1.2/5 (159 ratings)

About AAFES

AAFES Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAFES?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAFES?

Original review: May 10, 2022

Fragile pak is the worst company on the planet!! AAFES should be ashamed about using such a terrible shipping company. They have had my chair for more than a month. They will only deliver 1 day a week, and I am always at work. When I call, I get rude people who cannot help and when I talk to a manager, they cannot help either.

Original review: March 10, 2022

On 8 Feb 22, I ordered a mattress and a support frame on shopmyexchange.com to be picked up from the Main Px at Fort Myer. A week later the status of the order went from processing to “sent to fulfiller”. Two weeks later it hadn’t changed. I contacted AAFES and was told it was being delivered by Fragilepak and was given a tracking number and that I would have to arrange delivery. Why am I arranging delivery for an item going to the store???

I went to their website and checked on it. It said delivery could not be scheduled at this time. I tried calling them but the automated response wanted the tracking number. Tracking number has letters in it which cannot be entered. So I called again and went straight for a representative. I got in the queue and an hour later I was still waiting. Finally got disconnected. I sent a message to Fragilepak, and it took two weeks to get a response. Basically my items are in a warehouse but they cannot deliver them at this time. This was the email.

“Hello,

We apologize for the delay in our response to this email. We are experiencing higher than normal email and call volumes.

We are working on setting the delivery schedule. There are no delivery dates available at this time, but we should have an update in the next 24-48 hours. We will notify you as soon as there are more dates available to schedule.”

I went and checked reviews and this is an ongoing issue with AAFES, they contracted Fragilepak who takes forever to deliver. How do you contract a freight company who has nothing but negative reviews? I am still waiting for delivery TO THE STORE!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Terrible company to work with if you have any problems. As of September 17, 2020, my balance was approximately $1500. I then had a heart attack and triple Bypass Surgery. This really knocked me un my butt for about 8 months and I basically ignored many of my bills, but all the other companies were willing to work with me...but NOT AAFES! They sent me a letter threatening me with garnishing my Social Security Retirement payments unless I immediately contacted them...WHICH I DID!

I called the 800 number and set up an automatic payment plan of $75/month to be directly deducted from my checking account. I asked repeatedly if this arrangement would satisfy them and was told it would. They did take two payments out over two months and then they started to deduct $300 every month from my SS payments! I called the collections company and they said to call AAFES who (of course) told me to call the collections company! Stay away from these clowns! If you have a disaster in your life, they will screw you over to get their money out of you no matter how willing you are to make an arrangement! I truly wish I had never heard of AAFES...As a Vietnam War Era Veteran, they have really ruined my life!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

AAFES dishonestly hides negative reviews. I ordered sofa & 2 recliners. They were infested with bed bugs. I returned it & was only credited for 1 recliner. Had to contact them multiple times. Not only do I not have the furniture I wanted, I had to deal with a lot of extra anxiety & expense w/no help or compensation from AAFES customer service. On top of all that, the color looks nothing like the picture.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I am stationed overseas, in Germany. I used the Exchange website to find some furniture because the options available in the store was lacking. Placed an order 45 days ago for furniture and the site never gave me an idea of how long it would take to ship to the store. I checked with the agent in the store who works "ship to store" orders, she said "what did you order?" "Furniture", "Oh that'll be 3-4 months." Wish I'd known that upfront, I wouldn't have ordered from the exchange. If you live overseas, don't order anything through the exchange!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

08-26-2021 – Placed order on Shopmyexchange.com for a treadmill. 09-03 – Received e-mail from Shopmyexchange.com claiming that my item had shipped. Tracking # ** and a link to FragilePAK was provided. 09-10 – I tried to use the tracking number on FragilePAK’s tracking tool but received an error that the tracking number was invalid. Assumed that the information hadn’t been uploaded to the system yet so I should give them more time.

09-17 – 2 weeks after shipment confirmation e-mail. Item still not received. Tracking number still not working on the tracking website, stating that the number is invalid. Call Shopmyexchange (800-527-2345). I am told that I will need to contact FragilePAK to ask where the item is. I call FragilePAK and they say the tracking number provided is invalid and they have no record of our order. I call Shopmyexchange and speak with a manager who confirms the tracking number is not correct and they aren’t sure why I was given it in the first place. They put in a ticket for a correct tracking number. I am told that within 3 days I will receive an e-mail once they assign a corrected tracking number.

09-23 – Zero communication from Shopmyexchange. I call again to ask for an update on my ticket. They say the ticket has been closed and the issue is resolved. I am baffled. I ask how the issue is resolved if no one has contacted me with a correct tracking number. They said they don’t know. I ask if they have a new tracking number. They do not. I ask if they can confirm where my order is. They said they don’t know. At this point I am very frustrated and ask to speak to a manager. The manager does not have any other information. I say that it has now been 3 weeks since the shipment confirmation, a month after ordering, and no one knows where my order is or what’s going on with it, so all I can do at this point is assume it has been lost. The manager doesn’t have anything to say. I say that at this point I would like a full refund since I never received the item and no one seems to know anything about it. The manager says he will put in a ticket to cancel the order and I should have the refund within 3-5 business days.

10-01 – Zero communication from Shopmyexchange. No refund posted on my bank account. I call Shopmyexchange and the worker says she does not see a ticket to cancel the order and the order has been shipped. I say that is incorrect, the item has been lost, we never received it, and 6 business days ago a manager told me the item was being cancelled and a refund should be issued to us within 3-5 business days.

We are now on business day 6 with no refund. The staff said she is unable to see any of this information on our account. I get upset and ask for a manager. The staff comes back and says that the manager said that because the item has already been shipped, if we request a refund now that we will be charged an item restock fee. I told her this is incorrect, the manager from 6 business days ago already told us it would be cancelled and we would receive a full refund within 3-5 business days. The staff then says that she found the ticket issued by the other manager and can see the cancellation request from 6 business days ago. We are asked to wait another 2 days for the refund to be posted.

10-05 – No refund posted on my bank account. Called Shopmyexchange again and asked where my money is. The staff says they need another 1 to 2 days maximum to refund my money. 10-08 - No refund posted on my bank account. Summary: How can this business exist in 2021? No communication, I receive contradictory information from different staff every time I call, and I have been expected to put in all the leg work myself. You’ve been holding my money hostage for 1.5 months at this point and I never received the item. Disgusting.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I ordered a Samsung refrigerator on Aug. 18, 2021. Sep. 19, haven't received it. Called AAFES on Sep. 15, I was given phone numbers to FragilePAK that was suppose to deliver it. I called the numbers only to be put on hold for 45 minutes and they would then disconnect, twice. Called AAFES and was promised that the problem would be reported to solution department and that they would get back with me in 72 hours. Finally got through to FragilePak. They don't know where the location of the item. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing on line. AAFES has my $2600 and I don't have a refrigerator for month now. AAFES said it would take six weeks to get a refund if I cancel the order. The CEO and the board cares more about profit and not even caring about satisfying customers.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Looking into suing them and seeing how many people we can get together for a class action lawsuit. This company robs people. Ordered large furniture which 2 months later hadn’t arrived, then they say they can’t cancel the order until after shipping, then finally it’s supposed to arrive but it doesn’t because “their truck broke down” which they tell MANY (thousands) of customers by the way (check out the reviews for proof). And even had one of their employees confess that they’re not even shipping the items, FragilePak is just telling customers they did so your package never arrives and that they’ll say they attempted delivery when the item never even shipped. It’s all a scam!!!!

Oh and GET THIS AAFES then can’t give you your refund until after they’ve “received the returned item” but guess what, THAT ITEM WAS NEVER SHIPPED AND LIKELY DOESN’T EVEN EXIST!!! They’re all working together to SCAM SERVICE MEMBERS AND VETS!!!! They will keep your money and not give you your furniture! They’re currently being investigated and we’re getting the press involved. Don’t buy in

Original review: July 28, 2021

So 7 years out of the army left with 2,300 to pay off. Was told they were going to take payments out of my disability each month until paid off… they left out because they are federal. They can still charge interest. So 7 years later and tax refund garnished I found out I was being charged over double my payment in interest and I currently now owe over 8,000. Star Card is a complete scam that the military is endorsing and they should be ashamed of themselves. They're lucky the nearest hub is a 12 hour drive away.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Quick story: purchased a TV; TV shipped; TV got lost in transit >> FedEx confirmed; Exchange contacted and hung up on me twice; Exchange filed a "lost item" claim and cited 3-5 days to complete; it's been 5 days and it's crickets. They are holding my TV/money hostage and WILL not work with me at all. They told me the claim hasn't been opened and constantly tell me that there is nothing they can do. This yet ANOTHER SAD+PATHETIC example about Veterans being taken advantage of. This service is TERRIBLE and it's what is pawned off on active duty service members? Terrible.. Unthinkable. But a reality that's all too familiar.

AAFES Company Information