1.29/5
Based on 48 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

49 Fred Meyer Jewelers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Misleading information from salespeople on advertised products, and extra fees for a normal included service from any other jewelers. The salesperson in store assured me that a promise ring I was purchasing for my girl was on a very special sale for Christmas week only, the ring was normally $400...now on sale at an incredible price of half off, $200! The lady told me that the company is taking a major hit and a huge loss for selling this ring at an incredible price...that I have to NOT pass up this offer and amazing deal! So...under pressure I purchased the ring.

After giving the ring to my girl, she took it in to get re-sized to fit her ring finger... Lo and behold...they want another $45 to re-size the ring!! (Any other Jeweler in my lifetime would re-size the ring for free.) But because I didn't buy their "Super Duper lifetime guarantee super duper warranty along with the ring" I have to pay for sizing. What a crock of shenanigans!! After I complained, she said if I wasn't satisfied, that I could trade the "brand new" $400 dollar ring (that they took a major hit on with the major Christmas only special for $200)...that they would give me a "$170.00 credit" on the brand new ring I just purchased, towards a different purchase in the store. I will NEVER step foot in a Fred Meyer Jewelers again in my lifetime and I suggest everyone stay away from the store also. Shenanigans everywhere!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I have had the worst customer service experience from Fred Meyer Jewelers that I have ever experienced. Let me explain why as objectively as I can because I have very strong negative feelings towards this business now and would like to inform ANYONE considering buying an engagement ring here to be aware of what potentially could be their future. First of all, my fiancé and I were informed towards the end of this ordeal that the salesman who sold him the ring should have informed him in order to get the size we needed. The ring should have been custom made which means every problem we have had was completely avoidable if one person would have done their job correctly to start with.

However, the person wanted to make their sale and didn’t inform him of the risks of sizing down a ring with an intricate band. Second of all, my ring was missing a stone when my fiancé proposed. This was the beginning of September. He purchased the ring in August and the ring stayed in a box till the proposal. The stone missing was in the setting of the band so it is understandable to me that he didn’t notice it right away. However, when I put it on, it was immediately noticeable because the side profile of the ring is the main thing I see. We were on a trip when he proposed so we weren’t able to immediately bring the ring in.

We brought the ring to the Meridian Fred Meyer on Fairview in the middle of September when we returned and the saleswoman insinuated that I must have been too rough with the ring to make a stone fall out. When I corrected her that it was missing when I received it, she gave me an apology and said it was fixable since we bought the most expensive care plan. The ring also needed sized to my finger which she said was no problem and that sizing wouldn’t affect the stones in my band. I was given a carbon copy for my records and told the ring would be back in a week in the right size (she sized me as a 4, this will be relevant for future mistakes).

One week later, a different person calls me to inform me that their local goldsmith didn’t have equipment to work on this ring, but the goldsmith hadn’t informed them of that fact until the deadline the ring was supposed to be fixed in. I was disappointed, but understood and told them it was fine to send the ring out to get repaired. The salesman said it would be back in one week from THAT day now which would have been fine, if the ring had been right when it came back. It wasn’t. So my fiancé picked up the ring from the Meridian Fred Meyer for me and when I got it, I had a very difficult time getting it on my finger. I thought maybe my fingers were swollen and it was my fault.

Throughout the weekend, I kept trying and even when my hands were cold my ring was very hard to get on my finger. I took it back to the store that Tuesday, but decided to go the Fred Meyer closer to my work on Franklin Rd. They sized the ring and the ring was a size 3¾, a quarter size too small. I felt relieved it was the ring and not me, but also frustrated that the ring was sized incorrectly. I was resized at this location, given apologies and the saleswoman told me I wasn’t a 4, I was actually a 4½ which made sense to me because the ring seemed very small. I told them I trusted whatever they thought my size was. They also told me there was no reason my ring should have been sent out of town by the other store for the first resizing/stone replacement and that the local goldsmith could do it. Again, I trusted their judgment because it’s their job.

One week later my ring came in, again, in the size 4½ and the store manager, Steve, gave it to me to try on. The ring was too big, significantly. He apologized and explained that a lot of the staff at the various stores are new and don’t know how to size for rings like mine properly and that he would size me and make it right. We have received a lot of apologies and lots of mistakes. He sized me and sized me as 4 (which is what I was originally sized). He told me that because the situation had been so bad, he would personally take the ring to the goldsmith to make sure it was sized by the end of the week. (We’re in October now). The ring came in as promised on Friday which we were very grateful for and thanked the manager and it fit! I wore it for the weekend which was very nice and then Monday morning noticed that the exact same stone that had fallen out before was missing again.

At this point, we began to get very frustrated. We took the ring into the Franklin Fred Meyer to talk to Steve. He looked at the ring under the microscope and said that all of the prongs on the sides were damaged from the resizing and it was likely stones would continue to fall out. At this point, we are getting told we will be “compensated” because of all of the problems we’ve had although we’re not told how. We discussed the possibility of getting a wedding band for the ring and Steve said potentially we could get a discount on that. At this point, the only reason I am keeping the ring is the sentimental value. My fiancé picked it for me and surprised me on our vacation with it. It has a lot of meaning for us.

Steve informed us we needed a completely new custom made ring in my size, which is what he said should have been done in the first place when my fiancé bought it. This process he said takes a while, but promises us it will in the store 11/15/18. We told him we would really like it for the holidays since we will be around family (this is relevant later). He also assured us that the three main stones from my ring could be used for the new ring, so it still maintained some sentimental value although there is really no way for me to know if this was done since I am not a diamond expert.

It is 11/19/18. I STILL do not have my ring right now. Guess why? I called on the 15th to double check it was there, but no rings came in that day according to an associate who answered the phone and Steve wasn’t in the office to talk to. This is where my patience starts to run out. My fiancé calls the next day and Steve informs that he thought we only wanted to have it before the holidays and hadn’t called us to inform us that it was running late. He had received an email from the goldsmith that it wouldn’t be finished till the 19th, but had not informed either of us of this development. When my fiancé reminded him that he had said the 15th at the latest (and this is the date on our paperwork), Steve apologized that he “dropped the ball” and that he would call to make sure it was rush shipped to the store.

All of this 3 MONTHS we have been hoping to get our engagement photos done, but can’t because we don’t have the ring! We had scheduled photos to be done this last weekend and had to cancel them because we STILL do not have the ring we purchased in August. Supposedly, I will receive my ring tomorrow. We’ll see if it fits. I have so much anxiety because EVERY SINGLE TIME I have picked up this ring, there has been a problem with it. My fiancé feels extremely guilty because he chose where to buy the ring and it has been nothing but disappointment which makes me feel angry that he feels responsible. He shouldn’t feel guilty for picking a jeweler that has done nothing but make mistakes. There was no way for him to know. I have zero expectation of it being correct tomorrow because it has been messed up so many times and will be making sure to inform everyone I know NOT to purchase jewelry from this company.

What’s even worse about this situation is even if the ring is right, I still have to bring it in every 6 months to have it “checked” by a staff I don’t want to even TOUCH it again because I’m worried something else will go wrong or my care plan is void. I have so much anxiety about going to pick up my engagement ring tomorrow, which is supposed to have a happy association mind you, that I am really debating whether I even want it anymore because it has such a negative association to my fiancé and I now. I hate conflict and it is very hard for me to write this review, but I am posting this review so hopefully someone else is saved the headache of this ridiculous situation. I don’t want someone else in the position my fiancé is in right now where they feel responsible for choosing a bad jeweler.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My husband and I purchased our wedding band and our engagement ring from the Gahanna store. We have only been married 2.5 years and we have had our ring in for repairs six times! The assistants always seem to throw themselves at my husband, pay little attention to me, and they always have an excuse as to why the ring keeps losing the middle diamonds or the side baguettes. They are the ones fixing them! I am so tired of paying for new diamonds (yes, we have insurance), and then the next diamond falls out 4 months later. The younger girls that work there need to learn how to dress appropriately and stop giving excuses for the shoddy work that is done. I will not take it there again. I am tempted to pawn it and go to Kay Jewelers to purchase a ring I will have forever.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I paid for a custom family tree necklace for my wife to give to her for her birthday. Was told it would be 6 to 8 weeks. After 9 weeks pass I start calling. Was told three times I would get a call back. Never did. I go into the Keizer, OR Fred Meyers and the manager finally looks into it and the company making the necklace sent it to the wrong Fred Meyers and they just sent it back so the company that made the piece stated they would upgrade the gold for the mistake and was told by the manager of Keizer Fred Meyer jeweler that they rushed the order. I was refunded and was told they were going take care of the charge and would call me when it arrived it would be 2 to 3 weeks... 4 weeks later I go in. Was given a lot of excuses and was told the necklace was going to take 6 to 8 weeks.

Finally the necklace arrives so I go in to be told I need to pay $170 by the assistant manage I let her know the manager had told me they where taking care of the cost me being a long time customer and all the problems assistant tells me she can give me 10% off but the manager wasn't there so I tell her to talk to the manager and get back to me 2 days later I call and still no answer from manager. The next day I get a voicemail stating the best they can do for me is the 10%. I told her to keep the necklace and I will never buy anything from this company again. Customer service is non-existent at this store. I wouldn't spend your money here. I know I won't be.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My husband upgraded my wedding ring as a push present for our second child in 2016. In 2018 I lost a stone in February and as of September I am still without a ring. Yes I have a warranty and inspection paperwork is up to date. This is the third repair to date.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Meyer Jewelers?

Original review: March 2, 2018

Had NO idea this Disney Princess Ring would not be carried in my size by the store when I circled it in the glossy catalog that came in the Sunday paper. BUYER BEWARE. This is the only "jeweler" that I have ever heard of that does NOT offer free ring sizing with purchase. My husband was then talked into purchasing a Lifetime Care Plan which costed him an ADDITIONAL $96.29 since the ring was not carried in my size. I could understand $25 or so, since I know there is labor involved but I was also needing it sized DOWN a size and a quarter that would have given them the precious metal to boot! I will never purchase anything at a Fred Meyer Store ever again!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I purchased a rather expensive Citizen Eco-Drive watch in Sept 2017 at the Eagle Island store in Meridian, Idaho. Earlier this month, January, the crystal broke with just 4 months of usage. The Citizen warranty, in small print, excludes damage to the crystal. The Fred Meyer response was not what I had expected, that I should have bought an extra warranty from the store. I do not recall an offer of an in-store warranty though I would not likely have purchased it anyway. My previous Callaway watch had lasted 10 yrs. Fred Meyer should have made it right by replacing the crystal at the est cost of $125. They've lost my business which has been considerable.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I would just like to say. I'm not one to really complain about businesses but when companies and people take advantage of people it really pisses me off I. Bought a heart urn on a chain for my beautiful granddaughter and wanted to have it engraved. Took it to Fred Meyer Jewelers to have love forever poe-poe put on it. They wanted to charge me $112.00 to engrave it so I told them not happening. I left the store and went Tillis Jewelers in Lewisburg and they charged me $38.00 and added the date of his death on the back. All I'm saying is don't shop at Fred Meyer Jewelers unless you have money to throw away. Tillis Jewelers in Lewisburg is the best and place around. Thank you Tillis for taking care of me.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I purchased my husband's wedding ring from there years ago when they were located in KC. We had his ring worked on several times and it cost nothing under the care plan. Since they closed the KC location we now have to mail our rings over to the KS location. I just shipped my husband’s ring as the stone was chipped and now they saying we never purchased the care plan (after we mailed them all of our information which they request, so now they have all of it as I didn't believe that we would need to make copies of it ourselves; thought they were honest).

How is it possible that they have worked on his ring even replaced it previously because it was a tungsten and now they are saying they have no record of that. What a disgraceful company and it makes it worse the manager at the branch has no empathy and doesn't care to return calls. NEVER purchase from Fred Meyer!!! Not only horrible customer service but what kind of disgusting person takes advantage of having all the information over something so personal to us and meaningful.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Last Christmas I wanted the new Floating Diamond Necklace so bad. I loved the way it looks. I almost bought a fake one on JTV, but waited. Darn if my husband not only bought me the Necklace, he bought the earrings to match. I can't tell you how extremely excited I was. Wore them everywhere at first. Made me not only feel beautiful, but kind of like I had money, you know? Anyway, in June the chain breaks; it's then that I noticed the dang diamond is missing on the necklace. I noticed something didn't look right about April, but passing thought. I was so upset. Of course my husband didn't have the extra $35 for warranty, but in all HONESTY who would expect a diamond to fall out in such a short time.

In July, I took it to the Fred Meyer Jeweler where he purchased it. They told me I had to buy a new diamond and pay to have it replaced, along with a new chain. WHAT THE HELL! I was so let down by a jewelry store, which I don't get much chance to purchase from. So last week I took it all off my jewelry dish to put back in the gift box in hopes I could replace it someday. And DANG is the freaking diamond is not also missing in one of the earrings. What kind of jeweler does Fred Meyer have that has diamonds fall out and not held in securely??? Lo and Behold I have purchased fake jewelry from JTV that has lasted for over 10 years and still no sign of stimulants or other falling out. This makes me think I should just continue with JTV.

My son-in-law bought my daughter’s wedding rings from Fred Meyer ($5,000.00), purchased the warranty. Within first year she lost 3 diamonds and she still had a fight on her hands. If I would have known, I would have told my husband to beware. Not sure how trustworthy this company is. NOTE TO OTHERS: Think twice before purchasing their jewelry unless you can pay the $35 and still have problems with that.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

My wife went into the Fred Meyers on Cantrell Rd in Little Rock Arkansas to get a 10kgp wide-band wedding ring, which my father had given to my mother 48 years earlier and it had been passed to my wife, raised up 1 size. The girl behind the counter was wonderful. Her mother was very ill and my wife prayed with her. A couple of weeks later we went back to get the ring, it was RUINED! The gold had been ground off around the band.

The manager said the ring should never been taken in as it was obvious it couldn't be resized. She said the girl that took it in made a mistake and she had been let go for a lack of skill. We knew for a fact the girl had left and moved back home to be with her dying mother so that was a bold lie. I agreed their employee could have made a mistake but their jeweler was just as un-skilled because he did the job. Then came 5 weeks of treatments and lies and we finally ended up with a ruined family memento and we were told not to come back. The manager refused to give her supervisor's name or a place to file a complaint. We will never use or recommend a Fred Meyer Jeweler.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Oh where to begin. This is at the Everett, Washington store on Evergreen. My son bought me these pearls for he saw me glow when I saw them. The pearls are not why I am angry, it's the lobster clasp that is supposed to be 925 sterling silver and on top of it. My son paid $75.00 more for a lifetime warranty. Here goes after 2 months of wearing my Tahitian necklace the clasp silver was wearing away and copper was showing on both sides of clasp. We were ticked this was plated not true 925 like receipt says. When we called them no we weren't very happy. Pearls that are $600.00 with sterling clasp is a higher price. My son did get them on sale but here is the kicker they tried to tell us this is normal for silver to wear off and turn copper for it wasn't 100.00 silver, it was 925. Husband, son and I said "No way, I have tons of 925 silver. Never wears away to copper."

They had me bring in and leave for manager, they decided if it was okay with me they would replace clasp with a 10 karat with no charge. I said ok for I did like the pearls and it was special for my son paid for them. I wait 12 days get call their ready and that it had 14 karat white gold clasp for they couldn't find size large enough for my pearls. I go there, I saw the pearls. She put them in a box and said "Remember, when you bring them in for cleaning remind them this was special order clasp and that the clasp can't be cleaned with silver polish it would ruin clasp." I looked at her and said really and she said "Yes silver polish chemicals can ruin gold clasps." I went, "Oh." She handed me my original receipt with my warranty papers that they kept. When I got home and took out of box looked at clasp it was replaced with same clasp I had on it and it is stamped 925. Are you serious, in 60 days it will turn too.

My husband called them the lady he talked to said manager isn't here you can bring pearls in and leave them here. My husband said heck no took 12 days to get backed and we were lied to and they put same clasp on again that 1st one changed to copper color and wear it is stamped is the movement part of lobster clasp. So this is how Fred Meyers serves people with 925 plated and sells it as pure 925 thanks and they wouldn't refund us the first time it turned said we had only 60 days and we were 8 days passed that so when they promised to make it right and put a gold lobster clasp we believed them. Since I did have a lifetime warranty as well. This should be against the law, false advertising and paperwork. Wow if they lie about sterling silver shame on them. my son would never buy anything but real gold or silver not copper.

Thanks a lot Fred Meyers you made my 20th wedding anniversary horrible with fake silver on my pearls that's why they were bought. All I have to say is don't trust Fred Meyers jewelry they are not like they were 20 years ago where we got are wedding rings.You should be ashamed of yourselves and for their rude treatment as well trying to tell me silver turns copper did you think I was 10 buying a 10 dollar jewelry Shame on you.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I requested a refund on my layaway deposit because I found the same items for less at a different jewelry store. The folks in the store were rude when I returned to state that I never received the corporate check. I called the corporate office and the rep lied to me when she told me to wait two weeks for a new check to arrive. I waited two weeks but did not receive the check. When I called back to complain I was told that a case was never opened to replace the check and that I would have to wait for them to send me a form to sign, return it and wait a few more weeks for a check to be mailed to me. In my opinion, Fred Meyer jewelry store is a ripoff because they keep your money even when they have given you absolutely nothing of value in exchange. I will never deal with Fred Meyer Jewelry Store again! It should not be this hard to get 100.00 USD returned to a customer! I would never recommend for others to shop at Fred M Jewelry stores.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

Recently my daughter picked out a wedding band for her and her fiancee. I was there because I helped her pick them out and I was the one paying. The woman band had to be sized and soldered. The men's band could not be resized. The clerk said all their jewelry comes with a lifetime warranty and if the men's needs resizing it would be replaced at no charge and the woman's would be resized and any damage repaired. Made purchase and afterwards saw on receipt that a warranty plan was charged for each ring totaling an additional $180. Apparently their lifetime warranty has to be purchased. This was never explained at time of purchase. Tried to rectify later but was told they could refund the charges but then I would owe for the soldering and resizing which was more money. I will never buy from Fred Meyer Jewelers again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My boyfriend, now fiancé recently purchased my engagement ring at Fred Meyer Jewelers. I love my ring. It is rose gold with cocoa and white diamonds and a beautiful tanzanite center stone. The sales women helped my fiancé pick out the perfect ring for me. After the proposal, we went back and purchased the lifetime warranty and care package. I had the chance then to have my ring resized then but it seemed to fit. After another week I realized the ring was too big and could slide off if my hands were cold. I took the ring back, very nervously left it with the sales woman but she said I could possibly get it back before Christmas. My ring was ready in less than the week estimated! It fits perfectly now. I love the sales people in the store. They have been very helpful. The quick and beautiful resizing gives me confidence the ring will be in good hands when I return it for maintenance. I highly recommend the Fred Meyer Jewelers here in Kent, Washington.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I recently purchased an engagement ring from Littman's Thanksgiving weekend and let me say I purchased an amazing 1 karat diamond si2 with f color for 4900 dollar. All together I paid about 6200 dollars with taxes and have no issue with diamond or their service. Remember jewelers are in business to stay in business. Before you go purchase an item like that you need to do your homework and make sure you know what you're buying and at what price a diamond of i2 or i1 clarity with an h color depending on size ranges from 2 to 3 k and certain days you will get them cheaper depending on sale dates. For example, Black Friday is a great time to go purchase because you can find pieces of up to 50% off.

As for Fred Meyer company I can't say I understand Littman's is part of their organization but speaking for Littman's my experience was a pleasant one now. Who's to say I won't have any issues with the ring but then again everyone has issues with their rings. My sister in law purchased from Bailey Banks. Great store, very overpriced items and her diamond fell twice but like every jewelry store they will fix. But for the customers that have had a bad experience with this company I am sorry to see you're not happy and yes they should fix the problems but remember these things happen to rings and guarantee if you purchase from Tiffany's or Bailey Banks or Malanj or Zales. They have same issue.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I husband bought me a promise ring a little over 2 years ago. The ring has more sentimental value than anything to me so when things started awry I was concerned. We purchased the Lifetime Warranty Plan so that if anything happened the ring would be taken care of. On 5/31/16 we took the ring in for it checkup. The person who took the ring did not even clean the ring but marked that "no work required." 6 weeks later 5 stones were missing so I took it in again. The stones were replaced. 2 weeks later 4 more stones were missing. I took the ring in and forgot the paperwork but when talking to another salesperson she said it was not a problem. She refused to give me my ring back and accused me of not purchasing the Lifetime Warranty. I finally got my ring back and reported her to the main office.

After a few weeks I had conversations with the regional FM Jewelry manager and it was agreed that they would replace the ring. After a week another diamond was missing. I normally worked with one particular sales associate and later found out she had been fired because she tried to help me and as a vindictive action the jewelry dept. manager had my favorite sales associate fired. I will never walk in or buy from another FM Jewelry Dept. again. BTW, I found out when I took all my jewelry in to have the check up completed on 5/31/16 the sales associate who took all of my jewelry, did not clean nor did she check them was the manager. I took my engagement ring in to be check my favorite sales associate the next day and the diamonds were loose on that ring. Never, never again.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

We bought a $6000 ring from Fred Meyer Jewelers and when we had it appraised at the store and they said it appraised at $6500. When we took it to an independent jewelry store they told us the diamond was man made and worth about $100. They are selling fake diamonds as the real thing!! Do not buy from them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I spent $2000 on a ring and 3 pairs of earrings in May 2016. The ring $1595 has been repaired 3 times now and it is just August 2nd. All 3 pairs of earrings have broke and had to be repaired or replaced. I will not spend another penny of my money at this store. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 17, 2016

For our 25th wedding anniversary I picked out a ring that I just loved and we purchased it. Everything went fine with this purchase. The only this is we did buy the insurance and since we would be moving I asked if there was a place in MN that would honor this warranty, they stated, "No problem". Now I find out there is no one in MN that will do this. Waste of money. Then for our 26th I asked if I could get the necklace that matched my ring and we went and ordered it. After a week I called and the lady on the line told me I would have to wait, "it takes time". So at the end of the next week I called and still nothing, they went to look to find out and the manager never ordered it. So we had to wait another week.

After we got the necklace we asked if we could change the clasp (at our expense) and we asked the manager if the chain was strong enough, "No problem". Well then we waited another week and when the sales clerk tried to put it on my neck it broke. Like a dummy I gave them another chance and they said they would rush it. Well we went into the store since we had not heard from them and they could not find the necklace. It never came back from the repair place. It seemed like they did not care so we cancelled the complete order. They did not even know how to do a credit and it took over 1/2 hour to get this done. Will never go back again. I did call customer service and make a complaint, that was 2 weeks ago and have never heard back. They just don't care. Fred Meyers Jewelers, 9150 N Tarrant Pkwy, North Richland Hills 76182.

Original review: May 11, 2016

My husband bought me a $700 Gucci watch from the store in 5th Ave Mall Anchorage, AK 2013, and the watch stop working on March. So we take it back to the store and we've been told it's not gonna cost us anything by fixing it because it's still in warranty! The lady write us a receipt and promised 4 to 6 weeks we will get the watch back. Then, the last day before it turn the 7th week, sb call us from the store and told us that it's gonna cost us $99 to fix the watch, if we don't want to pay the $99 fee we can just go to the store and take the watch back! My husband want it be fixed so he agree to it.

The store manager is really rude, and we try to talk to the state manager and he told us the same thing that's nothing they can do because the fee is going to Gucci! What the hell, we spend thousands of dollars in this store and that's how we get treated! I will never go back to buy any kind of jewelry in Fred Meyer and I will make sure my friends all know that!

Original review: April 14, 2016

Do not use this company. They use TD Retail Credit Service. Not only does this credit company have the worst customer service (got hung up on 3 times). Fred Meyer just says "oh man, so sorry this is happening, but there is nothing we can do about it, it's outsourced." In the small town that I live in, the Fred Meyer Jewelers employees have told me they get complaints all the time about the financial company they use. So wouldn't you think that Fred Meyer would find a different finance company? The financial company is putting all of our extra payment (about 200.00 over) toward the amount being financed and not the one that has a special deferred interest for 1 year, even though this loan was the first one taken out. So basically they are crooks. They know that as long as they continue to do it this way they will also get all of the deferred interest at 28.9%.

Original review: March 31, 2016

First - I wouldn't have chosen this store. My boyfriend went there just to get a ring to propose with. It's the ring I have for now, so I'd like to wear it. It's a touch too small, so we went to get it resized. The woman there was horrible. Asked me what my ring size was and when I told her she scoffed at me. Then proceeded to tell me that I was incorrect. That the ring I had, a 7, should fit me fine. "Lady, I WORE the ring for a day and it cut in to my finger painfully." Told her "Fine, can I do a 7.5?" She says sure! And becomes a totally different person. Also, she said "You don't wear rings much do you?" I DO WEAR THEM, it's how I know my ring size, seriously. I figure if the 7.5 is too small I'll just get it sized again.

So today is the commitment date for it to be done. I call them to see if it's ready and the woman on the phone just says "No, it's not done yet." I said that today was the day they told me it would be ready and she says "Sorry our jeweler went home sick yesterday but she should be in today." They've had the ring for over a week, I fail to see how the day before it was due is of any relevance. So now I wait. I would not be shocked after reading the other reviews if something worse happens. This took place at the store in Columbus Ohio at the Graceland Shopping plaza. The original employee was named Vicki and she struck me as the type of person that would convince you to get something other than what you wanted because she "knows better." Avoid this place.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

I called to get the status on my account. Just wanted to create a profile online and needed some information. I had to call a total of 5 times and got transferred a total of 8 times. Every time I called, the person I talked to couldn't help me because I was asking about a Littman Jewelers credit card and this went on and on. When I finally got a hold of someone who could help me I just closed the account! I'm glad I haven't bought anything there in a while and now I never will! I truly hope this will stop someone from dealing with what I had to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

Where do I begin. First off I am beyond mad I have to continue to deal with this god awful place. On the 28th I took my engagement ring in to be sized and sent off which was all fine and good except it was promised on the 10th which alas that lands on a Sunday. So I go and double check to see maybe it came Saturday since I know it won't be here Sunday because stuff doesn't get sent on Sundays. The lady I had to deal with kept saying over and over again "not until the tenth". It's promised tomorrow. She was very very rude, scoffed and frantically walking around so I asked "can you please check". She goes in the back 5 seconds, comes back out and says "nope not here" and again "it's promised on the 10th".

I'm pretty pissed off now, actually livid. Worst customer service of my life. Taco Bell would have treated me better on their busiest day. It's now past the tenth and I haven't heard anything. I'm not a fan of this company. I don't think they'll be getting any future purchases from me and I'm letting all my friends know about how I was treated.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

12/3 my fiance and I went to the Fred Meyer Jewelers to look at wedding sets. He had purchased my engagement ring there and we were planning to buy our wedding rings also. We had cash on hand. The long dark haired lady who was working made eye contact with me three times without acknowledging my presence, no hello, no "we'll be right with you", nothing. I made it clear to her we were leaving and the reason why was because she hadn't acknowledged us. At that point she could have offered to help us but she did not.

On 12/10 my husband and I were having lunch at a restaurant and this salesperson was there with another woman. As they left, they made a point to get my attention and make a snide remark. It did not go unnoticed. I will share my experience regarding this woman with as many people as I can. I prefer to shop local but I refuse to shop somewhere where someone treats people so horrible, on the job and off.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

The man working the watch counter was very rude. He was not polite and very unhelpful. I would never recommend anybody going to that location to have any work done on their watch. When somebody is coming to a store to spend money you would think they would be treated in a nice manner.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

Took my 14 karat gold rope to be repaired on 8th 22 2015. It has been broken at the class and I was going to get it repaired. Upon picking up my chain I notice that the jeweler have replaced my goal with rose gold at the classes, a chain with a 10 karat gold rope and it was broken in the center. The manager try to give me the chain but I knew it wasn't mine. I took it home and examine it with my husband and call back to the store to speak to the manager.

She then had me bring the chain up and insistent that my chain was 10 karat gold necklace but on my receipt the description read clearly 14 karat gold 18 inch rope. She noticed her writing and I proceeded to ask if they have any more necklaces. She said "yes" in the jewelry case behind me and while looking through the cave I noticed a 14 karat gold 18 inch rope and I asked to see it and she had a ticket price in the amount of 639. That chain was mine that she had tried to switch. I called my husband to look at the rope and he knew right then that was my rope. So never go to Gallatin TN Fred Meyer Jewelry, they steal.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

Recently, I had a battery for my watch replaced at this store. Later I noticed that the back cover had not been turned as far as its previous location, alerting me to a possible water leakage problem of the waterproof watch. Today I returned, also to get a new watch band, asking that the back cover be tightened. Well, the job was bungled. At least eight noticeable scratches were placed onto the case surrounding the back cover. This job should have been done with a suction cup to turn the cover. Instead it was done evidently with a sharp tool. So, if you want your gold watch serviced with a pipe wrench, then go to Fred Meyer. Better, take it to someone who at least knows how to handle a wrench, a plumber.

Original review: July 24, 2015

I purchased a cross necklace for my boyfriend at the Washington square mall location. I told the guy my boyfriend was in construction and I needed something strong and sturdy. He helped me choose what he said was "the strongest" chain they had and the cross I chose had several pieces to the construction of it. Two weeks after spending $130 on said necklace the cross began coming apart and the chain broke. I took it back to the same sales person and he replaced the necklace. My boyfriend stopped wearing while at work to try and protect it but there now was a problem with the metal rings that attached the cross and its dog tag, that I had gotten engraved.

The rings kept separating and allowing both cross and dog tag to fall off the chain. Took it again back to the salesman who said "just bring it back if you have any more issues" and was told it was our fault the necklace was breaking and there was nothing he could do. I bought this necklace as a gift for an important milestone in my boyfriend's life and had a meaningful scripture engraved on the tag and now it's just an expensive fail due to the deception of the salesman and the quality of garbage I paid too much for. I would never recommended buying anything from Fred Meyer Jewelry.

Fred Meyer Jewelers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Fred Meyer Jewelers is a jewelry company founded in 1973 by jeweler Fred G. Meyer as a jewelry catalog-showroom company. The company, which operates retail locations in malls and larger department stores in California, the Midwest, and much of the Northeastern U.S., offers a wide range of jewelry products. The company operates under both of the names Fred Meyer Jewelers and Littman Jewelers.

• Free shipping: Fred Meyer offers free shipping on any orders over a minimum dollar amount for customer convenience.

• Convenient locations: The company has more than 300 brick-and-mortar stores across the United States, making it easy for customers to find and visit one of its locations.

• Community-minded: In addition to selling jewelry to customers, Fred Meyer Jewelers is community-minded. The company gives more than 200,000 dollars to charities each year, including the Humane Society and Breast Cancer Research.

• Legitimate sources: Fred Meyer guarantees all diamonds sold by the company are from legitimate sources. The sources are not involved in funding conflict and comply with all United States laws, so customers can be sure they are not supporting any dangerous or unlawful activities.

• Children's jewelry: Fred Meyer offers jewelry in children's sizes so shoppers can purchase smaller pieces.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged, customers looking to buy a luxury gift and religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs