2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Bellmore, NY

4.3/5 (269 ratings)

About Worldwide Puppies and Kittens

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has been placing puppies and kittens in loving homes for over the last 13 years. We have a beautiful location in Bellmore New York, with private viewing rooms that you and your family can spend time with a cute puppy or kitten. At Worldwide Puppies & Kittens we specialize in micro and toy sized puppies, such as Yorkshire Terriers, white Maltese, Long haired and short haired Chihuahuas and Imperial Shih-Tzu Puppies to name a few! We also offer a wide selection of medium to large sized puppies, such as Pomkys, Mini goldendoodles, English Bulldogs & Boxers. Come see us Today to take home your new best friend!

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

In the past two years, two of my dogs passed so I wanted to get a new puppy. But when we were at Worldwide, we didn't know what we wanted to do so they kept putting this havanese back and then taking her back again so many times. Then we decided and I’m doing their financing. The process is good. I like it. It’s easier than laying out all the money upfront. It’s like a monthly payment and I’m also just saving because I’m hoping to pay it off sooner. Luna is four months old now and she’s a lunatic. She runs around like crazy and I look forward to coming home.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I’m a dog lover. One of my dogs passed away in May. I gave myself time to grieve and then I just wanted another one. The other dogs are more for my wife so I needed one for me. Worldwide was great. Their reps were very knowledgeable and really nice. They let me spend time with the dog and made sure she was a right fit. I put a down payment. Then they held Nina, a Victorian Bulldog, until I came back from vacation, and I visited her almost every weekend with the kids. She’s nine months now and she’s good for the most part. She’s still scared, but it takes time. She’s perfect. I have recommended Worldwide.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Updated on 10/15/2019: At 14:51 this afternoon I received a call from a female member of the store, claiming that she wanted to touch base with us, after reading my post about them, when BUTTONS Died on the 10th (17 Days) after we bought her. On the 10th, they offered a 10% Discount if we bought another puppy. Today they increased to to 50% off another puppy. I told her that they were crazy as hell, that I wanted a full refund, that I have already contacted the NYC State Attorney General Office, and as far as I was concerned now, they can go straight to hell.

Anyone who has common sense should know that, someone spends $2307.14 for a puppy expects a long time with their new family member, not for it to die 17 DAYS LATER. Something was wrong with her that our vet did not even know about when we took her in approx 48 hrs. After we bought her, as I told the representative of the store today I do not want another sick puppy from them. I want my money back, and hope that the Attorney General Office can and will help not only me and my wife, but anyone else who has dealing with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens.

Original Review: My wife and I stopped in on 10/23/19 and fell in love with the female Zuchon puppy and although she was very expensive $2307.14 we still bought her and had a 1 year health warranty. On 10/10/19 she passed away 17 days after we bought her. I called the store and a manager came on the phone and told me that if we wanted to buy another puppy that they would give us a 10% Discount. With that insult I hung up the phone before cussing her out. They do not care about the customers.

I tried calling the State Attorney General's Office Today along with the Consumer's Office and due to Today being a Holiday they were closed. I left a message asking for them to call me back. I will follow up with Both offices again Tomorrow. This Business Needs to be Closed by the State and The Owners and Managers fined and or jail time for the way they do Business. I also wrote a letter to the owner asking for a full refund. NO ANSWER FROM THEM. Run Far Away From This Store. If you wish you or anyone can contact me by email ** Or phone **.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I was looking into trying to return the puppy that we got from Worldwide, but I don’t think that’s possible. I was searching, and I don’t think they have a return policy. So, I really don’t think there is anything they can do. I googled it, and I saw all these bad reviews. I should have done more research, but Worldwide was the first one around, and it was the closest to our house. We just moved into the area. My kids kinda fell in love with the dog on the website. So, we went, took a look, and we ended up coming out with the puppy.

We got a Cavaton and we named her Jessie. We bought it about a month ago, and it’s been all right, but both of my kids have gotten really sick. I’m not sure what it could’ve been. Maybe it’s the different environment, but we took it to the vet, and they had this thing. She had a feces test, and so she had something that required treatment. Worldwide had decided they were gonna pay for it, but it’s been a bigger hassle than it has joy. We went to the vet, and the appointment that they gave us was within a week after we bought it. It’s been a month, and we’re supposed to go back again to see if the treatment worked. But the dog seems very hostile. So, my kids don’t even wanna go near her, and it’s so sad. It’s been a big nightmare. I’ve been trying to find other people that would take this dog in.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

My husband had previously gotten a cat from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. This time, we got a Russian Blue from them. We told them that we have allergies in the house and asthma, and they told me Russian Blues are hypoallergenic. Their fur doesn’t really fall out like that. My daughter saw the puppy and fell in love with him. His name is Bam-bam and he’s about five months. He is great. The kids play with him and when he’s tired, he just lies down. I did financing and the process was all easy. I had a really good experience with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

We love Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. Our experience was great. My daughter saw the puppies advertised online, and we were looking for a female German Shepherd puppy. And then when we went there, the female was sold the day before and another male was sold. The one we got was the only German Shepherd in there that was left, and we fell in love with him. He's a month old and we named him Phoenix.

Worldwide's staff was good. They let us sit in a room with him, and they worked with us. I’ve always been around dogs, and I lost my Boxer Shepherd a couple of years ago. We used to live in an apartment and now we’re living with my dad, and I have a six-year old grandson and we wanna get him accustomed to pets. So, we will love Phoenix.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

My daughter wanted a cavapoo puppy and we got it from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I only went there to run my credit. Everything else was my daughter's choice. The dog is three months now and he's part of the family.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We were looking at shelters and we figured we would find a dog that was down and out and give it a home. We wanted a small dog, but the people at the shelters didn't know what the dogs' breeds were and they couldn't tell us how big they would get. We went to a number of different shelters but it wasn't going to work so we started looking at online at breeders. Through our own research, we found out that pretty much 80% of online breeders are fraudulent and as for the other 20% that are not and are legitimate, you would have to wait until the spring until they have new litters in order to get a puppy that way. We then started looking in pet stores.

We went to Worldwide Puppies on Sunrise Highway in Bellmore and we saw a little puppy but we weren't really hooked. We looked around. We also went to a couple of other places. My younger daughter then said to go back and take a look at Worldwide again as they keep getting new dogs in. We went back and the same puppy was there. We started playing with it and it almost sought us when we came in. We got hooked and we wound up buying it.

Our puppy is a Peagle named Bailey. He’s a combination of a beagle and a Pekingese. He’s into everything and he eats everything. He is affectionate, likes to go out a lot, needs and a lot of exercise. Having Bailey is like having a baby. It kinda restricts your movement but it’s fun. We’re thoroughly happy. Worldwide Puppies was very thorough in what they did with us including all the paperwork they gave us. We have no complaints.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I was looking for a specific breed of cat because I’ve had a cat before, but me and the cat's breed just didn’t mesh together well. I did some more extensive research on my own to figure out what breed of cat would fit me, and it was a Russian Blue. So, I went digging around online looking for a place that had a Russian Blue kitten because I wanted a kitten, not a full-grown cat. That was when I came across Worldwide Puppies and Kitten, and saw that they had a few Russian Blue kittens that I could look at. I gave them a call and they told me I could come in. I went in the next day and that’s when I found my little kitten. They let me spend time with her and I ended up buying her. They said in order for me to take her home, a certain amount has to be paid off, and I didn’t feel like going through all those steps. So, I just I bought her outright and brought her home. Everything was great.

She’s seven months now. She’s full of energy, and she likes to play. But her general disposition once she grows up is very calm, loving. She does her own thing and then when she’s ready for some petting, she’ll come and get my attention. I work from home, so I’m filled with terms. So, when I’m doing my thing, she can do her thing. And then when I’m just sitting here, she’ll come over and she’ll meow and hop on my lap. Having this new cat does work wonders. I’m an unfortunate ex-convict and they said pet’s therapy was a good way to help come out of the depression and stuff that comes from it. And my kitten has definitely helped out a lot. I had a good experience with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens, overall. They gave me everything I needed and they had a whole package deal set up.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Choosing my pet at Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was quick and simple. It was easy to find the breed I wanted. Now, everyone's enjoying the puppy I got. We like it.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We’re very happy with Worldwide Puppies. When we went in, it was clean and the people were very pleasant. I was very impressed. We got a poodle as easy as 1-2-3 and we are so grateful.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Worldwide's website was pretty easy and straightforward. There was a lot of selections and new puppies coming in too from different breeders. Worldwide was amazing throughout the process of me getting a mini goldendoodle. Jet is amazing. He’s a fun ball. The overall process was pretty easy and smooth. I liked it. I was referring them to other people that kept asking me where I got the dog from.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I drive past Worldwide from my workplace and I figured one day I would go with my mother. She wanted a labradoodle, but when we walked in and looked around, we saw a Pekingese beagle staring at my mom. She wanted to play with her and the minute that she got her hand, that was it. We adopted her. Worldwide had a package deal in which you got the kennel, some food and some toys and I paid everything upfront. Our dog is a very lively one, so we're always on our toes with her, but overall, we're extremely satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

We bought a new house and wanted to add a new member to the family. I searched online and was looking for a specific cat breed. Worldwide was the only store that actually had Ragdolls, and we ended up getting two kittens from them. I got the Ragdolls when they were nine weeks old, and now, they're four months older. I bought two female Ragdolls but it turned out one of them was a male. They’re siblings. I don’t mind having a male and a female, it's just they told me it was two females. At any rate, the people at Worldwide explained everything, how it worked, and how the APR worked. And then I decided to pay the whole thing off once I found out the APR was 36%. Overall, Worldwide was very helpful to me.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

A friend went to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens to buy a puppy and she recommended us to them. They had a lot of options so choosing was kinda hard but we got the one we wanted – a Morkie. Plus they were helpful. Whatever questions we had, they answered. The process was easy.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My son is happy. He and his girlfriend were looking at a purebred Russian Blue cat and since my son has allergies to cats, we went with that breed. It's hypoallergenic. Worldwide Puppies and Kitten had the purebred that he wanted so we went with them and the process was simple and easy. The puppies and cats were healthy, friendly and clean. Everybody there was also very knowledgeable about their animals.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

We had been shopping for a golden retriever and there weren’t too many out there in the other places we had gone to. We saw this dog from Worldwide and we just fell in love. They only had this one. We did see some others, but after seeing this one, we just knew it was the one. The salespeople were a little young, but they handled it. Everything went very smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I got a dog from Worldwide and finding what I was looking for was easy. Someone guided me through the process.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We got our little Hope from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens about two months and a half ago, and everything has been going great. My son has been asking me for a dog for forever but I would always say no. Now, he’s old enough to do it on his own and I thought it was time for a change of energy in the house, so when he asked me this time, I said yes. He did all the research and we were looking for Morkies. When he went to Worldwide, he saw Hope, a Maltese, and the dog just came running up to him. He then felt like she’s the one. She picked him, and so he picked her. And then Worldwide has financing, so we took the financing.

Hope is now coming on three months and she’s really little. She’s all white with a little bit of apricot by her ears and at the top of her head. And though there were many days that I would ask why did I ever say yes to getting a dog, Hope is just adorable and the boys love her. And she adores both my boys, too. My younger son has been away for the weekend and Hope was waiting for him to come home. It was the cutest thing. And she had this bed that we got her but she didn’t like sleeping in it. We didn’t get rid of it because she still likes to sit on it, lay on it and play with her toys on it. Last night, she dragged it all the way from where her pen is to my son’s bedroom door and dropped it in front of my son’s bedroom door and lay there. It's big and she’s just like a little four-pound-peanut. She fought with it and she dragged on. I videotaped it, and it’s about four and a half minutes. I was like, where is she going with this thing?

She took a rest, then stopped halfway, and she got in and started playing. She was growling and was turning it. She was rolling around it, and she was falling out of it. I have never seen her do anything like that before. And then, she went all the way to the end of the hall, to my son’s door. She loves to go under his bed and then she won’t come out. I don’t even know what’s underneath his bed, but she comes out with something new all the time – chopstick, gum. So, we have to keep the door closed so she can’t go under the bed, and she just sat there waiting.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Worldwide Puppies had better reviews when I went online and Googled pet sources. I saw the Russian Blue kitten and we took it. I’ve had it for four months. We like it and it has made life better.

Original review: July 4, 2019

We used to have two Boxers and we had to put one of the dogs down. We decided we wanted another dog and Worldwide Puppies made the process of getting my pet easy. We went and saw the dogs in the afternoon and we were able to pick them up at night after doing the paperwork.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I wanted a new puppy for emotional support and I wasn't finding anything that we were looking for as far as to adopt. We were looking for something small and hypoallergenic. Then I happened to be out at Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and it was a spontaneous thing. I paid for the puppy with my credit card. The interesting thing was the paperwork. I was told the father was a toy poodle and the mother was supposed to have been a Bichon. But every time I see a vet or people in the dog industry like trainers and in pet stores, everybody says it's Havanese. I don't know if there was some kind of mistake. I see pictures online and I compare the two. My dog doesn't seem to look anything like Bichon. Still, she's great company. I went through a traumatic thing and she definitely helps fill that void. I would recommend Worldwide Puppies.

Original review: June 29, 2019

We were riding by Worldwide and I thought of going in. I didn’t have any intention of getting a puppy, but when I saw BJ, I fell in love. He was just too cute to leave. He’s a French Bulldog. He’s all white and has some light beige streaks on his back and ears. He’s about 4 months old now. Since I've had him, my life has been a lot more active than it has been. I’ve already recommended everyone who's seen him to Worldwide. They all want one, too. I also got financing through Worldwide and it went quickly.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had always wanted a cat for years but I have really bad allergies. And then, I found out there was a hypoallergenic breed, the Russian blue. I couldn't find any other adoption agency in the Tri-state area that had Russian blue in stock. And then, any breeder who I had contacted in the Tri-state area had a six-month waiting list. And then, it wasn't guaranteed a girl or a boy for a lot of them. The application process was also much longer. But when I called up Worldwide, they had boys and girls in stock. I wanted a boy. But when I got there, the two boys that they had have been adopted. So, they only had girls left, but I really wanted one. So, I got a girl.

I was disappointed with a few aspects. They had some issue with eight weeks old, and they were pretty adamant about her being eight weeks old when I went to go and adopt her. But when I got her information with her birth date with the breeder, and then I brought her to the vet, she was 12 weeks old at the time. And she was also underweight for that age, so I had to put on a pretty special diet just to catch her up. And on top of that, when I picked her up, she had a yeast infection. My first vet visit was about a week after I had her, and she had a pretty nasty yeast infection on both ears. And the doctor didn't know where it's from. Worldwide also did underestimate me when I walked in. I think they didn't think I would spend the amount of money I did on my kitten. So, I really didn't get the attention 'till I said, "Yes, I will take her." And that was a little bit frustrating. But other than that, I'm very happy with this kitten, overall.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Purchasing a puppy from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was easy. We picked a black and white Siberian Husky and got to meet with it. We played around with it a little bit and then Worldwide went over the financials. We bought it the next day and since then, everybody has been happier. We're a little less stressed out. The puppy has blue eyes and a cute face. It has a very nice smile. We had a great experience with Worldwide. Everybody there is knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and kind.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We got a Shar Pei Puggle from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. My boyfriend and I have been looking to get a new puppy for about a year. And we were looking for a particular breed because my brother has this breed. And we were looking around for a while and couldn’t find the breed anywhere. And so, we called Worldwide and they had the breed, and we came in and saw the dog and decided that we were gonna take him home that day. We got him when he was almost around four months. He’s five months now.

Our purchasing experience with Worldwide was fairly easy. We walked in, and we played with our puppy for a while, played with a couple of other puppies, and then we decided for sure we wanted to get that puppy. Having the new puppy is a lot of responsibility. We knew that it was a lot that came with getting a new puppy, but it’s a different experience when you’re actually dealing with the puppy. Our puppy is a little bit stubborn, so it’s a lot of patience. And just wanting to socialize him, so while we’re at work, he goes to doggy day care. He loves it. He loves socializing with dogs. Overall, it was a good experience. It’s my boyfriend and I’s first dog. It’s been good so far.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I love cats but I don't have time for them. Finally, I live alone so I get time to have one. The process of selecting a kitten from Worldwide is good. You can find what you really like and they'll care of it. My new kitten from Worldwide is cute.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I wanted a puppy and got a mini goldendoodle. I was looking for that specific breed because he's hypoallergenic. He's small and cute too. I had gone to Worldwide's website initially. I looked but I figured they wouldn't have what they posted online so I would have to go into the store and see what was available and if I like him or her. I went to the store, played with a few puppies and looked at what they had. It was nice. The staff was friendly too. They were cool. They put us in a room, explained a couple of things and answered our questions. At the time, we were deciding between him or another mini goldendoodle, and I just gravitated towards him. I can't go anywhere now without figuring out what I'm gonna do with him.

The only thing is that he eats his poop. The vet told me that he was probably in cage and they didn't clean up fast enough. That's kind of impossible too when you have a bunch of puppies. But it seemed that he may be eating his poop out of habit. He's getting over that though. We've been doing a couple of things. We're trying to train him and make sure that he doesn't do that anymore. But overall, I was happy with the experience. I think their prices were a little above the norm but I understand they're in the business of making money. They’re pricey but pretty good. We went with the financing.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Let me start by saying I have no experience in the sale of dogs but although I love him very much these are things I didn't like. 1. Kennel cough. If you knew my dog was sick. You should have not sold him until he was well .2. PARASITES in his poop yet again if you did a proper vet visit you would have know he had that and not sold him that way. 3. Very overpriced. I have done my research more and at most 2,300 and not more so I kinda feel they don't post their prices to up them and lower them when they feel like it. I love my baby very much but I wouldn't get another dog from here at all. They were very nice just not HONEST. This is just how I feel about my experience.

Original review: May 15, 2019

We got a puppy from Worldwide. We found them online and we went to see them. Then we left and had dinner and then went back there. The paperwork and stuff seemed to take a bit, but it was fine. The people there were nice. They also gave us a whole bunch of products that were helpful. The puppy had a little bit of kennel cough, but she was good.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Information