him. He put me on hold and informed me that he needed to speak with a manager and I informed him that if the call gets disconnected I will have to call back and explain the situation again to another associate. Collins took down my telephone number and informed me that if the phone is disconnected he will call me back.

After about 10 minutes Collins came back on the line and reported that he sent an R.A. case. I asked, "What is that?" He reported, it (FIRM Mattress) was shipped out and they (JC Penney’s) will contact the Last Mile Driver to take the mattress back. He reported that the manufacturer was never contacted in time to ship the mattress back. I informed Collins that there has been no delivery or email confirmation for a FIRM mattress to be shipped to our home from the Ryder Last Mile. I informed Collins that there was an email on August 8, 2018, that a mattress would be delivered on August 9, 2018 and it was delivered and it was a PLUSH mattress which I took delivery of. There is no FIRM mattress being delivered to my home. He then informed me that until they get the mattress back (FIRM) that I would not receive a refund to the credit card.

I informed him that the order was cancelled for the FIRM mattress on July 29, 2018, by Bianca at the JC Penney’s Store in the Victorville Mall. Collins was unable to give me a date when we could expect the additional charge of 1538.92 to be taken off of our credit card. I informed him that we would incur additional interest charges if this charge was not removed from the credit card and that we cannot pay for the same mattress twice. I also asked to speak with a supervisor and he referred me to the legal department of JC Penney’s.

I telephoned the legal department of JC Penney’s after hanging up with Collins. I spoke with a sales associate by the name of Laura and I explained the situation again to Laura. Again, she needed to speak with management. After about 15 minutes she reported that she needed to create a ticket and leave it open. I asked her what this means. She asked for the order number of the cancelled FIRM mattress so I gave her the 16 digit order number of the FIRM mattress. She reported that this order was not cancelled. She then asked for the cancelled FIRM mattress 16 digit number which I gave to her for a SECOND time. She continued to report that this number was not in the system. I Informed her that I could give her the 16 digit order number for the PLUSH mattress which I took delivery of and when I gave it to her she appeared to be confused.

I also informed her that JC Penney’s has been paid for both mattresses, essentially they were paid twice for ONE mattress and I only wanted ONE mattress. I also informed Laura that the original sales associate informed us that we would receive a refund of the FIRM mattress to our credit card in 3 to 5 business days. We waited and then contacted customer service who informed us that it takes 7 to 10 business days to receive a refund to our credit card so again we waited and yet the charge still remains on the credit card. Laura reported that she was going to transfer me to the escalation department where I spoke with a sales associate named Kim in the escalation department.

I explained the situation again to Kim and she asked for the 16 digit order number for the FIRM mattress and I provided it to her. She asked again for the cancelled order 16 digit number (FIRM) and I gave it to her again. She then informed me that I needed to file a claim with Mastercard which is the credit card that they charged twice. I informed her that I was going to contact the credit card company next to inform them that JC Penney’s charged twice for ONE mattress and let them get the money back from JC Penney’s as my husband and I are not paying twice for one mattress. She began to get agitated (she was on speaker phone for my husband and adult daughter to also hear) and asked for another 16 digit number.

I asked her if she wanted the number to the PLUSH mattress that we took delivery on and she stated, “Don’t give me the number ending in 7210." I told her the number to the PLUSH mattress ends in 7901 so she wanted that number. She then became more angry and reported that she would refund $1300.00 to the credit card and I began to inform her that this is not correct when she cut me off and reported that by Thursday we would have a refund in the amount of $1538.92 placed back on the credit card. Kim was hostile and stated that if the money was not back on the credit card to call back, but she knows that it will be there on Thursday. The Thursday she is referring to without her giving a date would be August 16, 2018. Kim also realized it was their mistake and she apologized in a very aggressive tone.

TO DATE: NO REFUND HAS BEEN CREDITED TO OUR CREDIT CARD. Circumstances not taken into consideration in these matters: I was scheduled to have breast cancer surgery on July 30, 2018. My husband and I were supposed to be celebrating our 25 year wedding anniversary on August 7, 2018. Due to a breast cancer diagnosis our Hawaii vacation from August 4 to August 9, 2018 had to be cancelled - This was to celebrate our 25 year wedding anniversary. My husband decided to give me a Silver Edition Plush Mattress to replace our 18 year old mattress as the 25 year anniversary is a Silver celebration and he wanted me not to be uncomfortable after surgery.

We thought the process of buying and receiving a mattress would be a simple process and it would be a quick process to receive a mattress. My first call to JC Penney’s customer service on July 29, 2018 was placed while I was in route to Massage Envy to receive a relaxing facial the day before cancer surgery - needless to say this call yielded a rude response that there was nothing that could be done and I had to wait until the FIRM mattress came in and send it back before I could get a mattress which defeated the purpose of buying a mattress in the first place.

Further, we were originally informed that the mattress would be delivered on August 7, 2018 which is the actual date of our 25 year anniversary however; we were not notified until August 8, 2018 that the mattress would be delivered on August 9, 2018. Given all of these issues with attempting to make a major purchase with JC Penney’s and being charged twice and having them collect twice for one product and having to deal with extreme attitudes just to get them to right their wrong I would not recommend anyone make a major purchase through JC Penney’s.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

DATE Called: 4 JUNE 2018. Calling to find out where my leaf is, they have to replace it again since it was damaged again when they put together the second table. The item(s) from your order: ** placed on May 02, 2018 has been shipped. Updated tracking information will be available within 24 hours on the carrier's website. Signature Design by Ashley® Larchmont Dining Table with Leaf. Product: LARCHMONT DINING TABLE WITH LEAF. Color: Dark Brown. Qty:1. Date Shipped: 05/23/2018.

Table was delivered and the same piece was broke on the leaf. The delivery guys took the leaf of the table back with them and said they would send a replacement for the leaf. I still have the table, just waiting on the leaf to be replaced. I called and talked to customer service and when she explained what she thought was the issue I told her no, that is not it. The girl hung up on me!!! I called right back and talked to: Lindsey, in Ohio so she puts me on hold to talk to the complaint department, time 7:30 pm. I hung up myself after calling back and being on hold for 10mins, and now I'm on hold again for the complaints department. It is taking forever, they must have a lot of people with issues...

06/04/2018 8:15pm-ish. After Robin called the service dept., she got no answer. Stated she would call me back on Tuesday afternoon (06/04/2018) after she calls the service dept again to find out where my leaf is and when it would be delivered. This is now the evening of 4 June 2018 9:09 pm and I have yet to get a call back from Robin.

Date: 7 June 2018, Time: 7:51 PM call time. ** Customer Service Dept: Banke transferred me to Asha, trying to figure out where my the leaf. 24-48 hrs, then 3-5 business days. Date: 11 June 2018, Time: 5:17 pm call time. POC: Keanua Put me on hold to take my order. 11 mins. After 11 mins on hold she comes back and states that I need to call the delivery people and she gives me their number, 703-964-9500 for me to have my table delivered. I had to explain AGAIN that I am only requesting that the leaf be replace because the last two was damaged. I am back on hold again so she can talk to her supervisor. (Time on the phone 17 mins, just waiting). She continues to say she is going to notate the account, and get it expedited to me overnight. The problem she says now is with installation area. I am on hold again waiting for her to transfer me to the installation dept. 25 mins.

But she is going to make sure it is expedited shipped to me overnight. ON HOLD AGAIN, 30mins on this call as of right now. (Milwaukee center transferring me), THEY JUST HUNG UP ON ME!!! Date of Call: 06-11-2018. Start/End Time of Call: 5:47 pm – 6:06. POC: Annette, Supervisor: review the order, transferring me to a furniture supervisor, I’m on hold ONCE AGAIN!!! Customer Care Service: Tiffany, NONE of these people act like they even care, their tone is so nonchalant, like OMG another customer that is complaining. ON HOLD AGAIN, it’s 5:59. Bill number: **

Date/Time: 19 June 2018 5:54 pm Breanna: Had to explain again my situation again, she is calling the Furniture Dept, she put me on hold. Transferred me to Bob in Furniture: ** Stated the leaf was re-ordered on the 11th June. WHERE IS IT??? BOB (Robert) Stated that it will take another 2-4 weeks to get this leaf.

JCPenney.com, please call Customer Care at 1-800-322-1189. Customer Service POC: Tammy: Transferred me to the Furniture dept again. POC: Breanna. Date: 29 June 2018. Time of Call: 6:26 pm. POC: Transferred again:

Supervisor: Shaun (male). Why can’t you call the Vendor and ask them where the leaf is. Put on hold, Shaun is looking for Robert to get his take on the location of the leaf. He keeps saying that the case was closed and has been reopened. Shaun stated that he would call the Vendor directly since he will not give me their number. He is going to call then call me back and let me know if he reached anyone, but also send them an email to find out the location of my leaf. He also said that he would be calling me back on Monday to talk to me. I said, "No. You will call the vendor now and then call me back." (I will be out of town and cannot be reached by cell phone or text.) Time of Call Ended: 6:46 pm.

Shaun called back and said 6:52 pm that Ashley is closed and will call and email me back on Monday. Customer Service: CSR ext: 215613. Mathew: transferring me to furniture dept. Tiffany: this person stated that I would have to be charged a restock fee. HELL NO. She transferred me to a supervisor. Date: 07-09-2018. Time of Call: 6:13 pm. Sandra (Supervisor): stated that she had to put in an RA (Return Authorization number). She stated that it would take 24-48 hrs to put in the RA. Pickup info: **, Ace.

I was called on 12 July to set up an appt for them to pick up my table. She stated they would be out on 13 July between 1-5 pm. I told her I will not be home until after 4 pm. Make up they put me last on the list. She said they will try. 13 July I received a call from the pickup people at 11:05 AM and they stated that they would be at my house in 30 mins. I told them NO, that I would not be home that they would have to come after 4 pm. They said I would have to be rescheduled. 16 July at 4:41 pm, I called the number from the Ace pickup/scheduling office, no answer. I left a message telling them they need to pick up this table. Any time after 4 pm all this week. No return call from them. TODAY 17 July at 3:55 pm, I called and they did not answer.

Contact Person: Liza, (a guy) IT transferred me to Nicole. I told Nicole the story. She is calling the pick up company to see when they can come and get the table AFTER 4 pm any time this week... On Hold as of 6:24 pm for 12mins. Jeffery from Non-stop: Hub: 703-964-9500 ext: **, Call center. Call the HUB if the pickup company has not called me by Noon. Customercare@nonstopdelivery.com. Pickup info: 405-464-7338, Ace Pick up service: 405-215-9471.

Shalamar: working 405-215-9471. Stated she would call me back when she can schedule me in after 4 pm, and she would not say this week. Just when she can get me after 4 pm. Jesse: gave me the number to Furniture pickup. 800-442-7902 Furniture Pickup dept. Montana: Had to reopen the ticket AGAIN! Talked to 13 People already, Escalation Department: Destiny is calling to see if they will pick up this table on the weekend. LONG hold 20 mins.

Denise: Date: 28 July 2018, 7:12 pm. Dana, Kansas -- Pickup service stated they would be here Saturday, 28 July between 2-6: 30 pm and that they would give me 30 min call ahead time before they show up at the house. It is now 7:09 pm and no one has called or come by the house to get this table!!! Called to talk to customer service and ask why these people have not called. POC: the wait time stated it would be 64 mins to wait to talk to a customer care associate. Hung up and called Ace Pick-Up Nonstop: 7:13 pm: NO ANSWER. Call JCP back and had someone pick up within 3 mins, she is calling the main hub to find out where the pickup people are, and or why they have not called me. So Freaking irritating.

Ticket #: ** 28 JULY 2018, 7:31 pm, in reference to the pickup people. She stated that someone from the support team will call me back with 2 business days, Tuesday, 31 July 2018. customercare@nonstopdelivery.com. Dana stated that she will call me back on Monday, to check the status of this account. She will be calling afternoon when she gets in. 30 August 2018, Dana called me Monday afternoon to ask if Ace called to set a pickup time. Yes they did call, stated that they would be out Wednesday, August 1, 2018 btw 4:30-8:30 pm.

1 August 3:50 pm, Ace pickup called and said they would be at the house in 15 mins. I said no I will not be there until around 4:30ish. They said ok. They came, picked up the table and left took them 10 mins. Because I already had the table apart and ready for pickup. POC: Shalamar said it would take 2-4 weeks to get my refund: I DONT THINK SO!!! I asked to speak to the escalation dept. She put me on hold. Time now is 4:52 pm -- Total Call Time = Hung Up and called back.

Call Time: 5:08 pm. Joe, Tiesah, Ashley. I was transferred by 3 different people to the escalation dept., and then to get transferred right back to customer service. JCP SUCKS!!! They put me on hold and left me, it has been 18 mins so far. And no one has even checked my call. Someone finally comes on. It has been 20 mins on hold, WOW!!!

Carmareta picks up from the escalation dept, then says let me put you on hold, WTH!!! Time is 5:30 pm, still on hold. A.J. said I would get my refund with 5-7 business days once the table was checked in at ACE Pickup Service. She is telling me that I need to call back tomorrow to make sure the table. I told her to have them call me back and give me the status of the refund, I am sick of calling them and being put on HOLD forever!!! 800-442-7902 Furniture Pickup dept.

WHERE IS MY REFUND??? 9 August 2018 4:58 pm POC: Michelle. Put me on hold again so she can contact Furniture. Chaneea, Ticket # **, stated that I would get the 3-5. I will not shop at JCP again, they have given me the runaround for months trying to get his table picked up and my refund. They asked me if I wanted to speak to someone at corporate and they have put me on hold again, and just transferred me to someone else in the furniture escalation dept. This company sucks, and once again they transferred me to someone else in the same dept. THEY DON’T GIVE A ** ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

The apparels are reasonably priced and they don't go cheap on materials, often look better than what is paid for. I can get a good flannel shirt from clearance for $5 and a dress shirt for $10, which still has better quality than some from competitors selling for twice the price. I have bought casual wear, watches, pants, dress shoes, and so on from there and I don't think I was disappointed once.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I inadvertently order the wrong product, when I contacted customer service I was told I did cancel in time and the order could not be cancel even though it had only been a short amount of time. The excuse the supervisor gave was they are required by law to allow cancellations for 30 minutes only and I would have to wait for the item to be delivered then return the items to a local JCPenney store. In researching that statement I found no law in California that allows that and in fact according to BBB it's 3 days. I believe everyone should be aware that shopping online with JC Penney is not a good idea.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Salesperson failed to disclose that return policy isn't the same as other departments when buying appliances. Stuck with $1000 oven that don't fit and has never been used and is still box. Filled a credit card application out to purchase and bought a warranty... Tried calling corp, local store I bought it from, company that made it, tried selling it on several sites online now 1/2 year later realizing no ones going to buy it even so I am stuck taking a loss. Salesperson didn't know when sale would end and we thought we would have time to return it if it didn't fit... I don't even know if it works since it's never been out of the box.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I bought clothes in the store and online -- not too many options for shopping where I live. JCP has not refunded the full money I paid for items that were returned. I have been working on this for 3 months. Friday I got a call from the store manager who was trying to figure it all out -- Called yesterday and today with no answer, called operator and learned manager was on vacation -- I'm all for vacations, but he could have told me he was unavailable this week. Also, I am simply asking for their record of the items I kept -- they sent me about 100 pages of all my transactions. Customer service needs a lot of training, as does management obviously. Instead of the list I requested they sent a list of all items purchased, with returns -- I can't understand the paperwork they sent me. No more purchases from JCPenney no matter how nice the clothes are.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Our local JCPenney is the ONLY department store in town. I would think that JCP would capitalize on this opportunity to meet the needs of the community. I continue to try and utilize our local store as much as possible but continue to be disappointed in the lack of organization and neatness. My husband went in to the store yesterday to find a pair of pants. He quit looking because things in the Men's department lacked total organization. Shirts were wrinkled, and unorganized, pants were not folded or in arranged in any appropriate sizing. It was so overcrowded it is almost understandable that it was in such disarray... but definitely not acceptable.

It is my hopes that the Woodland store will step up its commitment to the community and stock and arrange the store to meet customer needs. It wasn't too long ago that the air conditioning did not work and it took a VERY long time for that to be fixed (I realize that is the responsibility of the building owner) but I would think that since JCP is an anchor store they would be able to exercise enough clout to get it done in a timely manner. It was miserable for shoppers and unbearable for employees. Everyone had a fan at the checkout stands but the rest of the store was too warm to shop in let alone try on clothes. It is my hopes that JCP will step up the image and content of the store to meet the needs of community with limited shopping experiences.

Original review: July 28, 2018

So I get a gift card for Sephora, go to Sephora at my local mall, all to be told that I have to use the gift card at a JCPenney Sephora because that's where the gift card was purchased. So I guess JC Penney is getting a kickback for the Sephora products they sell. Okay. Great. After I finished being pissed off about that I then went to JCPenney's website. Ordered the exact same product that I wanted. It told me that I was eligible for free shipping due to the amount I spent. It told me my total, I entered my gift card information. Had an additional $5 and some change to pay out of pocket. Entered my debit card number. Submitted it and then it pops up and tells me that I need to pay $8.95 of shipping although it has a blue Banner running across that says I qualify for free shipping.

When I chat with some person online who I don't even know if they're even real or not they tell me that it's because it was not available to be shipped to my house for free but to the store. I said, "Great. I don't mind. I don't live far from the store." But it didn't give me the option to change it to ship to store. Long story short they're LIARS. I gave up and now I'm really pissed. I will never shop at JCPenney again and Sephora ought to be ashamed of themselves for not accepting the gift cards that are bought at JCPenney with their brand name on it. By the way the gift card was given to me for my birthday and if I would have had a gift card from Sephora that wasn't from JCPenney I could have got what I wanted plus a free birthday gift and three free sample gifts due to how much I ordered but that went down the drain because it was a JCPenney Sephora card. So now on to Sephora for a bad rating.

Original review: July 26, 2018

So I called the Hair Salon in Northridge, Ca, and asked for a haircut: 22$. I mentioned is for my daughter and she desires a bob: ”oh no, bob cut requires a blow dry.“ “Why? Is hot, 107 degrees... We hot want a summer cut“. “No you cannot have it without a blow dry“! How is this any mode of conducting business? Is only what they want not what they advertise. The salon supervisor was rude, muddy and with an attitude. She's supposed to represent the face of their business and with this attitude...

Don’t be fooled by “designer stylist“. I saw them: weird looking fellows with tattoos, face rings, wearing boots I cleaned (mud present). Is like an Adams Family in reverse (even The lady of the House, in the movie, was more polished and proper.) I’m saying people, very improper for a business of the “mall level“. To wrap it up, I asked about the coupon offered of 20 percent off: “No, a bob haircut won’t cover it!” How is that? Is a haircut nonetheless!!!! So see...

Original review: July 26, 2018

We bought it (microwave) from JCPenney and bought with it a full warranty that guarantees its replacement! In less than a year it went by all wrong, way too noisy, operates on its own, and peeps on its own. They refused to replace it, even though they replaced the whole door, the whole motor, and processor. It took over two months, and three work visits in our house, and still not done. Total waste of our time! I will never buy from JCPenney anything!

JCPenney Company Information