The Puppy Boutique

Brooklyn, NY

Compare Pet Breeders

Research top Pet Breeders recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hello everyone. Please do not purchase puppies from Puppy Boutique in Brooklyn. I had the worse experience of my life. These puppies are sick. I spoke to the owner named Michael who first of all told me the puppies were $650.00 for a male and $750.00 for a female puppy. He gave me the wrong address. I spoke with him on the phone 4 times and he never disclosed that it was a pet shop. He just kept telling me that it was his wife's shop and she was a breeder. When we got there the puppies are marked up an additional $300.00 or higher.

He has all these signs posted that they charge additional fees for registration, micro chipping, neutering, vitamins, shots. He showed up puppies that look like they were in pain when we held them. Only to be told by another worker that the puppies were just neutered that morning. He stated that it was a state law that all the puppies have to be neutered. He told me that his pet shop was in good standing and that he is in compliance with the health department and even gave me the name of someone named Walter at the health department to call. This place needs to be shut down.

He told me he was a private breeder and gave me the address to his home which is next door. He never mentioned this pet store until I called him. He had also previously told me that he had the parents to the puppies and that there were two different litters. They had over 40 puppies there. Not only yorkies, but Shitzu, maltese. I asked him how could all these puppies come from the same two dogs when they are all the same age. Then he told me they came from breeders. Every time I spoke with him he came up with a different story and he never came to meet with me. I have a slew of text messages. We came with $650.00 as he stated and got there and could not purchase a puppy because now they are $950.00 and $1, 200.00 when he adds all these bogus charges. Someone needs to save these puppies.

All I can say is I purchased a puppy yorkie from this rat hole. I called 4x. They said 750.00. I get there and she is 1575.00. My puppy was deadly ill. 3900.00 medical bills. She is on meds the rest of her life. Dr says she was unfit for sale. She had Giardia from bad water. She suffered seizures. Was placed in a induce coma. The owner Phillip had to change owners because this rat hole is still open and he put it under his wife's. Where is the city when you need them? And when a dog is sick, what do they do with it? Kill them? And by the way their veterinarian is in Howard Beach Mr. **, 1.4 ratings. Close this place down please.

I bought a toy Maltese from here a year ago and the first day I brought him home, he was lethargic and had like saliva pouring out of his mouth so bad his whole face was wet. My father calls the guy. He says give him pancake syrup it happens with all Maltese when they're young because they have low blood sugar. This puppy was sick the first couple weeks and I mean the amount of saliva coming out of his mouth was heartbreaking, but he did get better after couple trips to vet and thank God he's a healthy 1 year old now and is the cutest pup in the world!

I'm not one to bash people's hustle but these puppies are being sold at too young of an age and are sick because they're crammed in cages and one gets it they all get it and it's not fair to these poor little creatures to be treated like this and we the people have to be the ones to put a stop to it. If the law allows them to keep operating, ** that (Excuse my lang). Will take the into our own hands and end this torture to these defenseless heartwarming gifts from God that will never turn their back on you if you treat them with love how they're supposed to be treated!

I think Reno (my dog) just heard me because I'm sitting in bathroom writing this and he just came running to me LOL. They truly are a man's best friend and I couldn't ask for a better one than my lil man! But we really need Fox 5 on your side to shut this place down and every other place like it!!! Neil Cavuto we need Fox 5 to put these criminals on the wall of shame. Please help!!!

It took me a while to get here myself to actually put down into words everything that we have gone through in the last month. A few weeks ago, we found an ad online for shih tzu puppies from a "local breeder" for $550 in Brooklyn. I was so excited to go and get a puppy and never googled the phone number or address where I was going. Just assumed people were truthful (stupid of me). When I got there I was surprised to find a store but went in anyway. There was the perfect puppy! As soon as I saw him I didn't care that it was from a store and I wanted him home with us. To my surprise the puppies were much older than advertised and all of those puppies advertised for $550 were "sold out". They only had puppies from about $700+. I didn't care because I fell in love. In hindsight this is exactly what the owners want. They don't care what lies they tell you. They just want you to get there and everything else becomes a decision of emotion.

Regardless we got our Benji on a Thursday. By Monday he was lethargic and his nose was runny. We took him to the emergency pet hospital where we were told he had an upper respiratory infection and needed antibiotics. We brought him home from the vet and before we could even give him the antibiotic he was vomiting and having diarrhea. We thought maybe it was the stress of going to the vet. But over the next few days it only got worse. By Thursday we took him back to the vet. He went from 5.5 lbs on Monday to 4.9 lbs by Thursday. He wasn't eating he wasn't drinking. The doctor tested him for parvo. It was a very strong positive. We were advised that he wasn't going to make it through the night and even with treatment it was very unlikely that he would make it. The doctor thought it might be best to euthanize him so he wouldn't suffer. We all knew it was the right decision but the hardest one I've ever had to make.

I was hysterical - my boyfriend crying in the waiting room. His daughter cried herself to sleep that night. It was an emotionally draining experience for me as an adult so I can only imagine how she felt. Even now a week since I'm writing with tears streaming down my face. The scary thing about parvo is that it's very contagious and I worry that other puppies from Puppy Boutique may be very sick. I give them credit that they didn't fight me on my reimbursement of most medical bills and for what I paid for my sweet angel but I would have paid quadruple what I did to still have him.

After doing a lot of research there are virtually no positive reviews of this place - only the same deceptive advertising and sick puppies being sold. I really hope that the other puppies there do not have parvo but according to the vet it's very possible. I am not saying they are as I could never prove that but just look up parvo. I just hope nobody else has to go through what we did especially the little kids with their first puppies. And I hope all of the puppies there are tested and treated before it's too late.

Several years ago I purchased a Chihuahua from here. He was small, blue eyed and beyond beautiful. A month after I brought him home he become very ill out of nowhere. Around 1am I ran him to the hospital because his breathing was shallow and coughed very hard. I was told he would need X-rays and possibly surgery which would be about $2,000. I took him home that night so I can figure out how to come up with the money. Unfortunately, at 5am he took his last breath, let out one last cough which resulted in blood out his mouth. He passed away that morning at just four months old. I needed to find out what caused this so I decided to have an autopsy done. Turns out his lungs and some other organs hadn't fully developed which is a classic case of a puppy being removed from the mother prematurely in order to produce a "teacup" sized dog. Usually this takes place in puppy mills.

After researching, I not only learned about these horrible mills but that "teacup" is not an actual size. A breeder or pet store worker CAN NOT know how big a dog will grow much like a parent won't know how their child will grow. Seems so obvious now but when you see a face you fall in love with all you want to know is how fast you can make them yours. While now all dogs from this location may have experienced something like this, check the reviews. There are extensive complaints about sick puppies. The best way to get these places to stop is for us to stop buying from them. It's sad that we can't help the ones that are already here but we need to stop the cycle. It's just not fair to these little guys. There are plenty of breeders out there with dogs that are medically cleared and where you know their bloodline. Good luck!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Puppy Boutique?

I bought my puppy when he was 8 weeks old. He was born 4/10/15. At the end of August he became very, very ill. He was treated with antibiotics and got well. Three weeks ago he became very ill again. I was back and forth with the vet, HSNY, ASPCA and in the end my baby died today of congenital heart failure. Drs informed me that he was born sick. Please beware of this place. They are very bad people. I am heart broken and in debt because of this place.

I purchased my Yorkie in 2012. I went through the same scenario everyone else has went through. They gave me papers saying my dog had a "hernia." Also she had stitches when I purchased her. My friend also purchased her Shih Tzu from the same place. Her dog also had a "hernia" with stitches. It is now 2015. Her dog happened to get pregnant, gave birth, and her placenta didn't contract out of the tummy. Her dog got sick. She took her dog to the ASPCA only for them to tell her that the dog didn't have surgery for a hernia. They did surgery on her dog so she wouldn't be able to produce more than one puppy.

So her Shih Tzu had one puppy and also had to get surgery so she wouldn't died from the infection the placenta caused. She was stuck with bills from getting multiple X-rays, sonograms, and was left with a $2,000 bill and now her dog can never have any more puppies. I'm afraid to mate my Yorkie because the same situation might occur for me.

I purchased a female supposed to be teacup yorkie from this place. Also I name her Riri. When I inquired about the pup JAMES quoted me $550 and just like the rest of you when I got there the pup I was interested in was already sold so of course I fell in love with my lil girl and wound up paying almost $900 for her. Fortunately for me it was only three other customers in the store who were also complaining about the false price. They were quoted by JAMES who happen not to be on the premises (RIGHT!!!). Anyway I got my girl, took her home. She was perfect, I watched throughout the night room her to the vet, she was in good condition. So I waited for two weeks. Called the store and spoke to a lady who wouldn't identify herself so I hung up and emailed JAMES about getting a male pup letting him know I just purchased a pup.

JAMES told me he would give me a deal on a micro male because they didn't have any more teacup males available. So I asked how much should I be expecting to spend. He said "micro are anywhere from $700 +," but he would give me my male for $700 flat. Ok. I get there and of course who's not there--JAMES. So I showed the guy the email. He tells that JAMES didn't send that to me, LOL. Anyway no deal, no pup. I left empty handed because the store was packed and it was out of control. It was as if they were having an auction, whoever was willing to pay the ridiculous, overpriced pups. That's who got helped. All others were ignored, screamed at and just disrespected. I got the H out of Dodge but Riri has since passed on from hypoglycemia two months after her first birthday. She was loved, spoiled, and blessed. Oh, and grew to be about 7lbs teacup my ** SCAMMER!!!

We got our little Yorkie from here less than 4 years ago. We were told she would be small- but we fell in love. She had a cold but our vet was comfortable with her prognosis at the time and she soon got over it. Around one year old she developed arthritis and back leg problems, then around two liver problems, then kidney problems. She did not even make it to her fourth birthday! They are not reputable- do not trust them!

I bought a Chihuahua puppy from this place a few years ago, once she turned about 1 years old she started to develop lots of health issues, losing fur, early signs of arthritis, back problems, and back leg problems, at the age of 6 she sadly passed away from her health issues. Her being the love of my life. I looked over her papers to find out her “breeder” since I was told this store gets their dogs from “good local breeders”. (I was too young at the time to know anything about puppy mills).

I looked over the papers I was given and found the breeder’s name was **, I did a few google searches and it did not take long to find a site with her name and her partner’s name (**) and their kennel name (Vertricia’s). I found all of their info on a puppy mill website. I was horrified. It wasn’t until a few years later I found them on this site, and saw the photos of the actual puppy mill my baby came from. This store sells puppy mill puppies, do not believe a word they tell you. Just search the name of the “breeder” on your papers and you will most likely find them on that site, if not now, give it a few years like it took me. Disgusting. Beware.

I am a responsible maltese breeder from the UK. I called these Guys because I thought something was very very wrong, and if I could gather enough evidence report them. First off, NEVER EVER buy a dog without doing RESEARCH. Toy dogs can be very difficult to manage, demanding and headstrong if you don't raise them properly, and are not bred properly. Don't ever buy a dog because you want something that you can dress up. One of my maltese dogs costs around $130 dollars a month, plus any injections and vet care (consultation for example cost around $70) and insurance is the best part of $1200 each year.

If you think you can cut costs and save then you should not get a puppy. Bet you didn't know each and every dog should be tested for diseases which costs $2000!!! Teacup puppies are a bad idea. Too many people are rushing into a decision, they often have health problems and in general regardless of where you get them from, are sick. NEVER get a dog for a Christmas present. NEVER EVER buy without seeing mum.

Right, now, this boutique is rubbish, money making scam they should not be breeding dogs. Think about what kind of breeder will let their dogs go to this place, without ever seeing them grow up or anything, they produce sick pups. The fact that this store considers pups "batches" is not good at all. This place is a scam, DO NOT buy puppies, you are lining the pockets of those with much greed. No money = no business = no puppy mill breeding which is ILLEGAL. So please don't buy a dog to be a fashion accessory because they are not!!! Thank you for reading this and remember sharing is caring - please get word out!!

This store is advertised online as puppy petite puppies for sale. There's a video of the puppies in a house, also on NJ newspaper. I call and a guy by the name ** give $550.00 dollars price for a female yorkshire terrier. When I ask about the puppy's age, health, he told me that his wife knows about it. I ask for her number, she didn't answer. I call couple times his number, he even sent me pictures of the puppies. And when I got there, it was a surprise for me. It was a store. Of course he wasn't there.

When I ask to see a puppy, ask for the price, the lady that works there told me $1200.00 dollars. Wowwww. The place is not even clean, puppies look sick, when you walk inside the door locks, the windows were closed. I have hard time breathing inside because I'm asthmatic. The guy ** was not there. I call the wife, and when she answer she told she is not the wife. Wowwwww. This people are up to something, and of course nothing good. This place should be shut down. God help me with this matter in the name of Jesus Christ.

We bought a puppy and was told it was neutered. We were given paperwork that said the dog was neutered. We were grooming the dog and noticed that there was no scar or shaved area and that the dog still had testicles. Took the puppy to the vet and found out that the dog wasn't neutered. Contacted them and we were told that we would have to go from Staten Island to Queens and deal with the traffic and tolls for multiple days. We told them that's not acceptable and wanted it done on the Island by a vet we trusted considering we were told it was neutered and had paperwork from their vet saying it was. We told tough luck and to sue them. Was extremely rude.

The man that answers the phone is a liar. From quoting false prices and stating that his wife is a breeder. There are too many yorkie pups day after day. I believe these people are puppy mill organized. Also, the pups are only 1 to 2 months of age. Way too young by standards of professional breeders to sell. This place needs to be shut down.

I emailed the guy ** and told me puppies were 550-750 for toy sizes. When I got there an extremely rude lady told me there was only one female Yorkie for 750. And I said what happened to the 550? She said they ran out of those and will be there on Thursday because they're "bigger". I looked around the cage and realized there were 4 other females. But they were 1,300 and the "micro" was 1,500. So then I was like, "Why did you tell me there was only one female". She ignored me! And then I asked what's the difference with the more expensive ones and she said "ears". Very nasty attitude. And she was grabbing them and throwing them into the cage. They were beautiful puppies. But you can tell they weren't healthy. They were shaking and scared. I can't imagine the type of mistreatment they receive there.

My husband and I called to find out prices and if they had Shih Tzus available. The man ** stated his wife is a breeder and gave us an address (which he said was his home). He said he only had one imperial Shih Tzu female left. We asked the price and he said 750. So he sent us a picture and we got there within 25 minutes. When we got there it was a side apartment and the woman said go into the storefront which was odd. Why didn't they give us that address in the first place? The place was packed and they said the female imperial Shih Tzu (which just means they breed 2 small dogs and figure the pups will be small and they charge more) was being bathed so I told the man there that I spoke to ** and he said she is 750.00.

The lady came out with her and said "Oh no she's 1,000." I said but he told me 750.00 on the phone. She said "Oh that was a different one. She was sold already." Then they recommended ** office (veterinarian) and we got a free exam. I called and asked how much the vaccines are and I explained her age. The man that answered told me $35 each. So we went to ** office a week and a half later and OMG the place was filthy. The office had their own pets in the waiting room barking and peeing all over. The exam room had urine on the floor. This was the most disgusting office I've ever seen. Also, when my pup was about to get her vaccine she said it would be $95, then when I was going to pay at the front the man said $100 and I said the vet said $95 and she came out and said she made a mistake. I feel both Puppy Boutique and ** office are scammers. Stay away and go with a private breeder and by recommendations.

My girlfriend purchased a male "teacup" yorkie in 2007. A year later it was 11 lbs and didn't look like a yorkie, was developing cataracts and eventually glaucoma in one eye. 6,000$ later the eye was removed, second eye developed the same, eye specialist prescribes drops and pills, blah blah blah… second eye will be removed this year. She gets into debates when walking the dog, people ask breed, she replies “yorkie” and they say, “no way!” Hahaahhaahhaha, it’s hilarious. These people are liars and crooks, their shop should be shut down. They even provided her paperwork. I looked up the paperwork company online, I could register my Maltese as a purebred german shepherd for 9.99$.

I purchased this 2 month old puppy, which i was told was a tea cup and he is not. I believe he is a toy, because he weighs 8 lbs. I paid over $800 which they should of charged me over $700 and they stated there is 1 year warranty. But on their paperwork that they give you it states you have 2 weeks to take the puppy to the doctors and see if anything is wrong with him. There is nothing at all about the 1 year warranty on their paperwork and they say it all the time.They also gave me medication for the puppy which I found to be unusual, so I ended up taking the puppy to the doctors to check if he was okay and to find out why he needed the medication. The doctors stated he was fine and saw no reason why he needed the medication. So I stopped giving it to him and then he got sick on me, so taking him back to the doctors costed me over $200.

By the time he hit 9 months he had "HIP DYSPLASIA". Going to doctors I learned it comes from the mother breeding so much. I then call the store to see if they can assist me with anything, since the puppy is 9 months old and they claim there is a 1 year warranty. And then they tell me that the only thing they can do for me is give me a new puppy. My mouth dropped and I said "excuse me, so you expect me to return a puppy that I and my 4 children grown to love and just exchange him for another one?" I mean my puppy was up to date with all his shots. All the money i spent on him and for me to just throw him away for a new puppy and start again. He said "NO" you can keep the old one and we will give you another one. I said "so you expect me to take the new dog and leave my dog like this" like are they serious? He claims there is nothing else he can do for me.

I just couldn't believe how irresponsible this pet store was! To sit here and sell puppies and not be responsible for them, like if they were toys. I feel bad for the puppies that are there. This puppy store should be "SHUT DOWN". Its obvious they don't care about the puppies. Its all about the money and keeping people quiet about their wrongdoing. Not once have they called me to see if my puppy is okay or to help me out with anything. Just selfish. But every dog has their day and I hope someone takes notes of all these complaints and close this store down and place these puppies in good hands.

Firstly, the people especially the owner Rachel was the rudest person I have ever encountered in my life. 2nd they lied to me on the phone about the price. They said 650.00 on the phone for this particular pup and then raised the price to 900.00. Then I asked if the pup was a toy or a teacup. I think they thought I wanted a teacup, so they told me teacup that he would be 4-5 lbs full grown.. Well he's 12 weeks old now and is 4 1/2 lbs. I asked if he was from a puppy mill they said no.. I find that very hard to believe because I had bought a puppy there 15 yrs ago and he died that's why I went back to them. My dog I bought 15 years ago was from MO. Just like the pup I just bought .. The cages were crowded with too many pups per cage. Then I noticed the cage closest to the window that had Maltese pups that were older and I wondered what they do with the ones they don't sell..

A few days later I saw on the news a cage of Maltese puppies were found in Brooklyn abandoned .. It looked to me the same dogs the same cage and the same way they use shredded white paper with a baby blanket in there .. Plus they were already on the news a few yrs. ago for selling sick dogs. And the business has multiple names Puppy Boutique .. Puppy Petite .. NYC Puppy, etc. this woman Rachel the owner treats them like they're not puppies. She just flings them in the cages like its a stuffed toy .. This place really needs to be checked into why do these pups have to suffer just so she can make money. All the puppies were from the same place in MO. How can it not be a puppy mill?

On Saturday February 14, 2015 I called the store and spoke to someone named "James." He stated they had toy Maltese puppies starting at $550. I stated I would get back to him. Ten minutes later he sent a pic to my phone of a Yorkie. I asked him why would he send me a pic of a Yorkie when I asked about Maltese Puppies. He said they had toy Maltese dogs there now for $550 so I said I would be leaving shortly. I got there a 1/2 hr later and has to be buzzed in and they took my driver's license. But there was no dog there for $550. The next price up was $750, $900 & $1200. It was packed in the store and I had to wait for twenty minutes for someone to check me out with my dog. The lady at the counter spoke very abruptly and was taking care of 3 people at a time.

Just as I paid for my puppy he threw up on my daughter. I asked was the dog sick and she proceeded to say my daughter was rocking the dog so she was making him nauseous. I asked for paper towels and she pointed and said on the wall without looking up. I should have asked for my money back and just left then but my daughter was attached already. By the time we got home the dog had thrown up again just a little bit in the crate. By day three the dog seemed a little tired and wasn't playing or eating. They sent me home with about seven kinds of vitamins some kind of syrup in case of emergency and 3 cans of wet dog food and 1 bag of dry kibble.

I switched the dog's food and he ate but an hour later he threw up. So I called the store at 5 pm and was told to give him apple sauce and pedialite. I asked to speak to the owner and he proceeded to tell me the store was closed because I said I wanted to know if I could return the dog for another because of what was happening. He told me to call back in the morning when "James" would be in. So I go online to see that the store stays open until 9 pm on weekdays and it is now Wednesday......

Long story short: I paid $969 for a dog and a cage that was only supposed to be $550 and had horrible customer service and received a sick dog. Now I am on my way to take the dog to a vet because I'm afraid he will die if I don't get help for him and I know they are giving me the run around and will not change the dog or refund my money. DO NOT GO TO THIS STORE. IT IS A RIP OFF!!!

I got my princess here in 2012. I am giving 3 stars because I love my princess so much, and she is so healthy! She has the greatest personality!! When you get there, you will realize it definitely must be a puppy mill. There are millions of teacup Yorkies in cages, and you want to help them all!! They are all so cute and precious. The website at the time made it seem like there was one mom having puppies, but my yorkie was from like Illinois!! Anyways, they gave us medication to give Scarlett, and the vet didn't really understand why. My mom spent $1600 for Scarlett!!! The dogs are very expensive! But I am just writing a review because my girl is going to be 3 in May, and she is so perfect and very little (5lb). But the owner isn't very nice. Save the poor puppies!

I purchased my JC a pure breed tea cup Yorkie from The Puppy Boutique. I like others were advised on the phone the cost ranged from 550 to 700, I ended up paying almost a grand. Around JC's 6 month visit to the vet, I was advised that I SHOULD NOT attempt to mate my JC. I was advised he has an undescended testicle! My vet said that it is a genetic defect that is passed down from his father and he could pass it to his offspring! I love my JC and I thank God I have him!! After getting my JC, I purchased 2 more pure breed Yorkies but I purchased them off of private breeders! I do not regret my JC, BUT I am advising people to be careful of the Puppy Boutique!! They lie about the price, elevate it once you get there and their dogs are more than likely inbred!! Which causes Genetic defects!! I have to have my JC fixed because he has a higher risk of cancer due to his undescended testicle! BEWARE..

I have never dealt with a situation like this and normally I don't take the time to write a review but this place is honestly ridiculous and run by a total schemer. Let me also point out that it is very obvious that the only good comment on here is written by the schemer himself. Let me ALSO point out that he has NUMEROUS and I mean, NUMEROUS websites/phone numbers and store "names." I think I must have called him over 10 times because I came across all different ads with different numbers & store names and it ended up being him. Blew my mind that someone created so many different identities through the internet and scary if you ask me.

So here's my personal experience with this place: I came across an ad on Craigslist saying this man was selling purebred Shih Tzus for $550. So I call and speak to "James." James tells me "yes females are only 8 weeks and are $550" so then I asked him to send me a photo. Turns out he sends the same exact photo of a puppy whose probably over a year old now to EVERY customer. So then I tell him I really want her and if he could please hold her for me because I live 2 hours away but I will leave right away. He tells me "okay."

So I leave with my entire family to Brooklyn at night, excited to get this puppy and even talking about names in the car ride there. We get there and he gave us a FAKE ADDRESS. An address that was SUPPOSED to be his HOME. So I call him confused and he tells me "Oh, it's the puppy store in the corner." Um okay? So we walk in there and first of all it's filthy and they have to buzz you in the store. The staff there? EXTREMELY rude. Never came across such nasty people in my life. They had over 30 Yorkies, kid you not, and 2 Shih Tzus!!

Not only that, but when I asked the lady about the one I was supposed to pick up, she said "Oh, most of them sold this morning." I called this guy at 5:00 asking to him told hold a puppy that he knew was gone. All they had were 2 male puppies who looked very ill. And when I asked her how much they were, she told me 650 so I told her I spoke to James and so she went to the backroom to call him. She comes back and says... "James said 600 and is not going any lower." Like are you kidding, I drove 2 hours, got stuck in traffic to a price he never ever said, to a fake address, to lying about the amount of female Shih Tzus he has? Oh and they also ask for your ID in order to hold a puppy which fine, that isn't a big deal but what I found sketchy is that they don't even remind you or hand it back to you. YOU have to remember and ask for it, or else they keep it.

Honestly, it was the worst experience I have ever had and I don't want ANYONE going there. The guy and his employees work together to scheme people. It's literally a group of schemers that run a business to rip people off. Blows my mind that it's still in business.

Spoke to James on the phone looking to buy a Maltese puppy... Asked him how much the puppy goes for. He said the toy one runs between 550-700 and the teacup runs 750 and higher. I hung up the phone and got to his store within 15 minutes. First of all the store was small and the puppies are all in cages, most with runny noses. I pick a puppy out and he brings the dog in the back for about 2 minutes. When he finally comes back out, he tells me that the dog is 850.00. I told him that we just spoke on the phone and told me between 550-700 for the toy. He said "oh that one was just sold". Plus he did not have any teacups in the store. So basically he lied. With all the reviews and similar situations that people have with them I'm very surprised that they are still in business. They also have different names and address. I do not recommend anyone going there. They should be shut down. Extremely shady!!!

I called the person "James" and inquired about the teacup yorkies. I was told $550 on the phone. When I got there I ended up paying $700 plus taxes. When I took my pup to the vet the vet said no way he was a teacup - he weighed 2.4 pounds at 9 weeks. The Puppy Boutique had said Marvin would be 4-5 pounds. I took him to the vet the 2nd time for his next round of shots, and Marvin is now 4.5 pounds at 14 weeks. Therefore he is NOT a teacup. I have not had anything wrong with Marvin other than that. Reading a lot of these reviews and people getting sick puppies and dying is just so sad that it makes me feel better about just getting lied about his size. Marvin is an awesome pup. I love him. But I was lied to on price and on the size my pup would be. I've had Marvin for 5 weeks now and haven't noticed anything wrong with him and I pray it continues that way. I would not buy from here again.

They post fake puppy pictures online at puppyfind.com. Posing to be a couple who breeds yorkies when it is just a post to draw people to the store. When you contact them for a specific puppy, they lie and say they have them. You get there to find 50 yorkies all more expensive and not the one you wanted. Shady*.

On June 22, 2014, my wife and I, in search of a Teacup Yorkie, found Puppy Petite online. We spoke to a fictional character named James. He sent me photos and quoted me prices, which were way off. We drove the 2 plus hours out there from our home in Orange County, only to fall in love with an adorable Micro Maltese. We bought Ollie for $1,300, much higher than the prices quoted on the phone. They provided us with antibiotics and a slew of vitamins and Karo syrup. I should have walked right out when I was given all this stuff but my wife was already in love with Ollie.

We took Ollie home and immediately his kennel cough materialized except it was not just kennel cough. He also had a yeast infection in his ears. Six weeks later, Ollie still coughs and his vet bills were about $500, hardly anything compared to what some others paid. Ollie still coughs but other than that, he is a very happy and healthy puppy. His weight is where they claimed it would be by now. He weighs a little over 2 pounds now but dogs this size are prone to many illnesses and ailments larger dogs will never have. He is very playful and as adorable as can be but we watch him closely because we were sold a dog that never should have been sold. I left this out. He had surgery according to them for a hernia but the vet we took him to see told us he still had a hernia and never had surgery. Avoid this store. If it does not bankrupt you, it will break your heart when your puppy either gets ill or dies.

On June 8th, 2014, my son bought a Yorkie the pup which was sent home with antibiotics and three jars of Nutra-Cal and what they call 911 which is Karo syrup. I took the pup to my vet and found out that he had Kennel Cough and after speaking to the store owner, the ENTIRE LITTER WAS BEING TREATED FOR KENNEL COUGH. The Associate allowed my son to make this 9$25.00 without telling him that he was being treated with Kennel Cough. Otherwise, had they been honest, we would have put a deposit and came back to pick him up when he was cleared. Of course I questioned it because I worked in a pet store and my store was not allowed to sell any pups with Kennel cough b/c they could get pneumonia after that.

My vet had given me some heavy duty antibiotics to cure the Kennel Cough and I called the owner and he said that he would work with me and I have to say he did until my pup got pneumonia June 29th, 2014. My husband and I have spent over two grand. This was after our vet had suggested putting him down. Personally I could not b/c this virus could be treated. The animal hospital wanted to make sure that this puppy was getting better and wanted to keep him another two days and that it was going to cost me another two grand - I could not afford it any longer. We spent the entire Monday, June 30th, calling the hospital and trying to see how he was doing and called the Puppy Boutique and asked them to call the store owner and inform him of what was going on to hopefully make arrangements for the store to pick up the tab and give us a healthier pup and b/c the store owner was not there could not do that but he took his pup back. However, because of their irresponsible acts, I am NOT SURE IF THIS PUP WILL MAKE IT.

I was a manager in my teens and worked for Doktor's Pet and if I argued with a customer, asked the customer to fax medical information or did not find my store owner as the customers request, I WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED. My pup was in trouble and I needed help and associate Alicia asked me to fax the pup medical records basically calling me a liar without really saying it even though I offered the hospital's phone no. to verify my story. Our pup was going be in training to be an emotional support animal and now we are lost without him. For the one week that he was not sick, we had so much fun with him. These last two days have put so much emotional stress on our family that I am hoping that this store owner will understand that I was sold sick a puppy and he cannot play with customers' emotions like they do.

I am praying that the owner will either keep our pup for a month to make sure that he will not get sick again provided that he has not died or give us another pup that we will have checked out by our vet. To me, it's not the money but the pup that these make us happy and as customers, we promise that we will take care of, not abuse and give them love and what do we as customers get in return I am sorry and thanks for your money but as the store owner telling you that it is not his or her problem and to me and my family it is. Our family cannot and will not rate this store because it is not worth rating and to anyone who is buying a pup, ask a lot of questions even if you think that they are stupid. Our family tried to save our puppy and all we have now is no puppy and two thousand dollars in debt.

I purchased a puppy from there three weeks ago. I was told on the phone that I was going to get the puppy for $650. They sent me pics to my phone. I picked out the puppy I wanted and told the guy that I was on my way. When I got there employees were not helpful. I asked who I was texting. They said they have somebody that does the texting. Liars. I showed them the pictures and the puppy I picked from the pics. They told me the puppy was sold before I got there. They bought a puppy out from the back. I fell in love with her. She came home on a lot of meds.

I took her to the vet today. I met a young lady who also purchased a dog from there in January. We swapped stories and our experience was the same. The pics they sent her were the same pics they sent me. I asked my vet what were one of the medicines for. He told me for infection so I'm not sure if my puppy is completely healthy yet but I'm very nervous. I would never go back to this place and my dog is very hyper.

We contacted "James", who was very nice over the phone, and stated that his wife Mia had a long history of breeding Yorkshire Terriers since the late '70s. He gave me his website and I called back to confirm that we would take the 90 minute drive to "his house", in Brooklyn, where he had 9 Yorkies. It turned out to be a storefront. Two other couples in the store were also told the same thing -- we were expecting a house and not a "puppy-mill"! Mia didn't appear to exist and "James" appeared to go by a few names. The prices were higher than what was quoted over the phone but more troubling was the misinformation about Yorkshire Terriers. We had owned Yorkies in the past and knew that the info was wrong! Additionally, we looked at a few dogs that had obvious health problems. We were originally told over the phone that we could take the dog to our Vet for a check-up, and once in the store was told that we had to go to one of their Vets.

I never saw so many Yorkies in one place. There must have been at least 25 to 30 "Toy", "Tea Cup"and "Micro's". I never heard of a Micro! When my wife and I questioned whether or not there would be legitimate papers, we were told that we could pay for a birth certificate through the mail. When we decided to leave, we were told that these dogs are pets and not for show, and if we went elsewhere, it would be twice as much for the same dog. We did not trust in the health and well being of these dogs or the characters that worked in this storefront. We will do more to find a reputable breeder with a proper number of Yorkies in his litter, and not a storefront with dozens of dogs. This place also appears to trade under a few different names. Many red flags. Be careful.

The Puppy Boutique Company Profile