3.68/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Goodwill Store

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Goodwill Store Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Huge disappointment! Employees in this Goodwill location totally lack training. The model/training that Jose, the manager, has giving to the employees is to shout out at customers and treats them like low-class citizens. They scream at the customers every time a bin is coming out “EVERYBODY TO THE FRONT OF THE STORE”. By the way, after employees give an order, everyone is expected to move to the front of the store no matter where they are. A bin takes about 20 minutes to be brought out. All that time, people have to stand in front of a yellow line, near the entrance.

When screaming out the order “NOW”, customers run as chickens without heads to get whatever they can. Some of them take stuff out of the bins and throw them to the floor. The extreme level of excitement provokes that things get broken. Customers fight, scream out, and move bins out of place, while some employees sneer maliciously, looking at them grotesquely. This is a vicious circle repeated several times during the day.

How low are you willing to be treated to get a discount? This Goodwill outlet is 90% old smelly clothes. They have a policy to buy a minimum of 11 pounds $2 per clothing and $0.35 per households (any fabric is considered clothing such as old carpets). I don’t understand how some customers can accept this type of treatment. Items are not free, you pay for them. To get a good deal people have to spend hours searching for and fighting for stuffs. Some people camp outside the store bringing their own food to spend the whole day there.

The drop that spilled my glass was today, I got bullied by a big tall employee that yelled at me as if I had neither education nor professional preparation. I am a petite woman that got petrified. Another employee started also screaming at me in Spanish as if I didn’t understand English. I was asked to leave and never come back again when I tried to record all the screaming at me. When I got to the car, I exploded in tears for frustration and helplessness of the situation. Seriously, Goodwill: Do something about this! This is simply not acceptable! People who are looking for offers are NOT low-class people. They are people looking for savings.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I donated many things regularly. The employees work at donation center at West Broad St. at the Tuckernuck donation center Are very rudely. They said that don’t want old things. They are very picky don’t want that… I won’t donate any more things.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I donate regularly to Goodwill of North Georgia and I also shop there first before buying books, yarn, outdoor tools, etc. Today after dropping off a comforter, pillows and a few other items I went into the highway 92 in Woodstock location and much to my surprise they had ratty haired baby dolls for $39, small end tables with aluminum and thin glass for $25, a ball of used yarn for $6.99 and a mirror I'd donated and purchased at Dollar Tree listed for $3.99. NO WAY RIGHT?! Well read on, it gets better!

Every shelf was loaded down with an overflow of over-priced items - the store had a handful of customers (all shaking their heads at these prices) and a few employees. I figured I would let the manager know how upsetting it was that this location was priced double maybe triple what the Goodwill down the road was charging for the same items! Well, upon asking the gentleman behind the over over priced counter - he said, and I kid you not "I don't know who the manager is, and everyone's been complaining!" I asked him how on earth he was working and didn't know the manager. He explained that district managers had taken over the store and people had been complaining but he had no idea who I should talk to.

I left the store completely disgusted at my donations priced more than the original price I'd paid and the outlandish prices in this store. ~~Literally - a shirt had a tag with a Walmart clearance price of $3 - at the register they wanted to charge $7.99 - even with the original tag showing way less than half that price! Employees like to play dumb and just give you a "Oh well, take it or leave it. I make minimum wage." blank stare. Seriously!

I emailed via their website from the car and proceeded to call to speak with someone. That someone "Grover" told me that they price their items at fair market value and sometimes they make mistakes but they would continue doing what they are doing. He was very rude and when I said "Doesn't your CEO make millions a year already?" He said "Oh now I see where you are going with this",,, completely rude and could care less when I told him I would not be donating or shopping in any of their locations in the future. I told him I was trying to be nice by calling but after talking to him I was going online and tell everyone they should donate their items to organizations that care about their consumers and those making donations out of the goodness of their hearts. He said "Have a good day maam!" And hung up the phone. DONT DONATE OR SHOP AT GOODWILL! THEY'VE GOTTEN GREEDY!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I got a gift card from the Charlotte MI Goodwill store and happily presented it with the merchandise I selected, but they refused to honor it. Not only was I confused by it, I was also embarrassed by the line of people behind me who heard them accuse me of giving them a useless card. It was their card! That's $10 I could have used for food.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

If a single mother of 3 can't afford a second hand store it's pathetic. Then asked to round out my total at register? I've seen the backs of these stores & they have plenty of items to sell so why do they act like this DONATED merchandise is coated in gold? Items not priced a lot of times & donation coupon for % off even was lowered. BE ASHAMED GOODWILL or should I say BADWILL. Bathrooms are atrocious & never a sale on anything worth buying. My business now goes to The Village thrift ONLY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I cannot believe the prices of Goodwill these days! I went in for some clothes, a backpack and a few other kitchen items and left empty handed due to the prices! Why would I pay $5-8.00 for someone's throw aways. I went to Walmart and found comparable if not less costly items that were BRAND NEW and then went to a local thrift store where clothing was $1.00 and most other items were $1-3.00! I used to shop at Goodwill all the time because I am a single mom of two kids and these prices used to fit my budget AND Im a firm believer of recycle and reuse items but I will not be returning to Goodwill until they drop the prices. Shame on you GoodWill, you need to reevaluate your commitment to your communities and who you are really trying to help! Who care if people are purchasing your items and reselling them, that is not your business, your business is to help those is need by offering prices they can afford everyday needed items!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Updated on 08/31/2019: I've been emailing an anonymous person for over a week about the way in which I received my two lots of jewelry from their online auctions. I won two large lots of costume jewelry and they were simply dumped into a box, taped shut and sent to me. There was no packing, no wrapped jewelry, not even two bags to hold each lot. They told me that it's advertised that my merchandise would be sent to me this way and after it's photographed, it's dumped into a box, taped shut and put on a shelf until it's sold. I was told that the box is not opened again. However, I won two lots and they had to open both boxes and consolidate both lots into one box for combined shipping. Mind you I was charged $4 handling fees for both lots and paid $8 for someone to dump both lots of jewelry into a larger box, tape it shut and stick a label on it. They state in their written description that "jewelry may arrive tangled or in knots".

It's more like tangled, knotted, broken, damaged and completely avoidable. They couldn't even bag each lot before they just dumped both lots into a larger box. This goodwill could care less about paid merchandise once your money is in their bank. I asked them why they packed my lots this way and I was told they have a right to charge a handling fee for each lot and that it's specified in their listing. Okay; that's not what I asked. So a solid week goes by and someone, again anonymous and obviously a manager responded to my question and apologized that my situation had "grown into something so much more than it ought to be". I replied by thanking them for a reasonable response instead of someone arguing with me and misinterpreting my question, but that they still did not respond to my original question.

This evening I was bidding on an item in my watch list and was prompted with a pop-up telling me, "This goodwill has your blocked and you are not authorized to bid on any items from us". This is what happens when you are a good buyer helping them to meet their goal of selling their donated items and buyers paying top dollar to help train individuals for gainful employment from generous people like us. All of these "ANONYMOUS" people at this goodwill are so far off the mark, customer service and good faith, it's giving this site a poor reputation.

Like all online retailers, you eventually find out who you should continue doing business with, and who you should avoid. I would avoid THIS GOODWILL BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR MERCHANDISE AFTER THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR ITEM is out the door. They wipe their hands clean and never expect to hear from you until you buy another auction. This is how they're training their staff with our money.

Original review: So I won TWO auctions that consisted of numerous pieces of jewelry that was actually listed as "May arrive tangled". When I got both of my lots they were simply DUMPED into a box and taped shut. Nothing was inside a bag!! It took me hours to unwrap, untangle, and figure out what pieces went to which pieces of jewelry that were now broken apart. I emailed this "Goodwill" and got "ill will" instead! Seems that the person answering the email at this specific Goodwill Store who sells items on the Internet under the website, "SHOPGOODWILL.COM" wants to make it worse for all of the other Goodwills who actually provide a service and cares about customer satisfaction. JUST DON'T SHOP THERE AND YOU WON'T BE SORRY THAT YOU DIDN'T SHOP THERE.

Most of the other Goodwill stores are customer-oriented and care about the items they sell after they leave their premises. This Goodwill simply closed the email you sent them asking why they just dumped two lots of jewelry into a box and taped it shut. In other words, "Don't bother us. We're too busy training people with the money we make off of people like you so that they have a better chance at work and finding work". SO WHAT IS THIS GOODWILL TEACHING THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE TRAINING???? JUST DUMP IT AND CALL IT A DAY???? "Hurry up and do your job; don't worry about any complaints, we'll just ignore all of them"???? I also sent them a picture of what it looked like when I opened it! Too bad I can't upload that same picture.

I would never order anything from this goodwill. I would have to go inside and personally see how they "packed" my items in a bag before I left their store!! ZERO stars on customer service. ZERO stars on feedback and response. I further believe that this store is not training any person whatsoever and simply keeping the money to pay themselves a bonus because of the wonderful dis-service they provide to paying internet customers!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Today at 10:40 am I went to my Goodwill location drop-off at 2655 E 3rd St, Casper, WY 82609. I wanted to donate some books in excellent condition and a sewing machine. A young man would not accept the donations, and stated that "Goodwill does not accept sewing machines. We are no longer accepting books. Take them somewhere else." If this is how the community is to be treated, I believe this location will lose a lot of business and several donations. Last week, I tried to donate clothing and was told I had too many bags. The bags were plastic Walmart bags filled with barely worn or new clothes. What message does this send? The employees at the drop off need to show respect, and if donations are not being taken for items, it should be clearly posted. The posting stated mattresses and food, not the items in my car. Thank you.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Goodwill needs to close their doors in shame. They've ruined the concept of charity and goodwill and replaced it with ridiculous greed and profit. Dollar Tree items, 2.99. Target salvage items marked up more than retail. Filthy, worn shoes 14.99 and up. Because they once were Nike's? Expired pet food marked at cost? That's ILLEGAL to sell expired FOOD! Selling opened packages of medical bandages and dressings? ILLEGAL. Close their doors with protest, this has to stop---they are generating the greed with corporations using their donations as tax write-offs, a vicious, greedy circle aimed at taking advantage of the consumer. Please stop shopping at or donating to this money pit.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I used to shop the local Goodwill stores regularly. Most times I could find yarn, fabric, sewing patterns and various craft books. Lately, and in 3 different store locations, there was absolutely NOTHING craft-wise. Not even a straggler book on the shelves. A couple of years ago I started noticing drastic price hikes on everything. I found that I could buy new yarn from most craft supply stores and even online (shipping included) a lot cheaper than Goodwill prices. I stopped buying the yarn. The patterns and books were still reasonable so I still purchased those. Now there's no craft supplies whatsoever on the shelves which leads me to believe that they're trying to get higher prices by selling them in lots online. Informed, intelligent and savvy shoppers know a rip-off when they see one.

Anyone willing to pay more on the Goodwill website than they would in a store is basically being charitable in my opinion. I can no longer be supportive of such a greedy establishment. The carloads of items that I regularly donate will go elsewhere. I will also shop elsewhere. In addition trying to sell broken, chipped, cracked and damaged goods (not even vintage) for top dollar is ridiculous.

Goodwill Store Company Information