2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

American Eagle Outfitters Reviews

Original review: March 22, 2020

I had parts of a few orders that were delivered the same day. I didn’t get them. AE said, "Too bad we won’t refund you." According to the shipping company (AE refuses to contact them so I did) they were most likely stolen and to file a claim with the company that sent them. I also worked out a better option for future deliveries in case I’m not home. I sent a copy of my email conversations with the shipping company to AE. I finally got Told they would refund the items, but I only got refunds for 3/5 items. I was also promised a discount for the hassle and did not get it. They now don’t respond to my emails. I’m sad because I love the products. I’m using my reward and then I’m done with them. Just such a horrible experience. I do not recommend buying online from them AT ALL.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I placed an order online. My card was charged (or authorized at least) for the order and I received an e-mail confirmation. After almost a week when I didn't get a shipment notification, I went into the order on AE.com and the status was just "Preparing shipment; Not shipped yet". Since it had been a while, I started an online chat with customer service to check status. They said they canceled the order. I asked why and she said she didn't know but I could try to reorder it. I asked why I wasn't notified in any form.. e-mail, phone call.. anything; nor did it even show any issues when I looked at the order on their website. She just said "Sorry" with no resolution or explanation of how that happened. I would not order from them again. I assume they ran out of stock, but couldn't manage to advise me of that at any point and just cancelled the order. They can't manage to even do the bare minimum for their customers.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Clothes are very well made but on the pricey side. But clothes will last a very long time. Jeans are durable, true to size and come in a variety of sizes and lengths. All clothes are easy to care for... wash and wear. Highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

At the store in Hurst, TX, the largest size available was 36/34. However, many of the display signs show plus size young men and women. Why can't this store serve people of various sizes? We have bought larger sizes in this same store in the past. There is a sign that says larger sizes are available online. Having to order online limits our opportunity to try on the jeans to determine which size is needed and whether we like the jeans. It delays our purchase, and is overall not convenient. I'm really disappointed. This used to be our favorite place to buy jeans.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

A few months ago I got a message: “Sorry, there's been an unexpected error on our end. Please try again in a few minutes or contact customer support at 1 (888) 232-4535 or Live Chat.” So I waited a bit and tried again. Didn’t work and then I called and they said it should go away and I placed my order on the phone and yet again it happened when I tried to make another order.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Eagle Outfitters?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

American Eagle has to be the worst place to order from online. They ship your order from all these distribution centers piece by piece. I was supposed to get 2 pairs of jeans but they sent me a sports bra. I called customer service and the rep I spoke to said he had processed me a refund and hung up. When I didn’t get a confirmation email I called back and the next rep told me the prior rep didn’t process a refund because there is no way he could because it still showed another item that hadn’t been shipped.

I told her to just cancel it and send me a refund for my order because I would rather just go in the store because ordering online from them is a hassle. She said even though it hasn’t shipped yet they have no way of cancelling the order so I have to wait until the item ships to receive a refund. I recommend just going in the store and not ordering anything online from AE because it’s not a smooth process. Amazon has online ordering figured out, AE needs to figure it out!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I mailed my returned package back in June and it was received by their returning department in 6/18/2019. One month later I realized that I never received any refund so I contacted their customer service, they told me that the refund will be issued within 3-5 days. I have waited several weeks since then but never received any refund nor responses from their department and it is now August. I will contact their office again and then I need to tell my bank to dispute the charges if the issue is not solved. Buyers be aware, always always keep your tracking number if you're returning something, I'm glad I did.

Original review: July 7, 2019

BEWARE OF THE COMPANY THAT DOESN'T FEEL THE NEED TO RECOVER FROM THEIR MISTAKE. I placed an order online. When I hit submit, I got a message that something went wrong with the site. I didn’t receive a confirmation number. We placed the order again. Later on, I received two emails for my TWO orders. I called to cancel and gave them the confirmation number from the first email (we had actually chosen to express ship the order). I was told that I couldn’t cancel because I had placed the order over an hour ago and it was express shipping. I said “ok, cancel the second order, we didn’t pay to express ship it".

She put me on hold and then said that I couldn’t cancel that one either because the order had been placed more than one hour ago. I asked to speak to a manager. She told me that he was just going to tell me the same thing. She placed me on hold, and no manager ever got back on the phone. I live more than an hour away and now have to waste gas and time to correct their mistake. As a side note, I took the survey. No one ever reached out to me to talk about the experience, bad company, bad policy, bad service.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Tried twice to place an order for a e-gift card using PayPal. Each time AE cancelled. I use PP all the time. It is NOT my account!! Contact with customer service takes 20 mins. And they can only tell me what I already know. Staff needs some authority! This happened in 2017, 2018, and now 2019. I have learned my lesson!

Original review: May 27, 2019

I had my jeans for 4 days. They now have a LARGE hole in the crotch. I contacted AE (4 times) and they eventually said return them to us. I live in Australia and the cost to send them will be more than the cost of the jeans. I sent photos, I sent emails. They keep saying send them back. I will not buy another item of clothing from AE ever again.

American Eagle Outfitters Company Information