2.7/5 (1535 ratings)

About Goodwill Store

Goodwill Store Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

They bid up everything to make sure they get the best price possible. If they get stuck, they just relist. It's easy to bid people up, just look to see other websites like Amazon and that's what you're gonna pay.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

The prices are outrageous in these stores now. They say it's to help the community and there's homeless people sleeping outside their door.. Everything they get is donated (FREE) and some people depend on this place for school clothes things they could afford but not anymore because of the prices.. I've seen things we can get from the Dollar Tree for a 1.25 and the Goodwill have it priced for 2.99, 3.99.. They can have 3 or 4 of the same exact thing everyone have a different price.. It's a sad time we live in.. I don't know how some of these people who work there lay down and sleep at night.. You all will answer to God in the end..

GRANTLINE RD NEW ALBANY IN.. I don't see how the price inflation is affecting this company when their stuff is donated free. This store will never get anything from me again..

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Since Covid they are the only ones that haven't opened Fitting Rooms, as an excuse of health, to keep customer's money in the store for returning clothes that couldn't be tried because of lack of service with fitting rooms. The returns only are back with a Store Card, so if you need your money back you can't use it and Only spend it on their stores, that has Increase the Price bar like brand new items in regular stores. It's ridiculous that for used and some unusable items they don't return your money!!!! If Covid is the reason of not open fitting rooms, then you should have your stores CLEANER and everyone should be wearing masks if that is the reason of not opening the fitting rooms. As customers we DEMAND return our money back!!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Many of the Goodwill Stores on their online shopping site overcharge on shipping. For example, the store located in Pasco, WA has many such items where the shipping is vastly inflated. One item I was interested in was said to weigh just under 4 lbs, but the total shipping weight was said to be 42 lbs, making the shipping cost well over $50. When I reached out to the store to see if this was a mistake on the listing, they made it clear that it was not. As an eBay seller, I'm well aware of what it costs to ship things, and this is clearly a scam, unless they're using a 38 lb box to ship a 4 lb item, which is doubtful. It seems this is a very common practice on their website. I would suggest that buyers be cautious of such scams and always check the shipping before bidding.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Goodwill prices have become ridiculous. On 3 different occasions, I have found items with original department store tags still on them, the price given by Goodwill was at least $5.00 more. I’ve donated thousands of dollars In clothing and other items to Goodwill, but will give to other charities from now on, they claim to be non-profit, but someone is making a profit. When I can buy items on sale at Macy’s or other department stores cheaper than used items at Goodwill, it doesn’t seem to me that Goodwill is doing any good for the community.

Hopefully everyone will stop donating to these greedy characters. They also won’t open their fitting rooms, but want people to exchange items within 7 days, even if the tag is still attached to the item, they won’t exchange it. Some people don’t live just around the corner and with gas prices so high, 45 miles is a lot to drive just to exchange an item with no guarantee the next item will fit. Not having the fitting rooms open is very inconvenient.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I had a few items to be returned still with Goodwill tags. Manager refused to return items and yelled at me. Not going to lie I yelled back. He tried to say the tags were not goodwill which they were. Goodwill does not allow you to try on things but gives you seven days to return items. This store is the on on cotton in surprise az. Went to a different goodwill who returned the items and knows the manager at the cotton store agreeing he's a horrible person. His name is CJ and should not be yelling at customers. When a customer started to call me names he said I was harassing her and told me to leave. I replied I would leave once she shut up. I was already going to leave before she said anything. I'll be letting district manager know as well. Some people should not be a manager or needs to learn to be one. But yelling at customers is a big no.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

The stores are no longer affordable- they are to be helping those in need- have completely gotten rid of any half price items or days and have raised the prices to a point I can’t afford. We donate to them, it’s free items that they are marking up 1,000 times! I saw a pair of used off brand shoes for $19.99, a stand up mirror for $79.00- seriously, they have lost their objectives of helping those I need. It’s cheaper at Walmart- I hope everyone stops donating to them- there are too many other organizations that truly help rather than put money in their already deep pockets.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I can afford to shop anywhere but thrift shopping is like a treasure hunt- always loved it. Prices way too high for merchandise donated- GIVEN to you! One owner lives in lavish neighborhood with collection of expensive cars- GREED!!! It’s not fun for me anymore. Will tell all my friends not to donate to you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Prior to COVID, I was a avid bidder/shopper on ShopGoodwill.com. Used to be able to find all kinds of fine jewelry items at reasonable used prices and still in mostly good, wearable condition. I noticed about 2-4 months after the pandemic “started”, all of the sudden there would be 35 bids on an item that maybe would have seen 15 prior to covid. And the winning bid? MORE than a brand new like-item would even retail for!!! To date, I’ve seen this over and over again, and actually sometimes see 60+ bids on items. The “pandemic” really ruined shopgoodwill and actually made it more expensive than shopping retail for very similar items. It is now FREQUENTLY tons cheaper to bid on or buy jewelry items from eBay or Etsy than it is on shopgoodwill!

I cannot believe the profits this supposed “humanitarian” organization must be making now. Sure feels like immoral is the new moral and vice versa. Have they even raised the pay of their store workers by much?? If you care about the average person, or the disabled workers goodwill claims to help, DO NOT bid on or purchase anything from shopgoodwill. I suspect half the bids are robo-entered by fake bidders anyway. So you probably aren’t even competing with all serious buyers! Save your time, money, and morals and shop elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I have read all there is On the loyalty program. It states that once you obtain 10,000 points they take and take $10.00 off your purchase. It doesn't say off your next purchase so the manager didn't suggest any resolution about this situation.

Goodwill Store Company Information