1.31/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

American Eagle Outfitters

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

American Eagle Outfitters Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

At the store in Hurst, TX, the largest size available was 36/34. However, many of the display signs show plus size young men and women. Why can't this store serve people of various sizes? We have bought larger sizes in this same store in the past. There is a sign that says larger sizes are available online. Having to order online limits our opportunity to try on the jeans to determine which size is needed and whether we like the jeans. It delays our purchase, and is overall not convenient. I'm really disappointed. This used to be our favorite place to buy jeans.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

A few months ago I got a message: “Sorry, there's been an unexpected error on our end. Please try again in a few minutes or contact customer support at 1 (888) 232-4535 or Live Chat.” So I waited a bit and tried again. Didn’t work and then I called and they said it should go away and I placed my order on the phone and yet again it happened when I tried to make another order.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

American Eagle has to be the worst place to order from online. They ship your order from all these distribution centers piece by piece. I was supposed to get 2 pairs of jeans but they sent me a sports bra. I called customer service and the rep I spoke to said he had processed me a refund and hung up. When I didn’t get a confirmation email I called back and the next rep told me the prior rep didn’t process a refund because there is no way he could because it still showed another item that hadn’t been shipped.

I told her to just cancel it and send me a refund for my order because I would rather just go in the store because ordering online from them is a hassle. She said even though it hasn’t shipped yet they have no way of cancelling the order so I have to wait until the item ships to receive a refund. I recommend just going in the store and not ordering anything online from AE because it’s not a smooth process. Amazon has online ordering figured out, AE needs to figure it out!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I mailed my returned package back in June and it was received by their returning department in 6/18/2019. One month later I realized that I never received any refund so I contacted their customer service, they told me that the refund will be issued within 3-5 days. I have waited several weeks since then but never received any refund nor responses from their department and it is now August. I will contact their office again and then I need to tell my bank to dispute the charges if the issue is not solved. Buyers be aware, always always keep your tracking number if you're returning something, I'm glad I did.

Original review: July 7, 2019

BEWARE OF THE COMPANY THAT DOESN'T FEEL THE NEED TO RECOVER FROM THEIR MISTAKE. I placed an order online. When I hit submit, I got a message that something went wrong with the site. I didn’t receive a confirmation number. We placed the order again. Later on, I received two emails for my TWO orders. I called to cancel and gave them the confirmation number from the first email (we had actually chosen to express ship the order). I was told that I couldn’t cancel because I had placed the order over an hour ago and it was express shipping. I said “ok, cancel the second order, we didn’t pay to express ship it".

She put me on hold and then said that I couldn’t cancel that one either because the order had been placed more than one hour ago. I asked to speak to a manager. She told me that he was just going to tell me the same thing. She placed me on hold, and no manager ever got back on the phone. I live more than an hour away and now have to waste gas and time to correct their mistake. As a side note, I took the survey. No one ever reached out to me to talk about the experience, bad company, bad policy, bad service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Eagle Outfitters?

Original review: June 1, 2019

Tried twice to place an order for a e-gift card using PayPal. Each time AE cancelled. I use PP all the time. It is NOT my account!! Contact with customer service takes 20 mins. And they can only tell me what I already know. Staff needs some authority! This happened in 2017, 2018, and now 2019. I have learned my lesson!

Original review: May 27, 2019

I had my jeans for 4 days. They now have a LARGE hole in the crotch. I contacted AE (4 times) and they eventually said return them to us. I live in Australia and the cost to send them will be more than the cost of the jeans. I sent photos, I sent emails. They keep saying send them back. I will not buy another item of clothing from AE ever again.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I had barely owned these jeans for 2 months. When they started to rip alongside the right back pocket I patched it up, and only wore them when I needed to. However, each time I wore them they seemed to rip even more. FYI, I had the relaxed fit straight leg model, so not snug fitting at all. I have NEVER owned a pair jeans that have ripped so easily. I bought these because I had friends and coworkers who loved their AE jeans. I won't buy another, that's for sure! Waste of money. Avoid like the plague!

Original review: March 28, 2019

Please do not shop here!!! Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I ordered $380 worth of clothing 2 weeks ago. Received 4 items in 2 shipments, and am missing 9 other items valued at $300. The last delivery was not made, although it says it was. I have never had packages stolen or anything like that. I called and emailed their customer service and they said “Thank you for contacting American Eagle. Unfortunately due to the order history at this address, we are not able to issue a refund for missing items or packages. You may want to reach out to the carrier for further delivery information or to file a claim. For future orders, we recommend considering an alternate shipping address to ensure your package is successfully received.”

Isn’t that nice? So they won’t even bother to put an investigation into THEIR carrier to see what happened in delivery. I made a claim to Canada Post as well and am waiting for a response for them as well. You would think after I have spent so much money here they would have just replaced or refunded my order - instead of losing a customer altogether. Their customer service people are extremely rude, indifferent and blatantly ignorant. I wish blasting them over social media would be helpful but it’s not, there is nothing I can do. I will never be shopping here again.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have had my blue AE jeans for a least three months. Until they started ripping. First it ripped on my right knee and I was okay with this because it is the apparent fashion now. Then it ripped on my left and this is fine as long it doesn’t rip more. Until today I was walking up the stairs, in my home luckily, and I now have a three inch rip just under the right back pocket. Definitely not cool.

American Eagle Outfitters Company Information