2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Frontline Reviews

Original review: March 28, 2020

Applicator difficult. I currently have 4 cats, and have had cats for about 40 years. I have always used Frontline. However, I will no longer use it, due to the package being so difficult to open. When they began using the new packaging, I was not satisfied and continue to not be! It is too difficult to open. I will no longer use it!!

Original review: March 12, 2020

Sunday March 8th 2020 I administered Feline Frontline to my Cat who was 15 pounds and 10 years old. Monday March 9th 2020 I came home from work and found him lying in my bedroom floor having seizures. My husband and I wrapped him in a towel and started our way to the emergency vet. Before we made it to the end of our road we live on my beloved passed away. We adopted him when he was two years old. He was only an indoor cat and had just had a healthy checkup at the vet. I cannot honestly say that Front-Line caused his death but it is ironic. Kitty Heaven is he.

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Carey - 8 years old - mixed breed - 35 lbs. We applied Frontline Gold for the first time ever to our dog on 01/16/20. Within 5 hours she would randomly scream out in pain/because she was scared and jump into our arms. At the time we thought maybe she hurt her leg or back and would touch her spine, rotate her legs, etc. without finding any indication of soreness anywhere on her body. This would happen sporadically on Friday and Saturday. By Saturday evening, it was happening more frequently. And at this point we realized that our dog was having mild seizures. She was not losing consciousness, but she would cry out/get this look about her and then burrow into us and her whole little body would tense up, she would lick her lips (salivating), and stretch out her neck and put her head high into the air.

We took her to the emergency vet and they have since started her on seizure medication and a sedative for now because she is absolutely terrified when one starts to come on. Secondly, she is spending the day at her primary vet receiving fluids and staying under observation - and we will do this again tomorrow. Her behavior is different - she is very clingy - and she has tremors constantly. We feel completely helpless.

Carey was in perfect health prior to application of the Frontline Gold and nothing else has changed in her routine other than that. Frontline refuses to accept ANY responsibility. In fact, when we asked how to get their medication out of her, their only response was to bathe her - which we did 3 times. This medication is so poorly researched that they do not even have a way to reverse it if a dog has a reaction - and that is because according to them, "it is impossible for their product to cause these symptoms."

We are really hoping to wean her off of the seizure meds by the end of the month once the Frontline should be worn off. I really hope she will be able to go back to normal once the poison is out of her body. Frontline should be ashamed of both the fact that they poorly researched this medication/did not provide accurate side effects to the customer, and the fact that they so easily just say it is impossible for their product to cause any of this. DO NOT USE THEIR PRODUCTS. It simply isn’t worth it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Frontline Gold was purchased & administered to my cat 12/11 @ vet clinic. Brought in healthy, came home & sneezed for several days, scratched & licked obsessively causing loss of hair, peeling pads and lumps appearing on various parts of body. Cat has lost appetite for food & water and has lost weight. She is in pain, disassociating any human contact, constantly sleeping in secluded, dark places in home. Fearing her death, took back to vet for help. Paid $330 for bloodwork (CBC) to check for liver &/or kidney maladies; ruled out all fatal cat diseases; rec’d skin scrape 2, ** 80 mg/ml injection; provided ** .3 for pain maintenance.

Problems arose soon after arriving home. It’s been 2 wks (since12/11) and no “cure” in sight. I empathize w/ every complaint registered on Frontline products manufactured in recent years. Hefty price to pay for expected product quality - to suffer w/ pet owners trying to receive a harmless remedy for flea extermination - some of whom have loved & lost their pets.

I have yet to feel confident my Skye will survive this “poison”, and believe many more will complain. Every review I have read and all of them share commonality. Nothing changes until concern and affirmative action is taken. Hope you can assist all of us. There shouldn’t be this many 1-star complaints encompassing several states, age/gender and probable ethnic differences.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

My cat is an older indoor feline and only goes out occasionally on the front porch. I have been treating him with Frontline Gold and called the vet because it does not seem to be working. He said I can give to him 2 times a month instead of once and that seems to be working a bit better. I do think the fleas build a resistance to these meds, only wish they were a bit cheaper since they seem to take so long to start working.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019
      I’m just gonna try to make this as quick and concise as possible. I bought this product, used it on three of my cats. Two of them were sick, and now one of them is dead. So, do something about it ‘cause I bought your product, and now I killed my pets. This is ridiculous. I need more than reimbursement. So, I’d like to hear back.
      Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Their money back guarantee is a joke!!! I purchased a 6 dose Frontline Plus for my dogs. After 10 days there was no change or relief. Treated them with another dose. It got worse. I went back and purchased ** and saw a noticeable change within 48 hours. I called to express my concerns. I was told in order for the money back guarantee I had to treat for 3 months. My dog was bleeding in spots from the chewing/scratching. I was NOT subjecting her to that for 3 months when it was clear that after one month your treatment was not working. I was just told by one of your representatives (reading from a script) that how your product works is that it kills adult fleas and keeps females from laying more eggs.

I am shocked you have not been sued for false advertising. I am looking at my box right now and is clearly states it kills fleas, flea eggs and larvae. That is NOT what I was just told. I was told I would continue to see fleas for 30+ days because the eggs that were already laid would hatch and NOT until they bit my dog would they die. THAT IS NOT WHAT YOUR BOX SAYS!!! I spent almost $70 dollars on this treatment for it to not work and be given the run around when asking for your money back guarantee. I will definitely post a review wherever I can warning people about your product and your horrible customer service. You better change the labeling on your box as to not tell people your product kills flea eggs and larvae when your reps are telling people otherwise over the phone!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I have treated my 4 cats over 4 months & continue to find fleas. We have followed protocols for flea treatment of our home as recommended by our vet. Seresto collars seem better, but they cause scratching & hair loss at neck. I will admit the collars seem to be more effective, but our vet now is recommending **. I think the fleas are just becoming resistant. These are indoor cats, no less. We are very frustrated & concerned for our fur babies' welfare.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Started using Frontline Plus 2 years ago. At one stage I was using it every two weeks. It just doesn't work, my 3 cats are infested and so is my house. When I complained to the the company they sent me a questionnaire to fill out - I filled it out and they replied rather flippantly- saying they are picking them up from outside. Before that I was using Advantage but was buying it from the chemist but at £27 for 3 pipettes it was too expensive - but it worked. My cats are 15, 15 and 16 years old and I don't really want to keep stressing them out with fortnightly defleaing, hoovering several times a day and bathing in cat shampoo which they all hate) so I'm now trying Advantage again and getting it a lot cheaper online - hope this works.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I contacted them to tell them I’ve got fleas for months now and been using product for years. They only try to tell me how to bomb and clean my house. I told them I’m diligent with my Dyson vac and clean every day! They told me to keep using the frontline. It will work. After two ear hematomas and an abscess to my little dog leg I found out he’s suffering from a flea allergy and of course it’s costed me!! Finally the doctor's office told me that Frontline Plus hasn’t worked for a couple years now and they prescribed NexGard which I found is from this same lying company. But I used it because I was desperate and within a week he’s better and stopped shaking his head and scratching. Still to doctor's office told me to use nexgard only as needed (Not monthly) because it isn’t good for your pet.

Frontline Company Information