Banana Republic

Banana Republic Reviews

About Banana Republic

Banana Republic sells clothing, jewelry, shoes and accessories for men and women. Banana Republic is available to almost anyone — it has stores in 46 U.S. states and a website that serves customers across the world. Customers with the Banana Republic credit card receive discounts and reward points. Customers can return any item within 45 days of purchase.

Banana Republic Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?

Reviewed July 7, 2024

Manhattan store on Liberty Street would not refund my return using original payment method even though the return was well within the 30 days. I reached out to multiple contacts including the CEO Richard Dickson multiple times and he ignored me in all instances. Clearly the chain is going down based on this site and the news, and for top level management to ignore an executive complaint just shows what the atmosphere must be like there.

Coverage

Reviewed June 22, 2024

I made an online purchase from Banana Republic Factory Outlet on May 22, 2024. Their return policy clearly states, "Returns and exchanges must be returned within 30 days of the DELIVERY date." I went online on June 22 to make a request to return some of the items and it said, "Items in your order are no longer available for return or exchange." They calculated the 30-day return window based on the order date before I even saw the merchandise. The 30 day limit expired on June 22 according to their records even though the order was not delivered until May 30. I should have had an additional 7 days to place this return request. Any retailer who cannot even abide by their own written policy doesn't deserve to be in business. What a waste of my valuable time.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 22, 2024

I never received this order of 6/4!! I have been tracking this order since the due date of 6/14. I have submitted requested updates and received No phone calls or updates! I have been lied to my numerous times by customer service agents about the whereabouts of my order. This is the worst customer service ever!!!! Now I get notice that you have received "my return"???? I never got the package, how did I return it???? I need answers from someone in the US and not lies from someone in the Philippines!!! I will never order or shop with Banana Republic again!!!

CoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 28, 2024

I've been purchasing from Banana Republic for 20 years both in-store and online. Today I went to return something and didn't know their policy changed from 45 days to 30, which meant I was a few days late. They wouldn't make a one-time exception. What a pathetic company.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed May 19, 2024

It's 8:45 at Tanger Outlet WPB, I’m needing to try on shirt and shorts. Sign blocking dressing room entrance. Ask a lady for if open however she speaks little to no English and gets someone else to help. The young lady informs me dressing room is closed and I am unable to try on items. I forward myself to the front counter for assistance however the young lady is assisting someone, I wait for an opportunity to speak. The lady then offers assistance I ask for the manager on utter, to my left her right there was the manager. I informed her of my concern she yes they are closed but I can open a dressing room for you. As we are walking towards the dressing room I pointed out the young lady who informed me it was closed.

The manager then began to explain that dressing rooms are closed because they have to sanitize them each night. "May I have your name please", she stated, "Gretchen," I then asked for the young lady name she stated Respa. I began to express I was not pleased and I would Google review. She reiterated that sanitizing is done every evening. "Did I do something to you." "No you did not do anything and you having to sanitize during business impacts my experience." She opened the room, I tried on the too little items, gave them to her and left. "Why are fitting rooms closed during business hours" I ask.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

The item’s quality is different when you buy on online vs store. The shoes on the left with the Banana Republic logo inside the sole is bought from the store which is the left one. The one on the right is bought from online.

Reviewed April 22, 2024

I ordered several expensive items from BR. Upon receiving the order I discovered 1 of those items was missing, but marked as delivered. I submitted a request to receive a replacement or refund. Less than 30 min later my claim was auto-denied. I called them and they said my only option is to submit a claim with my bank. I offered to send them photos of the order and everything I received, and asked if there's anything I can do. NOPE! They told me there is nothing they can do and could not tell me anything about why the claim was denied or give me any way to appeal it. WOW! Awful! I will never order from them again.

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 22, 2024

I have ordered from Banana for years without issue. I ordered 4 Claudette midi silk dresses to try on for a black tie event. They claim all 4 were shipped in the same package - there were only 3. They refused to refund me the $273. I filed a claim which they said is reviewed by an independent third party (new policy). It was denied. My only remedy is to place a challenge with my credit card. I will never buy anything from them again.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 14, 2024

Bought this shoe online. In all fairness was a no return purchase. On sale for $200. It’s a joke. Absolutely cannot wear these shoes. It’s like wearing cardboard boxes on tree trunks. Impossible to walk with any dignity. Called BR to see if I could return given my experience or even a credit note. They said “NO”. Referred me to their no return on sale policy. Subsequently saw the exact same shoe on DSW for $69.00. I “was” a good customer. Will need to reconsider that given their lousy customer service policy. DO NOT BUY THIS SHOE. Looks pretty but unwearable.

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

Buyer beware! They apparently have a policy where items purchased for Christmas can not be returned after January 15. Keep in mind that we ordered the correct size and wanted to keep that and are credit card holders who shop there often. Also keep in mind that we are out of town and were then sick so we missed the deadline by 5 days. They apparently prefer that you go to the store sick and risk their employees and other customers just to meet the deadline. Needless to say I am cancelling my credit card and will shop elsewhere.

Banana Republic Company Information