1.27/5
Based on 124 reviews that contain star ratings

148 Gucci Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 28, 2019

Alright so I recently ordered an engraved Cuban link bracelet from Gucci's official online store and they completely messed up my order the first time. FedEx got the package to me in time with 2nd Day Air, but instead of a bracelet, I got a cheap sterling silver ring - not what I ordered. At first I was only a little bit disappointed; I mean ** happens, mistakes can sometimes happen (although you'd think when you're paying over $400 bucks for t-shirts, and whatnot, you wouldn't run into errors like this...) Anyways, got a hold of customer service, sent the ring back, the process went smoothly and the service rep kept me updated.

Now here's the thing that bothered me: First of all, when FedEx shipped me my bracelet, they chose ground shipping. I paid 2nd day air for the first order they screwed up, so they should've either refunded me or shipped the correct order with the shipping option I had originally chosen. In fact I emailed them about this discrepancy, but they chose to ignore me. Second, they put down the wrong address for the correct order. So all in all, it seems Gucci's online store is a **; they get one thing right, but then screw up again in another area.

Original review: March 27, 2019

The Gucci sandals with the open toe... are so hurtful. They cost $600 and they don’t even fit well. What a waste of money and time. I would think that Gucci products would be wonderful. It’s not so wonderful and overpriced. I’m not happy with my sandals and now I’m forced to wear them.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I brought an iPhone 7 Plus Case that cost me well over $200 and less than six months of purchase it stretched so much that it does not fit the phone anymore. BEWARE OF GUCCI iPhone CASES. There are not made well, you are paying for the large letters to sell to sell the case for the company. If someone would like it and go buy it Basically you are advertising their merchandise. Gucci does not stand behind the cases and how they don't hold up. They are made very poorly. Never buy a iPhone case just cause it has Gucci name on it, you will be disappointed in the long run. They are not worth the money you spend on it. You can spend much less and the quality is ten times better if you buy thru APPLE and they stand behind all their products fully.

Gucci is a Name but their QUALITY is worthless. Quality is first when you are spending lots of money on something that you want to last. The case is falling apart. The workmanship is POOR POOR POOR. I would never buy from Gucci ever again, too many other places I can shop and be very happy with what I brought. BELIEVE ME I KNOW QUALITY IN MOSTLY EVERYTHING. People do your research and know what you are buying before you purchase expensive merchandise just for a NAME. It sure will piss you off later. Big waste of money for a name.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have probably purchased a minimum of $10,000 in shoes from the Gucci store in King of Prussia mall. I have about 4 of the same loafers in different colors and a new pair I bought after 2 wears developed a permanent crease in one of them. The crease pushes into your toe and you can't wear them. Brought back to the store and they said they would send them out for repair or a new pair. After a few weeks got an email to come pick them up and they would do nothing. After I told them they had only been worn twice and the other pairs were fine (and I have purchased everything from this store), they basically said, "Too bad. Come get the shoes."

Original review: March 3, 2019

My husband purchased the flora butterfly ring less than two months ago for an anniversary present. I loved it and wore it for a week when one of the diamond butterfly wings fell off. We brought the ring back to the NYC flagship store on 5th Avenue and were very disappointed that instead of replacing the ring they are sending it out to the repair department in New Jersey to be assessed. This ring was clearly defective and now we have to wait to hear from them. This is not good customer service and Gucci obviously does not stand behind their jewelry products. We are very disappointed and do not recommend purchasing their jewelry. Buyer beware!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gucci?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased a belt a little over a year ago. I found that the belt was becoming very scuffed with the coloring coming off even though I was very careful with the item and always stored it in the bag. I returned to the store to repair and was told very rudely that it was my fault and the belt would cost $150.00 to fix. 2 months later, no sign of the belt and the staff don't care. Apparently waiting on a buckle to come over from Italy. My Kmart belt I purchased 10 years ago is in a better state than this 650.00 belt. I will NEVER buy anything from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I purchased a belt for my daughter as a Christmas present. It was delivered November 26--just a few days after I purchased it online. I used the Gucci "size chart" when ordering the belt, since Gucci sizes their belts using metric measurements. When Christmas day came, my daughter loved the belt but it was the wrong size. I called Gucci a couple of days after Christmas and was told that I could NOT RETURN the belt because it was past their ironclad 30-day return policy.

When I pointed out that this was a CHRISTMAS GIFT--and therefore my daughter could not ascertain whether it fit until she opened it on Christmas day--all I got was a "that's our policy" reply. ZERO awareness of customer service. They truly and simply DO NOT CARE about CUSTOMERS. For a brand with "luxury" status, I am beyond shocked. Literally Target or some other discount store would have better customer service and some flexibility for Christmas presents such as this. I will NEVER purchase Gucci again. EVER.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I received a Gucci belt for Christmas in the 80 size and I need the 95. The person who ordered it for me got it in October due to Gucci's lack of inventory. Called to exchange and the lady basically said tough and you have to buy another 450 dollar belt and gift the one you have to someone else because we will not exchange or refund you. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. They have no holiday return policy. Keep in mind this belt is still in its foam cover and box. Don't purchase anything from Gucci online. Plus the hold song is absolutely MIND NUMBING.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I called the store and asked for the manager’s name and contact information and the person/operator said they do not provide this information. I told them I had to send an email to the manager to explain a situation that happened at the store but instead they asked me for my information and said someone will call me back. I emailed the corporate office in Italy to tell them about the insulting and discriminating act done to my mother-in-law when she purchased a bag last week at the NYC 725 Fifth Ave flagship store.

My mother-in-law purchased the Ophidia GG Medium bag on Wednesday October 10th, 2018 and paid for the bag in cash. The salesperson (Edna **) never asked for my mother-in-law's name. She didn’t even registered her information on the computer instead, she issued the receipt with a fake/made-up name. This is highly insulting and proves there is discrimination among Chinese/Asian buyers. My mother-in-law's name is not ** Fun Yu as it's stated on the receipt. The salesperson just created a name based on my mother-in-law's race. It seems this is how the staff treats Asian buyers. That is an INSULT and a form of DISCRIMINATION!

If for any reason my mother-in-law has to go to the store regarding her purchase, the receipt does not prove she made the purchase as the name is phony. The salesperson never took my mother-in-law's name or saw her name anywhere as she paid in cash but she has the audacity to put this name on her receipt because she assumed it’s an Asian name. This is rude and insulting. My mother-in-law and our family is very upset as this is an insult to the Asian culture! I haven't received a response from the corporate office yet but in my email to them, I requested a response as we are speaking with our attorney. It would have been best to discuss the matter with the manager but I see there seems to be a secret and based on the complaints from other customers, this is their optimal service. This is certainly not the way to treat a customer especially when selling luxury goods.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I ask a friend to buy me a small red Gucci Dionysus from Airport Heathrow T3 on 26-8-2018 at 19:07:26 with Salesperson (** Amani). Within 14 days (1 days used), now 10-9-2018 I send in the bag for repairing in Thailand. The metal closure of the opening is super hard to close and there is a scratching sound when I press on the opening button. So embarrassing to use with people around and ashame of the quality. I need a huge force to bang on the bag to close it which is not preferable to do with expensive bag. Now is waiting for the answer of the repairing center in Europe. Hope they have a reasonable solution for me.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased the shoes on February 24, 2018, and about 1 month ago, the back-top part (red and blue scales) started to peel. They started to peel and I had them for less than six months. I went to the store and they sent it to a specialist but they said they could not do anything about it. These were about $620 including tax, and for them to start peeling when I used them less than ten times and took really good care of them makes them not worth it. When I went to see what they could do about the peeling, they told me that that part of the shoe is super delicate. If I knew they were this delicate, I wouldn't have purchased them. These are expensive shoes and for them to peel so easily makes them not worth it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased a Gucci belt from Gucci online. When I fastened the belt the end of the belt would not fit under the metal to stow it away. I was completely confused! And thought to myself I’m doing something wrong. I sat the belt aside and I forgot about it. I noticed a friend with the same belt and asked if she had any problems with the belt, she did not. I went to Gucci store, they wrote it up and said they would get back to me. They did with about $130 price to fix. I have several items from Gucci but I’m very hesitant to spend another dime there. Sad to say but Walmart has a better policy! SHAME ON GUCCI! I will try to fix the belt myself with a hammer and a vise! SMH.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Disappointed of the product, I’ve given proper care to my bag and within a short 3 years+. There is a product malfunction. No alternative given. And I was seldom use for it. It has made me considered once again if I will repurchase your product in the future.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I bought a pair of espadrilles on the 7th March. Worn them once on holiday in a hotel. When putting them away and inspecting them I notice 7 things wrong with them. Took them back within 28 days. I did not look before wearing as the price of £355 I thought no need. Taking them back to the Gucci shop in Glasgow I was met with, "They are a raw finish." Funny does not say that on website!!

Everything Gucci makes is a raw finish apparently is to cover them when something goes wrong. So the sales assistant went over the shoe with me and covered my points of concern on the shoe. Glue marks gapping in the twine and several bit of the twine sticking out. 7 things I was not happy with they got sent away the pictures not the shoes? To come back and say this was my doing 1 wear. Goodness know what 21 wears would look like. NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE. Absolutely lost faith in the product. Will never buy from Gucci again. Now going to take a case out with my credit card company.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I purchased a belt from the Gucci store last summer for $350. I put it away for the winter, when I took it out a few weeks ago, the belt was warped. I called Gucci and they informed me that I can send it their repair shop which I did. They sent it back worse than before stating that the belt was unrepairable.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I bought a pair of shoes of almost 1500 US. They order them from the store to be delivered into my house. Almost a month passed! And they didn't arrived. When I call to check. No one answer. I call to customer service and they could not do anything because the Gucci store had to help me. I called for days and never answer. When I finally talked to them they told me sorry whatever and that they were resending the shoes which never arrived again. Againnn I keep on calling and same story. No one answer. After almost more than a month of buying I got to speak with a manager who told me I had to wait. They had a mistake and then they call me back. I had to wait more! So I got pissed and finally she sent me the shoes again. And I got them. But horrible time, they were expensive and they treat you as nothing matter. I had to pursuit them instead of them trying to give me a good customer service.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Placed an order for a ring on 27th Dec 17, nothing arrived. Complained to customer services several times, no one replied. Rang customer services, the number cut off. Complained of Facebook, and they marked me as spam. No customer services. Avoid this ** organization. Today is 11th Feb 18.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

After buying a new pair of Gucci Ace Tiger leather sneakers at the Gucci store in Geneva, Switzerland within 5 days (my son wore them twice by the way) the red and green snake skin broke off the back of both of the shoes simply by the fact that the jeans sat on them. Gucci staff assured me this was absolutely normal (that they looked like crap Chinese rip-off's within a week) and that this style was indeed more sensitive than the other styles. They also suggested that it was simply his fault. After I insisted that he did not chew on them and that they investigate further, they agreed to send the shoes to Italy. 3 weeks later the verdict: It's normal wear and tear (I had no further comment to that).

This new style is badly designed and far too sensitive to sell to unsuspecting clients who are expecting an exceptional quality product. Buyer beware - simply do not buy. You would be better off with a standard leather well known sports shoe instead of an overpriced pair of cheaply made Gucci sneakers at 590 Swiss Francs (632 USD). A very disappointed son and extremely angry customer!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I bought a belt from the Gucci online website in August and the belt came fast although it didn't fit and I decided I wanted a refund not an exchange. On the invoice I clearly stated refund yet another belt came! I then took it into the Gucci store in November and they said they could return it on my behalf and would take up to 3 weeks. It is now the end of January and I still haven't received my money back after trying to phone plenty of times with no answer, no replies to my email. I went into the store again and they said they will try speed up the process but still no money received!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I've ordered an eyewear on Gucci.com and I had payment by wire transfer to Gucci bank account. And it doesn't send my eyewear. I tried to call but nobody answer me, on that telephone number that they show on their website. I've send several emails but with no reply... For 3 weeks. My money were charged from my account, but I have nothing. Not even an email... So bad customer services, GUCCI. I don't know what to do to get my money back or my eyewear. I don't know where to talk.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Purse color of choice was not on display. They took it out from inside. I liked the color so I purchased the purse thinking that I bought a real or original Gucci purse because I'm in a Gucci store. When I checked the purse no Gucci brand inside and it doesn't even have anything in the purse that tells me it's a Gucci. So I'm not sure if I purchased an original Gucci. I'm planning to return it but they said no return only exchange. I'm not comfortable exchanging the product for anything else because I don't think they are selling original Gucci. I am demanding for a refund but they wouldn't let me do it. I'm writing this review to seek assistance from the consumer affair to get a refund. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I purchase the sneakers from 5th Ave Flagship Store and was given the wrong size. I didn't know until I got home so I called the store back to let them know that I was given the wrong size. So the right size was put on hold for me and we agreed that I would come the next morning to pick it up so when I came the next morning to pick up my sneakers they told me they couldn't find it so then the associate checked the system and he saw that another associate sold my sneakers that were on hold so I spoke to a manager. They tried to get me to buy the shoes online knowing I was going on vacation the next week. They told me it would get to me in time. I said no I want them to get it from another store and I'll pick it up, they put the order in to another store to have them ship it and they said they would contact me, nobody contacted me within 4 days so I called the store.

I even text the manager because she gave me her number and said to contact her. She didn't answer her text so I continue to call the store. Nobody knew what was going on. I was on hold for 20 minutes. The phone disconnected so I called back and the original associate that was helping me with the sneakers and sold me the wrong size and the manager that try to fix the problem told me the sneakers never came from the other store because they never sent it so I just asked for a refund so now I'm waiting for my refund but I went to the other Gucci store in Macy's Herald Square and they couldn't find the shoes.

This associate also brought out a size 10 box but when he looked inside it was the size 10.5 that I needed so I tried it on. I wanted to make sure it was the right size, it was so I bought it and when I got home and took the shoes out of the box there were a lot of creases on both shoes and more and the shoe that I didn't try on and I looked at the bottom of the sole of the shoe and it was clearly dirty and look like somebody cleaned it off so at that point I figured those shoes were worn most likely returned and another hint was that it was in the wrong box so I was sold a pair of used shoes for $630. I will be returning these when I get back.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Has anyone had any issues with the Gucci Ace sneaker with the Ayers foxing snakeskin at the heel area peeling away? My son is on his second pair. The first pair Gucci replaced as they say on a "GOODWILL" gesture as the shoes had only been worn for a few hours and this happened. The second pair had only again been worn for a few hours on a flight from Glasgow to Italy. My son had a pair of shorts on to travel so the shoes did not come into contact with jeans or trousers! Gucci sent the shoes for inspection and are saying they won't exchange the shoes as the material has been accidentally scratched and the material being fragile leather! They have told me that the material will curl up and isn't durable to heat or flex!! Both of which will happen with shoes worn on feet! I think the material isn't fit for purpose but Gucci say different. Has anyone had problems with this snakeskin like finish on these sneakers? Cheers.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I've ordered a pair of slippers on Gucci.com with half size bigger than my regular size, as they recommend on their website, but when I received them I realized that I'll need a size bigger, not a half one. So I've returned my package to exchange the size. After 2 weeks, I didn't receive any notification from them, about that they received the package, even if it was successfully delivered as the UPS confirmed, something... A sign. I tried to call but nobody answer me, on that telephone number that they show on their website, I've send several emails but with no reply... For 2 weeks. My money were charged from my credit card, but I have nothing. Not even an email... So bad customer services, GUCCI. I don't know what to do to get my money back or my slippers with the right size. I don't know where to talk.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Purchased a pair of sneakers. They were missing a piece on the laces the two metal GG signs. We called customer service immediately and return the sneakers via FedEx. They received the sneakers a few days later and promised a refund in 7 to 10 days. Call back on the 11th business day and they continue to play games. I asked to speak to a manager several times. Was placed on hold for more than 20 minutes Then the phone disconnected. Called back and was told no manager will be available until late.

I can't believe a company As large as Gucci would only have one person to process refunds as manager. I then called back on the 12th. This is the talk with the manager and they stated at the refund we be processed on that day and I would have to wait another three business days to see the refund On my Credit card. As of today still no refund apply to the credit card. Still waiting. I have spent a lot of money with this company Gucci in past years but I will never ever again purchase anything Gucci.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have never written a negative review before but this situation demanded that I warn others. I ordered shoes, they sent me a belt. I called them and after speaking to three different people, I received a return label. The next morning I drove 25 minutes to return the item at FedEx because they said they could not arrange for it to be picked up at my house. They said the shoes would come in 3-5 business days. I called the next morning after not receiving a tracking number and they said that they couldn't even process the order until they received the belt. AFTER they received the belt, it would take 3-5 business days just to process the order. AND then they said they could not expedite shipping.

When speaking to the manager I repeatedly stated that she should not be apologizing for sending me the wrong item, but should be apologizing because they did NOTHING to rectify the situation. The manager seemed like she was just reading off a script. I canceled the order and AGAIN the refund can't even be processed until they get the belt. After that it will still take several days. They are punishing me basically for getting the belt - they have to wait until they get the belt to see what? That I didn't destroy it? I will never shop with them again. I have never had such poor customer service.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I purchased Gucci Bloom slides in April 2017 for a trip, 3 months later they are peeling on both shoes on the side, how is this possible for a pair of $280 slides??? I looked here first and seen similar issues. I will contact Gucci tomorrow.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I placed an order with Gucci.com in July 20, 2017, and it was canceled without any notification. I called for the reason of cancellation and was told by a customer service supervisor because they cannot verify I made the purchase as billing address is correct and credit card company has approved the transaction. And a more detail reason was that the email address I provided did not contain my first name and last name.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I purchased a Gucci gg belt from House of Fraser in Glasgow. After wearing the belt for 3 hours I noticed marks on the belt. I phoned straight away to House of Fraser and explained the situation. I was advised to take it back to them which I did on a 2 hour round trip. I was advised it would have to be sent away for analysis which could take 6 to 8 weeks. After 2 I received a call to say it had been determined it was my own doing even though I had not been out the house with it on. I was also told if I wanted to pay another £80 on top of the £230 I had already paid they would replace it. I refused and asked to speak to a manager who said because of the short time I had it as a gesture of goodwill she would replace it.

Another 2 hour round trip later I got my replacement. Wore it today and I have literally watched the marks appearing before my eyes but as I was advised if it happened again I would not get another belt. I am now stuck with a defective belt that I have worn for a total of 4 hours this time. I will not purchase another item from Gucci and would not recommend to anyone else either.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I Have a few pairs of slides so this was a horrible shock to my father's day... I purchased a pair to have them in time for father's day. I received them and they look worn!! Are you kidding me? Since they have an animal on it should I assume it has dirt on it to make it more realistic? Looks more like they been used to walk through a construction site. Even if I wanted to overlook this they didn't even get the size right either. I still have them packaged and all but of course seeing the horrible customer service Gucci has they'll chalk it up to it being "worn". Let's see how I can get this handled because clearly they have made a mockery of me.

Gucci Company Information