2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.30/5

Fred Meyer Jewelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Meyer Jewelers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Meyer Jewelers?

Original review: July 8, 2020

Purchased all of my wife's jewelry from here and loved this store and the people but after closing all the stores in our state the lifetime care is completely worthless. Been 2 weeks and no idea where our jewelry is.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I bought a 5,000 dollar ring from this company along with the lifetime warranty. They have closed all their stores in my state, and I have been on hold numerous times, left numerous emails and tons of emails trying to get a shipping label for repairs and then now 3 weeks later still waiting on my ring to come back to me. The last time after holding to speak with a supervisor I was told there was nothing they could do. There is no reason that these warranty checks can't be done by a local jewelry store that they can contract with. The fact that they expect us to send our rings and valuables through the mail, even with it being fully insured, is absolutely unacceptable. I don't want to sell my wedding ring just so I can go to another jewelry store that's near me. That would probably break my heart. I will NEVER buy another thing from Fred Meyer. And I hope anyone else that is just as upset as I am never does either.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I bought a 9,000 dollar ring from this company along with the lifetime warranty. They have closed all their stores in my state. I have been on hold numerous times, left numerous emails and tons of emails trying to get a shipping label for repairs. They don’t respond to any of their emails or messages. The last time after holding to speak with a supervisor I got disconnected as soon as I was transferred. And they couldn’t be bothered with calling me back. Had to go thru the whole hold again. Save yourself the headache. Don’t buy from this retailer.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I can’t believe that because they closed all of the stores in my state, that I am expected to MAIL my $10k ring TWICE per year for an inspection. What if my ring gets lost, stolen, or damaged? Who would ever be comfortable with mailing a $10k ring to God knows where? They should allow you to transfer your lifetime warranty package to a local jeweler or chain. I am NOT comfortable with this.

Original review: April 20, 2020

They're friendly and affordable. They always help me when I come in without being pushy. I also love their warranty. Everything in their stores are always clean and bright. I Would highly recommend them. I love Fred Meyers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I am very disappointed with my expensive purchase ($4,000.00) of my wedding ring. When I was deciding to purchase the ring the sales associate NEVER informed me that because it was white gold versus titanium that I would have to pay $80.00 a year to have it re-dipped or it would start to discolor. I never would have purchased the ring if I had been informed that the ring would discolor on an annual basis.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I picked up a beautiful ring for my husband of 36 years of marriage for Christmas. I unfortunately got the wrong size. We took the ring and receipt back for a larger size. Was told we had to get a refund and place a new order for the material it was made from couldn’t be resized. The salesperson talked him into the warranty which I thought was not needed. Ringing up the new size and with warranty the total was 40.00 more. At 1st both associated disagreed until I show them with basic math. They put the information in the computer more than once and the 40.00 just magically appeared. They said we should buy the ring and when it was delivered to our home bring it back and they would refund the 40.00. No Thank you. I realize it’s not 100s but the principle of it turned me the other way.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Fred Meyer corporate employees are some of the biggest crooks you'll ever find. When Fred Meyer makes a mistake that costs you hundreds or thousands of dollars, they won't take responsibility. They screw up an order and leave us with damaged merchandise costing us many tens of thousands of dollars and they refuse to own up to their mistakes. Please don't shop at Fred Meyer. Don't support these crooks. There are other supermarkets that do treat their customers responsibly, kindly, and fairly. If you shop at Fred Meyer you are only supporting the bad guys that wrong customers and don't own up to their mistakes because all Fred Meyer and Kroger cares about is money. Dennis Gibson, Jeff Burt, and Lynn Gust, the presidents and leaders of Fred Meyer, and the rest of the corporate team at Fred Meyer are nothing, but crooks with no moral compass. They owe us a lot of money.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

My husband bought me a new wedding ring for our 28 year anniversary. We picked a beautiful setting and bought a loose stone. 1 carat to fit the ring head. When they finished the ring it looked different. No luster or sparkle. The setting diamond sparkle but not the main stone..people are commenting it looks fake but at the price we paid.. ugh.. my husband is upset and embarrassed. I called and got placed on hold and left a message with no call back.. What's going on.. So disappointed..

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I brought my engagement ring into the Fred Meyer Jewelers in Tigard, Oregon to be resized and have the center stone tightened (it was loose). I was given a confirmation receipt which stated the price would be $22.00 and with a promise date. Later they called to say that the cost of the resizing had quadrupled! And it would take an additional 10 days! I told them to forget it. This is very, very bad customer service! I will not be doing business with Fred Meyer Jewelers in the future.

Fred Meyer Jewelers author review by ConsumerAffairs

Fred Meyer Jewelers is a jewelry company founded in 1973 by jeweler Fred G. Meyer as a jewelry catalog-showroom company. The company, which operates retail locations in malls and larger department stores in California, the Midwest, and much of the Northeastern U.S., offers a wide range of jewelry products. The company operates under both of the names Fred Meyer Jewelers and Littman Jewelers.

• Free shipping: Fred Meyer offers free shipping on any orders over a minimum dollar amount for customer convenience.

• Convenient locations: The company has more than 300 brick-and-mortar stores across the United States, making it easy for customers to find and visit one of its locations.

• Community-minded: In addition to selling jewelry to customers, Fred Meyer Jewelers is community-minded. The company gives more than 200,000 dollars to charities each year, including the Humane Society and Breast Cancer Research.

• Legitimate sources: Fred Meyer guarantees all diamonds sold by the company are from legitimate sources. The sources are not involved in funding conflict and comply with all United States laws, so customers can be sure they are not supporting any dangerous or unlawful activities.

• Children's jewelry: Fred Meyer offers jewelry in children's sizes so shoppers can purchase smaller pieces.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team