1.16/5
Based on 322 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

327 Frontline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

This has no effect on the fleas for our two cats. Been using regularly every four weeks. We're going to go back to the vets and get their own treatment that although expensive, works. We won't be using Frontline again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

NEVER buy this product. Fleas worse on dog and fleas throughout house and humans. I assumed Frontline was a good product; however, it is the WORST. How can you sell a product with such deception? Our whole house is miserable because of Frontline. We demand some kind of restitution for selling a pricey fraud, and your company should be ashamed and embarrassed. I demand my money back and your company come into our flea-ridden house to get rid of these pests. My whole family, and my poor dog are suffering greatly. Shame on you.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I treat my dog and 3 cats regularly. Used this products 3 weeks ago and then started with an infestation of fleas. This product is a lie and a scam. When I called the company they only explained life of a flea and let me know this is my fault because I let my dog outside to go to the bathroom.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My cat is losing its hair again after putting on the Frontline gold. I had an exterminator at my house for fleas. Both cats were boarded and had a flea bath. When they came home 2 days later I put Frontline and again my one cat’s hair began falling out and I found live fleas on them. For the price they charge for this stuff it should work. Both times it did not help with fleas. Disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Frontline used to work on fleas where I live. I had used the product several years ago and it worked. However, I got a flea infestation about a year ago and tried Frontline for several months along with using an exterminator for both inside and outside my home. I got rid of furniture and tried everything. I have spent thousands of dollars until finally, I sought the advice of a Veterinarian who informed me that Frontline no longer works where I live. They did have a good product at one time, but they really need to do some research to get up with the times. I got a prescription product from the vet. and two months later, after a year long losing battle, I am nearly flea free. I would not recommend this product anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We've used Frontline Plus as a maintenance for our dog. After noticing our dog bite at herself around six months ago, we started applying Frontline Plus every 30 days, religiously. We are on the last application of a 180 day treatment cycle and we have had to get flea treatment at Petsmart's grooming service. The disappointment with the product comes from Frontline's customer service guarantee. They will tell you a thousand different reasons why your dog still has fleas. And. Their guarantee is good if you buy Frontline Plus from an approved veterinarian clinic and hold onto the receipt. In this situation, they will give you a refund and have your home treated by Terminix for fleas. So, if you want this product and Frontline's guarantee, you need to purchase it from an approved veterinarian clinic.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Frontline did nothing for my cat, especially this year. It always worked in the past. My cat has been treated with Frontline every 30 days this summer and I just found out she is infested with fleas!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have two huskies and they both broke out in sores after using this product. They barely had fleas so we were using this spray as an extra bit of security. My older husky is in worse shape because not only does his neck and back have sores on them, he also started acting differently which I'm thinking the spray may have made him sick. This was a terrible experience and this product needs to be taken out of stores before any other animals are harmed.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I say ditto to all these reports. It appear this failure is all since the company changed hands in 2016. We used it religiously up to 2016 and it worked great. Our old dog died then and last year we replaced her. We treated our dog every 30 days since June and she picked up fleas in August and we still can't get rid of them. This was never a issue prior to 2016. Appears to be an attempt to make more money with the same amount of raw material by cutting the amount used and keeping the price up or increasing it. We are done with Frontline forever!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We love the product but the packaging is poor. It is hard to open and the last box we got one of the doses had a pinhole in it. You are pretty much out 12 dollars when this happens. We ordered it online so it was impossible to tell.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I will never again use Frontline for my cats. They are scratching worse than they were before. They have crusty clumps/sores on their skin which were nonexistent prior to using Frontline. I will now need to take them to the vet to get Revolution - a product that works great. I was just trying to avoid stressing out my cats with a vet visit. Unfortunately, the vets will not give you Revolution unless they have seen your pet within a year. And, like an idiot, I gave them a second dose of Frontline, which is when the sores appeared. And, my cats are strictly indoor cats. I think I brought fleas in the house after cutting my lawn. So with limited exposure to outdoors, the fleas infestation was minimal and Frontline didn't even work for them!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I purchased Frontline Plus from Walmart. I made sure that I treated my entire home for fleas on the same day I was treating my cat. I have only 1 cat. No other pets. Since treating the house I have stopped seeing fleas and getting flea bites, but my cat is still full of fleas 5 days after the flea treatment. I called the customer service department concerning the satisfaction guarantee on the packaging and of course got the runaround. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Spend the extra 10.00 and buy a different brand!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have been grooming dogs for 18 years, and have always recommended Frontline to my customers and also used it on my own dogs. Never had a flea problem until two years ago when almost all of my customers began to complain their dogs had fleas even though they had been treated. Since then l have seen more and more dogs LOADED with fleas!! Have discussed this issue with many vets, and was told Frontline Plus is no longer effective, and the company is now selling.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Product no longer works. I used it for years with no problems but this year I might as well have put water on my dogs and cats. Company refuses to stand by its product. Refused to give me a refund. I will never buy Frontline again. I hope it was worth it to them to lose a good customer. I have 16 cats and two dogs, that's over $200/mth in flea control. Poor quality product and poor customer service. Not the company for me.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I gave my dog Frontline Plus (5 to 22 lbs) and approx. 10 days later I had her groomed. The groomer said he had a lot of fleas. I live in Florida and talked to my vet about Frontline not working. I may have to also use Sentinel (expensive) with Frontline Plus. I have used Frontline Plus last year this time and it worked fine. I also used it on my other dog before he passed and no problems. I do not know if it has merit but the owner of a kennel told me on July 3, 2018 that Frontline Plus no longer works. She said it use to work on their dogs for 2 months, not any more. I decided to purchase PetArmor cheaper & has same ingredients and purchased Lavender spray & Natural Flea & Tick spray with Peppermint Oil & Eugenol. I now bath her with Flea & tick shampoo. I really liked Frontline Plus, less for me to do. Thanks for your time in this matter. Happy 4th of July 2018!

Original review: June 28, 2018

On Friday 22 June 2018 I put Frontline Plus on my 20 year old much beloved pussycat. On Saturday 23 June he became lethargic, shivered, threw up and began to lose large clots of fur where the Frontline had been place on his back at the base of his neck. One drop had fallen on his head, and that fur also began to come out. We became very concerned and call our vet and made an appointment. On 26 June the vet came, and examined our cat. She gave him a steroid shot, and started him on an antibiotic.

On 27 June I called Merial, Inc. the company that markets Frontline. I was routed to a woman, and it was much like having a conversation with a robot. It was immediately obvious that mine was not her first call on this subject. She asked me if our cat had become lethargic? Had he vomited? How long was it from putting on the medicine to his fur falling out. When I answered her questions she immediately gave me a case number, and went into her patter. I told her I had pictures, and I was pretty sure our vet would write a diagnostic report. Her response was, "We have protocols for that," "So you will have to do what you think best." "Without the receipt and lot number however, I am afraid we will not be able to do anything."

I told her we had purchased the Frontline early in the Fall of the previous year and asked her if she had every one of her grocery store receipts from nine months ago. She said, she didn't make the regulations, which I assured her I understood, and that there was nothing personal in what I was saying. She reiterated that without the receipt she could not proceed. Shortly after that I got a $301 invoice from the vet. All I can say is that if you have a beloved pussycat companion, avoid this product like a plague.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Have used Frontline for several years as my one dog had a bad reaction to Hartz. This year used as directed and my small dog had a flea infestation and hotspot reaction resulting in a $200 vet bill. The vet tells me she has seen several cases and Frontline just doesn’t seem to be working anymore. I was two months into a six month supply. Customer service requires a receipt and then tells you they guarantee the product only if you have been using for 3 months. Never using again. Too expensive and they don’t stand behind their product.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I am writing this review as a few times we have used Frontline on our wee dog and it has not worked as stated. We have had to repeat the process a couple of times not long after the first treatment. This should not have to be done. We have followed instructions closely to no avail. Very disappointed as this product claims it works and does not. Wasted money and agony to our pet.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I bought a three month supply of Frontline for my pet. After two weeks he was scratching again so I bathe him and put on another supply and two weeks later he is still scratching and there still fleas he was infested or anything. They just don’t repel fleas and this product is extremely expensive to not work.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have been using various flea meds on my Jack Russell mix with no great results. This last attempt was with Frontline Plus for the last two months. The treatment seems to work for about a week, and then by the end of the second week, the dog needs to be treated again. Which is a problem because they say you shouldn't treat them more than once in 30 days. I'm afraid of the oral treatments but I may have to go that route next January.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I wish I could give "0" stars on this product, but, to give review, you have to have at least one star. Used Frontline Gold for cats on all of our cats and did all the requirements to get rid of fleas and their eggs, throughout the house. 2 months later, still seeing fleas on my furbabies and they are driving them nuts! They have scratched to the point they have little to no hair around their necks. I don't know why or what is wrong with the Frontline Gold, but, I am definitely switching to a different brand.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have 3 cats, two totally indoor cats, one indoor/outdoor cat. My cats have been on Frontline since I got them (One 12 years, one 4 years, one a year) starting about June I noticed the indoor/outdoor cat (Maine Coon) was covered in ticks. Immediately I combed him/dipped him and cleaned him off. He was on Frontline which is suppose to stop flea/ticks but figure maybe it was a really bad summer.

Kept on treating him, kept on putting the Frontline on. He still was covered. Yesterday found a tick on his throat that was attached to him. Removed it, but now going to order the collars because Frontline does not work, and when you call the company you can tell the customer service representatives don't care, and was told to deflect all questions. If they sell their product in the stores/online why do they only cover what comes from a vet? Meanwhile my Maine Coon has a heart problem/diabetics, and now I am worried that with the fleas and ticks this will kill him. Thanks Frontline, maybe your CEO needs a bonus for every animal they harm.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I started using this for my cat when his last flea medicine was too strong and making him sick. At first it seemed ok. But the longer we used the more immune he has gotten to it. He now has tapeworms from fleas because of this product. NOT working. This is the second bout of this we have been through. The flea medicine doesn't work. He gets fleas. He then gets the parasite from grooming and biting fleas. A vicious circle. I get the medicine through the mail 3 months at a time. Well it is a terrible product. Do not buy it. Now I have to make another visit to the Vet which he hates and start all over again. This medicine is going in the trash... Time for something that works. I am very frustrated.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Well I actually heard good things about this product, and then I tried it on my dog and had a nightmare. My Siberian husky now has a huge sore on her neck from where I applied the medicine. Had to go to the vet, shave her, and will attempt to try other meds and hope it works. Oh not to mention even though she's enduring pain from applying it, it didn't take any of the fleas away. She has bites all over her belly. I only bought one box. Will never buy another and will now try to heal my dog's wound.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Purchased a 6-pack of Frontline Plus for cats at Costco. Applied product to my cats on the date purchased. Eight days later my cat had ticks - five which I pulled out, another one was so engorged it fell onto floor (gross). I normally use Revolution but was looking for tick prevention which Revolution doesn't have. Frontline Plus did not prevent ticks or kill ticks on my cat. I called company and was on hold for too long so I returned unused portions to Costco. I love Costco and Revolution but will never purchase Frontline Plus again. Doesn't work!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Frontline Plus - 6 months of useless product. Did all the peripheral care, insecticide growth regulator spray, diatomaceous earth, natural products (essential oils), vacuuming, washing... etc... All it did was give my dog the **. Still crawling with fleas. Fleas have developed resistance to this product. Be nice if the company admitted it and pulled this product off the market. Do not waste your money. Advantix is the same situation.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I've gone through 6 boxes of Frontline Plus for dogs. I have 2 dogs, a Shih Tzu and a Boxer, so I had to buy 2 different sizes and went through 3 boxes per dog over the past few months. Not 3 doses, 3 BOXES. This stuff doesn't work AT ALL. I have laminate wood flooring throughout my entire house. My dogs are mostly inside dogs and they are INFESTED with fleas. I'd even go as far as to say that the Frontline is actually attracting MORE fleas. How do I go to a trusted company for flea relief. Use the medicine and get zero relief. My dogs did NOT have fleas like this when we 1st started. I can put a treatment on my dog and within a week he's infested still. Your product is crap and I wasted too much money on this to not work at all. Don't waste your time or your money or risk your dog's health. Frontline will not work! They're a scam!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The product (Frontline Plus for Cats) used to be great but since being bought out in Jan '17 the product no longer works at all. You can't contact the company and they don't stand behind their product. Save your money and buy a less expensive treatment that actually works. They just don't care!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I purchased 1-3 pack of Frontline Plus for my small dog, my big dog and my cat with great regret. I keep flea medication on my pets year round but I usually buy Pet Armor and it works great. They were out of Pet Armor so I spent more money and purchased frontline and I have fleas coming out of the ying yang. I called the company and told them I have used a 2 month supply so far and I have fleas which I have not seen in at least 10 years by using Pet Armor. I have no carpet and I have thoroughly cleaned my house and washed all the linens to no relief. The company was very unsympathetic, did not offer me a refund or replacement and said it takes three months before it works. Their excuses are lame and I will check every product I use and make sure it is not made by Merial, Inc. Their products suck along with their lack of concern. I can see their only concern is taking money and giving water in return.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I am going through a major flea infestation right now. Found flea larvae under a chair cushion and see many eggs. I sweep every other day with an Electrolux, treat with Frontline Gold for 4 months, spray a can of black flag for fleas and ticks and two can of knock out all to no avail. My big cat has pulled most of his fur out on his back and underarms. You can't even touch him. My female cat looks fine but is crawling with fleas also. I finally have had enough. Frontline may be giving me my three hundred dollars or so back. Thank you. I am now a using Revolution and 24 to 36 hours later the fleas are dropping off dead. It's gross but I am so happy. It has been four months of hell with these blood sucking creatures. THANK YOU REVOLUTION.

Frontline Company Information