Famous Footwear

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a pair of Asics sneakers from famous footwear on line. After third time of wearing them I noticed that left sneaker was coming apart from the seams. I emailed famous footwear regarding defect of product and no response. I called and spoke with store manager of famous footwear near me and I was advised to look up contact information online to call Asics directly. Famous footwear does not deal with or accept returns for defective products that they sell. Only accept unworn sneakers within 30 days. NOt responsible for DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS THAT THEY SELL???

I ordered Sperry shoes which were my size. They were shipped to me and size 7 was too big. My intent was to order one size smaller. Famous Footwear has not received my shoes and I lost my receipt from the post office which by the way cost me 10.50 to ship back. Why would I keep them and I suspect they are back at the distribution center but "something" happened and now I can't prove that I shipped them back and they don't have them. So, now I am out shoes plus another 10.50 plus the cost of the shoes. Never again... I am very upset.

TWICE we have ordered shoes from Famous Footwear - and paid for them - only to be told later that the shoes were no longer available and that a refund check would be sent soon. These were TWO separate incidences involve girls shoes once and men's shoes the second time. The whole process lasted nearly a month both times - that was a month they had my money and I had no shoes. If they are doing this to many customers at once then imagine the interest they are earning on all that money while it is in their account! I will NEVER buy shoes from them again - the worst part is that for all my troubles they only offered me a measly $15 coupon - to buy more of their shoes. Yeah right!

Dismal Customer Service! Order two pairs of shoes for my kids on Sept. 9, 2016. Received one pair right way, very happy, but never received the second pair. Tracking showed it was ready to ship, waited three weeks and then called Famous Footwear; they found the error and promised to send the shoes with a new confirmation code. Second shipment comes, WRONG shoes, not even close. Call Famous Footwear again, this time they tell me I will need to send the wrong shoes back, and once I can prove that they are shipped back, they will finally send me the shoes that I ordered and paid for a month ago.

Called back after a few days and asked to speak to a manager and expressed what poor service the company offered, and was informed that they had done me a favor. Usually, the shoes have to be proven to be returned, in stock, before the correct order is sent out. Mistakes happen, and am very patient, but not happy that I have to prove I returned their mistake before I finally get the merchandise that I paid for.

I ordered a package two weeks ago, and never received it. I called FedEx (which is how the package was shipped), and was told that the driver did not drop the package off because no one was at home. The tracking system on the computer stated that the package was delivered. This was after I called to authorize that my package be dropped off while I wasn't home. I was told that it would be dropped off the next day, but the package never arrived. Also, a tracking slip was not left on the door, (which would at least prove that the driver stopped by).

I called FedEx again, and was told again that the package would be dropped off. I still did not receive any package. I called a third time, and was placed on hold for nearly 45 minutes, (with brief increments of the customer rep claiming they were getting hold of the station). I was then told that the driver dropped the package off, (which was not true). After the last phone call with FedEx, I then proceeded to contact Famous Footwear to request a refund, in which I was told that I would have to wait 3-5 business days for them to investigate (even though it was FedEx who lost my package).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Famous Footwear?

I bought from Famous Footwear twice in 2015. This September 2016 I attempted on two occasions to purchase and the company cancelled my order for no given reason. I usually buy online and there is funds on my card! They will not tell me why... When I called they still would not give an explanation. I did a live chat. They still will not give a reason and tells me to call. THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced. These people just do not care for you as a customer. I never thought I would experience this backward type of service in this modern time. If I could give no stars I would!

I bought four pairs of shoes for some nieces and nephews that were starting back to school. The twins were ordered the same shoe in different colors. The one pair arrived right away. Three weeks later the second pair has still not arrived. I called Famous Footwear and the guy was nice enough, but said the FedEx label was made but the shoes never shipped. The pink shoes I ordered were not available any longer. I had to choose a different pair and since it has been so long I had to update the shipping address since they are moving in a few days.

I was not offered a discount or coupon for my trouble. If I hadn't called them, I guess they would have kept my money as I was not refunded even though the shoes are out of stock now and they have never been mailed. Nobody contacted me to see if I wanted another choice of color. We ended up with mint because it was in stock. Poor customer service. If a mistake like this was made, then some kind of coupon or discount should apply. A letter saying they are sorry for what happened and that it is being investigated would be nice. How does this even happen? So one little girl started preschool without her new shoes (the only one out of the four that didn't get her shoes) because the service online at Famous Footwear is lacking. I shop there often and I am very disappointed.

I've ordered a few times online. First time was fine. Second time they cancelled part of my order because it was out of stock and refunded me my money. Important to note, they were able to cancel it a day after I placed it because it suited them. I placed an order today. When I checked the confirmation email I saw that the wrong size was ordered. Assumed it was my fault. Called customer service. This is 3 hours after placing the order. No can't cancel. It can't order you the right size unless you want to pay for it. Seeing as I only had enough money in my account to get the one pair of kid’s shoes that wasn't happening.

So I accepted the fact I was either going to have to pay more money for a cab to the nearest FedEx store or get the train up to White Plains from the Bronx to return in store and no guarantee they would have the correct size, then I went into the website (just to test how had I made the mistake of ordering the wrong size), selected size 5, add to cart, size frigging 12 shoes up in the cart AGAIN, so now I realize it wasn't my fault and I am pissed.

Call customer service again. Same garbage. She will order me the correct size but only if I pay. When I explain to her it was their fault, their website, I got a rather **, "well, ms... It's letting me select size 5 on my computer". I lost it with that. I am 8 months pregnant, have to go spending more money on travel in this heat to just return a stupid pair of sandals that I didn't order in the wrong size and for that "person" on the other end of the phone to insinuate that I was lying about the website glitch. That finished me. Like I said they can cancel an order when it suits them but not when they've ** up someone's order and have the money taken out. I'll be in my bank or onto PayPal trying to stop the transaction.

My husband and I have started shopping solely with Amazon Prime. It is very pleasant and quick shipping. I found a really nice pair of Nike Flex 4 sneakers that I wanted for my toddler. I couldn't find them on Amazon Prime. I found them on sale at Famous Footwear. I have never shopped with them never been in any of their stores. I order the sneakers 4/18/2016 read the shipping time of up 7 days. I was displeased with that but I liked the sale price and the sneakers. I receive an email with tracking, it's being shipped via FedEx. Ok no problem. I normally receive my shipping from FedEx without too many issues. A few days later I check the tracking and see it's been transferred to USPS. Uh oh let the problems begin. The sneakers were supposed to be shipped to me 4/23/2016. We had dance class that morning so we left a note to leave the package with apt 1 which is where my Mother is.

I get home. No USPS notice of delivery. Nothing. I call the post office and I am told to call back Monday. I request a redelivery via USPS website. Monday comes 4/25/2016 and nothing. BUT there is a notice dated 4/23/2016 in my mail on 4/25. I received an updated email for redelivery for Tuesday. I check today 4/26/2016 only to see it is being sent back to Famous Footwear!

I call Famous Footwear and ask for a refund. The incompetent rep asked to place me on hold. I obliged. The rep comes back on the line and states since he cannot confirm the sneakers are being returned to them I will have to wait until the 8th day. He stated Famous Footwear's policy is 7 days to receive an item. The tracking on both FedEx and USPS site clearly stated the items were being returned to the merchant. So what more information is needed to see I am no longer receiving the item! He said, "There's nothing else I can do until the 8th day which would be the 30th!!!" I called my bank and did a chargeback! Famous Footwear is terrible! Their policies make not an ounce of sense and this is the first and last time I will ever order from them!!! I don't care if they have a 100% off coupon!!! Terrible.

I recently received an order that was placed online for a pair of sneakers. Upon receipt of this order, I noticed I had been shipped the wrong item. It was clear that I had been shipped the wrong size as the box clearly showed the size. I checked packing slip to make sure the error was not on the original order and not my error. The packing slip clearly displayed the size I should have received. Upon contacting customer service, resolution to this issue falls on the customer. The company does not accept any accountability for the error. All resolutions are really at inconvenience to the customer. The company clearly does not value customer business otherwise they would ensure that in the event of errors that the customer walks away satisfied and happy. This did not occur. In fact after speaking to a supervisor, the supervisor ended the calling hanging up on me.

This is completely and totally unprofessional and unacceptable way to conduct business especially if customers are valued. Without customers they have no business. Needless to say I am stuck with sneakers that are the wrong size unless I go to a store to receive and exchange or package the item up and send it back with a label they will send. However, I need to make sure FedEx receives the package and it is not until they receive the package that they will ship a replacement. Unless I am willing to pay for the replacement and then receive a refund upon receipt of the wrong pair. Again all resolutions fall on my part and famous footwear is not absorbing any part of the error. Companies that value their customers send out replacements as soon as they are made aware of the error. This is what should be done. It should not be my responsibility to rectify their error.

This company is so unorganized! Why are some orders shipped to address by USPS, UPS or Fed EX, and then you can't change shipping instructions with the carrier or even pick up at a UPS or FedEx location! This is Famous Footwear policy and the delivery carriers. I had a shipment coming to my address this time by FedEx. I called ahead of delivery so I could go and pick up package at FedEx location in town. When I called to reschedule, I was told they have restrictions on this shipment and I can't pick up at FedEx location any other change! Too much of a hassle for me. I strongly recommend buying shoes at other retailers!!

Ordered two pair of the same shoe. Same story as some of the others here... Received one pair and when I called them, they blamed it on FedEx. Gave me a phony tracking number and their customer service came off like "I don't care" attitude. Stay AWAY!

We bought 2 of the 3 packs of socks that were sized 12-15. My son currently wears a 14. He tried one on when we got home and it did not fit. So I took both packages of socks back to get my money back since that is the biggest size they have and was told I could only get the money back for 1 of them since he tried a sock on from the 2nd package. I am now stuck with 3 pairs of socks that I paid $15 for and that my son cannot use them.

Order shoes for my wife on December 4th, got Fedex tracking on December 5 with status saying picked up. Today is December 11th tracking still says the same thing- picked up. Called customer service, they say it will reach me on the 17th, so that means it will take two weeks for an in stock item to reach me. I live in valley stream and it's shipping from the Bronx, it's a 30 min drive and I have to wait two weeks. Worst service ever. I will never shop here again. I'll wait to see the condition of the shoes when it comes and how it's packed.

Store manager in the Clearwater Store (Clearwater Mall) was giving me the bill for five pairs. I asked for a specific breakdown of actual, final prices after discounts and she read it too fast for anyone to understand. I asked again and she read too fast again and obviously didn't intend for me to get it. The third time she started attacking me and it ended with her calling me a "bad customer" and told me to leave in front of my wife. By far the worst customer service I have seen in my life and complaining on their channels online got no response. So I am now taking it with the BBB (Better Business Bureau).

I've been to this store a million times and always had positive experiences. However, their online service is absolute crap! They shipped a box of shoes in one of those plastic bags that you typically ship clothing in. When I wrote to their customer service telling them that this is a gift and I cannot give the shoes in the box, the response I received was "sorry for any inconvenience." How about you refund my shipping fee? Or maybe ship a new pair? Tell me that I can go into the store and they'll handle it. I work in retail where we ship from store. Shoes are NEVER shipped in crappy bags for this exact reason. I will be bringing these to a retail store and asking them to replace the box. I will also be calling their customer service. Luckily these were sneakers and not heels because they definitely would've been damaged if they were. Poor shipping. Poor customer service.

I purchased a pair of running shoes on 11/02/15 with the assurance that I could bring them back for a full refund if they didn't fit. I wore them around the house for a couple of hours and began to get a blister on my heel. I took them back in less than 24 hours and they told me EXCHANGE ONLY because they had been worn. Wasn't that the whole idea? To try them out. Not satisfied! I will go back to Zappos, where they accept returns if you are not satisfied. No hassle!

So I went online and ordered two pairs of the exact same shoe in the same size for my twin girls. First off, I was initially charged 3 times due to "technical difficulties" that their system was having. The money did end up falling back into my account but was not happy about waiting for it and they simply shrugged it off like nothing.

I also never received a confirmation email for my order nor did I receive a notice when the order was supposed to ship. So when I called to see where the shoes were, she informed me that one pair would be arriving that same day. The second pair of identical shoes had not even been processed yet. So I was very aggravated figuring that same shoe same size would be delivered together for my twins.

So a week after I get the first pair, I randomly checked my bank account and saw a credit from them for roughly half of what I paid. So I called to check the status and was informed via recording that my order could not be processed and I will be getting a refund. I never received an email or anything informing me that my shoes were not coming. Every single thing I've had to do while ordering these shoes has been a huge hassle. I will never order from this website again and will definitely not recommend this company to my worst enemy. ** actually. Got my shipping info emails week after receiving the first pair. Lol.

I ordered a pair of boots online. The transaction went through normally. I checked the status the next day and it said it was being processed (credit card was charged). The next day it said the order was completed so I thought it was on its way. I was unable to track the package. Five days later when checking the order online again it still read as completed. The next day the status changed to returned. I have heard of orders being cancelled due to stock problems but I don't know where the returned came from (they have a cancelled value in their options). I am waiting for an email response which was promised in 48 hours and it's going on to the 4th day. Too much of a hassle to order from again. Out looking for another pair of boots.

I am VERY dissatisfied with the services that Famous Footwear has provided regarding shipping. Their website tells me that my shipment has been completed, but the link that they gave me for FedEx tells me that only a label has been created. I ordered my shoes 5 days ago, and expected them today. I was very excited for them, but now they are overdue and I will never online shop with Famous Footwear again. Also, they put another order under my name for the same boots and same size. Needless to say, I did not order another pair of the same boots, and the receipt had tax on it. I live in New Hampshire where there isn't tax.

My daughter got a very cute pair of Vans a week and a half ago. They are still clean and only used at school and yet they are coming apart where the rubber meets the cloth. Also the cloth on the top is double layer. The top cute layer (which is gray with polka dots) is completely fraying showing a pink (thicker) fabric underneath. They did not care at all. They said "Sorry, nothing we can do" So I guess since we have to keep them we are going to go for the ripped jeans grunge look until they are unusable. Which won't be too long from now I am sure. I am steaming mad and will not be shopping there again.

I went into the store tonight to purchase a pair of shoes for my granddaughter. I was never greeted when I walked in the door. I was never asked if I needed assistance. I had to go to the register in order to get the size I needed. Once paying for my purchase I was never spoke to nor was I thanked. I was never told my total. When I let them know I was upset with the treatment I received, the manager Debbie and staff member Missy said "Well sorry." Never once was the apology given because they were it was because they wanted me to leave. The manager acted like it wasn't a big deal that Missy was being to become argumentative. She and Missy laughed and shook their head. I shop here quite often, but never again.

I ordered a pair of shoes in XXW. Pressed the button at the bottom of the list of sizes, but when I received a confirmation email it had exactly the opposite width. I called in within 1 h & 10 mins to correct & was told I not only couldn't fix it I couldn't even cancel the order. So now I'm getting a pair of shoes I can't wear & have to wait to return them to get my money back.

Sent for shoes for my 2 yr old granddaughter for preschool. Received the shoes 6 days later, 2 pair. The ones needed most, for use everyday, sneakers were... wait for it, USED!! Little Frozen sneakers with dirt on the bottoms and front caps. Called the company and they offered to send me a return label and then I would have to take them to FedEx, call them and let them know when I sent them, and then, and only then, would they send me another pair. She needs them for school on Tuesday so I said "Is there an alternative?" She said "Return them to the store and buy another pair." She said she would email me a 20% off coupon, but didn't. They have so many stipulations in the store which is why I ordered online, it was a better deal. That's IT though, both pairs are going back. Used sneakers, gross!!

My daughter wore a pair of shoes inside church and wore them outside to get in car. They were clean and only worn 30 mins inside. I was told if they were clean we would a refund... that didn't happen. We got store credit. The lady lied and said "Well she wore them more" and "no refund". I will never shop there again. Don't even want to use store credit. When I return these they were not dirty!!! I have spend a lot money in the store but not any more.

I will never purchase a pair of shoes in Famous Footwear again! I always go into Famous Footwear to buy school shoes for my son, today we went to the location at the St. Augustine outlets. I came in with my mother son and 2 year old daughter. I was in the store about 5 minutes when my daughter started to complain about having to use the restroom. She started to grab her privates with how badly she needed to use it. I ran to the counter and politely asked while explaining that she was 2 years old and could not hold it. The girl at the counter said "no", and that I'd have to walk all the way to the food court to use the restroom. It's about a mile walk when you're with a toddler. I said "she can't hold it and really needs to go!!" She told me "no" again and said I'd have to walk to the restroom at the food court! Unbelievable, my daughter with panic in her eyes and me with shock! I said "so I guess it's okay if she pees herself?!"

I cannot believe it. I left the store and walked two stores down. I went inside explained the situation and was allowed to use their restroom, where my daughter almost peed on the floor. I thanked them and left. I went straight back into the Famous Footwear and asked to speak with her manager. While talking to her almost in tears with how frustrated I was, she apologized and I asked her if she would have allowed my 2 year daughter into the restroom? She looked me straight in the face and said "no!" Ha! I seriously hope they don't have any children and are put in that type of situation. I am outraged, very disappointed and will never purchase another pair of shoes from them. They are horrible!

Well I was placing a order online. I wanted to get free shipping so I added like 6 packs of socks to get free shipping. So I did then when I placed my order I got a order confirmation on my email but it turns out my socks were not in the order. I was so upset because I really like the socks and it was such a great deal. So I called customer service to cancel order because it was not complete. I wanted the socks. I didn't want to pay for shipping. She told me that she could not cancel and she couldn't do anything to help me. I was so sad now I paid for some shoes that I don't want because of the customer service provided. I feel robbed because I should have to pay for shipping if I'm willing to spend more to get free shipping.

I purchased a pair of shoes at FF in Indianapolis. I wore them the next day and found that something was loose in one shoe - it made a serious clacking noise everywhere I went. Clack, clack around the office. I took them back the very next morning and was told they will not return shoes that have been worn. In other words they will sell you sub-standard footwear and never accept the consequences. Walk on by. Take your business to another store.

Working in retail myself I have seen my fair share of great customers and also my fair share of not so great customers. I have had customers come to me with the same issue that some of you have already posted and I just wanted to remind you all that I know it is easy to get angry when things don't go exactly according to plan. However keep in mind that the people behind the desk are people too! They have feelings as well and we don't appreciate being treated poorly because the issue you bring to us is an issue we, as employees, can do nothing about. So the next time you go into a retail environment, please be courteous to the employees. They deal with more than you know and a lot of the time they try to make you happy customer whether you see it or not.

I purchased my boots from FF a little over a year ago and had them exchanged 3 times due to a manufacturer fault. Today I went to have them replaced for the 4th time and the consultant at Airport West store told me they weren't replacing them anymore. It wasn't until I mentioned ConsumerAffairs that she actually offered me a credit note. It's the first time I have dealt with FF and definitely the last. My Kmart shoes are almost half the price and given me no grief. I did notice there are 12 complaints with ConsumerAffairs against FF for the exact same experience as mine. I highly recommend you spend your precious money elsewhere and save yourself the headache.

Famous Footwear Company Profile