3.52/5

150 Gucci Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 14, 2019

I bought a Gucci Sukey bag in 2015. Within the first few months, it began to fray and part of the piping popped through from inside. When I returned it to the store, they sent it off to Italy. The girl in the store told me they would probably fix it as she could see it was not due to ‘old age’ as the rest of the bag was in good condition. I received an email a few weeks later to say they would repair the piping free of charge but I would have to pay for the frayed material to be repaired/replaced. They could either put a patch of material over the frayed area (which I definitely did not want) or they could replace the whole material section which was going to cost me more than I paid for the bag itself! When I asked why the piping would be repaired free of charge, they told me it was because it was faulty, but surely if it was faulty it means the whole product is faulty. They were not sympathetic or understanding at all.

When they returned the bag, I put it away in its dust bag & box as I was afraid I would make it worse by using it (pretty pointless having bought it in the first place!). However, I took it out recently and notice more piping was starting to pop through from the external corners. I returned it again, they sent it off then emailed to say that they thought it was general wear and tear as I’ve now had the bag for a few years! Unbelievable! I’m so annoyed. I feel if I was someone with some sort of status that they would have sorted it all straight away, free of charge to avoid bad publicity but as I’m just an average person who saved hard to treat myself, they did not care. I have also discovered since that the damage to the Sukey bags seem to be a common problem, convincing me it’s a design flaw!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I recently ordered a two sided Gucci belt for my boyfriend's birthday. I was planning to give him his present in Cabo. Not only Gucci sent me the wrong item, but their Manager at the customer Service department was really really rude to me after he found out what has happened. No matter how many times I tried to stress that I needed the belt on an exact date 'cause I am leaving for a trip he did not get it, and kept repeating that he had other customers on the other lines that he needed to take care of and all he could do is to give me expedited shipping that still did not guarantee I would receive my item on time.

He didn't even try to make me happy for the mistake that the company had done, he even made me more angry by just repeating himself over and over again. I have had better experiences in low class retail stores than Gucci. I will never ever purchase anything from them in the future and I recommend no one else does either. If I am paying this amount of money for belt I rather take my business elsewhere that they respect and value their customers to return.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Alright so I recently ordered an engraved Cuban link bracelet from Gucci's official online store and they completely messed up my order the first time. FedEx got the package to me in time with 2nd Day Air, but instead of a bracelet, I got a cheap sterling silver ring - not what I ordered. At first I was only a little bit disappointed; I mean ** happens, mistakes can sometimes happen (although you'd think when you're paying over $400 bucks for t-shirts, and whatnot, you wouldn't run into errors like this...) Anyways, got a hold of customer service, sent the ring back, the process went smoothly and the service rep kept me updated.

Now here's the thing that bothered me: First of all, when FedEx shipped me my bracelet, they chose ground shipping. I paid 2nd day air for the first order they screwed up, so they should've either refunded me or shipped the correct order with the shipping option I had originally chosen. In fact I emailed them about this discrepancy, but they chose to ignore me. Second, they put down the wrong address for the correct order. So all in all, it seems Gucci's online store is a **; they get one thing right, but then screw up again in another area.

Original review: March 27, 2019

The Gucci sandals with the open toe... are so hurtful. They cost $600 and they don’t even fit well. What a waste of money and time. I would think that Gucci products would be wonderful. It’s not so wonderful and overpriced. I’m not happy with my sandals and now I’m forced to wear them.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I brought an iPhone 7 Plus Case that cost me well over $200 and less than six months of purchase it stretched so much that it does not fit the phone anymore. BEWARE OF GUCCI iPhone CASES. There are not made well, you are paying for the large letters to sell to sell the case for the company. If someone would like it and go buy it Basically you are advertising their merchandise. Gucci does not stand behind the cases and how they don't hold up. They are made very poorly. Never buy a iPhone case just cause it has Gucci name on it, you will be disappointed in the long run. They are not worth the money you spend on it. You can spend much less and the quality is ten times better if you buy thru APPLE and they stand behind all their products fully.

Gucci is a Name but their QUALITY is worthless. Quality is first when you are spending lots of money on something that you want to last. The case is falling apart. The workmanship is POOR POOR POOR. I would never buy from Gucci ever again, too many other places I can shop and be very happy with what I brought. BELIEVE ME I KNOW QUALITY IN MOSTLY EVERYTHING. People do your research and know what you are buying before you purchase expensive merchandise just for a NAME. It sure will piss you off later. Big waste of money for a name.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gucci?

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have probably purchased a minimum of $10,000 in shoes from the Gucci store in King of Prussia mall. I have about 4 of the same loafers in different colors and a new pair I bought after 2 wears developed a permanent crease in one of them. The crease pushes into your toe and you can't wear them. Brought back to the store and they said they would send them out for repair or a new pair. After a few weeks got an email to come pick them up and they would do nothing. After I told them they had only been worn twice and the other pairs were fine (and I have purchased everything from this store), they basically said, "Too bad. Come get the shoes."

Original review: March 3, 2019

My husband purchased the flora butterfly ring less than two months ago for an anniversary present. I loved it and wore it for a week when one of the diamond butterfly wings fell off. We brought the ring back to the NYC flagship store on 5th Avenue and were very disappointed that instead of replacing the ring they are sending it out to the repair department in New Jersey to be assessed. This ring was clearly defective and now we have to wait to hear from them. This is not good customer service and Gucci obviously does not stand behind their jewelry products. We are very disappointed and do not recommend purchasing their jewelry. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased a belt a little over a year ago. I found that the belt was becoming very scuffed with the coloring coming off even though I was very careful with the item and always stored it in the bag. I returned to the store to repair and was told very rudely that it was my fault and the belt would cost $150.00 to fix. 2 months later, no sign of the belt and the staff don't care. Apparently waiting on a buckle to come over from Italy. My Kmart belt I purchased 10 years ago is in a better state than this 650.00 belt. I will NEVER buy anything from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I purchased a belt for my daughter as a Christmas present. It was delivered November 26--just a few days after I purchased it online. I used the Gucci "size chart" when ordering the belt, since Gucci sizes their belts using metric measurements. When Christmas day came, my daughter loved the belt but it was the wrong size. I called Gucci a couple of days after Christmas and was told that I could NOT RETURN the belt because it was past their ironclad 30-day return policy.

When I pointed out that this was a CHRISTMAS GIFT--and therefore my daughter could not ascertain whether it fit until she opened it on Christmas day--all I got was a "that's our policy" reply. ZERO awareness of customer service. They truly and simply DO NOT CARE about CUSTOMERS. For a brand with "luxury" status, I am beyond shocked. Literally Target or some other discount store would have better customer service and some flexibility for Christmas presents such as this. I will NEVER purchase Gucci again. EVER.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I received a Gucci belt for Christmas in the 80 size and I need the 95. The person who ordered it for me got it in October due to Gucci's lack of inventory. Called to exchange and the lady basically said tough and you have to buy another 450 dollar belt and gift the one you have to someone else because we will not exchange or refund you. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. They have no holiday return policy. Keep in mind this belt is still in its foam cover and box. Don't purchase anything from Gucci online. Plus the hold song is absolutely MIND NUMBING.

Gucci Company Information