1.41/5
Based on 64 reviews that contain star ratings

68 Famous Footwear Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I purchased shoes from Famous Footwear and thought I would keep them, so threw out the box. I never wore them. I later decided that I didn't want them. This was well inside the return policy guidelines. I went with my husband to return the shoes. I had the unworn shoes, the tag that is attached to the shoes by plastic thread, and my receipt. From the moment I set the shoes on the counter and said I wanted to return them, I felt they were treating me like a lying criminal. They were turning the straps inside out to check for wear, looking at the shoe in great detail. They had already checked the soles, which were spotless.

The two associates were talking between themselves to determine whether I could return them, and looking at me suspiciously. They finally did do the return, but at that point, I was ready to leave, with or without the refund. I have never been treated at any store (including thrift stores) in this manner while requesting a return. I will not be returning to Famous Footwear, which is now famous to me for something else...

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I ordered two pairs of shoes over a month ago. The first pair arrived in five days as described. Shipping was guaranteed within 3-5 business days. Two weeks after not receiving my second pair, I called customer service, spent twenty minutes on the phone only to be told that no information was known and that I would receive a call from the shipping company. That call was never received. Another week went by and still no shoes or follow up from Famous Footwear. I called again this morning. Customer representative was more efficient this time (placing a “Lost Shipment” order) but was rude and offered nothing in the way of compensation for Famous Footwear’s lack of delivery in a timely manner or follow up. We will see if I actually receive product (will be at least an additional week from today). Either way, this is the last time I shop from Famous Footwear.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

They delivered my kids shoes in a timely manner, but the shipping company left them on my steps with my 100+ pound puppy. Needless to say it wasn't pretty within an hour. They refunded me my money for the destroyed shoes. Amazing customer service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I've been waiting for my shoes for 2 WEEKS! It showed delivered but I NEVER see it. I called the customer service 3 times with spending 2 HOURS and they said they will work on that. However, I'm still waiting my shoes with NO RESPONSE!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I ordered some shoes online and went to the store to pick them up for free shipping, I tried them on at the store and the assistant sales manager helped me. The shoe was a little too big in the heel, so she suggested I try an 8 instead of the 8 1/2. I did and it fit better. I waited at the counter 15-20 minutes to exchange the shoes, they would glance over at me and still ignored me, talking to other customers out on the floor. So I went over and took the 8 1/2 shoes out of the bag, and took the size 8's and put them in the bag, and walked out with my receipt. I decided a few days later, I wanted a dressier shoes, so I went back with the shoes and my receipt. The clerk said the size didn't match the receipt. I told her what happened. She called over an assistant manager that was the girl that had helped me.

She remembered me, and STILL wouldn't help me by giving me a refund because "the system" wouldn't allow her to as the size didn't match what was on the receipt. I have worked many years in retail, 10 years in refunds at Price Club. I asked to speak to a manager, she told me she was the manager for that night. I said I never saw a time that a manager couldn't override the "system" with a key on the register and help the customer and give them their money back. Instead, I got a store credit, and if I took THOSE shoes back it would be an unending store credit, never getting over $50 back! I can't stand this store and their cheap crappy policies and never want to do business their again. They deserve to go bankrupt, because this place does not believe in the customer being right. Shame on their horrible lack of honesty too-she knew I was looking for the other size and still wouldn't help me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Famous Footwear?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Order was not received. I emailed and called. When I called the rep was very rude refusing to get me to her manager. I told her I would hold. She was just poor at her job. She said this is the policy. "THEY DO NOT REQUIRE FEDEX FOR SIGNATURES WHEN SHIPPING TO YOUR HOME. My package was admittedly not signed for yesterday. She wants me to wait until Monday in case the driver finds package. Iris who works at the call center is so rude. They are all rude asf. Won't ever shop them again.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Just received a pair of their shoes that are clearly mislabeled. I ordered size seven 2E, but these are clearly much larger. This is not the first time this has happened to me. I once received a pair so small that they made my feet bleed when I ran in them. NB needs to get their crap together; you can never be sure anymore if the size you order and that your shoes are labeled as is going to be the actual size. Ridiculous.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Shipping is good. I also always find my size online. Size 5 is hard to get. Deals are better too and I earn points to receive dollar rewards towards another purchase.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Bought pair of Nike's. Had to return. Didn't fit. Rude treatment by man working in the store. Very disappointed. Explained the problem with the shoes. He could have cared less. I truly feel they are mismarked size wise. So someone else will have an issue like myself and be treated poorly as well. This was at the 44th St and Thomas store in Phoenix, Arizona.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Ordered a size 6 in men online and received a size 6 in women. Returned to store and arranged new order, received the wrong size a second time. Called Famous Footwear customer service and arranged a new order and returned the wrong size through mail. RECEIVED the wrong size (women 6 instead of men 6) for a 3rd time and this time the shoes were thrown into the bag with only half the shoe box. Will never order anything online here ever again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Bought 4 pairs of Nikes online for the first time. I was not sure which size to get, since Nike seems to run big at times. None of them fit. Tried to get them in a smaller size but they were all gone so I ran to my local store in Millville to return. I noticed one of them were on clearance and wondered why. The girl who was a bit rude behind the counter stated that she was able to return all 3 of them except for the one on clearance. I asked, "Why?" She said they looked worn. WORN??? I asked?!! If you count trying them on then YES they were WORN!!! Were they were WORN out at the gym?? No. She insisted they were WORN and we went back and forth for at least 10 minutes. I said maybe the reason they were on clearance was because they were already worn before they were shipped to my house!!! Dead silence. She had NOTHING to say.

I stormed out and called online number and they apologized for the behavior of the so called assistant manager and that they would be mailing out a prepaid label to have them shipped back to them. That was on March 11th. Now here it is... March 24th and no shipping label. I have called back twice and the representatives swear it's been sent out. Hmmm isn't it funny I am receiving ALL my other mail but the one from Famous?!

I finally ask for a supervisor. A girl named Michelle got on the phone and I'm not sure who she slept with to get the position of a "supervisor", because it definitely wasn't due to her intelligence nor her professional attitude. She is RUDE, obnoxious and lazy. She said the labels have been mailed but had no answer as to why I have not gotten them. Then two seconds later she says, "it's not our responsibility to mail them out." Ok idiot, so you're basically telling on yourself that they were never mailed!! Who didn't know that??? I am DONE with Famous Footwear. They are a bunch of crooks. Unprofessional and the quality of their shoes SUCK. Beware. You may just be wearing a pair of shoes that are worn already and they claim are NEW!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

A week ago, I bought four pairs of shoes from Famous Footwear, two pairs online, two pairs in store. Because a couple of the styles and colors were similar, I returned one of these four pairs of shoes. At that time I was issued with a warning telling me that if I tried to return a future item, I could be refused and that I would have to wait 180 days to do so. I called the tel. no. on the warning, and spoke to a company called the Retail Equation who emailed me my return activity report with Famous Footwear (never heard of this company or of a return activity report!).

I noticed that last year during the summer, when I had a bit of trouble with sizes and styles, I had returned a few items. I had also returned a couple of items earlier in the year last year. The report did not show whether I had replaced these items with different shoes, or in fact what I had spent in purchases at Famous Footwear during that year or previous years. Because I was getting this warning when I had just purchased four pairs of shoes from Famous Footwear, returning only one of these, I felt shamed and offended at getting such a warning.

If Famous Footwear keeps tabs on returns and issues warnings, then why not have a simple no return policy? Shoes can be hard to get right in terms of sizing and style. Oftentimes my local store does not have my size and I have to order online and occasionally the size is not right when the shoe arrives since different styles can also be different in their sizing. I have been a good customer over the years at Famous Footwear, but due to this policy around returns, which does not sit well with me, I will no longer be setting foot inside a Famous Footwear store again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I bought a Nike shoe which I hardly wore for 2 months and they have started to tear from the stitch. The customer service is not ready to help as it is 60 days. They have policy for gold members that says 90 days. They should take into consideration some exceptional cases. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have bought a lot of shoes in the past couple of years. I used to go to Marshall and discount shoe stores outlets and such. But I have started going exclusively to Famous Footwear the past year or two because the quality seems to be better than the big box stores. I have recently purchased a pair of Lugz brigade boots on sale only online. When they arrived I didn't know what to expect but they were shipped securely. I went online today to see if they had any specials on shoes because my Chuck Taylor's are starting to fall apart from use. They lasted a little under a year and many many miles walked. I found some Levi's that were $40. I found a coupon for 15% off and had a $5 coupon from the boots I ordered gave me enough points for the coupon. Add to that I had free shipping because apparently I am a gold member. The total for my Levi's shoes with tax was $30 and some change shipped. Not a bad price.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We had an excellent customer service and satisfaction experience with Famous Footwear. We ordered a pair of sneakers for our son at the store which we should have received with within three days. After waiting for at least five days, I checked the tracking number and found out that the shoes were delivered to us within 48 hours from the order, but unfortunately we never received the shipment. Our security cameras also showed no FedEx vehicle or personnel on our door at that time. It was probably shipped to the wrong address. I immediately contacted Famous Footwear and reported the incident, they trusted me and shipped another similar pair right away. I just received the shipment. I commend Famous Footwear for their prompt response and excellent customer service. They have won themselves a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I try to wait for a sale. If I know what shoe I want I just order it online as I don't have to worry if the local store is stocked with my size. They have bogos frequently.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Advice to anyone who is reading this. Please avoid visiting Famous Footwear in North Lakes (Westfield). We bought a pair of shoes for my wife from the shop for a special evening for $50. After wearing for 30 mins my wife was not able to stand because it was extremely tight around her ankle and the glue from the edges was coming off. She decided to spend the rest of the evening without wearing them and return them the very next day.

When we took them to the shop the assistant advised that we were able to exchange them for one size bigger. After trying the new pair of shoes when brought to the counter, the Store Manager advised that is no deal because the previous shoes have been worn once. She ignored the fact the assistant had advised to get new pairs. We decided to leave the new and old with the manager as the old ones were not acceptable and surely not of good quality. I will make sure not to visit another famous footwear again and will surely spread the word around.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes through their BOGO 1/2 off offer online. One of the pairs of shoes, I received 2 DIFFERENT SIZE shoes. One was a size 7 and one was a size 9 (my actual size). In all of my many years of ordering shoes online, I've NEVER received a pair with 2 different sizes. I don't think I've ever received a pair that was the wrong size. Because I need to wear for a event coming up in less than a week. I would have like that they would quickly rectify the issue and send me my correct product immediately. But NO, I would have to go a Famous Footwear store to return the shoes BEFORE they would send me my correct pair that I ALREADY PAID FOR!!! I was high upset. This business is awful and has terrible customer service. I highly would NOT recommend anyone to ever make purchases online or in store with Famous Footwear.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I ordered three pairs of shoes online and only received one pair. I have called twice and both times were told they don't have any information, just be patient. How can they not know where my shoes are and why did I only receive one pair?

Original review: July 25, 2017

I ordered shoes online for my kids. Both pairs were sized weird and didn't fit. I contacted them to see if I could exchange them for another size and they said they do not do exchanges for online orders but I could return them and reorder in the size that fits. It was when I went to return them that I realized they do not do free returns for online orders! I do A LOT of online shopping and have truly never ran into this issue before. It's my mistake for not making sure they cover return shipping before I ordered, and I'll own that but I'm still not happy! I reached out to the company and they were not willing to make a one time exception or help me in any other way.

The closest FF is over 3 hours away so now I'm either going to have to eat the cost of returning them (probably half of what I paid) or eat some cost by selling them cheaper on a resale site or something. Either way it's been a big hassle, and money wasted, and I wanted to warn others of this policy before they purchase. Why waste your time with this company when there are plenty of other stores who will give free return shipping with the same prices? This is certainly my first and LAST purchase with FF!

Original review: July 14, 2017

Terrible customer service. I bought a pair of Rockport that began to fall apart after 2.5 months of daily wear. Famous Footwear policy is not to take return after 2 months. While I know this may be standard, I expect a pair of shoes to last longer than 2.5 months. Neither the store nor the online "Help desk" would consider a partial rebate or return.

Original review: June 12, 2017

The assist manager on duty made me feel like a criminal. When I walked in with the bag of the shoe I was returning and immediately she said a loud voice, "I'll take your bag", walking briskly towards me. She was very abrasive because the color of my skin she assumed that I was going to steal something. Another employee and manager watched me the whole time while I looked for a different shoes. I was returning a pair of shoes to get another style. I visited the Famous Footwear at 833 NE Mall Blvd in Hurst, TX. On 6/7/17. I will shop at another store that will not instantly passing judgment on me so. I won't be buying any shoe from you guys again. There are other stores that I can shop at that will treat me as a valued customer. I feel that you need to train your staff more on provided excellent customer service because the people you should watching are the very customer that will steal from you!

Original review: June 9, 2017

Bought a pair of shoes at the store, everything went through and my credit card was charged. I tried to find them using tracking number I was given. Couldn't find anything. Called customer support. Was told it takes 3 days for them to show up, but was told my order was cancelled and I would get a refund. It has been over 2 weeks and NO refund yet. Went to another Famous Footwear store and ordered another pair of shoes paid for them, and same thing my order was cancelled and I'm still waiting for a refund. When I called customer service I was told it takes 3 weeks for a refund cause they send out a check instead of just crediting the credit card you used to pay for the shoes. So now I'm waiting for 2 refunds. I will not be buying anything from Famous Footwear anymore.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I get email ads from Famous Footwear constantly because I made an online purchase. I finally clicked the "unsubscribe" tab and it brings up an error message saying it can't process the request. I tried this over several days on different search engines with no luck. I finally had to call customer service and they said they would unsubscribe me but it may take up to two weeks for any changes. Let's see what happens.

Original review: March 24, 2017

3/24/17 I bought a pair of shoes from Famous Footwear and one of the shoes was poorly made. The back of one shoe was partly missing and was unwearable. So if you buy any products from them, be prepared to have to ship it back. They did email me a prepaid shipping label and I will be refunded, but I'll never buy anything from them ever again. I'm just not willing to waste my time when I can buy from other places that sell good quality products!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Your employees made me feel like a criminal when I walked in. I had to get a pair of shoes because someone stole mine off the porch so I didn't have any shoes to put on. I walked in to the Famous Footwear on I-20 and Carrier in Grand PRAIRIE TX. on 2/6/17. I told them why I didn't have any shoes on. One person ran to the front door and the other watched me. After I paid and left, she moved from the doorway. I like to go somewhere and shop without someone instantly passing judgment on me so I won't be buying any shoe from you guys again. I've been shopping there for years or more.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I ordered a pair of Asics sneakers from famous footwear on line. After third time of wearing them I noticed that left sneaker was coming apart from the seams. I emailed famous footwear regarding defect of product and no response. I called and spoke with store manager of famous footwear near me and I was advised to look up contact information online to call Asics directly. Famous footwear does not deal with or accept returns for defective products that they sell. Only accept unworn sneakers within 30 days. NOt responsible for DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS THAT THEY SELL???

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I ordered Sperry shoes which were my size. They were shipped to me and size 7 was too big. My intent was to order one size smaller. Famous Footwear has not received my shoes and I lost my receipt from the post office which by the way cost me 10.50 to ship back. Why would I keep them and I suspect they are back at the distribution center but "something" happened and now I can't prove that I shipped them back and they don't have them. So, now I am out shoes plus another 10.50 plus the cost of the shoes. Never again... I am very upset.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

TWICE we have ordered shoes from Famous Footwear - and paid for them - only to be told later that the shoes were no longer available and that a refund check would be sent soon. These were TWO separate incidences involve girls shoes once and men's shoes the second time. The whole process lasted nearly a month both times - that was a month they had my money and I had no shoes. If they are doing this to many customers at once then imagine the interest they are earning on all that money while it is in their account! I will NEVER buy shoes from them again - the worst part is that for all my troubles they only offered me a measly $15 coupon - to buy more of their shoes. Yeah right!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

Dismal Customer Service! Order two pairs of shoes for my kids on Sept. 9, 2016. Received one pair right way, very happy, but never received the second pair. Tracking showed it was ready to ship, waited three weeks and then called Famous Footwear; they found the error and promised to send the shoes with a new confirmation code. Second shipment comes, WRONG shoes, not even close. Call Famous Footwear again, this time they tell me I will need to send the wrong shoes back, and once I can prove that they are shipped back, they will finally send me the shoes that I ordered and paid for a month ago.

Called back after a few days and asked to speak to a manager and expressed what poor service the company offered, and was informed that they had done me a favor. Usually, the shoes have to be proven to be returned, in stock, before the correct order is sent out. Mistakes happen, and am very patient, but not happy that I have to prove I returned their mistake before I finally get the merchandise that I paid for.

Famous Footwear Company Information