2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.66/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Dressbarn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Love Dressbarn...good quality apparel. The staff is really helpful and kind when it comes to heavy set women. Nice styles for the overweight. I would like to see more variety in clothing and perhaps more locations.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I am very surprised to read the negative reviews posted here. I have been a customer and credit card holder for 12 years. The store staff has been friendly, courteous, polite, and extremely helpful at every visit. I order frequently online and have never had an issue. I've purchased everything from coats, boots, jewelry, work and casual clothing to socks! I'm sorry for others' experiences, causing negative reviews. I've had worse experiences at much higher end retail stores. But I for one regret the closing of Dress Barn, and will miss their staff and inventory.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Love the store, can always find what I'm looking for and if I can't they will call other stores to see if it is available. I don't like that they are closing, because I buy all my clothes there. I will be lost.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I ordered 2 mask at the beginning of July, in which I only received one of them and I keep asking for status on the 2nd one. Which I keep getting an automated response. They are not sending my mask or giving me money back. I will NEVER order from Dressbarn for anything!! I suggest you do the same. If they can't respond to a small item I am sure they won't respond to a larger item.

Original review: July 26, 2020

There is not one positive review since 2020 when new owners took over. I spent a month- including several phone calls to customer service and 12 emails trying to to get a product that was delayed in shipping rerouted to my new address. Not one call was returned, any email response was asking me to rate customer service that I never received. Finally I disputed it with my credit card company who refunded my money. Today I finally got a response saying the would have refunded my item “if only I had asked.” Avoid ordering from Dressbarn- it’s not the same company and they have zero customer service.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I and a friend wanted to try to lighten up a very dreary situation. The Covid Virus has taken such a toll on so many needless to say...and we thought it may give us a boost to order masks that were different than the norm. We found a few at Dress Barn and ordered them. We still have not received them. We have since ordered from another company. We waited patiently for a significant amount of time and did take into consideration that the company may be short staffed due to the virus and company changes.

However, after contacting the company several times with no results and passing a reasonable amount of time to receive an order or for the company to refund us the purchase amount if the order could not be processed we took our business somewhere else. Especially in this case, when the product we ordered was not only something of vanity but of necessity as well. We searched online and found a company BLING ME A BOX, that we made an with. We not only received the masks quickly but they were very nice quality and were exactly as we viewed them to be from the photos shown. I would recommend them in the future.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I was a loyal customer of Dressbarn for many years prior to their closing last year. I began getting emails to purchase clothing online and decided to give it a try. Ordered 3 items of clothing and a purse. Received the clothing items but not the purse. I need to return 2 of the clothing items but the only way to return is to send an email and request a return label. It has been several weeks and still no return label and still have not received the purse. Their return policy says you have 30 days to return the item, but I have been unable to speak to anyone to find out what the issue is and why they will not send me a return label. Will not be ordering from them again.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I placed an order on July 3rd and have yet to receive any shipping information...nearly 2 weeks later. I called and Customer Service said that they have had the stock all along, but that the carrier hasn't picked it up and that's why there is no tracking information. LIES. You, Dressbarn, haven't created the shipping label yet. There would be tracking information if you had. Dressbarn then proceeded to tell me that the carrier hadn't created the shipping label yet. They don't do that...You do. Then Dressbarn refused to give me a date when my dress would be sent...their response: "SOON...." **. If I wanted to wait a month for a dress, I'd order from Zulily. You are losing a long-standing customer. YOU ARE THE PITS.

Original review: July 11, 2020

As you can see I've waited almost 3 weeks for the other 2 items on my order. Dress Barn has provided very poor customer service. First it took about a month to get MY money refunded in a store credit for returned merchandise and when I attempted to respend my money with a questionable company almost 3 weeks pass with no explanation as to why I haven't received the merchandise I ordered. If I ever get my money's worth back from Dress Barn, I assure you I will never shop with Dress Barn again. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Dressbarn has always been my favorite store. I was happy to hear that they were still doing online purchasing. I purchased 3 shirts and I want to return 1. I have been trying to reach someone to send me a return ticket. Three times I have called only to have to leave my information and no return call (as they state in their voice mail). Started on chat. Had to verify the shirt was not damaged. That was 2 days ago and still no return label. You only have 30 days to return and I still have time but the customer experience was and is HORRIBLE. I will find a new favorite store sadly.

Dressbarn Company Information