AAFES

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a bedroom set in September of 2016. I had it delivered today and when delivery guys arrived first thing they said was a complaint that I live on the second floor. The delivery person also said that they only have 15 minute window so all they are going to do is drop the furniture and leave. I didn't expect that so I called AAFES and the customer service woman rudely told me that this is what I am going to get because I have free shipping and I bought the merchandise not the service.

I asked her to transfer me to the supervisor and the supervisor told me that I can send my furniture back on the same truck and because they have free shipping this is the service I am going to get. I simply hung up the phone. This was my first and last time ever ordering from AAFES. And I will take this issue up the chain because AAFES customer service made me look guilty because they offered free shipping and I didn't know they were just going to drop the furniture and only had a 15 minute window.

The music played in the store was so loud that we were unable to communicate with others unless screaming. In addition, not everyone might like the music broadcasted. Furthermore, all exchanges have high prices for cheap merchandise.

I had an excellent payment history with the Military Star Card. Not one missed payment, and usually only used it once in a while as a credit builder. Before we moved, I paid off the card, a 2400.00 balance (we bought furniture), and didn't use it again for a few months. Imagine my surprise when I attempted to use the card to find it had been canceled! I checked my credit score and it turns out, I hadn't paid it completely off. Some 17.00 was left on the card. They canceled my card and "charged off" 17.00 bucks! I didn't pay it for 2 months. The 3rd month? Closed! I had an 8000.00 limit. And my credit plummeted from the high 700's to the low 600's! I explained that as a military card they should understand that after a move some things may get misplaced, that I had excellent payment history with them. Not one missed payment. They will do no NOTHING. They straight up SUCK and tell every single person NOT to get this card!

AAFES has the worst credit card ever! I had applied and received the card back when it was two cards on one! they sent me a chase card with the "exchange" credit card numbers on the bottom of the chase card. I only used the exchange card once at the PX and the cashier was the one who swiped my card I didn't even know the card was two in one. The exchange did a bad job of explaining the whole two in one card situation. So I guess I had used the card during the promotion of buy something in December and you don't get charged till June.

Fast forward to June and I don't see the charge, the whole time I had been using the chase card and paying that off, so when I didn't see the charge I called the chase number. They transferred me to the ECP (exchange credit program) customer service dept. They told me my payment was two months late... the whole time I'm thinking everything was charged to the chase card. The rep told me this situation happens all the time. I checked my credit score the next day and it was down almost one hundred points cause of the "late payment" I contacted the exchange payment dispute dept. and of course they offered no help. So like I said this is the worst credit company ever.

AAFES (the military credit program, called Military Star Card) gives easy credit to military members because the debt is federally protected (meaning they can very easily garnish your wages, tax refund... etc without having to take you to court to get permission). I left the military in a hurry, it was a medical board and it happened unexpectedly quick (given my profession, it was assumed I would be kept in the service). I don't dispute my debt on this card. I dispute that they contacted me re: this debt. When I was active duty I got regular emails for bills and this stopped after I left the service. I never got mailed a notification and of course were moving and between houses as we had to rent and then wait for our new home to be built, to be at our jobs for 60 days before we could the home loan, etc...

Several reasons we had difficulty keeping up with these bills. All my other credit cards send paper bills if we don't pay and they all managed to be forwarded to the temporary addresses and eventually to the final, they also emailed me and called me if I lost their bills in the transition. Military Star did none of those things. 2 years later I was sent a letter from the Bureau of Fiscal Services stating there was a Tax Offset and on that same day I received a letter from Transworld Systems (3rd party collection) telling me I had been placed in collections and there was nothing I could do about, despite that all bills and debt has remediation and dispute process per US Code. The company told me they had not purchased the debt and it was still owned by AAFES so all requests for dispute resolution had to go through them.

When I called AAFES they shamed me on the phone, telling me that I am responsible for this debt and that they send one letter and they do not call. After reading the "fine print" of the credit agreement, it does say that they do not contact people when they move or leave the service and given the high rate of moving that military personnel do in their careers. This feels like a set up for failure, especially considering that many people who get these cards are young, low ranking enlisted who don't have established credit yet. Also, the military puts you in a difficult spot when you enter as direct commission, with over 2 months wait for pay and without any ability to earn money to purchase goods, placing them in the unfortunate position to use credit to help them until their money comes in.

Again, I don't deny there were charges on this card, but this company should be helping our service members, not making their lives more difficult, especially after we transition out. We have to go through hell afterwards to get healthcare, to get jobs, to get the entitlements that came with our service, to repair the damage to our families that deployments and separations incur. I dispute the companies policy and state they did not follow SOP and regulation when they failed to contact me or confirm contact about this debt. I also checked my credit report every quarter just in case there is a bill or something that I've missed and this, to this day, is still not on my credit report. With all those back ups and no bills and monitoring my credit report; at what point am I supposed to know these obscure and asinine terms and rules that no one is reading.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAFES?

I ordered a pair of Ugg slippers for a family member in New York. I had them shipped, which was supposed to be free, but they charged me $4.95. I ordered her a size 7, but they shipped a size 6. I immediately called their customer service and they told me my family member had to pay to send them back and I had to pay to re-order the correct size. WTH? Long story short I threw a fit! Customer service finally agreed to email instructions to pass along to my family member so she didn't have to pay the return shipping, but its been 3 weeks now and I haven't received anything from AAFES. The deal I thought I got on the Ugg slippers cost me double and my 90 days of return policy is almost up. I will never shop here again! It's sad seeing our soldiers deserve the best, but get treated like second class citizens. Completely ridiculous! I'm very disappointed!

I just received their specials for thanksgiving, honestly all their papers straight to the trash can. I purchased a camera that was in stock and ready to ship, bull full of lies, it's been 12 days and my status is processing, I called their rude customer service and they said oohh your order has been cancelled because we don't have it anymore and that's what we do,"we cancel orders." When not available.Thanks for the heads up, no message, no nothing to make me aware. And the worst it was ready to ship, so 1st time buying through this stink service, honestly last ever in my life. Whoever is buying gifts never trust them you will be disappointed.

I never ordered or would consider ordering furniture online BUT this is the Exchange after all & their in store stock is limited. I ordered Ashley Furniture in 2012. The sofa & chairs had broken support boards when it arrived but who tears into their newly delivered furniture to inspect it: I paid someone to come look at it & repair it at AAFES direction & then they refused to reimburse me until I took it all the way up the chain. Then they told me to give it to CHARITY & they would credit the STAR CARD acct!!!

Fast forward & this is the problem with giving second chances... I ordered Ashley Furniture AGAIN, shipped through a different freight company. The items arrive. There is sawdust all up & down one side of the fabric. Not going through that rodeo again. I call to return it ~ They won't pick it up - I have to pay to freight it back! Oh & the items I bought & received on 11/2/15 went on sale on 11/7/15 ~ I asked for an acct adjustment for the sale & promo offer ~ they literally were going to make me either A) Pay the return freight & I'd have to re-order it or B) take it to my Exchange, return it & repurchase it to get the sale price & promotional APR!!! UNBELIEVABLE - Once bitten, twice shy... what was I thinking?!?

I had my account set up on autopay. They never pulled the money from my account which made it late. So on my credit report, it shows as 30 days past due. I called them, they tell me "oh it's for 28.00", like seriously it's your fault and I'm being penalized because you didn't take the money when it was set up on autopay. I'm cancelling my cards with them and will never go through them again.

I placed an order from Office Depot through shopmyexchange.com on 17 September 2015. As of 29 Sept, I had not received a shipping notification so I contacted the exchange online customer service representative. I was told they did not know why I haven't received any shipping notification and said that I would have to wait 3-5 business days for a response from Office Depot. Finally received shipping status on 3 October but the tracking number was invalid. So I contact customer service AGAIN to get the correct tracking number from Office Depot and was told I would have to wait another 3-5 days for a response from Office Depot on the correct tracking number. So I asked the customer service if it would not make more sense to get on the phone to get the correct information from Office Depot. I was then told that they do not have outside lines to do that. Freaking UNREAL! DO NOT ORDER THROUGH THIS FRAUDULENT WEBSITE!

My husband and I ordered a washer and dryer set from them online and after a 3 week processing period, we only received the washer. We contacted customer services and nobody would do anything. They pretty much played the blame game with a different person or department every time, but still no dryer. They verified every time that it was a set but that was as far as anybody seemed to go. It was sent to escalations but even they did nothing. In short, shopmyexchange.com has horrible customer service and does not provide the items as purchased. They also won't deal with spouses which considering they are a military business is an issue, my husband is deployed so I had a lot of difficulty even getting help to begin with.

I ordered a table and chair set through Office Depot as a ShopMyExchange.com specialty store for a little more than $400. It was also a gift, so I ordered it a bit early. The table "ships," but the tracking number supplied by AAFES doesn't work. It's faulty. 10 days pass. The birthday I needed it for passes and nothing. So I call AAFES' online customer service and nobody has answers. Nobody can locate the table -- thought a simple call to Office Depot should have gotten it done. They tell me to wait 2-3 business days for assistance. That time passes, no help. I call again -- same thing. Wait 2-3 days. Nothing happens.

After waiting about an extra week, I decide enough is enough and file a dispute with my Military Star Card. Unfortunately, they're not any better. No communication whatsoever for a month, so I call. I'm given the runaround again -- "We'll call or e-mail you with updates soon!" But they don't. Another month or so passes and I call the Exchange Credit Program. My case was filed -- but there are no notes that show that somebody has been working my case. I'm out $400 and NOBODY at AAFES or the Credit Program cares. Not a single person. Meanwhile, I still have to pay my Star Card as if that $400 charge is legit. So my monthly bill has been about 30 bucks more than usual. No table, no help, higher bill. That's all I've gotten from AAFES. Thanks.

Ordered a MacBook Air, was told would ship in two days. After no tracking or notification five days later, called *customer service*. They refused to cancel the order and said it would be more than 10 days until shipped. It finally arrived in nine more days, I immediately took to local exchange. Quick return there, however, AAFES TAKES THREE TO FIVE DAYS TO REFUND YOUR PURCHASE MONEY. WORST COMPANY IN WORLD. Fire General in charge of AAFES, hire a civilian who is familiar with customer service such as Zappos or Amazon. Get the AAFES General out now. This company is ripping off service personnel on a daily basis.

I bought a TV from AAFES. It arrived and we left it in the box for 2 weeks as it went in the guest bedroom. We took it out of the box and it looked fine, so we threw the box away. A week later we plugged it in and to our dismay it would not turn on and cracks in the screen were visible. I reported this to AAFES and they would not replace it because I had no box and they said I broke it. You can see it was shipped damaged.

I have opened a Military Star and Chase Credit Card. Because of a deceptive system I was paying on the MasterCard and not knowing that the star card was linked. I believed that since I was paying the credit card, that the star card was being paid. Fast forward 3 months and I'm informed by my credit monitoring service that my score dropped from 805 to 700 because of the star card, even though I have been paying it off by 50 percent every month. I'm so incredibly dissatisfied with everything AAFES. They are a horrible company and I refuse to shop with them again unless I'm deployed.

In January I ordered some furniture. I received it late Feb., I was to get a couch, loveseat, coffee table and end tables. I did not get the tables, the delivery person said it would be in a different shipment. The following day I contacted AAFES about this and they said they would check on it and get back to me. It is now June, I have contacted AAFES via email and phone and seems as though I get the run around each time I call. Yesterday, they now want me to call the delivery company to find out why I didn't get the tables. And of course they gave me a number that did not work. I told AAFES that I purchased the furniture through them and it was their responsibility to find out what is the problem. I am one very dissatisfied customer. I am paying for something I never received and seems as though AAFES really doesn't care. Customer Service Sucks.

I ordered a new PT jacket from AAFES Online on 14 Apr 2015 since the clothing and sales store never has the size that I need. Big mistake. Today is 1 June 2015 and I still don't have my PT jacket. I have sent emails, started a chat with customer service about 5 times, called their "help line" and I always get the same response, "we apologize, a customer service representative will get in contact with you soon." I have not been contacted by anyone from AAFES online to this date. How can AAFES online be such a trash service? Do their employees just don't care? PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM AAFES ONLINE, DO NOT SHOP THERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

On March 22, 2015 I ordered the Serta Icomfort Sleep System Genius Everfeel Adjustable Mattress. This is a metal foundation that controls the position of the mattress and massage for either a single king-sized mattress or 2 twin long mattresses. The mattress is described as "a firmer feel at the surface. It features a 2" layer of Serta Support Foam below our 1.5 in. Cool Action Dual Effects Gel Memory Foam, The .75-in EverFeel Technology is a difference from the first time you lie down". The mattress has beautiful quilting. This is a high quality bed, Serta guarantees customer satisfaction.

The first night we slept on the bed, it was difficult to find any position that was comfortable, and when we used the massage feature to lull us to sleep, it sounded like we had a cement mixer in our bedroom. More importantly my wife can not sleep on the mattress, in any position. She has suffered from Fibromyalgia for more than 18 years, and lies there awake as pain radiates from all major joints and pressure points that touch the mattress. She is now sleeping in the guest room until we get the mattress replaced. I find my back hurts more than it has in years unless I place additional padding on the mattress beneath me. After 5 nights we realized there was no adjusting to the mattress, that it offered as much comfort as a yoga mat on a gym floor. Therefore on the 27 of April we started searching for a solution. We have taken the following steps to resolve the problem after receiving the bed on April 22, 2015.

1) On April 24, 2015 I called the Ergomotion Customer service described the cement mixer noises and the representative immediately knew the problem. I was told I would be contacted by a local repairman to have the soundproofing foam on the massage motors replaced. I received a call from ** who lives in our community and he repaired the soundproofing on April 30th. During the conversation, to correct the noise, I expressed my dissatisfaction over the mattress, and my inability to sleep and he told me that Serta had a 120 day in home trial. He also advised us to return the king mattress and get 2 plush twin mattresses to use on the foundation.

The iComfort Sleep System by Serta 120 Day In-Home Trial - You can feel confident when you switch to a new iComfort Sleep System by Serta with our 25-Year Limited Warranty and our 120-Day In-Home Trial. This trial program is offered exclusively by Serta to our retail partners, allowing you to experience your new iComfort sleep system in your home for up to 120 days - and still exchange or return it if you are not completely satisfied.

Once your iComfort Sleep System is delivered and set up in your home, sleep on it for a minimum of 30 nights to adjust to a new level of comfort and support. If you are not completely satisfied after the first 30 nights, contact your Serta retailer to discuss your options. I have had this bed in home for 30 days, and it has not improved, nor have we had success in arranging to return the mattress. This return is only for the mattress, not the foundation which we find wonderful.

April 26, 2015. I called AAFES customer service and spoke with an agent, explaining what the problem we had with the mattress, and how we had been told to return the king mattress for credit and purchase two twin long plush mattresses to use on the foundation. I was given the following item #6609426 and told it would cost 1998.00 + 100.00 for oversized shipping. The order was made online that day. We received the order confirmation email that evening and it was item # 6609423 for 1 (one) Serta Trump Home I Series AlvaniPlush Adjustable Mattress Set. We called the next day first thing to make sure that the correct items were ordered.

April 27,2015. I spoke with another representative who told me that the order in the computer was for 2 twin plush mattresses, but I had been given the incorrect item # and price. The item # was for a queen size mattress and he could not determine where the price I had been given came from. I was assured that I would receive 2 twin long mattresses and the pick up and return of the king mattress would be accomplished then. At this point I believed that in about 10-14 days I would receive 2 twin long mattresses and be rid of the King. We were charged for the twin mattresses at this time on the Star card in the amount of $2649.00.

April 30,2015. Local repairman came to our home and replaced soundproofing foam on both of the massage motors on the Ergo Adjustable Foundation. Advised me on how to prevent our bed frame from rattling when the massage was engaged. May13, 2015. Delivery of order # ** Way bill # ** Tracking # ** was attempted by Home Direct, but I refused the order as it was for only one twin bed, mattress and foundation not 2 twin long plush mattresses. It was not even removed from the truck. I signed all the appropriate documents receiving copies of the refusal. I then called customer service and spoke with ** informing her of the refusal of delivery of incorrect items and canceling that order. I was informed I could not order just 2 twin long mattresses but must buy the complete bed, mattress and foundation. We do not want 2 separate beds. I wanted to return the King mattresses and replace it locally.

She indicated she would submit the issue to the escalation department and call me back in 48 hours with the answer. I received an email from ** not an hour later informing me: "Please be advised in regards to your order for item 6609472 Serta Icomfort Sleep System you would have to pay for the return shipping since the item was not received damaged or defective. You can mail the item back to Speed Commerce Attn: Exchange Online Returns 10300 Sanden Drive Dallas Tx 75238. AAFES will only pay for return shipping if the item is received damaged or defective per the policy online (see attached link). If you should have any questions you may contact me directly. Have a great day and thank you for shopping with the Exchange".

This is the type of service I have received during the entire time I have been trying to resolve this issue. Mail the item back, well the post office does not take King sized mattresses. Can't take it to my local exchange, they don't handle those returns, despite what is posted on the link she referenced. May14,2015. I decided enough was enough, and we would return the item to Sanden Drive ourselves. We would rent a truck, get a king sized mattress box to protect it from damage and drive to Dallas. It is just over 2 hours from our home and we were sick and tired of the run around. But before I reserved a truck and bought a box I thought to call Home Direct to verify they would take the item. I spoke with ** and learned that I can't take it back myself. They need a waybill number for returns and no non-employees are allowed at the docks.

As she listened to my frustration from being stymied in all directions she advised me to contact upper management at AAFEES Headquarters. On May 15,2015 I called the customer service number after allowing myself a cool down period, and ** was the first customer service representative I spoke with, I immediately requested upper management and was transferred to ** (22 minutes into the call). I explained the issue, and she stated she needed to call Serta and placed me on hold. She returned with a non answer of "We do not offer exchanges". I once again requested upper management (32 minutes into the call). I then spoke with **, who started with the same answer, so I asked again for upper management (44 minutes into the call) I was returned to ** with ** present, who is a manager (53 minutes into the call) once again explaining the issue.

She told me she would contact Serta and the Warehouse and would call me back. On May 15/16, 2015 called customer service back, asked for ** and spoke with her. She had no answer yet but would call me. I asked for a contact for Headquarters and was given 1 800 527 6790 to call and also her email address since I indicated that I wished to email upper management. On May 23,2015 I have heard nothing from AAFES or Serta since my call a week ago. So I am doing 3 things today, and I am not sure what else in the future. I am sending this description of my experience to **'s email, a printed copy to Thomas C. Shull at his physical address and posting it Consumer Affairs which came up in my search for a way to contact upper management at Headquarter.

I want 3 things accomplished that will resolve this issue: 1) I want to return the Serta Icomfort Sleep System Genius Everfeel Adjustable Mattress and receive a refund to my Star Card for its price; 2) I want a full refund of order# ** which was returned refused because it was not what I had been told I was getting. The order was never taken off the truck; and 3) I want the interest charged to my Star card removed from the account for these to expensive items. The only item that should show on the card is the foundation for Serta Icomfort Sleep System.

Normally I don't write reviews, but I'm so mad I had to. I ordered a TV over a month ago. My status never changed to 'shipped', always saying 'order processing'. I called customer service three times inquiring and they always said "well, it's coming from a vendor so we can not do anything". What?! I bought it from you! So after over a month, I FINALLY get an email saying "your order has been cancelled"... really?! No reason, no sorry, no screw you. I will never, never order from the exchange website again.

I purchase regularly from aafes.com and had my first experience where I needed to make a return of an item that was still new and factory sealed. I read on their site that returns can be done at your local exchange and so I went to our Marine Corps Exchange on base. The employees told me that they do not accept returns from AAFES as they are for profit and the MCX is not. The irony is that AAFES is our required exchange online as the Marine Corps does not have its own site and refers everyone to AAFES. When I contacted AAFES they acknowledged the policy despite not having ANY mention of it online. Having been the 14th day on electronics I would now have to ship it back overnight to one of their warehouses, which they mention on their site NOT to do for computers.

AAFES needs to clarify their return policy on their site, which they proudly claim is clear and simple. If there are exceptions to the rules they need to have it listed. There was not even any fine print, which was the most upsetting part of my experience.

I ordered an Ipad in Nov for Christmas. Bottom line is the shipping date kept slipping, and then it was out of stock even though it was ready for shipment when I ordered it. Customer Service doesn't exist. They are at the mercy of some contractor and can't tell you anything. Complaints to management and the AAFES IG were no help. They don't care either. I ordered one from Target, picked it up at the store an hour later. I suggest they do away with their online ordering, ask Amazon to give military customers a discount equal to the tax savings, and let someone that knows what they’re doing serve military customers. I would not give them one star for a rating.

I placed an order for a 60" TV, wall mount and sound bar mount from AAFES. All items were marked "in stock." The wall mount and sound bar mount showed status changed to shipped that same day. They had a FEDEX tracking number and I received them within 5 days. The TV is a different matter. Its status changed to shipped one day later and a tracking number was provided. After two days I clicked on the tracking number and it showed - item not found. No big deal I thought, the shipping company just hasn't updated the account. Nope. After another 4 days, the tracking number still showed "item not found." So I call AAFES customer service. The rep after checking with her supervisor tells me that the item is in transit to a warehouse close to me and I will receive a notice shortly.

I wait another 6 days and call customer service again to find out if they can give me an idea on when it will arrive. At this point I am told that the order is at a vendor and that vendors have between 14 and 21 days to ship the item. Turns out that is 14 to 21 business days. I did some research and found that a local store would give me the same price, but I would just need to pay the tax, so I call AAFES the next day to cancel the order. At this point I am told to wait and they will contact the vendor to see where it is in the process. The rep comes back on and tells me she contacted both vendors and neither can find the order. I then tell her to just cancel the order. She says she will try, bet there is no way to verify if the order is indeed cancelled as it shows as shipped.

I try to explain that this is not my problem as 1 - their site showed the item as in stock with a 3-7 day shipping time. 2 - they sent me a tracking number that shows item not found and after a call to the shipping company, they told me they had no record of the item. 3 - AAFES just contacted their vendors and neither of them had a record of my order. Basically their answer is you need to wait to see, because the item might show up. Turns out they charged my credit card immediately after I placed the order. I have no problem with an order taking several weeks to come - if they are upfront and have an idea of why it isn't being shipped, but in this case they provide a fake tracking number, they have no idea on the item status and just keep blowing a lot of smoke.

I am always greeted with smiles and a "how are you", very good staff. Always polite and even remember me when I come in! Amazing staff. I always try to go to this store in particular in fort drum ny, on Nash blvd bldg t-2140.

I have bought three "high priced" items on Shopmyexchange.com - ALL THREE ITEMS NEVER MADE IT TO ME. It took over 90 days to give me a refund after initially calling them to complain. I should not have to wait 90 days before I receive a refund. I have been calling every other day for 90 days but all I get is the run around... "Oh it’s with the vendor, oh we are waiting on USPS, oh now we are waiting for FedEx, oh now we are waiting for Apple"... No one ever knows what to say. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN!

I created this account because I wanted to let everybody know these negative reviews are true. Anytime I decide to order from a website I almost always look at the reviews, but this time I thought "Well this is a military website they can be trusted." Boy was I wrong. On December 6, 2014 I ordered a Simmons beautyrest mattress for $874.00. I left my house to go grab something to eat and I noticed a temperpedic store hosting a sale. I went in and asked a few questions and to my surprise I found a nicer bed for about $200 less than what I had paid for. So I immediately went back home and cancelled my order.

Fast forward two weeks I called and asked for the status of my refund and they said it would take about two weeks before I could get the refund. I said okay and gave it about 2 to 3 weeks. I still had not received the refund. I explained to the service rep that I gave it a good amount of time before I called again and they said they could not tell me where my shipment went or anything. Long story short it took 2 months to get the money refunded and in between time there were multiple calls and runarounds. I will never order online again! This is a warning people. You may or may not get your money back in a timely manner.

I ordered an Apple Computer for my spouse's birthday. I followed the trail through the ordering process (selecting the item, adding to the cart, declaring it was a gift, providing payment data, etc. etc.) The checkout page stated 3-7 business days. That will work, I thought, even on the outside, the gift will still arrive in time. Ten days later, no gift. No birthday present. No happiness. No word.

I called AAFES to inquire. Apparently orders to AAFES vendors requires additional business days (14 minimum) and that all of this information was available on the AAFES website. It just is not intuitive and was not presented during the ordering process. Perhaps if I had no life and felt like surfing every internet page AAFES maintains, then perhaps I might have come across that data. When I asked to speak to a manager, I hung up after 20 minutes on hold. Strike 1: for misrepresenting when I should expect delivery. Strike 2: for communicating it was really my fault for not ferreting out the true delivery details.

The order also triggered their Fraud Department... where it languished for 8 days. Now remind you, this is a gift and is so designated on the order. Perhaps a reasonable person could relate and help expedite the process. However, only after I complained to customer service eight days later, did I finally receive a contact from the Adrienne ** in their Fraud Department. She still wanted verification, I was real. So my initial order, my follow-up and my rebuke of their failure was not enough to prod them to acknowledge I was legit and to process the request. I asked for a supervisor to call me. Adrienne **'s response was for me to call them and ask for a supervisor. Not too bright. Strike 3: The order continued to waste away with the Fraud Department at the end of the day so I voted with my feet and cancelled the order.

The value of the AAFES mantra they save me the sales tax comes nowhere close to the cost of my time and frustration. Hopefully, the light from this post will cause them to wake up and count their lost customers.

Today I received an email saying 25% off Under Armour. I love Under Armour. However, just yesterday I placed an order and almost all the athletic clothes for women were "out of stock". So I thought, well maybe they got some new stock and I went to the site, same thing today, "out of stock". Things being "out of stock" is just the tip of the iceberg with my complaints, but I'll limit it to just a few. I ordered a TomTom running watch for my husband for Christmas, I think I ordered it early December. It is still "being processed" and it's 17 Feb along with one other thing I ordered; 4 things were just cancelled without notifying me and I received 5 things. It's crazy how unreliable ordering from shopmyexchange.com has become.

Made order 23 January, just received word that will finally be delivered on February 11. Also, live on 2d floor of apartment and was told that since delivering company isnt bonded, they would only be allowed to deliver to bottom of stairs (im on 2d level). I have purchased in store items before and were delivered to apartment. Terrible customer service. No longer will order online.

So I ordered a Michael Kors bag for my mom on December 12. It was stated as in-stock, ready to ship, and would arrive before December 24. I also ordered some makeup for myself. I live in Missouri, but was heading out of town to do Christmas with the family, and had the items shipped to our reunion spot. I got to town for Christmas on the 19th and saw that my makeup had been delivered, but no purse. I called the next day and was told that the item was out of stock and they had no estimated ship date. I asked that they just let me pick out a different one and that they upgrade the shipping for me. But I was told that I would have to pay the difference in product price, pay for the shipping upgrade, and they still could not guarantee that it would arrive before Christmas.

I cancelled the order and found the bag locally, where I ended up paying over twice as much, but at least had a gift for my mom for Christmas. She loved the bag, so I was satisfied enough with that. OVER A MONTH LATER, on January 17th, I notice a charge from AAFES on my credit card. They charged me for the purse and sent it to my vacation spot! I live 5 states away! I called and asked what the heck was going on, and have been back and forth with them for 10 days now. They have put me through the ringer telling me to call people I know in that state and have them go by the location and see if it's there. They told me they were sending FedEx out there to see if the package was still there (which they never did). They told me that I need to file a claim with FedEx for an undelivered package, then they said they were waiting on the escalations dept to process the refund.

They told me TODAY that unless they get the purse back, I'm not getting a refund.... EXCUSE ME?!? I cancelled an order a month ago, then you decide after a month to send the item to a spot where I vacationed a month ago, and you are holding ME responsible for the merchandise?!? Yes, that's exactly what they're doing. I told them I was going to file it with my bank, so they waited exactly 10 days... Because the window to file a debit card dispute with a bank is 10 days. Thank God they're just too dumb to piece together the fact that when I say "with my bank", I actually means with Visa, because it's a bank Visa credit, not bank Visa debit. I mentioned to them on the 19th that I wanted to file with my bank because I was concerned about missing the window to file. They asked me not to do that, and to let them handle it.

They waited exactly 10 days, then told me I was SOL. Wow, they are truly thieves. Not once did they call or email follow-up as they promised. I will NEVER EVER deal with them again, and I plan on making sure that they are reprimanded thoroughly, enough to never treat a customer in this way again. I will be taking this absolutely as far as possible. I think that more people need to take this up with their banks, the police, their CC companies, and the Better Business Bureau. This company thinks they can get away with anything. They stole from me. I do not have the purse they shipped to a random location, I have a charge for it on my credit card, and to me, if you take my money and give me nothing, that's stealing.

Over the past four weeks, I have placed three orders with AAFES. Each one of these orders has had issues. I originally ordered for a Movado watch on December 27th that was on special and had an additional 24 hour discount on watches. I was excited to have found this watch at a wonderful price. The order listed as processing. I contacted AAFES two weeks after the order was placed and was informed that they would look into it. I received an email today indicating: "I am sorry to inform you that we have just been notified by the vendor that this item is no longer available and your order has been cancelled." I placed an order for a purse on January 10th and have received notice that the purse is on backorder with no anticipated date of when it might be back in stock. Today I placed an order for another purse and two hours later received notification that my order has been cancelled because the item is not available.

This is very frustrating and gives me no confidence and that my orders placed on AAFES will actually be delivered. I requested to speak with a supervisor, after waiting 22 minutes, Kerri informed me that there was nothing that they could do about any of these issues. After questioning her specifically about the watch and if AAFES could offer a similar item for the same discount, she indicated that the best she could do was give me 10% a watch. She seemed quite annoyed as she rambled off the tag lines, thanking me for being a customer. Although I appreciate the opportunity to shop at AAFES online and some of the wonderful prices available, I will be hesitant to place any future orders. It has become too unpredictable and too frustrating.

AAFES Company Profile