4.0/5 (406 ratings)

About Banana Republic

Banana Republic sells clothing, jewelry, shoes and accessories for men and women. Banana Republic is available to almost anyone — it has stores in 46 U.S. states and a website that serves customers across the world. Customers with the Banana Republic credit card receive discounts and reward points. Customers can return any item within 45 days of purchase.

Banana Republic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?

Original review: April 25, 2022

Recently I have noticed that unless you call multiple times you will not be issued a refund for your return. They got my return delivered 4 weeks ago. Multiple calls to very polite customer service and still no refund. They are "transferred the issue" to another department. I have their credit card and have been a good client with Luxe status for over a decade. And is the second time this year. Don't waste your time ordering from them. Shop in stores. Feel very disappointed. Shame on them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I ordered a shirt that was too large and returned it via mail. The tracking page told me it could take about 10 days for the refund to be issued. After 10 days I contacted an agent and they told me it could take up to 15 days. After 15 days I contacted customer service again and a different agent said it would take 20 days, "per their return policy". This policy is nowhere on their website, and when I asked why it would take so long, the agent kept copy/pasting "please be advised, per our return policy, your refund could take 15-20 days" and refused to answer my questions. Horrible customer service, and I now need to get my credit card company involved since they keep adding bogus days to the time it takes to issue a refund.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Let me start off by writing that Banana Republic & Gap have the worst customer service and I have FACED IT RECENTLY. They have no idea how to resolve the issues and twice in two weeks customer service has promised that MANAGER will back within 24-48hrs and no one has called. Why would someone give a timeline and not call, IT IS SO RUDE. When you ask to speak to Manager they say one is not available now and will schedule a call back. All customer service does is, "Let me put you on list so they can call you back." They do not honor what they say and just brush it off by saying misinformation was provided.

I cannot understand how can someone just say that misinformation was provided and ignore previous representative words. They just keep you waiting for a long time. I have been a customer for 10 years with BR credit card but regretting about my decision, GAP and BR both forwarded me to each other saying, "This is not our responsibility" and just transfer you over. You are redirected to different people without any result. If I could give negative stars I would, I can go on about the recent few experiences I faced, WORST WORST WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I traveled to Washington DC. I shopped at Banana Republic. The store was crowded and I didn't have much time. I didn't try on the items and a few things did not fit. I called to find out an address I could return the items. The policy is you have to return to the store. That's fine, but Banana Republic does not have any stores within 4 hours of me. If I hold them until I travel again they won't take them. This is policy makes no sense. Stores are closing all the time. I will not purchase their clothing on vacation anymore. I also signed up for their rental program Style Passport. It is the worst. Once you get on it the clothes look nothing like the website. I don't know where they get the cloths for this thing but the style and quality are really bad. Total waste of money! I won't be shopping here or their other companies anymore.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

On November 8th, 2020 I placed an order for this cape. It stated online it would ship around the 27th of the month. Also, it was on sale when the order was placed. November 27th came and went. On December 24th received an email stating my order was cancelled. I go on the website January 2, 2021 to find the cape was being offered at full price and already sold out. I confused because how could orders not be fulfilled on an item that is being offered in a previous month. So disappointed because I purchase a lot of my pieces from here. The customer service has really went down.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Very, very bad experience. Never in my life will buy from Banana again. They should learn from Amazon service. I returned the package for refund. Called, was told twice that money was refunded to my credit card. Also received an email that money will be refunded within 10 days. A month later, no money refunded. Spend more than an hour with them and the bank, but still dont have the refund. Good by Banana.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I have been a die hard fan of BR but the brand has gone completely downhill. The styles for the most part are drab and no longer geared to the professional woman. The fabric is cheap and the fit is horrible. The Sloan pants that were my go to pants have changed and the size is way off and no longer fits my body, no matter what size. If you do find something that is work appropriate it’s close to $100 for a blouse made of poor quality. I am so disappointed and I will no longer be shopping at any BR store.

Original review: June 10, 2020

What an ABSOLUTE waste of my time and energy. A company like this should have out of stock items for online shopping updated as it happens instead of taking my order and keeping me waiting more than 24hrs just to tell me they don't have both items I ordered. They offered 10% off future purchases, but it is absolutely unlikely I will EVER shop with this company online again. Who’s to say the same thing won’t happen time after time? I just wasted 24hrs when I could have been shopping elsewhere. PATHETIC - this is part of their message: "We're sorry, but while processing your order, we found that the item(s) below are no longer available. We value your business and apologize for any inconvenience."

Original review: April 9, 2020

I had a few rewards from previous purchases and a merchandise credit voucher. I was told by a store employee that the rewards are expired, but I can call the company and they will reissue them. He closed my account and reopened a new one so I could buy my items chosen that day. Fast forward...when I called Banana Republic I was told I have lost the rewards and they don’t recognize the merchandise credit (total $130-150). I am disappointed because the company could have made a decision to reissue the rewards and the credit, but chose to do nothing. I just closed my new BR account due to not honoring their rewards and credits within own company. Be aware if you are not using your rewards in a timely matter they will be lost and not reissued as said by employees. They need to get on the same page in regards to passing info to customers.

Original review: March 18, 2020

My husband and I shop at Carolina Premium Outlet location from time to time. Our last visit there was a bit annoying. I noticed older woman at register when we walked in and younger lady on floor, when I asked for dressing room, she opened one that was in plain view of others, I should have asked for another one at the time. But I figured, store is not busy at all, this will do. I tried on 2 Jean skirts. I left skirts in dressing room, hung them neatly. The younger female pushed opened, that I left slightly open, took skirts and approached area I had got them from.

I was speaking to husband and letting him know they didn't fit properly, the Lady from register, was right in my face when I turned around and asked if she could help us find anything. I didn't respond. "Where did you come from and why are you asking?" I thought. I found another (rayon) skirt and went to register, older woman was still at back of store. I waited about one minute and she checked me out. This is not the shopping experience I'm used to having at Banana Republic. I don't know if I will be visiting this location anytime in the future.

Lesa