3.9/5 (141 ratings)

About Fred Meyer Jewelers

Fred Meyer Jewelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Meyer Jewelers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fred Meyer Jewelers?

Original review: May 21, 2022

Have purchased most of my Wife’s rings at Fred Meyer Jewelry. Went into Fred Meyer Jewelry April 8th, 2022 with a ring didn’t buy there, with a 2 carat Diamond that I purchased for the 2nd time due to losing the first one. I wanted to surprise my wife with the new Diamond for Mother's Day. Just needed the new Diamond set. I was told that I would be getting a call within 1 week with the estimate and the expected date to have the ring back was 4/22/22. I have not received a single phone call or email from them since. I have called 4 times only to get a different story and was told 2 times by the person I talked to twice that they would personally look into it and would call me within 2 days that was 2 weeks ago.

I’m blown away. Here it is 5/21/22, 30 days past the day I was supposed to have her ring back and missed Mothers Day and still no nothing, no estimate, nothing. It’s like they don’t give a crap about you unless they are putting money in their own pockets with a purchase. I’ve spent 15,000 prior for rings. I will be going in there in the next 2 days and will be demanding my wife’s ring back. Never again will I ever step foot in Fred Meyer after this.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I purchased a Gents Citizen Eco with a blue face and white metal from Fred Meyer's in CDA Idaho. In less than a year the dial that controlled the action simply fell out. I returned it to Fred Meyer's and was told it would cost me $20 to return it to Citizen to see what the repairs would consist of. I asked if it was covered by Citizen for the repairs and was told NO even though it had only been 8 months and 3 days to be exact. Once it was sent in I received a phone call saying it would cost $375.00 to repair and Fred Meyer valued the watch at $290.00 even though I spent nearly $400 to purchase the watch from them. Check out the video of the final days of the watch on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and any other source I can display the video. DO NOT BUY FROM FRED MEYER JEWELERS OR CITIZEN IF YOU'D LIKE A QUALITY WATCH.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I have had my wedding ring for 2 years now and there has been 2 diamonds lost from it. I sent it in for inspection and 2nd missing diamond because they closed all their stores in Wichita and now i have to send it in. Anyhow, it had been gone for 3 weeks and I just got it back yesterday. They had sent it back to me with an additional diamond missing out of the ring. I told the customer service lady that I am extremely upset about this and I feel like they don't even inspect my ring at all. This is horrible. I love my ring and the way it looks but I almost wish we didn't get my ring from Fred Meyer.

Original review: March 20, 2021

My rings was purchased in 2014 before stores closed. I recently contacted FM to have my ring resized. I was assuming that I would end up having to mail it, and was disappointed that it ended up being the case. I got the email with QR code right away, but never the inspection form. I emailed back right away so we could send it right out, and still have yet to get this form. It's super annoying that something so simple isn't done yet. I hope that my ring will be taken care of like they did when they were local.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Purchased all of my wife's jewelry from here and loved this store and the people but after closing all the stores in our state the lifetime care is completely worthless. Been 2 weeks and no idea where our jewelry is.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I bought a 5,000 dollar ring from this company along with the lifetime warranty. They have closed all their stores in my state, and I have been on hold numerous times, left numerous emails and tons of emails trying to get a shipping label for repairs and then now 3 weeks later still waiting on my ring to come back to me. The last time after holding to speak with a supervisor I was told there was nothing they could do. There is no reason that these warranty checks can't be done by a local jewelry store that they can contract with. The fact that they expect us to send our rings and valuables through the mail, even with it being fully insured, is absolutely unacceptable. I don't want to sell my wedding ring just so I can go to another jewelry store that's near me. That would probably break my heart. I will NEVER buy another thing from Fred Meyer. And I hope anyone else that is just as upset as I am never does either.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I bought a 9,000 dollar ring from this company along with the lifetime warranty. They have closed all their stores in my state. I have been on hold numerous times, left numerous emails and tons of emails trying to get a shipping label for repairs. They don’t respond to any of their emails or messages. The last time after holding to speak with a supervisor I got disconnected as soon as I was transferred. And they couldn’t be bothered with calling me back. Had to go thru the whole hold again. Save yourself the headache. Don’t buy from this retailer.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I can’t believe that because they closed all of the stores in my state, that I am expected to MAIL my $10k ring TWICE per year for an inspection. What if my ring gets lost, stolen, or damaged? Who would ever be comfortable with mailing a $10k ring to God knows where? They should allow you to transfer your lifetime warranty package to a local jeweler or chain. I am NOT comfortable with this.

Original review: April 20, 2020

They're friendly and affordable. They always help me when I come in without being pushy. I also love their warranty. Everything in their stores are always clean and bright. I Would highly recommend them. I love Fred Meyers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I am very disappointed with my expensive purchase ($4,000.00) of my wedding ring. When I was deciding to purchase the ring the sales associate NEVER informed me that because it was white gold versus titanium that I would have to pay $80.00 a year to have it re-dipped or it would start to discolor. I never would have purchased the ring if I had been informed that the ring would discolor on an annual basis.

Fred Meyer Jewelers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Fred Meyer Jewelers is a jewelry company founded in 1973 by jeweler Fred G. Meyer as a jewelry catalog-showroom company. The company, which operates retail locations in malls and larger department stores in California, the Midwest, and much of the Northeastern U.S., offers a wide range of jewelry products. The company operates under both of the names Fred Meyer Jewelers and Littman Jewelers.

• Free shipping: Fred Meyer offers free shipping on any orders over a minimum dollar amount for customer convenience.

• Convenient locations: The company has more than 300 brick-and-mortar stores across the United States, making it easy for customers to find and visit one of its locations.

• Community-minded: In addition to selling jewelry to customers, Fred Meyer Jewelers is community-minded. The company gives more than 200,000 dollars to charities each year, including the Humane Society and Breast Cancer Research.

• Legitimate sources: Fred Meyer guarantees all diamonds sold by the company are from legitimate sources. The sources are not involved in funding conflict and comply with all United States laws, so customers can be sure they are not supporting any dangerous or unlawful activities.

• Children's jewelry: Fred Meyer offers jewelry in children's sizes so shoppers can purchase smaller pieces.

Fred Meyer Jewelers Company Information