1.37/5
Based on 57 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

61 Famous Footwear Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 4, 2018

Shipping is good. I also always find my size online. Size 5 is hard to get. Deals are better too and I earn points to receive dollar rewards towards another purchase.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Bought pair of Nike's. Had to return. Didn't fit. Rude treatment by man working in the store. Very disappointed. Explained the problem with the shoes. He could have cared less. I truly feel they are mismarked size wise. So someone else will have an issue like myself and be treated poorly as well. This was at the 44th St and Thomas store in Phoenix, Arizona.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Ordered a size 6 in men online and received a size 6 in women. Returned to store and arranged new order, received the wrong size a second time. Called Famous Footwear customer service and arranged a new order and returned the wrong size through mail. RECEIVED the wrong size (women 6 instead of men 6) for a 3rd time and this time the shoes were thrown into the bag with only half the shoe box. Will never order anything online here ever again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Bought 4 pairs of Nikes online for the first time. I was not sure which size to get, since Nike seems to run big at times. None of them fit. Tried to get them in a smaller size but they were all gone so I ran to my local store in Millville to return. I noticed one of them were on clearance and wondered why. The girl who was a bit rude behind the counter stated that she was able to return all 3 of them except for the one on clearance. I asked, "Why?" She said they looked worn. WORN??? I asked?!! If you count trying them on then YES they were WORN!!! Were they were WORN out at the gym?? No. She insisted they were WORN and we went back and forth for at least 10 minutes. I said maybe the reason they were on clearance was because they were already worn before they were shipped to my house!!! Dead silence. She had NOTHING to say.

I stormed out and called online number and they apologized for the behavior of the so called assistant manager and that they would be mailing out a prepaid label to have them shipped back to them. That was on March 11th. Now here it is... March 24th and no shipping label. I have called back twice and the representatives swear it's been sent out. Hmmm isn't it funny I am receiving ALL my other mail but the one from Famous?!

I finally ask for a supervisor. A girl named Michelle got on the phone and I'm not sure who she slept with to get the position of a "supervisor", because it definitely wasn't due to her intelligence nor her professional attitude. She is RUDE, obnoxious and lazy. She said the labels have been mailed but had no answer as to why I have not gotten them. Then two seconds later she says, "it's not our responsibility to mail them out." Ok idiot, so you're basically telling on yourself that they were never mailed!! Who didn't know that??? I am DONE with Famous Footwear. They are a bunch of crooks. Unprofessional and the quality of their shoes SUCK. Beware. You may just be wearing a pair of shoes that are worn already and they claim are NEW!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

A week ago, I bought four pairs of shoes from Famous Footwear, two pairs online, two pairs in store. Because a couple of the styles and colors were similar, I returned one of these four pairs of shoes. At that time I was issued with a warning telling me that if I tried to return a future item, I could be refused and that I would have to wait 180 days to do so. I called the tel. no. on the warning, and spoke to a company called the Retail Equation who emailed me my return activity report with Famous Footwear (never heard of this company or of a return activity report!).

I noticed that last year during the summer, when I had a bit of trouble with sizes and styles, I had returned a few items. I had also returned a couple of items earlier in the year last year. The report did not show whether I had replaced these items with different shoes, or in fact what I had spent in purchases at Famous Footwear during that year or previous years. Because I was getting this warning when I had just purchased four pairs of shoes from Famous Footwear, returning only one of these, I felt shamed and offended at getting such a warning.

If Famous Footwear keeps tabs on returns and issues warnings, then why not have a simple no return policy? Shoes can be hard to get right in terms of sizing and style. Oftentimes my local store does not have my size and I have to order online and occasionally the size is not right when the shoe arrives since different styles can also be different in their sizing. I have been a good customer over the years at Famous Footwear, but due to this policy around returns, which does not sit well with me, I will no longer be setting foot inside a Famous Footwear store again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Famous Footwear?

Original review: March 2, 2018

I bought a Nike shoe which I hardly wore for 2 months and they have started to tear from the stitch. The customer service is not ready to help as it is 60 days. They have policy for gold members that says 90 days. They should take into consideration some exceptional cases. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have bought a lot of shoes in the past couple of years. I used to go to Marshall and discount shoe stores outlets and such. But I have started going exclusively to Famous Footwear the past year or two because the quality seems to be better than the big box stores. I have recently purchased a pair of Lugz brigade boots on sale only online. When they arrived I didn't know what to expect but they were shipped securely. I went online today to see if they had any specials on shoes because my Chuck Taylor's are starting to fall apart from use. They lasted a little under a year and many many miles walked. I found some Levi's that were $40. I found a coupon for 15% off and had a $5 coupon from the boots I ordered gave me enough points for the coupon. Add to that I had free shipping because apparently I am a gold member. The total for my Levi's shoes with tax was $30 and some change shipped. Not a bad price.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We had an excellent customer service and satisfaction experience with Famous Footwear. We ordered a pair of sneakers for our son at the store which we should have received with within three days. After waiting for at least five days, I checked the tracking number and found out that the shoes were delivered to us within 48 hours from the order, but unfortunately we never received the shipment. Our security cameras also showed no FedEx vehicle or personnel on our door at that time. It was probably shipped to the wrong address. I immediately contacted Famous Footwear and reported the incident, they trusted me and shipped another similar pair right away. I just received the shipment. I commend Famous Footwear for their prompt response and excellent customer service. They have won themselves a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I try to wait for a sale. If I know what shoe I want I just order it online as I don't have to worry if the local store is stocked with my size. They have bogos frequently.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Advice to anyone who is reading this. Please avoid visiting Famous Footwear in North Lakes (Westfield). We bought a pair of shoes for my wife from the shop for a special evening for $50. After wearing for 30 mins my wife was not able to stand because it was extremely tight around her ankle and the glue from the edges was coming off. She decided to spend the rest of the evening without wearing them and return them the very next day.

When we took them to the shop the assistant advised that we were able to exchange them for one size bigger. After trying the new pair of shoes when brought to the counter, the Store Manager advised that is no deal because the previous shoes have been worn once. She ignored the fact the assistant had advised to get new pairs. We decided to leave the new and old with the manager as the old ones were not acceptable and surely not of good quality. I will make sure not to visit another famous footwear again and will surely spread the word around.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes through their BOGO 1/2 off offer online. One of the pairs of shoes, I received 2 DIFFERENT SIZE shoes. One was a size 7 and one was a size 9 (my actual size). In all of my many years of ordering shoes online, I've NEVER received a pair with 2 different sizes. I don't think I've ever received a pair that was the wrong size. Because I need to wear for a event coming up in less than a week. I would have like that they would quickly rectify the issue and send me my correct product immediately. But NO, I would have to go a Famous Footwear store to return the shoes BEFORE they would send me my correct pair that I ALREADY PAID FOR!!! I was high upset. This business is awful and has terrible customer service. I highly would NOT recommend anyone to ever make purchases online or in store with Famous Footwear.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I ordered three pairs of shoes online and only received one pair. I have called twice and both times were told they don't have any information, just be patient. How can they not know where my shoes are and why did I only receive one pair?

Original review: July 25, 2017

I ordered shoes online for my kids. Both pairs were sized weird and didn't fit. I contacted them to see if I could exchange them for another size and they said they do not do exchanges for online orders but I could return them and reorder in the size that fits. It was when I went to return them that I realized they do not do free returns for online orders! I do A LOT of online shopping and have truly never ran into this issue before. It's my mistake for not making sure they cover return shipping before I ordered, and I'll own that but I'm still not happy! I reached out to the company and they were not willing to make a one time exception or help me in any other way.

The closest FF is over 3 hours away so now I'm either going to have to eat the cost of returning them (probably half of what I paid) or eat some cost by selling them cheaper on a resale site or something. Either way it's been a big hassle, and money wasted, and I wanted to warn others of this policy before they purchase. Why waste your time with this company when there are plenty of other stores who will give free return shipping with the same prices? This is certainly my first and LAST purchase with FF!

Original review: July 14, 2017

Terrible customer service. I bought a pair of Rockport that began to fall apart after 2.5 months of daily wear. Famous Footwear policy is not to take return after 2 months. While I know this may be standard, I expect a pair of shoes to last longer than 2.5 months. Neither the store nor the online "Help desk" would consider a partial rebate or return.

Original review: June 12, 2017

The assist manager on duty made me feel like a criminal. When I walked in with the bag of the shoe I was returning and immediately she said a loud voice, "I'll take your bag", walking briskly towards me. She was very abrasive because the color of my skin she assumed that I was going to steal something. Another employee and manager watched me the whole time while I looked for a different shoes. I was returning a pair of shoes to get another style. I visited the Famous Footwear at 833 NE Mall Blvd in Hurst, TX. On 6/7/17. I will shop at another store that will not instantly passing judgment on me so. I won't be buying any shoe from you guys again. There are other stores that I can shop at that will treat me as a valued customer. I feel that you need to train your staff more on provided excellent customer service because the people you should watching are the very customer that will steal from you!

Original review: June 9, 2017

Bought a pair of shoes at the store, everything went through and my credit card was charged. I tried to find them using tracking number I was given. Couldn't find anything. Called customer support. Was told it takes 3 days for them to show up, but was told my order was cancelled and I would get a refund. It has been over 2 weeks and NO refund yet. Went to another Famous Footwear store and ordered another pair of shoes paid for them, and same thing my order was cancelled and I'm still waiting for a refund. When I called customer service I was told it takes 3 weeks for a refund cause they send out a check instead of just crediting the credit card you used to pay for the shoes. So now I'm waiting for 2 refunds. I will not be buying anything from Famous Footwear anymore.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I get email ads from Famous Footwear constantly because I made an online purchase. I finally clicked the "unsubscribe" tab and it brings up an error message saying it can't process the request. I tried this over several days on different search engines with no luck. I finally had to call customer service and they said they would unsubscribe me but it may take up to two weeks for any changes. Let's see what happens.

Original review: March 24, 2017

3/24/17 I bought a pair of shoes from Famous Footwear and one of the shoes was poorly made. The back of one shoe was partly missing and was unwearable. So if you buy any products from them, be prepared to have to ship it back. They did email me a prepaid shipping label and I will be refunded, but I'll never buy anything from them ever again. I'm just not willing to waste my time when I can buy from other places that sell good quality products!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Your employees made me feel like a criminal when I walked in. I had to get a pair of shoes because someone stole mine off the porch so I didn't have any shoes to put on. I walked in to the Famous Footwear on I-20 and Carrier in Grand PRAIRIE TX. on 2/6/17. I told them why I didn't have any shoes on. One person ran to the front door and the other watched me. After I paid and left, she moved from the doorway. I like to go somewhere and shop without someone instantly passing judgment on me so I won't be buying any shoe from you guys again. I've been shopping there for years or more.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I ordered a pair of Asics sneakers from famous footwear on line. After third time of wearing them I noticed that left sneaker was coming apart from the seams. I emailed famous footwear regarding defect of product and no response. I called and spoke with store manager of famous footwear near me and I was advised to look up contact information online to call Asics directly. Famous footwear does not deal with or accept returns for defective products that they sell. Only accept unworn sneakers within 30 days. NOt responsible for DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS THAT THEY SELL???

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I ordered Sperry shoes which were my size. They were shipped to me and size 7 was too big. My intent was to order one size smaller. Famous Footwear has not received my shoes and I lost my receipt from the post office which by the way cost me 10.50 to ship back. Why would I keep them and I suspect they are back at the distribution center but "something" happened and now I can't prove that I shipped them back and they don't have them. So, now I am out shoes plus another 10.50 plus the cost of the shoes. Never again... I am very upset.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

TWICE we have ordered shoes from Famous Footwear - and paid for them - only to be told later that the shoes were no longer available and that a refund check would be sent soon. These were TWO separate incidences involve girls shoes once and men's shoes the second time. The whole process lasted nearly a month both times - that was a month they had my money and I had no shoes. If they are doing this to many customers at once then imagine the interest they are earning on all that money while it is in their account! I will NEVER buy shoes from them again - the worst part is that for all my troubles they only offered me a measly $15 coupon - to buy more of their shoes. Yeah right!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

Dismal Customer Service! Order two pairs of shoes for my kids on Sept. 9, 2016. Received one pair right way, very happy, but never received the second pair. Tracking showed it was ready to ship, waited three weeks and then called Famous Footwear; they found the error and promised to send the shoes with a new confirmation code. Second shipment comes, WRONG shoes, not even close. Call Famous Footwear again, this time they tell me I will need to send the wrong shoes back, and once I can prove that they are shipped back, they will finally send me the shoes that I ordered and paid for a month ago.

Called back after a few days and asked to speak to a manager and expressed what poor service the company offered, and was informed that they had done me a favor. Usually, the shoes have to be proven to be returned, in stock, before the correct order is sent out. Mistakes happen, and am very patient, but not happy that I have to prove I returned their mistake before I finally get the merchandise that I paid for.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I ordered a package two weeks ago, and never received it. I called FedEx (which is how the package was shipped), and was told that the driver did not drop the package off because no one was at home. The tracking system on the computer stated that the package was delivered. This was after I called to authorize that my package be dropped off while I wasn't home. I was told that it would be dropped off the next day, but the package never arrived. Also, a tracking slip was not left on the door, (which would at least prove that the driver stopped by).

I called FedEx again, and was told again that the package would be dropped off. I still did not receive any package. I called a third time, and was placed on hold for nearly 45 minutes, (with brief increments of the customer rep claiming they were getting hold of the station). I was then told that the driver dropped the package off, (which was not true). After the last phone call with FedEx, I then proceeded to contact Famous Footwear to request a refund, in which I was told that I would have to wait 3-5 business days for them to investigate (even though it was FedEx who lost my package).

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I bought from Famous Footwear twice in 2015. This September 2016 I attempted on two occasions to purchase and the company cancelled my order for no given reason. I usually buy online and there is funds on my card! They will not tell me why... When I called they still would not give an explanation. I did a live chat. They still will not give a reason and tells me to call. THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced. These people just do not care for you as a customer. I never thought I would experience this backward type of service in this modern time. If I could give no stars I would!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I bought four pairs of shoes for some nieces and nephews that were starting back to school. The twins were ordered the same shoe in different colors. The one pair arrived right away. Three weeks later the second pair has still not arrived. I called Famous Footwear and the guy was nice enough, but said the FedEx label was made but the shoes never shipped. The pink shoes I ordered were not available any longer. I had to choose a different pair and since it has been so long I had to update the shipping address since they are moving in a few days.

I was not offered a discount or coupon for my trouble. If I hadn't called them, I guess they would have kept my money as I was not refunded even though the shoes are out of stock now and they have never been mailed. Nobody contacted me to see if I wanted another choice of color. We ended up with mint because it was in stock. Poor customer service. If a mistake like this was made, then some kind of coupon or discount should apply. A letter saying they are sorry for what happened and that it is being investigated would be nice. How does this even happen? So one little girl started preschool without her new shoes (the only one out of the four that didn't get her shoes) because the service online at Famous Footwear is lacking. I shop there often and I am very disappointed.

Original review: June 4, 2016

I've ordered a few times online. First time was fine. Second time they cancelled part of my order because it was out of stock and refunded me my money. Important to note, they were able to cancel it a day after I placed it because it suited them. I placed an order today. When I checked the confirmation email I saw that the wrong size was ordered. Assumed it was my fault. Called customer service. This is 3 hours after placing the order. No can't cancel. It can't order you the right size unless you want to pay for it. Seeing as I only had enough money in my account to get the one pair of kid’s shoes that wasn't happening.

So I accepted the fact I was either going to have to pay more money for a cab to the nearest FedEx store or get the train up to White Plains from the Bronx to return in store and no guarantee they would have the correct size, then I went into the website (just to test how had I made the mistake of ordering the wrong size), selected size 5, add to cart, size frigging 12 shoes up in the cart AGAIN, so now I realize it wasn't my fault and I am pissed.

Call customer service again. Same garbage. She will order me the correct size but only if I pay. When I explain to her it was their fault, their website, I got a rather **, "well, ms... It's letting me select size 5 on my computer". I lost it with that. I am 8 months pregnant, have to go spending more money on travel in this heat to just return a stupid pair of sandals that I didn't order in the wrong size and for that "person" on the other end of the phone to insinuate that I was lying about the website glitch. That finished me. Like I said they can cancel an order when it suits them but not when they've ** up someone's order and have the money taken out. I'll be in my bank or onto PayPal trying to stop the transaction.

Original review: April 27, 2016

My husband and I have started shopping solely with Amazon Prime. It is very pleasant and quick shipping. I found a really nice pair of Nike Flex 4 sneakers that I wanted for my toddler. I couldn't find them on Amazon Prime. I found them on sale at Famous Footwear. I have never shopped with them never been in any of their stores. I order the sneakers 4/18/2016 read the shipping time of up 7 days. I was displeased with that but I liked the sale price and the sneakers. I receive an email with tracking, it's being shipped via FedEx. Ok no problem. I normally receive my shipping from FedEx without too many issues. A few days later I check the tracking and see it's been transferred to USPS. Uh oh let the problems begin. The sneakers were supposed to be shipped to me 4/23/2016. We had dance class that morning so we left a note to leave the package with apt 1 which is where my Mother is.

I get home. No USPS notice of delivery. Nothing. I call the post office and I am told to call back Monday. I request a redelivery via USPS website. Monday comes 4/25/2016 and nothing. BUT there is a notice dated 4/23/2016 in my mail on 4/25. I received an updated email for redelivery for Tuesday. I check today 4/26/2016 only to see it is being sent back to Famous Footwear!

I call Famous Footwear and ask for a refund. The incompetent rep asked to place me on hold. I obliged. The rep comes back on the line and states since he cannot confirm the sneakers are being returned to them I will have to wait until the 8th day. He stated Famous Footwear's policy is 7 days to receive an item. The tracking on both FedEx and USPS site clearly stated the items were being returned to the merchant. So what more information is needed to see I am no longer receiving the item! He said, "There's nothing else I can do until the 8th day which would be the 30th!!!" I called my bank and did a chargeback! Famous Footwear is terrible! Their policies make not an ounce of sense and this is the first and last time I will ever order from them!!! I don't care if they have a 100% off coupon!!! Terrible.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I recently received an order that was placed online for a pair of sneakers. Upon receipt of this order, I noticed I had been shipped the wrong item. It was clear that I had been shipped the wrong size as the box clearly showed the size. I checked packing slip to make sure the error was not on the original order and not my error. The packing slip clearly displayed the size I should have received. Upon contacting customer service, resolution to this issue falls on the customer. The company does not accept any accountability for the error. All resolutions are really at inconvenience to the customer. The company clearly does not value customer business otherwise they would ensure that in the event of errors that the customer walks away satisfied and happy. This did not occur. In fact after speaking to a supervisor, the supervisor ended the calling hanging up on me.

This is completely and totally unprofessional and unacceptable way to conduct business especially if customers are valued. Without customers they have no business. Needless to say I am stuck with sneakers that are the wrong size unless I go to a store to receive and exchange or package the item up and send it back with a label they will send. However, I need to make sure FedEx receives the package and it is not until they receive the package that they will ship a replacement. Unless I am willing to pay for the replacement and then receive a refund upon receipt of the wrong pair. Again all resolutions fall on my part and famous footwear is not absorbing any part of the error. Companies that value their customers send out replacements as soon as they are made aware of the error. This is what should be done. It should not be my responsibility to rectify their error.

Original review: March 22, 2016

This company is so unorganized! Why are some orders shipped to address by USPS, UPS or Fed EX, and then you can't change shipping instructions with the carrier or even pick up at a UPS or FedEx location! This is Famous Footwear policy and the delivery carriers. I had a shipment coming to my address this time by FedEx. I called ahead of delivery so I could go and pick up package at FedEx location in town. When I called to reschedule, I was told they have restrictions on this shipment and I can't pick up at FedEx location any other change! Too much of a hassle for me. I strongly recommend buying shoes at other retailers!!

Famous Footwear Company Information