3.3/5 (88 ratings)

About Banana Republic

Banana Republic sells clothing, jewelry, shoes and accessories for men and women. Banana Republic is available to almost anyone — it has stores in 46 U.S. states and a website that serves customers across the world. Customers with the Banana Republic credit card receive discounts and reward points. Customers can return any item within 45 days of purchase.

Banana Republic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I bought a Jacket in 2 different sizes, I received both jackets, the Small fit better and when I tried returning the Medium I was told it's final sale, so now I'm stuck with 2 of the same jackets. Final sale for online items should be illegal, because how do you know if the item will fit properly? This just means Banana Republic does not back their back their product, because when you trust that you are selling a good product, you don't need to make such ridiculous return policies. I'm truly disappointed, after over 10 years of shopping at Banana Republic and thousands of $ spent on this company, I can't believe they are doing this to their customers...

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

While I was out of the country, they switched banks, and then doing so it locked me out of my account. I was not able to resume access without physical possession of a card that I was unable to reach until I returned home. During this time $30 went past due, and they assessed late fees and charges, despite knowing that I, and I’m sure MANY others, were locked out of our accounts by their doing. Out of our control. I called customer service, and they said they couldn’t locate my account… Transferred me to another department, which could. They collected my full payment through an automated system, before transferring me to a very rude customer service rep, who kept interrupting me and challenging my statements. They made it incredibly difficult to reactivate my account. I had been an active customer for 20 years. Today they lost me. Barclay’s sucks. And Banana Republic Corporate sucks. Retail workers are great. But after 20 years - I’m out.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I'm 6'5" and look for nice T-shirts that are tall and extra large. BR t-shirts seemed to fit the bill. However, their Luxe Touch Performance t-shirts shrank after one wash and the collars are wrinkled. I do not recommend buying these shirts. I do like their Premium Wash shirts as they seem to hold up fine after washing.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I ordered three items to be expedited overnight for a very important business trip. I paid a very high fee for expedited shipping. The company kept showing the same date for three days for when the items will be delivered. The package was lost by Banana Republic, and they never updated shipping date. UPS never received it. I never had time to buy new clothing, and they offered no explanation and no apology. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I started an order a month ago and one of the puffer jackets was on the order but they did not deliver it and they refused to check if it was in the inventory today. They charged me the money and they delivered nothing and when I complained they said it was delivered. I asked them to deliver it to my school where the secretary received nothing and when I complained they said to complain to Mastercard or the bank not to them. It is ridiculous to steal money from a customer and not send them the product you paid for. It is dishonest and they refuse to fix the problem, even if you call them complaining.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Placed an order and realized it was not the fit I wanted. I tried to cancel and they refuse to cancel my order after 1 hour of placing. Definitely won't buy from them again. Spoke to Shannon ** and rudely laughed and when I asked to speak to someone else she hung up.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Purchased a brand new utility jacket that was to be mailed out to me. I was not given a receipt nor was I informed of a new exchange policy that occurred days before. When I had to exchange it, I was not allowed to because of a few days difference despite that they had record of my purchase. Apparently the package it arrived in was the receipt. Called customer service and even contacted BBB. They simply did not care. Jacket is brand new with tags, unworn, it didn’t fit. Having been a loyal customer of 20 years I was greatly disappointed. I froze my credit cards and will definitely take my business elsewhere, it’s apparent they just don’t care.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I placed an order for items. Received notice 3 had shipped and one scheduled for later shipment. First, I received notice my order had been delivered. I was at home, and it was not delivered. I called BR customer service. The person with whom I spoke could not understand me nor I her. I told her my package had not been received. She kept saying, "So, you received your package?" After a few times of this, she put me on hold and told me to wait until tomorrow and call back if not received. I asked what time should I call. She responded, "Yes, call tomorrow." I gave up after each of us had said the same thing 4 times. In checking on all this I noticed the delayed item had been canceled. When I asked why I had not been notified of it not being available. She responded, "Yes, the item is not available." Once again, I gave up after we each repeated this interchange 4 times.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Banana Republic is now using Lasership to ship packages and the experience is beyond frustrating. My expectation is not of next day or even 2 day delivery, but Lasership has the most random updates on their tracking and in general, packages will have no status updates for days. You can do better than this.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Recently I have noticed that unless you call multiple times you will not be issued a refund for your return. They got my return delivered 4 weeks ago. Multiple calls to very polite customer service and still no refund. They are "transferred the issue" to another department. I have their credit card and have been a good client with Luxe status for over a decade. And is the second time this year. Don't waste your time ordering from them. Shop in stores. Feel very disappointed. Shame on them.

Banana Republic Company Information