2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Bellmore, NY

4.3/5 (269 ratings)

About Worldwide Puppies and Kittens

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has been placing puppies and kittens in loving homes for over the last 13 years. We have a beautiful location in Bellmore New York, with private viewing rooms that you and your family can spend time with a cute puppy or kitten. At Worldwide Puppies & Kittens we specialize in micro and toy sized puppies, such as Yorkshire Terriers, white Maltese, Long haired and short haired Chihuahuas and Imperial Shih-Tzu Puppies to name a few! We also offer a wide selection of medium to large sized puppies, such as Pomkys, Mini goldendoodles, English Bulldogs & Boxers. Come see us Today to take home your new best friend!

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

Original review: May 11, 2019

We were looking for a puppy and checked out a few places and ended up at Worldwide and bought the puppy from them. They have the dog that we are looking for, which is a Victorian Bulldog. They were very cordial when I went there. They allowed us to play with the puppy in a little room for about a good 20 minutes to see if that was something that we wanted to do. We had left the store and came back right before they closed to purchase the puppy. The paperwork was pretty simple. They gave us everything that we needed for the vets, so everything was a pretty smooth transition. The new puppy is a handful. You gotta constantly watch it and everything else that goes along with being a parent. But I love him to death.

Original review: May 4, 2019

We had a dog before. He’s a little Rat Terrier, like a small Chihuahua. We had him for 14 years and he was part of our family. When he died, it was really impactful on us. My mom and my sister were really crushed about that. They wanted a new puppy and from the last puppy, we know how to take care of them more and how to give dogs a better life. We didn’t know that before so now, we’re taking care of them more.

We saw the puppies of Worldwide Puppies outside. We saw how adorable they were and we just went inside. The people in there were really cool. They helped us along the process and it was a good experience. It was also a pretty quick process. It didn’t take long before we got the puppy. His name is Charlie. My mom and my sister said he was the one, and they just went on there on emotion. He was the oldest one in there and he's really lovable. He doesn’t like to fight and he has a huggable nature. He’s like a baby. If you don’t want a baby, like a real human baby, get a puppy. They are like babies and they stay a baby all the time. Even if they’re walking, they still wanna be carried around like a baby. It’s a lot of responsibility though. You have to feed them and take them out everyday. We also recommended Worldwide Puppies and Kittens to a friend and they got a puppy too.

Original review: April 27, 2019

There aren't a lot of places near me that have kittens as they're usually dog places. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens advertised that they have both, and we called to see if they had a certain breed we were looking for, which they did. We went in and they had two Russian Blues. They gave them to us both at once ‘cause they were sharing the same cage, and we chose the female over the male. The male was very hyper and the female was like it was sleeping on us, and that formed the connection for my wife. We wanted a more mellow but personable cat, and this one ended up being really people-friendly, so we made a good choice. She’s definitely bringing out all the smiles around. Having a pet that small, cute and people-friendly is always warming to a household. Worldwide was a little pricey, but other than that, they were fantastic. I’d completely recommend it to anyone that is looking to get a kitten or a puppy.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have an autistic child and I also have a typical 14-year old who was dying to have a pet. I did some research on cats to see which breed of cat would be very friendly, and we found a ragdoll kitten which I've never heard of before. They are known for being really friendly and easygoing. So, we looked around to see if we could find one and Worldwide Puppies and Kittens had them. We got an outrageously expensive but beautiful kitten. The kitten is extremely friendly like a puppy and it needs a lot of care and attention. I love cats but I haven't had a cat for many years so I forgot what it's like to have a kitten and it's like having a baby in the house.

When we went to the pet shop to get the kitten, it was a really busy day and I wished that we have had more customer service. The staff left us alone too long and there were a couple of kittens I wanted to see but it was hard to get their attention. And even when they were trying to complete the sale, they stopped the sale two or three times to talk to other customers. I work in a daycare and when families bring children, then I have to spend a lot of time and attention. Unless something is really critical that needs my time and attention, I don't stop working with the family to help a different family or to do something else. Also, other people there that day were rude. They walked over right in the middle of my time with somebody and say, "Excuse me, can I see that puppy? Can I do this?" But beyond that, the staff were friendly. The kitten and the puppies look like they're really clean and well cared for, and the store is really organized.

Original review: April 24, 2019

When it was time to get a dog, I didn’t wanna get one just anywhere and not know the background, so I researched where to get good breed dogs. My best friend got her bulldog from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens seven years ago and had a good experience. The bulldog has been healthy and good, too. So, I decided to buy from them as well.

I was looking for a Bernedoodle or something mixed with a poodle. I know they don’t shed as much as short-haired dogs. I almost got a Bernedoodle but it was too expensive for me. And when I was leaving, I saw the Goldendoodle which cost less than what they were asking for the Bernedoodle. I fell in love with the Goldendoodle and bought him. The person that helped me was very nice and pleasant, too. I looked at three different dogs before I decided on the Goldendoodle and she was really patient. So far, my dog is adjusting very well. I've had him for two months and he’s 90% potty-trained.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is a block away from where my fiancé lived. I was recovering from cancer treatment and I thought it would cheer me up to see puppies and kittens. I thought I would go in and just be surrounded by all those cute little faces and all that positivity. I wasn’t intending to really purchase anything. I simply played with kittens for the enjoyment of it. So my process was very organic. When I saw a kitten, I asked if I could check it and they took me into a room. Then I saw how it works there. I simply enjoyed pointing at kittens and then playing with them. That was good for them too. They got out of their cages and played around a little it. It was a lot of fun.

Because Worldwide Puppies and Kittens had every breed, I asked if they had black or dark-colored ones too. They said they actually have what they call Smoky Persian and they said they could bring her out. I said I was happy to take a look at her. Maybe she was two months old at the time and out of all the kittens, she was the only one that wasn’t afraid of me. She was interested in me. She wasn’t aloof and she was happy to play. She liked being petted too. She was just this fearless little bundle of joy. It was her personality above her breed and how beautiful she was that grabbed me. A week went by and I kept thinking about how joyful, fearless and friendly she was. She was very lovable. I went back a week later but before I asked for her, I played with six more kittens. I just pointed out different kittens just for fun and they told me a little bit about each kitten.

Then I asked if they still had the little Smoky Persian and they said yes. Then they brought her out from the back. I thought I could get myself to not adopt her by looking at more kittens but as soon as I saw her, I lit up and I thought it was meant to be. I adopted her by myself and at first, I wasn’t sure how my fiancé was gonna take it. But he absolutely adores her. He can’t wait to see her and he can't get enough of her. He plays with her. I also have an older kitty that I adopted in college from an animal shelter and he has been a lot more energetic since she’s been around. I’m also very happy to see her when I come home. She runs up to the door and greets me. So I think she improved the quality of life of everyone in my household. She’s just wonderful.

There were just a few things that they didn’t make clear to me before I adopted her. They didn’t explain that there were gonna be additional fees, not that I had a problem with any of it but nobody broke it down for me. After I signed all the paperwork, they were like, “Oh, and by the way...” After I saw the final cost that I had to pay right there, I was kinda stunned by it. I didn’t realize it was gonna come to that much money. My heart was pounding a little bit because I thought that this is how much she cost and I figured there would be a little bit of taxes. But they were also great because they brought her around in this nice box with a little ribbon on it. I got some cat food too. I didn’t know that I was even gonna get any freebies with it.

My only other concern was that there was a tower of cat cages and it was really close to the door where people kept coming in and out. It was still winter at the time and I noticed the kitten at the bottom was getting a constant cold draft. Its eyes were watery and it didn’t look so good. That put me off a little bit but I brought it to someone's attention. That aside, the place was great. It was clean and everybody looked happy and healthy. The staff was friendly too. Everybody was nice whenever I went in there.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We never had a cat before, so we were interested in getting one. My friend referred me to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and I found it online. We talked about it and we took a drive, and I ended up taking one home. The new kitten's name is Cleo and she is a Bengal. She is tiny. When we got her, she could only breathe from one nostril. The other one was clogged for some reason. I fell in love with her and I wasn't gonna stand there and turn around, so we took her. We talked to the vet because surgery was first recommended, but she was too little. Nonetheless, Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was a good place compared to the other ones that I have seen despite what happened with her. They were all so clean. It has been crazy since we added Cleo into the family. We had three dogs, then we added her. We didn’t know if it was gonna work, but it fit in great. She gets along with them wonderfully, so she is a great addition to the family.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My son wanted a cat but we live in Delaware where we don’t have a lot of pet stores. We only have shelters and we didn’t want a sheltered pet because you don’t really know what you’re getting. Then we happened to be in New York for our grandmother’s funeral and I saw that there was a pet shop there. We got a white Persian kitten with blue eyes and the process of choosing her was instant. We had already looked around from seeing her online. We just had to go in and see if she was there. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was also really good in assisting us through the process. We did the financing and we were satisfied with that as well. Our kitten is going on six months now and she's kinda high-maintenance but it’s been okay for the most part. We also found out last week that our daughter is allergic to her so she’s not allowed to play with her.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens seemed pretty good so I wound up buying a Rottweiler with excellent health condition from them. Dealing with them was really nice. Their reps were pretty good and very friendly.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens had the puppy that I wanted. The puppy is great but I'm not happy with their adoption process. I spent an extra thousand dollars at Worldwide for no reason. I had to buy a special dog food which was half the price somewhere else and I had to buy other stuff that the puppy never had. They said it had to come with the puppy if I take her home. Also, they recommended a vet and that guy is a rip-off. It takes 40 minutes from my house to get to the vet. I went there twice, and I didn't go there anymore. It cost me three times more her shots there than it did somewhere else. I also got her fixed and that vet was charging me three times the amount than the other guy.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We happened to pass Worldwide Puppies and Kittens a couple of times. We went in and the people were very nice and informed. We bought a Cavachon puppy. Other than being a crazy, wild puppy like Cavachons normally are, the puppy's fine. Everything went great with the process and they suggested purchasing puppy supplies or food from them which was partially within the price. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens has been very helpful and good to deal with, so we've been going back ever since. We now take our other dog there to get grooming services.

Original review: April 10, 2019

My son asked me 100 times every day for a Maine Coon, and with Worldwide being the only place to have it, I decided to go with them. The type of cat that they had was perfect, however, the price was not too good. When I spoke to the lady on the phone, she said they have cats in the range of 400 to 1,100. When I got there the night I bought the Coon, they said the one that they had was 2,000 something. And then, they also said I had to spend another 200 for the chip. When I left, I spent 2,300, which I never expected. But I've been searching for that type of cat, so I decided to get it. If I could have gotten it somewhere else, though, I would have.

I would still recommend Worldwide. The kittens that they sell are of the correct breed. I got a straight Maine Coon. It's not a mixed. I had one before, so I know a lot about them. Also, the Coon that they gave me is only eight months, and it's 20 pounds already. They top out at 29 pounds. This is a big cat and if you look at it, he's big but not fat, it's proteins. And it's healthy. I brought it to the vet for a first visit and a second visit, and there was no problem. The only thing is, Worldwide should tell people over the phone about the range and the prices that they have before the customers reach them. I drove all the way from the Bronx to get to them. And whatever price they told me that night, I was gonna leave out of there with this kitten. When you fall in love with something, you don't walk away, regardless. The cat is like another family member now and my son and my wife are happy.

Original review: March 23, 2019

We had a dog before, a Boxer, that passed away and the house was really empty. The kids wanted another dog. I was doing some research online for a good store and found out that I’m not too far away from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. We went there for a couple of days and it was clean, the people were nice and they gave me a lot of information about the different dogs that they had. It was a good experience. We then got a puppy and it was very easy. Sometimes kennel cough is an issue for pet stores but the puppy I got had no issues.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My nephew got to pick up a dog at Worldwide Puppies. They were there for a while and then he called me. I was there to sign some papers for the financing. I went through the paperwork and the staff was really helpful. It went pretty smoothly and they were happy getting the puppy there. It’s a cute little puppy.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I googled "Abyssinian Kitten Long Island" and boom, it was available at Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I filled out my information and they called me back saying they had a batch of kittens available. I saw a few kittens on Craigslist and other sites but nothing was quite as accessible and it didn’t seem as legit. When we first put in our deposit with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens though, they said that the kittens were still not big enough and that they have to be at least two pounds before they could give them to us.

They told us to expect it to be 10 days to two weeks max but it ended up being about three and a half weeks before we were able to get them, which screwed my schedule up because I reserved work off the week. Also, when you have a purebred Abyssinian, they have an ID number of the cat or the cat’s mom and I haven't gotten that yet. They said that they would mail me, which I’ve called and they said it was in the mail but I never received it yet. Still, as far as the health condition of the kittens is concerned, it’s the best. They're the best two animals I’ve ever had and they're totally fearless. Even the moment we got them, they were incredibly social and they came out and greeted us. It was fantastic. They are so well-behaved and they're just really fun and hilarious little guys.

Original review: March 17, 2019

My other cat died and I decided to get another one. I was in the area and was driving by when I chose Worldwide to get a cat from. The cat is an Abyssinian type and it was six months old when I got him. Everything with the process of getting the kitten was good except for two things. The original age they told me was a little different than when I picked him up on the paperwork, in which it was a little older. It was almost two months old. I didn’t want a small cat but it looks like I got a small cat because I thought he was a little younger, but that wasn't a big deal. It was also a lot to confirm some vet visits that were included. It was only to a place that is 15 miles from me, so why would I do that? Nevertheless, my new cat is wonderful and the experience with Worldwide was good.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We fell in love with the dog we got from Worldwide. He is cute. He was five months when we got him. He’s about seven months now and he’s doing fine. He's very healthy and a good dog. Worldwide is great. They gave us a little trial visit with the dog. It was fun and they gave us the dog the next day. They did a good job and I am happy with the dog.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My cat just died so I decided to get a new kitten. I looked at where I can get kittens. I'm in Long Island and in other places far from where I am, they didn’t have stock in store and there are no prices when you walk-in. You have to choose a cat, then they tell you the price. On the other hand, Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was the closest location for me, so I went to look. They had very good service. You choose a kitten after they offer it at the room and we play with each kitten after. I got a Himalayan, it’s Persian and Siamese mix. He is a precious kitten. I love him. It was expensive, but I’m very satisfied with the experience.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairsRated with 1 star
Original review: March 8, 2019

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens have good pets but I had a problem with them. I wanted a new cat and I got a cat from them. I've fallen in love with the cat but it got really sick and they had to write it up as not fit for sale. I had to pick another one because they wouldn’t give me my money back because it was past the 14 days. My eight year old son was heartbroken that we lost the first cat and it’s annoying that the second cat got ringworm. We had to bring him to the vet and I had to give him antibiotics medicine all over his body. Then my son got a ringworm, too. It’s just ridiculous. I still have the cat and we love it. It’s just not fair that it doesn’t matter that you pay the vet’s admission fee. I should have gotten some kind of compensation for having a sick cat or a partial refund dealing with that. You shouldn’t get a sick cat especially if you're paying almost $3,000 for it. I got a cat off the street and I took care of it, and it was never sick like that. I’m very upset.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We wanted a puppy and we heard about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. They had a great name, so we went in and got one. The people there were very informative and they did well. They told us a little about the dog, what kind it was and things to get him in shape, and we decided to get him. We had a beagle and I got to keep him for almost three weeks. However, I found out I had severe allergies through the dog, so I had to give him up. Still, it was a good experience with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I would recommend them to somebody else.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I had a puppy and I wanted to have another one. I was driving past Worldwide, stopped and found that the pricing was right. They put in the puppies in a room with me, one at a time, and it was easy to choose which one to get. I did the financing thereafter with United Consumer. It was a very good experience that we had with Worldwide. Now, my Mini Schnauzer is seven months old and we love her. It's great having her as a new member of our family.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I got a cute little beautiful Corgi from Worldwide Puppies. Our friend told us about them. One of the puppies' paws got stuck in the cage and they were like ripping it out. I felt bad. But I was able to pick my dog on my own. Once I've sat with him in the room I had to get him. I love my dog.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It’s weird getting a dog in a puppy store but as far as puppy stores go, Worldwide was fine. I have no idea where they got their dogs from. But the people there were very good and responsive. I liked them. I got a Maltese and I could see they were treating him well under the circumstances. He was sort of trained to bring things back. I guess they took him out and played with him a lot. They said he had been locked up there for about seven months and nobody bought him. Nobody wanted him. I had been going back almost everyday for a week to play with him. He was terrific and after a week, I bought him.

It’s politically incorrect in New York to tell people to go to a puppy store and buy stuff. But I wouldn’t discourage them. If someone was looking for a dog through a store environment for whatever their reasons are, I would tell them to check this place out. Having a dog is also a commitment that we had long since removed from our lives because one of our dogs died three years ago. So we were sort of getting re-acclimated to that schedule. But we're not getting rid of him. He's 10 months old now and we love him. He’s fun and hilarious.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had been pushing my husband for two years to get a pet and I finally broke him. At first, I was trying to rescue but a lot of the rescues would deny us for an application just because I have a young son. So I went with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. We got a beagle who was on sale and the process was good. We went in the store and they helped us. However, they told me he wasn’t from a puppy mill but when I looked up his breeder, it turned out that it is a puppy mill. They’ve been written up quite a few times too. I had even asked Worldwide multiple times because I was a manager at a rescue. I know what puppy mills are like because we would take and rescue from there. Our beagle has digestive issues but he’s also a puppy. He is seven months old now. So he probably eats stuff that is not good. Nonetheless, he's affected our life positively.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I used to have an English Bulldog that passed away six years ago. It was about time for me to get another one. I looked it up online and looked for the closest places that were selling puppies. I went with Worldwide and then saw how everything was. I asked where the French Bulldog was at, and they showed me. I spotted her right away. Anytime I called Worldwide, they helped out as far as giving me information to the things that I needed. Vanessa, my puppy, will be 11 months on the 21st already. Having her has been positive.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I got a Yorkie from Worldwide on impulse. I wasn’t expecting to take him home but we did. And he has affected our life in the most positive way ever. I love him. I was going through something too and he made it better. I usually like to go and look at the dogs but when I was with my sisters, they told me to take the dog out. My little sister saw him and we fell in love with him as soon as we got him. All my family likes Yorkies. That’s all we’re familiar with so we just decided to go with it. Partially, I was also okay with that because I already had a Yorkie. The process of choosing him was easy and then I financed him. I also purchased my first dog at Worldwide and I have familiarity with them. I've already recommended them too. When I took the Yorkie out, people were asking me where I got him.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I got a German Shepherd pup from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. He was the only German Shepherd they had and that was what I was looking for. They put me in the room with the dog and that was it. But we were supposed to get all kinds of papers about the registration and the breeder in 90 days and it’s way over 90 days now. I still hadn’t gotten anything. I wanted to know the breeder because I’d like to call them up and see what the father and the mother were. Maybe they could send me pictures also. But every time I called, Worldwide Puppies was very non-descriptive of that. It was like they really didn't wanna bother talking to me and it was like I was wasting their time.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have two dogs and wanted another. We looked into a couple of other locations, and Worldwide had a 4.5-star rating of their puppies on their website. They had tons of selections, but I was looking for one type, a Cocker Spaniel. Choosing the puppy we got was a good experience. He is a happy dog and he loves to play. My daughter is in love.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My girlfriend was looking online. She saw the ratings, and Worldwide was what we chose. I got a Rottweiler that is now about six months old. Choosing the puppy was fun, and the reps there were very hands-on. I also took advantage of their special offer.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

After visiting other puppy stores weren’t so satisfying, until I made the right decision going into Worldwide Puppies and Kittens where I found the most cutest puppy, a Mini Goldendoodle. The place is very clean, puppies and kittens are well taken care of, employees are very greeting unlike other places that don’t greet you or don’t even bother you to see if you need help. Great customer service I ever experience. Rosie who attended us was very friendly and patience with us while we kept asking to see each puppy. She was such an amazing person! Great service! Employees like these people make me want to keep coming back. You guys are the best.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Information