3.8/5 (492 ratings)

About Dressbarn

Dressbarn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

On November 29, 2022 I ordered items in the amount of $155.98. A few days after order was placed received an email that it was on back order. To this day, still have not received anything and they were for holiday gifts. I have sent about ten emails to support and an automated email comes back "thank you for contacting DB, we are currently experiencing a high volume of customer inquiries". There is no phone number to contact to get a live person. I have been a DB customer for years and am extremely disappointed! They should be out of business for poor customer service. I do not know at this point how to get my money refunded. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I purchased 3 pair of jeans online. 2 pair were too long. I sent them back and they provided me with a store credit for $27.00 which is for one pair of jeans minus the rip off postage they charge. I SENT TWO BACK. I have sent 3 emails asking for the accounting of my "store credit" (which I do not want) and I continue to get this email that says they are terribly busy and are taking requests in order of receipt. I sent these jeans back on December 10th. I think I should at least have a response by now. I used to spend a lot of money at these stores. Dressbarn has lost this customer for good. I would give it a big zero if I could.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Dressbarn is just stealing from its customers at this point. I still have not received items from a Nov. 13 order. After trying to message, email, call regularly about this, figured leaving a review could be the only way to get an answer. I would like a full refund of actual money - not store credit. Some of the items aren't even available anymore on the website. My order number is **.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I have been waiting over a month for an item from my order to arrive with no communication from the company. I have tried to call and that was pointless.. still waiting on a response to my email from 2 weeks ago..

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I ordered a dress initially and it didn't look nearly high quality enough to be worth the $185 they were claiming it was - so I returned it. After having to pay $10 to return the item I used my STORE CREDIT (no real refunds allowed) to buy more items that seemed like safer bets. All of them came in poorly sized (inaccurate or missing size charts from the website) or broken. I asked for a real refund cos at this point - I didn't trust them to make a quality item. I was told I'd be refunded and sent the items back (worth $84$). Despite the items being broken - I was only refunded half the amount IN STORE CREDIT. At this point they've scammed me out of so much money and customer service is IMPOSSIBLE to deal with. 90% of their products can be found on other sites much cheaper. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Since Dressbarn closed their stores, ordering from their web store has been horrible. Clothing not sized as described. And returning something is taking months to get just a credit back. Can't call, chat is virtual and email reply is taking weeks - absolutely horrible. Will not ever use them again once I use up my credit, if I ever get it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I figured I'd try them. Ordered 2 different sizes/colors of same outfit for my mom in September for my son's wedding at the end of October. I was immediately contacted that 1 was delayed by vendor. Nope, can't do that because these are for a wedding. They offered a gift card! I emailed them that a gc was NOT acceptable when it's a vendor issue and to just cancel the whole order. Took some fighting but I got the refund for the delayed outfit. However, they still sent the 2nd one anyway. The 2nd outfit was not acceptable so emailed for return authorization. I had to email 3 times before I got it. I sent the outfit back in unworn, new condition with tags still attached and heard nothing for 2 weeks. Emailed twice with no answer. Checked tracking, shows package was received by them and still had to email twice more. They tried to say I was already refunded!!! By now I'm livid.

I sent a detailed description of what transpired originally and that the refund I received in September was for the outfit that was vendor delayed in September and NOT for the one I sent back THIS month (NOVEMBER 2 TO BE EXACT). They tried implying I was lying. I had to send credit card screenshots of transactions, pics of their return record with tracking number AND a screen grab of tracking showing the return was delivered and picked up by them IN NOVEMBER. They told me their return policy states store credit (gc) only for returns. I asked them if their policy included insinuating that customers are lying and taking over 2 weeks to even answer an email when they HAVE HAD THEIR MERCHANDISE! I asked for my request to be escalated to a superior but have had no reply. Do Not order from Dressbarn.com! Waste of effort, awful customer service and only get gift card refunds.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

You can only contact Dressbarn via email. I have been going back-and-forth with them for weeks. I placed an order on October 20. One item finally showed up on November 12. I requested a refund for the other item that hasn’t shipped. Their site confirms this but they keep saying the item was received. I’ve gotten nowhere. Do not shop with them. I’ve paid for merchandise that I don’t have.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Do not shop here unless you know exactly what you're getting will fit or be what you want. They do not do refunds, only store credits. I ordered two shirts that were too short on me, so a different size wouldn't have mattered. They wouldn't give me a refund - said I had to return the shirts and then it would be under review from their manager. Zero response, and then was sent a giftcard. Can't use it if their clothes are too short on me. It's absolutely ridiculous for them to not offer refunds.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I ordered to of the same dress in different sizes and both were so small on bottom half you cannot get over your head. I then got Covid and was too sick to return within the 30 day timeframe. I started emailing them only 3 days past the 30 day mark, but they can take up to 3 days to get back to you. I have also called and they will not budge on the 30 day mark even if you were on your death bed. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!

Dressbarn Company Information