1.21/5
Based on 126 reviews that contain star ratings

141 AAFES Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2019

If I could give this company 0 stars, I would. They do not honor their 0% financing on their “special promotions”. Heaven forbid you are in the desert or TDY and cannot monitor your statement every single month to follow up on them doing their job to input the promotion like they are supposed to. Then when you get home and have the time to call about it, you are told “Sorry! If it’s more than 60 days after the billing cycle so that’s your fault and we won’t change it!!!” I will never shop at an AAFES again. The prices are always higher than elsewhere and their customer service is garbage!! Save yourself the aggravation and go to Amazon or Target!!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Bought an engagement ring during a sale that had 0% interest and no payments for 12 months. Noticed after the new year they started charging interest, so I called and spoke to them. They said no problem, you're right, we apologize, and we'll get it taken care of. Since I'm currently deployed, I am unable to check my statement as much as I'd like to. Two months since the phone call and still charging interest, but now they say they won't honor the advertised deal. Shady business practices.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2019

So we’ve had a ‘DPP’ (as it used to be called, Delayed Payment Program) since the early 90’s. Around 2010 I was medically retired and went through several hospitalizations with follow up care. My husband is a civilian & always has been but AAFES will extend credit to spouses & did to him as well. Anyway, we lived for a time totally dependent on his income until my transition from active duty to medically retired became permanent. Of course during that time he was ‘let go’ by his career job, even though he’d hung in there thru the 2008 housing crash, so we had to make decisions about what bills we could afford to pay & which ones had to wait. Let me say, “DON’T MAKE YOUR AAFES CREDIT CARD WAIT!”

Long story short, they refer your account out to a collection business that administered a $1,540 ‘one time collection fee’ on my $4,200 account balance plus fees, interest & penalties monthly amounting to $90/month. So after paying off $1,900 last spring my balance is $150 shy of $10,000! Remember, my limit was $4,500. There’s no way to catch up, make payments or get ahead when my monthly additions are $90 alone, that’s worse than college loans!

I’m not sure how AAFES is getting away with their total disregard for active duty & veterans nor how they’re allowed to use this collection company to apply disgusting fees they know full well no soldier, airman, seamen, etc. can afford to pay! That enrages me! I take full responsibility for not making my payments as well as my account going into collection status. I want AAFES to take responsibility for maltreatment towards us consumers as well as for these thugs they’ve hired to collect!

Last note? We’re blue collar people yet we haven’t received our tax refund for over 5 years (solely due to this collection company) and our balances are still excessive to the point we’ll never be able to pay them off - this seems unethical & illegal. I wish I knew someone who could help rid all BX & PX’s across America of the parent company who’s ** us all!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I received a Disability Severance pay from the military that was taxed. I spent some time in and out of physical therapy rehabilitation. During this time I fell behind in payments of my Star Card. When I called Star Card to pay a balance about $2000 and was informed that my account was transferred to TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS INC. I was informed by Transworld Systems Inc that interest and fees had caused my balance had more than tripled. This company wanted me to pay almost $12,000. I begged both companies to forgive some of the with no success. I agreed to pay a fee debited out of my bank account each month.

Fast forward... I filed a Saint Clair Claim with the IRS to get refunded my Disability Severance pay money that the IRS took out for taxes. Unfortunately, I received a letter in the mail stating that Transworld Systems Inc had taken my entire Disability Severance refund. Neither of these companies gave me the opportunity to re-negotiate a fair settlement for the interest. I’m behind in mortgage and was planning to clean my credit up with the refund money.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Back in 2011 AAFES let me as a civilian open up an account because I was married to a military service member. After my divorce in 2015 I attempted many times to reach out to Aafes to pay off my debt. I NEVER received an responses back, written letters, calls and emails. And my email hasn't change in over 10 years now. Without notice, they sent my account to collection in 2016. Still no attempt as responding or reaching out to me. This year (3 years after sent to collections) They took my tax refund (federal and state). My balance that was updated just Feb 23rd of this year on my credit report was a balance of $4,011 for an original debt of only $2,550. I got $300 of my tax return back (the total was a little over $4800). Why did the company take even more than what I owe. Why no response. Nothing!!

I am a single mom of 4. Then almost 2 years ago I lost my house in a fire and was depending on this new tax return since my kids have medical issues, and this company offsets after REFUSAL to respond and settle. Money hungry company. I understand I had a debt. I was trying to settle and make payments and pay it. But thanks to Aafes they refused and sent it to collections to double my account owed and KEEPS ADDING MORE TO IT!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAFES?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

To the CEO of AAFES, Tom Shull I hope you’re reading all these reviews. The majority if not all are 1 star reviews made by military personnel, prior service, and retired servicemen. You of all people should be hurt the most when reading these reviews. This is how soldiers are being treated. ARE YOU GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THESE ISSUES? Start with your customer service reps and management.

On Jan 19 2019, I placed an order online for an item that was on sale, mind you that this item although on sale was not cheap, it was $1,203.00. 4 days, almost 5 days later I receive an email from AAFES stating that my order has been canceled. I call the online customer service and I asked why my order has been canceled and they tell me that the company made a mistake and priced the item incorrectly so I asked why then did it take almost 5 days later to be notified that this order has been canceled.

Without explaining to me why it took them almost 5 days to notify me, they had the nerve to revert straight to their terms and conditions and told me that it states on there that they can cancel items anytime if they choose to. Keep in mind that on the day I ordered this item the funds were already subtracted from my total bank account balance, so for the next 4 almost 5 days I was out $1,203.00. It was very inconvenient, I was being more conservative on my spending within those 4 days.

I ask to speak to a manager and I explain to her what happened and she also reverts to the terms and conditions. Great training on your employee customer service representatives there AAFES, just train them like rude robots. I told them to compensate me for all the trouble and inconvenience and they offer me a 5% off my next order lol, what a bunch of cheap arses. This is a multi bububu-billion dollar company that leeches off soldiers serving in the military. 5%, Really?!? I still can’t get over that.

I have been a loyal customer with AAFES and a MILSTAR card holder for over a decade and this is the treatment I get for mistakes that the company made. I told the manager that I don’t even want their 5% and then she said “okay byyye” and just hung up. This is a manager for customer service? Wow!! Unbelievable. I will never shop with AAFES again. I will not support a company that treats customers and soldiers this way. Seems they are so one sided, it’s their way or the highway.

Needless to say I will be closing my account with these NAZIs. They overprice their items anyways, even without the taxes it’s still a ripoff. Also their website is so ghetto, again, a multi bububu-billion dollar company can’t even manage to set up a proper website. Even though I know they don’t give a crap, they just lost a over a decade loyal customer. Sincerely yours, Sergeant, US Army.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We ordered furniture online to be delivered to us in Germany. It said 4-6 weeks for delivery. It is now 8 weeks later and they have no idea where it is, they charged our visa and they told us we would pay a fee if we cancel because it has shipped. We asked for a discount and we want to cancel.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have been a loyal customer and have always had my account in good standing with the Military Star Card. I recently retired and moved back stateside from overseas. During my transition, I received a rewards card for making the required purchases to receive one. Also, while I was in transition, I had my mail forwarded like we all have to do. I never received my rewards card and when I called customer service to inquire, I received the run-around. I finally was able to speak to someone that said they would put in a request to a different department to see if they would re-issue my rewards card. I called today to find out the results and I was denied on the premise of that I changed my new mailing address AFTER the rewards card was issued.

I am still flabbergasted as to why that would be an issue when they can go in and see that the rewards card has not been used in a transaction and that the postal service never got my card to me. I talked to 3 different representatives with the last one telling me she would not override the decision and that I could send an email with the reasons I think I should be re-issued a card. I was also told that the terms and conditions of the rewards program does not align with my issue. The only thing that I can see in the terms and conditions is that they do not replace lost or stolen cards. I do not feel like my card is lost or stolen because I NEVER had the card in my possession. I feel that this is a terrible way to treat your customers, who happen to be current or former service members, and this goes against anything that Military Star represents.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I have dealt with AAFES for more than 50 years. Only about 15 years with their online store. This is a Benefit for Veterans and after spending nearly 30 years in the service I can assure everyone that this is no benefit. Items are priced higher than most big box stores. Sale prices equate largely to everyday prices everywhere else. Logistics is horrible. You never know for certain if an item will arrive or when waiting it’s suddenly out of stock. Consumer service only in name. The worst of any store at any size I've ever dealt with and nearly totally unresponsive and argumentative when confronted with errors. It’s a disaster and to Vets out there it’s no benefit for the years you have to this country. A real travesty.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We ordered a Samsung washing machine on the 25 of November. The website was saying ‘in stock’ so decided that this fact and the prize combined was what we wanted to order. On the 8th of December I still haven’t heard or received anything. I called to complain and was told that it was scheduled for the 11th. Not so happy with that because of the fact that I don’t have a washing machine at the moment and 3 small children, she said to make it a direct delivery with a different company so I could get it faster. The days past and I didn’t hear again. On the 11th I called to learn that I was scheduled now for the 14th. How in the world is it possible to have a delivery date on the 11th, complain, get agreed and a faster day and then end up on the 14th?

Well today is the 14th and again; heard nothing. Called again and guess what; we are now planned for the 18th. I guess you can imagine that I am furious about it. The shipping company says they don’t deal with discounts or compensation for laundry service and AAFES says they have no influence on the driver part what takes so long. Great, no one cares I guess. I hope this review gets out there and people get aware of this way of doing business. Believe me; the stress and anger is not worth the ‘tax free’ part...

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I ordered a PS4 online for Black Friday and was notified that it shipped on November 23rd at 10 am. On the 27th I call for the status only to find out they made a label and never shipped the product. I'm being told now after seven phone calls to customer service to give it three more days to ship or call back so they can give me another bogus reason why I don't have the product. They were supposed to contact me four times already through the escalation department and they have never made an attempt to reach out to me.

It's been 11 days since it was supposed to ship and the website states it will ship in two. It took 10 years to find a company that is run worse than the VA and the lack of concern on their part is ridiculous. They need to be sued for false advertising stating they care about active duty and veterans. Worst service ever. Stay away from this place at all cost!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews on the STAR card before I got one. How in the world that I can make payments, they apparently accepts the payment, but when you check your balance, you have a past due balance. If you call, they will tell you that the bank returned the payment. Really? Never had a problem with making a payment online with any other online vendor, but the bank will send the payment back. Maybe the bank know AAFES is full of **? One star rating is WAAAYYY too much of a good thing.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I would give zero stars if I could. I ordered a sofa and sofa table manufactured by Ashley on September 11. The items said in stock. A week later, I contacted AAFES via chat to confirm the shipping time-frame. I was told the items would be shipped on October 1st. Meanwhile, I gave my sofa away based on what I was communicated. On Oct 3, I received an email from Mallory ** with it being cc'd to Ronn ** stating the items were on back-order until October 26th, and I could cancel by Oct 13th if I didn't want the items any longer.

I replied to let her know that this is not good service to have a customer waiting so long before notifying him or her of a delay. I also expressed how dissatisfied I was with how military customers received such subpar service. I was contacted via phone and told that if I kept the items, I would receive a 10% discount for being inconvenienced. Fast forward to Oct 29th. I still have not received the items, although my account said the items were shipped on October 17th, AND my card was charged with NO DISCOUNT. I once again contacted Mallory and cc'd Ronn that I had not received anything and had not been contacted by anyone for delivery if the items were, indeed, shipped on the 17th.

I got no response from either, and on today, the 31st, I receive and email stating I have been issued a refund, and they are sorry the items did not meet my expectation. How can I return an item if I never received it? What kind of service is this? This is so unprofessional. I am very disappointed to see that the service military exchange customers receive is total garbage. This is unacceptable. Ive been waiting for a sofa and table for over a month for it to be canceled with no regards to how this makes me feel as a customer. No call or anything... I will never order anything from AAFES again!!!

Original review: June 20, 2018

Purchase a refrigerator online November 11, 2017, was delivered on December 2, 2017 but wasn’t set-up till December 30, 2017. While checking out I notice a few dents, called customer service on January 3, 2018, was told, "Someone will call you back." They never end called so I called them a few weeks later & was told to contact Samsung so I did but Samsung rep informed me that the exchange should handle that problem so I called. Someone would be getting back with me. No ever called me back, so today June 20, 2018, I was told they could pick up or give me a discount of $300 dollars. I didn’t believe that was enough if they had looked at the pictures so I said, "You can pick it up."

So the lady put me on hold and came back with, "Are you using the refrigerator," I said yes. She then informed me, "We cannot pick it up because you are using it & we can’t give you the $300 dollar discount because you turned it down." This went on for about a hour, then she came back with, "We can give you 10% off your next purchase, then she back with 15% our final offer next purchase. I said no. To this day no one from Military Star has never called me back, I also was told by the customer service today that it’s not their fault no one called me back. I made the called about the problem but they act like I didn’t call enough. Their customer service people are rude & unprofessional and they don’t keep or honor their word. Please be careful dealing with this company.

Original review: May 30, 2018

5/29/2018: Tried to order a $399 Vitamix Blender this date. Went through all the questions on the Website but yet there simply was no place in which to Submit my order. Consequently, I do not know if my order was placed or not and do not know how to budget in a situation such as this! I then tried to contact AAFES for a Customer Review. I, again, went all through the questions only to find out that there was no place to submit my answers. I have never dealt with such idiocracy before. If AAFES was designed to be a pleasurable experience for the veteran, IT CERTAINLY IS NOT. A LOT OF TIME HAS BEEN WASTED FOR NOTHING!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I placed a couple of orders with AAFES's ShopMyExchange.com in the last 6 months. One order arrived quickly and as described. The other order was for a limited edition $400 item that was listed as in stock, but it didn't ship. Online merchants should not be listing items as "in stock" and overselling items that they don't actually have. Beware of AAFES / ShopMyExchange when shopping for high demand or limited edition items.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Good luck on getting them to ACTUALLY report your CURRENT BALANCE not your OLD BALANCE... It will reflect on your credit report, and although you have made payments on time at 100.00 increments you still get dinged on your credit card usage which makes it Your score go down, that's the catch 22. They don't tell you about with this card, and then will act as if it's an issue to correct something that should be done automatically, so basically you have to call and beg them to do their job. No special favors being asked...

I speak from my experience. Was in process of getting a loan but because of this card I got denied and have to wait for another 90 days to reapply for a loan to which I should have been approved for but was not due to this card taking my score down from 653 to 615 honestly in a matter of a day... Avoid this card. It's unknown stuff like this that's hurting us Veterans and this card is suppose to Help us not Hurt us. No matter if you are paying it still will make your credit bad, avoid this headache, and I hate to say that.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We tried to make a payment in store, but didn't have the card with us. Customer service was great and helpful, but the E.C.P. rep gave the C.S. rep in store the WRONG ACCOUNT NUMBER. My payment wasn't able to be refunded for a few days, and I still had to make a payment on top of that to the correct account. Recently, we tried to make a payment online, and thankfully I save the confirmation with the amount I selected to pay, and their wonderful system changed the payment amount and increased it by more than double. I selected "minimum payment" when I paid it online, and I saved that confirmation screen that verified the amount due that was the minimum payment.

Also got an email stating that payment was past due... Get this; it was due on April 20th, 2018... Email was sent March 24th, 2018. Let that sink in. E.C.P. is trying to charge us a late fee, because our bank disputed the charge and pulled the payment back, because that was an unauthorized amount that was debited. I sent them the payment confirmation to confirm with the bank, and they were able to see that more than double our payment was illegally taken out of our account. We call them to figure it out, and first person a few days ago tells us to dispute it through our bank and tells us that they have no idea what happened, and claims everything on their end looks fine.

Call again today to have the late fee removed, so I can make the payment, and was told by a manager that "there's no AAFES error". Their claim is I selected minimum payment due, and the payment they took was the minimum due. I did selected minimum due, but what their system changed it to and what I have confirmation of as far as what the minimum due was are two COMPLETELY different amounts by about $70. If you're a fan of your money going to random accounts, and a fan of your payments being changed, then go ahead and sign right up. I can't say that I know anyone who likes their money being messed with. I've emailed proof of the authorized payment amount, so all I can say is this late fee BETTER be removed, or they're going to have charges for theft from that withdrawal brought on them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Don't get one, avoid the military star card as much as possible. As some had already stated. Their APR is insanely high and an interest fee that is far beyond any credit card or loan shark. My wages are garnished bi-monthly. They take any amount in accordance to your debt. And if your account made it to collections, you'll have to pay that collections agency too. Finding a way to pay them off is difficult. Knowing that they can garnish tax returns and take any known finances made. The Exchange Credit Program is a RIP OFF and they're the worst. ** crooks!!! I tell customers to avoid that card. If you already have one, pay it off and close it. 10% off meals and other deals, not worth the effort. I could settle for a $1.00 sandwich at McDonald's and still be content.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

This is the worst experience I've ever had with a credit card company. They made mistakes by telling me I had no balance due whenever I went to them on multiple occasions. They hurt my credit score while my credit card was cut up and they refuse to fix their own mistakes. I would 100% recommend anyone to never use this Military Star Card. They are not here to help, even when they made mistakes themselves.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I typically would never make a furniture purchase online. The budget was tight. Our current couches were falling apart and the Shop My Exchange online had a deal on Ashley furniture for 20% off purchase price and no interest no payments for 18 months. My husband (retired Navy Seabee) and I checked out the couches and decided on a sectional with 3 recliners. They were delivered on 10/19/17. About a week or so later I noticed the stitching was coming out of the left side recliner. Being that it was a sectional that seat was fully removable. I contacted customer service & reported the issue the first week of November. I was advised that the stand alone recliner could not be returned and replaced that I had to return the entire sectional and repurchase. While that was a pain point I was fine with it. I was told that the claim was being submitted and someone would be in touch with me.

I asked if the return and repurchase and delivery could happen prior to Thanksgiving because I was hosting Thanksgiving and had family coming in from out of state. My father who hadnt been back home for the holidays in over 10 years and my son was moving home due to medical conditions. I was advised that they were extremely backed up and the process would be lengthy. This wasn't ok with me but I decided I would address that when contacted by a representative. Thanksgiving came and went and no contact was made by a representative. On 12/13/17 I received an email at 09:30 pm from Jessica ** in the Customer Care Escalation Team stating that I had 2 days to submit pictures of the sectional and damage in order for a call tag to be issued to have the item picked up.

I was not comfortable with not knowing the process, when it would be picked up and when I could order a new one and receive it as Christmas was right around the corner. I called customer service on 12/14/17 and expressed my concern and asked to speak with Jessica ** in the Customer Care Escalation Team. I was told she was not available. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was connected to a supervisor by the name of Don. I explained my concerns and that I had questions. That prior to sending in pictures and having the pick up process begin I wanted to understand the process because this was now my only couch. He seemed to understand but was unable to answer my questions and stated he would have Jessica ** call me that evening or the following day because she was in a meeting. The next day came and went and I had not heard from anyone.

I was busy with getting ready for Christmas and bringing my son to cardiologists and gastrointestinal doctors. I decided to continue to wait for a call and if not received I would contact them after the holidays. Then on 12/21/17 I received another email at 09:30pm with no signature stating that apparently I was having difficulties sending the pictures and to send them to a different email address. I was livid, but again was going to call after the holidays if no phone call received. I was convinced that someone would call me if they didn't receive a response to make sure I was receiving the emails or in case I had not seen the emails. On 12/30/17, at 09:30 pm on a Saturday night, 2 days before New Years I received another email stating the claim was being closed with no further review. Again, I am livid.

I called Customer Service on 1/2/18 and spoke to a representative and request to be transferred to the Customer Care Escalation Team, they refused. I requested to speak to a supervisor, I was transferred to Josephine. I explained the situation and why I did not send the pictures in, that I had called to get some clarification and to understand the process and that I was promised a return call. She berated me stating that I received emails and I stated I know. I did but why would you close a claim before calling customer. She continued to state I received emails and I told her, "I don't care if you sent a message in the sky, I was promised a call and I expected a call." I had questions and was not comfortable moving forward without understanding the process. I asked her to transfer me to the Customer Care Escalation Team and she refused. I hung up and then called back.

I spoke to a customer service representative and explained the situation again. They supposedly transferred me to the Customer Care Escalation Team and I spoke to a "supervisor" by the name of Mike ** who was extremely rude and condescending. I once again explained the entire situation and he would say things like, "I don't think you want us to exchange the sectional." When I told him that that is not true I just wanted to speak to someone to understand the process because it was my ONLY couch and I wanted to know how long I would be without a couch he said, "Well, what do you think would happen?" I said, "I DONT KNOW. THAT IS WHY I CALLED!" I asked if it was their policy to not call customers to confirm if they even received an email or to give them the courtesy of a call. If it was policy to be so extremely impersonal. He continued to berate me about being contacted by email.

I asked him if he was really a supervisor and why would I be told I would get a phone call and never get one. That I have never known of any customer service person, especially someone in management to be so rude and calloused to a paying customer. He finally explained the process to me in a very rude manner, that after I submit the pictures that is when someone would call me to either offer me a % off of the purchase or to schedule an exchange. I asked him to reopen the claim and he said he would. He confirmed that I would send the pictures in response to the first email. I stated I would. I asked him for the name of the department manager and he provided me with the name of Josie **. I requested her email and he provided it to me. On January 3, 2018 on sent the pictures in response to the email. By January 9th I still had not received a response.

At this time I wrote a letter to the Dallas corporate headquarter and addressed it to Phillip ** the head of Administration. I wrote Josie ** and email and attached a copy of the complaint letter. As of today, 1/12/2018 I still have received no response. I called the customer service number and spoke to a supervisor by the name of Kathy she stated that once a claim is closed it can not be reopened it had to be reported again, once again I am livid and went through explaining the entire issue I have been having, what Mike ** told me and that I have filed a former complaint with their corporate headquarters in Dallas and that letter should almost be there. She put me on hold and asked me to send the pictures again because they did not receive them. I said I would.

After I got off the phone I first went and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I then submitted the pictures again, cc'd this Josie **, stated that I had filed a formal complaint with BBB and their corporate office and now I am waiting as I complain here on Consumer Affairs. I see that I am good company and not alone with the horrendous customer service I have received. My husband served 20 years honorably with the Seabees in the United States Navy. Being able to shop at the Exchange is supposed to be one of the benefits of service, however it has been more of a headache than a benefit. I doubt I will EVER purchase such a large ticket item from them again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

It has taken 18 days since first contacting customer support to make this return (FedEx picked it up today) and I am sure getting a refund will be as bad or worse. From first contact the information on return has been wrong and ridiculously cumbersome. The first customer rep told me to return via USPS and gave me a mailing address. I called customer service again to verify this and was told, no computers have to be picked up by FedEx and it would take 12-14 days for the pickup.

I also emailed customer service to be sure the information I got was correct and to have a paper trail. The email response included a caller ID tag and I was told FedEx would call to schedule a pick up (14-15 December per the phone call customer rep). On 15 Dec I called FedEx and was told the number I gave them wasn't in their system. I called customer service again and learned the call tag number was wrong and was given another number. I called FedEx and asked if it were possible to take the package to a FedEx location (leaving a package outside in the city = definite theft). The FedEx rep said yes and the FedEx office could print the label and return shipment could begin there.

When I went to the FedEx office I was told no they couldn't do that with the call tag number. They could only print a shipping label if I had an account number. I then called FedEx and was told the same thing and when I gave the call tag number the rep said she couldn't find it in their system. When I checked the number online it appeared there was a pick up attempt on 12 December although there was no address associated with the attempt and no other attempts (note I had never been called to schedule a pick up).

I called AAFES customer service 21 Dec and was told a PDF shipping label would be sent via email in 1 to 2 hours after the phone call. After 8 hours I called customer service and was told it takes a long time since they are very busy. The rep went through the usual spiel before I asked her to please read all of the previous communication with customer service. She then had a manager obtain another call tag from FedEx. I again reiterated I could not leave the package on the street. The customer service manager was on the phone with FedEx and received reassurance the courier would call me and I could bring the package out to the courier.

I left a note on the gate to my house asking the courier to call or text me when they arrived. I called FedEx this morning to reconfirm this would be done. I was told no. The couriers don't usually use their personal phones this way but he did call the local dispatcher and asked if the courier would call me although he could not guarantee this. He reiterated pick up would be between 8 AM and 8 PM. Last but not least being an independent contractor this circus cost a day's pay as I had to be home to wait for package pick up. Hopefully AAFES will fix this problem.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

AAFES charges more in interest and penalties than any credit card company due to their relationship with the US Government. Congress has given them special protections by allowing them to act as a government agency in so that they may garnish wages and taxes directly without a court order. After going through a very difficult divorce, and attempting to pay off my debt, I was told my $4,000 balance has jumped to $9,000 after ONE year. $2400 in interest and the $2600 in penalties. This is so ridiculous as to be criminal.

I have already contacted my Senators office, and am looking into bringing AAFES to court over the balance. I believe in paying one's debts, what I will not abide by is a garbage company pretending they are Military approved organization intended to help soldiers. They were forced to pay back soldiers millions in 2010 when they ILLEGALLY took soldiers pay for debts that were inflated or not even owed. STAY AWAY from this company.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

About 22 years ago I was stupid enough to open an AAFES charge card. I purchased some items for our home we lost after I was medically retired and wasn't paid for 6 months pending my medical separation. I needed surgery and was unable to work during that 6 month period which screwed our finances and lives up but this was unplanned.

I was able to get my payments lowered but about 4 years ago both of my parents were hospitalized and my mother almost died. I also had follow-up surgery and during that time my bank account was hacked and I forgot to update my account for my AAFES payment. I got a call and updated it with them and told them to draft a payment ASAP. Well, I didn't follow-up to see if the payment was made because I assumed it WAS! I was working full-time and taking care of my parents along with dealing with school.

I received another missed payment notification and a letter telling me my account went into collections! I immediately called and asked to catch up on my payments but was not given an ounce of pity or help. I called several times asking to speak with managers to get my payments back on track but it didn't happen. They were rude. Fast forward to this week and I get a letter of intent to garnish my wages. That's total crap because the amount I really owe is less than half they will screw me for. And they wrote that debt off and will collect DOUBLE which means they collected triple of the original amount. Congress should stop them from tapping our checks. They should have to go to COURT and give us a chance to meet a judge and plea our cases. No, instead they screw us over. What a mistake.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I am in the market for basketball hoop as Birthday gift for my grandson. Have inquired with AAFES as to whether what is included in this basketball hoop as to whether the BACKBOARD, POLE, RIM, NET and all parts as shown in picture are included. Have talk to Manager of AAFES and told me he will check it out with the buyer who at the time was on vacation. Don't understand. Instead of checking with the distributor of this item he has to check it with the previous buyer. Don't make sense. I just want to make sure everything is included cause had the experience before of buying basketball hoop and didn't know that all they were sending me was the BACKBOARD. Was also told that what you see in the picture doesn't necessary mean you'll get the whole thing. So now I want to make sure I know exactly what I am buying before I buy an item.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I have had AAFES take out unannounced and unauthorized payments from my checking account. Not only once but twice. They ignore set payments and do what they want to. Luckily, my bank was able to set them straight and correct their errors. They would not accept responsibility for their actions. They are in the business for screwing over hard working military personnel. If you are a young Soldier wanting a card. My best advice would be to not get one. They have high APRs and find ways to take advantage of military personnel. Do not become an unhappy customer.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I loved this card. Never had any issues. They never gave me any problems with returns. Everyone at the exchange was extremely professional and I loved their perks and sales. They are Bankruptcy friendly. They will give you another chance and they give you more than enough in regards to CL. The payments are reasonable. I can't say enough about them never had any issues.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have attempted since March 2017 to make an online payment since I had established this account in 1995. My spouse who happens to the veteran had set up an automatic draft each month from his personal checking. His account was in the negative on three consecutive months when AAFES attempted to draft the account. I had no knowledge of the insufficient funds and attempted to make an online payment in March 2017. I called customer service to determine the status/problem with the account since it is in my name. I requested at that time to remove the restriction from my account.

Here we are three months later and I attempted to pay online tonight. After two attempts to pay online, I could not access my account to make a payment. I then called customer service and spoke with Audrey, a customer service representative. I received a denial from her to remove the "denial request". Therefore, I asked to speak to her supervisor, Tasha, who also stated she could not remove the denial request and furthermore agreed with me that I should have been notified in writing of the denial to remove the freeze on my payments except in an exchange or mailing to AAFES. Had I known prior to the date due on my account, I would have mailed the payment to the company. Effective communication no longer exists along with common sense and customer-friendly services!!!

Original review: June 9, 2017

I've been with AAFES for years and never had any issues until now. I was out of town and forgot to pay my bill almost a month behind. When I returned I called them to pay my past due amount. I authorized them to withdraw "X" amount and it was confirmed by them. The next day I checked to see if the payment went through and to my surprise they not only took the payment, but also the next payment that wasn't even due. I called and got the runaround. Oh yeah a sorry too. This is illegal!

Original review: May 13, 2017

Do not bother getting this insurance. AAFES does not honor it. I purchased a two-year replacement. TV broke two months ago, they said, "Contact Samsung". Samsung approved service centers are over an hour away and open M-F. Close at 5. I work daily. Samsung said, "Call insurance and get replacement now." Asurion and AAFES will not honor their own warranty. Just disgusted that they would do such a scheme. Military at its finest.

AAFES Company Information