Goodwill Store

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I used to think that Goodwill was here to help people, it has become obvious that this is no longer true. It may still help people get training, jobs and placement. In my opinion, it no longer helps people on a limited budget. Why? What happened? A lot of prices are the same as Wal-mart. Why not shop at Wal-mart, and get a new t-shirt instead of a used Wal-Mart t-shirt at Goodwill? When items go on sale, there are times that the Wal-mart prices are the same, and a lot of times cheaper. And on Friday I found a kitty bed that was $2.00 less than Pet Smart! Pl-e-e-e-a-a-a-a-se. I would rather have a New t-shirt from the discount store, than a USED one from Goodwill for the same price. Who prices the donations, anyway???

I went to the half off Fridays only to find out they put all the good merchandise in the back and junk out on the floor. I have spent so much money at these stores in Ft. Wayne and they would have looked better to keep all the items on floor. Very disappointed!!! Donate your items to cross boarders. They help so many.

Yesterday, August 8, 2017 my wife and I visited the Florence, Oregon store. I needed to urinate. There were no bathrooms available to customers. So, in order to use the toilet, I had to cross a busy, dangerous highway and use the toilet at a restaurant. Upon returning, I contacted the store manager and his assistant. "Why aren't there public bathrooms?" His reply, "There are chemicals." I then said, "Sir, I am disabled; chemo and radiation damaged my bladder, so I can't go long periods without peeing. If you don't want people to use your toilets, then spend $50 a month on port-a-potties."

I should be noted that I walk with a cane, making the crossing at the busy highway even more dangerous (there is no stop light). Goodwill should allow disabled customers to use the bathroom at the Florence, Oregon store. If this is not possible, then the store should install portable pit toilets outside, so disabled folks don't have to risk their lives, crossing a major highway.

I used to go to the Goodwill for their % off certain color tags sale until I went there one day and they were removing all pants with that color tag. I asked what's going on and the mgr. said that they rotate their stock. I'm like why only the sale tags? What a crock of greedy **. Shame Goodwill.

My issue is a very simple one. The cashier was a very nice gentleman who asked me if I would like to donate money for a training program Goodwill Store is raising money for. I say yes and give him $4. But I as I leave I think to myself - why am I being asked to donate money to an organization that had received about $200 worth very sellable clothing and appliances from me last week? More importantly why is Goodwill Store soliciting more money from me when they sell used product that they don't have to pay to purchase? I thought that was one of the uses of the revenue they generate is to train people. I just think both Goodwill Store and others like them are getting pretty greedy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?

I was shopping at the Loganville Georgia Goodwill store today (July 21, 2017), when I found a very nice round rug made in India, but there was no tag on it. I was so excited about this rug. I took it to the front to check out. The cashier told me that I could not purchase the rug without a tag on it. So, I said -- price the rug now. The cashier then told me the rug would have to go to the back to be priced and would return to the floor 24 hours later. I asked if they would put my name on it -- I was told no. I asked if they could call me when the rug was placed back out on the floor -- I was told no.

I asked to speak to a manager about this, because if an item makes it to the floor and a customer is there willing to buy the item we should be allowed to buy it. A manager should have been able to price the item. The manager was very rude and was unwilling to help me -- period! So, why do you have managers if they can't help us with getting a price. As I was walking out the door, another Goodwill employee told me that she had seen the price tag on the rug for 29.00 dollars. I again asked the manager could I buy rug based on their employee seeing the price -- I was told no again.

I feel like the manager wanted the rug herself after she saw it and I didn't stand a chance on getting. Well, Goodwill get this -- I have donated over $10,000 worth of merchandise to you over the last few years -- but I WILL NEVER GIVE YOU ANYTHING AGAIN! After reading all of the very negative reviews, I feel like Goodwill has become a very greedy company only out to make its owners richer -- and you could care less about the less fortunate.

Goodwill just changed their policies on discounts. They used to have 50% discount on Wednesday for seniors. You have to realize that seniors for the most part are on very limited income. I used to go to Goodwill for NECESSITIES. However, without that discount and now only 20% I can get what I need new at Walmart for the same prices. I am really sorry that they implemented this new policy.

Good morning, I have been a customer of the Goodwill Industry for over forty years. I frequent the Lodi store often. Finding this store to be reasonable in their pricing, great location and above reproach when it comes to cleanliness. I promote this store on a continuous basis and on this day, my family gathered, I took a family member who was visiting to the Lodi location. My family member was excited because she knows I don't boast on anything that is not right.

We get to the Lodi location, look around, I find many items for self. Looking up to see where my family member is located, I find myself being witness to an item falling from the top shelf and hitting her in the head. There's a young lady with her child who lunges forward to interfere with the item also hitting her small daughter. Both adults look shocked and speak about the danger of certain items being on upper shelves. Neither persons were handling items on the said shelf. My family member requested to see a manager stating her head was starting to hurt. One of the associates left to get the manager. After 15 minutes of waiting for the manager to come out from the back, I ask another associate to please go and retrieve her/him.

I continue to calm my family member. Finally, the manager as she (PAO - pronounced POW) introduced herself, came and spoke to my family member. My family member asked for her to make an incident report and shared the danger of large unstable items on the top shelf. The manager left with the promise of returning. It took some time for her to return. The manager took the report and didn't seem to know the correct procedure or adequately be able to verbally communicate effectively. She did take comfort in having another associate at her side, whom laughed behind her back and looked amused when she tried to be of managerial material.

In the end, there were several missing information or incomplete. In the waiting for the final rendition of the incident report, I went to the car and called customer service, talking with a rep. named Anthony. I repeated the problem at hand. Anthony was in awe when told of the 20 minute wait for the manager to come from the back. I told him we were still waiting again for her to go and make a copy, this being another 15 minute or more wait. The rep. instructed for me to call headquarter which he gave me the number to please go and get the manager. We waited another five minutes for her to come out with her entourage following. One of the associate came from the back by herself and just stared us down-not saying anything just staring us down. Wow!

Pao returns finally, with the report which has not been changed to specify the correct account of the incident or input of the correct information as she said she would. She states she has done enough and there would be no change. She also states, after I ask again, that she is not the manager. She states nervously that she is just looking after the store while having the supposed manager on speaker phone (her personal cellphone). I asked, "Why have you been telling us for the last hour that you were the manager?" I already understood why she had been telling us this; she took the position title in order to handle the immediate issue at hand, not knowing the title comes with an ability to comprehend English in its entirety. I even ask her did she speak Spanish because we could of spoke to her in this language. She stated she didn't speak Spanish.

While she was speaking, her associate who had been by her side, had the look of: What are you going to do now? She stood and looked in amusement. The phone was eventually given to my family member and she spoke with real manager. All the while standing at the cash register, on speaker phone and in front of many customers. I was speaking to the Pao asking her; when her and the other associates turn to go to the back of the store did I hear, “She hit her head and then you all started laughing?". Quickly she said it didn't happen but when I told her I was looking right at them when the statement was made and laughter was heard. She said, "Sorry". The associate whom was being designated to stay by her side, bucked her eyes and twisted her lips in a half smile. The look that said "Well, she got you there".

Pao was not in a good place as she raised her voice to me, I quickly cut her off and let her know that her anger or fight was not with me, and it would be wise to keep it this way. The (real) manager said, "Who is that talking?" I then take the phone from my family member who is now frustrated by all the wait tactics from the employees. I state who I am and asked his position. He tells me he is the manager of the store; this explains the delay response earlier from Pao on her true position. He asked was I there or did I see what happened. I tell him yes, that the injured came with me to the store. He then wants to know how could I have seen what happened. I quickly tell him that the store is adequately lit, has no objects that forbid me from seeing across the store and is favorable in cleanliness.

What I said must not have been to his liking. He then gets haughty and states that I might not have see correctly. I am offended by this and the fact that we are still on speaker which leaves the gathering customers intrigued. I tell him in a "you are crossing many boundaries" voice: "If your comprehension level is not up to par today, then maybe I should give the phone back to your improperly trained employee, who should not have been left to her own devices while watching the store on her own". He then says, "Yes, you should give the phone back to her". At this point, I share again that this is taking far too long and that I don't have all this time to be dealing with this issue or rudeness. The whole time that I am speaking, the rep. for Goodwill is still on the phone. He tells me to surely call corporate and let them know what has transpired. He apologizes over and over again.

We leave because my mother is calling and the family is waiting on us. I reiterate that I will be calling corporate headquarter. I call corporate on Monday the 3rd and get an answering service which messages can't be left. There is no name to associate with the directory. I try calling between seeing my patients. After six to seven tries, I finally, call customer service and asked for another headquarters in a different region. After sometime in explaining the reason for asking, the rep. (Aaron) finally gives me a number after 23 minutes. I call and get a delightful named young lady named Mya. I tell her my problem and the prior experiences that bring me to this point. Mya is responsive and takes information which will be escalated to the appropriate person.

I have taken these minutes, hours to write this. I am without words on how devastated this incidence has made me feel. I have been satisfied with the Goodwill for over 40 years. This has put me in a state of mind of regret. To say nothing on how upset my family member was; I had to apologize to her . She was so upset, on top of having an aching head, that she could not even eat on our return to the house. She was truly upset and swore she should have never went into the Goodwill.

Called on 7/6/17 to customer service. Aaron answered the phone. I told him of my previous phone calls on 7/2/17, 7/3/17, 7/5/17. He told me to go to the website. I told him that I had already did that and to just give me a corporate number in any region. He told me his opinion. I asked for a number six to seven times. He then proceeded to tell me that I knew nothing about how Goodwill worked. He said he knew more than me. Then he said, “Don’t have me hang up on you.” I hang up. I call back and it’s him again. I asked to talk to his supervisor. He says they’re busy. I asked for the supervisor’s name. He says hold on and come back and says "George". I say "George’s last initial." He says ** and hangs up. I await a response.

They have this stores in expensive locals and they really get high with the prices. They put one price for lets say pants, shirts and same items. Well, they are not even close to the same condition so why they all cost the same. Also, designer stuff like Coach, or Michael Kors, they sell it almost as the price that in a store. You find this old worn out purses that wouldn't worth more than $500 for over $20.00. Also, they are not well skilled handling customers. I found a purse the attendant gave it to me from behind the counter with a price it was reduced. Then I got another attendant in the line and the passed me like I had changed the price. I didn't argue, just told her to keep it. Compare to Family Thrift they are way behind. Also, they are not really non- profit or for the benefit of the poor. It belongs to a huge rich corporation.

I've always loved shopping at thrift stores like Goodwill. In the last year I've noticed that many of the items I have always bought at Goodwill were as expensive as buying new at Walmart or Ross. Sports bras, leggings, and even personal hygiene items are either the same price or more! I even asked a retail associate to look up a price on an unopened box of panty liners because it was the same regular price at several of the local retailers and she told me, "That is the price they've decided on and I have no ability to change it!". Did I say "Not for Profit?" earlier? I don't donate to them anymore which is a shame since I've donated almost exclusively to them for over 35 years.

So I go in on Saturday they have a spend $25 get 25% off. They advertise it over the loud speaker. I go to check out and the sale changed to you get a coupon for your next purchase. I look at my receipt and I have to use it within 2 days. I CALL IT BS! Do they really expect me to go back in 2 days just to use a coupon I earned with my own money RIDICULOUS! First of all Goodwill has gotten so greedy that everything is way over priced I mean REALLY! A pair of used jeans $9.99 and up. Wow I can go to Marshall's or Ross and buy a new pair for less. I am a bargain/clearance shopper and I love to spend but I cannot be a willing spender at these prices. I use to drive to other side of town just to go to the Goodwill stores and now there is one just down the street from me. I went on grand opening day. I bought a few high end purses or so I thought for around $40, $50 bucks. Coach/Gucci and found they are all fakes. Wow!

How is it that they can get away with this. So since then I said "Forget this I will take my business some where else". I have only been to this Goodwill store 3 times since they opened I don't go across town either. I was a big spender at Goodwill. Well not any more. I buy online from high end stores and always find great items on clearance from clothing to make up to soap and by the way I have never seen a full parking lot at the new Goodwill store here in Henderson and I have overheard many other complain about the high prices at the Goodwill store when I am at Smith's, Walmart and other stores. This just goes to show how right I am about the prices at the Goodwill now.

Won't surprise me if the store closed for good in the near future. They built a whole new building even though there is an empty building across the parking lot where the Food 4 Less used to be. What a waste of money. GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY. LAST WORD OF ADVICE FOR GOODWILL DON'T SELL USED UNDERGARMENTS (PANTIES). THAT'S JUST NASTY.

Goodwill Store, RENO, NV. Went in store, prices was doubled to price at home in Arkansas. Clothes was not that good, could tell they was used a lot. Shirts here $4.50, at home like new $2.50. Pillowcase $1.99 for 2, home 2 for $.50 cents. At home everything is almost new items, store in RENO had trashy items, charging price as new like Wal-Mart. My thinking all Goodwill are to charge the same price in all stores across the United States. This store 2424 Oddie Blvd, Reno, NV was not a good store. I walked around looking for t-shirts, reg. shirts and women's clothes, had nothing worth buying. Clothes they had I cut up for grease rags. Need lower those prices. Goodwill is to help poor people. These people running this store trying to make big money to pocket it, prices way too high for poor people. They can go to Walmart buy same thing but not same price. I will not go to another Goodwill while I am here in Fernley, NV. Long drive to Reno.

When shopping for clothing on a particular day and the price tag of the day is nowhere to be found in the store. I was told by employees at several different stores in multiple counties that the night before a sale all that they do is remove the color that is going to be for the day so there may be 5 to 10 items in one entire store. Or items that are with that color or just so outlandish and so few and far between you cannot find them. Mysteriously and miraculously there is an abundance of every other color. How can they say they're doing good for the community when they're making people who can afford to shop at Goodwill pay regular store prices? I think someone should sue them for fraud. And investigate them for fraudulent practice.

I use to LOVE shopping at Goodwill. I'm a firm believer in recycling and love to give back however, I have decided to give (along with my friends and family I can convince) to Salvation Army instead. You would think because the items are donated, Goodwill wouldn't try to make a fortune off others free goods. I have also notice ALL the overpriced stuff! Not moving? I'm wondering: Are others thinking the same way I do? I pick up something I like only to discover I can get it at Walmart for less the price. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. I don't normally write reviews but I find this to be an important one! Shouldn't you encourage people to want to shop at Goodwill? Goodwill - Good-riddance.

Has anyone noticed lately that the stores (as in bricks and mortar) now are just filled with junk the people cannot sell at their garage sales? There is a very good reason for this. Goodwill has launched their own eBay site and now anything that is worth anything is now on there. This isn't right, people are donating these items for the poor to be able to afford something that still has a use and Goodwill now is making tens of millions off this money making scheme. Go look for yourself. http://shopgoodwill.com That is NOT RIGHT! This is supposed to be a charity, not another Walmart.

I asked an associate at the Orland Park, IL store on 5/31/17 which used to have shelves of very high quality shoes, "Where are all the shoes?" as the shelves were just about empty and the only stuff left on there was just junk that really belonged in the garbage that they wanted about 10 bucks a pair or higher for. I was told by the associate, "Oh those are all online now." That is BS! So now, a pair of decent shoes for the poor require a poor person to first have a computer which many don't, then they need a credit card or PayPal account, then they get to bid against people with high paying jobs that would typically not step foot in one of those stores because they found the item through Google which brought them to their site? That is not right! Greed at its best.

My grandmother has a service dog with her for pain. The employees told her she could not have her dog in the store even if she is a service dog (which is against the law) so my grandmother left the store to wait outside. I remained in the store since I was not done shopping. The employees, three women, continued to speak rudely about my grandmother even after she had taken her (SERVICE) dog out of the store as they had asked her to. Terrible experience. We are never going back to that location and I'm filing complaints with as many of their web pages as I can.

My experience was horrible as it was the first time that I had come into the Sanford store. The store had just opened up and a big heavy set blonde girl comes in and apparently the GM/Manager, yelling at two other employees that this is not how she wanted her store done. I felt terrible for the one she was yelling at as this one was just continuously telling her she was sorry and began crying.

Then skinny cashier that was helping me first of all made me wait for her to get back around the counter as she had to get involved with this general manager and her attitude. When she finally did go to take care of me she went to hand me the money but then turned AGAIN, away for me to then carry-on about how this manager has really bad anxiety but that she's going to be OK. In the meantime I'm reaching my hand out waiting for my money still, but this skinny older lady with really short hair could not get it together. And apparently neither can the store's general manager. It's was ridiculous the way they all carried on!

Goodwill is taking away the MGB plan that helped many with the five dollar coupon, saying the new card system they have is not working right. Now they are saying, "We will give you double credits on your card when you buy something." Their prices are so high on items that they get for free and are not worth the price they place on them. In April I had used my Goodwill card and the five dollar coupon was right there. Now in May I was told, "We are changing the system, and have sent out letters to you about that."

We always hear the commercials they claim they help people and are asking us to donated gently used clothing and in good shape items. They make it sound like a consignment shop when it is mainly them that get the benefit. The CEO there is a millionaire. If the card is not working out for the MGB plan then they should just easily go back to the blue coupons. Goodwill is taking advantage of our donations, we need to speak up and get the customer benefit back.

I am a disabled Senior, and this has happened to me 2 times now in Springfield, Oregon Goodwill. I promise as of today 5/9/2017, I will not go back to Goodwill and shop. The item (halogen lights) I bought was 6.69, and then the register lady takes off the price sticker and tells me it is the wrong sticker, calls the manager and they say I can't have the item for that price after already paid for. Then the manager said, "A child must of changed the ticket price on this item." Me & my husband said, "No a kid didn't do that," so they didn't give me the item for the price I paid for it. I said, "This is the second time this has been done to me at this store. I am very embarrassed, and now you're gonna take the item back." I said, "I am never shopping here again."

I told them that their store is too ridiculous on their prices. They wanted to charge me $19.99 for the same item I just had bought for $6.99. I said, "No I want my refund back into my account, and I am never shopping here again." I told them my pastor told us that he went into this same store and for a pair of used boots, warn a lot they wanted $79.99 for them. Twice I have had this happen to where they take the tags off and say it's not the right price, and change the price right in front of me. That is just wrong. Good Bye Goodwill, never again will you get a penny from me again. Then when you pay for the item, they always want to round up for the workshop program. I can see why they need rounding up. Because if they keep changing prices at the checkout, no one wants to go back.

I am so disappointed in Goodwill and their prices. What I enjoyed about shopping in Goodwill was searching for bargains! They have put all bargains online and prices have gotten ridiculous. I have many times seen NWT items priced LESS at the store than Goodwill is asking! They should be ashamed these items are FREE to them and "rounding up" that is greed who asks customers to pay for their help! Greed!

I can't believe the prices at Goodwill. The prices on clothing cost more than new clothes from Walmart. Additionally, they always ask if you want to "round-up" from the purchase price as yet ANOTHER donation to them. I purchased a sweater from them for $7.99. After tax came to about $8.80. I told the cashier, "yes, go ahead and round it up to $10.00." Imagine my surprise when I got home and realized she had "rounded-up" the price to $20.00. So I basically gave them an $11.00 donation on an $8.00 purchase. When I went back to the store, they refused to refund my money. Also, if you buy anything electronic, take it out of the box or packaging and make sure they plug it in for you to see if it works. I bought a handheld carpet shampooer; when I got home and opened the box it was cracked and useless, and should have been tossed by the store. It should have never ended up on a shelf.

I won 2 items for my son from Santa Ana Goodwill Auction and promptly paid for them. Usually I wait until I purchase at least a couple of items before I schedule a pickup so it saves time and gas. Well fast forward a couple of weeks and I finally bid and win some more items and schedule a pickup date and time. When I arrive for my scheduled pickup appointment I am informed that the 2 items I won for my son have been disposed of and there would not be a refund due to the fact that I didn't pickup within 30 days of winning the item. The money I paid was now considered a "donation". The women working informed me that it states in fine print that I only have 30 days to pick up the item and it's my loss. Very disappointed and upset but felt the need to warn others.

Goodwill in Kapolei Hawaii bears the name Harry and Jeanette Weinberg. Big names on Oahu HELPING the community. This Goodwill Store designates certain days during the week for discounts like senior, military, student etc. People on fixed incomes will shop accordingly. However the store is selective to which items those discounts apply! Extremely deceitful don't you think. It gets better. When you check up, the cashier is trained to ask you to round up to the nearest dollar. So they have a whole warehouse of donations, overcharge for their items, falsely advertise their discounts and still beg for more money. I have been interested in items that they mark up $2-$10 above another store tag they forgot to remove. Let me rephrase that last comment... Uneducated enough to cover their deceitful actions. I guess the name speaks for itself. Next time I will include pics.

I'm writing this reluctance & shocked letter. This letter is regarding a formal complaint against one of your Castle Rock, CO employees named Audrey a cashier. Her customer service skills are very disrespectful and I felt as if race also played a part as well. Let me say I have always like shopping in this Goodwill and have never by any other employees been treat in such a manner. Each week it's always have a color that allow the product to be sold for less as checking out. Audrey the cashier start snatching items and stated "I can't sell this for this price" and stated that she had to send these items back to pricing person.

So I ask if I could speak with a manager because I knew all these items has the pink tags some with white clear stems, some with black stems and some with pink stems but carried a pink ticket. So in asking the manager Angel "what process is used to send your merchandise back to the warehouse for pricing." "These are donations." And how she would snatch these items back not to be sold or brought by me because neither one could explain how Audrey could snatch items from me and make a decision not allowing me to purchase those items for the color of the week and making a statement that she can do that if she feels as if these items were tamper with.

I ask her "Are you accusing me?" Then got real quiet and stated "That's what you was saying." And told the young lady Audrey "Are you saying that because I'm woman of color?" She refused to clear it up. I never been treated in that manner. Such incidents make the company prone to racism profiling lawsuits. I suggest that Goodwill response quickly to this matter by letter or phone and apology.

We are a family of seven, with five growing children. So, since the children grow quickly, we often find several of their outdoor play clothing at Goodwill to help with the overall cost. The prices with Goodwill have not only continued to grow, it has gotten to a point that I would rather go across the street to Walmart to pay for a brand new shirt rather than save a dollar and have a used one with some stains.

The BIG kicker has been on three occasions the past couple months where my wife or I have found clothing with the original price tag on them. Guess what?? The price of Goodwill was more expensive than the price on the tag. (Now in transparency, two of them were sale prices - but the cost at Goodwill was still more expensive.) We even took pictures to show others... very sad!! Goodwill should be ashamed of the prices they have. Not only this but now their "better quality" is at a price I quit buying and go to Walmart! Although we can pay these prices, there are families out there that can't... Isn't that what you are supposed to do - help other families?? Disappointed in Goodwill!!!

This is something that has been going on for over a year. The manager Damien and his associates are holding merchandise for a black family that resells at the flea market. They exchange money for the favor. The family that is involved is very rude to other customers. This manager Damien has been spoken to by many customers but tails them. If you don't like it go to another store. He is very rude to customers. Any town he works on Saturday or Sunday you can smell alcohol all over him. Something needs to be done with this location.

Goodwill Store, Wooster, OH - If I could rate with NO STARS, I would! Shopping with friends last week. I have only shopped at Goodwill twice before. My one friend is an AVID shopper at thrift stores, 2 days a week, every week. We split up to different depts. I went to housewares to browse. I found ceramic measuring cups with the Hallmark logo stamped on the bottom... no price! There was an employee down the same aisle with me, stocking shelves. I politely asked if she could get me a price. She said she would need to go in back to check with her supervisor. As she was walking away, she was looking the cups over and noticed a tiny chip on the bottom of one of the cups, maybe the size of the head of a Q-tip! She showed me and mentioned it to me, as if to ask if I still wanted a price. I said it was okay.

While she was gone, I continued to browse and noticed several drinking glasses and other items with HUGE cracks and chips in them. When the employee returned, she was walking away, not looking at me, continuing to walk as she abruptly told me, "I checked with my supervisor and because there was a chip on the bottom, the cups had to be destroyed so SHE THREW THEM AWAY!"

I was in SHOCK! Speechless, which is saying a lot for me! When I told my friend, the avid thrift store shopper, what had happened, she couldn't believe it. My friend suggested I probably should have gone to checkout and asked the cashier to get me a price! We both agreed, either the employee OR the "supervisor" decided to keep those cups for themselves!!! I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't SPEAK UP and tell this employee that I'M NOT THAT STUPID, but I didn't want to cause a scene in GOODWILL over measuring cups! I was dumbfounded that she returned with such a story!!!

I have complained to Goodwill directly, describing the incident AND the employee in detail! Not that it will do any good, as I see from all the complaints, Goodwill is not an HONORABLE resale shop. Have decided not to EVER go into another Goodwill store OR to donate ONE ITEM to them, which is exactly what I expressed in my complaint to them. Sooner or LATER, everyone's "rope runs out". Hoping Goodwill's rope is SHORT!!!

We went to Goodwill in 6051 White Lane Bakersfield, CA 93309 and it was terrible experience. We tried to buy some DVD's and games. First we ask an employee how much the games were and he said $2.99 but when we went to pay it was $5.99. Different prices in different cashiers. I think many of the cashier are making their own prices on these stuff. I had a past experience also where there was a price tag for an iPad external keyboard for $5.99 and when I went to pay the cashier said this can't be the prices because this is expensive. So she change the price to $19.99 and said, "Are you going to get this?" I left disappointed.

I think some employees in Goodwill are corrupt. These are donated items from people with good heart and want to help but many employees has corrupted it. They should get fired or disciplinary action. Goodwill management should check on this. Some Goodwill even sell their donated stuff at the price like big retail stores like Wal-Mart or much more expensive.

Since I stopped working due to cancer and other medical problems I shopped at Goodwill a lot. It was only fun I had, always returned some stuff for the store credit. I bought Nike boys sneakers for 12.99 dirty but in good shape They did not fit my grandson but I cleaned them anyway and 2 days later went to the store of Hall Blvd and they called to the manager and escorted me out of store and told me it is not from this store. I did not argued and left but I hate that they treated me like a criminal. I did not steal never anything but I do look for the bargains. Next day called corporate office with my real name and info. He said will take care in 3 days and called me back. In 3-4 days went back to shop at another location and in 20 min they called police and escorted me out and told me that I am not permitted to be on their premises.

The problem that I have nothing wrong doing to admit and was treated like an criminal. I wish this people be better. I saw so much how employee take stuff on hold like a mafia but when I asked to hold for me to get more money it was not available. Bad experience. My friend had worst problems. I wish to get a lawyer with other people having problems with Goodwill to get them a lesson. I do know some people who felt offended there just because they are Russian or from Europe. The corporate office staff not pleasant at all. I wish to forget all this crappy experience.

I've been shopping and donating to Goodwill for years. Lately I started seeking out other thrift stores that I can shop at with a decent selection that won't cost me a full week's paycheck. But this is not my reason for writing this review. It was 2 years ago during one of the coldest winters here in San Diego. I was close to closing time and standing in line at the Goodwill store located on Rosecrans in San Diego. While waiting in line a homeless vet came in and asked if they could kindly donate a blanket or a jacket he could use to try and keep warm. He was a sincere, well mannered elderly man. The employee stated that he needed to ask the manager. The employee continued to check people out without calling the manager. After about 5 min standing there he asked if she could please get the manager. With a sick and disgusted look and another 2 min she finally went to the back to get the manager.

When the manager arrived to the front the man excused himself for the interruption and asked if goodwill could donate a blanket to him and that he was vet and was homeless at the time. He pulled out his credentials to show the manager but the manager refused to offer any help and asked if he could leave and that he was disturbing the customers with his presence. I was so furious that I walked out of line went and got a blanket as fast as I could, handed it the kind hearted man and said I wish I could do more.

I then turned around and threw back the items I had in my hand, tossed a 20 to the cashier and said, "That is for the blanket and it will be last thing I will ever purchase from a goodwill ever!" The manager just stood at the door and right before I walked out I told the manager that the only thing disturbing was him! These are our donations! If you can't pay it forward even in the smallest way with something so minimal when really needed Goodwill deserves to get what they give!! NOTHING.

Goodwill Store Company Profile