2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.5/5 (235 ratings)

About Dressbarn

Dressbarn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I bought two pairs of pants. They sent me one pair of pants and a dress. Before I could return the dress, they made me take a picture of the dress and send it to them to prove to them I wasn't lying. They treated me like I was a liar! Then I just wanted to return the whole order because I wanted nothing to do with them at that point. They wouldn't refund my money. I just got store credit. I'll never do business with them again. And you wonder why Amazon is doing so well?! This business sucks. Stay away from them!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I find it completely ridiculous that an online clothing company has a no refund policy. Are you serious with this crap? You can only get store credit, and they make you pay to send things back, but totally bury these facts when purchasing. If you try to contact them prepare to be ghosted as if they never existed in the first place.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I purchased the items thinking I could return them as per the Dressbarn return policies, since I drive past a Dressbarn store. When I arrived there to find it was empty when I attempted to return some items. I discovered on that Dressbarn.com is no longer the original Dressbarn. Per CEO Dressbarn shoppers receive a QR code to enable box-, label-, and contact-free returns for an immediate refund or exchange.... "Happy Returns is a natural fit for our e-commerce-first strategy," Dressbarn CEO Shayan Zadeh said in the release. Sept 17, 2020. That is a lie!!

The product is NOT Dressbarn quality. I received merchandise I did not order. The return procedure is deceptive as well. One must wait until they send (after several requests) a return label. Then the consumer is responsible for any shipping costs above what is on the return label. Each separate order must be packaged and mailed separately increasing the shipping costs. To date I have received no response from Dressbarn.com if they received the items or if my account will be credited or if I have $542.60 worth gift cards or credit which I would never use on this deceptive website. (I know through tracking they did receive all my returns). I cannot imagine that in today's ecommerce world that many consumers will tolerate the deception of using Dressbarn as their name and offering such terrible customer service and policies.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I bought a couple of dresses from Dress Barn and I returned two dresses them completely unworn, with tags, in original packaging. They will not refund my money instead they gave me a store credit. I called and they refuse to refund me, and all this time I am waiting for a credit to my credit card. I think this is a horrible business practice!! Don't waste your time or your money. Customer service was unapologetically curt and they don't care if you are satisfied or not. Shop at Macy's!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I had to return the dress I got from DressBarn They refused my refund back to my original payment instead they give me store credit. In addition I was also was charged for monthly membership fee $9.99. They are cheating customers. Don't buy anything from them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I will never purchase here again! I shopped here often when their brick and mortar stores were open, but the company running their online business is a scam. I purchased a dress which did not fit, they did not have the correct size in stock and will not give me my money back only a useless "store credit". Trying to reach anyone in customer service by e-mail is a joke, all they do is respond with form letters offering you a 150% credit. Since I would never consider purchasing there again that is useless to me. To top it all off I found the same dress online at Target for much cheaper.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Beware of their "membership" that automatically goes in your cart and will reappear without you selecting it. It is a monthly subscription. It appears to purchase a free return policy - but it only purchases a "free" shipping label for returns (that you pay $10 a month for if you spend enough money). You cannot get your money back. EVER. You can ONLY get in-store credit, and since they have no storefront, you may be exchanging things forever to get something that fits. The wording of the Rewards Member Benefits appears to offer a return rather than only an exchange...but that only refers to the shipping. So unless you shop at Dress Barn like every week, this is NOT worth much and the manner in which they aggressively shove it in your shopping cart is annoying (I removed it more than once).

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I ordered a few items for my mom, and four days later I was informed one item was out of stock. Since they already charged my credit card for this out of stock item, I requested a refund. Unfortunately, I did not know in advance that Dressbarn does not like to give refunds, even when it’s their fault. Instead, they give you store credit or a gift card.

The U.S. Federal Trade Commission states: If the seller doesn’t ship your order, it has to give you a full refund - not just a gift card or store credit. I see from the many reviews I’ve read, that it’s common practice for Dressbarn to accept a customer’s order and money, then notify the customer the item is no longer available, and not refund the customer’s money. Store credit is not a refund. It’s a very shady way to generate revenue and it feels like a scam.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Back in May I ordered a petite small dress and received a petite extra large in the wrong color. I used the store credit to order again and got another extra large in the same wrong color. So they made the same exact mistake twice in a row and would not give a refund even though they were the ones who made a mistake. Twice. A reasonable return policy would make an exception for an obvious store mistake. I ended up buying workout pants instead and luckily got the size and color I ordered. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Warning all of you not to make the same mistake. I have shopped at this store for years. Their Policy has always been that if you order online you can return to the store and you get your money back. Since they closed their brick and mortar stores now all of the sudden they are saying their policy is only to give store credit. SO you give them your money, if it doesn't fit, they keep your money. They lost me as a customer, never again.

Dressbarn Company Information