2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (398 ratings)

About Banana Republic

Banana Republic sells clothing, jewelry, shoes and accessories for men and women. Banana Republic is available to almost anyone — it has stores in 46 U.S. states and a website that serves customers across the world. Customers with the Banana Republic credit card receive discounts and reward points. Customers can return any item within 45 days of purchase.

Banana Republic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I traveled to Washington DC. I shopped at Banana Republic. The store was crowded and I didn't have much time. I didn't try on the items and a few things did not fit. I called to find out an address I could return the items. The policy is you have to return to the store. That's fine, but Banana Republic does not have any stores within 4 hours of me. If I hold them until I travel again they won't take them. This is policy makes no sense. Stores are closing all the time. I will not purchase their clothing on vacation anymore. I also signed up for their rental program Style Passport. It is the worst. Once you get on it the clothes look nothing like the website. I don't know where they get the cloths for this thing but the style and quality are really bad. Total waste of money! I won't be shopping here or their other companies anymore.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

On November 8th, 2020 I placed an order for this cape. It stated online it would ship around the 27th of the month. Also, it was on sale when the order was placed. November 27th came and went. On December 24th received an email stating my order was cancelled. I go on the website January 2, 2021 to find the cape was being offered at full price and already sold out. I confused because how could orders not be fulfilled on an item that is being offered in a previous month. So disappointed because I purchase a lot of my pieces from here. The customer service has really went down.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Very, very bad experience. Never in my life will buy from Banana again. They should learn from Amazon service. I returned the package for refund. Called, was told twice that money was refunded to my credit card. Also received an email that money will be refunded within 10 days. A month later, no money refunded. Spend more than an hour with them and the bank, but still dont have the refund. Good by Banana.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I have been a die hard fan of BR but the brand has gone completely downhill. The styles for the most part are drab and no longer geared to the professional woman. The fabric is cheap and the fit is horrible. The Sloan pants that were my go to pants have changed and the size is way off and no longer fits my body, no matter what size. If you do find something that is work appropriate it’s close to $100 for a blouse made of poor quality. I am so disappointed and I will no longer be shopping at any BR store.

Original review: June 10, 2020

What an ABSOLUTE waste of my time and energy. A company like this should have out of stock items for online shopping updated as it happens instead of taking my order and keeping me waiting more than 24hrs just to tell me they don't have both items I ordered. They offered 10% off future purchases, but it is absolutely unlikely I will EVER shop with this company online again. Who’s to say the same thing won’t happen time after time? I just wasted 24hrs when I could have been shopping elsewhere. PATHETIC - this is part of their message: "We're sorry, but while processing your order, we found that the item(s) below are no longer available. We value your business and apologize for any inconvenience."

Original review: April 9, 2020

I had a few rewards from previous purchases and a merchandise credit voucher. I was told by a store employee that the rewards are expired, but I can call the company and they will reissue them. He closed my account and reopened a new one so I could buy my items chosen that day. Fast forward...when I called Banana Republic I was told I have lost the rewards and they don’t recognize the merchandise credit (total $130-150). I am disappointed because the company could have made a decision to reissue the rewards and the credit, but chose to do nothing. I just closed my new BR account due to not honoring their rewards and credits within own company. Be aware if you are not using your rewards in a timely matter they will be lost and not reissued as said by employees. They need to get on the same page in regards to passing info to customers.

Original review: March 18, 2020

My husband and I shop at Carolina Premium Outlet location from time to time. Our last visit there was a bit annoying. I noticed older woman at register when we walked in and younger lady on floor, when I asked for dressing room, she opened one that was in plain view of others, I should have asked for another one at the time. But I figured, store is not busy at all, this will do. I tried on 2 Jean skirts. I left skirts in dressing room, hung them neatly. The younger female pushed opened, that I left slightly open, took skirts and approached area I had got them from.

I was speaking to husband and letting him know they didn't fit properly, the Lady from register, was right in my face when I turned around and asked if she could help us find anything. I didn't respond. "Where did you come from and why are you asking?" I thought. I found another (rayon) skirt and went to register, older woman was still at back of store. I waited about one minute and she checked me out. This is not the shopping experience I'm used to having at Banana Republic. I don't know if I will be visiting this location anytime in the future.

Lesa

Original review: March 15, 2020

Went to return an item bought in Michigan at the outlet mall in Windsor. This is a North American Company. They would not accommodate me. Also, to have a different size shipped to the store was a $5 charge. Maurices at the same mall quickly and happily returns U.S. items even providing the relevant U.S. exchange and bends over backwards to help the customer. Not so at Banana. Extremely disappointing from a customer service perspective. I will take my business to Maurices where I am appreciated as a customer!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Banana Republic is a rip off. People who shop there think it's a high quality brand. It is the same brand as the lower end of the part of their company. Old Navy (Gap Inc). They just sew a different label in them in Indonesia.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I used to really like Banana Republic and bought a lot of their clothing but their variety and quality has gone down over the last couple of years and that may be why some of their stores have closed.

Banana Republic Company Information