4.0/5 (163 ratings)

About Frontline

Frontline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I've been using this product for years but this last year it has not worked at all. Within less than 2 weeks my pom chi is covered in fleas. Now after reading reviews I'm shocked to have read that pets have died! OMG!! Are you serious!! You are selling an expensive product that is killing animals and doesn't work! What is wrong with you! Never again! How could you?

Original review: July 27, 2022

Treated two cats and both lost hair. Attempted to contact and got nowhere. Used it for years and it was our go to and kept my house of 6 cats free of fleas and ticks. Now it causes bald spots, fleas don't even reduce in number and ticks are also oblivious and unaffected. It doesn't work and hurts animals.

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

This product used to work, it no longer does and they it is still the most highly regarded, costly topical treatment on the market. When I tried to report this to the company, it disconnects. Scam product now.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I rescue animals of all kinds. I put Frontline Plus on my five small dogs and the fleas are still all over them. This was wasted money that I can’t afford on a limited income. This product is expensive and for it not to work is a waste! I am on disability, since I can’t work a normal job I started an animal rescue. It gives me purpose. I will no longer recommend your products to those ask my advice. The cost is outrageous for a product that doesn’t work!

Original review: May 13, 2021

I used Frontline plus for cats for about 6 months, my cat started having seizures, and twitching back issues, for at least 3 months before I realised it may be the flea treatment. Since stopping he has been perfectly fine. My other cat died, sudden breathing difficulties at the same time. The vet said he had heart failure, not sure if this might have been related though.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I applied this to my dogs for many years, and so did the shelter where they lived. They eventually got cancer and I'm uncertain if it's related to Frontline. They lived a very active life even to the end and had the highest quality dog food. One of the dog's cancer became prone to seizures. I noticed after time that he'd have a seizure within a day of applying Frontline. I stopped giving it to him and he never had another seizure.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My cat has got sores on her tummy after administering this killer product. She stopped eating, and was not herself after applying this product. She his now on antibiotics and ** for her sores. I BEG YOU PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR CAT. It will do more harm than good. It might kill fleas, plus kill your cat as well.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

In May of 2019, I used Frontline on my beloved 13-year-old cat NeiNei. Within hours she could no longer stand up fully or walk straight. She fell over constantly, lost her appetite, and the once happiest little girl in the world was looking lost and upset. I called the vet immediately, and we agreed to monitor her. The vet was unaware of Frontline causing neurological issues and attributed the situation more to her age (13). I know she was happy and playful before I applied the Frontline, and yet only hours after she was on her way out. I never believed it was a coincidence, and I still blame myself for applying the flea treatment.

About a week after the incident, NeiNei was getting worse with each day, and was telling me it was her time. I raised her since she was a small kitten and I knew it was time to call the vet over. The vet came to my home and examined her. She had lost so much weight and couldn't walk anymore. I would have carried her anywhere she needed to go, but it was becoming obvious NeiNei wouldn’t have made it through that night. The vet and I helped her cross the bridge while she was laying in her favorite spot of sun while I whispered her name and that I loved her. My heart has been broken every single day since. I’ve always had cats, but I’ve never had a cat like NeiNei. My best friend in the entire world was killed by Frontline. I just really miss her still.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Please do NOT use this product on small animals. My enigmatic, fun loving, energetic Yorkshire Terrier Aged 10, who won prizes for his wagging tail has died after using Frontline flea product (measured for weight) with Toxic Lymphoma. First dose ever end August 2020 caused lymph nodes to swell to 4cm diameter and organ failure, died 4.44am 1st November 2020. RIP. Tragically Unfair. Please note 1 star is minimum, I wish to portray none. Please adjust Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

After using Frontline Plus for cats during the last week of August 2019 our beloved cat Annie died on September 1, 2019. He organs literally shut down and there was no reviving her. This product is toxic and lethal! If you are wondering why I waited to write a review the simple fact is I was too upset and I blamed myself for using it. Until recently I could not even look at her photos without crying. Our Maine Coon Andy, Annie's brother survived although he had minor side effects. He too grieved for months after her passing. Frontline Plus should not even be sold! It is toxic! It is lethal! Frontline Plus will kill your cats!

Frontline Company Information