Frontline

Compare Pet Care Companies

Research top Pet Care Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought this Frontline Plus for both of my dogs thinking that it would get rid of their fleas considering it was over 50 dollars. It did nothing except make their fleas 10 times worse!!! This product is garbage and a waste of my money!!! I am extremely irritated that I even used this product in the first place. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this Frontline Plus completely!!!

We purchased the Frontline Plus product through Walmart and tried the product and it really did not work. What I am complaining about is that the actual vials were not even full on the last dose, in fact nothing was in them. We contacted Frontline directly and they asked if any of the product leaked and the response was no. They told me to get a receipt from Walmart then send the package back with the vials that were defective and it would be replaced. Well I contacted Walmart and they said in order to get receipt would take ages to go through sales and best bet was to contact Frontline to see if they honor their product. I gave up because of time consumed and will burn the amount of cash I spent on it. After 3 months expected the product to work so did not think about even keeping the receipt. Out of pocket $40 for a product that was useless. Its not the money it is the principle of it.

I have never been so sad in my life. After applying Advantage II for Cats to my cat, he became weak, lost use of his hind legs and blind in one eye. He suffered a seizure and died. He was a gorgeous 6 y.o. Himalayan. He's gone. This company should be ashamed and remove ALL products containing these harmful ingredients. Disgusted!

Do not use this crap on your pets. There are so many better and natural alternatives to getting rid of fleas. There's vinegar, **, and diatomaceous earth. These things work too. Frontline and all this crap is all hype and marketing. They use it to fool all you idiots out there and make lots of money. It's a toxic and terrible product and it doesn't even get rid of fleas and it's not safe for animals. People out there are mindless idiots and puppets and just listen to anything their vet tells them. Also stupid clueless people put this crap on their pets every month - you're slowly doing bad to your pet. Do NOT use this crap. Do NOT let these stupid companies get away with these terrible products.

Now these idiots have something called Frontline spray. When I had my kittens neutered, this stupid place put this nasty awful stuff Frontline spray on my cat. First off, it got all over my clothes, car, etc... it was terrible. Worse, my cat has not been happy and has been more aggressive. I was really upset. I should have had him taken to get a bath but didn't do that. This stuff stays on for one month - so you dowse an animal in this toxin and it stays on their body and skin. That is such a terrible thing to do to an animal. Do NOT use these products. They are not safe for your pets... Don't be one of the mindless idiots out there who does this.

I was deciding what product to use at the store, and after reading reviews on both (that Frontline is supposed to protect from fleas and ticks) I decided on Frontline. I wish I would have read this first, as I just applied a second round of Frontline... thinking I may have not applied it correctly the first time. It did absolutely nothing to kill the fleas, and now I'll have to wait to reapply another product. I used a different product on the dog, since I had already had it on hand, and the fleas were literally falling off in a matter of hours.

I hate using any of these products, but the last time I think I used Advantage for the cat and had no problems. I am usually all natural, but I hate to see my pets scratching themselves to death, and my cat and dog both have very thick fur making it nearly impossible to get the fleas with a comb. Usually it is a one-time "pesticide" application, and along with vacuuming and constantly washing everything for several weeks, the fleas are gone... so I guess I can handle that. Now I have to give the cat a third treatment (with a different product of course) and hope it works... because Frontline is a waste of time and money, along with putting harmful chemical on my pet for no reason.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Frontline Plus and Frontline Gold are no longer effective in controlling fleas or eggs on pets. We used both products per instructions beginning in June. 100's of fleas nevertheless. We switched to ** by Merck, which your vet will prescribe. The medicine comes in chewable form. No more fleas, eggs, no more itching!!! Frontline and Merial need to realize that fleas across the country are now IMMUNE to their products.

I had my vet apply Frontline to my 80 pound male German Shepherd. My dog became lethargic for the first 24 hours. The next day he lost control of his hind legs. I rushed him back to the vet but he had a massive seizure in the car and died before we arrived.

I have all my receipts for this product. I started purchasing this product back in July. It is now December and the product has not worked. I have followed the directions on the box and no results. I am very disappointed that I've wasted so much money on a product that didn't work! I would like to be contacted by this company to see how they can make it right by me.

The WORSE thing on the market that you can buy for your pet. My ten month old Pekingese has been miserable ever since I applied it. I have always used Advantage and I am going to bathe all of this nasty Frontline that is USELESS off him and purchase Advantage again. This company has terrible ratings and here's another. BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT USE FRONTLINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! It is ineffective and your pet will scratch worse than ever!

I bought Frontline Plus at my local Tractor Supply store because I get a discount as my son works there. I purchased the three-month treatment of three applications for both my dogs, a full grown Golden Retriever and puppy brother. I gave them both flea baths to start and treated them after for the third time 2 weeks ago. They kept scratching but I thought it was just dry skin. When I would bathe them, I didn't notice fleas and that's why I thought their skin was just dry. In northeast Ohio it's cold and it dries out your skin.

I was just on playing with my pup and I picked a flea off him. I treated my dogs before I moved in to my new house and it's too cold. We've had an inch of snowfall recently, so fleas aren't active outside and they didn't bring them with them. My question is... If they have been treated, moved to a new place, it's too cold out for fleas, where the hell are the fleas coming from and what has this treatment done but waste my money? I can't get a refund because I didn't buy it from a vet and I don't have the three-month-old receipt. FRONTLINE PLUS DOESN'T WORK!!!

I have been using Frontline on my cat for 15 years, Shih-Tzu for 8 years, and Rottweiler for 4 years and have never had any problems until now. I have been fighting fleas on every single animal for the past 3 months. I have been going crazy trying to figure out what is going on but now that I have read some reviews on here, I see that I'm not the only one. I feel horrible seeing how uncomfortable they are; all 3 are constantly scratching, biting, and jumping around like crazy. I'm extremely disappointed in this company because something has had to have changed. I don't know whether it's cheaper ingredients or different ingredients but something has changed. I am extremely upset that after 15 years of using a product that worked, I am now having to fight to make our home flea-free. I use to swear by Frontline and suggested it to everyone... well not anymore. SHAME ON YOU Frontline.

I bought Frontline Plus to help my little shih tzu with her flea problem. Two days after applying the recommended dose I thought she was dying. She couldn't get up, she could barely open her eyes, she was shaking uncontrollably and when she was able to open her eyes, they were dull in appearance. I of course got her to the vet immediately and she had a very irregular heartbeat. The vet told me that it's quite possible that she was having a reaction to the Frontline Plus. I'm happy to report that she is doing well and back to her old self but I will NEVER use this product again!

I have a German Shepherd and live with a family who have 2 med dogs of their own. A year ago when I saw no sign of fleas I decided that it wasn't flea and tick season and decided not to apply Frontline to my dog. It was a big mistake. The next month we had fleas everywhere. We spent the next month bombing, spraying, washing bedding, and bathing regularly to rid the infestation. We succeeded.

This past month we forgot to put Frontline on a different dog (missed about 2 months) and the fleas came back. My frustration got the better of me. The fleas on my dog seemed too pleased to be there and Frontline appeared to be not working. The statement: "Any fleas that jump on to your treated pet will die within 12 to 24 hours." seemed flaky so I decided to test it. My dog was on the tail end of the month's application, so the medicine should be at its weakest. I combed my dog, quickly found a couple fleas and put them in a jar. I set it there for the night and in the morning found that the fleas were either dead or twitching. According to Frontline: "But adult fleas on your pet are only 5% of the total flea problem. The other 95% are the eggs, larvae and pupae in the environment waiting to hatch and jump on to your pets." So I just needed to wait it out.

I can't speak for those who say they've been using it for years and it doesn't work. Try using the test I used to verify that the fleas are living longer than the product indicates they should. If they are dying then the fleas are coming from another source of food for them. Neighbors pets might be a factor. Wild animals can also be a source of fleas. Rodents can carry fleas and can deposit flea eggs wherever they go. In all though, do your homework and find out more beyond the punchlines that are listed on the commercials.

All of us here love our four legged family members (if we didn't, we wouldn't take the time to review). My heart breaks to see my cat striving for comfort (licking, biting, jumping around like a mad man) as I do everything possible to care for him. Convinced by my husband to switch to Frontline (because it's a "superior" product), I have found much disappointment. We are now in the 5th month of using Frontline with NO relief of pests. Shame on me, I bought a 6 month supply... I have NOT found 1 dead flea on him and keep having to bathe & comb them out. Definitely a waste of money and I will NEVER use this product again. I'll be switching back to your competitor Advantage II.

Purchased this product 4 days ago because my vet had closed early and I couldn't purchase the Vectra I normally use. Treated my dog as instructed. I may as well have not used it at all. Now my dog has to wait and be miserable for 30 more days until his next treatment. Called Frontline and they Frontline isn't supposed to make your dog stop itching, but is supposed to kill the fleas and it may take "2 or 3" cycles before it works!!! To get a "one time refund" you have to provide your receipt (which naturally I have since thrown out) AND proof that any/all other pets in your home have been treated for 3 months - even if they're strictly indoor animals. Don't waste your money on a product that will give your pet NO relief!: (

I used this on 1 of my dogs for a long time, and the other 2 since I got them 4 years ago. I NEVER used to have problems, the fleas would be gone in a matter of hours. And last til the next application, without seeing fleas. For the last 2 years, it has not worked, nor did another product I tried in between. I went back to Frontline, thinking maybe a bad batch or out of date, but I really don't think that is it. Because now... it does not kill them all, nor does it last even 3 weeks. I don't know the problem is, I really don't. But I am not satisfied and I will look for another product.

I bought a 6 pack of Frontline plus and it did NOTHING!!! Somebody needs to SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN for STEALING our hard earned dollars!!! I paid OVER $106.00 for that 6 pack... Why is this company allowed to steal our money like this??? It's been said, "The fleas are resistant to the medicine this year." I say THEY CHEAPENED THE PRODUCT!!! Do NOT buy this product. IT DOESN'T EVEN KILL A FLEA EGG!!! RUBBISH!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

I have 3 cats and they all got fleas after moving to a new home. I have cleaned the house top to bottom including all bedding, soft furnishings etc and treated my cats with Frontline. This product did absolutely NOTHING to kill the fleas. I groomed them daily and was removing healthy fleas by the dozen. This morning my Beautiful boy Domino died and the fleas left him like rats leaving a sinking ship. This product is completely USELESS. I'm devastated.

I have always used Frontline Plus with no problems whatsoever, but this year it has not worked at all. I have treated my dogs with 3 treatments each of Frontline Plus in just over a month's time and they still both have fleas so bad that they have no hair on half their body, and have nothing but red skin filled with bites and sores, and the fleas just keep getting worse. My dogs are house dogs and every year I treat them in September for a few months until we get a good hard frost, and I have never had any problems with fleas. Now, both dogs have flea-related tapeworms that I also have to treat because the Frontline Plus has not worked.

My entire home is infested with fleas now. I have already bombed it twice and I am going to have to do it a 3rd time because the dogs still have fleas. Not only did I spend almost $70 for the Frontline Plus, but I have had to spend close to $150 on worm medicine, topical flea sprays, house foggers, Benadryl, itch cream, and my dogs still have fleas. Now, I am probably going to have to take them both to the vet to be treated because it is so bad for yet another added expense all because the Frontline Plus didn't work at all to prevent the fleas. This has now compounded into a huge problem for me and my dogs both physically and financially.

I don't know if the Frontline Plus formula was changed or if it just isn't the right formula for the fleas this year, but it doesn't work. In my opinion, if you are going to sell a product and make the claims that the product will kill fleas and flea eggs, you ought to test it and make sure that it does do what you say. I relied on the product to work as it has done in the past, but it didn't and now both of my dogs and I are all suffering with having to deal with a huge flea infestation that is now affecting my dogs' health.

I spent about $35 on the so-called generic, Walmart brand of Frontline Plus (exact same ingredients). Well, boy I disappointed. Stupidly, I went back to the Kroger Pharmacy and spent $59(!!) on the actual Frontline Plus. It claims my pets would be flea-free in about 4 hours. WHAT A RIP. Not only did it have absolutely NO effect on the dogs, they have POOF anywhere from 1 to 50 fleas on them out of the blue! Although I have (literally) gone (still do) go over my two dogs every 1/2 hour to 2 hours to make sure they have no fleas on them, I always find one to 15-20 EVERY SINGLE TIME. I am not sure what I got for my $50+, but the fleas seem to LOVE them even more. I found that the fleas are a result of my daughter having a cat at my house (upstairs, carpeted area) over the summer when she was home from school. I have bombed, sprayed, powdered (everywhere!), and put the FP on both.

To be fair, the FP is NOT the only thing that hasn't worked! Everything I used is supposed to kill, keep from multiplying, blah, blah, blah - someone PLEASE TELL ME what is the FP supposed to do? Are fleas not supposed to like them? Should they fall dead when they get on my pet? WHAT?? Now, I read that because I bought it from the Kroger Pharmacy, the big "Money Back Guarantee" is worthless? I am going to go over this box to see if that information was available before or after you opened the box. I also only hope that everybody sees this and put their sorry butts out of business. If it works on some (I doubt it), that's great. But do not put some phony guarantee on the package to rip the rest of us off. If it's only guaranteed from the vet - why the hell does Walmart, et al., carry it? It says to keep it from being counterfeit or something like that? So are they claiming that Walmart is peddling counterfeit product? So, is Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Target, etc.?

Where the hell are these otherwise reputable retailers getting all this counterfeit product? They know damn well that this is a way to rip off the public and not have to return any money for their useless crap. They know most people buy it at places like this out of convenience, price, etc. I mean it - IF they refuse to guarantee a product sold by a retailer that they shipped to, they need to be called on the carpet LEGALLY. Why is the vet so upstanding as opposed to these huge stores that have to follow shipping laws? This is ridiculous and they should have to honor their word. EVERYONE should write, email, call - until they are blue in the face. If you want a vet? Call me! I'll say "I'm your damn Vet!" Crazy idiots. We should fight back. Buying their product and trusting them has cost me $400 SO FAR, all the while thinking it would just be any minute before it worked.

Frontline used to work a treat. Finding dead fleas all over the house within a few hours. Now it has no effect at all. Both my cats are still struggling, despite flea shampoo, bombs and regular maintenance. Frontline has done nothing to help and is now a total and complete waste of money.

We bought this product from our vet almost 5 months ago, for our indoor kitten, & indoor/outdoor dog. We bought 6 month supplies for both. This product used to work great, now it doesn't work AT ALL! I am so mad. We paid almost $100 to gain an infestation. We used the product for 3 months before having enough. We treated the yard 2x, bombed the entire house 3x, called the vet, & then called Frontline. Frontline told me that they offer a "once in a lifetime reimbursement, professional flea treatment done by Orkin, or product exchange". Well it seems wrong that I'm to eat the loss of my money, and exchange it for a stranger to come pour chemicals in my house... only to get fleas again, before the time that I paid to be flea-free even ends.

The best part is - they told me they needed to call my veterinarian to get an invoice from them, & that they'd call me back to set up an appointment... but never did. I've gone through 3 bottles of flea dip for the indoor cat, & my dog passed away last month. My baby didn't even get to enjoy her last moments on this Earth, because she was covered in vermin and bloody sores. I hate you Frontline and hope to join a Class Action lawsuit against you!!!

Cosmo is our medium/large furry Goldendoodle (age 8). We have homes in Texas and New Mexico, where there are plenty of fleas, but we have not had problems with fleas (we use Trifexis) until I ran out of my supply recently while in New Mexico. Since I did not have Trifexis and our vet was in another state, I picked up Frontline at a local PetSmart. After I applied Frontline, Cosmo's flea problem persisted. At first I attributed the problem to a bad, or expired, batch of Frontline. I waited two weeks and, since Frontline seemed ineffective, gave Cosmo a tablet of Trifexis, which we had finally picked up in Texas. The flea problem stopped.

Coincidentally, a week or so ago, Cosmo ruptured his ACL while running down a hill and will need surgery (we do not know the cause). Now, while we are waiting for the surgery and cannot give Cosmo a flea bath, the fleas are back (I saw one on my arm after feeling many bites). A month has passed since I gave him Trifexis and It is time to treat him for fleas again, but we are out of Trifexis. I was about to re-try Frontline but fortunately decided to check the Internet before doing so. Thank you, everyone, for your posts! Based on everything you have reported and what Poor Cosmo experienced, something is definitely amiss with Frontline, and I will not be using the product again. I only hope that Cosmo's ACL problem, which is unusual for a dog in good health, is not related to Frontline. It is one thing to market an ineffective medication -- totally another to have the medication cause harm!

I have used this product in the past and found it very effective. However it appears to no longer work - I was very glad to read other reviews confirming this and yet it is still sold by pet stores in UK at a premium price in multiple doses. I have been told I am not entitled to a refund as there have been no studies to confirm it does not work!! Infuriating - hope that BBC 's Watchdog or some other similar media consumer affairs programme pick up on what is clearly a problem for many pet owners that are left out of pocket and pets that are still very uncomfortable hosting fleas.

We had used Advantage for years and our dog Max had never had an issue with fleas. Our vet quit carrying Advantage and switched us to Frontline this year. We started finding fleas on Max in June and the flea infestation began. We bathed Max at least every two weeks and applied the Frontline as directed. We cleaned our carpets, vacuumed frequently, sprayed our carpets with flea killer, combed max twice daily with a flea comb to no avail.

The fleas continued to get worse. Max was miserable. He was continually scratching, biting and licking himself. His skin looked terrible. He was losing hair and was developing sores from all the scratching. We used Frontline for 3 months and had had enough. We bought Advantage from a pet store. The first day we applied it within hours, the dead fleas were falling off of him. That night, he slept through the night for the first time in weeks. The next day, Max was acting like himself, playful and energetic. The company that produces Frontline needs to be investigated.

I used two vials of this product on my dog within two months (each one monthly). The second month did not even finish and already my dog was having fleas. Now my house has them. I had a similar problem last year, but thought I would give this product one more chance. This is a the last chance. What a waste of money. I'm also not happy that I used a toxic product that did not even work on the fleas.

I had used and trusted Frontline for over 12 plus years on both my cats and dogs. In 2015 I moved to a new home along with my five dogs. In the spring of 2015 I noticed that they were chewing and scratching going crazy. I immediately went to my vet and bought Frontline applied to all five, all to no avail. What should have taken care of fleas immediately began a year long nightmare. I couldn't understand WHY we were still dealing with fleas. Not only were my dogs infested, but now my home was too. So I went on the war path spraying the yard every 5-6 weeks, vacuuming the carpet and furniture every other day, washing dog bedding every week, bathing each dog every 6 days spending hours washing and pulling fleas off of them. I bought and bombed the house several times all to no avail.

I spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours trying to give my poor babies some relief from the chewing and scratching something I should have never had to do if Frontline had worked as they claim it does. After a long hard battle I had to call an exterminator more $$ spent and changed flea meds. I have noticed that indeed Frontline has changed, use to when I treated my pets you couldn't touch them where I had treated them because you could see the oily greasy spot where I had applied Frontline. Now when you apply Frontline you cannot even see where you applied it, you could look at the vials and see liquid in them. Now you can barely see any fluid, it has definitely changed. I totally agree that Frontline has been watered down.

I'm so glad that I happened upon this site because now I have confirmation that Frontline is trash!! One theme I have seen throughout all these reviewed is that ALL the pets treated became infested worse than they were before. How can a company that claims to care for our pets do this first to our pets and second to the pet owner, GREED!!! I WILL NEVER USE FRONTLINE AGAIN. Not only that I will be spreading the word. DO NOT USE FRONTLINE!

My completely healthy and happy dog is now dead due to Frontline. I applied it Friday and he became lethargic and unable to move. He was the best dog and just went swimming 2 days ago. Company kills.

I have used Frontline for several years and it worked. Now my poor baby dog has allergies and fleas. Very sad to see what has happened to a good product. We'll never used this again. You should be sued for the terrible sores and discomfort your product has caused on my Skittles. Shame on you???

Used Frontline on my dog for the last 4 years, but alas it is now rendered completely hopeless and my DOG and house has fleas. In my opinion it is now pointless to use Frontline. Lots of complaints about the product, and if only I had seen the complaints earlier I would definitely have changed protection. Fleas all over the dog and I have to wait 2 weeks before putting the new flea control on him having administered Frontline only a week ago. It has caused havoc at home. The whole house have to be sprayed with flea spray.

Frontline Company Profile