2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Frontline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: April 29, 2021

I applied this to my dogs for many years, and so did the shelter where they lived. They eventually got cancer and I'm uncertain if it's related to Frontline. They lived a very active life even to the end and had the highest quality dog food. One of the dog's cancer became prone to seizures. I noticed after time that he'd have a seizure within a day of applying Frontline. I stopped giving it to him and he never had another seizure.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My cat has got sores on her tummy after administering this killer product. She stopped eating, and was not herself after applying this product. She his now on antibiotics and ** for her sores. I BEG YOU PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR CAT. It will do more harm than good. It might kill fleas, plus kill your cat as well.

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

In May of 2019, I used Frontline on my beloved 13-year-old cat NeiNei. Within hours she could no longer stand up fully or walk straight. She fell over constantly, lost her appetite, and the once happiest little girl in the world was looking lost and upset. I called the vet immediately, and we agreed to monitor her. The vet was unaware of Frontline causing neurological issues and attributed the situation more to her age (13). I know she was happy and playful before I applied the Frontline, and yet only hours after she was on her way out. I never believed it was a coincidence, and I still blame myself for applying the flea treatment.

About a week after the incident, NeiNei was getting worse with each day, and was telling me it was her time. I raised her since she was a small kitten and I knew it was time to call the vet over. The vet came to my home and examined her. She had lost so much weight and couldn't walk anymore. I would have carried her anywhere she needed to go, but it was becoming obvious NeiNei wouldn’t have made it through that night. The vet and I helped her cross the bridge while she was laying in her favorite spot of sun while I whispered her name and that I loved her. My heart has been broken every single day since. I’ve always had cats, but I’ve never had a cat like NeiNei. My best friend in the entire world was killed by Frontline. I just really miss her still.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Please do NOT use this product on small animals. My enigmatic, fun loving, energetic Yorkshire Terrier Aged 10, who won prizes for his wagging tail has died after using Frontline flea product (measured for weight) with Toxic Lymphoma. First dose ever end August 2020 caused lymph nodes to swell to 4cm diameter and organ failure, died 4.44am 1st November 2020. RIP. Tragically Unfair. Please note 1 star is minimum, I wish to portray none. Please adjust Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

After using Frontline Plus for cats during the last week of August 2019 our beloved cat Annie died on September 1, 2019. He organs literally shut down and there was no reviving her. This product is toxic and lethal! If you are wondering why I waited to write a review the simple fact is I was too upset and I blamed myself for using it. Until recently I could not even look at her photos without crying. Our Maine Coon Andy, Annie's brother survived although he had minor side effects. He too grieved for months after her passing. Frontline Plus should not even be sold! It is toxic! It is lethal! Frontline Plus will kill your cats!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Do not give your pets for a night. I I had a nine-year-old Shih Tzu and this product killed him. He started having seizures and tremors in the barely walk and then stop eating and then stop drinking and died. I gave him his medication August 18. He started acting funny around the 20th. Seizures that the vet was no help. He died today September 5 at four in the morning. This company needs to be exposed. Do not give your dogs this stuff. Do not give your kids the stuff. It is poison. They killed my dog. This is crazy. My dog was perfectly healthy before I gave him this and regardless of what warnings on the box if you know and all these people are complaining you have lost pets why are they still in business?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

The vet prescribed this because they would not sell me bravado until I made a well check appointment, I understand that but now my cat has lost 6 pounds and isn't doing great. So another appt to come for her. I am absolutely angry about it and am feeling guilty because I put it on her and now watch her diminish slowly in front of me. I'm hoping she will bounce back. She is an outside cat and energetic usually now she is in the house most of the time sleeping. I don't want to lose my cat. I'm not ready for that. She was my mom's the first 5 yrs of her life before my mom passed away. So NEVER AGAIN will I use this. She is still young to me and has many more years to come. I hope we can turn this around for her.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

This is 3 days after the second application, the first application was 30 days ago and this morning I removed 6 more ticks. I removed 12 yesterday. I did not know or suspect any insect infestation on the dog until I cut her hair. The complaint desk tried to up-sale me onto Nexgard which requires a veterinarian prescription. They will refund purchase price if I have proof of purchase. I will replace the bed and use a valid tick insecticide on the downstairs.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I had 2 dogs. I just lost one of them who to chronic seizures this year as of April that led to paralysis and brain damage even though he was on seizure meds prescribed by a vet. My other dog also had 1 seizure a day after an application. Both dogs had been on the meds for a few years. Their seizures tended to happen just a day or two after Frontline Plus application. My vet took my existing dog off Frontline and Heartgard immediately. I believe some dogs' systems do not dissipate these chemicals over the course of a month resulting in a toxic buildup. These meds are - you guessed it - neurotoxins. Am heartbroken over my recent loss of the sweetest rescue I've ever had. Will never use these products again.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I’ve had cats for 55 years. I currently have a 10yr cat and a very young pregnant cat. (Lockdown delayed vet appointment then she flew out the door and returned pregnant.) We’re otherwise responsible pet owners! Years ago my vet used Frontline on my 3yr Italian Greyhound who from the next day forward had grand mal seizures 6-7 times a month but the vet of 50+ yrs said he’d never heard of that happening. I always felt then but I’m even more certain now after giving Frontline to our 2 cats 2 weeks ago - this product is dangerous to many animals and should have been taken off the market long ago!

This month I chose FRONTLINE over Advantage for our cats because FRONTLINE states that it is safe for pregnant cats and even kittens 2 weeks+ But it’s NOT. That same night our pregnant cat began horrible coughing, honking and choking sounds that woke us all up and this lasted several days. She now has Heavy rattled breathing. I don’t even know what effect this has had on the kittens inside her. Our older cat, an extremely sharp and active cat suddenly just seemed dumb, acting much much older and frail, hissing at us, not moving much and very slowly when she did. She’s always so healthy!

3 days ago I found her flat on the floor of our screened in deck - back wet and ants crawling all over this wet spot - this is the same spot between the shoulders where I released the Frontline. On Closer inspection and cleaning I saw she has a huge abscess oozing yellow fluid. Every day 3X a day we clean and flush the open wound with antibiotics and dressed it while it just drains continuously, more than you want to know. Only tonight has it subsided a bit and she’s begun eating a few bites of food but she still won’t move unless I stand her up and she just sleeps.

If we hadn’t lost our income due to Covid coinciding with my daughter's 1st yr college tuition due this month and next, (that we no longer know how to pay) I would certainly take them both straight to the vet. I read estimates of $300-$400 to begin treatment for this. This very IRRESPONSIBLE company has contributed to an already difficult time by harming innocent animals who become our family members. How do we hold them accountable for not being forthcoming of these risks?? I want to do more than complain - I want them to answer to this!

Frontline Company Information