2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Frontline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

After using Frontline Plus for cats during the last week of August 2019 our beloved cat Annie died on September 1, 2019. He organs literally shut down and there was no reviving her. This product is toxic and lethal! If you are wondering why I waited to write a review the simple fact is I was too upset and I blamed myself for using it. Until recently I could not even look at her photos without crying. Our Maine Coon Andy, Annie's brother survived although he had minor side effects. He too grieved for months after her passing. Frontline Plus should not even be sold! It is toxic! It is lethal! Frontline Plus will kill your cats!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Do not give your pets for a night. I I had a nine-year-old Shih Tzu and this product killed him. He started having seizures and tremors in the barely walk and then stop eating and then stop drinking and died. I gave him his medication August 18. He started acting funny around the 20th. Seizures that the vet was no help. He died today September 5 at four in the morning. This company needs to be exposed. Do not give your dogs this stuff. Do not give your kids the stuff. It is poison. They killed my dog. This is crazy. My dog was perfectly healthy before I gave him this and regardless of what warnings on the box if you know and all these people are complaining you have lost pets why are they still in business?

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

The vet prescribed this because they would not sell me bravado until I made a well check appointment, I understand that but now my cat has lost 6 pounds and isn't doing great. So another appt to come for her. I am absolutely angry about it and am feeling guilty because I put it on her and now watch her diminish slowly in front of me. I'm hoping she will bounce back. She is an outside cat and energetic usually now she is in the house most of the time sleeping. I don't want to lose my cat. I'm not ready for that. She was my mom's the first 5 yrs of her life before my mom passed away. So NEVER AGAIN will I use this. She is still young to me and has many more years to come. I hope we can turn this around for her.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

This is 3 days after the second application, the first application was 30 days ago and this morning I removed 6 more ticks. I removed 12 yesterday. I did not know or suspect any insect infestation on the dog until I cut her hair. The complaint desk tried to up-sale me onto Nexgard which requires a veterinarian prescription. They will refund purchase price if I have proof of purchase. I will replace the bed and use a valid tick insecticide on the downstairs.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I had 2 dogs. I just lost one of them who to chronic seizures this year as of April that led to paralysis and brain damage even though he was on seizure meds prescribed by a vet. My other dog also had 1 seizure a day after an application. Both dogs had been on the meds for a few years. Their seizures tended to happen just a day or two after Frontline Plus application. My vet took my existing dog off Frontline and Heartgard immediately. I believe some dogs' systems do not dissipate these chemicals over the course of a month resulting in a toxic buildup. These meds are - you guessed it - neurotoxins. Am heartbroken over my recent loss of the sweetest rescue I've ever had. Will never use these products again.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I’ve had cats for 55 years. I currently have a 10yr cat and a very young pregnant cat. (Lockdown delayed vet appointment then she flew out the door and returned pregnant.) We’re otherwise responsible pet owners! Years ago my vet used Frontline on my 3yr Italian Greyhound who from the next day forward had grand mal seizures 6-7 times a month but the vet of 50+ yrs said he’d never heard of that happening. I always felt then but I’m even more certain now after giving Frontline to our 2 cats 2 weeks ago - this product is dangerous to many animals and should have been taken off the market long ago!

This month I chose FRONTLINE over Advantage for our cats because FRONTLINE states that it is safe for pregnant cats and even kittens 2 weeks+ But it’s NOT. That same night our pregnant cat began horrible coughing, honking and choking sounds that woke us all up and this lasted several days. She now has Heavy rattled breathing. I don’t even know what effect this has had on the kittens inside her. Our older cat, an extremely sharp and active cat suddenly just seemed dumb, acting much much older and frail, hissing at us, not moving much and very slowly when she did. She’s always so healthy!

3 days ago I found her flat on the floor of our screened in deck - back wet and ants crawling all over this wet spot - this is the same spot between the shoulders where I released the Frontline. On Closer inspection and cleaning I saw she has a huge abscess oozing yellow fluid. Every day 3X a day we clean and flush the open wound with antibiotics and dressed it while it just drains continuously, more than you want to know. Only tonight has it subsided a bit and she’s begun eating a few bites of food but she still won’t move unless I stand her up and she just sleeps.

If we hadn’t lost our income due to Covid coinciding with my daughter's 1st yr college tuition due this month and next, (that we no longer know how to pay) I would certainly take them both straight to the vet. I read estimates of $300-$400 to begin treatment for this. This very IRRESPONSIBLE company has contributed to an already difficult time by harming innocent animals who become our family members. How do we hold them accountable for not being forthcoming of these risks?? I want to do more than complain - I want them to answer to this!

Original review: June 26, 2020

I asked my roommate to pick up some Frontline after he let the cats out and they came back with fleas. He drops the packages on my desk and helps me apply the treatments to four cats. Within ten minutes, one of my creatures isn't acting right. Ten minutes later, she's agitated and panting. She's already lost interest in playing, is running around, and panting furiously. Oh no...

I google Frontline side effects... nothing here makes sense. I check the label. Google Hartz and am shocked to see all the one-star reviews and stories. Oh god oh god oh god! Instead of a restful evening with some slightly annoyed cats, I'm giving four cats the most through bath they've ever gotten and hoping they don't die. After cat two, cat three was showing signs of lethargy. I'm checking with a vet to see if they should get activated charcoal treatments. Why is this product still available?! This is criminal! There should be a class action lawsuit for the damage this company has done.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Applicator difficult. I currently have 4 cats, and have had cats for about 40 years. I have always used Frontline. However, I will no longer use it, due to the package being so difficult to open. When they began using the new packaging, I was not satisfied and continue to not be! It is too difficult to open. I will no longer use it!!

Original review: March 12, 2020

Sunday March 8th 2020 I administered Feline Frontline to my Cat who was 15 pounds and 10 years old. Monday March 9th 2020 I came home from work and found him lying in my bedroom floor having seizures. My husband and I wrapped him in a towel and started our way to the emergency vet. Before we made it to the end of our road we live on my beloved passed away. We adopted him when he was two years old. He was only an indoor cat and had just had a healthy checkup at the vet. I cannot honestly say that Front-Line caused his death but it is ironic. Kitty Heaven is he.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Carey - 8 years old - mixed breed - 35 lbs. We applied Frontline Gold for the first time ever to our dog on 01/16/20. Within 5 hours she would randomly scream out in pain/because she was scared and jump into our arms. At the time we thought maybe she hurt her leg or back and would touch her spine, rotate her legs, etc. without finding any indication of soreness anywhere on her body. This would happen sporadically on Friday and Saturday. By Saturday evening, it was happening more frequently. And at this point we realized that our dog was having mild seizures. She was not losing consciousness, but she would cry out/get this look about her and then burrow into us and her whole little body would tense up, she would lick her lips (salivating), and stretch out her neck and put her head high into the air.

We took her to the emergency vet and they have since started her on seizure medication and a sedative for now because she is absolutely terrified when one starts to come on. Secondly, she is spending the day at her primary vet receiving fluids and staying under observation - and we will do this again tomorrow. Her behavior is different - she is very clingy - and she has tremors constantly. We feel completely helpless.

Carey was in perfect health prior to application of the Frontline Gold and nothing else has changed in her routine other than that. Frontline refuses to accept ANY responsibility. In fact, when we asked how to get their medication out of her, their only response was to bathe her - which we did 3 times. This medication is so poorly researched that they do not even have a way to reverse it if a dog has a reaction - and that is because according to them, "it is impossible for their product to cause these symptoms."

We are really hoping to wean her off of the seizure meds by the end of the month once the Frontline should be worn off. I really hope she will be able to go back to normal once the poison is out of her body. Frontline should be ashamed of both the fact that they poorly researched this medication/did not provide accurate side effects to the customer, and the fact that they so easily just say it is impossible for their product to cause any of this. DO NOT USE THEIR PRODUCTS. It simply isn’t worth it.

Frontline Company Information