2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pro Plan Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pro Plan Cat Food?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I started my kittens on Purina Pro Plan Focus for Kittens Chicken and Rice flavor, based on my vet's recommendation, and purchased there. The first bag was very heartily eaten by both (non related) kittens and they thrived on it. I could not find it in my local stores, so I ordered from Amazon. One kitten will eat it though not as heartily, the other now refuses it. He also has developed severe, runny, foul diarrhea. I don't know if the Amazon bag was foul or not, but something is very wrong. He was gaining weight, very healthy, active, alert before I fed him the Pro Plan from Amazon. I do not know what to even try, now, other than making my own kitty food.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Followed the recommended amount of food for my cat's start weight alternating as advised. No additional food or treats given. My overweight cat gained weight (2 lbs to be exact) after three weeks on this plan. Discourage to see a weight gain gone back to prior vet recommended plan. My poor boy now has added weight to lose.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My cat is a very healthy cat. 2 days after eating this food, she had her entire butt caked in orange poop. This hasn't happened with other foods and yet I switch to this supposed "great" food and it is the worst experience I have ever had. I will never. Never buy this food again. Do not buy it for your cat if you care about them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Purina uses garbage from the landfill as "nutrients" in their pet food! This is why people are finding bugs and metal in the food! They also use road kill and euthanized pets! Boycott Nestle! They are evil! They bought out Purina and that's when the problems began! This cat food causes my cats to get sores and scabs all over their bodies and their hair falls out in patches!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I have 3 indoor cats that I started feeding Purina Pro-Plan for sensitive stomachs, all 3 cats are vomiting every other day; I ordered this thru Amazon. I think there’s something wrong with this food. It’s a 16# bag. The last time I ordered this food it was loaded with ants, that was thru Chewy.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My cat has been fed Purina One most of her life and she is now on the Senior cat food. At 15 years old the vets that I go to cannot believe she is 15 as she looks amazing. Her coat is healthy, thick and flowing and she is full of life. It seems that every single brand of pet food has killed a pet on here which makes me quite skeptical about such claims. All I can say is that this food has been a fabulous foundation for my cat's health and I would highly recommend!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I'm reviewing this product (Purina ProPlan Veterinary Diets UR urinary St/Ox) as unsafe. My two male cats both 5 years old were diagnosed with crystals in their bladders and have been on this prescribed formula for 3 years now. They have been eating this food without any problems. Now halfway into their brand new case of canned pate food they suddenly one day won't eat. These are cats that sing at my feet every morning for their breakfast. They have loved to eat this food before this. The expiration is in 2019. I'm sure it has to be contaminated or not canned properly. BAD BATCH!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Both cats started vomiting and had diarrhea for five days several times per day while eating wet True Nature Grain Free Purina food. I will request refund from Amazon and somehow return food to be destroyed. This has NEVER happened before.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Began feeding my 16 year old girl Purina one urinary tract health dry food today, and she has been vomiting and foaming at the mouth nonstop. I'm so angry and feel like I poisoned her by giving this food. It seems in one of many... I had already removed this food to return it. This is the first Purina product I have ever bought, and I will never use a Purina product again. I hope she will recover.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I had three cats pass away from cancer who consumed many years both Purina and Meow Mix formula. I am concerned about the old grains that dry foods are known to have and preservatives. I read on a review that this food has preservatives which made a cat gurus up and my cat was throwing up before got worse. Please call me at **.

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Company Information