3.66/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Goodwill Store

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Goodwill Store Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

Goodwill needs to close their doors in shame. They've ruined the concept of charity and goodwill and replaced it with ridiculous greed and profit. Dollar Tree items, 2.99. Target salvage items marked up more than retail. Filthy, worn shoes 14.99 and up. Because they once were Nike's? Expired pet food marked at cost? That's ILLEGAL to sell expired FOOD! Selling opened packages of medical bandages and dressings? ILLEGAL. Close their doors with protest, this has to stop---they are generating the greed with corporations using their donations as tax write-offs, a vicious, greedy circle aimed at taking advantage of the consumer. Please stop shopping at or donating to this money pit.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I used to shop the local Goodwill stores regularly. Most times I could find yarn, fabric, sewing patterns and various craft books. Lately, and in 3 different store locations, there was absolutely NOTHING craft-wise. Not even a straggler book on the shelves. A couple of years ago I started noticing drastic price hikes on everything. I found that I could buy new yarn from most craft supply stores and even online (shipping included) a lot cheaper than Goodwill prices. I stopped buying the yarn. The patterns and books were still reasonable so I still purchased those. Now there's no craft supplies whatsoever on the shelves which leads me to believe that they're trying to get higher prices by selling them in lots online. Informed, intelligent and savvy shoppers know a rip-off when they see one.

Anyone willing to pay more on the Goodwill website than they would in a store is basically being charitable in my opinion. I can no longer be supportive of such a greedy establishment. The carloads of items that I regularly donate will go elsewhere. I will also shop elsewhere. In addition trying to sell broken, chipped, cracked and damaged goods (not even vintage) for top dollar is ridiculous.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have donated and shopped at this Goodwill for nearly 20 years. It used to be a very satisfying experience, I have donated a lot of very new, barely used good merchandise - clothing, furnishings etc., always knowing in return I would find equally interesting and unique merchandise in the store. It was a fun and economical way to keep my home fresh. But this store has changed, and like a lot of people I will no longer shop or donate here. The donation center has one exhausted looking - senior citizen in the truck accepting carloads of items people drive in with, in a continual stream. Amazing looking things, but it all goes on the truck. Nothing goes in the store. In the store, the merchandise is the dregs. Whatever low cost, no-label dirty, and broken merchandise Goodwill decides won't sell online. Nothing vintage, nothing unique.

Yesterday, after donating a car-load of items, including a large vintage crewel rug - which went directly on the truck I went inside. I found 2 skirts and went to checkout. The cashier said one of them did not have a price tag. I suggested she charge the same as the other one, marked 5.99. She said this one is longer (it was, by about 2 inches) and said 8.99. I declined. Then she asked if I wanted to donate a dollar to their "cause". What cause?? Goodwill extortion. No thanks. She said, "See you next time." But there will not be a next time. I'm sorry that 20 years of fun hunting for treasures has ended so badly. Goodwill has changed and like others who have posted here, believe their greed has become their cause; not their customers, nor their poorly paid and terrible staff. Goodbye Goodwill. Never again.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Why is Goodwill raising prices? Greed! I saw a review from someone else who says they don't blame them for bringing up the prices because people are Greedy. That is totally crazy, did you know that the CEO of this "charity" Jim Gibbons, made $729,000 in salary and deferred compensation. Hmmm and they take in "volunteers" (slaves) to help at Goodwill.

Let's examine this for a min. If they bring up the prices then the community that they say they are helping does not get a break. If you can buy the exact same item on Ebay with free shipping and no tax and a money-back guarantee then why in the hell would anyone pay the exact same price at Goodwill? As for the re-sellers buying everything up, what is the problem with that? You still have low prices for the locals and you create jobs (they say they are into creating jobs) by people buying and reselling. In my opinion Goodwill is killing their business, as of today I will not donate, I will not purchase and I will actively promote other REAL charities for others to give to. The Hell with Goodwill!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I live in PA near Pittsburgh. All of my local Goodwill I have learned by asking their employees why the prices are 10x what they should be, that they now check prices against eBay and other similar sites. Whatcha doing Goodwill???

1. Everything is donated free to you.
      2. It is to help people in need, not for you to rob people blind from things you get freeee.
      3. Anyone reading this, quickly research the salary of goodwill CEOs...millions!!!

4. I refuse to donate to a store that jacks its prices through the roof for self gain rather than helping like they should. I do all I can to spread word about this but don't really have to because most have noticed the ridiculous prices.

Thanks for helping out goodwill, keep up the great work????

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodwill Store?

Original review: June 27, 2019

I have been shopping in Goodwill for many years, but I will no longer donate or help them get richer. I cannot believe the prices, are they insane? $29 for used shoes!! I am tempted to head over to both locations in Spring Texas and take pictures to post online. This is pure greed on their part, PLEASE DO NOT DONATE TO GOODWILL!!

Original review: June 23, 2019

I have, like many other people, experienced an extremely disturbing overpricing at all Goodwill stores across the country. Dollar Tree items priced at 2.99, broken and stained items. One store I went to charges 4.99 for all shirts, (tank tops included). Today my sister found a pair of used tennis shoes price for 19.99. I saw used flats for 24.99. It's ridiculous and sad. I don't know what is going on. I am repeating most of what other people are saying, that you can find brand new item for less at other stores. I really don't get it. I went in yesterday looking for a sketch pad, and found a DollarTree one for 2.99. So, I left and went to DollarTree. Somebody needs to investigate what is going on here. I have decided not to go again. It's hard enough for poor folks to survive, and now not even the Greedwill is safe.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Wow! Google has its profit making hand in everything. Now it's Goodwill. Prices are currently too high for pre-worn clothes, some of which have body odors and stains you can't get out under the armpits. I use to love this place and came often (Paramus, NJ, and Pompton Plains, NJ). Not anymore. All the good items and clothing have been skimmed off the top, and what's left is ehhhh, and way overpriced. "The thrill is gone".

Original review: June 8, 2019

The absolute greed of this company blows my mind. I have shopped at and donated to the local stores for years today was my last trip. The markups on the name brand items are sickening, part of it used to be that you could find items that you couldn’t afford or didn’t want to spend big money on at retail stores, that’s no longer the case because of this company's greed. Thanks Goodwill. I will never darken your door again. I used to stop quite often. Now I’ll take my business elsewhere.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have an account that had some past due items due to a family emergency. I asked customer service to remove them. They said they did, but in fact they were still on my account. I then asked them to close my account if they could resolve it and I would just open a new one. Now they have disabled my account and I cannot open a new one. I have called and sent them multiple emails. I need them to open my account and fix this issue with the unpaid items ASAP. They can add them back with a pay button or remove them if relisted. Desired Resolution: Finish the Job. Desired Outcome: Fix my account, by reinstating it and remove the past due items (user name **). I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on Shopgoodwill.com, and have been treated horribly.

Goodwill Store Company Information