2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.37/5
Based on 1,138 ratings

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Goodwill Store Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I was at the Goodwill in Louisville KY and have noticed that they have raised their prices like 4 times in the past months. Not only are we in a pandemic but this is items that they get for free. I seen a vase not very big full of costume jewelry that is usually 20 to 30 dollars now 99.99. WOW REALLY NO. That is highway robbery and is making goodwill seem ridiculously greedy. I shop there very regularly and now I'm starting to not over the price markup. Goodwill needs to go back to the simple pricing cause it's supposed to be non profit **. I'm sad over it really. I love the goodwill but not the new prices.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I was at Goodwill in Cleveland Tn & purchased a wicker rocking chair. I pd for the item & explained to the cashier that I would be back to pick up the chair because it would not fit in my car. She then explained that the pickup closed at 5:30 & it was already 5:25. She said it would be fine to come pick it up tomorrow. I show up the next day & spoke to the manager who was there & told her I would have to pick up the chair the following day. Would that be a problem. She looked at my ticket. Told me no. That would be perfectly fine since I came up to the store & communicated with her the reason why.

I get a truck the next day & go to the store to pick up my chair. Showed the employee my ticket & he went to find the chair. After 30 mins of waiting on him to return he tells me that the chair is gone. I asked, "Well where did it go" & he said, "I dont know." He tells me that I will have to get a store credit. I told him no. I wanted my money back. Not a store credit. I then went to the front & asked to speak to a manager & was told she was not there. I explained what happened. Showed her my ticket & wanted my money back. She went to look for the chair again because she couldn't believe the chair was gone. The ticket has to go in a book of who and when it was purchased & there was no record of it. Thank goodness I had my ticket still because the other was gone. They did end up giving me my money back but no sorry or reasoning why this happened. Very frustrating!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I am 67 years old, have been a loyal Goodwill shopper since I was in my 20's, I don't know what's happened to Goodwill but I have never seen practices like I have experienced lately. I usually go to find good prices on clothes, I look at the sale color code when I walk in the door and try to find that color. I did this last week just to find several employees taking that sale color off the floor! I asked one of the employees why they were taking all the sale priced items off the floor and informed her I was there to see the sale priced items. Now mind you this was in the middle of the sale week not at the end of it. She told me they were taking the items off the floor so they had room for more non sale items. I've seen them do this before this Covid 19 crises and let it go but then when I saw the same merchandise that was previously marked on sale back out on the floor at regular price I started to wonder about the practices of Goodwill.

Are they really taking merchandise that was on sale and repricing it regular price? Not only that but not even waiting for the sale to go away for the next week! I tried to look for the sale prices and there were hardly any on the floor! To top it all off the employees are sour faced and grumpy. I don't think they are treated very well anymore. Like I said I have gone to Goodwill all my life and up until very recently the employees were nice and smiled and were friendly. Now not so much!

Well I think I'm done with Goodwill, there are plenty of other Thrift stores I can go to that are reasonably priced, have nice employees and don't cheat their customers.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I order an Item from them by Amazon.com. I asked for the tracking number. They told me that they will give it me. But, they didn't send to me. I order an DVD movie of The Rock. And, I didn't receive no tracking number.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I am in Omaha, NE and I have just went to three different Goodwill stores. None of them have stop customers without face mask from entering the stores and the most employees either have their mask on their chin or their nose hanging out contamination everything. The stores were on 4805 N 72nd St, 201 N 78th St, 8457 West Center Road. Your mask rules are a joke.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I was at the Goodwill store on Virginia Avenue in Huntington, West Virginia today. (7/7/2020). None of the staff had a face cover/mask on correctly. The Governor has mandated that EVERYONE indoors is to wear a face mask when social distancing is not possible... It's pretty simple. Three ladies were working in the cashier area. Two of them didn't have any mask at all, and the lady in charge was wearing hers around her chin...and neck. There wear 5-7 plus me, customers, in the place. Most of us had our masks on and...correctly. (You're welcome). And, I noticed a conscious effort of social distancing amongst us customers. Their racks of clothing had those round, white disks with sizes marked on them. a lot of the clothing was just..."here and there." But the total disregard of respect, consideration, mental-awareness, and oblivious behavior from the staff...is unacceptable.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I shopped here for years but no more. Many of the stores are gauging the customer with handling fees now....Sometimes and extra 5.00 is added to the shipping fee. Also damaged and stained items are set at very high beginning bids!!! You can buy MANY of the items NEW for less than what the starting bid price is. Also they make you pay to return an item if they allow you to return it!!! People are buying items and the description says it works but it does not and then they won't let you return it. I have to always ask them to be specific in the description and take better pictures, which most times they wait until the auction has ended and then send me a note saying sorry auction ended! I asked 4 days PRIOR to the end date. Also, keep in mind that the CEO of this company takes MILLIONS per year in his pay.

Original review: June 17, 2020

250 Jonesboro Rd., McDonough, GA location my total was 9.61. I gave the cashier 20.61, she gave me back 1.00 in change. I told her, "I gave you 20.61." She said, "I did not," and refused to give me back my 10.00 in change. The manager ** sided with the cashier, **. I left the store without my money and no justice. I contacted corporate and have gotten no justice. They sided with the thieving cashier and manager. This has been a horrible experience of me being treated as if I'm crazy and don't know how much money I gave the cashier. She has obviously done this before without consequences. She did it to the wrong person this time. I will not let this go.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I just dropped off a carload of donations. If the items were garbage, I would've put them in the garbage. Watching the young men outside emptying containers upside down, crashing everything on top of fragile, glass and mirrored items, was appalling! Such disrespect for their jobs, the charity and their cause, and the items being donating. The items that will be sold to pay their salary. I will never donate to Goodwill ever again! I will go out of my way to find another charity that will appreciate the donations.

Original review: June 8, 2020

They said game system powered on then I got it. Didn't power on. Asked many times to return as doesn't turn on. They will not return anything anything so I paid 120 for an item they said turned on they won't return.

Goodwill Store Company Information