1.23/5
  • 1 star
Based on 64 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

578 Goodwill Store Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

My friend and I went to the store located in Russellville Arkansas on Friday. As we were shopping I continued to notice this employee was obsessed so bad with standing over her and I that it was beginning to upset me badly. We were doing nothing wrong and hadn’t done anything wrong. She had became so into this that she is now holding onto my buggy and staring at me. Asking me if I am done yet. I tell her no as I was on the phone with my mom asking her about some of the items I had in my buggy before paying for them to see if I had got what she was wanting. As she tells me what she wanted and didn’t want I start to put back items on the racks where they were and she starts yelling through the store to another employee that is at the cash register that I'm putting some items back and then my friend was in front of me.

Next thing this employee does is grabs my friend's purse up out of the cart and starts going thru her purse. Now by this time I had enough so I told her off that is not the way an employee is to work. That was truly harrassment and then on my friend's purse that’s theft right there because she was not given any permission to get my friend's purse and in the end she seen we had nothing we were not supposed to. We have never stolen anything and did not like the treatment this employee pulled on us. If that is their way of security then I see in their near future their employees are going to get seriously hurt and the sad part of it all is that this is items donated to them not anything they’ve paid for. I will never go back into their store again and will tell everyone I know to stay far away from it because no one should ever be treated like that. It was truly evt and it made me very upset.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I just left the local Goodwill after getting into an argument with the assistant manager because I was charged incorrectly. The children's books I purchased were marked $.49 with a yellow tag. Yellow tags are half off today. The cashier did not give me half off the $.49 books. I realized and went back in the store to ask about it. She claimed the store policy is half off all items EXCEPT those marked $.49. I asked to speak to a manager since this "policy" was not listed anywhere and when I was there last week I received the discount on my $.49 books.

Long story short - the assistant manager kept saying the books were tagged wrong by the "special people" who work there. Claimed the books never should have been priced that low. Fought me over the $1.15 difference for ten minutes. Continued to blame everyone else. Said she couldn't do a refund but very easily completed it after I argued with her. One of the rudest people I have ever dealt with in a management position.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Visited this Goodwill on 12/2 and was charged $9.99 for “*open red ladies clothing”. It was a white Lacey tank top from Maurices. I should’ve checked my receipt, there’s no way I would’ve been ok with this. Then to top it off, when I was asked to round up my change to “benefit” their CEO... I mean their “veterans shelters” (of which no employee can tell me where a single one of these establishments exist) I said, “NO”. Reviewing my bill; I was charged a round up donation anyways!!! I’m returning my ripped tank tomorrow and every item I purchased. I’m pissed!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Recently visited Goodwill and found out they are putting all the jewelry online from all the stores. It should be for the community since we made them become what they are today with almost 80 stores now. How greedy is that!? Who knows what they're gonna do next. I will throw my stuff in the trash before giving them any more stuff or find a local thrift shop to drop off instead. Not a smart move Goodwill!! You get stuff for free SMH. No more for you guys and hope everyone follows suit.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Went to Goodwill on 7th St and Union Hills and grabbed a few items, when paying the total the lady saw that I had large bills and asked another lady “can’t we get more for that?” And said go ask them to change this price. The item was the shell to a Disney car ($5 brand new at family dollar). It was marked at $2.99, they come out about 15 minutes later and they have the price changed to $12.99. The manager comes out (short little thug looking little guy with huge gauges in his ears. Said his name was **). I asked him why he changed the price and he said they reserve the right to change prices when checking out...

I think that’s called bait and switch. I told him I was going to complain but he said he’s the store manager and it won’t go anywhere but back to him as he was laughing. I donated $150 to this same store the week before Thanksgiving, and several game systems prior to that, and flat screen TVs etc. I’m not hurting for money but I won’t be extorted by some little unprofessional thug.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have done business with GW online. Individuals bid on items that they want to purchase. I have won bids on items that were dirty, stained and broken and there is a no return policy. When I gave them a bad review and shared my experiences, I was blocked from future bidding, how childish. I recently visited the local GW and noticed that most of the used items were priced similarly to new items on eBay and Amazon. What a rip off. I will never purchase or contribute to GW again, I will take my items to the landfill before I donate them to GW... GOODWILL IS A RIP-OFF.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I have been shopping the Goodwill Online store for about 2 years now. I used to go to the stores in my area but have cut back on that for shopping online. Both, the online store and local stores, except for a raise in prices that seems excessive, both have delivered excellent customer service. I have received all my shipments when expected and except for a few all have been wrapped carefully and arrive in excellent condition. The few that have either been not what I expected or damaged, I have received a full refund. I have gotten to know many of the employees in my local stores and they are very hard workers and very nice. I would like to see some lower prices and I wish the online store would get rid of the reserve, but otherwise I think they are doing a great job!! Overall very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The company Goodwill is a very deceiving and misleading company and must be stopped. I intend to start a campaign against them. There's nothing goodwill about Goodwill except the name. They generate millions in profits and have gone online, on eBay, and on Amazon. What a wonderful business idea. Get items at ZERO cost and make profit 100% of the time while continuously raising prices. Let's make it clear, if the claim is that Goodwill helps people then it's FALSE. It helps itself. Goodwill supposedly hires less privileged people but so do Safeway and Walmart and Target and many others.

It's so disappointing that the government has done nothing to stop this rip-off. They have stores and lots and both are ridiculously expensive. They used to charge less than half of what they do now for clothing at the Lot which they charge by the pound. Now they increased it again. Who shops at Goodwill? Many Americans but also the poor and not-so-privileged. But they are directly harming these people and stealing their money.

Ordinary Americans think that by giving to Goodwill they are doing something good and helping others but they DON'T. What you give to Goodwill does not go to the needy. It gets sold at super high prices to the needy! Yup. The profits go in the pockets of the owner. They have a super large fleet of trucks just to haul the stuff people "donate" and move it around to generate the highest possible revenue off of it. It's time to put an end to this scheme under the guise of "not for profit" organization. We purchased things from them that we later found were either the same cost as a retail store or, in some instances, higher than the retail store's sale price.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I took my 8 week old (less than 2 lbs) Teacup Chihuahua in the store and was told by the manager that he could not be in the store. I understand big dogs can be a problem but when you have a mini dog in your purse people should use common sense. The dog cannot yet be left alone due to nervous issues. I shop at Goodwill one to 5 times a week and I believe this pet would not be a problem to others.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

10/12/17 went to Goodwill Courtland mall Flint MI. About 7:30 started up front to check out. While waiting for line to go down starting looking at clothing. I saw someone following me, first down one row of clothes and up another she would stop. It looked like was hanging something up. She. stayed one aisle behind me until I stopped to look at something then she was in the same aisle. I told her to stop following me. It was creeping me out. She said I was trashing her store. I told her I didn't know what she was talking about, and the store wasn't that great to start with.

I walked away from her to return a dvd I was going to buy and walked the long way around to the front of the store, she stopped me and said I had to check out and leave. I told her it wasn't 8:00 yet. She said she was going to call the security guard on me. I told her please do. I wanted to make a harassment charge against her and get something in writing. She didn't call the security guard but went to the door waiting for me. My husband asked me what was going on. I told him I didn't know why she was following me, I hadn't done anything. She moved away from the door and we left. My husband told me she was the manager, her name is Misty. She was rude overzealous and shouldn't be in a management roll! -0 rate.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We stopped shopping at the Goodwill in the Appleton, WI. Area. The prices are overpriced. We bought a train and train tracks from there once for our son for 10.00. Got it home and it was missing pc and broken. Looked at Halloween stuff. There was costume that had original price tag for 10.00 and it was priced for 9.00. Are you kidding me?? Never will we shop at Goodwill ever again. Greedy.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I checked the Goodwill website before going through all the extra boxes we had put in storage since our cross-country move. It seemed, from the website, that Goodwill accepted most still-useful items. I did not, and even looking again after my visit to the store, see any list of exclusions. Then when I got there, after I had spent the better part of a week sorting through my stuff, separating out and reboxing about 20 boxes of housewares, games, books, toys and sporting goods, I find that they didn't want half the stuff I had, and that half was mixed in with the stuff you did want! I'm sorry, but it is difficult to sort everything perfectly, as new items will belong with other boxes which are already full, there would be MANY odd items which either aren't enough to fill a box or else just don't fit readily together.

Now, the guy running the "store" (I thought it would be a store, but it was actually just a large tractor trailer in a parking lot) took my stuff, mostly because I complained about the website not excluding much of anything. He said the national website might be different from the local one, but why should I know that? So then I re-checked the website for that local store, and in fact it didn't give any more info on what Goodwill wants and what it doesn't than the national site (the guy admitted he didn't do computers). So it's actually a big problem... Why do Goodwill websites not give clear info on what you want and what you don't want? I hate to let good stuff go to waste, but I also hate spending a lot of time separating stuff out to give to charity, only to be told, AFTER I've done all the work, that you don't want half of it! The bottom line must be that Goodwill needs to be much more clear, right up front, what it wants and what it doesn't want!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I purchased a battery operated clock. I got it home and it didn't work. I tried more than 1 battery just to be sure. The next day I drove the 14 miles back to the Goodwill in Blair, Nebraska in order to return it. I showed up with receipt in hand and was informed that they do not take back electronics and claim to have a sign posted on the door. I didn't see any sign, nor was I informed of this, and in addition, I doubt a battery operated clock would be considered an electronic since it doesn't plug in to anything electrical.

I bought the clock on good faith that it would work. This is theft. They sold me a broken clock and refused to take it back within 24 hours of purchase, and with the receipt. I am poor, or I wouldn't be shopping at the Goodwill. They get this merchandise for free, so to refuse to make good on a broken clock is nothing less than robbery. I will never shop there again, and my family and friends will not be donating there again after hearing about this. Their name is deceptive because there is nothing done in goodwill at this place. Theft is not goodwill!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

This place is horrible. I’ve seen jeans as high as $79.99. This is absolutely atrocious. They claim to help but they are screwing the buyer in the process. I’ve taken items up to the register with regular pricing and they’ve told me, “There’s no way someone priced this at $5.99. Sorry but I have to change the pricing on this.” And ended up pricing it at $19.99. What the heck is wrong with these people?!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

They are too expensive on their used items! You can get a new T-shirt for $5 at Walmart on sale, they are that and more for used WITH A HOLE! They have a card that was 10-20% off your purchase, now they have changed so we have to buy $20 to get 10% off! The CEO makes 4 hundred thousand yearly, ya think they could give the people a break! Someone has learned how to open a store and say they are helping people while getting merchandise for free and they became rich fast! It is a scam, check it out and see how much they REALLY help people, they don't and if they do it's all a big fat tax write off.

A family’s house burned and they lost everything, they were told to go to the Goodwill. They said, “We don't work that way.” They received nothing from Goodwill. I read where a family lost their home in Florida and a young man from Goodwill gave them clothes. He had to pay Goodwill all that money and was fired! I think they need to be investigated. Now there are no refunds, you have to get STORE credit with receipt or not. Give to Salvation Army, buy from them, they are honest, cheap and do help families of fires, ETC.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Goodwill organization does not help the needy. The only private sector people Goodwill helps is the individuals that work there. And by help I mean give them entry level employment. I'm very curious to know where all their profits go. There must be a long list of executives who benefit from good-hearted citizens donating their items under the assumption they are going to go to the needy which they don't. One thing I encountered while shopping and buying at Goodwill is I returned a few items and it was mandatory that the refund was put on a gift card. What the Goodwill staff failed to tell me was the Goodwill gift card expired in 7 days. That's ridiculous. Take Euless that the general public believes their kind-hearted donations help the needy because they don't, they help the top Executives that work for Goodwill.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

The Shopgoodwill.com address 1280 West Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas, NV 89030 puts things online and then does not ship them according to the contract. Every attempt to contact them they give you a runaround and will not answer questions. They should be ashamed of the management of this store and the employees. If you see something being sold by this store do not bid on it. I have been waiting for over 3 weeks which is against their own contract.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I shop at the one on street rd. near Knights rd. in Bensalem Pa. It use to be really good, great prices and some decent stuff but lately it has been nothing of the sort, high prices for things that are sitting on the shelves broke. Some of the prices are the same. You can buy brand new at a regular store, also since I go every week, a lot of times the same junk stuff is out for up to three weeks and yet the back room is loaded with nice things that never hit the floor or very rarely. This needs to change or people like myself will stop going. I go there mostly looking for things to resell or sometimes to keep for myself.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I used to think that Goodwill was here to help people, it has become obvious that this is no longer true. It may still help people get training, jobs and placement. In my opinion, it no longer helps people on a limited budget. Why? What happened? A lot of prices are the same as Wal-mart. Why not shop at Wal-mart, and get a new t-shirt instead of a used Wal-Mart t-shirt at Goodwill? When items go on sale, there are times that the Wal-mart prices are the same, and a lot of times cheaper. And on Friday I found a kitty bed that was $2.00 less than Pet Smart! Pl-e-e-e-a-a-a-a-se. I would rather have a New t-shirt from the discount store, than a USED one from Goodwill for the same price. Who prices the donations, anyway???

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I went to the half off Fridays only to find out they put all the good merchandise in the back and junk out on the floor. I have spent so much money at these stores in Ft. Wayne and they would have looked better to keep all the items on floor. Very disappointed!!! Donate your items to cross boarders. They help so many.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Yesterday, August 8, 2017 my wife and I visited the Florence, Oregon store. I needed to urinate. There were no bathrooms available to customers. So, in order to use the toilet, I had to cross a busy, dangerous highway and use the toilet at a restaurant. Upon returning, I contacted the store manager and his assistant. "Why aren't there public bathrooms?" His reply, "There are chemicals." I then said, "Sir, I am disabled; chemo and radiation damaged my bladder, so I can't go long periods without peeing. If you don't want people to use your toilets, then spend $50 a month on port-a-potties."

I should be noted that I walk with a cane, making the crossing at the busy highway even more dangerous (there is no stop light). Goodwill should allow disabled customers to use the bathroom at the Florence, Oregon store. If this is not possible, then the store should install portable pit toilets outside, so disabled folks don't have to risk their lives, crossing a major highway.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I used to go to the Goodwill for their % off certain color tags sale until I went there one day and they were removing all pants with that color tag. I asked what's going on and the mgr. said that they rotate their stock. I'm like why only the sale tags? What a crock of greedy **. Shame Goodwill.

Original review: July 24, 2017

My issue is a very simple one. The cashier was a very nice gentleman who asked me if I would like to donate money for a training program Goodwill Store is raising money for. I say yes and give him $4. But I as I leave I think to myself - why am I being asked to donate money to an organization that had received about $200 worth very sellable clothing and appliances from me last week? More importantly why is Goodwill Store soliciting more money from me when they sell used product that they don't have to pay to purchase? I thought that was one of the uses of the revenue they generate is to train people. I just think both Goodwill Store and others like them are getting pretty greedy.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I was shopping at the Loganville Georgia Goodwill store today (July 21, 2017), when I found a very nice round rug made in India, but there was no tag on it. I was so excited about this rug. I took it to the front to check out. The cashier told me that I could not purchase the rug without a tag on it. So, I said -- price the rug now. The cashier then told me the rug would have to go to the back to be priced and would return to the floor 24 hours later. I asked if they would put my name on it -- I was told no. I asked if they could call me when the rug was placed back out on the floor -- I was told no.

I asked to speak to a manager about this, because if an item makes it to the floor and a customer is there willing to buy the item we should be allowed to buy it. A manager should have been able to price the item. The manager was very rude and was unwilling to help me -- period! So, why do you have managers if they can't help us with getting a price. As I was walking out the door, another Goodwill employee told me that she had seen the price tag on the rug for 29.00 dollars. I again asked the manager could I buy rug based on their employee seeing the price -- I was told no again.

I feel like the manager wanted the rug herself after she saw it and I didn't stand a chance on getting. Well, Goodwill get this -- I have donated over $10,000 worth of merchandise to you over the last few years -- but I WILL NEVER GIVE YOU ANYTHING AGAIN! After reading all of the very negative reviews, I feel like Goodwill has become a very greedy company only out to make its owners richer -- and you could care less about the less fortunate.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Goodwill just changed their policies on discounts. They used to have 50% discount on Wednesday for seniors. You have to realize that seniors for the most part are on very limited income. I used to go to Goodwill for NECESSITIES. However, without that discount and now only 20% I can get what I need new at Walmart for the same prices. I am really sorry that they implemented this new policy.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Good morning, I have been a customer of the Goodwill Industry for over forty years. I frequent the Lodi store often. Finding this store to be reasonable in their pricing, great location and above reproach when it comes to cleanliness. I promote this store on a continuous basis and on this day, my family gathered, I took a family member who was visiting to the Lodi location. My family member was excited because she knows I don't boast on anything that is not right.

We get to the Lodi location, look around, I find many items for self. Looking up to see where my family member is located, I find myself being witness to an item falling from the top shelf and hitting her in the head. There's a young lady with her child who lunges forward to interfere with the item also hitting her small daughter. Both adults look shocked and speak about the danger of certain items being on upper shelves. Neither persons were handling items on the said shelf. My family member requested to see a manager stating her head was starting to hurt. One of the associates left to get the manager. After 15 minutes of waiting for the manager to come out from the back, I ask another associate to please go and retrieve her/him.

I continue to calm my family member. Finally, the manager as she (PAO - pronounced POW) introduced herself, came and spoke to my family member. My family member asked for her to make an incident report and shared the danger of large unstable items on the top shelf. The manager left with the promise of returning. It took some time for her to return. The manager took the report and didn't seem to know the correct procedure or adequately be able to verbally communicate effectively. She did take comfort in having another associate at her side, whom laughed behind her back and looked amused when she tried to be of managerial material.

In the end, there were several missing information or incomplete. In the waiting for the final rendition of the incident report, I went to the car and called customer service, talking with a rep. named Anthony. I repeated the problem at hand. Anthony was in awe when told of the 20 minute wait for the manager to come from the back. I told him we were still waiting again for her to go and make a copy, this being another 15 minute or more wait. The rep. instructed for me to call headquarter which he gave me the number to please go and get the manager. We waited another five minutes for her to come out with her entourage following. One of the associate came from the back by herself and just stared us down-not saying anything just staring us down. Wow!

Pao returns finally, with the report which has not been changed to specify the correct account of the incident or input of the correct information as she said she would. She states she has done enough and there would be no change. She also states, after I ask again, that she is not the manager. She states nervously that she is just looking after the store while having the supposed manager on speaker phone (her personal cellphone). I asked, "Why have you been telling us for the last hour that you were the manager?" I already understood why she had been telling us this; she took the position title in order to handle the immediate issue at hand, not knowing the title comes with an ability to comprehend English in its entirety. I even ask her did she speak Spanish because we could of spoke to her in this language. She stated she didn't speak Spanish.

While she was speaking, her associate who had been by her side, had the look of: What are you going to do now? She stood and looked in amusement. The phone was eventually given to my family member and she spoke with real manager. All the while standing at the cash register, on speaker phone and in front of many customers. I was speaking to the Pao asking her; when her and the other associates turn to go to the back of the store did I hear, “She hit her head and then you all started laughing?". Quickly she said it didn't happen but when I told her I was looking right at them when the statement was made and laughter was heard. She said, "Sorry". The associate whom was being designated to stay by her side, bucked her eyes and twisted her lips in a half smile. The look that said "Well, she got you there".

Pao was not in a good place as she raised her voice to me, I quickly cut her off and let her know that her anger or fight was not with me, and it would be wise to keep it this way. The (real) manager said, "Who is that talking?" I then take the phone from my family member who is now frustrated by all the wait tactics from the employees. I state who I am and asked his position. He tells me he is the manager of the store; this explains the delay response earlier from Pao on her true position. He asked was I there or did I see what happened. I tell him yes, that the injured came with me to the store. He then wants to know how could I have seen what happened. I quickly tell him that the store is adequately lit, has no objects that forbid me from seeing across the store and is favorable in cleanliness.

What I said must not have been to his liking. He then gets haughty and states that I might not have see correctly. I am offended by this and the fact that we are still on speaker which leaves the gathering customers intrigued. I tell him in a "you are crossing many boundaries" voice: "If your comprehension level is not up to par today, then maybe I should give the phone back to your improperly trained employee, who should not have been left to her own devices while watching the store on her own". He then says, "Yes, you should give the phone back to her". At this point, I share again that this is taking far too long and that I don't have all this time to be dealing with this issue or rudeness. The whole time that I am speaking, the rep. for Goodwill is still on the phone. He tells me to surely call corporate and let them know what has transpired. He apologizes over and over again.

We leave because my mother is calling and the family is waiting on us. I reiterate that I will be calling corporate headquarter. I call corporate on Monday the 3rd and get an answering service which messages can't be left. There is no name to associate with the directory. I try calling between seeing my patients. After six to seven tries, I finally, call customer service and asked for another headquarters in a different region. After sometime in explaining the reason for asking, the rep. (Aaron) finally gives me a number after 23 minutes. I call and get a delightful named young lady named Mya. I tell her my problem and the prior experiences that bring me to this point. Mya is responsive and takes information which will be escalated to the appropriate person.

I have taken these minutes, hours to write this. I am without words on how devastated this incidence has made me feel. I have been satisfied with the Goodwill for over 40 years. This has put me in a state of mind of regret. To say nothing on how upset my family member was; I had to apologize to her . She was so upset, on top of having an aching head, that she could not even eat on our return to the house. She was truly upset and swore she should have never went into the Goodwill.

Called on 7/6/17 to customer service. Aaron answered the phone. I told him of my previous phone calls on 7/2/17, 7/3/17, 7/5/17. He told me to go to the website. I told him that I had already did that and to just give me a corporate number in any region. He told me his opinion. I asked for a number six to seven times. He then proceeded to tell me that I knew nothing about how Goodwill worked. He said he knew more than me. Then he said, “Don’t have me hang up on you.” I hang up. I call back and it’s him again. I asked to talk to his supervisor. He says they’re busy. I asked for the supervisor’s name. He says hold on and come back and says "George". I say "George’s last initial." He says ** and hangs up. I await a response.

Original review: July 1, 2017

They have this stores in expensive locals and they really get high with the prices. They put one price for lets say pants, shirts and same items. Well, they are not even close to the same condition so why they all cost the same. Also, designer stuff like Coach, or Michael Kors, they sell it almost as the price that in a store. You find this old worn out purses that wouldn't worth more than $500 for over $20.00. Also, they are not well skilled handling customers. I found a purse the attendant gave it to me from behind the counter with a price it was reduced. Then I got another attendant in the line and the passed me like I had changed the price. I didn't argue, just told her to keep it. Compare to Family Thrift they are way behind. Also, they are not really non- profit or for the benefit of the poor. It belongs to a huge rich corporation.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I've always loved shopping at thrift stores like Goodwill. In the last year I've noticed that many of the items I have always bought at Goodwill were as expensive as buying new at Walmart or Ross. Sports bras, leggings, and even personal hygiene items are either the same price or more! I even asked a retail associate to look up a price on an unopened box of panty liners because it was the same regular price at several of the local retailers and she told me, "That is the price they've decided on and I have no ability to change it!". Did I say "Not for Profit?" earlier? I don't donate to them anymore which is a shame since I've donated almost exclusively to them for over 35 years.

Original review: June 20, 2017

So I go in on Saturday they have a spend $25 get 25% off. They advertise it over the loud speaker. I go to check out and the sale changed to you get a coupon for your next purchase. I look at my receipt and I have to use it within 2 days. I CALL IT BS! Do they really expect me to go back in 2 days just to use a coupon I earned with my own money RIDICULOUS! First of all Goodwill has gotten so greedy that everything is way over priced I mean REALLY! A pair of used jeans $9.99 and up. Wow I can go to Marshall's or Ross and buy a new pair for less. I am a bargain/clearance shopper and I love to spend but I cannot be a willing spender at these prices. I use to drive to other side of town just to go to the Goodwill stores and now there is one just down the street from me. I went on grand opening day. I bought a few high end purses or so I thought for around $40, $50 bucks. Coach/Gucci and found they are all fakes. Wow!

How is it that they can get away with this. So since then I said "Forget this I will take my business some where else". I have only been to this Goodwill store 3 times since they opened I don't go across town either. I was a big spender at Goodwill. Well not any more. I buy online from high end stores and always find great items on clearance from clothing to make up to soap and by the way I have never seen a full parking lot at the new Goodwill store here in Henderson and I have overheard many other complain about the high prices at the Goodwill store when I am at Smith's, Walmart and other stores. This just goes to show how right I am about the prices at the Goodwill now.

Won't surprise me if the store closed for good in the near future. They built a whole new building even though there is an empty building across the parking lot where the Food 4 Less used to be. What a waste of money. GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY. LAST WORD OF ADVICE FOR GOODWILL DON'T SELL USED UNDERGARMENTS (PANTIES). THAT'S JUST NASTY.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Goodwill Store, RENO, NV. Went in store, prices was doubled to price at home in Arkansas. Clothes was not that good, could tell they was used a lot. Shirts here $4.50, at home like new $2.50. Pillowcase $1.99 for 2, home 2 for $.50 cents. At home everything is almost new items, store in RENO had trashy items, charging price as new like Wal-Mart. My thinking all Goodwill are to charge the same price in all stores across the United States. This store 2424 Oddie Blvd, Reno, NV was not a good store. I walked around looking for t-shirts, reg. shirts and women's clothes, had nothing worth buying. Clothes they had I cut up for grease rags. Need lower those prices. Goodwill is to help poor people. These people running this store trying to make big money to pocket it, prices way too high for poor people. They can go to Walmart buy same thing but not same price. I will not go to another Goodwill while I am here in Fernley, NV. Long drive to Reno.

Goodwill Store Company Information