3.8/5 (344 ratings)

About Famous Footwear

Famous Footwear Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Famous Footwear?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Famous Footwear?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Will never order again from Famous Footwear! Horrible customer service. Package was supposed to arrive in 5-7 days but literally took 27 days. Arrived at local usps depot 1 hour away in 5 days and sat in warehouse for the next 22 days. After 10 days I called usps to see if I could pick up my package but they said - No, call sender to authorize pick up. After 4 phone calls getting hung up on and transferred over and over famous footwear said they can't do anything even though they just need call usps or change authorization online. Finally received package literally after an entire month even though the package was less than an hour away in perfect weather. I will NEVER order from famous footwear again!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I ordered a pair of sneakers almost 3 weeks ago and when I track my order it's still telling me "On its way!" Rather than giving me an arrival date. I'm concerned about how long this is taking. Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Famousfootwear.com online ordering is horrible. I've had to order my items twice due to never receiving my items. I even paid extra for 2 day shipping and still haven't received them 8 business days later. Takes multiple phone calls to have a credit issued.. Guess I will have to order from competitors.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I gave the store 3 stars because in store Clifton, NJ experience and return was great. No problem. I took away 2 stars because I ordered a pair of shoes online and they sent me the wrong pair of shoes. The right color, brand, size. But the wrong pair of shoes. I ended up keeping them because I liked them, and not to deal with the headache and hassle of going to the store with a shipment receipt stating they mailed out Lifestride Mary Jane and a box of shoes containing Lifestride I-Loyal. Completely different styles. One I ordered were heels, the one I received were Ballet shoes. Liked them so I kept them. It's like they grabbed whether they saw in front of them and sent.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I was looking for Earth Sandals. I did not see my size. She went in the back to a shipment which just had come in...I bought 2 pair. Opened a credit account, and she was efficient, courteous, and prompt! I'm 73 and can't read all the labels...she saved lots of time. I WILL be back!!

Original review: May 19, 2021

Famous footwear is a very popular store for Nike. I shop there quite often. They do everything in their power to get you the best deal. The staff is so easy going and understands what you’re in there to shop for and give you alternatives.

Original review: May 4, 2021

The store was clean and organized but there wasn't a lot of staff to help me. I waited a long time for someone to ring up my purchase also. I probably won't return to that store because it took so long from beginning to end.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I spend a lot of money at this store and yesterday I bought 3 pairs of shoes. I get home and look at the other one only to see they are extremely worn. This is an ongoing issue at this store. During a pandemic this shouldn’t be allowed. These shoes weren’t even cleaned a little so I doubt they were treated with disinfectant. If I’m spending this much money on a product I expect it to be Brand new! Only my germs have touched it! I have to drive an hour to your store each way so it’s a huge hassle! The store is never stocked and it basically serves as a exchange hub!

Original review: April 2, 2021

I was very very upset that when I arrived home I opened the box of shoes and there was 2 left shoes in box. Well I had to drive all the way back to exchange the extra left shoe for a right shoe. It cost me time gas and a whole lot of anxiety.. It's their job before they bag it to check the box to make sure you have both right and left shoes. They didn't offer me anything. I'm pissed off because I was getting ready to fly to San Francisco. I'm glad I checked the box before departing. Very upset with their lack of apology.. I will never buy from them again..

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

On the December 24, 2020 I order two pairs of Tommy Hilfiger's rain boots and had them shipped to my mama house because of delivery issues and I was going out of town for the holidays. I didn't receive my items and Famous Footwear during poor by reissue my items. I am asking for the main Corp number and they refuse to give it to me.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I would suggest buying in store only versus online ordering. My orders kept changing delivery date every few days. It was the oddest thing, and changed from being a delivered a week from the buy date, to two weeks and then THREE weeks.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I am pleased with everything! Although, I was reading other reviews and was highly scared to order from Famous Footwear. I ordered a pair of yellow Crocs, and I have to say that I am in love with them. They were at a wayyy less price online at Famous Footwear than at the Croc store. I ordered them Friday Dec 25, 2020 and they got here on Thursday Dec 31st 2020. It was nice and fast! I will be ordering from this store again (despite the pandemic).

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I was in the Cross Iron Mall and purchased 2 pairs of shoes on the BOGO 1/2 off sale. They didn't have my size but said they will deliver them via FEDEX within 7 business days. After numerous phone calls and hearing "we'll fix this sir and refund you sir" once a week since AUGUST 30, 2020 (ya I know right!?), I was PROMISED via telephone call by a "returns specialist" I would receive my $173.23 refund within 2 weeks. Same thing I heard 3 other times by other "return specialists". DO NOT BUY FROM THEM if they don't have in stock!!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Ordering online is simple & straightforward. I can find the shoe I want easily, and the customer reviews really help. I've gotten most of my most comfortable shoes here.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I like the selection of Famous Footwear and now the access of online purchase with "curb side pick up" service, no waiting for shipping unless I choose too.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Michael at the Northglenn store did not write down my unit number so I never received my order. It's been 3 weeks and still have not received my shoes. Michael still did not help me resolve the situation that he caused. I will never shop or order here again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

First, I want to say I've been buying your product for years. Today I placed an online order for 2 pairs of shoes. When I finalized the purchase a pop-up saying there was a technical error, try again later came up. A few hours later, while checking my bank account balance, I noticed I had been charged 5 times for the order I tried to make. I called up your online support and was told there is no order in my name at all, and to call my bank. My bank told me there's nothing I can do since the 5 charges are in-process. I have to wait and see if they clear and then I can dispute them.

I called your customer service back again to let them know this. After waiting 20 minutes on hold the phone picked up and instantly disconnected and went to a survey asking how well you guys did solving my problem. I called again (another 20 minutes) and again was told nothing at all could be done. Basically sorry, but just deal with it. Then to add insult to injury I get an email saying there's items in my cart that I haven't paid for yet... really???

It's a holiday weekend and now I have less than $50 in my account until who knows when because you have kidnapped my money. I've been a steady customer for years, even before I became a member. I will never buy ANYTHING from you again! The best customer service can do is say sorry. I can't believe there's absolutely nothing that can be done for any kind of attempt at making this right. Ridiculous!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I ordered two pairs of shoes on a BOGO deal. I checked ground shipping and received the first pair within two days. Then, I received an email that stated my second pair was delivered 08/16/2020. But there was no box. I checked all of my security cameras, nothing. So I called customer service. They said that FedEx had probably marked it delivered because they dropped it off at the local post office for Sunday delivery. But that I had to wait an additional 14 days to file a claim, which is longer than the original shipping time.

I went to the post office to find my shoes, nothing. So I wait. I call today and speak to customer service, again. They said that they take no responsibility because it was in FedEx position so instead of just sending me the shoes, that I actually needed, they filed a claim for FedEx to reimburse me stating that it’s the FedEx policy to make consumers wait an additional 14 days after the shoes are marked delivered to file the complaint. I didn’t order from FedEx. I don’t want my money back. I want my shoes that I will now have to order at full price because of a policy from a company that I didn’t order from. Famous Footwear states that this is a constant issue with FedEx. Seems to me like Famous Footwear should find a new parcel carrier. Unless they just don’t want to honor their sales and this is the way around it? Makes no sense.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I ordered a pair of Blowfish shoes and a pair of Roxy sandals. I ordered sizes I am normally/was currently wearing. I then read reviews of wrong sizes being shipped and wrong shoes being sent or taking forever and was super skeptical and regretted the purchase, but chose to see how it would go. Both pairs of shoes arrived in pristine condition, with accurate sizing and wrapped really cute! I placed my order on Friday, August 7th and the order arrived August 11th. AMAZING! Shoes are super cute and I am very happy with this place now.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Ordered a pair of sneakers that never got delivered. If you try calling customer service be prepared to wait on hold for at least 30 minutes. After finally speaking with someone they told me they are experiencing shipping delays and I would need to wait 14 business days before I could open up a case about not receiving an item. So after waiting almost 3 weeks, I had not received the item I ordered and it could not be reordered as they were no longer available in the size I needed. I sent an email in regard to my experience and received a generic email back from the company stating I would receive an email back within 12-16 business days. Bottom line - Don't waste your time id you don't have a LOT of time to spare!

Original review: July 9, 2020

Ordered 2 pairs of shoes. One got delivered. Called Famous Footwear. Said "well, it says delivered". Sure, one pair. Around 10 days later is is apparently resolved (huh)?. Never got the second pair. Of course, they suggested "I check the property again." So I paid 109$ for one pair of 70 shoes. Never, ever buy from famous footwear again. ** them.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I ordered shoes online from Famous Footwear because everything was locked down from Covid. They had good name brand shoes at decent prices. I get the shoes, took a long time to get them of course. I try on the sneakers and they are too small. I take them to send them back and it costs me $20 out of pocket. I track my package and it says they received my return June 8. I contacted them a week ago to see where my refund was and it says due to Covid there are delays. Today I received an email saying that they sent me a refund on today's date for $36. WTF, the shoes cost me $86!!!! I am beyond pissed off!!! So I ended up paying $70 for shoes I don't even have?!?! I emailed again asking for the $50 they are ripping me off of and I better get it back!!!

Original review: June 25, 2020

I ordered slides for Father’s Day. Paid $22 for next day delivery and of course no delivery. So I go online to check the status and it says my order was canceled so I call customer service which wasn’t any help at all. Was told my order wasn’t canceled and that it’s shipping problems and I would get my $22 credit back. NEVER HAPPENED! So a couple days later I get a email saying it’s been canceled because of inventory so for the past day I have been trying to resolve this thru customer service but it’s so hard to even talk to someone. WISH I NEVER ORDERED FROM HERE. IT'S BEEN JUST A HEADACHE! And now I sit on hold again for the fourth day in a row waiting to talk to customer service GREAT!

Original review: June 12, 2020

My new Nike Reax size 8.5 are considerably larger than my old pair. I have pictures, but don't see a place to post them. Now I have to pay to send them back. What a hassle! No more Famous Footwear for me!

Original review: June 3, 2020

I had ordered shoes from Famous Footwear online because stores have not been open. I ordered 2 pairs from Rack Room at the same time. I received the Rack Room shoes 5 days ago. Famous Footwear said that the shoes were shipped on the 28th, but in fact all that they had done was create the shipping label. I sent an email inquiring of the status. They sent back an automated response saying, based on their current email load, I can expect response in 12-16 days!!! In working customer service, we were required to respond within 24 hours. Never again ordering from Famous Footwear!!

Original review: May 18, 2020

I purchased 2 pairs of Nikes on the 65th of May. They are coming from Lebec, California. I live in Buffalo, New York.. They created a label. But have not shipped out my purchases. I called customer service on the 14th. They told me to wait another 14-20 Days for my purchases. That just pi§§€D me off. So I called Lebec, California. They told me to call customer service. I've had other orders from eBay come from California in 7 days. This company just don't give **.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I purchased two pairs of sneakers early March 2020. So as the pandemic was increasing in its severity. The company has the sale part of working around these difficult times down to a science. However once you've paid you're out of luck unless you want to pay more money to fix their mistakes. One of my pairs of sneakers were used soles dirty marks on the inside as well as the outside of the shoe. Gross. With everything going on in the world right now they sent me dirty used shoes. Now I obviously I don't want them.

Don't know how they sent a customer something that they state on their return policy that's unacceptable. "Unworn". I will have to pay the return shipping cost to get a refund. Because there is no one to answer the phones or an email a chat or any other means unless you're making a purchase famous footwear is closed. Please this is not good customer service from such a huge corporation. Smaller businesses I have conquered these issues in a taken care of the people that keep them in business.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I ordered a pair of Skechers Bobs for Dogs Slip Ons size 8 in black and white as a gift for a friend. I received Blowfish Malibu Fruit in Dirty Pink Canvas size 9. (Really?) I wrote every 72 hours, which is what they stated would take for them to respond but never received a response. I called, and after being on hold for 15 minutes, I was finally told my call would be answered in 63 minutes. I tried again later and it was worse. (How am I supposed to work and be able to get through to these people when I have to sit on the phone for over an hour?) I am not willing to pay for return shipping for their error. So, here I am stuck being unable to return or get a response from them by any means. NEVER EVER again will I use this company.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I placed an order with this company on March 28th. Per their order tracker, my shoes were shipped, not shipped, purchase declined, purchase complete, partial shipment, etc. The list goes on. I have tried to contact them multiple times in the past week via email, and phone. No reply to my email since Monday, and I have tried to call over and over the first time I sat on hold for 33mins and then my call was disconnected. Now every time I am on hold, it tells me I have a wait time of 30mins, then jumps to 50mins, back to 45mins, as I sit on hold as I type this I'm once again told my wait time is 60 mins again. I have sent emails about canceling my purchase if they do not have this item. I get what is going on in our world with the COVID19 as I do work in healthcare. But I don't think asking for a simple explanation is too much to ask for.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I ordered a pair of shoes online from Famous Footwear because they were not available in the store. They came rather quickly but they had sent me a box containing 2 different sizes of shoes. I brushed this off, was fine with going into a store and returning them, (returning the shoes in-store was the only positive customer experience I had) and re-ordered the shoes again - which never came. FedEx lost the second pair of shoes. It said delivered, but I was home most of that day, checked all around my house, and checked with neighbors. They are nowhere. I called FedEx which investigated and said to give them 24-48 hours. I called FedEx again and confirmed that enough time has gone by that the shipper should file a claim and confirmed that their trace team could not track down the package.

I called Famous Footwear after that and asked for a refund and told them I had gotten confirmation from FedEx the package was missing. They refused because they have to wait a full week to do that despite the confirmation from FedEx. Any other online retailer would have issued a refund with it being 4 days past when it said it was delivered and the confirmation from FedEx themselves. This will be the last online purchase I make from Famous Footwear. The experience and care for the customer has been horrid - especially since there are so many other retailers who sell the exact shoe. I ordered the same shoes for the 3rd time now, but from Kohl's this time for only $1 more because Kohl's won't make me wait a week to fix their problem.

I have had good experiences in the Famous Footwear store, but don't get there often and find it easier to order online. So if there is a shoe available in the store I will probably consider it, but I will never trust ordering online from them again. I am regretting not looking around for other retailers first. I'm sure if I had ordered these from anywhere else I would either be wearing them right now or would have had the refund I need.

Famous Footwear Company Information