3.7/5 (257 ratings)

About Dressbarn

Dressbarn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?

Original review: May 10, 2022

I will never buy anything from this store again. I purchased a dress 2 months ago, never got an email saying it was shipped. I had to send an email asking and they said they did not have my size anymore and issued me store credit for the $60.00 I spent. I ordered another dress and they did the same thing. I had to reach out again and this time they issued me store credit for $40.00....(less than what I actually spent). How is that even correct!!!. I told them to keep their credit. Never again!!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I ordered a dress and upon receiving it, it was too small. I called to start a return. I was not aware their return policy is so very antiquated and is for store credit only. I repeatedly asked if I could receive my money back, as I had to buy another dress for my daughter's wedding, and had no more money. I was very polite, but firm. After finally agreeing for the return shipping label to be sent to me, I hung up. A week later I receive a notice that my "Subscription" was being shipped! I clicked the link to cancel whatever this is that I did NOT order, and couldn't log in because I had never created an account in the first place. I then find $9.99 debited from my bank account for what, I do not know. I have reached out to them in an email, and have yet to receive any answer. STAY AWAY!!!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Buyer Beware! I’ve had nothing but headaches with Dressbarn. I initially purchased a kimono top. It came damaged (had snag) so sent it back. Many days wasted to finally get the shipping label. They don’t refund your money even if their fault. I had to chase down my credit. I finally decided to order a pair of pants and use my credit. They sent me the wrong size! Again had to waste so much time to return due to a dressbarn mistake. I still haven’t gotten the new credit or correct size pants. I would never buy anything again from them. The worst experience. I can’t imagine they will be around for long.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Dressbarn return policy is antiquated. Considering they are competing with a huge number of online outlets, the option to only be refunded via a gift certificate is unbelievable. Also the $9.99/month rewards club is a joke. The rewards club only covers return postage of items for which they will only give you a gift card. I have had to cancel it twice because every time you visit the site it is automatically applied.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I purchased several items from Dressbarn for my wife as Christmas presents. I ordered early due to the possibility of shipping/product delays. By the time Christmas arrived and she opened the presents, some of the items did not fit her. We contacted this hack of a company, only for them to tell us about their 30 day return policy. Actually, all she wanted to do was exchange them for the right size. Never have we experience a problem with exchanging or returning Christmas presents with any company we've ordered from. We have ordered from this company for many years. Needless to say, I will never use or recommend this business again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I bought two pairs of pants. They sent me one pair of pants and a dress. Before I could return the dress, they made me take a picture of the dress and send it to them to prove to them I wasn't lying. They treated me like I was a liar! Then I just wanted to return the whole order because I wanted nothing to do with them at that point. They wouldn't refund my money. I just got store credit. I'll never do business with them again. And you wonder why Amazon is doing so well?! This business sucks. Stay away from them!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I find it completely ridiculous that an online clothing company has a no refund policy. Are you serious with this crap? You can only get store credit, and they make you pay to send things back, but totally bury these facts when purchasing. If you try to contact them prepare to be ghosted as if they never existed in the first place.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I purchased the items thinking I could return them as per the Dressbarn return policies, since I drive past a Dressbarn store. When I arrived there to find it was empty when I attempted to return some items. I discovered on that Dressbarn.com is no longer the original Dressbarn. Per CEO Dressbarn shoppers receive a QR code to enable box-, label-, and contact-free returns for an immediate refund or exchange.... "Happy Returns is a natural fit for our e-commerce-first strategy," Dressbarn CEO Shayan Zadeh said in the release. Sept 17, 2020. That is a lie!!

The product is NOT Dressbarn quality. I received merchandise I did not order. The return procedure is deceptive as well. One must wait until they send (after several requests) a return label. Then the consumer is responsible for any shipping costs above what is on the return label. Each separate order must be packaged and mailed separately increasing the shipping costs. To date I have received no response from Dressbarn.com if they received the items or if my account will be credited or if I have $542.60 worth gift cards or credit which I would never use on this deceptive website. (I know through tracking they did receive all my returns). I cannot imagine that in today's ecommerce world that many consumers will tolerate the deception of using Dressbarn as their name and offering such terrible customer service and policies.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I bought a couple of dresses from Dress Barn and I returned two dresses them completely unworn, with tags, in original packaging. They will not refund my money instead they gave me a store credit. I called and they refuse to refund me, and all this time I am waiting for a credit to my credit card. I think this is a horrible business practice!! Don't waste your time or your money. Customer service was unapologetically curt and they don't care if you are satisfied or not. Shop at Macy's!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I had to return the dress I got from DressBarn They refused my refund back to my original payment instead they give me store credit. In addition I was also was charged for monthly membership fee $9.99. They are cheating customers. Don't buy anything from them.

Dressbarn Company Information