2.7/5 (1531 ratings)

About Goodwill Store

Goodwill Store Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Goodwill prices have become ridiculous. On 3 different occasions, I have found items with original department store tags still on them, the price given by Goodwill was at least $5.00 more. I’ve donated thousands of dollars In clothing and other items to Goodwill, but will give to other charities from now on, they claim to be non-profit, but someone is making a profit. When I can buy items on sale at Macy’s or other department stores cheaper than used items at Goodwill, it doesn’t seem to me that Goodwill is doing any good for the community.

Hopefully everyone will stop donating to these greedy characters. They also won’t open their fitting rooms, but want people to exchange items within 7 days, even if the tag is still attached to the item, they won’t exchange it. Some people don’t live just around the corner and with gas prices so high, 45 miles is a lot to drive just to exchange an item with no guarantee the next item will fit. Not having the fitting rooms open is very inconvenient.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I had a few items to be returned still with Goodwill tags. Manager refused to return items and yelled at me. Not going to lie I yelled back. He tried to say the tags were not goodwill which they were. Goodwill does not allow you to try on things but gives you seven days to return items. This store is the on on cotton in surprise az. Went to a different goodwill who returned the items and knows the manager at the cotton store agreeing he's a horrible person. His name is CJ and should not be yelling at customers. When a customer started to call me names he said I was harassing her and told me to leave. I replied I would leave once she shut up. I was already going to leave before she said anything. I'll be letting district manager know as well. Some people should not be a manager or needs to learn to be one. But yelling at customers is a big no.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

The stores are no longer affordable- they are to be helping those in need- have completely gotten rid of any half price items or days and have raised the prices to a point I can’t afford. We donate to them, it’s free items that they are marking up 1,000 times! I saw a pair of used off brand shoes for $19.99, a stand up mirror for $79.00- seriously, they have lost their objectives of helping those I need. It’s cheaper at Walmart- I hope everyone stops donating to them- there are too many other organizations that truly help rather than put money in their already deep pockets.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I can afford to shop anywhere but thrift shopping is like a treasure hunt- always loved it. Prices way too high for merchandise donated- GIVEN to you! One owner lives in lavish neighborhood with collection of expensive cars- GREED!!! It’s not fun for me anymore. Will tell all my friends not to donate to you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Prior to COVID, I was a avid bidder/shopper on ShopGoodwill.com. Used to be able to find all kinds of fine jewelry items at reasonable used prices and still in mostly good, wearable condition. I noticed about 2-4 months after the pandemic “started”, all of the sudden there would be 35 bids on an item that maybe would have seen 15 prior to covid. And the winning bid? MORE than a brand new like-item would even retail for!!! To date, I’ve seen this over and over again, and actually sometimes see 60+ bids on items. The “pandemic” really ruined shopgoodwill and actually made it more expensive than shopping retail for very similar items. It is now FREQUENTLY tons cheaper to bid on or buy jewelry items from eBay or Etsy than it is on shopgoodwill!

I cannot believe the profits this supposed “humanitarian” organization must be making now. Sure feels like immoral is the new moral and vice versa. Have they even raised the pay of their store workers by much?? If you care about the average person, or the disabled workers goodwill claims to help, DO NOT bid on or purchase anything from shopgoodwill. I suspect half the bids are robo-entered by fake bidders anyway. So you probably aren’t even competing with all serious buyers! Save your time, money, and morals and shop elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I have read all there is On the loyalty program. It states that once you obtain 10,000 points they take and take $10.00 off your purchase. It doesn't say off your next purchase so the manager didn't suggest any resolution about this situation.

Original review: July 16, 2022

The shopgoodwill.com website is despicable. At one time it was very trustworthy. That is now a thing of the past. The last three times that I have ordered a "men's" jacket or shirt, I have received a child's or a woman's size. Do not purchase anything from shopgoodwill.com. You will not be happy.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I was a devout supporter of Goodwill industries in Clermont Florida until today. My wife and I shop there, we donor there, and we've sent people there for job search assistance, and employers to post jobs available on the board. Since Covid 19, times have been hard for everyone. Unfortunately, my wife has been out of work for several months and we're barely making it but by the grace of God. I was at the Clermont Florida store today around 1pm shopping for my wife's birthday. I was fortunate to find a handbag, PRICED at $19.99, I was sure she'd love. While, I was inspecting the zipper, stitching etc.. a woman came over and asked if I was going to purchase it. I said, "Yes. I believe I am."

As I was at the register, the same woman was next to me checking out and told my cashier the purse was a designer bag and I was "stealing" it. The cashier (looks like she's from India) with no name tag has worked at that location for several years and is ALWAYS extremely rude, said she'd have to get the manager. I was shocked that she even entertained the rude comment from the other customer. I had my money in my hand, trying to get home for my wife's birthday, while she went to get a manager.

When he (** male) with no name tag, came up to the front he took the bag and walked off. Finally, he returned without my handbag and said he couldn't sell it to me because it would have to be appraised. Just because a customer wanted my item!! Even though it has a price tag, that your staff, put on it? I said, "You can't just change the price at the register!! That's completely illegal and price gouging..." He informed me he can do whatever he wants because you're a humanitarian organization. I am so disappointed with the attitude I received but mostly because I couldn't get the handbag I wanted for my wife. Hopefully, I'll get a call from someone in the home office and they can explain to me how this is tolerated in your organization. I'm sure the item is in the office of the manager awaiting appraisal because I'd love to know what they think they have. Surely wasn't a Louis Vuitton!

Original review: June 12, 2022

Same old items every week. Donations are stashed in the back. Manager is terrible! If you have an issue, she is nasty and rude. Very arrogant. We never see different items. And I can almost guarantee that donations are taken by managers. Just the same crap every day/week. No stock put out on shelves very often. Garbage. Most employees are nice. But the manager chick is a hot mess!

Original review: June 9, 2022

I drove 25 miles to the Goodwill Store in Wappingers Falls, NY. I had several donations. One item was a carpet cleaner I purchased for $150, used one time. I was happy to see someone else have the opportunity to use it. I drove up to the store at 9:35 am, thinking the store opened at 9:00. I noticed the store actually did not open until 10:00. Several donations were left by the door so I decided to place my items alongside them. As I was attempting to, an employee opened the door and told me they don’t open until 10:00 and I could not drop off any donations until then.

I was shocked. Refusing a donation? I understand I was at fault for not knowing what time they opened but I just drove 25 miles, and she couldn’t even take the items from my hands or at least let me put them by the door. I told her I don’t go to that area often and won’t be able to return for a while. I told her I would just have to throw my donated items away. She said nothing and let me walk away showing no concern that the items would end up in the garbage. I question if Goodwill actually operates for the right reasons. My new carpet cleaner is now in the garbage.

Goodwill Store Company Information