American Eagle Outfitters

• 0%
  • 8%
  • 64%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Eagle Outfitters?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Eagle Outfitters?

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

I returned some American Eagle jeans without being washed or used in any way and requested a refund to my original method of payment. Once they received my return, they refunded a used amount of money from a promo ($14)...so they have my information and are able to refund my money. However, they placed my money onto a store gift card. I have requested and demanded a return of my money at least ten times and they continue to refuse! They stole over $50 from me. Buyer beware!!!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2024

Customer service at this company is deplorable. I just got done chatting with one of their customer service reps that was clearly unable to help me and instead of getting help, she decided to just become rude, disrespectful and kept asking me to verify who I was even though I did several times. Honestly unbelievable. I will never be purchasing from this company again.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2023

Terrible experience today at store #02236 with store manager Louis around 3pm. I felt ambushed by the (4+) associates to be asked if I needed assistance from the moment I walked in. I picked up 3 sweatpants and 3 sweaters and proceeded to the check line. I was 3rd in line and was approached by Louis asking if he can take my clothes to fold for the cashier to get the line moving along. I gave him the clothes and was called to check out. I explained my experience to the cashier and she was extremely apologetic.

She put me at ease, (trans #**) however, seconds later Louis approached the register stating he's the store manager and advised her not to apologize to me (unprofessionalism at its highest). I paid and on my way out the door I can hear him still telling her there's no need to apologize. Therefore, I decided to return my items (Trans #**) because why I'm giving my business to someone that's treating me in a terrible manner (racial profiled). Louis proceeded to say he been with the franchise for 5yrs and he stands by his associates not being apologetic (terrible customer service). Louis doesn't deserve to be a manager to conduct customers in such a poor manner. It is tasteless to say the least. I would take my money elsewhere this holiday season.

Symore

So them being nice made you feel "ambushed" and when you complained about them being nice the manager backed up the staff, which made you feel some sort of way? Yeah, that is on you bud.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2023

Their shipping is the worst! You pay for items you never get. You would think they would have it together being American eagle and all but they don’t! Not at all. I placed an order. They said it was delivered. Never got it. I’ve placed two more orders since and still have yet to get them!

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2023

I ordered 6 pairs of jeans on Sept 21, 2023. It is now October 10th, and they still haven’t arrived despite a follow up call 2 weeks ago to find out why I had not received my order when stated. In the meantime, I have a credit card bill that I have to pay for a product I never received. AE should be investigated for consumer fraud.

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2023

Shipping is horrible. I ordered from AE, Fashion Nova and Shein the same day. AE was the first order I placed and the only order I paid $15 for expedited shipping for. My orders from the other to stores were delivered today. AE has still not even shipped my order yet and today is the day it was expected to be delivered. I only ordered one pair of shorts from AE, ordered multiple items for the other stores. How long does it take to ship one item?

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

You would expect a big chain such as American Eagle would provide good shipping services, but they are terrible. They cancel orders without notifying you and neither providing an explanation. If they do ever ship, it’s very late after estimated date and incomplete orders. Of retail chains I believe they are the worst.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

Horrible shipping! Shipping company lost my items twice, but "accidentally" closed out both items saying they had been delivered. (Confirmed via a call to the shipping company). AE refuses to refund my second order saying they already provided a refund once. No one in Customer Service can help. Horrible service. I will never order from them again.

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2022

This company and their stores are a disgrace. No wonder why they are closing stores, they are rude, unprofessional and rip offs, I ordered from them. Order was missing item. Wouldn't resend or refund. Run.

Reliability

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2022

Daughter’s pants pilled up. AE requires receipt to return/exchange defective merchandise. Manager in customer service said I should save my AE receipts because defective merchandise happens. Not buying from them again. A huge inconvenience when it was AE’s fault for selling bad merchandise.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2021

I bought 2 pairs of jeans. They didn't fit well. I had to PAY to ship them back (because the store near me closed without warning). I shipped them 12/29/2020. They didn't arrive till 1/8/21. When I asked when I would received the credit to my card they said it will be over a month. A MONTH!! This place is awful. I could understand if I didn't pay to return them, but I PAID and now I have disputed with my credit card company. Don't buy from this company.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2020

I ordered a gift card Christmas Eve to be sent via text that day. The recipient still has not received the notification as of Dec 30th. I have called them three times to rectify the situation and nothing has been done. This has happened to my daughter as well, the recipient was not notified and we could not get our money back! Do not order gift cards from this company!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2020

I placed an order from American Eagle online for Christmas gifts. I ordered early in November to guarantee I'd get them in time. I ordered 3 items. When it was shipped it was split up into to shipments. I got part of my shipment quickly. The other parcel showed it arrived at the Canadian border. It was scanned but it never provided any tracking info. I never received my parcel. I did get a refund. I reordered but one of the items was now unavailable. Disappointing. Now the same thing has happened again. It gets delivered to Mississauga, ON - scanned. Then after that no tracking info. No delivery of my parcel. I've ordered online for many years and from all over the world. I've never had a parcel not be delivered. Until now and from the same company twice. Is it the company's error. Not labeling correctly? Or the delivery service. Just odd. And irritating. So now I can't even reorder because the item is no longer available. And where are those two parcels?

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2020

Order was placed on Dec 2nd, never got to USPS, was stuck at pre-shipment. Contacted them multiple times to why hasn't it ship and was told to wait 24-48hrs it will be handled. Today when I contact them again, I was finally refunded but was told to use a different address and they are not able to refund further non-received packages, hinting it was my fault it didn't arrive when the package never got to USPS. The customer rep Darius disconnected me when I asked about the $15 rewards I used. 2nd representative Autumn also disconnected when it became difficult for them to answer. I guess this is the new American Eagle. I had taken screenshots of the chat, too bad I can't seem to attach pics on here. Overall, AE was great, not so much now.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2020

I ordered a pair of jeans for my niece's birthday on August 24 with expedited shipping so I could have them for her when we celebrated. The site indicated that the jeans would arrive on August 26th. By August 26th, the label with UPS had been created, and had not moved. I gave it until the 28th to see what was going on, assuming there had been some sort of delay. The customer service person on live chat said that she couldn't tell me where the package was coming from, and that I should wait until Monday. My expedited shipping cost was refunded. I waited until Wednesday, and was again told to wait by two different customer service representatives.

Today, after chatting with customer service for a fourth time, I was given a reference number and told to call customer service to replace the order. When I did so, I was told that the jeans were no longer in stock. I have to wonder if the jeans were not in stock and that the site had not been updated to reflect that. I would have been a lot more understanding if American Eagle had emailed me to tell me that they were out of stock of the jeans my niece wanted. Instead, I am a very dissatisfied customer and will have a very disappointed niece.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 23, 2020

My first time online shopping, among other companies on the same day, was with American Eagle. Unlike those others (I have reviewed here elsewhere) I found AE to be a completely different experience altogether. AE kept me informed at every stage, delivered when promised albeit with three different packages, I guess coming from different locations, but at least I knew what was going on at all times and they arrived on time. The jeans are absolutely fantastic, better than I expected, I got four pairs, and the shirts are beautiful too.

Given my nightmare with ON and BR (work it out) and the two day delivery I paid for, I am still waiting 13 days later for those that WERE in stock even to be picked up from ON by UPS. After 7 emails and a tweet, I get a generic response about Covid delays. Unacceptable; you shouldn't be charging expedited costs if you can't follow through; every other order I made on the same day did, also coming from Eastern Canada and the States to Vancouver. I would highly recommend AE, even if I won't be online shopping ever again. They were great; and I will most definitely be shopping with them downtown in person when things are more normal.

Sales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed June 18, 2020

I shopped at AEO in person, collecting points on my account. This allowed me to get free jeans and bras regularly (purchase 5 get 1 free). Not to mention their constant BOGO offers. Online, because I had spent enough money there I got extra access. Allowing me to shop online with free shipping. This also gave me access to even more sales online. Products arrived shortly even during the pandemic, which I cant say for other companies.

They also have helpful reviews on the app to help you get the best fit for your height and weight. Would definitely recommend becoming a member and getting the app because there are many more rewards not mentioned here. Haven’t needed to return anything so I can’t say much on that front. Would definitely recommend shopping online and in person!

Reviewed March 22, 2020

I had parts of a few orders that were delivered the same day. I didn’t get them. AE said, "Too bad we won’t refund you." According to the shipping company (AE refuses to contact them so I did) they were most likely stolen and to file a claim with the company that sent them. I also worked out a better option for future deliveries in case I’m not home. I sent a copy of my email conversations with the shipping company to AE. I finally got Told they would refund the items, but I only got refunds for 3/5 items. I was also promised a discount for the hassle and did not get it. They now don’t respond to my emails. I’m sad because I love the products. I’m using my reward and then I’m done with them. Just such a horrible experience. I do not recommend buying online from them AT ALL.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2019

I placed an order online. My card was charged (or authorized at least) for the order and I received an e-mail confirmation. After almost a week when I didn't get a shipment notification, I went into the order on AE.com and the status was just "Preparing shipment; Not shipped yet". Since it had been a while, I started an online chat with customer service to check status. They said they canceled the order. I asked why and she said she didn't know but I could try to reorder it. I asked why I wasn't notified in any form.. e-mail, phone call.. anything; nor did it even show any issues when I looked at the order on their website. She just said "Sorry" with no resolution or explanation of how that happened. I would not order from them again. I assume they ran out of stock, but couldn't manage to advise me of that at any point and just cancelled the order. They can't manage to even do the bare minimum for their customers.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2019

Clothes are very well made but on the pricey side. But clothes will last a very long time. Jeans are durable, true to size and come in a variety of sizes and lengths. All clothes are easy to care for... wash and wear. Highly recommend.

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2019

At the store in Hurst, TX, the largest size available was 36/34. However, many of the display signs show plus size young men and women. Why can't this store serve people of various sizes? We have bought larger sizes in this same store in the past. There is a sign that says larger sizes are available online. Having to order online limits our opportunity to try on the jeans to determine which size is needed and whether we like the jeans. It delays our purchase, and is overall not convenient. I'm really disappointed. This used to be our favorite place to buy jeans.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2019

A few months ago I got a message: “Sorry, there's been an unexpected error on our end. Please try again in a few minutes or contact customer support at 1 (888) 232-4535 or Live Chat.” So I waited a bit and tried again. Didn’t work and then I called and they said it should go away and I placed my order on the phone and yet again it happened when I tried to make another order.

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2019

American Eagle has to be the worst place to order from online. They ship your order from all these distribution centers piece by piece. I was supposed to get 2 pairs of jeans but they sent me a sports bra. I called customer service and the rep I spoke to said he had processed me a refund and hung up. When I didn’t get a confirmation email I called back and the next rep told me the prior rep didn’t process a refund because there is no way he could because it still showed another item that hadn’t been shipped.

I told her to just cancel it and send me a refund for my order because I would rather just go in the store because ordering online from them is a hassle. She said even though it hasn’t shipped yet they have no way of cancelling the order so I have to wait until the item ships to receive a refund. I recommend just going in the store and not ordering anything online from AE because it’s not a smooth process. Amazon has online ordering figured out, AE needs to figure it out!!

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2019

I mailed my returned package back in June and it was received by their returning department in 6/18/2019. One month later I realized that I never received any refund so I contacted their customer service, they told me that the refund will be issued within 3-5 days. I have waited several weeks since then but never received any refund nor responses from their department and it is now August. I will contact their office again and then I need to tell my bank to dispute the charges if the issue is not solved. Buyers be aware, always always keep your tracking number if you're returning something, I'm glad I did.

Reviewed July 7, 2019

BEWARE OF THE COMPANY THAT DOESN'T FEEL THE NEED TO RECOVER FROM THEIR MISTAKE. I placed an order online. When I hit submit, I got a message that something went wrong with the site. I didn’t receive a confirmation number. We placed the order again. Later on, I received two emails for my TWO orders. I called to cancel and gave them the confirmation number from the first email (we had actually chosen to express ship the order). I was told that I couldn’t cancel because I had placed the order over an hour ago and it was express shipping. I said “ok, cancel the second order, we didn’t pay to express ship it".

She put me on hold and then said that I couldn’t cancel that one either because the order had been placed more than one hour ago. I asked to speak to a manager. She told me that he was just going to tell me the same thing. She placed me on hold, and no manager ever got back on the phone. I live more than an hour away and now have to waste gas and time to correct their mistake. As a side note, I took the survey. No one ever reached out to me to talk about the experience, bad company, bad policy, bad service.

Reviewed June 1, 2019

Tried twice to place an order for a e-gift card using PayPal. Each time AE cancelled. I use PP all the time. It is NOT my account!! Contact with customer service takes 20 mins. And they can only tell me what I already know. Staff needs some authority! This happened in 2017, 2018, and now 2019. I have learned my lesson!

Price

Reviewed May 27, 2019

I had my jeans for 4 days. They now have a LARGE hole in the crotch. I contacted AE (4 times) and they eventually said return them to us. I live in Australia and the cost to send them will be more than the cost of the jeans. I sent photos, I sent emails. They keep saying send them back. I will not buy another item of clothing from AE ever again.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

I had barely owned these jeans for 2 months. When they started to rip alongside the right back pocket I patched it up, and only wore them when I needed to. However, each time I wore them they seemed to rip even more. FYI, I had the relaxed fit straight leg model, so not snug fitting at all. I have NEVER owned a pair jeans that have ripped so easily. I bought these because I had friends and coworkers who loved their AE jeans. I won't buy another, that's for sure! Waste of money. Avoid like the plague!

Reviewed March 28, 2019

Please do not shop here!!! Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I ordered $380 worth of clothing 2 weeks ago. Received 4 items in 2 shipments, and am missing 9 other items valued at $300. The last delivery was not made, although it says it was. I have never had packages stolen or anything like that. I called and emailed their customer service and they said “Thank you for contacting American Eagle. Unfortunately due to the order history at this address, we are not able to issue a refund for missing items or packages. You may want to reach out to the carrier for further delivery information or to file a claim. For future orders, we recommend considering an alternate shipping address to ensure your package is successfully received.”

Isn’t that nice? So they won’t even bother to put an investigation into THEIR carrier to see what happened in delivery. I made a claim to Canada Post as well and am waiting for a response for them as well. You would think after I have spent so much money here they would have just replaced or refunded my order - instead of losing a customer altogether. Their customer service people are extremely rude, indifferent and blatantly ignorant. I wish blasting them over social media would be helpful but it’s not, there is nothing I can do. I will never be shopping here again.

Reviewed March 24, 2019

I have had my blue AE jeans for a least three months. Until they started ripping. First it ripped on my right knee and I was okay with this because it is the apparent fashion now. Then it ripped on my left and this is fine as long it doesn’t rip more. Until today I was walking up the stairs, in my home luckily, and I now have a three inch rip just under the right back pocket. Definitely not cool.

American Eagle Outfitters Company Information