1.33/5

626 Goodwill Store Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I’ll never tire of this story but a while ago I was in the Goodwill in Hudson NY. This was over a year ago. Records were 1.99 and they never have a sticker of any kind. Anyway, there were some records in a cart up front. Usually the stuff in carts is the “new arrivals”. Anyway my brother looked through them and was going to buy a bunch of them. When we went to checkout the guy was counting how many records we had and then looked at each album and then suddenly stopped. He must have realized the albums we were buying was Elvis Presley-S/T Mono, The Beatles-Something New and Bob Dylan-John Wesley Harding. I think he is the manager. He told him he couldn’t sell us the records. He said he had to take them in the back to be “processed”. He said they would be out in a few days. He then went on to brag how he got a Led Zeppelin Untitled that was sealed that was donated.

A few days later we went back and that whole box of records was never brought out to the floor. To this day those records never made it to the customers. This guy clearly took them home to flip on eBay. Now I realize why I have never found anything decent in this Goodwill. When will Goodwill stop their employees from taking stuff home to flip?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Had charges brought against me for something that I never did wrong. I had paid for an item with my debit card and Goodwill turned against me and said that I stole the item and never paid for it but I have a receipt saying I paid for the item.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018
The first thing I would ask you to do is actually do some research and take a look at how many thousands of associated Goodwill Industries stores there are in this country now. I'm sure this started as a good idea. I know I remember donating things to Goodwill 30, 40 years ago, and it was really appreciated. And they took everything. And they gave it away if they couldn't sell it. That's not what they're doing now. They're picking and choosing when you go there. They're telling you, "We don't have the room" or "We can't sell this." They don't even have the courtesy to make the donor feel good like they've done something good for the people. They just send them away. They take what they want, pick and choose, and send them away. They're paying the supervisors, regional managers and who knows who else quarter of a million dollars a year to actually administer these stores, and take care of the regions and areas. Something is wrong here. So, what I suggest is, find a single local charity like I started and used to work for - still in existence after 50 years, not related to donations, but related to something else - and give them directly whatever it is you have to offer. I'm sure they'll take it. They'll take it with a good heart. And they won't just sell it. They'll give it to someone if they can't sell it. Unfortunately, it appears that Goodwill Industries has become nothing more than another business under the guise of a nonprofit trying to help people. So, that's all I'd like to say about that. So, bless you all and good luck. Bye-bye.
Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

While at the Carrollton, Ohio Goodwill I was looking at shoes. There was an off brand of a shoe that was $30!!! I looked the shoes up online and for retail, brand new, the price was just under $20! I then was looking at a gaming headset that was priced at $49.00 that you can buy online for anywhere from $15 to $25!! I just don't understand this since people donate to Goodwill for free and then others shop there for their families because of low income. I have been in quite a few Goodwills and I have never seen the prices jacked up so high as in Carrollton.

As a consumer, I myself and some friends have decided we will no longer shop at this Goodwill - they are taking advantage of the people in this small community and it is unfair. They are taking donations then selling it back at a ridiculous price. If I can look up a price of an item in just a few minutes then why don't the workers do the same? I am very sad for this store to be taking advantage of the area residents - it's not right!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

GOODWILL CLEARANCE CENTER ON HAYWOOD ROAD in Greenville, SC needs to close!!! The evening manager continues to allow hazardous items such as mold, broken glass, sharp wood, wet clothing and items that contain needles, etc inside the facility for customers to dig through. The manager allows children to run around without shoes!!! Afterwards, she goes to prepare food at the Subway connected to the center. Popping, chewing gum and talking while trying to explain policies does not make good for business. This place has the poorest customer service. It is the management's fault for my review. Please close this place!!! GET EDUCATED MANAGERS and reopen!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have a friend who is an avid Goodwill Store shopper. I purchased a gift card for her in Georgia and sent it to her in Fla. She has been unable to use it at any Goodwill Store. She sent the card back to me to see if I could use where I bought it. I used a magnifying glass to read the writing on the back of the card that says I need to activate it. I have tried in vain to do so. I found a place where you can check your balance but it says my card has too many numbers on the back and won't take it. Could not find anything that said activation. Goodwill owes me $30 for a useless card.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I am a frequent shopper at the Goodwill in Forest Lake MN. I stopped there and spent approximately 2 hours picking out pants, shirts and blouses. I had just finished trying on the items which was probably around $100.00 or more and came out to find that the items I had just tried on and the shopping basket they were in were gone. Apparently taken away by the store employee to keep the floor clean. The shopping basket was at the end of the dressing room just outside the wall and wasn't in anyone's way. I took 5-6 items in at a time and then would put them back in the basket and then would take 5 more to try on. I have done this numerous times and never had this happen.

I was very angry and asked to speak to the manager. The manager apologized and said, "I don't know what I can do. We were just trying to keep the floor area clear and all the items that were in your basket have probably been put back." I informed the manager that I would never shop at this store again and will inform everyone I can to not shop here!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Bought several items and Goodwill did sent or give me back money. I have been a shopper several years with Goodwill, but lately they have gotten very bad on sent items (jewelry) out and reselling it. It's pretty bad when you want to help a company like them. Then they pull this. Just need help getting across a message to them.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I purchased an item that was described as "wearable/Resaleable" and the item is defective. I contacted them to return the item and they refused to take it back. The amber pendant is full of cracks and covered in scratches on the outside. If you buy from them think of your spent money as a donation because you will never get your money back.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I’m a frequent Goodwill shopper. I live in Central Ohio, meaning I mostly shop stores near Columbus. I live East, so I am close to the Pickerington store. It’s small, but well stocked and I always find a few bargains. Recently, a friend told me about the Buckeye Lake store, which is large. I found things there, of course, but when I checked out, my bill was very high. I asked for my senior discount, but was told they only give it one day a week. That’s nonsense. I’m old every day of the week. I looked at my receipt and discovered that their pricing is totally different from the stores I’ve been shopping. Buckeye Lake is not a very affluent neighborhood, by and large. I can see no justification for the higher prices. I would be interested in knowing why this is...

Original review: June 26, 2018

I am a frequent shopper of the Goodwill in Portsmouth Virginia and, over time, I’ve been noticing that the prices are not “thrifty” considering this is a thrift store. There was a plastic planter marked $2.25 that I’ve seen at the dollar store for $1.00. Another time, I saw a vacuum cleaner marked $35. When someone confronted them about their prices and that an item could be found in another store for less, the employee said they have a pricing guide of what an item costs in another store and that’s how they price items. This is clearly not true because if it was, a planter from the dollar tree that’s $1.00 would not costs $2.25 in Goodwill.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I took a carload of goods into the Lexington SC, Sunset Blvd. store Sun. 6/24/18. The lady that assisted me did not lift a hand to help me take the items out of my car, never said thank you. Goodwill employee needs to think about why they have a job. She acted as if she was doing me a flavor. I will be giving to other organizations, I don't have to take that kind of attitude. ''Never again'' ungrateful.

Original review: June 23, 2018

For the past few months that I have been shopping at the Goodwill, the prices are getting more and more steep. Today, I saw a painting for $35. A random person drew two giraffes and framed it, it cost $19.99, a beat up stereo $35 and the speakers each costing $15.00 a piece- not even sold as a set so the whole thing cost $60. This is the Goodwill in Jamaica Plain Massachusetts. I find that the Goodwill on, Melnea Cass Blvd Ma. has hiked up the prices as well. Jeans cost 7.49 for the regular and the name brand jeans are much more (I'm not sure how much more). I think this is ridiculous. I'm wondering if the store was told to do this by headquarters or the separate stores deciding on their own to do this.

I've always spent my money in these stores and have donated some stuff as well. I like that the money helps low income families while making a profit for other programs they run but it seems they are now trying to make a profit off of the low income people to make a profit and this just isn't right. (I wish I took pictures but please check it out yourself. I'm so disappointed.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We bought several things from Goodwill W. Wendover Ave. Greensboro, clothes, summer clothes, pictures, books... and this paper... 2 packs of expensive 3 ring binder graphed paper. Neither pack made it into my bag. I went back to see where it was put because not in my bag. Instead of looking I was offered a refund. CLEARLY stolen from the young woman cashier who must not have realized it was out on the sales floor and decided she wanted it. WOW.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I’ve shopped at many Goodwills for years, I’ve never ran into more issues than the one located at MacDade in Delaware County. Managers and employees pass with the wind. What happened today is what made me finally have enough of the embarrassment, and rudeness from them. I shopped for literally hours talking to friendly employees and waiting on more items to come out in the big bins they push out, I go to check out and one of the items I have is a pressed glass punch bowl, I found laying on the ground behind a bin and not even on a shelf, it had four punch cups that matched and broken glass in it, that almost cut me.

I put it in my basket and inspect it, it had fifteen dollar tag marked “set” on the bowl and each cup was marked “set” too, I continue shopping to find three more punch cups matching it, they all had one dollar tags “each”, one cup had clearly been chipped badly underneath, and few seem to have internal cracks in the handles, so I was now left with an odd number of cups, seven. Later on shopping I just happened to find the base to the punch bowl behind some electronic equipment, it may have had a tag too for a “set” that was ten or fifteen dollars.

I then find pressed plates that appear to have similar star pattern base all marked as a ten dollar “set”. I go to check out and I already have two items purchased which I offered to wrap, I said “I have a set of glass”. She goes “OH, You going to be forever”. She turns to the lady behind me and says “come on”. I said “wait”. The cashier says “she only got this”, pointing to two paperback novels, the lady holding them says “oh that’s fine really, I can wait...” I said “na, that’s alright. You can go”. I was so taken back that in the middle of me ringing up my stuff, she volunteers someone to go ahead of me, I was literally moving something outta the way and she already assumed I was going to take so long that she has the right to take another customer, It was truly the principle, she should’ve asked me first before tell the lady to go ahead.

Beside this cashier rolls her eyes at you if you ask her to price check the smallest things that may got broke since they’ve been out, so I back getting rung up and the cashier says “you gotta box?” I said “out in the car. Want me to go get it?” She says “no”. She leaves then comes back, so it comes time to put the punch bowl and all pieces that appear to go with it, up on counter for the cashier who I thought I had made a good relationship with from frequently shopping all of a sudden sees the plates that said ten dollars a “set” and says “OH NO, NO, NO there’s no way they marked ten dollars, No, No, No, I don’t think so, I marked these myself, and they were twenty five dollars for this punch bowl set”. She is yelling angrily at me, and refusing to allow me to even speak, so I go, “take a look for yourself, I go look at each thing there is marked individually”. She turns her back on me and storms away without even acknowledging a word.

Meanwhile there’s a massive line forming, and not one person would even look me in the face, they were all embarrassed for me, you could see the disgust in their faces, as if I was some criminal changing price tags. So a man from the back comes up and asks the cashier to calm down, it going to be alright, you would think a horrific crime was just committed. He says to me “I’m sorry, but this set will have to be reprocessed and repriced”, and I said “what? That’s the price that’s on them, that’s what they're priced, there’s not one tag that says twenty five dollars anywhere on this set, I had to re-piece this thing together”.

That’s when cashier was calling me a liar, and said “I put all that out together, it was all one”, and I reiterated the same sentiments, the man then took the box containing everything into the back. I now told the cashier I don’t want the rest of the stuff in my cart, and proceeded to check out. After leaving the register in embarrassment I bagged up my things myself for I didn’t want this cashier touching my things as she complains and does a horrible job wrapping my glass items, and didn’t even offer to bag my stuff, so I just did it myself to allow the line to move on. I proceed to the back and spoke with a manager who I was told came back temporarily because the normal manager has vanished for going on two weeks without a word.

I told him the situation, he was polite and said that it’s unfortunate but someone must’ve switched the tags, I said to him “you're telling me that someone switched the tags on a punch bowl, base, seven each individually marked cups, and set of plates and then decide to scatter it about and not even buy it? That’s so absurd, why would that happen? There wasn’t one item marked twenty five dollars in that whole lot, there were a few punch cups with a dollar on them", I said. So manager shrugs his shoulders and says, "We’re trying to crack down on this and we’ve hired in store security," I said “good, so I want you to review your tapes, and see what happened, go review them”, he said “ok, I will do that”, I said “so what’s going to happen to my the stuff I wanted? You going to put it out here repriced for someone else to purchase when I leave?” He goes “No, I will have the guy do it right now”.

He then pushed door open to back room and told guy to reprice for me, right now. He told me it should be out shortly, I left store, to put my purchases in car, and waited. When I re-entered the manager was at the front, he said, "It over there in the box on counter," I couldn’t believe my eyes, it was now not even what the cashier who says she priced it at twenty five dollars, but now at an outrageous price of forty-five dollars! I shook my head and said “how did it become forty five dollars?" He said “that’s just the price they came up with in the back”. I said “you know what? That’s ridiculous, did you explain to her (the cashier) there wasn’t one tag for twenty five dollars on any of the pieces, and that they were all marked?”

I was hoping perhaps for an apology but he didn’t even say anything to her, but I’m sure she heard me, I told that manager “I may been willing to pay a little more than ten dollars because there were different prices, but I’m not paying forty-five dollars”. He then said “you know, I maybe able to take ten dollars off but that’s about it”. I said “nope, you need to review your footage, because you can clearly see it was not all together and marked twenty five dollars”. I then left, and I completely am sick of them trying to treat customers as criminals because they go through four different employees a month, most of whom are convicted criminals who are there out on community service to lighten the sentence, and these are the people who are going to appraise the free items donated in good condition, that end up being neglected, kicked, shoved, thrown in bins.

It’s a shame that so much of this stuff is broken out of pure ignorance, and carelessness. I had an issue before when the manager openly admitted that items marked as “sets” maybe not “sets” by incompetent employees, just because they can’t find the rest of the set, they say it must be a mistake with the price gun, and I told them that so many of these items I pick up all have “set” on them so you need to honor that and get me the other one or adjust the price at least since someone broke, bought, or lost the other one(s). But they go “no we aren’t going to do that, I’m sorry it’s our new trainees. They don’t know how to use the price guns, I wish we’d get rid of those guns altogether”, and I said I “understand some things may have been mistaken as sets but not one bookend, or one candle stick, it’s very likely there were probably two”.

Then the manager goes “no we wouldn’t have marked them as sets, my customers buy them as single items”. That’s when I said “your customers want only one of a pair of matching candlesticks or bookends, and you wouldn’t mark those types of things as sets?” She goes “yep, I can tell by its price whether it should be a set, if it's under five dollars it's not ever going to be marked set, so these things that are three dollars are mismarked”. I then just looked at her in disbelief and said “do you realize as a customer, how complicated all this is, and how no one would assume any of this, and that this is a lot to take in”. She goes “I just explained it to you, and I can’t do anything about it." She goes, "I can’t take anything off the price”. I said “you're assuming some things were mismarked, but it's very likely what I said about someone buy, breaking, losing the item is likely too”.

She refused to do anything because of their own employees' mistakes and instead think it's fair for me to understand their warped dysfunctional pricing issue which she keeps up in her head (the manager). These people think they're antique dealers and they take anything they choose and determine to be valuable and send it back to their main corporation to be sold online for maximum profits. The customer is left with items that can’t be shipped, such as a broken piano that they asked one thousand dollars for or a telescope that’s six hundred dollars, furniture that’s always being sold for absurd prices, broken glass and porcelain that’s being compared to rare items on eBay which are “asking” not being “sold for” things that in the vaguest ways perhaps resembled an item that the goodwill possessed, so therefore they label the items to be competitive with eBay.

You really can’t say you're a thrift store and place a one thousand dollar price tag on a used, beat up, treadmill with who knows how many hours on it and what kinda repairs it needs, and think your customer base which consists of undereducated, underfinanced, and many times just about homeless veterans and citizens have the ability or means to purchase an item anywhere the fraction of that. It’s very sad that things you wish your community to have get boxed up and shipped out for goodwill to profit off of. And yet no professionals are used, and yet three different people could come up with three different prices, and not one employee or manager said we need to honor any the tags on the items at the very least. Thank you, for your time. I hope my frustrations were understandable, and everything was caught on camera so please tell me how we can obtain if we are to continue, I do have photo on phone of item and prices.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have found many Target items at Goodwill and they still have the Target clearance price tag and Goodwill prices them higher than the clearance prices. Goodwill production employees have to hit a target number each month and that is determined by how they price items that they get for free. Goodwill also only has one community benefit and that is teaching English to people who speak Spanish. They do not help the community in which they are located. People and companies need to start donating to Salvation Army, which helps the communities that they are in. Salvation Army is a true nonprofit organization, not Goodwill. Please stop shopping and donating to Goodwill, help make a change and share this information with your local politicians and corporations.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Rising costs in 2018. I live in OK. A state that's lowest in pay and economic flourish compared to other states. Also on disability. Went into Goodwill today and paid over 45.00 for 5 items that weren't even name brand or in perfect shape. Not even close. Something has to be done about the scandals with the rising TO NEW AND BRAND NAME CLOTHING COSTS CURRENTLY. LET'S SHUT THEM DOWN AND STOP SHOPPING HERE. I'M DONE!

Original review: May 27, 2018

I went on Sunday (which here is the day a new color goes to 50% off) a few times and noticed very few items with the color of the week which seemed strange to me. In our stores, the colors are in alphabetical order beginning with blue and ending with red -- the current color was blue so I knew the new color would be green.

So, last Saturday at 7pm I went to my local store and literally counted the number of green tagged items in the dress section. All sizes from XS-3X. There were 39 total. I went to the store at 10am on Sunday -- I was first in line -- and made a beeline to the same racks. Total number of green tags -- 6 in all. Where were all the sales items? Got me, but I think it's safe to assume they were pulled from the floor and in their place were many more full-price red tagged dresses. I think it is bait and switch to lure shoppers with a 50% sale come-on and then pull those sale items from the floor, leaving only more $$ items which shoppers, already there, might buy.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Recently paid 10.00 for a coffee pot that didn’t work. Spend a lot of money in Goodwill and have bought several items that were priced too high that didn’t work or were missing parts. If Goodwill is going to mark items to a premium price shouldn’t they have to make sure they work or all parts are there?

Original review: May 20, 2018

Approx. 1:00 drop off. I’ve got a 20’ trailer full of nice household items to donate. Man walks out says “what’s under the tarp,” I reply “household goods mainly. I’m moving into a RV to travel, out of a 4 bedroom house. Can’t take everything so I’m donating.” Man seems to be very upset that I show up & starts telling me items they won’t take. I reply, "Well if you see something you don’t want I’ll leave it on my trailer." He goes gets a box that stands about 4’ high, sits it by a door and tells us to put the stuff in there while they all stand there doing fist bumps and gabbing, & watching from a distance.

My sister stands about 5’4” trying to help me put heavy boxes of stuff in their box. If they would see something they didn’t want they would come tell us. One man comes out saying they won’t take brooms or mops because they're used. I said I used them 1 time each, didn’t like the way they worked and they look brand new. He reply “this is an upscale neighborhood that don’t like used mops or brooms even if it was one time.” I reply “this is Shawnee Kansas sir. This is far away from being upscale unless you come from a 3rd world country.”

The stuff I was dropping off was 100% better than the stuff people were dropping off and what was in their boxes. Employee comes out when I was unloading a very nice bookshelf, that has adjustable middle shelves asking where the pegs were for the shelving. I reply I’m not sure, but pegs don’t cost that much. It was obvious to me that they didn’t appreciate or care that I was making a huge donation of very nice stuff to help support their CEO’s 700,000.00 plus yearly income.

I had a box of different size screws including the big boxes of several sizes of deck screws and they didn’t want those either. Man told me to take them to Habitat for Humanity. I had enough and put the tarp back on and went to Savers thrift store that supports the Boys and Girls clubs in what I call an upscale area NOT Shawnee. Savers was more than happy to unload and take everything except for the paint. Habitat for Humanity didn’t want the screws either but Savers took them. Savers was very grateful and helpful. I have always donated to Goodwill but never again. Worst experience ever giving away nice stuff.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Why are men’s T-shirts priced at $2.99 while women's are $4.99? All categories in men’s clothing are half the price as women’s! Considering the items are acquired by Goodwill at no cost, gender discrimination is the only logical explanation for the difference in price.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Brand New Goodwill Clearance Center on Boutwell Rd, Lake Worth, FLORIDA has become in the last 2 weeks a place where shoppers have to buy a MINIMUM of 11 pounds items at $1.99/lb. So, in order to buy there you have to spend $22 MINIMUM. (11x $2=$22). Required minimum 11lbs on EVERYTHING that can be weighed, except for books. Books are 5 for $2. So, shoppers have to buy EVERYTHING other than books by the required minimum 11 lbs. Ah, and shoppers need a CARD to shop there too. I will be shocked if that whole new ways of doing business at that Goodwill aren't ILLEGAL practice. That Goodwill has become a shopping CLUB. MINIMUM PURCHASE is REQUIRED.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My son was hired at Goodwill and LOVED his job for several months. Then, manager, then assistance manager quit - no notice. No surprise now why that would have happened... New manager and new assistance manager proceeded to systematically, in an uncaring and frankly illegal way began to harass, nag, demand, complain and hound hard workers every day for NO BENEFIT whatsoever of NOTHING!

Not only my son but others with disabilities as well - pushing them until they quit or trumping up unsubstantiated reason to fire them. They treat employees like TRASH, are unable to communicate like adults, discuss disagreements, lie, play games, and used 'back-handed' tricks and childish, unprofessional behavior. It was unreal! Where do they find such idiots and what measures could GOODWILL possibly use to make individuals like these MANAGERS over others? I will never spend a single cent in a Goodwill store - ever - anywhere. And, I recommend that the Fletcher, NC store be shut down and these people get prosecuted for their actions.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I was at the Anderson store at 5:30 and was wanting to get a table there. The tag you take up front to pay was missing. I asked about the item and they said a person has till 9pm to buy it or it will be retagged. I came back at 8:45 (table was still there) and ask if I could buy it and was told no it would be retagged tomorrow for the half off day? I am willing to pay full price tonight but you would not take my money per management? Everything nice in the bigger items had tag missing? How do I know the manager does not take the tags and have his friends buy tomorrow at half off? I have been to the store before and had the cashier ask if anybody has the tag to whatever item over the speaker. Goodwill needs to look into the management they hire.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Manager’s Bad Attitude—Hilton Head SC. I was in Hilton Head with my father when we decided to go thrift shopping. We chose this Goodwill which was a mistake. My dad found an item that he wanted to purchase but it did not have a price so he asked a girl to price it for him and told him it would be coming out of the back shortly. When he saw it coming out he approached the lady “Mary Ann” as he was under the impression that she knew it was being priced for him.

Mary Ann starts to scream at my father so loud I hear her across the store. I go over to my father who was at that time speaking to the girl that sent the item back for pricing. She then walks up to Mary Ann to explain that she had sent the item back for pricing and Mary Ann starts screaming at her. At this point I did a little screaming of my own. Mary Ann is not only rude and disrespectful to customers but also to her coworkers. She obvious doesn’t understand that customers are what fuels her paycheck. My thoughts for Mary Ann is to find another job, get laid, and smoke her one. Aside from Mary Ann everyone there was very friendly.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Crazy prices for shipping and handling fees. Would be better if they offered retractions like eBay that don't jeopardize accounts closure. Buyer beware. Some items may not work from past experiences myself from buying on their old website years ago.

Original review: April 25, 2018

When you go to the Goodwill Store on South Cobb in Smyrna look for one of the assistants Cassie **. She's a delight, professional, a smile on her face and very helpful. Her manager Chris is aware of this, as I spoke with him yesterday. As well that is the very best of all the stores that I shop at... clean... great music... well priced merchandise. Great to have in our neighborhood. Please recognize Cass. Thank you.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I went to the Goodwill located at 4605 Dixie Hwy, Fairfield, OH 45014 tonight (4/19/18) at 8:40 pm. The minute we came in the door we were told they were closing in 15 minutes and we "better hurry." Then in the course of the next 20 minutes we were told 6 times they were closing. Including the whining complaints of an employee wishing they could "kick the customers the heck out of there." 6 announcements/reminders/complaints in 20 minutes. When we got to the front I told the staff and the lead that it had been a miserable shopping experience due to reminders averaging every 3.25 minutes. Plus complaints. I felt harassed. The lead was just as rude as the staff. Then I was stuck in line while two staff members made repeated rude comments to me and the lead argued with me about what I heard and barely anything to correct the staff.

I understand that one of the functions of Goodwill is to train special needs people. But shouldn't there be someone teaching them that has professional skills? I understand people are tired and want to go home. But rude, insulting, name-calling behavior by staff in any place of business is simply unacceptable. I spoke back because I wasn't going to stand there and be a punching bag for the staff. And I regret responding to their rude low-class behavior. However, I feel that things would not have escalated if they simply took my complaint reasonably. If this site is receiving funds as a training center, that money is being misused. No one should be treated the way we were treated tonight.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am semi disabled so work a small store out of my home to provide for my family. My source of sales is from Goodwill Online Auction. Seattle to South Carolina there are HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS items sold. Upon purchase you are charged a "handling fee" and a "shipping fee". It's fraud on the shipping. It will cost 16.20 for three small pieces of jewelry... Flat rate box is 5.90 because post offers discount to businesses. They SEATTLE have duped the buyer trying to survive an additional $10.00. I understand handling but this is illegal. They list weight at 2 lbs and below it shows actual weight at 6 ounces. I am reporting this. Not every store does it. Texas does not and many others. It is said to be NON PROFIT yet many of these stores are FOR PROFIT. Someone needs to look into a class action on this.

Original review: April 10, 2018

When browsing in the local Goodwill I couldn't help but notice the high prices marked on the name brand clothing. 12.98 for jeans and 10.00 for kids' hoodies! For those prices customers can go to the stores and shop the clearance racks! Outrageous!

Goodwill Store Company Information