3.7/5 (302 ratings)

About Famous Footwear

Famous Footwear Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Famous Footwear?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Famous Footwear?

Original review: May 9, 2022

I order 3 pairs of sneakers. One went to different location. Cannot cancel order to repurchase the sneakers to go to correct location. You have to wait 7 days to not pick up sneakers for the system to refund your order!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I have purchased some shoes from Famous Footwear and the first time was fine. The second time they delivered to a wrong address. As a matter of fact a whole different state. Like who does that. I called and emailed them and they said they cannot do anything about it but wait two weeks 'til I get a refund and they will not send the item to me. I have to reorder. What kind of unprofessional company is this. They lost a customer! Definitely.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I purchased two pairs of shoes online and would typically have them sent to a store but one pair was only available online so I chose to ship to my house. I am dyslexic and accidentally switched the first two numbers of my street address for shipping and did not realize the mistake until I saw the order confirmation. I called their customer service before I had received any type of shipping confirmation number to see if this could be amended or to cancel and reorder with the correct address. I spoke with a woman who wouldn't even look up my order number that told me they weren't able to do anything. Apparently if your order is shipped to the wrong address you just have to hope the other person refuses the order or that it gets sent back to get a refund or ship it again.

I was told I could contact FedEx to try and change the address but was told only the shipper could change shipping info. I spoke to different person through Famous Footwear's customer service about this who told me there was nothing he could do and no supervisor to speak with about the issue and hung up on me. I purchase shoes 1-2 times a year regularly and will never do so again. Perhaps training your reps to do literally anything to resolve an issue would mitigate so many negative reviews and keep your customers.

Original review: March 25, 2022

Let me start by saying if I could give this company less than 1 star I would. I have been a long time customer of Famous Footwear, I usually order for my entire family from here, but Never again will I use them. I placed my order on March 5th and Fedex said they delivered it on March 11th, but I never received the package. I was told I would have to wait till today March 25th to have them file a lost package claim (Famous Footwear). I could not even talk to a real person at fedex, they tell you all claims have to go through the sender.

I emailed, and I called about these shoes I never got no less than 6 times and today they tell me I have to wait another 2 weeks because they are behind on shipments. I ask to speak to a supervisor and was left on hold 20 min before I just hung up. Save yourself frustration, if they lose or even never send your order you will never get your money back. I don't know when they changed their policy but this Company is not consumer friendly

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

So I ordered sneakers that were suppose to arrive the 18th. I know it's only the 20th but the sneakers were not even shipped yet. I called customer service, they told me to "give it some time". They also said they would wave the shipping fee which has not happened yet. From all the reviews I wish I would have looked at first, it does not seem I will be getting them anytime soon. I will never order online from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

They double bill you for a product you did not get!!! Then they do not respond, cancel reward accounts for no reason....Terrible place. I have emailed, called, you will get no reply. I want my money returned.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

My wife and I closed out an account at Famous Footwear because of a negative experience we had with a return at the store. We called Famous Footwear to pay off and close the account. The representative said the account was paid in full and we would not have to do any further business with them and closed the account. The next month they charged us a late fee. We called them on 11/5/2021 to dispute the charge and they were VERY rude especially the manager Misty! I will never deal with Famous Footwear or Comentity Bank ever again! Terrible service!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

First experience shopping was awful. I have four teenagers and the store didn't keep stock of their shoes. Couldn't find my kids' sizes in almost every pair they picked out. Frustrating. Thought to save money I would open an account. Horrible decision. Customer service and supervisor Misty was unprofessional and rude. I called to close out my account and had a zero balance, they then sent me a bill for a $37 late charge. They refused to make it right. Will never buy from their company again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I went with my broken Birkenstock to the store. The manager told me to come back with the receipt to get the shoes replaced or my money back. I live 15 Miles from the store. Came back with the receipt and he wanted to give me $6 back and KEEP my shoes! I called the corporate office, was on hold 20 min., we discussed the issue, until he hanged up on me.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Never order online from Famous Footwear! You will not get your delivery and then you have to fight with them to get your money back or replacement item! I ordered two pairs of shoes that they claimed they delivered to me and the courier company claimed delivered to me yet I did not get them! They are unwilling to refund my money or send me new shoes! I'm having to go through my bank to reverse the charges! Absolutely terrible customer service!

Famous Footwear Company Information