2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pro Plan Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pro Plan Cat Food?

Original review: July 4, 2020

My vet recommended Purina Pro Plan Food but definitely not the grain free. My cats enjoy it and they seem to be losing some weight also which is great. With the prices of cat food going up it’s almost the same price as Fancy Feast which is just empty calories.

Original review: July 3, 2020

My cats enjoyed this food and they never produced hairballs. But my one cat put on quite a bit of weight so I swapped to a higher % of meat. She's lost the weight, though I don't know if it's the new product or she doesn't like the taste as much!

Original review: July 2, 2020

Purina Pro Plan is a great all around cat food for indoor cats! I have European Burmese cats that are 18 yrs old this year, and are still playful like kittens! Their coats are beautiful and it all due to their food and care!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I have tried the Purina Pro Plan in the dry foods in different flavors for my cats, and they all loved it, but since my cats have developed urinary crystals from eating dry foods from all different brands and flavors, purchased from all the major pet companies, I have decided to take them off of dry foods completely after researching more into foods that are best for urinary health. I purchased Purina Pro Plan for Urinary Tract Health in canned, and only one of my cats ate the canned food. The others wouldn't eat it. My cats did vomit off of certain flavors of the dry food in the past made from Purina Pro Plan, but with other flavors they loved and had no problems.

Overall, you pay for what you get, is the reason higher quality foods are more expensive, but no matter how high quality the dry food is, it's not worth feeding dry foods to your cats. After researching the different foods, I reduced my overall five star for Purina Pro Plan for Urinary Tract Health to two stars mainly because of the ingredients used in to make it, and also because all my cats aren't eating it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

For the past 13 years or more My cat were eating Pro Plan and the past year I observed that they are not eating like before and this month they are all vomiting the food. Is there a reason they stop making the True Nature?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I just bought a case of Gourmet Naturals to try to transition my girl cat to eat it...and also figured I would give my boy cat some too. I have read so many reviews about cats getting sick on Fancy Feast that I am wondering if I should throw it out. Unfortunately after I just started to transition my cat to eat this. I thought maybe since the naturals are pretty new maybe there would not be a problem with it. My girl cat has a problem with her stomach so I expect that maybe she may throw up but my boy could eat nails and it would not bother him so I could better judge as to how he reacts if it ok or not. Just really scared and concerned about my choice to use this food.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Contains carrageenan in the ingredients! This additive has been well documented as causing cancer in cats. Many cat food companies have removed this additive from its wet foods. (I don't believe it is contained in dry foods because CARRAGEENAN is a thickening agent.) I had been feeding it to my cats and just noticed the other day that it contains this additive. We consumers must read labels carefully (although the list of ingredients is difficult to read because of the very small print.) I am surprised that Purina would have this ingredient in their foods.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Started feeding Pro Plan Focus Salmon in 2014 after consulting a Purina sales rep at a pet store. Kitty loved it. After learning it had too many carbs bought more different brands of food. The male started getting tummy trouble. Female was okay. After a few months and a few different bags had to concede Pro Plan it is! Both Focus and Savour Salmon always a big hit. The only downside is the male put on too much weight with it but it's the only food they love and no tummy woes. Bought the shredded variety once but that upset the tummy but was giving a wet food too. So don't know which one exactly caused it so after buying expensive foods gourmet foods Pro Plan it still is. Wish they'd take the soy products out though.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I started my kittens on Purina Pro Plan Focus for Kittens Chicken and Rice flavor, based on my vet's recommendation, and purchased there. The first bag was very heartily eaten by both (non related) kittens and they thrived on it. I could not find it in my local stores, so I ordered from Amazon. One kitten will eat it though not as heartily, the other now refuses it. He also has developed severe, runny, foul diarrhea. I don't know if the Amazon bag was foul or not, but something is very wrong. He was gaining weight, very healthy, active, alert before I fed him the Pro Plan from Amazon. I do not know what to even try, now, other than making my own kitty food.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Followed the recommended amount of food for my cat's start weight alternating as advised. No additional food or treats given. My overweight cat gained weight (2 lbs to be exact) after three weeks on this plan. Discourage to see a weight gain gone back to prior vet recommended plan. My poor boy now has added weight to lose.

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Company Information