1.46/5

Need a pet insurance provider?

24PetWatch Pet Insurance

Need a pet insurance provider?

24PetWatch Pet Insurance Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I got 24petwatch insurance for my pug when he was 6 months old. He is now 4. This insurance company was recommended to me through my teachers union perks. 24Petwatch has always paid my claims as explained in policy. I haven't experienced 1 issue with them and I have submitted over 10 claims in the past 4 years from serious issues to minor issues. They have an online portal where all I have to do is upload a copy of the vet bill and click submit. Within days, I am notified my claim has been processed and a check is in the mail. I recommend this insurance company to everyone who has a dog, especially if the breed is prone to certain medical conditions. It is cheaper to get in on a policy the younger the dog is. It is very easy and user-friendly, no hidden gimmicks. This insurance company has saved me a lot of money with my vet bills. I highly recommend.

24PetWatch Pet Insurance response

Hi Wendy, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you are pleased with the claim submission process and that your pug has access to the vet care he needs. Paws up!

Original review: June 27, 2019

Wonderful Pet Insurance!! We have insured two Newfoundlands with them and have used them for years. It was upsetting to me all the bad reviews I saw very unfair. We lost our second Newfie in March. She had many many health issues the last two years. They never once ask me for more info or denied a claim. They also covered alternative Ozone treatment towards the end to help her organs function more efficiently. It gave us 6 more months of a happy healthy dog we would not have had otherwise. They covered her meds, even some of the supplements for her kidneys and most of the cost of the euthanasia in the end. We are getting a new Newfie puppy in a few weeks and I will definitely use them again. All of our dogs have been certified therapy dogs and worked at the local hospital, airport and with the crisis response team. They make it very easy to file claims online and were always processed in a timely manner and credited to my bank account.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

My Pug has been insured for 13 years; since she was a puppy. No claims in the beginning, but as she aged she developed skin allergies and is prone to bladder and ear infections. 24Pet has always paid my claims as explained in policy. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about 24PetWatch, other than I wish pet insurance was less expensive. They have actually helped me out quite a bit since my dog is so high maintenance.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I actually quite like them. When I first started with them, they would send back the claim money before my credit card bill came in. Now it takes much longer. They were quite good to me back when I had a dog with CHF. He maxed out the Cardiovascular coverage and when another procedure had to be done in his abdomen, caused by the CHF, they switched it over to the GI coverage for me. I really appreciated that. The only thing I’m not too happy with is the monthly payment goes up every year or so, even though I have had very few claims as my dog is healthy.

24PetWatch Pet Insurance response

Thanks for the feedback and kind words, Carol!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I had a very good experience so far with 24PetWatch (was SPCA insurance in Ontario, Canada)... very grateful for their coverage as I had to cover nearly 16,000$ for eye surgeries just after my pup turned 1 year old... they covered to the limit as written in the policy without any issue and in a timely manner. I have been treated well with each and every claim submission and this has been an unexpectedly bad year medically for my pups... I am so pleasantly surprised by the support that I have received during this tough time and I highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24PetWatch Pet Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

We adopted our dog almost a year ago and have put out $10,000 in vet fees - not one dime was covered by this insurance company or AARCS. They have found a way around all 3 claims that were submitted. The last one was for an allergic reaction that may or may not have occurred after she was in for a grooming. We were told that nothing was covered because we had her groomed. They state that you must take care of your pet i.e. proper grooming. Which is it. Such a scam. They want your money but don't want to cover anything. DO NOT USE this company and DO NOT adopt from AARCS.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

24PetWatch has locked down my account unless I pay them an $85 fee to get lifetime membership for my pet. Their notice when I logged in stated, "Information is currently locked for editing. Please select a membership plan to edit your information." It will not allow me to edit my account in any capacity, nor will it allow me to terminate my account which is what I want to do. They are holding my account ransom unless I pay, and tell me via their customer support hotline, that they cannot delete my account. I do not want them to have access to any of my information, and wish to have all my pet's information deleted from their system as well.

At first they told me they couldn't delete my pet's information until 1/2 way through the call when they magically said they could delete my pet's. They have since locked me out of my account, and I have no assurances or faith that they will delete or have deleted any of mine or my pet's information. Please beware, and do not allow this unethical business to have your information.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I've had 3 incidents with this company within 2 months, not to mention all the bad reviews, that has turned me off completely to the idea of any further business with them. Problem #1: When I called to sign up for a free 30-day trial of the insurance, Rob (the representative) was real nice, spoke real fast, and threw in a lot of prices as far as coverage and plans go. Fast forward maybe a week and a half later, I'm calling about their supposed wellness plan that's an additional $10-25 on top of accident/illness coverage.

I'm told by the representative that I would have to wait an entire year (next August) before I can add that to my billing as they are only able to do it with each renewal period. The problem with that is Rob made no mention of a wellness plan when we spoke. The representative said she would go over the recording and get back to me. Ok? Calls back like 2 days later just to lie and say that he did mention it when I clearly remember that he didn't. Not good for a new puppy that needs shots...

Problem #2: After that and reading about all the issues with Banfield, I finally decided to have some sense and look at the reviews for this company. Once again, it's not a good situation. It's pretty much starting to look like money has an easier time going in than coming out, which is a big issue when you deal with pet insurance because anything could happen to your pet and paying expensive bills upfront for the vet is like chopping off your thumbs. Everything becomes harder after that. So, my baby gets sick and I have to take him to the vet and end up coming out of pocket $170.

I go on their online portal and submit medical records and the invoice, everything that they requested. A week after this, I'm still receiving emails about how they're contacting the vet for medical records when I've already sent them the records. Ridiculous. So now I'm just going to have to bite the cost on that because clearly claims aren't processed within 6-8 days, even with ALL the information submitted.

Problem #3: I put a hold on my card last night to avoid having a payment taken out and having to go through the refund process, just so I could call the next morning since it was after hours the previous night to be able to cancel. Get on the phone with a representative, she finally cancels everything after asking me 5 different times and being told no and after trying to sell me on their $20,000 insurance coverage. I specifically ask her if no payments will be taken TODAY (September 27, 2019) just to confirm and she says YES. She gives me a cancellation code and because they don't do emails for this (I wonder why), says she'll send a letter confirming the cancellation.

An hour later, $43.86 is taken from my bank account. Call back, get the same woman (Apparently everybody is off that day, at least in that department) repeating to me that they don't do refunds, no supervisors available for live chat because they only do call backs, and that I can't call on the last day of the billing cycle. They also only do automatic payments by the way. Hang up.

Look on the website to find out I'm entitled to at least a 50% refund because I still cancelled within the 6-month grace period. Call back, connect to the Canadian office, talk with another representative who tells me my request will be processed within 1-3 days, the other representative didn't communicate quite a few things and a possible direct refund to my card. Start asking questions only to get transferred back to the same woman in the U.S. and couldn't even be bothered to pretend to be nice to her at this point. Hopefully the refund is processed and no more issues occur otherwise my bank will be receiving another phone call from me to dispute the charge once it's been processed. You're better off just putting money aside for emergencies like you would for a college fund rather than in someone else's pockets.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Do NOT!! Buy this insurance! They tell you when you adopt a pet that all you pay is a certain amount each month and you are never charged anymore if there's a problem. I had both my kittens taken to the vet for tests and exams totaling around $260. After a few months of playing hell trying to get them "all" the paperwork that my vet emailed to them. These people said they never got everything and tried to cancel my claim. The Rep told me in the beginning that all costs will be refunded when I submit the paperwork. Now they took 2 months of payment and asked for a wellness fee to refund MY MONEY. This is fraud company to me. I thought they would be on my side but they are not. Too much run around and then do not do what they say.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I wish I had looked up this company before I handed over 85.00. We had recently moved and this company was the one that my puppy had been microchipped with so when our new vet gave me their phone number I figured they were legit. I think I was wrong! First, when I called they try selling you everything but the Brooklyn Bridge. I mean really, trying to sell me an engraved dog tag for 20.00??? The way they speak to you on the phone they give you a few choices and then say which one do you want? I should have just hung up, it was a very awkward phone conversation but they did manage to get 85.00 out of me. Then I get sent an email about a 25.00 Petco coupon which they did mention on the phone but there is no coupon attached and no contact information for this company to inquire how to obtain the coupon. So glad I didn’t purchase the pet insurance! I feel like I was scammed.

24PetWatch Pet Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

24Petwatch is a company that specializes in pet protection services. The company is headquartered in Buffalo, New York.

• Variety of services: 24Petwatch does not only offer pet insurance; it also offers lost pet recovery services such as microchip pet registration, pet identification and pet recovery tips.

• Services for dogs and cats: The company will cover both dogs and cats, so pet owners can insure both types of pets.

• Unlimited number of accidents: The company will cover an unlimited number of accidents or illnesses, as long as the amount of payment is under the coverage limit.

• Free quotes: Pet owners do not have to make a commitment when deciding whether to use the company's services, since 24PetWatch offers pet owners free, no-obligation quotes.

• No limits on vet selection: Pet owners can take their pet to any vet of their choosing.

• Best for: Pet owners with dogs and cats, pet owners with loyalty to a vet and pet owners with active, or rambunctious pets.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky