3.56/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

262 Puppyfind.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We recently used Puppyfind.com to advertise our Shih Tzu Puppies. It was easy to do and within three days of posting the advertisement our three puppies were sold and we had people on the waiting list in case someone backed out. I highly recommend you use them if selling puppies.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was in the market for a small puppy and did not want to pay a lot for the puppy. I was very hesitate about various breeders and want to read the reviews. I went to PuppyFind.com and had an amazing experience. Not only do they provide thousands of animals, but provide the customer with various reviews to inform the customer. I found a puppy via PuppyFind.com and acquired my puppy from Tina's Tiny Darlings and I tell you, it has been a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this website if you are looking for an abundance of information regarding your purchase. My puppy was shipped from Oklahoma to Washington, DC and he is adorable. Thank you PuppyFind.com.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Breeders delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This is by far the best way to find and purchase a puppy/dog. You can search by the breed you are looking for and the state so you can look close to you or further for more choices. That being said people you do have to use COMMON SENSE, ask a lot of questions, how the animal was raised, look at the seller's listings to see how many puppies they have up for sale and have sold. Ask for the dogs medical history, especially if an adult dog, ask if the dog has behavior issues and see the dog in person before you finish payment. Sadly there are some unscrupulous people out there. But for us, looking for a puppy it's the best bulletin board of listings that give you lots of choices, you just then need to do your homework and make sure it's not a puppy mill where they sell 100s of puppies.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Hello, I run a government approved kennel in South Korea and have been using Puppyfind.com for over 2 years now. On August 16th 2018, they blocked my account saying that I have not been using photos from another source and made me clarify the current listing pups, send a copy of the pedigrees, and a copy of my FCI breeder license. I did all that and they put my account back to normal. BUT! On Jan 23rd, they again blocked my account for using photos from another source, but this time they just deregistered my account without giving me any details or a chance to prove myself.

With all the information that I gave to them, they still do this to legit breeders like me. Even though I email them back, all they would do is send me a copy and pasted reply and now they won't even reply back. The staff that I talked to his name was 'Brian', Super rude. Also Brian told me in the email when I clarified my photos and listings this, "it is never our intention of legitimate accounts like yours to be inconvenienced." and yet they have not once, but twice.

Puppyfind.com response

Hello, PuppyFind.com does require that members only use photos that they own to post on their listings. If this policy is disregarded after a warning has been given then accounts are suspended. It's unfortunate that you will not be able to use PuppyFind any longer, but we do wish you success in your future endeavors.

PuppyFind.com Support

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

This is the third puppy I have found on Puppyfind in 4 years. I have only found reputable breeders on this site. And it's so easy. Just choose the breed you're looking for and fall in love. Ok, choosing might be a little difficult. I wouldn't look anywhere else for my future family members. And I recommend this site to everyone I know who is looking for a new family member.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PuppyFind.com?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

They kept sending photos of Newfys I found mine. Some other websites would send a couple ads and you have to request again. Puppyfind.com is by far the best I worked with!! Staff was helpful and friendly and truthful. I would recommend them to anyone looking.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We sold all 9 puppies from a recent litter. Even though we spent hundreds of dollars on newspaper and internet advertising, most of our buyers came from PuppyFind. We will definitely use them again for our future litters. Perhaps we'll skip the newspaper ads altogether! When we did an internet search on our breed, our PuppyFind listing came up as the 3rd choice in the nation! Wow!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Good agency if you need help finding a puppy!! They got right back to me and in 2 days, they sent me a list of the breed of dog I was looking for that were for sale in my area. Very professional and courteous. Highly recommend them!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I used the full membership option where I was charged only $19.99 for a month. Potential owners could see my puppies with photos and all the necessary information to make a wise choice. It only took one month to sell my Goldendoodle puppies. I have used Puppyfind.com for years and have always sold ALL of my puppies through this one site. The great advantage over other sites is that folks can search by state.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I bought a Portuguese Waterdog from a one time breeder in 8-18. I really should have done my research better. It could of saved my family a whole lot of pain. I thought because my breeder was on the AKC marketplace and was not having any more liters she’s definitely not a puppy mill so it was safe. She was great to work with, super nice but now that I look back I should have found a more experienced breeder. We had a fabulous 2 1/2 months with our gorgeous fun loving girl before she became suddenly sick. She was diagnosed with multiple liver shunts which is a genetic disease. Hers were so bad that surgery was not a good option. Her chances were slim. I had to make a horrible decision but it was the only one. My vet said this often occurs when dogs are inbred.

I looked at my AKC paperwork - her father was also her great grandfather. Also I contacted the breeder because the entire liter is at risk and all the dogs need to be checked for this. I did not have any pet guarantee - my mistake for sure! I am in the process of purchasing another PWD thru Puppyfind. However with a legitimate breeder. I also found out that a true breeder can show you the genealogy that they are not inbred and will also health test on both the sire and dam. The new breeder is providing me with a 2 year pet guarantee. There are good breeders on Puppyfind but don’t fall in love with one and think all is fine without research! My girl was only 4 1/2 months old - never had a chance at life from the beginning!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We had the most wonderful experience buying our Beagle puppy. Stan at Glade Top was so kind and full of information. He helped us feel very comfortable with having her shipped and paying before we had her. She arrived from MO to us this morning. She came via Ozark Jet a Pet (who were also wonderful) to Ontario, CA Airport. We live in Lake Arrowhead, CA and she is safe and sound and more than we could have expected. I recommend Stan at Glade Top Mountain Kennel 100%. The pricing was amazing and we are so happy to have our new little baby home with us. Thank you Stan and Glade Top!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

When I seen the picture of Delilah on the website she captured my heart right away!!! I had to have her. I made arrangements with the breeder who was awesome. Went over everything with me as far as her shots, Heartworm preventive and flea and tick treatment. Also she was bathed and in a little dress with a hair bow. I am so very happy. She is my world now ❤️❤️. I want to thank Puppyfind.com for helping me find my little angel.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I adopted a puppy that I found on puppyfind.com. Turned out that the seller was not a breeder but a boutique puppy in NY. I originally sent an e-mail to the website to find out if they only support private breeder. I made them aware of my experience, as well as informing them that based on my research it looks like my puppy came from a puppy mill. They informed me that without a police report/investigation I cannot make these statements.

I went on the sellers listing two weeks after I adopted my puppy and couldn't believe that they had the same puppy, same pictures and name posted for sale except that they changed the date of birth. So I wrote a negative review about the seller for "Buyers Beware." In my review I wrote that these are not a private breeder but rather a pet store in NY. I also put in my review that both the puppy I adopted and the puppy my mom adopted were still up for sale except with changes in date of birth.

Puppyfind.com took down my review. They did not contact me for supportive evidence which I have not only the paperwork , bill of sale, place of birth but I also have the pictures on my phone from the original posting. I went to check today both my review and the listing is down. But the seller still has other dogs posted as well as the one my mom "supposedly adopted". This is not transparency to the public. If puppyfind.com states that they are just a bulletin site for breeders they should take the time to look into complaints and negative reviews especially when they stated they only support private breeders. I am so disappointed, we used the site 3 times prior in my family to and never had this experience but I will never use this site again!!! Shame on them.

Puppyfind.com response

Hello, PuppyFind.com does not remove reviews, but we do give the seller the option to dispute reviews they feel are invalid. We do not allow pet stores or brokers on the site and if we have supporting documentation showing they are a pet store or broker they are removed from the site. Due to the documentation that you provided we did remove the seller in question from the site as being a pet store. We appreciated your cooperation and patience. PuppyFind.com Support

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Make sure to read reviews & research the breeder! We were only given LTD AKC registration and Puppyfind removed my review and would not repost it until I edited it to their liking. They state that they allow only "documented facts" but relied only on seller's email as we got no bill of sale / etc. and the seller's ad did NOT disclose that full AKC registration was not being provided! BEWARE OF PARADYCE FARMS- CAVE CITY, OREGON. PUPPYFIND site allows sellers to hide bad reviews by making buyers upgrade (pay extra) to see more info...which most buyers probably won't do!

Puppyfind.com response

Hello, We do allow sellers to dispute reviews they feel are invalid. We do require documentation for the statements in disputed reviews from the buyer due to the abuse of the review system with fake reviews. Disputed reviews can only include statements that do have supporting documentation so sometimes they do have to be edited by the buyer. Either the buyer or the seller has to be upgraded to see reviews. It shows your review has been posted and you were not required to pay. PuppyFind Support

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My review was deleted without contacting me. I had already forwarded proof the breeder is a fraud, she advertised health certificate and health warranty. Printed the page before she deleted all the above. The puppy had never been to a vet, has a hernia, and underbite. The breeder will never give you her real name and location. Puppyfind will protect the seller, notice their site has no negative reviews on it!

Puppyfind.com response

Hello, We do allow the seller the option to dispute reviews that they feel are invalid due to the abuse of the review system. Once the seller disputes the review, both the buyer and seller will receive a documentation request to verify the validity of the statements in the review. If the statements are supported by documentation then the review may be reinstated. If you don't receive your documentation request within a week of it being disputed please contact support@puppyfind.com.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

We sent a $450 deposit to April ** at Misfit Farms Mollala, Oregon, to hold a boxer pup till we could make the 1200 mile round trip from Northern Nevada to Mollala Or, circumstances beyond our control made it impossible to make the trip & she will not return our deposit & will not communicate at all, hurried up & cashed the check & put the pup back online as “Mask” for $1000, also changed her ad to read No Deposit Refunds. Had to cancel hotel reservations, bought the food she recommended, travel crate, bedding, fencing, etc, quite an expensive lesson for 2 seniors on social security income, all we wanted was a companion dog, I guess you’re never too old to learn, can’t afford a dog now, she’ll make $1450 from the sale of this one pup, or more, that isn’t even AKC; we didn’t care about that, just wanted a companion dog.

Puppyfind.com response

Hello, I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty with this seller. PuppyFind.com is a bulletin board service and is meant to be a means to initiate the sale and we do not get involved in the terms or completion of any transactions. If you feel the Seller has not fulfilled their end of the contract, you always have the option of pursuing legal action against them. You can also leave a review on their seller account. If you have additional questions please contact us at support@puppyfind.com.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We recently purchased a 10 week old Border Collie that was listed on PuppyFind.com. The listing was from EbarS Ranch in Marana AZ. I wanted to let PuppyFind know that dealing with the breeder was such a great experience. We sent an email requesting information, and had a prompt response to the inquiry. We decided to buy the puppy and the purchase was seamless. We have, in the past, purchased Old English Sheepdogs as well as Border Collies from Breeders. I have to say we are so happy with this puppy as well as the experience with the Breeders, Ed and Shirley **. I will certainly refer anyone looking for a Border Collie to EbarS Ranch who can be found on PuppyFind.com. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

PuppyFind is PRO PuppyMill - I purchased a puppy from a breeder on Puppyfind. When I went to the home it was a horrible situation. I contacted Puppyfind and wrote a negative review. They asked for proof and I sent pictures, emails between me and the breeder, and vet information to show the breeder misrepresented the buyer. However, Puppyfind continued to support the breeder and nothing I sent would be accepted. So BEWARE of this website. They have no integrity and do not care that animals are mistreated. They only care about the breeders that pay them.

Puppyfind.com response

PuppyFind does not knowingly allow puppy mills on the site. If police reports or or legal documentation is provided showing they are operating outside of the law then further action can be taken. Allegations alone/photos are not sufficient evidence to have an account removed. If allegations are supported with these documents, then we will have the account in question removed. Due to abuse with reviews, disputed reviews may only be reinstated with supporting documentation. PuppyFind.com Support

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The site is easy to navigate even for a digital novice like me. Listing a puppy for sale took only minutes including uploading pictures and comments. There is an additional fee for the public viewing of your listings but it is very reasonable and worthwhile. The site is monitored and they communicate through email in a very timely manner. I would highly recommend Puppyfind.com to anyone who has a puppy for sale just as it was recommended to us. We received many inquiries about our puppies and all of them were from people who were seriously interested in more information about our dog family. All of our puppies have new loving and caring families to give their love to. We could not be more pleased with the entire experience.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I began my Google search for a particular mix breed of dog called a Cavapoo/Cavoodle. Puppyfind.com was one of the only sites to offer specific breed search. They offered a low membership fee and their breeders are properly vetted. After only 2 weeks of waiting, we were put in contact with a breeder in Pennsylvania who was able to get Ruby to us a week later. Ruby (Rosy) is a healthy, happy, loving, well-socialized and crate trained puppy. She’s extremely smart and our entire family is so in love. Thank you Puppyfind!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I used Puppyfind.com to locate my new fur baby. The site was easy to use, lots of pictures as well as reviews of sellers. Location was easy to see, shipping quotes as well. I found three pup I was interested in and was able to message and call the person immediately. Everything came together perfectly, I was able to bring Toby home the same day!

Original review: July 23, 2018

Quite possibly the WORST website you could possibly use to purchase a puppy. I tried writing reviews warning perspective customers of a fraudulent breeder who is only in it for the money. Sends out FORGED vet paperwork to customers and then lies about it, overbreeds her mamas and sends home sick puppies. When I provided proof of my review, Puppyfind.com sided with the disgusting breeder. Puppyfind.com should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen on their site. The breeder I reviewed has since gone through a name and location change, and is at it again! When I left another review, warning others of this, my review was removed without any mention to me. Puppyfind.com is just as bad as the puppy mills they allow to sell on their site. BEWARE! DO NOT USE!!

Puppyfind.com response

Hello, PuppyFind.com does not knowingly allow puppy mills on the site. PuppyFind is a bulletin board service. When you choose to contact a seller please follow the Buyer Tips located on the site to ensure a safe purchase. If you feel someone has been proven to be a puppy mill please provide documentation showing they have been convicted of animal abuse. You can contact your local authorities and take legal action if the seller has not followed their contract. PuppyFind.com Support

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2018

Puppyfind resolved the issue to my satisfaction.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I don't have any puppies listed with them. Today I received an e-mail from them stating 11 prospective puppy buyers viewed my listings & were unable to contact me because of my membership status and told me to upgrade my account to make my information freely available to the next 11 puppy buyers. They also ignored my request to explain the difference between paying $19.99 per month and $29.99 per month. I wouldn't list a puppy with them now for free.

Puppyfind.com response

Hello, Please contact support@puppyfind.com to get your account sorted out and to make sure no one else has access to your account. The only way to post a listing is to log into your seller account with your email and password. The memberships are explained on the Membership tab. The $29.99 membership is a 30 day upgrade that cancels itself, and the $19.99 membership is a recurring billing membership that bills you every month until you cancel on the Membership tab. PuppyFind.com Support

Original review: July 18, 2018

I had searched for a small breed puppy for a while and in doing my due diligence, found more than one seller that was directly brokering for puppy mills. I contacted Puppyfind and long story short, they appear to have no interest whatsoever in checking on their advertisers. The one I had questioned them about had had numerous complaints against him, and yet, they refuse to ban him unless he is actually convicted. Puppyfind is in litigation now for various reasons. BUYER BEWARE! Do NOT purchase a puppy from anyone where you can not see at least one of the parents. Anyone selling multiple breeds is probably brokering for puppy mills.

Puppyfind.com response

Hello, If you feel someone has been proven to be a puppy mill or brokering for other sellers, we ask for you to provide documentation showing that they are operating outside of the law so that the seller in question may be investigated thoroughly, as allegations alone are not sufficient evidence to have an account removed. If allegations are substantiated with documentation, then we will have the account in question removed. Questions contact support@puppyfind.com PuppyFind.com Customer Support

Original review: July 17, 2018

My family and I were looking for a new puppy to become one of the family. We'd been searching the ads in our local paper to no avail. We were ready to give up the search until one day while searching online, Puppyfind.com came up. I started our search over and within a month we had found our newest member of the family! He is a precious labradoodle! You can narrow down the breed you're looking for as well as state! I paid a very small fee to be able to get more detailed information on the pups we were interested in as well as breeder information. Another cool feature is being notified when a new listing of the breed you're interested in gets posted! I found the site extremely useful and very user friendly.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was recently asked to amend my review after the documentation was validated. The breeder reported the review as “invalid” and I have proven myself to be a purchaser of a puppy that was found on the Puppyfind.com website but I am unable to post my own words in regards to my experience. I have asked multiple times for a copy of their policy on the review dispute process and have not receive a response with this information. I urge all persons who have had their review removed or changed after validation to file a report with the FTC. Send all communications regarding your review with your complaint.

Puppyfind.com response

PuppyFind.com does allow sellers to dispute reviews they feel are invalid, but if buyers provide supporting documentation the review may be reposted. Our policy is that all disputed reviews must only include statements that have supporting documentation. If you have additional questions please contact support@puppyfind.com.

Resolution response: July 12, 2018

the dog seller made it right

Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased a puppy through PuppyFind from a lady named Laura **. I purchased a toy Yorkie on a Friday and the dog passed on Saturday. I contacted the lady and told her the symptoms the dog was having because they didn't sound good so I asked, “Should I carry it to the vet.” She said no and assured me the dog was fine that was Saturday morning at 10am dog was dead hours later. Laura will not give my money or replace the dog. She had blocked me from calling and texting her. I put up a review about what happened. She had PuppyFind remove it. Of course they did saying I need vet reports. Hell the dog died.

I purchased the dog for my 4yr old B-Day. She been wanting a puppy for a year so I saved and spent a $1000 on a dog which I'm out of. I told my baby the puppy was sad and missed his family. I didn't have the guts to tell her it passed. Now I have a depressed 4yr old who says she misses him so much. He was the best but she just don't want him to be sad. You know how heartbreaking it is to watch your child be depressed and crying over the only gift she wanted. She chose the puppy over Disney World and the beach. Laura is not the definition of a true breeder because she should have made this right. I texted her with dog symptoms.

Three different vets said the symptoms were not that of low blood sugar like Laura once say. The vets said they would have bet all money it was parvo. The puppy had eating and plus I had given him the glucose meds. The dog wouldn't stand, eat, or drink. It was having bowel movements in his sleep and I told her all this and she assured me he was fine not to carry him to the vet. It breaks my heart that she would do this to a 4yr old. Puppy Find people need to know how unethical and what type of person they are dealing with. She should not be able to remove my review because she don't like it. She needs to make it right. I'm in the process of caring Laura ** of Mt Brook Al to court.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I found using the Puppyfind.com Website VERY HELPFUL! I had tried other means of Advertising, such as flyers, Cards, and even ran an Ad in our local Newspaper- with little to No luck... Plus they costed more. This Website made Listing my puppies SO EASY... I'm NOT real "Tech- Savvy," And the website took me Straight to my Photos so I could Upload the Puppy PICS... My Ad was viewed all over the U.S. And I was able to Sell ALL my Puppies to GOOD Families within 3 1/2 weeks. Plus, they ONLY Charged me a one time Fee of $29.99 for a full month. They even addressed a Report I made concerning a suspected Fraudulent Text I had received. I Couldn't be happier and with a Resounding YES, I would recommend Puppyfind.com to others. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!! Thanks!

Original review: May 19, 2018

To every consumer out there. Don't do business with anyone on Puppyfind or with Puppyfind. I purchased German Shepherd puppy from Adam ** kennels in Clifton, Tennessee. And seller send a forged health certificate with transport company saying the puppy was healthy. However I received puppy and had him examined by vet, found that puppy has a Hernia. Breeder refuses to return my calls and texts. Even after I provided proof to Puppyfind that puppy had Hernia Puppyfind still refused to allow my negative review to remain up. So I contacted the Federal Trade Commission and the FBI and they are starting investigations into Puppyfind for violation of consumer rights. The FBI also suggested that I sue Puppyfind since they refuse to stop doing business with this breeder even after proof that breeder operates Puppymill.

Puppyfind.com response

Hello, PuppyFind is a bulletin board service and is meant to be a means of contact. You were sent a request to edit your review to only include statements that have documentation to support them, which you are still able to do. If we receive court documentation showing the seller was convicted of animal abuse/neglect, then we would remove the seller. In this case we have not received such documentation. You can always take legal action against the seller if they have not followed their contract.

Original review: May 15, 2018

My chihuahuas recently had a litter of babies. 6 little girls. We were overwhelmed with the idea that we would have to part with them, but we knew we couldn’t handle 8 dogs in one house. I looked to do local ads like Craigslist but I didn’t want to have to deal with random phone calls from people that may not be truly invested in the search for their new “family member”. That’s where Puppyfind.com came in. I set up a profile for free and was able to compare prices that others were asking for. One of the big differences with this service is that you are required to pay to get details of the seller. This just makes sense.

When I was contacted by a couple of people, I could tell they were truly interested and for the right reasons. They had some “skin in the game". I decided to pay for their premium service. Best move by far. Within three weeks, we were able to rehome 4 of the 6 puppies. We couldn’t bear to let them all go. I spoke with all 4 families prior to meeting. It was great to learn about them and what they were looking for in a puppy. We even had a couple drive more than 6 hours one way to meet and make a connection with one of our babies. Thank you to Puppyfind for offering a premium service like this when it matters most.

Puppyfind.com Company Information