1.33/5

84 Famous Footwear Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 20, 2019

Bought a pair of Nike's from Famous Footwear. The quality is unbelievably terrible. Never will I purchase shoes from this company again. Not only that, but the box they came in was damaged and they sent the pair that had been for people to try on. So disappointed I wasted so much money. And such an embarrassment to Nike.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I bought shoes during the bogo sale. As I tried them on and if they didn't fit I returned them. After the 7th return the clerk informed me Famous Footwear will not allow any more returns and that I needed to contact another company they work with to see if they would overturn this option. On the receipt you could make returns up to 60 days with receipt. The sale was from 5/04/2019. I tried to return on 5/24/2019. No one at the store know what this limit was or why they don't document this. I contacted BBB. They reached out to them about this and they still wanted me to contact this third body company. I did with no response. No worries. I won't be shopping there again. If I spend my money there I should be able to do a return there without issues like this.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My wife and I visited the Famous Footwear at Tanger Outlets in Atlantic City. Brought my purchase to the register. The cashier wasnt too friendly at all. She asked for my email address. I declined, then she asked for my home address. I also declined. She insisted I had to give her one or the other to make my purchase. It is a wonder this company can stay in business with such an invasive policy. Needless to say I told her to keep their shoes, walked across the street to their competition and got them there for less money to boot, no pun intended. :) Will never set foot in their store again.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Recently purchased Vans sneakers from Famous Footwear and discovered they are fakes - counterfeit. Returning products after filing a complaint with the company. Very dissatisfied, and will not shop there again. Consumers are being misled and taken advantage of shopping at Famous Footwear.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I made a purchase for $80 from FamousFootwear.com on March 8. I received an email that the item was shipped on March 9. However, the tracking information received for FedEx, and Famous Footwear's website itself, stated that the package was never picked up by FedEx and was still at the warehouse in Washington state—only a label had been printed for the package.

I contacted their help department and was told that it was an issue of FedEx "not updating their tracking" (which I've never experienced before). Even after several days of this passed, I was told I had to wait until 10 days after my order was "shipped" before FF would "investigate" whether or not it was, in fact, actually shipped. (Seriously.)

So I waited, and on the 10th day contacted them. I was notified that there had been "an error processing my order" and that it would be shipped 2-day shipping (after another day required for processing). The customer service women was perfectly nice, but we'll see if I actually receive the item this time. If I do, it will be 17 days since I placed the order.

After reading all of the other reviews in which similar things happened to FF customers (including those whose orders were canceled after 10+ days), I can't help but think that FF is either VERY disorganized when it comes to processing online orders, or purposefully taking their customers' money even when they know an item may not be in stock or available. I will obviously never order from them again, and caution you not to either, unless you want a headache.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Famous Footwear?

Original review: March 6, 2019

Ordered a pair of shoes and PAID for shipping 3-5 days. Well ends up that I will not receive the product for 10 days. When asked why it takes so long they stated that if the shipping route is extended it can take longer. I live 10 min from Georgia in Chattanooga, TN and they are shipping from Georgia? If you want your product in a timely manner do not order from Famous Footwear!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I will never shop with this company again. I placed an order on February 22nd and it stated 2 to 5 business days to receive. I did not receive by March 2nd, so I contacted Famous Footwear through chat. I was told by the representative that an error was made on my order and it was Famous Footwear’s fault. She said she was reissuing the order and she was mailing it 2 day so I could receive it for a trip I was going on. I receive an email today stating I will receive it on March 8th! (which is too late for my trip).

I again chat with a representative and am told that the representative told me she could not send it 2 day as it was coming from 2 different stores. I do not recall this at all. She told me 2 day. I then call and am told that there is no way it can be sent any sooner. How is this possible? If I go right now to the post office to mail something...I can OVERNIGHT it. Apparently this company will not do that, even when they make the error. This is terrible customer service!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered shoes online with the notion of keeping them. I received and tried them on however they didn't fit my foot. So I went into a local store to return them and walked out with a refund for the shoes but not shipping. I called their Cust Svc asking for my shipping refund but was told flatly they don't refund shipping unless the item was the wrong item. But which at that point send another item. I asked to have my account deleted from their site and it was escalated but haven't heard back, nor do I feel I ever will. Basically know your shipping charges will never be refunded. And my patronage will never step foot into that store again, unless I am in need to use their restroom facilities and will be leaving something that I already think of them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Went to Famous Footwear to look for shoes for my two sons. When we walked in two workers were standing by the register gossiping about other coworker, they didn't address us much less offer to help us. I was looking for sizes and helping my sons, one of them had to use the restroom. I looked around and saw a door with the restroom sign on it and told him to go. About a minute or so I heard the female worker being rude with someone and telling them to get out, I looked over and saw that she was standing outside the restroom. I immediately went over and asked if we couldn't use the restroom, she said in a rude manner, "It's for employees only."

I explained that there was nothing indicating that, she said that only employees could go back there because they had merchandise back there and that we shouldn't be back there as if we opened a door to get back there. They had left the door open while gossiping instead of doing their job. But ok my son got out and apologized for going in the restroom, and didn't even acknowledge him and was looking at him as if he was stealing something. I got upset and told her she didn't have to be rude about it and she started to tell me things as if we were thieves. I told her to have respect for customers and she was still being rude. I told my kids, "Let's get out of here." They were so rude and disrespectful. I will never set foot on any of their stores again and I hope that no one does either. The store is on Herdon Ave in Fresno, Ca.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Today I went into this store to buy my daughter a pair of shoes for school. As I was standing in line waiting to purchase the item, I asked the “Assistant Manager” his name is Eduardo for a plastic bag, and with a condescending tone he replied, “I am not allowed to give you one until you make a purchase!” He took extremely long with the customer that was in front of me, but I waited patiently.

When it was my turn, I approached the counter and I asked him, "So now can I get a plastic bag," he replied, “Not until this purchase is completed.” I stated what is the problem with getting a bag, and I asked for a Manager and he stated, “I am the Manager” and I asked for the corporate office number and him to write down his name and he replied, “You know what I am going to refuse you service," and I asked why and he said “You can look up the corporate office number and yourself, I want you out of my store”... FAMOUS FOOTWEAR should be ashamed to have someone like this working in customer service, I was racially profiled and discriminated against. I want this person TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY because he is flat out RACIST!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Bought Vans for my son, had them less than 24 hours, he decided he didn't like them. Took them back, couldn't get refund, only store credit. Shopped there at least 10 years, and will never go back. So many other shoe stores to choose from.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Purchased shoes online as a Christmas gift. Order was accepted and then days later on Dec. 13 received an email stating shoes had shipped. Today on December 18 got an email saying they were out of stock and cancelled my order. How is that possible? Buyers beware.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Ordered a pair of Saucony sneakers as a gift for Christmas. Shoes arrived in a envelope with the top missing on the smashed box. No tissue or tags on sneakers. Wrote to customer service who proceeded to state I must reorder the shoes pay for them again and take 20 percent off. The shoes are $20.00 more to reorder and with discount will cost me $5.00 more plus shipping to return the beat up shoes they sent me. I asked if they could replace once I return. No. Not their policy. Will never order from this shady business again. Plan to go to attorney general on them. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Awful experience at Famous Footwear... I'm visiting Portland and stopped into one of these stores. In the middle of ringing me out at the cash register the woman serving me said in a panic "someone else will help you. We have an incident" and off she went. The other woman was there in an instant and rang me out. I turned around to see that the "incident" was 4 ** woman in their 30s laughing and looking at shoes. The woman who was serving me was sticking to them like glue watching their every move. They were doing nothing wrong! The entire incident was disgusting.

When I left the store the 4 were right behind me. I turned around and apologized to them for what happened. One asked me: "you noticed". I told her the entire situation was inexcusable. Each thanked me and hugged me and wished me well. Their response made me feel good but I was so ashamed of how they were treated for no reason other than the **. I know I will not go into that franchise again!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

A store offered to look for the size needed for a bday gift for my niece. We were told another store had them & she could order them online I would have them in 3 days. That night I had an email. The order was placed w my credit card. I called today which is the time they told me I should have them. They said the store they ordered them from probably sold them. They are looking for another pair. I asked why would they do that when the sales girl told them to hold them so they can be shipped & I paid for them.

She said they only hold them 24 hrs. She looked & said another store very far has a pair. I can go to my store to order them. I said I already did that 3 days ago. I called customer service explained this is a bday gift for my niece. Could she help me. The second girl I talked to told me the order was rejected because the shoes were not there. I asked what they can do to help. She said wait until Friday if they dont find them they will start a refund. Didnt not care that I was told 3 different stories. I will never shop there again. Especially it was a gift they did not care. Bad service. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I ordered sneakers as an anniversary gift and a week later I received the wrong order. I ordered Men's Black Puma Enzo sneakers size 8 and received Men's Nike Gray Roshes size 10. When I called customer service they told me I would need to wait for them to send me a return label then send the wrong ones back then they will send mine when they receive the wrong ones. I am very disappointed as this was their mistake.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I purchased shoes from Famous Footwear and thought I would keep them, so threw out the box. I never wore them. I later decided that I didn't want them. This was well inside the return policy guidelines. I went with my husband to return the shoes. I had the unworn shoes, the tag that is attached to the shoes by plastic thread, and my receipt. From the moment I set the shoes on the counter and said I wanted to return them, I felt they were treating me like a lying criminal. They were turning the straps inside out to check for wear, looking at the shoe in great detail. They had already checked the soles, which were spotless.

The two associates were talking between themselves to determine whether I could return them, and looking at me suspiciously. They finally did do the return, but at that point, I was ready to leave, with or without the refund. I have never been treated at any store (including thrift stores) in this manner while requesting a return. I will not be returning to Famous Footwear, which is now famous to me for something else...

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I ordered two pairs of shoes over a month ago. The first pair arrived in five days as described. Shipping was guaranteed within 3-5 business days. Two weeks after not receiving my second pair, I called customer service, spent twenty minutes on the phone only to be told that no information was known and that I would receive a call from the shipping company. That call was never received. Another week went by and still no shoes or follow up from Famous Footwear. I called again this morning. Customer representative was more efficient this time (placing a “Lost Shipment” order) but was rude and offered nothing in the way of compensation for Famous Footwear’s lack of delivery in a timely manner or follow up. We will see if I actually receive product (will be at least an additional week from today). Either way, this is the last time I shop from Famous Footwear.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

They delivered my kids shoes in a timely manner, but the shipping company left them on my steps with my 100+ pound puppy. Needless to say it wasn't pretty within an hour. They refunded me my money for the destroyed shoes. Amazing customer service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I've been waiting for my shoes for 2 WEEKS! It showed delivered but I NEVER see it. I called the customer service 3 times with spending 2 HOURS and they said they will work on that. However, I'm still waiting my shoes with NO RESPONSE!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I ordered some shoes online and went to the store to pick them up for free shipping, I tried them on at the store and the assistant sales manager helped me. The shoe was a little too big in the heel, so she suggested I try an 8 instead of the 8 1/2. I did and it fit better. I waited at the counter 15-20 minutes to exchange the shoes, they would glance over at me and still ignored me, talking to other customers out on the floor. So I went over and took the 8 1/2 shoes out of the bag, and took the size 8's and put them in the bag, and walked out with my receipt. I decided a few days later, I wanted a dressier shoes, so I went back with the shoes and my receipt. The clerk said the size didn't match the receipt. I told her what happened. She called over an assistant manager that was the girl that had helped me.

She remembered me, and STILL wouldn't help me by giving me a refund because "the system" wouldn't allow her to as the size didn't match what was on the receipt. I have worked many years in retail, 10 years in refunds at Price Club. I asked to speak to a manager, she told me she was the manager for that night. I said I never saw a time that a manager couldn't override the "system" with a key on the register and help the customer and give them their money back. Instead, I got a store credit, and if I took THOSE shoes back it would be an unending store credit, never getting over $50 back! I can't stand this store and their cheap crappy policies and never want to do business their again. They deserve to go bankrupt, because this place does not believe in the customer being right. Shame on their horrible lack of honesty too-she knew I was looking for the other size and still wouldn't help me.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Order was not received. I emailed and called. When I called the rep was very rude refusing to get me to her manager. I told her I would hold. She was just poor at her job. She said this is the policy. "THEY DO NOT REQUIRE FEDEX FOR SIGNATURES WHEN SHIPPING TO YOUR HOME. My package was admittedly not signed for yesterday. She wants me to wait until Monday in case the driver finds package. Iris who works at the call center is so rude. They are all rude asf. Won't ever shop them again.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Just received a pair of their shoes that are clearly mislabeled. I ordered size seven 2E, but these are clearly much larger. This is not the first time this has happened to me. I once received a pair so small that they made my feet bleed when I ran in them. NB needs to get their crap together; you can never be sure anymore if the size you order and that your shoes are labeled as is going to be the actual size. Ridiculous.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Shipping is good. I also always find my size online. Size 5 is hard to get. Deals are better too and I earn points to receive dollar rewards towards another purchase.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Bought pair of Nike's. Had to return. Didn't fit. Rude treatment by man working in the store. Very disappointed. Explained the problem with the shoes. He could have cared less. I truly feel they are mismarked size wise. So someone else will have an issue like myself and be treated poorly as well. This was at the 44th St and Thomas store in Phoenix, Arizona.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Ordered a size 6 in men online and received a size 6 in women. Returned to store and arranged new order, received the wrong size a second time. Called Famous Footwear customer service and arranged a new order and returned the wrong size through mail. RECEIVED the wrong size (women 6 instead of men 6) for a 3rd time and this time the shoes were thrown into the bag with only half the shoe box. Will never order anything online here ever again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Bought 4 pairs of Nikes online for the first time. I was not sure which size to get, since Nike seems to run big at times. None of them fit. Tried to get them in a smaller size but they were all gone so I ran to my local store in Millville to return. I noticed one of them were on clearance and wondered why. The girl who was a bit rude behind the counter stated that she was able to return all 3 of them except for the one on clearance. I asked, "Why?" She said they looked worn. WORN??? I asked?!! If you count trying them on then YES they were WORN!!! Were they were WORN out at the gym?? No. She insisted they were WORN and we went back and forth for at least 10 minutes. I said maybe the reason they were on clearance was because they were already worn before they were shipped to my house!!! Dead silence. She had NOTHING to say.

I stormed out and called online number and they apologized for the behavior of the so called assistant manager and that they would be mailing out a prepaid label to have them shipped back to them. That was on March 11th. Now here it is... March 24th and no shipping label. I have called back twice and the representatives swear it's been sent out. Hmmm isn't it funny I am receiving ALL my other mail but the one from Famous?!

I finally ask for a supervisor. A girl named Michelle got on the phone and I'm not sure who she slept with to get the position of a "supervisor", because it definitely wasn't due to her intelligence nor her professional attitude. She is RUDE, obnoxious and lazy. She said the labels have been mailed but had no answer as to why I have not gotten them. Then two seconds later she says, "it's not our responsibility to mail them out." Ok idiot, so you're basically telling on yourself that they were never mailed!! Who didn't know that??? I am DONE with Famous Footwear. They are a bunch of crooks. Unprofessional and the quality of their shoes SUCK. Beware. You may just be wearing a pair of shoes that are worn already and they claim are NEW!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

A week ago, I bought four pairs of shoes from Famous Footwear, two pairs online, two pairs in store. Because a couple of the styles and colors were similar, I returned one of these four pairs of shoes. At that time I was issued with a warning telling me that if I tried to return a future item, I could be refused and that I would have to wait 180 days to do so. I called the tel. no. on the warning, and spoke to a company called the Retail Equation who emailed me my return activity report with Famous Footwear (never heard of this company or of a return activity report!).

I noticed that last year during the summer, when I had a bit of trouble with sizes and styles, I had returned a few items. I had also returned a couple of items earlier in the year last year. The report did not show whether I had replaced these items with different shoes, or in fact what I had spent in purchases at Famous Footwear during that year or previous years. Because I was getting this warning when I had just purchased four pairs of shoes from Famous Footwear, returning only one of these, I felt shamed and offended at getting such a warning.

If Famous Footwear keeps tabs on returns and issues warnings, then why not have a simple no return policy? Shoes can be hard to get right in terms of sizing and style. Oftentimes my local store does not have my size and I have to order online and occasionally the size is not right when the shoe arrives since different styles can also be different in their sizing. I have been a good customer over the years at Famous Footwear, but due to this policy around returns, which does not sit well with me, I will no longer be setting foot inside a Famous Footwear store again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I bought a Nike shoe which I hardly wore for 2 months and they have started to tear from the stitch. The customer service is not ready to help as it is 60 days. They have policy for gold members that says 90 days. They should take into consideration some exceptional cases. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have bought a lot of shoes in the past couple of years. I used to go to Marshall and discount shoe stores outlets and such. But I have started going exclusively to Famous Footwear the past year or two because the quality seems to be better than the big box stores. I have recently purchased a pair of Lugz brigade boots on sale only online. When they arrived I didn't know what to expect but they were shipped securely. I went online today to see if they had any specials on shoes because my Chuck Taylor's are starting to fall apart from use. They lasted a little under a year and many many miles walked. I found some Levi's that were $40. I found a coupon for 15% off and had a $5 coupon from the boots I ordered gave me enough points for the coupon. Add to that I had free shipping because apparently I am a gold member. The total for my Levi's shoes with tax was $30 and some change shipped. Not a bad price.

Famous Footwear Company Information