2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pro Plan Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pro Plan Cat Food?

Original review: July 6, 2020

I rely on how my cats are feeling. I read the ingredients and they seem ok. I tried Blue Buffalo and it was to rich for them. They threw up. So I read reviews and I have them eating Purina Tender Selects -salmon and they like the smell of it. I am trusting Purina to make a food that promotes good health and long life. Both my kitties look healthy.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Garbage ingredients. Including meat byproducts in the food is just a cheap way for a company of finding a solution for all the wasted stuff after removing the core meat of the animal. Quality type foods don't include meat b-products, anything artificial or added color.

Original review: July 4, 2020

My vet recommended Purina Pro Plan Food but definitely not the grain free. My cats enjoy it and they seem to be losing some weight also which is great. With the prices of cat food going up it’s almost the same price as Fancy Feast which is just empty calories.

Original review: July 3, 2020

My cats enjoyed this food and they never produced hairballs. But my one cat put on quite a bit of weight so I swapped to a higher % of meat. She's lost the weight, though I don't know if it's the new product or she doesn't like the taste as much!

Original review: July 2, 2020

Purina Pro Plan is a great all around cat food for indoor cats! I have European Burmese cats that are 18 yrs old this year, and are still playful like kittens! Their coats are beautiful and it all due to their food and care!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I have tried the Purina Pro Plan in the dry foods in different flavors for my cats, and they all loved it, but since my cats have developed urinary crystals from eating dry foods from all different brands and flavors, purchased from all the major pet companies, I have decided to take them off of dry foods completely after researching more into foods that are best for urinary health. I purchased Purina Pro Plan for Urinary Tract Health in canned, and only one of my cats ate the canned food. The others wouldn't eat it. My cats did vomit off of certain flavors of the dry food in the past made from Purina Pro Plan, but with other flavors they loved and had no problems.

Overall, you pay for what you get, is the reason higher quality foods are more expensive, but no matter how high quality the dry food is, it's not worth feeding dry foods to your cats. After researching the different foods, I reduced my overall five star for Purina Pro Plan for Urinary Tract Health to two stars mainly because of the ingredients used in to make it, and also because all my cats aren't eating it.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I used to feed my cats all the foods from Pet Food Express, supposed to be "higher quality foods", then noticed that they were vomiting, had diarrhea with certain brands, and gained weight. Then my cats started to develop crystals and blood in their urine, which was a huge red flag for me, that these supposed "higher quality foods" were causing my cats to form crystals in their urine. Mentally, it was difficult for me to switch to the other brands like Hills Science Diet and Purina foods because I believed from reading some reviews that they weren't great quality foods. But my vet carries these brands, and vet professionals have informed me that these brands are great quality foods.

After researching the best foods for my cats, I decided to stick with Purina Pro Plan for Urinary Health foods because every time I have used Purina Pro Plan in both wet and dry foods (in different flavors and types), they have never failed my cats. They love the food, they haven't vomited or had diarrhea with any of the foods, they're able to maintain a healthy weight, and most important of all, they're not suffering from urinary issues, such as with crystals or infection.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

For the past 13 years or more My cat were eating Pro Plan and the past year I observed that they are not eating like before and this month they are all vomiting the food. Is there a reason they stop making the True Nature?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I just bought a case of Gourmet Naturals to try to transition my girl cat to eat it...and also figured I would give my boy cat some too. I have read so many reviews about cats getting sick on Fancy Feast that I am wondering if I should throw it out. Unfortunately after I just started to transition my cat to eat this. I thought maybe since the naturals are pretty new maybe there would not be a problem with it. My girl cat has a problem with her stomach so I expect that maybe she may throw up but my boy could eat nails and it would not bother him so I could better judge as to how he reacts if it ok or not. Just really scared and concerned about my choice to use this food.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Contains carrageenan in the ingredients! This additive has been well documented as causing cancer in cats. Many cat food companies have removed this additive from its wet foods. (I don't believe it is contained in dry foods because CARRAGEENAN is a thickening agent.) I had been feeding it to my cats and just noticed the other day that it contains this additive. We consumers must read labels carefully (although the list of ingredients is difficult to read because of the very small print.) I am surprised that Purina would have this ingredient in their foods.

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Company Information