4.2/5 (84 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Pet Supplies Plus

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Pet Supplies Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pet Supplies Plus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pet Supplies Plus?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I try to look up a brand for their discount. Then they put every highest price brand and I never get to the brand I want. I quit trying to shop there. Can't get the discount if you don't order online.

Original review: May 3, 2022

DO NOT SHOP AT THIS STORE!!! THE MANAGER IS NEGLECTING ANIMALS! I stopped in for cat food this evening and went back to look at the fish like I always do. I seen a stand-alone tank with a fish that looked partially alive. The MANAGER (Reagan) told me that they were a breeding pair of cichlids and that he was happy it was happening to them because a pair of breeders are supposedly hard on the tanks. I asked what was wrong with them and he said the heaters were not working. (It's a pet store. This is a very very poor excuse and animal neglect. They should have heaters.)

My boyfriend and I had been in a couple weeks prior and looked at these fish. We remarked at how sweet they were. The manager asked me if I wanted the fish. I went up to take a closer look and the one in the front of the tank was dead from what looks like Ich. It was COVERED IN IT!!! THIS WAS GOING ON FOR QUITE SOME TIME! I called my boyfriend to see if he would take them. I went looking for the other fish. The other fish was hiding in a rock and also covered in Ich. Once we realized that the one was dead and the other was hiding because its mate was dead in front of it. I was horrified.

I was on the phone with my boyfriend and turned around and said "I have to leave" this is horrible. I turned and walked upfront with my cat food completely horrified at how they take care of their fish and the manager came up and said he had the right to refuse service and if I didn't leave he would call the cops. I left. I won't be back. I have been a customer of theirs for many years.

There is NO reason for a pet shop to be letting fish die in their store that's open for business. This is animal neglect. They should have been treated for ich and quarantined into a different tank with a sign that said they were not for sale. Most likely they got the Ich from unclean tanks and straight-up neglect. And to not have a warmer in the tank? It's a pet store. They sell tank heaters. Everyone knows cichlids need warmer water than goldfish.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

This review is related to the rewards program that is offered for all members of Pet Supplies Plus. I'm a member since 2018 and the rewards program has not been honored. I supposed to receive a free bag of dog's food for each 10 bags purchased but so far I have received 0 bags. If I consider all the 20lbs food bags that I purchased so far, I should had received 2 or 3 bags already. I can only assume this "rewards" program is a SCAM and the corporate office needs to do something about this.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Greedy Corporate Interest - Buy From The Local Mom/Pop Who Appreciate You. Now on its third owner in three years, their interest is to squeeze every dollar they can with complete disregard for the customer. They are the worst and do not care. So here is my experience from their Black Friday offering. I placed an order for two bags of dog food which I made payment and received confirmation. When I received notice to pick up the order I had gone to the store to do so and noticed there was only one bag. I inquired where the other bag was and the employee indicated that is all they had in stock. He said the other bag would come off of my credit card that was charged. I mention that I prefer to pick up the other bag when it comes in at the Black Friday price. He said sure and made a note to leave with the manager.

The following day I received an email indicating that the bag I picked up was charged at full retail price. I called the store and the manager, April, said there's nothing she can do for coupons or digital orders. I then called corporate who said she will SEE if she could have the store provide the Black Friday price on the bag I picked up, however there's nothing they can do about the second bag. So I have been charged the original Black Friday price for two bags plus the bag I picked up for some reason is now charged at the full retail price. It is a shady operation and have no care for the customer and nor to right a wrong. Will never do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I went to the Pet Supplies Plus location in Waukesha, Wisconsin to give my dog a bath. The bath area looked as though it had not been cleaned in days. The baths were filled with hair from previous baths and the floor was filthy. Also the dryer hose was broken and there was no hot water for the pets. Talked to one employee and she said it was not her job to clean it. The manager never showed his/her face. Also the water container for dogs to take a drink was filthy and full of dirt. Very sorry to see this.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I started to shop at the Upland, CA location and noticed how the employees are only friendly and greet customers who look like them, yet are so RUDE to those who don't share the same features as them.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I hated my experience. I asked to hold a juvenile ball python, the lady in the aisle said, "Only if you are interested in buying it," and I personally think you should be able to hold whether or whether not you are interested to see if you are comfortable handling it.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I took my Teacup Yorkie to Pet Supplies Plus for a full grooming & gland cleaning. I told the groomer how I wanted my baby hair around face low cut but not too low, don't cut her bangs or ponytail...I go back to pick her up bangs cut, ponytail cut. The groomer Sommer said she didn't cut it when you could clearly see it was freshly cut. The body didn't look as if it was cut at all. Maybe a little taking off the body but still had lots of hair around butt area and legs. I talked to the groomer. She says, "Oh I'm sorry. I'm new." If she didn't know what she was doing she shouldn't have never touched her or been left alone to cut. I am pissed off to the max and the fact that she lied about the cut now my baby hair is messed up cause no one was there to fix it and I don't want them to touch her cause I don't trust them now. A bad experience. How can this be fixed..Mad customer.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Purchased a guinea pig back in April. He was sick within couple days. The store helped me. Purchased another one from the same store because he was lonely and we figured we give him a friend. Within 3 weeks the second guinea pig - developed RINGWORM where my daughter who is 5 got it so did I. He also developed a lump on his neck. I took him to the vet. Doctor suggested I return him and/or seek help for him from the store. He need a surgery. And I already spent so much money at vet. Went back to the store the same day and it looks like they cannot help me. Emailed corporate and still no answer. The worst experience ever. I hope corporate sees this message here! THEY SELL SiCK ANIMALS.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I purchased two Angel fish for my established aquarium from Pet Supplies Plus in Champaign, Il store #0185. The next day I discovered one of the Angel fish was dead, so I called the store to determine if I needed to bring the dead fish in as proof to get a replacement. I was then told by the manager that no returns or exchanges are allowed. I have a picture of the dated receipt alongside the dead fish which should be proof enough. She insisted that they were unable and unwilling to make good on the fish nor issue a refund of the purchase price. I will not be spending my money at this store again. We have two other options in this area and I have never had a bad experience with either of them.

Pet Supplies Plus Company Information