3.9/5 (229 ratings)

About Banana Republic

Banana Republic sells clothing, jewelry, shoes and accessories for men and women. Banana Republic is available to almost anyone — it has stores in 46 U.S. states and a website that serves customers across the world. Customers with the Banana Republic credit card receive discounts and reward points. Customers can return any item within 45 days of purchase.

Banana Republic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banana Republic?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Placed an order and realized it was not the fit I wanted. I tried to cancel and they refuse to cancel my order after 1 hour of placing. Definitely won't buy from them again. Spoke to Shannon ** and rudely laughed and when I asked to speak to someone else she hung up.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Purchased a brand new utility jacket that was to be mailed out to me. I was not given a receipt nor was I informed of a new exchange policy that occurred days before. When I had to exchange it, I was not allowed to because of a few days difference despite that they had record of my purchase. Apparently the package it arrived in was the receipt. Called customer service and even contacted BBB. They simply did not care. Jacket is brand new with tags, unworn, it didn’t fit. Having been a loyal customer of 20 years I was greatly disappointed. I froze my credit cards and will definitely take my business elsewhere, it’s apparent they just don’t care.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I placed an order for items. Received notice 3 had shipped and one scheduled for later shipment. First, I received notice my order had been delivered. I was at home, and it was not delivered. I called BR customer service. The person with whom I spoke could not understand me nor I her. I told her my package had not been received. She kept saying, "So, you received your package?" After a few times of this, she put me on hold and told me to wait until tomorrow and call back if not received. I asked what time should I call. She responded, "Yes, call tomorrow." I gave up after each of us had said the same thing 4 times. In checking on all this I noticed the delayed item had been canceled. When I asked why I had not been notified of it not being available. She responded, "Yes, the item is not available." Once again, I gave up after we each repeated this interchange 4 times.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Banana Republic is now using Lasership to ship packages and the experience is beyond frustrating. My expectation is not of next day or even 2 day delivery, but Lasership has the most random updates on their tracking and in general, packages will have no status updates for days. You can do better than this.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Recently I have noticed that unless you call multiple times you will not be issued a refund for your return. They got my return delivered 4 weeks ago. Multiple calls to very polite customer service and still no refund. They are "transferred the issue" to another department. I have their credit card and have been a good client with Luxe status for over a decade. And is the second time this year. Don't waste your time ordering from them. Shop in stores. Feel very disappointed. Shame on them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I ordered a shirt that was too large and returned it via mail. The tracking page told me it could take about 10 days for the refund to be issued. After 10 days I contacted an agent and they told me it could take up to 15 days. After 15 days I contacted customer service again and a different agent said it would take 20 days, "per their return policy". This policy is nowhere on their website, and when I asked why it would take so long, the agent kept copy/pasting "please be advised, per our return policy, your refund could take 15-20 days" and refused to answer my questions. Horrible customer service, and I now need to get my credit card company involved since they keep adding bogus days to the time it takes to issue a refund.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Let me start off by writing that Banana Republic & Gap have the worst customer service and I have FACED IT RECENTLY. They have no idea how to resolve the issues and twice in two weeks customer service has promised that MANAGER will back within 24-48hrs and no one has called. Why would someone give a timeline and not call, IT IS SO RUDE. When you ask to speak to Manager they say one is not available now and will schedule a call back. All customer service does is, "Let me put you on list so they can call you back." They do not honor what they say and just brush it off by saying misinformation was provided.

I cannot understand how can someone just say that misinformation was provided and ignore previous representative words. They just keep you waiting for a long time. I have been a customer for 10 years with BR credit card but regretting about my decision, GAP and BR both forwarded me to each other saying, "This is not our responsibility" and just transfer you over. You are redirected to different people without any result. If I could give negative stars I would, I can go on about the recent few experiences I faced, WORST WORST WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I traveled to Washington DC. I shopped at Banana Republic. The store was crowded and I didn't have much time. I didn't try on the items and a few things did not fit. I called to find out an address I could return the items. The policy is you have to return to the store. That's fine, but Banana Republic does not have any stores within 4 hours of me. If I hold them until I travel again they won't take them. This is policy makes no sense. Stores are closing all the time. I will not purchase their clothing on vacation anymore. I also signed up for their rental program Style Passport. It is the worst. Once you get on it the clothes look nothing like the website. I don't know where they get the cloths for this thing but the style and quality are really bad. Total waste of money! I won't be shopping here or their other companies anymore.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

On November 8th, 2020 I placed an order for this cape. It stated online it would ship around the 27th of the month. Also, it was on sale when the order was placed. November 27th came and went. On December 24th received an email stating my order was cancelled. I go on the website January 2, 2021 to find the cape was being offered at full price and already sold out. I confused because how could orders not be fulfilled on an item that is being offered in a previous month. So disappointed because I purchase a lot of my pieces from here. The customer service has really went down.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Very, very bad experience. Never in my life will buy from Banana again. They should learn from Amazon service. I returned the package for refund. Called, was told twice that money was refunded to my credit card. Also received an email that money will be refunded within 10 days. A month later, no money refunded. Spend more than an hour with them and the bank, but still dont have the refund. Good by Banana.

Banana Republic Company Information