3.5/5 (139 ratings)

About Cartier

Cartier Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cartier?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cartier?

Original review: May 17, 2022

On May 11th, waited outside for 20 minutes to get in. Fine. Once in, asked to wait for an associate, fine. Waited another 20 minutes. Pauline helped us. Pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable person. We decided to purchase 2 watches and a wallet. Was taken upstairs to finalize the transaction. We paid. We asked for a drink, as we saw others receiving. Now 1 1/2 hours passed. Fine. Pauline tried to process the duty free paperwork. When it didn't work on her laptop, she said she needs to go downstairs to use a different computer and be back in 10 minutes. Fine. 30 minutes later, an associate brought the merchandise and left it in front of us. Where was Pauline? At the 45 minute mark, I went searching for the now missing Pauline. I asked the security guard, the only person around as we were left there all this time without a word from a soul. I saw an associate wiz by and asked him to send the Manager.

Julie came. We explained our upset, now 50 minutes later, left alone, and told her, we wanted the transaction reversed. She offered us a glass of champagne! We declined and now Pauline arrived, apologizing, stating the computer was stuck. Ok, but why NO communication with ANY update from ANYONE? Left completely alone, now nearly another hour. WOW. Anyone could have been sent to update if not Pauline. Julie tried to offer us now, a bottle of champagne. We were leaving for the USA the next day, plus we felt defeated with no Cartier purchase to celebrate, so we gracefully declined it. We asked them to help order us a cab, as now 2 1/2 later, nothing to show for it, time lost and other commitments to take care of, we felt, at the very least, they should pay for the cab.

As we left, there were 6 staff waiting around the entrance, no one waiting outside. Any one of them, could have communicated with us at any time. To add insult to injury, we contacted Cartier through their website regarding this incident (note there is no box/drop down to file a complaint), plus, I chatted with the live chat, even called yesterday to follow up, and was told, "we were in the system, it's been escalated" and you will hear from us within 24-48 hours, and again, ZERO contact/communication. Needless to say, we won't ever purchase anything Cartier. It's apparent Cartier doesn't like to address complaints. Awful service. No thank you.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Don’t buy from this Unbelievably heartless company. Ordered a bracelet late November as a Christmas gift for my wife. Started getting concerned when it didn’t arrive as Christmas approached. Made several calls to Cartier and got a bunch of lip service. Nothing solid regarding the bracket’s arrival though. Lot of promised callbacks that never occurred. They violated their website claims and didn’t bother to even alert me that the product was grossly delayed. It finally arrived weeks after Christmas and Cartier did nothing to attempt to make up for botching my primary Christmas gift. Not even a dollar off, literally NOTHING to make me feel like they cared.

Then to make matters much worse, I needed to exchange it for a different size and they refused!!! They claimed the bracelet was “damaged”. It certainly was not. Please avoid this company at all costs. They are insanely overpriced yet they still take their customers for granted to a painful level. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! NOTE: Watch them post a response asking me to email them, pretending like they'll do anything to help. Trust. They won't respond to the email at all just a cute charade.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2022

My husband bought me the classic love bracelet online. It was a surprise and he called twice to make sure he got the right size. He was told it was not to fit like a bangle that it was meant to sit on the wrist. So he ordered the 15mm. I tried it on the weekend before Valentine’s Day it barely fit and would not really move on my wrist and the little screws cut in to my skin so I took it off and put it back and called Sunday morning to request and exchange after ready terrible reviews on the process. I sent it back as soon as I got the email request info.

Just got word today 4 weeks later that they denied my request because it was received in “less than pristine” conditions which is impossible since I only tried it on. I asked for pictures and I am still waiting for those. Just seems suspicious that is takes so long to receive pictures of my bracelet. I would not trust this company. Now I am out 7000+ dollars and a bracelet I can’t even wear! BUYER BEWARE! I have also filed a comply with BBB but not too confident anything can be done. It very much feels like a scam.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Horrible service!!! Major scam going on in Cartier North America. I bought a Cartier love bracelet and returned it to get the necklace. I followed everything for their return policy (used box and label they provided). They claimed they received the box empty!!!! Complete baloney!!!! Called and asked for proof. Was simply told to contact my credit card company or my insurance for reimbursement. Disgusting!!! Also charged my credit card for another piece of jewelry I did not authorize!!!! Complete thieves!!! I have notified the police… Do not waste your money or your time!!! Horrible service! Totally regret ever getting involved with this horrible company!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

My Cartier watch stopped working, as the battery was over 21/2 years old. I contacted Cartier Canada middle of December 2021. I returned my Cartier watch to the address that I was advised by Fedex. It was confirmed on Dec, 29, 2021 that the watch was received. I was told that the service department would get back to me within 7 days with the estimate cost for the repair. I never heard back for the repair, so mid January I tried contacting them by email & after 7 times, no one ever got back to me. I called Cartier customer service 6 times, always being told someone would get back to me, no one ever did. When I left a message that I would be contacting the authorities, someone finally sent me an email telling me that the repair would be delayed till end January 2022.

After contacting them again, I was told that my watch was just being buffed & should be sent out the following week, which it never was. I contacted them again & was told that for sure it would be shipped out to me the absolute latest Feb 24, 2022. I contacted them again after I didn't receive the watch. I was now told that it would be another 2 weeks, as repairs were backed up. This is the worst experience I've ever had dealing with a prestigious company like Cartier. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I bought myself a love bracelet after suffering a massive loss in my family. I had been saving for years and while nervous to spend $7K on a bracelet, I felt joy for the first time in a long time. When the box arrived my husband helped me to remove the item ever so carefully. We aren’t rich so we handled this bracelet like a newborn baby. To our complete surprise one side of the bracelet's screw popped off. How does such an expensive piece of jewelry break from practically a breath of air touching it!?!

The next day, I drove an hour in bad weather to a storefront to show them what happened and see how I can immediately get assistance. The man who helped me literally treated me like I was Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. He told me I better call the 800-number off the website and leave his store or “It won’t be good for you.” Mortified, I called customer service and they walked me through the process to have the bracelet examined for exchange. IT HAS BEEN THREE MONTHS of waiting and having to frequently call for updates.

After losing patience and demanding for some resolution, I received a voicemail letting me know the bracelet is not able to be returned or exchanged because it was “my fault” the bracelet broke. I have never had such an AWFUL experience with a business - terrible customer service and cheaply made product for a luxury price tag. I plan on reposting my experience online to as many websites as possible to warn others. Take your money elsewhere!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Cartier is running a SCAM. I ordered a ring from the Love collection, had it in my possession for a week, returned it to exchange for the next size up after physically wearing it a very short time (1-2 hr) in perfect condition due to the fact that it was too small and I could not bear to keep it on my finger, I got NO communication from anyone at Cartier that my ring had even been recieved, I followed up numerous times, half the time not even getting a person on the phone, the other half I spoke with an "ambassador" who had no idea where they were in the process.

After initially being quoted 14 days for the QC review process, it was over a month before I finally got a generic email stating for any number of the reasons included in the email, that my request for a return was denied. I then had to go through four different "ambassadors" before finally being able to obtain the photos of "my" ring. The ring in these photos was absolutely trashed. Scratches EVERYWHERE. Damage like it had been worn for 20 years.

I have other gold rings I have been wearing for years that don't have even a fraction of the damage this ring they sent me photos of had. The amount of damage that they are claiming I did in one single week was physically impossible unless I had a heard of cattle run over it and then subsequently run over it again. They are running some sort of scam over there in order to defraud customers. There are multiple complaints on the Better Business Bureau website that details an identical situation to mine. This is not a coincidence. These people are running a SCAM and I will continue to fight it until I get my money back and I would never buy a product from this company ever again and I would advise anyone else to do the same.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Placed an order for a special event of more than $10k, following all the rules on the website in terms of shipping times. While the product was completed at an "express" level; they didn't think to ship it as such; or overnight as chosen. They do not take responsibility for anything and also refuse to open a case, or refund you for something that hasn't been delivered in over 5 days (meanwhile this was chosen as express shipping.) Negligent and unprofessional is, unfortunately, the least to be said about a brand that maintains such a high reputation. I am currently at day 6 waiting for this item which was supposed to be for a milestone surprise birthday. Shame on your customer service. I have bought cheaper items that have arrived 3x faster than your overpriced products.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

We purchased 2 rings from them, the first was an anniversary gift which we decided to upgrade a week later for one that was more expensive. They sent our "exchange" before receiving & refunding our 1st ring on premise it is exchangeable. Upon receiving 1st ring, they informed us it was worn and not re-sellable AFTER we returned the 2nd ring because it was too large (note: bought same size and only tried it on to learn it was too large). They will not refund our 2nd ring because it was tried on. This is all done online, how can you not accept a return that requires one to try the size on but claim it is not returnable. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE from this company unless you want to be out thousands of dollars.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I have ordered three sunglasses. I wanted to choose one and return the others. The package that I have received includes only two sunglasses. I returned both sunglasses that I have received but Cartier rejected my return and mentioned that I used them! It was disappointing to me since I have never ever used them. They share with me some photos indicating some scratches on sunglasses. I did not use them and I have to keep them while I do not like them. This is the first time that I have had such a bad experience with online ordering. I am pretty confident about myself that I did not use sunglasses but Cartier insists on that. I strongly recommend you to take some photos of high quality from your orders before using them.

Cartier author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Often considered one of the most luxurious jewelry brands in the world, Cartier Jewelers is headquartered in Paris, France. The company is known for a wide range of jewelry products, but it is especially renowned for its selection of watches.

• Corporate responsibility: In addition to selling high-quality products, the company adheres to a strict policy of corporate responsibility. It maintains the highest of standards throughout the purchasing and manufacturing processes.

• Royal history: The company has a storied and reputable, long known as a company that sells jewels to monarchs and other royal figures; the company made the tiaras used in Edward VII's coronation in1902, as well as for coronations in Spain, Monaco, Belgium, and more.

• E-magazine: The company has a monthly e-magazine, called Rouge Cartier, that lets buyers learn more about style, jewelry-making and Cartier's products to help them make a more informed buying decision.

• In-store services: Customers of Cartier can expect a high level of service from its representatives. The jewelers can repair, maintain and alter any piece purchased from Cartier, including jewelry, watches, pens and lighters.

• Eco-friendliness: Cartier creates jewelry with the environment in mind. It minimizes the use of toxic materials in its pieces and tries to lower its impact on the environment.

Cartier Company Information