3.7/5 (313 ratings)

About Dressbarn

Dressbarn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?

Original review: May 9, 2021

I have never seen a bad return policy than this one. They just mention easy returns to trap customers into buying from their site. They do not give the payment back to your original payment method even after you return the product paying from your pocket. And all their stores in every state are permanently closed. So there is no way we can even return in store. Be prepared to lose your money if anything you order from here isn’t a good fit!!

Original review: May 4, 2021

Know before you buy anything that "Happy Returns" is just a name and not their practice. If you purchase something and it doesn't fit, you WILL NOT get your money back. You will only get store credit or the ability to swap what you purchased for something else. While they indicate "Happy Returns" it seems like they are so desperate to trap customers that they are not clear about their return policies up front. FYI - I also did not receive the 30% discount I was promised when I gave up both my email and phone number to this company. This company is not worth the trouble when it comes to giving up your private data/info. Steer clear.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I ordered 4 dresses. 2 of 2 different dresses in 2 different sizes as I was not sure which would fit best if at all. Well as it happens only one fit but did not look good on me so I went to return only to learn that they do not refund the money to the way you bought the items only exchanging and or egift card! Even if it is before the 30 day deadline! I learned that and am beyond pissed because I only want the money refunded to my card! Not a gift card, nowhere on the page when ordering does that mention anything about returns other than you have 30 days! Stay away from this company unless you only like gift cards. So upset!

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have never dealt with a company with worse customer service. They made an error and they're making me pay the price. Total frustration. I would recommend everyone shop anywhere else. Believe me, the clothes aren't worth the aggravation. I'm beginning to understand why the stores went under. No management.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I asked for a refund and was told by Adam and Saul (Dressbarn representative) that a supervisor would call and No One called. There is nothing I want from this place. Only my money returned to me. Not a credit! Calling counsel for sure.

Original review: April 14, 2021

This is not the original Dressbarn that was around for years in the retail space. Whoever purchased their name must be some offshore investor who has hired offshore customer service representatives. The company is disorganized, doesn't know their inventory, their representatives are difficult to understand and unhelpful. What a shame, but I will never shop with them again after having been a loyal Dress Barn customer for over 10 years!

Original review: April 3, 2021

Although the clothing provided by Dressbarn maybe okay, the shipping and overall service is horrible. It look almost a month to get my order, which was too late to use. And, when I went to return the item, I can only get a credit. Do they really think I'd want to order from them again? Seriously??? Just plain terrible!

Original review: April 2, 2021

Dressbarn is under new management and NO LONGER ISSUES REFUNDS. This effectively makes all items final sale, which is NOT mentioned while ordering. Whoever heard of an online clothing retailer that does not issue refunds? You have to commit before you try on? BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: March 21, 2021

It is unacceptable that when you order something now from Dressbarn, they will NOT credit your original method of payment and will only give you an exchange or ecredit - the quality of the clothes is NOTHING like it used to be when Dressbarn stores were open. VERY DISAPPOINTED. WILL never order anything from Dressbarn again unless they change their return policy and work to have the same quality of clothing that we all loved when the stores were open and thriving. Very disheartening.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I saw an ad for Dressbarn on Facebook. I needed a dress for my daughter's wedding so I bought 2 possible dresses. I decided to return one and found out the return policy has changed since they became an online store. I can only get an egift card. These dresses are not cheap. I am retired and on a fixed income. Now I can't get my money back. And I have to still find some very expensive clothing to purchase with that egift card. First and last time buyer. In my opinion, spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Should of read reviews before I ordered-Items arrived 2 separate bags- No invoice- Very cheap fabric. Does not represent pic in catalog- One had a very strong stench of cheap perfume & BO. The other smelled like a musty basement. Tried to contact Co. by email, for return information, only response, Co would review- Did not realize when I ordered, cannot get a full refund- just online credit. Noticed when I was looking for an email address. Not the same as Dressbarn that had retail stores.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I made the foolish mistake of purchasing a dress I saw on Facebook from Dressbarn. The item arrived and the very first thing I noticed was an overpowering scent of perfume. Clearly someone either wore or handled this dress. It is disgusting. The next thing I realized is the dress is much shorter than purported on their site. Also, one sleeve is longer than the other. I reached out to return the item only to learn they only refund you with "merchandise credit". I do not want merchandise credit as I refuse to ever shop their store again.

I contacted customer service (which is a joke) for a return label and do not believe I should have to pay for the return considering it is a) inferior quality and 2) it reeks of someone else's perfume. So it's been a week and absolutely NO resolution. I asked if they could explain to me what they constitute a "limited exception" as far returns go. Not a single person at Dressbarn can answer that question! Moral of the story: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from these crooks! They are selling junk clothing at high prices and will keep your money. Just do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I ordered over a month ago. Never received order so I reached out and was told item was out of stock. I then was told I would not get a refund but a store credit. Then I was emailed that item was in stock and shipped. Never received. Asked for refund and was told that their policy is store credit. Think twice about purchasing from here.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I’ve always known Dressbarn to be reliable and fair but apparently that has changed since they are fully online. Little did I know when I ordered that the only form of refund that can be obtained is their store credit. The dress was thin and flimsy. Despite that fact, They keep your funds no matter what. Be sure you like what you’re ordering because you can’t get your money back.... You can just order more of their products.

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2020

This isn't REALLY resolved, yet. But, I was incorrect in stating that they charged my card before shipping. As far as I can tell, they DO post a PENDING charge, but it doesn't post to the account until they ship. My complaints would be the delivery time is insane and they are not forthright about that. They lead one to believe things will arrive far sooner than they will. One item they told me was out of stock. Would I like a store credit? When I ordered it, it showed as in stock. They SHOULD offer a refund. They don't offer refunds for ANYTHING anymore, so watch out. Pretty soon you're just trying to break even. And you won't. It's not possible. You just have to cut your losses. So, hopefully, I WILL be satisfied yet. It's just taking FOREVER. I don't see myself frequenting this store anymore. And, I do like some of their stuff! But, it's not worth the hassle.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Customer Service is very pleasant while they lie to you about getting your items to you. They suck the money out of your account the moment you order but, then your order often comes in drips and drabs. Maybe they're just extra busy the holiday season. But, two things: They ought not get your money until they SHIP, and they shouldn't lie about shipping. If their warehouse is a holiday cluster-truck and they're having a hard time, I'd rather KNOW that they're truly trying to get things unscrewed instead of being left up in the air with a bunch of charges on my credit card. I have quite a bit of outstanding merchandise I'm waiting for now and for all I know, they're going to take my money and run. In their defense, they're teaching me to not impulse shop. Nothing is worth this. Save your money. Do NOT join their VIP program. It's not worth anything if they don't DELIVER anything.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I have used Dressbarn for years but since they moved to online only they have really gone downhill to say the least. I made my purchase on 11/12, 2 tank tops, 1 sweater and 2 shirts for work. 3 of the items shipped right away, the other 2 have not shipped. I have contacted customer service and was "promised" that the other 2 items would be shipped by 11/30 and I would get a tracking number. Still have not received that tracking number and have reached out to customer 2 more times since with no response. At this I have requested a refund and the remaining items on my order to be cancelled as they obviously don't have them. I use to love them but I am going to stick to other stores with better customer service. It's a shame but buyer beware..

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I ordered 2 dresses. The sizing was off. The fabric was inferior. I returned one and was told that there was no charge to do that through Happy Returns. That is a blatant lie. There is a $7 processing fee. I won't be shopping DressBarn ever again! I am sad to see my go to place for clothes is gone forever. The company claiming the Dress barn name online is an overpriced scam.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I ordered two dresses on August 6th for a wedding I was attending at the end of September. My card was charged and I waited a few weeks and nothing arrived, no email updates, nothing. I called only to be told that the dresses would not be arriving until the beginning of September because they were a “pre-order,” which had not been mentioned anywhere when I ordered the dresses. Okay, fine. Not ideal, but still left me enough time to try them on before the wedding. I called on September 16th to check on the status of my dresses because I hadn’t received a single update, email, or my dresses that I had paid for almost 6 weeks ago. I was told by a very unfriendly customer service rep that my dresses were OUT OF STOCK and would not be back in stock for two weeks.

I explained how frustrated I was with this process, as it was my first with Dress Barn, and asked that they refund me immediately. After being told that wasn’t possible, the woman transferred me to the “returns department,” where I was promptly hung up on. I gave up. You can have my $50, Dress Barn. Then three days later, without an email or follow up from the customer service rep, the dresses appear - hmmm, so not out of stock? They were ill fitting and cheaply made. I returned immediately. Let me end this by saying I NEVER write reviews, but this company so clearly has NO idea what they’re doing that I felt the need to share my experience. Would not recommend purchasing from Dress Barn.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I ordered a dress through Facebook (I have ordered before) from one of their ads. They accepted the order on 9/11. I still did not receive it so I called. Turns out the dress is out of stock and they do not even know if the dress will be restocked. When you look up the order it is classified as a "pre-order" making you think that you will still get the item. The customer service rep could not answer any of my questions and spoke ridiculously slow. Will not order again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I have been with Dressbarn for years. I am so disappointed in the new dress barn. The clothes are drab, cheap looking and ordinary, the old dress barn was unique, and vibrant, and you have the nerve to charge the same if not more in some cases, you should be ashame. I miss the old dressbarn and the name brands that they used.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

BE AWARE...THIS IS NOT YOUR OLD RELIABLE DRESSBARN. If you place an order, you will need to pay shipping both ways. As a matter of fact, I paid for the item plus shipping upon ordering. The item I ordered was very pretty and good quality but did not fit properly, so I contact customer service for instructions to return it. I was emailed a shipping label, which would cost me an additional $6.99 to return it and returned the item.

Almost a month later I saw I was not refunded for the item, so I emailed customer service. The response was, "Oh, yes, you are eligible for a refund. We will do that now." So watch for refunds. However, I was only refunded HALF of what I paid. They charged DOUBLE for the return shipping. Contacted customer service again, and their explanation was they deducted initial (AGAIN) and return shipping and half was what I was left with, which is ridiculous. I was very hopeful when I saw Dressbarn was going to continue to sell online, but this is not at all the same company. So disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Ordered in July, it is now Sep and nothing received. This seems to be a common complaint, so my advice is to never ever order online. I still get spam emails from this company but have yet to hear anything about something that I paid for over 2 months ago. Complete rip-off scam.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Since my July 7 order I have been waiting for a shipment for 4 pairs of pants and 2 bathing suits. I returned two pair of pants, which I am still waiting for the refund even though they received my return. It took 4 support members before they agreed to send me a return label, which I had to pay for shipping. For the bathing suits, when they finally came on August 21, I no longer needed the items. When I contacted for a return, I was told there all bathing suits are final sale. Nowhere on the page where I purchased these items, or on the checkout page, was this stated. Plus, the items arrived 5 weeks after they shipped. This is unacceptable customer service. Do not order from Dressbarn. I wish I looked on the Consumer Affairs website reviews prior to ordering.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Expect delays, or don’t bother. It has been sometime since I placed my order and I have not received any shipping notifications, so I reached out to customer service, who advised the dress is not available in stock and is in transit so I should expect 5-7 more days before it ships. Based on other reviews I won’t hold my breath. Disappointing length of time to process an order - very disappointed in the wait to even get it shipped. I will not be ordering from this company again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I have been a loyal Dress Barn customer for years and was sad when they closed their stores. I was excited when I started getting email marketing from Dressbarn online since that meant I would still be able to purchase some of my favorite brands. WRONG! This new company is not the same and I would not order from them! I purchased a bathing suit in July which I received weeks later. The suit didn't fit so I contacted Customer Service to find out how to go about returning it. I was told that swimsuits are final sale items. At no point prior to the sale was I informed that this item was not returnable or a final sale item. In fact, on their website next to the item I purchased it states "EASY RETURNS" under the "ADD TO CART" button. Link to item here . So this is a blatant lie. I have reached out to customer service repeatedly and they are still unwilling to allow me to return this item that I can't even use.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I shopped frequently at Dress Barn and loved their styles and pricing. I was excited to see that I could buy the clothes I loved on-line and placed an order for 4 dresses. After receiving the dresses, I decided to return 2 of the dresses with the pre-paid label they sent with the shipment. After several weeks with no credit received, I called customer service and the lady told me that those labels were incorrect and that she would look into it and call me back. I called several times over the next fews months and was told that I would receive a credit. I even received an email showing a credit, but the amount was never posted to my credit card. I finally went to my credit card company and disputed the charges. After their own investigation Citibank found in my favor and credited me for the 2 dresses returned. My warning is DO NOT under any circumstances purchase from Dress Barn. The business is a complete hoax and should be put out of business.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I decided to purchase a few items online. Dressbarn immediately charged my card and 4 weeks I am still waiting on one item to ship. Very frustrating and I will not order again. My card should not have been charged until my order shipped.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I presold a pink kimono for 6/30 and the monies were immediately deducted from my bank acct. It was pretty so I accepted the wait. It's now 8/16, not only haven't I received it but NOW CS is telling me it's backordered after telling me 3 times they had it and was processing it and I would receive it in 5 to 7 business days.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Dress not proper fit. I even measured garment and measurement not even close to size chart. Not same quality as dress barn store. I have never been able to contact anyone to get a return label. I doubt I will ever be able to get a refund.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I have been a long time Dressbarn customer and love their clothes. Early this summer I ordered 6 dresses online. It’s been over 6 weeks and I still do not have them or any idea when they would arrive. Customer service consists of generic emails telling me things are running late but I should have them soon. The season will be over it seems before I get a chance to wear the sundresses. What a disappointment.

Dressbarn Company Information