1.07/5

347 Frontline Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 24, 2019

I've notice they happened to me that has happened to others ordering off Amazon. I actually applied to to my mama cat and I just happened to see a dog on the green dispenser and I immediately gave her a good bath. I almost put it on my other cats. I am so upset by this. I did get a refund. I just wonder if someone that works for Merrick could have done that on purpose.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Inside the 'Frontline Plus for cats' box that I ordered, there are 3 vials that are marked "Frontline Plus for dogs, 45 - 88 lbs." I am currently trying to contact Merial. Thank goodness I caught this in time.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I am horrified by my experience. I bought a 3 pack of Frontline Plus for cats from Amazon. Box arrived, said it was for cats. Inside the box the outer foil said for cats. The vial/green squeeze thing said it was for dogs 45 to 88 lbs. First - never mix flea meds between cats and dogs. Dog flea meds are toxic to cats. But second, even if it was okay, that would have overdosed my cats. I can't even think about the worst outcome! I called Amazon and was refunded, but I also called Merial. This was clearly an issue at their plant - where the vials were sealed in the wrong foil pack. Very scary. They're going to send me out a replacement and they want me to send them everything so they can investigate further. I emailed photos and am waiting for the label to send the stuff back. BE CAREFUL! I don't want you to lose a kitty! Check your medication before applying it.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I spent over $100 for this for my 2 dogs and they still have fleas. I feel so bad for them because they are itching like crazy and I feel like there's nothing I can do for them. I've spent over $100 on this Frontline stuff and flea collars and now I just guess I'm going to have to take them to the vet and spend more money.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I ordered the Frontline Plus for my cat. The box was for cat and so was the entire packaging, but the actual medication was for a 45-88 lb dog. Luckily I double checked the medication before I gave it or I would have overdosed my 8 lb cat. Now I cannot get ahold of their customer service to warn them. I am very disheartened by this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: May 30, 2019

On May 10, 2019 I noticed my dog scratching and gave her a bath. She had fleas so I went to PetSmart and purchased the 6 dose pack of Frontline Plus for Dogs and applied it. I also purchased another product for my smaller dog, which I will also write a review on! I spent $146.39 on products that did NOTHING! On May 18th I had paid my exterminator to come a treat the yard because I still noticed fleas. He informed me that the product does not work, that fleas get immune to it. I was still noticing fleas and scratching, so yesterday I ended up having to pick up flea treatment from my vet, which is again not cheap!!! So pretty much a month and still have fleas! I called PetSmart to see if I could get at least some of my money back and won’t go into detail about the ignorance of some people. I was told that fleas do not become immune to the product and was asked how long I had been using it.

I informed them that this was the first time I ever had to treat for fleas. Three sentences later, was told the product will not work if you have been using it for a long time! SERIOUSLY! Do you know the definition of immune!!!! GUESS NOT! I decided to contact the company! What a waste of time!!!! They said that your dog will still get fleas. It kills them before they can reproduce and that there is nothing stating that fleas become immune. The rep also stated that you need to use the product for 3 months. Well who wants to wait three months to see if a product is going to work! Amazing how after 1 day of treatment from medication from the vet, yep you guessed it, NO FLEAS OR SCRATCHING! If you want to waste your money and continue to have fleas you should purchase this product! And do not count on customer service to be of any help!

Original review: May 23, 2019

My experience was very similar to Linda's of Live Oak, FL. except one of my cats died! I noticed a flea on the cat that eventually died (probably three weeks after the previous application of Frontline Plus) and decided to bathe her. There must have been hundreds of fleas on this poor animal. I checked another cat, bathed him, and sure enough, hundreds of fleas came off him, too. He is recovering. I would give this product zero stars if allowed because it is NOT doing what the company claims it should do, thus deceiving pet owners, leading to severe illness and even deaths! Why is this being allowed?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I apply Frontline Gold to my dog and cat and within 2 weeks the fleas have returned. Frontline Gold for cats is less effective than Frontline Gold for dogs but neither product keeps fleas away for an entire month. I have tried applying it after a bath and up to 5 days before a bath but it's the same result. This month is worse than last month. After applying Frontline Gold 2 weeks ago and bathing my kitty 1 week ago, he had live fleas crawling on him yesterday. He never leaves the home and he only has contact with my dog. Since it's not safe to apply another product yet, he had another bath last night. I had this same experience with Frontline in 2013. That time, I had to use Revolution then Comfortis to kill the fleas after using Frontline. I will be switching to a different product as soon as I find one that is safe and effective.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I used Frontline Plus on my pregnant shelties. I had 3 litters with deformed puppies. The first litter had 2 bloated babies. The second litter had a puppy born with its brain outside its head. She also had another that was a bloated baby. The 3rd litter had 3 totally deformed puppies with big cleft palates and deformed jaws. Each of the pregnant girls lived at different houses so it isn't environmental. This is the first time I used Frontline on pregnant girls. Frontline claims it is safe for pregnant dogs. That is not what was true for my shelties. I did notify Frontline but they weren't helpful.

Original review: April 14, 2019

IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. I've been using Frontline Gold for cats on the 1st of every month, for almost 2 years on my two indoor/outdoor cats. Two weeks ago, l noticed one was dropping weight, eating poorly, and seemed lethargic. Took her to the vet and her blood work showed very low liver function and very anemic. When they shaved her belly for ultrasound, she was INFESTED WITH FLEAS... That is what was causing the anemia, and in turn, causing her liver issues. Vet told me Frontline is garbage and switched her to Bravecto. 48 hours, several B12 boosters, some fancy pricey vet prescribed cat food, and $1400 later, she's eating again. She was about 2 days away from needing a transfusion and/or death. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: March 6, 2019

When we first got our dog this product did work for a while. Then it became ineffective. Started using Trifexis for years then that got too expensive so we tried Frontline Plus again. After 3 weeks our dog still has fleas. I called their customer service for their “moneyback guarantee” and they tried to explain to me how their product works. ”DUH.” Told her I wanted my money back and she said I needed to give the dog three treatments before I would be eligible. I hung up on her and threw the two remaining treatments in the trash! This product is completely useless. Don’t waste your time and money. I’m going to purchase the Seresto collar. That seemed to work the last time we tried it.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I put Frontline Plus on my 2 cats 3 days ago. They are losing hair. Spots are scabbed up. My cats are healthy indoor/outdoor kitties. They have never had a problem like this before. I took them to the vet and was told the reaction was from the Frontline was the cause. They did not have fleas before I put the product on. They have never had a flea problem. I use a different product from my vet. I was just trying to save money. Shame on me. It cost me double because I used Frontline! NEVER AGAIN!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We've used Frontline Plus for YEARS on all of our kitties, but now it DOESN'T WORK AT ALL???!!! Bought it on sale 2 years in a row, as it's so expensive, now have 21 useless doses of this product, not to mention our babies' discomfort from fleas. If there's a class action suit, I'M IN!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Last night I asked a question about a promo gift card that was added to my receipt. All the Frontline staff seemed nice and agreed it wasn’t showing up on my receipt correctly. Then a manager type came and was very rude and clearly annoyed. I had been there for over 10 minutes at this point and frankly didn’t care anymore. It wasn’t worth my time. The manager was condescending. I won’t be shopping there anymore.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

For me to write a review is usually due to an experience, service or product being extraordinarily great or completely horrible. Frontline Plus for Cats... complete disappointment. My five cats had their first dose of this so called flea “preventative” a little over a month ago. I didn’t see a bit of improvement but thought maybe the next dose will be effective. So a week & a half ago was their second dose. Not only has there still not been any improvement, the fleas are significantly WORSE. This stuff is crap. That’s all.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I used Frontline Plus for 10 years on my Shih Tzu and he never had a flea or tick. He constantly had allergies from the time he ws 4 and we just attributed that to his poor breeding! Now I'm starting to wonder if it was from years of Frontline. I have a 4 year old female who had been using Frontline Plus for all her life and got ticks and fleas 2 months ago! Bought thru Chewy.com so I have all receipts and don't jump thru normal Merial hoops. Ok'ed my refund for a bad batch of Frontline Plus and 2 months later still waiting! Don't need the money, but if I did, Frontline (Merial) guarantee would be worthless.

Chewy was great! I called to alert them of a bad batch and gave them the lot number, in case anyone else called with a problem. They volunteered to pay my Vet bill and stand behind everything they sell! I am now looking for a better way to repel and kill fleas and ticks on my Shih Tzu who has Champion bloodlines and a reputable breeder! Probably will research natural alternatives because of my bad experience with Frontline Plus.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Just used Frontline on my 2 dogs a month ago and it didn't work at all! It was expensive and since I didn't want to put any more chemicals on my dogs within that month, I've needed to continually bathe them and purchase flea shampoos just until I can try a different product. I will NEVER buy this product again!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I used this product on my Cairn Terrier per product recommendations. He was getting ready to turn 4 and started having ALL of the symptoms listed including violent seizures. He was in ICU at a university vet hospital but there wasn't anything they could do to save him. Autopsy revealed encephalitis but I think that the product played an important role in his demise. My daughter also used the product on her poodle and within 24 hours of using the product he had N/V, muscle pain, generalized weakness, itching, hair loss, uncoordinated movements, excessive salivation, and lethargy. After we realized the cause, we bathed him in Dawn dish soap several times. He is better but still has symptoms. We realized that there was a pattern to his deteriorating condition after the use. My sister acknowledged that she too has had similar experiences after using this product on her dogs. Since this, we have ceased using this product on all of our dogs.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Frontline plus for Dogs does not work to treat fleas. I have always used this products for my outdoor dogs, it certainly helps with ticks but when this season we had fleas. I applied this product to my German Shepard two weeks ago and she is extremely miserable. She is infested with fleas, don’t waste your money buying this product. It is an ultimate loss for your money and your fur baby! So upset with Frontline!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I used Frontline many years ago on outside strays and it seemed to work well. At the end of June I noticed fleas on my inside cats and that the outside cat had fleas also even though he’d been on Frontline Plus for months/year. I started all house pets on Frontline Plus and began a strict regiment of sprays with growth inhibitors and DE, as I don’t want to bomb the house because of lung cancer issues. By the end of October, one of the House cats was so sick I took her to the vets. Well, nearly $1,000.00 later, I’m treating her for anemia from fleas.

My vet switched me to Seresto collar for house cats and Revolution for outside cat. Things are finally better. Warning to all, Frontline is no longer effective. I’m in New Jersey, don’t waste your time, money or hurt your pets wasting valuable time allowing fleas to multiply and infest your home. I hardly ever write reviews, but this time I feel compelled to voice my opinion because this nearly killed a sweet, smart 10 year old cat. This product should be off the market.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

This has no effect on the fleas for our two cats. Been using regularly every four weeks. We're going to go back to the vets and get their own treatment that although expensive, works. We won't be using Frontline again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

NEVER buy this product. Fleas worse on dog and fleas throughout house and humans. I assumed Frontline was a good product; however, it is the WORST. How can you sell a product with such deception? Our whole house is miserable because of Frontline. We demand some kind of restitution for selling a pricey fraud, and your company should be ashamed and embarrassed. I demand my money back and your company come into our flea-ridden house to get rid of these pests. My whole family, and my poor dog are suffering greatly. Shame on you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I treat my dog and 3 cats regularly. Used this products 3 weeks ago and then started with an infestation of fleas. This product is a lie and a scam. When I called the company they only explained life of a flea and let me know this is my fault because I let my dog outside to go to the bathroom.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My cat is losing its hair again after putting on the Frontline gold. I had an exterminator at my house for fleas. Both cats were boarded and had a flea bath. When they came home 2 days later I put Frontline and again my one cat’s hair began falling out and I found live fleas on them. For the price they charge for this stuff it should work. Both times it did not help with fleas. Disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Frontline used to work on fleas where I live. I had used the product several years ago and it worked. However, I got a flea infestation about a year ago and tried Frontline for several months along with using an exterminator for both inside and outside my home. I got rid of furniture and tried everything. I have spent thousands of dollars until finally, I sought the advice of a Veterinarian who informed me that Frontline no longer works where I live. They did have a good product at one time, but they really need to do some research to get up with the times. I got a prescription product from the vet. and two months later, after a year long losing battle, I am nearly flea free. I would not recommend this product anymore.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We've used Frontline Plus as a maintenance for our dog. After noticing our dog bite at herself around six months ago, we started applying Frontline Plus every 30 days, religiously. We are on the last application of a 180 day treatment cycle and we have had to get flea treatment at Petsmart's grooming service. The disappointment with the product comes from Frontline's customer service guarantee. They will tell you a thousand different reasons why your dog still has fleas. And. Their guarantee is good if you buy Frontline Plus from an approved veterinarian clinic and hold onto the receipt. In this situation, they will give you a refund and have your home treated by Terminix for fleas. So, if you want this product and Frontline's guarantee, you need to purchase it from an approved veterinarian clinic.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Frontline did nothing for my cat, especially this year. It always worked in the past. My cat has been treated with Frontline every 30 days this summer and I just found out she is infested with fleas!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have two huskies and they both broke out in sores after using this product. They barely had fleas so we were using this spray as an extra bit of security. My older husky is in worse shape because not only does his neck and back have sores on them, he also started acting differently which I'm thinking the spray may have made him sick. This was a terrible experience and this product needs to be taken out of stores before any other animals are harmed.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I say ditto to all these reports. It appear this failure is all since the company changed hands in 2016. We used it religiously up to 2016 and it worked great. Our old dog died then and last year we replaced her. We treated our dog every 30 days since June and she picked up fleas in August and we still can't get rid of them. This was never a issue prior to 2016. Appears to be an attempt to make more money with the same amount of raw material by cutting the amount used and keeping the price up or increasing it. We are done with Frontline forever!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We love the product but the packaging is poor. It is hard to open and the last box we got one of the doses had a pinhole in it. You are pretty much out 12 dollars when this happens. We ordered it online so it was impossible to tell.

Frontline Company Information