1.23/5
  • 1 star
Based on 88 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 22, 2017

125 Banana Republic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 22, 2017

Tried to reach Customer service robot reply password not working. Finally got it. Needed to purchase gift. At first attempt the promo code worked. When I went back to add an item, promo code not working on the previous item. This website is a total sham with the promo code works five mins then nothing. Waste of people's time. Don't get stressed with this bs website. There is a reason that Old Navy, Banana Republic, Gap, and Athleta all use same site. BS customer service and lame ** promo bs codes.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I used to shop with them a lot, but that was 15 years ago when they still had some integrity. The clothing used to be quite decent quality. Despite of polyester and nylon everywhere at sky-high prices, I still go on their website to hunt for rare items made of wool or silk and even sometimes buy something. Lately I have purchased a second pair of light wool pants. I thought since the first pair was wool and a nice fit, I would get a second pair just to have a backup in my closet. To my surprise the pair that arrived in the mail didn't even come close to the pants I have purchased 2 months ago.

The fabric was flimsy and you could tell bad quality and the fit was totally off! I have even compared the item number on the tags to make sure I've ordered the same pair of pants. Yup, they matched but the pants I have received were different. I went ahead and wrote a bad review describing my experience and to my astonishment when I went online today the review was gone! This wasn't the first time when they have not allowed/deleted my review just because it was a one star one. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 24, 2017

I opened a credit card 5 months ago with Banana Republic, that can be used at Old Navy and Gap as well. I have paid my balance and do not currently owe anything on the card. I tried to charge on it yesterday and was informed my account had been closed without my knowledge. I called Customer Service to inquire about the reason for this and was told they will close accounts if they feel individual credit scores are not to their liking! Even though they approved me for a credit card 5 months ago and I have paid any and all balances off... how is that good company policy? Instead, now Banana Republic and Old Navy will no longer receive any of my business!

Original review: June 11, 2017

My wife went shopping at Banana Republic today. They refused to accept her money. They insisted that she use a credit card even though she was trying to pay with American dollars! On the U.S. currency it states " THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE". What has the Banana Republic become??? Is it really a Banana Republic that won't accept American currency? I told my wife to return the item purchased and not to shop there anymore. I truly believe that their actions are unAmerican. The refusal to accept American currency is not just stupid but, I am hoping it will affect their sales and bottom line. What a horrible way to treat loyal customers. Perhaps the Banana Republic is trying to live up to its name.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I was happy with Banana Republic and remained a BR Luxe credit card owner until a recent change with their online payment portal. Starting February 2017, the online payment portal was suddenly unavailable for login. In March, they issued new credit cards and updated the interface of their payment portal, thus wiping out all my saved account payment information as well as pieces of my mailing address. They automatically associated my account to my login email address instead of the updated email address it has been using.

From a purchase I made in March through mid-April, interest fees racked up because I was unable to log in online and never received the statements. Not to mention no emails were sent to me because somehow, the emails were sent to an old email address. The new credit card and statements were sent to an incomplete address and therefore returned to sender, who never notified me until one day, I saw a delinquent charge on my 750+ credit report, which dropped my score slightly and somehow BR claimed to have closed my account.

I made a call to an extremely rude account rep, who told me my account is alive but they've changed my account information. It was a nightmare. I rushed to make a payment (Including late payment and fees) and magically discovered this month (May) that it was not posted and I was charged late fees and interest fees again. This is outrageous. They need to step up their game.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?

Original review: April 3, 2017

I had this card as well as Gap & Old Navy. I never miss a payment and have paid in full multiple times. This company has no appreciation for loyal customers. As a reward for my timely payment history and continued business, they first lowered all three account limits as a result of an annual credit review they use to screen already open accounts. Last month I paid all of my accounts off and this month they cancelled the banana republic card stating that the annual review of my credit report showed a high credit usage.

First of all, I am an educated and capable individual. I know exactly how much credit I have and how much of it is used. My payments on every single account that I have are always on time and often paid in full. The fact that they take no consideration of your history on their accounts and judge you only by what they think they see on a credit report is appalling. Great way to lose customers!

Original review: March 23, 2017

They send statements late to get late fees. They won't allow online access unless you give up paper. You get your bill notice along with hundreds of shopping emails. Customer service reads scripts and just doesn't care at all -- they know we use the card for the points. I have so much Hate for the Card Service that I can no longer buy the clothes.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I have been a loyal and longstanding customer of Banana Republic, Gap and Athleta for years now. I finally took advantage of (or should I say, was taken advantage of) signing up for their credit card. I was lured into opening up the credit card because of the enticing rewards that would be received as a result. I figured since I already shopped so much at their establishments anyways, that this would be a great incentive.

WHAT A SCAM! First, I realized I wasn't receiving my billing statements in the mail, so I finally called, only to be told that I was charged a late payment because a payment had not been received. After explaining I never received any of my statements in the mail, the customer service representative assured me the late fee would be reversed. He also assured me that my billing cycle occurred on the 9th of every month. We both repeated this several times just so I was extremely clear. I even set a calendar notification in my phone, while I was still on the phone with the representative so that I would never be late on my payment again.

Not only was I lied to about my late fee being reversed but he also lied about the date my payment was due and I was charged another late fee!!! They scam their clients by not sending them their credit card billing statements and giving them false feedback as to when their payments are due! That way they continue to collect late fees from them. I have never been more upset or felt so cheated by a company before! NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Their customer service is all outsourced and everyone I have spoken to has been incompetent and not able to do their job. I have paid my bill on time through my personal banking. Bill pay to them electronically. They say they haven't received payments. Every time I call about it and have my bank fax them the information they require they say they didn't get it. This has been ongoing for 3 months! I have called multiple times about and had the information faxed multiple times. Do not get their credit card!!! They are obviously unable to handle basic tasks and just give you the runaround and just want to charge late fees!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I bought a $250 gift card for my son for his birthday in early December, using my new Banana Republic charge, which I mailed to him. He never got it but someone used the gift card. When I called Banana Republic, I was led to believe that this would be covered, particularly since I had never had a claim of any kind previously. However, their card holder, Synchrony Bank, would not cover any portion of the stolen gift card. They invited me to call their dispute center, but it's a recorded message and their promise to call back within 2 business days is bogus.

I went through the procedure more than once. I did call Banana Republic customer service to let them know my experience, and though they listened to me, they had no constructive ideas for getting me any portion of my money back. I will pay the bill since I don't want to be hounded and to have my credit rating affected. Needless to say, the credit card is already cut up and in the trash. Be aware that if you have trouble with a gift card purchased at Banana Republic, you're out the whole thing. I was surprised, but know who NOT to do business with!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

These days, customer service at Banana Republic is absolutely horrible. I used two gift cards and a credit card to pay for a recent order with Banana Republic. One of the items was cancelled; this was the second item that I ordered this holiday season that was cancelled due to being out of stock. I had emailed customer service to make sure that the amount would be refunded to my credit card as opposed to a gift card. AFTER I sent the email, I received a notification that a gift card was being sent, followed by an email from customer service with the following message: "As your credit card payment had already been applied to items that were already shipped, we issued a refund of $15.63 in the form of a new gift card, that you should receive in the mail by January 9th." How does it make any sense to issue a completely new gift card in this small amount instead of refunding my credit card, and weren't the gift cards already charged as well.

This is an unethical business practice clearly designed to cause the consumer to spend more money. It's an insignificant amount of money, but it is the principle of the matter. How am I supposed to trust a company that not only has such poor inventory control, but employs these type of business policies? I used to shop at Banana Republic all the time, but it has steadily gone downhill since the early 2000s.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I ordered some work clothes at Banana Republic. ca on November 25th and never received the package. According to Canada Post, the package was delivered on Dec 09th and there's nothing further they can do. In fact, Canada post advises to have the sender fill out a claim. I contacted Banana Republic customer service (2 emails and a phone call) and I was told because they have done a refund for me in the past, for another lost package, they can't do anything!!! That I should contact my credit card company instead.

I am going to contact my credit card company to request a charge back, but I am just so frustrated because I feel as if Banana Republic just doesn't want to bother contacting Canada Post to fill out a claim and investigate this issue further. It's not even really about the money but the principle of it all. They are essentially saying, if your packages are not delivered, you are own your own. It's really a shame because I really liked shopping at Banana Republic for work clothes, but I am done with them. Frustrated shopper.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

First let me say if I could rate less than one star I would. On November 28th I ordered 9 pairs of socks for Christmas gifts, paid and received confirmation of shipment to be delivered in 2 separate packages. The first package was received and missing a pair which was listed on the packing slip with the order. I called customer service, was on hold waiting for a representative for 24 minutes, and then greeted by a rude and pretentious representative who proceeded to tell me I must wait until the second package arrives before calling back and resolving the issue with the first package even though the missing pair was listed on the packing slip for the first order I had already received. What an utter waste of time.

I then sent an email to customer service to ensure that the missing pair would come in time with the second order. I received my second order yesterday (12/13/16) and it did not include the missing item. A second email was sent yesterday and it has been nearly 24 hours with no response. Also gift boxes were requested and confirmed but not sent. Sorry Banana Republic, you missed the mark on this one and a loyal customer, as I will not step foot into another location (or online) due to their lack of response and rude handling for my online order.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I had a BR account for 30 years--since 1985. Spent a fortune there. About 18 months ago we moved and there was not a store close by. Checked my credit report the other day and discovered they had closed the account! Only it was not BR, it was Synchrony Bank and basically BR = Synchrony Bank. You think you are dealing with a store you have frequented for years and have a relationship with, but you are not. You are dealing with a bank. You are not a loyal customer. You are a number. Even if you call or write customer service--you get the bank.

I was told if I want an account, I must reapply. We all know what that means. Ding on your credit report. Just to reopen an account that was closed for no reason (except they aren't making any money off of you). Well--forget that. Stores offering no loyalty receive none back. I will no longer shop at Banana Republic and they don't care. Neither do I. And I will deal with two banks and their cards. That's it. Though, there are still store cards I have that have not 'dropped' me due to not shopping often enough.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

While surfing the net, came across Banana Republic 50% off online sale. As noted on the big first page screen, it advertised "EXTRA 50% off SALE Discount Automatically Applied at Checkout!" I kept searching for the disclaimer that would say otherwise. It took me an hour and a phone call to Banana Republic to see the tiny link, which was barely visible that stated the REAL deal, which wasn't a deal nearly as big as they advertised. SOOOOO deceiving. Even the Customer Rep sent 20% discount, I felt cheated in some big way.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I've been shopping with Banana Republic for more than 3 years and the last time I placed an order for my mom it got cancelled. As I called Customer Service they refused to talk to me because the person on the billing address was my mom, however, prior to that all the orders were placed by me. I was about to get my mom on the phone to confirm that it was her that's when I started getting questioned why I'm calling and not my mom. I felt like I was in court and before I could answer these multiple questions they hung up on me. I called back and they hung up on me again. In the end we sent 2 follow up emails trying to get clarification, however, there is no reply as of now. It's been 2 week since the order got canceled and the money was not returned.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I ordered a pair of shoes online Aug 2. Total $102.89, I tracked my order (which shipped and delivered two weeks later) and when it arrived, I had 2 sweaters (size xs which I am not). NOT what I ordered. No receipt, nothing else in the package aside poorly wrapped sweaters. I called customer service and spoke with a VERY RUDE representative. His response, "Find your email where it says shipped and send it back if you got the wrong order." Then I proceed to ask how will I be able to exchange. He responds "If we have any left by the time we receive your package back, call us". Ummm... So, I proceed to send back the package. The order has been delivered (I tracked it), but still no refund.

I called customer service and spoke to yet ANOTHER rude representative. I read her my order number. She mentions an item I NEVER made before. I proceed to tell her the CORRECT item I ordered and she says, "Well - I can't find that in the system, and just because you tracked it and it says delivered doesn't mean that we have it yet in our department and you need to wait 5-7 more business days." I have dealt with rude customer reps before but not to the extent of what I am dealing with here at BR. I've been a loyal customer for 10+ years and a long time card member. I believe that BR needs to enhance their training to their employees because customer service is everything. Brands may sell, but good - quality customer service will forever trump a nice blazer. There are plenty competitors with better, quality service that will gladly take BR's customers if they don't fix the major face of their business... Customer Service Reps!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

In the past week I made a store purchase which was a 40% markdown off from a regularly priced item, only to go online the SAME DAY and find that it was on sale marked down with an additional 40% off. I did receive an adjustment in the store but it required me making an additional visit plus I noticed that this top was still full price in the store. I additionally wanted another top that I saw marked down online with the additional 40% off promo so I asked if I could purchase in the store with the adjustment. It took me 20 minutes of showing the store employee my phone with the price & promo because even the store online system had a different price. What a scam!

Then the employee was arguing with me that the price was already 40% off so that was the final price so I had to go through my phone and check out to show that they were indeed incorrect. Overall I am disappointed that all the prices are different depending upon the store or online. This should never happen. Why shop in the store ever? Secondly, staff should know your promotions and how your sales work. NEVER buy anything in the store full price!!! It is probably already on sale or will be the next day.

Original review: July 23, 2016

Banana has a horrible credit card system. I did not receive any statements through the mail or via email. I called customer service to explain my circumstance and request to have a late fee waived, however, the representative's response was rude and unhelpful. She insisted that I check my email on a regular basis. As a loyal customer to Banana Republic, I expect better service and notification systems. I get regular email regarding events from BR, but when it comes to finances I barely get any (or it goes to spam!). Very disappointed and will re-evaluate shopping there again.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I have been a loyal customer of BR for some time. In June, 2016 I ordered my husband to-be suit because of a deal. Final cost is 441.00, BR shipped this item via regular mail. When tracked it says delivered, but we never received it. I rang them to do an investigation. The agent promised 48hrs. However the next day I received an email stating they will not reship or refund, because when they tracked it says delivered! What? Really? So they did not do their due diligence, no investigation, they just can't be bothered. So now I am without the suit we need for our wedding and out of pocket of stated amount. I called the post office. They are investigating. They were also baffled that something of that value was shipped via regular mail and not priority. I find the neolithic incompetence of BR and its services to be appalling! To be quite frank I am shocked by the mediocrity of this company! Never again!!!

Original review: June 2, 2016

I purchased a women's white cotton shirt last fall. I wore it a few times and tried to wash it myself, following the manufacturer's directions. It didn't clean well, so I took it to the laundry to be cleaned and pressed. When the laundry washed and pressed it, the band at the hem literally dissolved and fell off, and the edges of the cuffs and collar turned black. Both the laundry and Banana Republic determined the shirt was defective. I took the shirt back to the Banana Republic store. They refused to refund more than $18 of the nearly $80 price, claiming the shirt was more than a year old. It wasn't. They also refused to replace it without charging me for shipping and a replacement cost. I'm appalled by the terrible quality of the garment, by the total indifference of the company, and by Banana Republic's unwillingness to stand behind their product. I do not expect to shop at Banana Republic in the future.

Original review: May 22, 2016

Found on sale rack - price looked as if it was marked 19.99. Cashier told me my final total was around 59.99. I almost has a heart attack. It was just a simple cotton top. I asked her to check it out and after around 4 tries 4 different prices were quoted. Finally with tax I paid 35.00. I still think I was overcharged. Guess I paid for the name Banana Republic! Also the cashiers in this store are never friendly, no one greets or comes to help you. If you are working in retail how can you be snobbish. You need sales to keep you in business and to have a job. People like me who keep you in business. Anyhow your merchandise is overpriced and not even locally made.

Original review: May 20, 2016

My purchase experience was most hateful and totally embarrassing and put me in a position where I would never want to walk into the store again. Everyone in the store could hear the content with the salesperson, who said she was the highest level employee in the store (her cashier no. ** on 5/19/16). She proceeded to request a driver's license which I do not carry, then if not that a government ID (and who has that) and refused to take 2 different work IDs from the business center in which Banana was located and I was purchasing, or my American Express Card and told me she would not give me the full discount without this ID but would sell it to me at a higher price.

She would sell it to me without full discount because I don't carry this ID, and why I would like to know when I have Banana's credit card, I insisted and said I wanted to purchase this merchandise which had a full purchase price of $49.99! I would like Banana Republic to know of this experience. Retail is continually having a hard time selling. And this kind of an experience selling to authentic people, not thieves, which she was basically claiming I was, caused me anger, frustration and a real dislike for even wanting to attempt to enjoy myself making a purchase in this horrible store. She claimed it was for my own protection. I have protection of my credit cards and pay for it. This makes no sense. Because others steal, I am to be made a spectacle of, and accused of stealing? I have seen people walk into a store and grab whatever and just leave and we who pay must be scrutinized in this disgusting manner.

Original review: April 8, 2016

I have always like Banana Republic's clothing, however I have had less than pleasant experiences shopping in their stores. I have found many employees to be rude, not knowledgeable about the products and generally not helpful. Many times I have felt like they acted like they were doing me a favor by ringing me up or answering a question I asked. Well, today I have had it. I was in the store on 66th & Broadway in Manhattan a few weeks ago and saw a green shirt I loved. I didn't see my size and I hunted around for a sales associate. After combing the store and not finding one, I went to the register's and asked if they could find someone to help me. The woman said "Can't you see I'm busy". I'm sorry if it was late and she had a line. I asked my question politely and received a rude, unwarranted response. Finally, I saw a man on the floor and asked if they had anymore of this green shirt in my size.

He said "Whatever is out there, is out there, it's on the sale rack". I said "do you think that any other stores might have my size?" He said "I don't know, check online." He was abrupt and had a lot more attitude than I care for. I did buy a sweater, however I left the store annoyed. Not only did I not get to buy the shirt I wanted, I encountered two people who should not work in retail. I went online and found the green shirt I wanted in my size. I was happy .The day it came, it was NAVY and it clearly said NAVY on the tag. The shirt was NAVY and the order says GREEN. I called to lodge my complaint and find out what happened. I spoke to the woman and she apologized and was mostly pleasant. She tried to talk me into keeping the shirt and maybe I ordered the wrong thing. She said "Things look different online". I explained to her I saw and touched the GREEN shirt in the store and I know what I want and what I ordered.

I was tired and frustrated because this is wasting my time. She said I could ship the wrong shirt back. I said , "Oh ,I'll just keep the blue one, and now that we got this settled I'll reorder the GREEN one." I place the order with her. Three days later, I get a package and it's another NAVY shirt. I am just appalled at the carelessness of this company and their employees. I call again, ask for a supervisor , she assures me she will take care of it. There was a mix up in the labeling at the Factory or something, and she even told me others have had this same issue. She calls stores, finds the Green shirt and says call the BR number the next day and they will confirm it and get this squared away.

I call today, I have to give all my info over again. The woman I am speaking to tells me that the store is closed and that they don't have the shirt anyway. Then she calls another store. They don't have it either. So now I have two NAVY shirts I don't want and have paid twice for and I can't get the GREEN shirt I wanted. And I have wasted time, energy and money to be treated poorly. If I conducted my business with the inaccuracy and incompetence that I have experienced with BR, I would not have a business. I will not shop at their stores or online with them and I warn you to be cautious if you do.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

Do not use their credit card. They will cancel your card even though you have paid in full and have no balance. They will send a letter stating you have poor credit compared to others which is totally unfounded. I had the card for 2 years but had paid off all balances but didn't use the card for 6 months. Instead of closing for inactivity a lie is created to justify closing the account. Use another card to make purchases. The interest rate is too high anyways compared to other store credit cards.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

On Dec 10, I was buying a Dell computer and had to cancel the first transaction. When I tried to buy the new computer again after the cancellation, I was told my card was declined and had to use a different card. That's where the nightmare started. I called the number on the back of the Banana card, was told that they could not verify my phone number and I would have to send in a copy of my state ID for them to unlock the account, so I followed the instruction and sent in the copy. I called back to check on the status couple weeks later and was told that due to the holidays, my document may get delayed -- ok that's understandable.

Now fast forward to Jan 01 7:02 AM PST / 9 AM CST (still have that in the call log), I got a phone call from the same lady (very distinctive voice and accent) from Banana Republic, telling me that I need to send in a copy of my state ID. I told her I already did, and if there was any other updates/progress on the case, she said no. Ok so why call me at such an hour on the New Year's Day? Just to tell me to do something I already did 20 days ago?

Now fast forward to Jan 23, since I haven't heard from the Banana/Synchrony Bank since that early morning call on the New year's Day, and I have a 25$ reward that's about to expire. I called again, and was told that they have processed my mailed-in state ID copy on Jan 13. Now that it's in the system, it will take about 2 weeks to process it and unlock my account, and I can NOT use that 25$ reward before the account was unlocked. The lady suggested me to call back in February to check if the account is unlocked and ask them to re-issue the reward that I could not use (I have yet to try that). Please note, up until this point, they have only mentioned about the copy of state ID, and did not say anything at all about any other documents I had to send in.

Today, Feb 05, I called again in the afternoon to see if it's unlocked yet. Some girl with an accent I could barely understand answered the phone, and guess what? She tells me the account is not unlocked yet BECAUSE I DID NOT SEND IN SUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS. So now I have to send in my bank statement and utility bills - which is all news to me since no one during all the previous phone calls had mentioned any of these. Isn't that just great? It's been 2 months, now they tell me there were other documents I had to send in. I wonder if they will wait 'til my other 50 and 65$ reward expires to tell me there were other documents they needed?

This whole experience clearly shows 2 things: 1. Miscommunication inside the Synchrony Bank, where information of the customer/cases are not updated or not accessible for customer service personnel on the same job, so they end up doing redundant work. 2. Customer Service location is most likely not even inside the US, that would explain the early morning phone call, the accents etc. 3. They DON'T care about the cardholders, since they have not showed any initiative to fix this issue, and it's up to the customer to keep calling back to check on the status--I doubt they would have called me to tell me they needed more documents had I not called and checked. 4. Possible shady/dishonest practice about their reward program - once you have accumulated certain amount $$$ of reward, they'd make it difficult for you to use them.

To be honest, if I can do without the card for 2 months during the holiday shopping season, I probably don't need this card anyways. But I don't want to let them win because if I give up and close the account now, I'd also be giving up the hundreds of dollars of reward I have earned. Or perhaps that's precisely why the bank/credit card company Synchrony Bank had showed NO initiative to unlock my account, who knows. If you are undecided on whether to open an account with them, be warned that you may not be able to use the rewards you have earned .

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

Received a gift card in December... seriously, it's cardboard. Put it in my wallet where it came in contact with something slightly sticky (I have a toddler). Part of the magnetic strip is gone and same with half the card's identifying number. According to the customer service rep (who was friendly/polite) it's now my burden to get the receipt from the giver, call Banana Republic customer service, etc., etc. They're simply sorry... And just repeat that over and over. They know what store it was purchased at, know it was mid December, can see the last 5 digits of the number plus some other identifiers -- but it's my problem now.

It was absolutely BR's fault for issuing a foolish card with no plans to mitigate the obvious problems it would cause. I have zero free time to do this, but am doing it because I'm angry that they care that little about my experience with their products. I'm tempted to just give the card back to the sender, have her return it for cash they can keep, and simply warn others to go elsewhere when giving gift cards. Way to ruin a birthday gift with preventable irritation. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

My Bank disbursed funds for payoff to PO Box (because no physical address was given) so they were not able send the check via registered mail. Three weeks later, they still claim they do not have the payment. Was told that Credit Cards are notorious for holding mail to collect more interest which appears to be the case here. When I called and spoke to Supervisor, after being told by Rep that they do not have a physical address to receive FedEx mail, I was told they DO HAVE an address but don't give it out. Sadly, there is no way to get hard proof that they hold payments. What a scam and no amount of BR cash will offset the distaste for this practice. Time to close this one out.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

For two days, I've been calling the customer service line and waiting over an hour with no answer. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! They blocked my card and I tried to call and solve the problem, so I can order online at Banana Republic. But they just kept me on hold for hour. If I don't receive a call back I will cancel my card.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

This is the worst credit card of all time. I have been a credit card holder for numerous years, and have never not paid a payment in full every month. This credit card is notorious for blocking transactions that they feel are high (obviously not counting BR themselves!!) without any reason other than the amount. Because of them, I might not receive some of my wedding attire in time. The only reason I knew was because I was calling them about a separate translation and learned my former transaction did not go through. They literally have the worst customer service I have ever received. I really believe they must prey on the poor, because otherwise why would they cut off normal transactions because they seem "too high?" Do yourself a favor and ditch this card and get a United Chase card. Way better service and you don't have to worry about being cut off for no reason. I lost my Chase card and they expedited it to me in two days.

Banana Republic Company Information