1.58/5

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Whiskas Cat Food

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

350 Whiskas Cat Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have a 2-year old Maine Coone cat in perfect health - that is, until she eats Temptations cat treats. She has vomited now 3x after consuming them - the first time, she had intermittent episodes of vomiting for about 5 minutes after eating the treats; however, I didn’t pay much mind, because she never had an issue with other cat treats, appeared to love (LOVE!) them, and was otherwise acting normal. The second time, I noticed a small bit of fur in one pile of the vomit, so I thought perhaps her sudden sickness could be attributed to a hairball. (Again, as before, the vomiting episodes lasted about 5 minutes). The third time, I was far more wary/suspicious, so despite her begging, I only gave her 2 treats (as opposed to 4 or 5). She again got sick multiple times, and upon closer inspection, I noted that her vomit contained two things only - the Temptations, and copious amounts of bile.

I work as a scientist researching drugs to treat human afflictions, but it shouldn’t take a scientist to say that these treats surely contain both toxic and addictive ingredients, and NO living thing should be exposed to them. Shame on Whiskas for the damage they’ve caused to pets and their heartbroken owners. Luckily, my cat is back to full health after discontinuing Temptations treats. I urge you throw yours in the rubbish, even if your cat doesn’t present with rapid symptoms after consuming them. It’s clear that for many cats, the effects are insidious and often don’t appear until it’s too late.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My cats absolutely love their treats. Been giving my cats Whiskers Temptation Essentials Hairball Control Chicken Flavored Cat Treats for 10 years now and my cats have never had any kind of health problem.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I'm so hurt because I started giving my cat these treats 2 weeks ago and now he is gone. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE TO YOUR CATS. My cat was just fine before this and now he is gone. I will never buy these again. Now I no longer have my Jay. I wish I would never had brought these ** treats.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I will say this, you make a tasty treat because my cat is OBSESSED! HOWEVER, I am not complaining to you just frustrated. If you are putting something addictive om them, cut back or stop. I cannot breathe anymore without my cat up my butt for treats. I am part of the problem. I give in because of the incessant whining. Anyway, I think it is kinda funny all these cats are addicted to treats. Lol... it is up to us as parents to wean them off. And I think all of y'all are crazy for thinking these treats killed your cats. Your cat may have eaten them and then gotten sick. Don't give them again... simple as that. If my kitty got sick, she would never get them again...

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Temptations Cat Treats killed my cat! Please stop feeding your fur babies these horribly addictive treats! They have anti-freeze in them which causes their organs to shut down! My poor baby died 2 1/2 years ago because of them and I still can’t get over it. She was only a year old. I feel like I handed my fur baby poison until she died. I can’t believe these are still on the shelves!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whiskas Cat Food?

Original review: June 27, 2018

Cat began vomiting after getting into the jar of Temptations treats. Continued to vomit both food and bile for several days. Vet was concerned about an obstruction but couldn't find one. Finally resolved over about 2 weeks.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My cats love Temptations, have been known to rip open the bag. I have to keep the package hidden. But I enjoy giving them the treats because they enjoy them so much.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My cats absolutely love Temptations, especially the chicken flavor. When you shake the bag they start running to get their treat. The product is priced a little high compared with other treats especially if buying for more than one cat.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I feed my cat this brand for 13 years but something changed in the last 24 months. My cat refused to eat it and it would start to grow mold within hours of being opened. I tried all of their flavors and experienced the same results.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My cats lick the liquid and at times leave the meat etc. Not sure why but something must repel them from real fish and chicken. It's used as a treat or reward mostly.

Whiskas Cat Food Company Information