1.70/5

Need a pet insurance provider?

24PetWatch Pet Insurance

Need a pet insurance provider?

186 24PetWatch Pet Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I got 24petwatch insurance for my pug when he was 6 months old. He is now 4. This insurance company was recommended to me through my teachers union perks. 24Petwatch has always paid my claims as explained in policy. I haven't experienced 1 issue with them and I have submitted over 10 claims in the past 4 years from serious issues to minor issues. They have an online portal where all I have to do is upload a copy of the vet bill and click submit. Within days, I am notified my claim has been processed and a check is in the mail. I recommend this insurance company to everyone who has a dog, especially if the breed is prone to certain medical conditions. It is cheaper to get in on a policy the younger the dog is. It is very easy and user-friendly, no hidden gimmicks. This insurance company has saved me a lot of money with my vet bills. I highly recommend.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Wonderful Pet Insurance!! We have insured two Newfoundlands with them and have used them for years. It was upsetting to me all the bad reviews I saw very unfair. We lost our second Newfie in March. She had many many health issues the last two years. They never once ask me for more info or denied a claim. They also covered alternative Ozone treatment towards the end to help her organs function more efficiently. It gave us 6 more months of a happy healthy dog we would not have had otherwise. They covered her meds, even some of the supplements for her kidneys and most of the cost of the euthanasia in the end. We are getting a new Newfie puppy in a few weeks and I will definitely use them again. All of our dogs have been certified therapy dogs and worked at the local hospital, airport and with the crisis response team. They make it very easy to file claims online and were always processed in a timely manner and credited to my bank account.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

My Pug has been insured for 13 years; since she was a puppy. No claims in the beginning, but as she aged she developed skin allergies and is prone to bladder and ear infections. 24Pet has always paid my claims as explained in policy. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about 24PetWatch, other than I wish pet insurance was less expensive. They have actually helped me out quite a bit since my dog is so high maintenance.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I actually quite like them. When I first started with them, they would send back the claim money before my credit card bill came in. Now it takes much longer. They were quite good to me back when I had a dog with CHF. He maxed out the Cardiovascular coverage and when another procedure had to be done in his abdomen, caused by the CHF, they switched it over to the GI coverage for me. I really appreciated that. The only thing I’m not too happy with is the monthly payment goes up every year or so, even though I have had very few claims as my dog is healthy.

24PetWatch Pet Insurance response

Thanks for the feedback and kind words, Carol!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I had a very good experience so far with 24PetWatch (was SPCA insurance in Ontario, Canada)... very grateful for their coverage as I had to cover nearly 16,000$ for eye surgeries just after my pup turned 1 year old... they covered to the limit as written in the policy without any issue and in a timely manner. I have been treated well with each and every claim submission and this has been an unexpectedly bad year medically for my pups... I am so pleasantly surprised by the support that I have received during this tough time and I highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24PetWatch Pet Insurance?

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have had about the same experience as most other users. I have given 24PetWatch all of the information that I was given by my veterinarian and they still denied my claim stating that they need more. I called customer service once and was told to fill out a reassessment with an explanation of my case so that it could be processed and approved. Additionally, I was told to ask for the reassessment to be expedited because I had already waited a month for the initial claim submission to get denied. Of course, the reassessment was NOT expedited and denied.

As stated, I have given this company everything that I have gotten from the vet and everything that is requested on the initial claim form. I called customer service again today just to get another roundabout answer. The only reason I have this service is that I got 30 days free from my veterinarian and stuck with it. I fully regret the decision to keep it. I cannot wait to switch to another provider if I ever get this claim to go through. The claim process is ridiculous and the customer service is not helpful at all.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I work for an animal shelter and I believe having your pet microchipped is one of the most responsible things you can do. However, I will never recommend 24 hour pet watch. 2 of my friends had adopted a cat when they were in a relationship together in 2014, the shelter they adopted from used 24hr pet watch as their microchipping and pet insurance service.

Long story short, they split up, the cat got out of the house and 24PetWatch emailed my friend that his microchip had been scanned, when he called they would not give him any information without him paying for the past few years of service that they weren't aware they were supposed to have been paying yearly for. Since the cat was adopted in his name and now his ex had the cat, they would not give either of them information on where the cat was until ownership was under her name and fees had been paid. This took over a week. When she was finally able to get the information, the place he was taken to said the cat had come in hit by a car and passed a few days later. If they had just given them information Severus could still be alive, he could've been taken to his vet, but instead he died all because this service was worried about getting paid and not the actual pet.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I would have chose minus 3, but that was not a choice! Every time we submitted a claim they denied it saying they need more information. We resubmitted the new information then they need something else. We have a bigger file of paperwork on our rescue dog than our elderly parents and probably more time spent trying to get information for a simple vet visit and prescription food (for allergies). This is exactly why insurance companies get a bad rap. You pay in, but never get anything back. This is why we will be canceling them! I would NOT NOT NOT Recommend 24PetWatch!!! They are Worthless!!! Do Not Waste your Money!!! Disappointed and Dissatisfied in NY

Original review: June 20, 2019

Do not use this company. I have had insurance with them for the 5 years I have had this dog, and am filing my first claim. Recently my GSD was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and started on medication. I filed a claim including all bills, lab results and 5 pages of vet notes going back to 2/5/18. If they took the time to read the notes it is clear that this is a new diagnosis. Now they want even more vet notes to prove that this is not pre existing. They essentially want all vet notes from when I got this dog, asking me for my previous vets names, as I have only been with this vet for 2.5 years. They are giving me the runaround. If they don't pay this claim I will be switching companies. I already cancelled coverage on five cats as they refused to cover the cost of euthanasia of one of my cats demanding more vet notes even though I submitted the vet bill for euthanasia. I was too upset to pursue this.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 17, 2019

I will say I didn't stay long enough to have any claims so I cannot speak about that but I feel like the company as a whole is shady. I got the information from my shelter and was offered a free month trial. Figured why not and signed up making the mistake of not looking at reviews. Then I looked at the reviews. Decided I did not want to continue. I tried to look for a way to cancel my coverage. There's nothing under my account. I looked through the FAQ and there's no FAQ about changing or canceling coverage. So I go to contact us. The screen I am brought to has a phone number but large and center is a "Have a question? Our team is here to help." with fields to enter your email and your issue. So this is what I do. And I never hear anything. I don't get an email saying they're looking into my issue. I don't get a reply.

Fast forward they're trying to bill me for a month of service that I didn't want, that I tried to cancel well within my first month. Now part of the reason I want to cancel is my family is not doing well financially. We didn't have the money in the account to pay and received a letter with the phone number listed so I decide to try that way. On the phone I will say the woman I talked to seemed nice and sympathetic but limited in what she could do, reminded me of Bob in the beginning of The Incredibles. Anyway she can't find any record of the message anywhere. She can cancel my contract effective today but can't retroactively get rid of what I'm currently due.

She told me that you're really meant to call or email directly to cancel a contract. Well why didn't the site say that then? Why does this contact us page even have a message function? Why does it not just list an email and a phone number? I think the answer is they want to give you the runaround. If your company is decent it shouldn't be this hard to figure out how to cancel. I shouldn't have to scour through my contract or not receive a reply for days until I figure out they've ignored me and try another means of contact. They should have a FAQ listed Changing/Canceling your contract. They should get rid of this stupid message function that apparently does nothing and keeps no record you messaged them despite them assuring me they keep records of everything.

Now I admit I should have looked into them more thoroughly before I signed up. I should have read my policy more thoroughly because I was told it is in there how to cancel and I assume it would have told me I have to call, and that's on me. What they are doing is shady, messages disappearing when they're about canceling a policy is so freaking shady.

24PetWatch Pet Insurance response

Firstly, congratulations on your recent adoption! I am sorry to hear that there has been an issue with the cancellation of your trial policy. The Live Chat box that you entered your details in has a team monitoring it during regular business hours and is responded to withing 24 - 24 hours. I trust that your policy was successfully cancelled based on your request but if there is any other assistance you require please reach out to one of our Advocates at 1-866-2424 & they'll be happy to assist.

24PetWatch Pet Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

24Petwatch is a company that specializes in pet protection services. The company is headquartered in Buffalo, New York.

• Variety of services: 24Petwatch does not only offer pet insurance; it also offers lost pet recovery services such as microchip pet registration, pet identification and pet recovery tips.

• Services for dogs and cats: The company will cover both dogs and cats, so pet owners can insure both types of pets.

• Unlimited number of accidents: The company will cover an unlimited number of accidents or illnesses, as long as the amount of payment is under the coverage limit.

• Free quotes: Pet owners do not have to make a commitment when deciding whether to use the company's services, since 24PetWatch offers pet owners free, no-obligation quotes.

• No limits on vet selection: Pet owners can take their pet to any vet of their choosing.

• Best for: Pet owners with dogs and cats, pet owners with loyalty to a vet and pet owners with active, or rambunctious pets.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky