1.69/5

71 Dressbarn Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I ordered 1 dress to be shipped to the store and even though the item shows delivered I never received the confirmation email saying I could pick it up. I first contacted customer service via chat and was told to call and cancel my order and get a refund without explanation. I called and asked they cancel and the agent asked if I wanted to purchase an item. This went on for a couple exchanges and she told me I couldn't cancel an order. I mentioned I had a live chat saying to call and cancel the order. She then did some "research" and refunded the order. I wouldn't recommend using Dressbarn online.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Purchased from online. Loved the product. Wore it, washed it. Very poor fabric. Balled up. Blouse it only fit for yard work now. Dressbarn policy is no return unless unworn with tags!!! SO if what if your purchase turns out to be defective you are just stuck with it. I will never shop with them again. No wonder they are closing so many stores with such poor customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I shop at Dressbarn frequently, I have been a customer for 9 yrs and a credit cardholder of Dressbarn. May 2019 I visited the Livonia MI store. I was treated very rude and disrespectful by two of the sales ladies - one young and one older. I was jokingly called a liar by the young sales lady and the older lady says to me, "Are you still here doing your retail therapy?" sarcastically. All this was after shopping trying on clothing once and after I asked them for a fitting room to rest the items I had while I finish shopping. When I first arrived no one bothered for at least an hour to help or assist until I asked for the fitting room. I felt like I was pressured to buy at least 3 to 4 pricey items in which I finally did and returned the next day for a credit back to my charge card.

I addressed the issue with a mgr at the register at the time of return items and she was rude so I left and am now closing my Dressbarn account. The sad thing about it is that I've bought all things wardrobe and accessories here even gifts and treated friends and family. I arrived at the store about 11:30 am stayed until 1:45 due to high prices and not wanting to overspend.

Original review: March 26, 2019

In placing 3 online orders I have had issues with 2 of my orders. The first order I returned online and didn’t receive my refund. After I contacted the company this week to inquire why my Feb return was taking so long. I was told by the service rep it was “stuck in processing and she would try to push it through”. It was pending for a month and would not have been processed without my call. I am still waiting for that credit. Fast forward 2 days to today and I received an email requesting me to review my recent order. This order I placed on March 12 and received one of the 5 items.

When I contacted customer service I was told the order was sent back. It was never in my possession to send back! I was told once they receive it to their warehouse I will receive a refund. I was told this will take 10-14 days. I explained that I wanted the products and was told that I need to reorder them. This companies online ordering and refund processes are too laborious on the customer. Almost feels like the lack of communication from them is intentional. I will need to continue to follow up to ensure that I receive my refunds. I will never buy from them again!

Original review: March 26, 2019

I selected store pickup. I visited two times after getting an email saying order is ready for pick up. Still store people could not able to find my order. I do not know how many time I need to visit this store to collect my order.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?

Original review: March 8, 2019

I received a postcard saying that the Dressbarn I sometimes shop at has been closed. So I decided to buy some things from them online. What a mistake! The items I received were so sub-par that I couldn't believe it. One item was a scarf - it smelled like it was 100 years old. Awful. And the smell had transferred to everything else in the box. The 2 pairs of earrings I ordered were not included, but I was billed for them! I decided to return the entire order - and then things got worse.

First they issued a refund that was about half the amount I had paid! I wrote to them and also told them that the earrings were not received. Our emails went back and forth so many times that I could barely keep up. Theirs were almost incoherent and made no sense. They sent me one of the two pairs I had ordered and paid for - and it had no backs on the earrings. It was just exasperating, dealing with them. I finally decided it wasn't worth the aggravation and stopped fighting for the money they kept but were not entitled to. Save yourself some aggravation, and shop elsewhere!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased 5 tops online and paid with PayPal. I decided that 2 were a good color on me, so I took my return to a store and was told I could only get a store credit because I paid with PayPal or I could mail it back. Return policy states to print up a prepaid return label. They deducted $6.95 for each item to pay for the shipping with this process. The other option was to fill out a form and pay my own postage. The form asked for many details which made no sense when the return item information was on the front of this form. The whole process was so annoying that I return all 5 items because I wanted nothing to do with Dressbarn.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Bought a Christmas gift for someone in November, 2018. Didn't fit the recipient so I had to return it. Was told I could not return it because I was 2 days over the return date. Every other store in the area has a longer return policy for Christmas gifts, but not Dress Barn. No exceptions. I have been a Dress Barn customer for decades but after this rotten experience I will never buy anything from them again. Buyer beware from this place!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Purchased two pairs of jeans from Dress Barn online. Jeans did not fit, of course they change their sizing or styles from one year to another. Tried to return the jeans to my local Dress Barn. They would not take them because I purchased them online using PayPal. Tried to find a return label on their website, could not find it. Sooo, packed the jeans, went to my local PacMail to return them and paid $17.00+ for shipping. Dress Barn received the package, but deducted $6.95 from my refund. Guess they never bothered to look at the label to see it was not their return label!! Contacted Dress Barn and they are willing to refund $6.95 which they should not have taken in the first place. Horrible business. Will never shop there again!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have unsubscribed from Dressbarn email multiple times. I have contacted “customer service” multiple times requesting the deluge of unwanted emails from Dressbarn stop. I continue to receive 1-2 emails per day. This has been going on for 6 months. I want the email madness to stop. I did not subscribe to receive advertising emails and do not want them. Why has Customer Service not complied with my request. They did respond saying the emails would stop, but this has not been the case.

Dressbarn Company Information