2.16/5

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Reviews

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Both cats started vomiting and had diarrhea for five days several times per day while eating wet True Nature Grain Free Purina food. I will request refund from Amazon and somehow return food to be destroyed. This has NEVER happened before.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Began feeding my 16 year old girl Purina one urinary tract health dry food today, and she has been vomiting and foaming at the mouth nonstop. I'm so angry and feel like I poisoned her by giving this food. It seems in one of many... I had already removed this food to return it. This is the first Purina product I have ever bought, and I will never use a Purina product again. I hope she will recover.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I had three cats pass away from cancer who consumed many years both Purina and Meow Mix formula. I am concerned about the old grains that dry foods are known to have and preservatives. I read on a review that this food has preservatives which made a cat gurus up and my cat was throwing up before got worse. Please call me at **.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I have a 14 year old, 6 pound dog. She is older with very much diminished senses. In fact she is blind, deaf and I am sure cannot taste. She ate the majority of a can of the Beef and Vegetable food yesterday. This was from a new can. She was exhibiting 0 signs of sickness. Seconds after eating she puked what I thought was all of it up. Well it wasn't all because she only got more sick. She was sick like you cannot imagine.

My puppy picked up one piece about the size of a dime. It fell the floor and we must have missed it. Well seconds after eating it she was foaming at the mouth and shaking her head. She knew it was bad because she has her senses. 24 hours later and minutes ago she took her last breath. 20 minutes into digging her grave a beautiful butterfly showed up. Take it how you want but it happened and I am grateful. Anyway be warned about the cans of food. At a minimum give your pet a small bite and see how they react. If they are old do not feed them this stuff for a long while.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I have two cats, both are young and my cats are not related, and both are not pure bred cats. I have been feeding Fancy Feast cat food to my cats and past cats for years off and on. Right now since my cats are both young I can tell when the food is not good. Either they both will not eat it or they both throw up after eating the same Fancy Feast food. I usually try to use the pate Fancy Feast and when this happens it can be any flavor, but it's the same flavor and can when they get sick. When this starts happening I stop giving them Fancy Feast and change to another brand. I worry that there is something bad in these foods. I have asked different vets over the years about cat foods and Fancy Feast is one that they say do not use if possible... I feel I should have the food analyzed the next time this happens. I worry that these large companies think more about the money than the cats...

They are definitely charging high prices for small portions... I can't find my receipt, but will give the cans scan information 5000042974 on bottom of can it says Best by: Jan 2019 70221160L21300908. Some of this food is purchased at Pavilions in Malibu and some is purchased at Smart & Final on Lindero in Westlake Village, CA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pro Plan Cat Food?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Earlier tonight I opened a new 7LB bag of Purina One dry cat food. As soon as I opened it, all of these moths came flying out of the bag. Right away I dumped 85% of it in the trash to see what is at the bottom and there were bugs crawling everywhere inside, moths still flying out of bag and cocoons on inside and outside of bag in the seams. I contacted Purina and was told they will send me a replacement coupon and discount coupons. I contacted the store and they said bring what is left of the bag in and they will replace.

I went to the store and when I went to grab another bag I examined the outside good and it had cocoons on the seams of the bag. I went to grab another bag and all these moths came flying out. I checked all the bags on the shelf and they all seem to have these cocoons on the outside. I told the store manager never mind, I am not getting a replacement bag because they are all infested. They gave me store credit. I am still roaming my house with a vacuum hose sucking these moths up that are flying around and the cats are helping with chasing and catching them. I'm so grossed out. I will NEVER get any more Purina products ever again. This might explain why my cat has had such bad diarrhea lately.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I purchased 4 cases of Purina Pro Plan Wet Cat Food True Nature: Natural Ocean Whitefish & Salmon Entree. I opened the can and in the food was a piece of blue plastic, luckily the plastic was exposed so I saw it in time and did not feed the food to my cat. I have reached out to the company. In the meantime, hopefully other cats have not been consuming the plastic in this faulty batch that was made.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I gave my cat 2 tablespoons of Purina friskies canned food. Within 10 minutes she began vomiting then became wobbly then started howling (pain) tender stomach. Then couldn't stand up. Threw up more. Breathing became slower then 30 mins later stopped breathing. Died. She was very healthy and playfully till after she licked the food 3 times. It took about 6 hrs for her to die. It was the most horrifying way I've ever seen any animal die.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I have been a cat owner my entire life. I began breeding Himalayans 35 years ago. Since that time I have changed my breed of cat to Egyptian Maus. I started feeding my cats Pro Plan wet food 15 years ago. My cats have always loved it. 7 years ago I found wet food that had higher protein levels that suited my active Maus better, so I switched over to that 50% of the time. I always thought your brand was unassailable until I did some research. I found out some of your meat products are not at all what I have been led to believe and the quality is not something a human being could eat without getting ill. Shame on all of you.

Two of my Egyptian Maus died from something that couldn't be diagnosed from a simple autopsy. I can't blame it on your food without proof. I can however lower your score. Yes my cats are obsessed with the taste but after reading about what goes into it I am horrified. It is less expensive than my other wet food but it's not about the money. My pets are dear to my family, and of course to me, they ARE FAMILY.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Recently Purina changed this food (Purina One salmon and tuna blend try food). I had quite a few cats on it. After they changed it, every one of my cats on this food starting getting sick and vomiting! I wrote Purina asking what they did to the food. I never got an answer. So I would steer clear of the "new" Purina one salmon and tuna blend. Try cat food!!!

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Company Information