2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.94/5

Dressbarn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have never dealt with a company with worse customer service. They made an error and they're making me pay the price. Total frustration. I would recommend everyone shop anywhere else. Believe me, the clothes aren't worth the aggravation. I'm beginning to understand why the stores went under. No management.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I asked for a refund and was told by Adam and Saul (Dressbarn representative) that a supervisor would call and No One called. There is nothing I want from this place. Only my money returned to me. Not a credit! Calling counsel for sure.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2021

This is not the original Dressbarn that was around for years in the retail space. Whoever purchased their name must be some offshore investor who has hired offshore customer service representatives. The company is disorganized, doesn't know their inventory, their representatives are difficult to understand and unhelpful. What a shame, but I will never shop with them again after having been a loyal Dress Barn customer for over 10 years!

Original review: April 3, 2021

Although the clothing provided by Dressbarn maybe okay, the shipping and overall service is horrible. It look almost a month to get my order, which was too late to use. And, when I went to return the item, I can only get a credit. Do they really think I'd want to order from them again? Seriously??? Just plain terrible!

Original review: April 2, 2021

Dressbarn is under new management and NO LONGER ISSUES REFUNDS. This effectively makes all items final sale, which is NOT mentioned while ordering. Whoever heard of an online clothing retailer that does not issue refunds? You have to commit before you try on? BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: March 21, 2021

It is unacceptable that when you order something now from Dressbarn, they will NOT credit your original method of payment and will only give you an exchange or ecredit - the quality of the clothes is NOTHING like it used to be when Dressbarn stores were open. VERY DISAPPOINTED. WILL never order anything from Dressbarn again unless they change their return policy and work to have the same quality of clothing that we all loved when the stores were open and thriving. Very disheartening.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I saw an ad for Dressbarn on Facebook. I needed a dress for my daughter's wedding so I bought 2 possible dresses. I decided to return one and found out the return policy has changed since they became an online store. I can only get an egift card. These dresses are not cheap. I am retired and on a fixed income. Now I can't get my money back. And I have to still find some very expensive clothing to purchase with that egift card. First and last time buyer. In my opinion, spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Should of read reviews before I ordered-Items arrived 2 separate bags- No invoice- Very cheap fabric. Does not represent pic in catalog- One had a very strong stench of cheap perfume & BO. The other smelled like a musty basement. Tried to contact Co. by email, for return information, only response, Co would review- Did not realize when I ordered, cannot get a full refund- just online credit. Noticed when I was looking for an email address. Not the same as Dressbarn that had retail stores.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I made the foolish mistake of purchasing a dress I saw on Facebook from Dressbarn. The item arrived and the very first thing I noticed was an overpowering scent of perfume. Clearly someone either wore or handled this dress. It is disgusting. The next thing I realized is the dress is much shorter than purported on their site. Also, one sleeve is longer than the other. I reached out to return the item only to learn they only refund you with "merchandise credit". I do not want merchandise credit as I refuse to ever shop their store again.

I contacted customer service (which is a joke) for a return label and do not believe I should have to pay for the return considering it is a) inferior quality and 2) it reeks of someone else's perfume. So it's been a week and absolutely NO resolution. I asked if they could explain to me what they constitute a "limited exception" as far returns go. Not a single person at Dressbarn can answer that question! Moral of the story: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from these crooks! They are selling junk clothing at high prices and will keep your money. Just do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I ordered over a month ago. Never received order so I reached out and was told item was out of stock. I then was told I would not get a refund but a store credit. Then I was emailed that item was in stock and shipped. Never received. Asked for refund and was told that their policy is store credit. Think twice about purchasing from here.

Dressbarn Company Information