2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (372 ratings)

About Goodwill Store

Goodwill Store Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?

Original review: July 26, 2021

I shop in Indy, they have a practice of writing on everything with a black permanent marker on the actual item! This is really annoying and ruining the item, and don't let me get started on their new price hike, blankets at 29 bucks! Um heck no way, brand name clothing now 10 bucks, they do know this stuff was given to them right?!!

Original review: July 19, 2021

I bid on and won a Vera Bradley wallet etc lot from Goodwill Online Palmetto Location. The cost was $130 for the lot of 30 items. 12 of the items were Kiss Lock coin purses that are defective. The locks won't open. There is no way to fix them. I buy Vera Bradley all the time because they are a highly rated company. I would have NEVER imagined that these would not work. I asked for a refund but was told "sold as is". It's very dishonest for a company to treat their buyers this way. I'm sure they were aware but just don't care. This is it for me because now I have no confidence in what I am purchasing online. We cannot try it for effectiveness. This is greed on the highest level when they promote helping the poor and needy by ripping others off.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I purchased a $7 kitchen item that was taped up with packing tape so that I couldn't see everything inside. I got home and the most important piece was missing. I tried to return it or get credit and was told no due to new policy. I understand people abuse returns but if they're going to charge top dollar for items they ought to make sure that all pieces are present. I believe there are exceptions to rules. They have lost me as a customer.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I just learned hard way don't buy any clothes without trying on. I tried to return 2 item. A skirt and pants. Their dressing room is closed so I had to guess if it fit or not. Well neither fit and I called because I have looked all over and no receipt. I called. They said I can return my item for 1.00. So I pay 10.00, I return for 1.00 (10%) of what I paid and you are going to sell again for 10.00? Yeah I know why I will never go to Goodwill ever again. They get free donations and sell them 1000% markup. And if you need to return without receipt they give you a whole 10% of what you paid so they can mark it up 1000% again. And they are non profit? But they make tons of profit? What a joke. They are the biggest scam in largest degree.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Goodwill in Greensburg and Batesville indiana and most all Goodwills are overpriced for stuff donated (free) given to them. Most of the stuff I can get new cheaper elsewhere. Not about helping the poor but making the owner rich. Also almost all Goodwills have their music so loud you can't think straight. Bring back half off Saturdays and open the dressing rooms already, covid doesn't know what day of the week it is.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I have had the manager, Chad, at the Tigard Goodwill repeatedly harass and embarrass me when I had an item to return. The first time he said I was lying and did not buy the item (a coat) at “his” store. And today he again said my items did not come from his store. Both times, after checking the camera footage, it was proven he was wrong and that my items WERE bought at that store. Both times I was returning within 14 days and the tags were attached. Neither time did he apologize for being wrong and for accusing me of being a thief.

In fact today he said he was giving me a warning and if I did again he would ban me from ALL GOODWILLS FOR LIFE! When I asked what the warning was for he raised his voice and said for fraudulently returning items and tampering with tags. He accused me of removing tags, even though the camera showed I bought the items at that store the day before and despite all his berating, he did approve the return so it made no sense to me. He was extremely rude and humiliated me for something I did not even do, multiple times.

Normally I would not have returns but since goodwill's dressing rooms have been closed because of the pandemic I have a had a couple items that did not fit (as I’m sure many people have). The management should not be punishing and embarrassing customers who are following company policy for returning merchandise. I’m scared to even shop there now.

I am a domestic violence survivor and having a man speak to me the way the man did is triggering and causes emotional turmoil for me. Something I did not expect to have happen while shipping at a reputable company that claims to be an advocate for domestic violence awareness. Goodwill should not be employing people who are disrespectful and not trained or capable of positive customer service. He was very unprofessional and acted superior and arrogant.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

This store is in Oak Hill West VA. All used products in store are dirty and with the pandemic going on. Also masks aren't enforced and the store is hot. The manager is extremely rude. I was in line for over 20 mins while the cashier took her time and talked with every customer like they were her best friend. Plus there wasn't social distancing going on in this store and the manager wasn't wearing a mask. I finally got disgusted and left store without buying anything. When I got back to my car I tried to call the store to voice my complaint and was told by the maskless manager that she was allowed to talk to customers and then he hung up on me. This store is in need of new management bad. Sincerely I'm not done with this.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Managers in Bayville, NJ do not enforce mask wearing or social distancing. They overprice items they get free. Good merchandise is sold online. Nothing is cleaned. Workers are overworked, so cranky.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

These stores received large donations during the pandemic. Where are those things, not in their stores. Prices are much higher too. Have a feeling those things are sold at higher prices online and leftovers in stores. They better change their ways. People are not going to dig through all the junk for that one thing worth the price. I would rather pay a dollar or two more and buy it at Wal-Mart. You're loss Goodwill. There are much better thrift stores than theirs. CHKD has much better prices and better hours.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I come to the store quite often and normally everything is great. I post good reviews too. However this time around, I was going to try on some clothes and all the doors said “in use”...Where as a few weeks before they were open so you could get in without a key. So I asked a young girl at the “service desk“ near the entrance if they had gone back to having them all closed again because of Covid. She simply said “they should be open” and when I explained they weren’t, she said “well there should be someone over there“...and continued to have her conversation with the other young girls at the desk.

I went over to the changing rooms again and no one was there, so I looked across the store at the girl and put my hands up like...nope, there is no one here. She didn’t help or call anyone to help....She was short and seem very uninterested in helping. I wish I would’ve got the name....but management should be aware of how they were acting. I walked out without buying the several items I had in my cart.

Goodwill Store Company Information