3.38/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

13 Cartier Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I bought my wife a second-hand Cartier Love bracelet, in Size 16. Cartier claims that the bangle size represents the interior circumference of the bracelet, in cm's. A size 16 should measure 16cm, or 160 mm, on the inside. I bought her another second-hand size 16. That one was smaller than the first, so I took the newer one (my wife was wearing the older purchase) to a nearby Cartier boutique to compare it with their new models. It matched in size, perfectly. Thus, the first one I bought was improper (fake). When I measured the fake, it was 156mm of interior circumference (i.c.). The Cartier shop model 16's measured 152mm. I asked the staff why it's a size 16, and supposedly 160mm i.c., when here it was measuring 152mm. They had nothing to say other than that Cartier says it's 160mm.

I've written, and spoken on the phone, to the Cartier concierge, and presented this situation to them. They will say NOTHING except the size of the Love bracelet is the i.c. in cm, and thus 1 size 16 is 160mm of i.c. When told that the bracelet from THEIR STORE measures 152mm of i.c. for a size 16, they say "Cartier says it's 160mm". I understand that Cartier is a brand by snobs, for snobs, and that they're only doing what snobs do; but, I am very likely to refuse, forever, to buy my wife any of their garbage, until the can accurately measure and represent it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have Cartier watches and some from other luxury brands. I am not a billionaire, but can afford some nice jewelries and watches. No, I don’t dress like Crazy Rich Asians, especially when I go a few blocks from my house. I was going to get something elegant and went to Cartier boutique nearby, but was stopped by a security guy at the door. There were two customers and one clerk helping them. Other than that, nobody was in the shop. I don’t speak local language so I couldn’t ask the security why I was stopped. I saw shop clerks coming out from the back and waved at them. They looked at me and disappeared.

I was getting angry and next time someone came out of the back room, I banged the door. A male clerk nodded at the security and the guy opened the door. When I asked why I was stopped at the door, he said, “we are concerned about customers’ security”. Look... I am a small middle aged Asian woman and I wasn’t carrying AR-15. It was obvious that those clerks didn’t want to be in the floor and help customers. Other Cartier boutiques I went in other countries had security guards, but they usually have some kind of communication equipment and notify the store clerks. Once the clerk comes to the door, security opens the door and the clerk greets me.

Even after I was finally allowed to enter the store, the guy was not helping me. Just stood in the middle of the store and watched me indifferently. So I left the store and Bulgari shop happened to the next door so I went in and was welcomed by two store clerks with warm smile. They were helpful and weren’t pushy at all. I tried some, but they said their store doesn’t have many models available so if I like any from the catalogue, just tell them and they would get it for me. What a difference! And the watches look better at Bulgari anyway.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

2 months after this email and no one bother contact me, absolutely disrespectful to legitimate customer from Cartier!!! Stay away. Good morning, I came to Cartier Boston to acquire the gift for my fiance with the belief that we will receive great experience. However, it turned out to be the worst communication and I would like to address my concern to Cartier Boston and specially to ** Josh. After completing the order, we have been waiting for ** to inform us the tracking number, at some points, he even promised to send the tracking on that day but he missed, without any notice or apology. The communication regarding to receiving the order from Josh ** is extremely poor thus me and my fiance have to contact Cartier Boston directly to reach **.

Furthermore, we were so disappointed that the order lacks of cleaning kit as Josh ** guaranteed. Bearing in mind the poor communication, we contacted Cartier Boston and another lady told us she would contact Josh ** to make sure when the cleaning kit is in stock they would ship it asap to us. Frankly, Cartier is always a top notch option for me so this experience with Josh ** is absolutely unbelievable. He did not send any mail call stating that the cleaning is out stock nor apology for miscommunication. Until now (a month later) we still did not receive any information from him. The after sales service should not end like this in my humble opinion... Here is some information about our order: Our reference: **. Model: wedding band yellow golf. Individual number: **. Customer service contact: ** Josh. Ship to: Ms. Minh **. Phone number: **.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Last October for my 65th Birthday my husband bought me a Cle De Cartier Watch, 35 MM and it kept time 5 minutes fast. So, I took it back in May 8, 2018 and I pulled out my old Rolex which is still keeping time and I am extremely disappointed in my purchase which was not cheap. I will never go back in to make any other purchases... overpriced for what you get.

Original review: March 16, 2017

My Roadster Watch cost me 10K and it works like a $10 watch. The watch either runs fast or slow. I went to fix this issue more than 10 times over the years only for the watch to act up every time. One time the store told me that it's acting like this due to the location I work. "I work in a normal Manhattan office and not NASA," I told her! Cartier makes the worst watches, my brother has the same issue and switched to a Rolex.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cartier?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Wonderful, helpful service with staff helping and nice select of jewelry and rings and wedding band all kinds. They have great select of rings and watches and wedding bands and engagement rings and bracelets and charms and earrings. They have great and sales and offers every day not just holidays. Really reasonable price. Long lasting piece. I brought my wedding band set there years ago. Still beautiful looking. Love the store.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

They have great customer service and support in a very knowledgeable and helpful to get products. Their staff goes out of their way to make sure that you get the best care and product available. I was extremely satisfied with the customer care that I got and I highly recommend them. The product selection that was offered was easy to find. Because of the knowledgeable staff members at the company has I was able to get the best product available that I wanted. They have excellent quality products and services that very few companies offer.

The price was very well justified and I was able to acquire the jewelry that I really wanted, and a very affordable payment plan as well. The prices are very comparable and very well quality above a lot of other manufacturers. They have great, affordable jewelry to choose from. Good use of exceptional quality and meet the highest standards compared to many other jewelry companies. You would not be disappointed if you shop there.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Their customer service is just awesome and delightful. They know what they are doing and what they are talking about. They are very helpful. They have a good variety to choose from. There are even some pieces that are not as high in price for those that don't want to spend too much. I have inspected their most expensive to their least expensive. The quality on all were excellent and match reasonably with their prices.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

The customer service was top-notch. They quickly attended to my needs, are very knowledgeable and helped me with any questions that I had. The selection was phenomenal. They had a full complement of their products in varying degree of price range. There were many things to choose from. In this world you get what you pay for. When you shop here you going with the knowledge that you were not going to be penny pinching. Shopping here is a treat for money earned from hard work. Quality is the best. That's why you would shop here. They are renowned for having the very best jewelry and everybody knows it. Only the best to be found here.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

To me, there are no other company that could compare to the customer service they provide. They truly make you feel as a valued guest and the overall experience is the best I have seen in a long time. Anything from diamond rings to men's and ladies watches to earrings these people provide a wide selection that is unmatched anywhere. Go and check them out and I know you will be amazed with the wonderful selection. Some things are a little beyond a good price but the quality of the piece you are purchasing is the best all round. You will be totally thrilled with your purchase. There is no better feeling than to walk out of this store knowing you have the best there is. They treat you like family because they know how important the item is for you and your loved ones.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Cartier has it all over Tiffany. I would never buy my wife diamonds anywhere else. Ever ever ever. Such great product selection. Cartier is the Cartier of jewelry stores. They always have the best, highest quality diamonds, gold, or ever else you want. A little pricey, but it's totally worth it. I think this one speaks for itself.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

It was cheap enough to get and I really like the style of the ring that I bought. I love it. Very very beautiful. Many different styles and color variations that I liked. Very stylish and pretty jewelry. You are a lot to do with the girls. The price of the jewelry was decent. Not very expensive for the quality of the jewelry.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The sales rep was very sweet and helpful. She was knowledgeable and patient in helping me pick the watch. She helped with price comparison and went over the features of the watches I liked. There were definitely lots of pieces to choose from. Different styles, colors, metals, watch faces, digital or analog and lots of different features. Also came in a variety of sizes and prices. Well the watch definitely was a little expensive and definitely a little more than I had intended to spend, but I feel it was worth the money. It is very sturdy and extremely valuable and beautiful. Also has a warranty. The watch is definitely high quality. Very durable. We haven't had it for too long but have had no issues as of yet. It even got wet and was fine. And with the warranty, we don't need to worry if it breaks.

Cartier expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Often considered one of the most luxurious jewelry brands in the world, Cartier Jewelers is headquartered in Paris, France. The company is known for a wide range of jewelry products, but it is especially renowned for its selection of watches.

• Corporate responsibility: In addition to selling high-quality products, the company adheres to a strict policy of corporate responsibility. It maintains the highest of standards throughout the purchasing and manufacturing processes.

• Royal history: The company has a storied and reputable, long known as a company that sells jewels to monarchs and other royal figures; the company made the tiaras used in Edward VII's coronation in1902, as well as for coronations in Spain, Monaco, Belgium, and more.

• E-magazine: The company has a monthly e-magazine, called Rouge Cartier, that lets buyers learn more about style, jewelry-making and Cartier's products to help them make a more informed buying decision.

• In-store services: Customers of Cartier can expect a high level of service from its representatives. The jewelers can repair, maintain and alter any piece purchased from Cartier, including jewelry, watches, pens and lighters.

• Eco-friendliness: Cartier creates jewelry with the environment in mind. It minimizes the use of toxic materials in its pieces and tries to lower its impact on the environment.

• Best for: People looking to restore antique jewelry, customers looking to buy a luxury gift and Religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs