3.9/5 (411 ratings)

About Dressbarn

Dressbarn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Do not shop here unless you know exactly what you're getting will fit or be what you want. They do not do refunds, only store credits. I ordered two shirts that were too short on me, so a different size wouldn't have mattered. They wouldn't give me a refund - said I had to return the shirts and then it would be under review from their manager. Zero response, and then was sent a giftcard. Can't use it if their clothes are too short on me. It's absolutely ridiculous for them to not offer refunds.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I ordered to of the same dress in different sizes and both were so small on bottom half you cannot get over your head. I then got Covid and was too sick to return within the 30 day timeframe. I started emailing them only 3 days past the 30 day mark, but they can take up to 3 days to get back to you. I have also called and they will not budge on the 30 day mark even if you were on your death bed. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Ordered a pair of denim jeans. Size 10. Jeans fit like a size 20. Tried to exchange, but it was over 30 days. Denied. Dressbarn asks customers to be patient due to COVID yet they have no understanding of how busy people can be WORKING during a pandemic, especially as a First Responder. No respect for their customers or hard working BUSY people. I will be spending my hard earned wages elsewhere. RIP customer service.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I ordered a dress online 7/2. Immediately afterwards, my credit card was hacked. Never received a shipping confirmation. Multiple calls and emails. They cannot fulfill the order. They promised in an email that credit would return to my card. More multiple calls and emails lasting months. Finally they offered a gift card for a return. It was NOT a return. They failed to fulfill the order. Do Not want or accept a gift card. Want my order refunded to my card.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I ordered a dress for a wedding, it was the wrong size, tried calling them for a refund and they would only honor a credit. I had to call them 3 months later to ask for my credit. They forgot to note they received the return. So they then honored a return through my email. That didn't work. Called back and they re-issued a card. Now they will not honor any discounts unless I purchase their 9.99 monthly subscription. Called customer service, the guy on the other end of the phone, had broken English. So very hard to understand and it was so loud where he was working that he said he could not help me because he couldn't hear me!! Just trying to use up a credit, it's been the worst experience in retail EVER!

Original review: July 28, 2022

Ordered two dresses, which were very expensive (in my opinion), they were shipped from overseas (Indonesia), directly to me, have tags that state handmade and are not even close to the size I ordered. I am not wasting my time returning because I do not want a store credit, no need to get more crap.

Original review: July 19, 2022

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I purchased three pairs of shorts from the online store believing I could return them online or in the store. Well, there are no stores any longer. It took 4 weeks to receive, the material and workmanship was cheap and the fit was not accurate. THIS IS NOT DRESSBARN. There was not return address or label to return the items and no phone number to customer service. I used the online chat and email and never heard anything back. They have a "strict" return policy for only a limited time so I took a chance and found an address online and returned with tracking and signature required. I had to pay $20 for return shipping. Fast forward to two weeks after the package was signed for and received....I only received a store credit!! This company, whoever they are, do not issue credit card refunds. I'm out nearly $100 from this sham company. Do not use.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I bought a dress for a wedding, I bought it on July 4th because they offered a sale, turns out they were over pricing it because now the dress is half the price. I tried canceling it and got no response and they shipped it out. I figured I would just try it and stop trying to contact. That was a mistake, they not only sent me the wrong dress, it was wrinkled beyond fixing and was thinner than paper. My underwear was visible upon wearing it and in no way worth 140 dollars!!

I tried contacting them multiple times and they ignored 5 of my tickets, the man on the phone told me I would get a gift card and I almost freaked but politely told him I tried to cancel the order within hours of completing the purchase PLUS its the wrong freaking dress!! He promised to credit my bank back. I sent it back promptly and it got to them within two days. They let this sit for at least 7 business days, he promised a credit within 5 to 6 days at least. I contacted them immediately and the support person gave me a credit of 120 bucks. Less than what I paid. NEVER BUY FROM DRESSBARN UNLESS IN A STORE, THE ONLINE STORE IS A SCAM!!! DRESSES ARE NOT AS PICTURED. BE WARNED! I will be disputing with my bank and made a complaint with BBB. Do better

Original review: July 9, 2022

Don't buy clothes from Dressbarn, the quality is horrible. I bought a dress for $153 and it looks like my Grandmother kitchen curtains. I try to return it. They said they only give me store credit. I'm calling the customer affairs.

Original review: July 8, 2022

The online store is a joke, do not shop with them. I have had decent luck at the physical stores so thought it would be a good option for an online purchase. I bought a dress, a skirt, and two shirts. None of them were of good quality, all workmanship was shoddy and the fabrics were thin and cheap. I knew they had a strict return policy so I immediately reached out to customer service to begin the return process. I got an immediate response saying they were working on the return but have not heard another word from them. I have responded to the email over 8 times asking for more information and have not received a response. Now I am over the 30 days they give for returns. I reached out again through the website and still no response. I am very dissatisfied with my experience and would not recommend shopping online with Dressbarn to anyone.

Dressbarn Company Information