2.78/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Zara

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 25, 2018

23 Zara Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have never taken the time to review my dismay with a merchant but I could not let others fall into the trap I did (although from many reviews it seems we have all fallen into their trap). Made a very large purchase through their website which apparently is not affiliated with the story (go figure!). Needed to return 2 items that were very unflattering, went all the way to the store to find out they only exchange for other sizes/colors. I was outside the 30 day return policy (because it was the holidays!) and was told by a store employee I had to ship the items back to zara.com.

Called customer service (that's a freaking oxymoron) because they were anything other than helpful. Refused to offer me a refund or store credit, said they checked with "several other departments" and just couldn't honor the return. Such crap! So now I have unwanted Zara clothes and I'm out $150 because of their stupidity and lack of customer service. Will absolutely NEVER order anything from this company again. Get with the times Zara, it's all about the customer didn't you know that?! Don't keep us happy and we won't keep you in business.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Worst customer service I have EVER dealt with. Accused me of lying... Took 11 calls and a call to supervisors and finally cooperate. AMBER THE SUPERVISOR accused me of "proof of delivery." When I asked what that proof was she was unable to answer. Employees were ill equipped to answer calls and back corporate policy to back what perp that was. A supervisor "AMBER" was rude, defense and was a terrible rep of this great line of product. No one in customer service was knowledgeable or respectful.

Took 11 calls and 2 months and still incomplete resolution. There was a strange chain of command where if you spoke to a supervisor the "investigation" would be canceled. A somewhat punishable act to request a higher up to help the basic info provided by listed access customer derive personal. Disappointed as it was a $200 order. If I had been a grandma from Midwest I would have been ROBBED of my $200 without the know how and follow through of corrupt policy backed by this company. CORRUPT.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Purchased a $260 leather coat for our son for Christmas on 11/13. When received it on Christmas day it was too small. Next available day I ordered and paid for another one in the correct size. I put the wrong size in the mail to return it. Just got the return back from Zara refused because it was outside their 30 return policy. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So you can't buy Christmas presents any earlier than 12/6 or you are STUCK with them. Now I have 2 leather jackets. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM ZARA!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

October 2, 2017 I purchased two items at Zara Woodfield Store. I know my payment went through because I signed the credit machine and I clicked the done button. When the cashier waiting for the receipt to come out, the credit machine was frozen and no receipt paper receive. The customer service called his manager name, Dina and explained what was happened. When she arrived to the counter and check about the issue and I asked the items that I bought and go, Dina told me I cannot get it. I asked why? She said they were not sure if the payment was debited from my bank. The other guy beside her asked me if I can access my bank account through my cellphone. I am very thankful for the technology now, immediately I logged in to my bank account and wallahh! It showed that it was appeared and debited.

I thought that I satisfied them from what they required me but after they saw my bank statement, Dina the manager, on that day, still insisted that I cannot bring home my items and come back to the store after three days to pick it up. I explained her that I drove 2 hours all the way from my work to get in this store but no consideration; she said I have to come back again just to pick up the items? Even the cashier explained her that everything was good it just happened that the store card machine stop while printing the receipt, still she did not listened to her colleague. I requested a temporary receipt to issue to me for the items that I paid but she did not give me anything until I decided to leave the store because of my next errands.

After 3 days and cleared the amount debited to my account, I called Zara Woodfield Store and spoke with another manager name, Melissa. I mentioned to her all what was happened on October 3, 2017, the only answered back that I received that this issue is under investigation. It was so frustrating for the two items that I already paid and debited the amount from my bank account has another order to investigate and she said to call Zara Customer Service to report this issue and get case number. WOW. THIS IS SO CRAZY! I spent 2 hours over the phone during my office hours going back and forth to the story when I called directly to Zara Customer Service. Because of the frustrations, stress and get tired, I made the decision to cancel this purchase and return my money. I got the case #**, dated October 18, 2017 in this call with the refund issue within 10 to 14 business day.

I kept monitoring my bank statement but there was NO REFUND from Zara store appeared on my bank account as what they promised to me. Exactly 4 weeks when I called back again November 15, 2017 to Zara Customer Service. At this time, I spoke Andrene, the manager of customer service and promised to me to taking care of this issue. I feel comfortable when I talked to her because she told me that she will going to send this to designated department who will handle the credit and will expedite this issue to resolve as soon as possible. But that’s again the expectation only. Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day passed away and still NO REFUND appeared on my bank account.

Today is January 13, 2018 at 10:00 o’clock in the morning when I followed up my refund and spoke the customer service channel and I spieled out the latest case #**. The only thing she said to me that my case was submitted to Accounting Department and still on process at this time. Almost 4 months of waiting and 2017 holiday seasons already passed by, the amount of $54.78 is not the big issue here but they are taking me for granted as per customer's complain especially when it comes of refunds of money. I am wasted hours at my work when I called back and forth and repeating about the issues happened. It really so frustrated and I felt a heaviness on my chest every time I heard their response.

I am a cancer survivor for just two years and my body will not afford on this kind of stress. I don't want to have a remission but I could say God be with me that I could have a justice sooner from the worse experience I ever had to Zara store. I paid the purchased that I made and nothing goes to me, instead store got money from my bank account. IN EXCHANGE OF PATRONIZING ZARA CLOTHING STORE THIS WHAT WAS THE TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPENED I’VE GOT.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was return my package included 3 items to Zara on Dec. 4. They got the packaged on Dec.14. Since I did not call in ask about my refund status they didn't refund to me. I called over 5 times. They refund just 2 item to me and keep saying the third item they didn't see it at the warehouse! That's horrible, I swear to GOD! I did return 3 item and put 3 items to the same box. They told me just got 2 and it is been over 1 month. I still not getting my refund and look like they are not going to get the refund to me. They keep saying under review, under review. It has been 1 months already. I will never go to online buy Zara anymore. Horrible situations!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

On November 20th we went Zara to shop, they charge us for a dress, but they did not put it in the bag, we contact Zara that evening. They told us we need to email customer service, we did. They did the inventory check. Told us that is correct, they will refund our money, today is January 5th, still no refund.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My husband purchased a birthday gift for me about 20 days ago. Unfortunately it's too small, And he discarded the original receipt. I called the store and the Zara customer service only to find out they can't do anything to help me without the receipt even if I have the credit card transaction number and proof of purchase. The labels and tags are also attached to the item which along with the credit card info should be sufficient to indicate the purchase price. All other department stores or even discount stores have a system that with the records I noted above would accommodate the customer. But your store don't, not only that, along with horrible and rude employees. Never will shop at your store again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

If I could give Zero, I will. I ordered something online for New Year's Eve, and they are saying they have delivered it, when I have not received the package at all. I called them for the query and they are saying, they will not refund the money back because according to them, the package was delivered. This is a really bad customer service experience. They want to rip your money off but not be helpful at all. There are other bigger companies like ASOS for example, that redeliver your package or refund your money back, because all they value is the customer. I am NOT BUYING anything from ZARA again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

This is the 2nd time that I have a problem with Zara Glendale CA. I bought some pants that I could not try on because the lines were VERY long. Well I went to exchange/return/store credit and they said that without the receipt there were no possibility at all. Then when I spoke with TERESA, the manager... She was the rudest person I have had the experience of speaking with. I will not shop at Zara's again. I am from Spain and I am ashamed to say this company is from Spain. DON'T SHOP HERE!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I bought some clothes online on Black Friday to avoid lines in front the Zara store but took 9 days to delivery when the site said 3-5 days, I opened the box was missing one product. When I complained they sent the wrong product to me. Can you believe it? I returned again in the store to get the correct product and they didn't have and they don't want exchange and they also refused to give me my money back. The store finally agreed to give me my money back, 8 days and still waiting! If you want my advice DO NOT order online. You are better off buying in store. The employees lack experience and customer service (very rude).

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Zara participates in what is basically slave labor, endangering the employees who are making their clothing. Their clothing is typically not high-quality--I had a pair of pants tear after one wear. Some of my experiences in the stores have been pleasant, but the Block 37 employees in Chicago are absolutely awful. I tried returning something I had never worn, and they accused me of wearing it and said they would never put something in that condition (perfectly fine condition) out on the floor. Fast fashion is horrible for the environment and for their employees--stay away.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Zara has a wide variety of choices in brands, styles, colors, and for all age groups as well. The have a lot more selection than in stores I see here. It was cheap but not so cheap that it was not good quality. They have good sales and markdowns on their stuff as well and better than store prices. The shipping was free on the items that I had purchased. It was delivered at a reasonable rate and also arrived on time to my home too.

Original review: March 12, 2017

For boots and shoes in my size, to find cute pairs run into the hundreds but at Zara, they are a good price and great quality. Zara also has a huge selection of boots, dress shoes and sandals in larger sizes, as well as shoes in more common sizes. They also offer widths that are hard to find in most stores. The prices for shipping were a little steep, but after seeing how fast they deliver, it made the prices worth it. The packaging was easy to open and dispose of while keeping my new boots safe. So far all of the shoes I have ordered from the site has arrived in a timely manner and has been exactly what I saw on the site and wanted.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I felt that Zara gave me extremely high quality shoes and made it very easy to purchase incredible shoes online knowing that they would fit well. They sent me my shoes very quickly and it was so good to know that they were arriving safely and in a timely manner. My shoes were well packaged and not damaged at all when they arrived at my home. Zara also has a wide variety of very high quality shoes that I would purchase for a wide variety of occasions. I love that they also carry shoes in a variety of price ranges depending on how my budget is working at the time. I am sure Zara hires wonderfully friendly employees, considering that their service is so wonderful.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Zara's selection was great and I also really liked the amount of colors I was able to choose from. The shipping was just right. I really love when a delivery service knocks and lets me know my package has arrived instead of just leaving it on the doorstep. I have lost many packages because of that. I would definitely recommend buying your shoes here. It was a great experience - fast and easy to find what I was looking for. It even helped me to find another pair I wanted to get.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

There is a huge range of colors, designs etc. and a huge range of priced shoes too. There is more online than in store. It's quite expensive but no different to store prices. Easy to make payments with VISA credit card etc. I found an awesome pair. The shipping policies are good. Delivery is fast and arrived on time. The shipping packaging is sufficient also and there are delivery options to choose from. The website runs well and I did not experience any malfunctions whilst shopping. I did not need to ask customer services any questions.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Zara offers a wide variety of shoe styles with a very reasonable price point. All the shoes I have purchased have been sturdy, stylish, and fit nicely. However, they don't carry half sizes. There is a ton of selection available on the website and is very easy to sort and browse. Whether you are looking for boots, booties, pumps, flats, or sneakers - you will be able to find the shoe for you from Zara. Their shipping is extremely fast. They offer free shipping over fifty dollars or you can have your purchase shipped to the store for free and pick up is very easy. I usually receive my order within a week of placing it. Their customer service team is very quick to respond. I had a question about item availability and they got back to me within the same day. They are very polite and helpful. Their customer service section of the website is easy to navigate.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

It is good and quality comes with the price. The product is made in good quality that will or might last for a year or two. The price is inexpensive and affordable. The quality and style are different from other outfit or stores or in store or online stores and apps. A lot of choices and styles are different and variety is good. Some are unique in its own way. More colors and sizes to choose and more good variety in colors. It came as it should be, shipping is affordable and the package was taken care of, no damages and no scratch. The box where it holds is sturdy enough not to be bended and the quality of the box is superb. Customer service is good in communication and good in relaying messages. More respectable and good natured in dealing with customer new or old and it makes me want to buy more next time.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Zara is good place to shop. Price was good and shoes always had enough sizes. There were lots of stylish and different kind of shoes. I could find enough shoes for myself and for my cousin. We did shop together and he loved all the selection. Shipping was free, really fast and without no problem. They gave me tracking code for my delivery and it was nice to be able to track my shipping.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

There is overall a great variety of shoes. They're a reasonable price for the shoes that you're getting. Not a lot of places are like that. Most shoe stores are way overpriced for bad shoes and it's terrible. Bravo. However, I ordered boots but they came multiple days late and it really annoyed me. I needed the shoes by a certain day but I didn't get them when I was guaranteed to!! Fortunately, after complaining to the company about the fact that I got my shoes so late, they refunded my order. I still got the shoes but it was free of charge. They are all in all respectful of their customers and their customers' satisfaction. I am very much appreciative of that fact. Customer service was not too shabby. It took me a long time to get in touch with the manager and there was a bit of an unneeded argument with the first service woman I talked to. Overall it was a pretty OK experience.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

There was a large selection on the website. They had shoes for men and women. They had shoes anywhere from sneakers, casual and dress. The prices were reasonable for the quality of the shoes they offered. The shoes ranged from generally $60 to $200. I bought a black pair of leather shoes for $80. The shoes were well made and worth the price. It's not a site for anyone looking for cheap shoes. But I ordered a size 9 and received a size 10. Too much. Return them through the mail would had been a hassle. Also I needed them for a party and could not wait for a correct pair. I returned them the nearest store to my house which is 40 minutes away and received the correct size. On the site they give you a option reaching them by phone, social media or chatting online with a representative.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

The selection available is truly remarkable and very beneficial for all your needs. I am extremely happy with it. The satisfaction with the price of the shoes are very beneficial and you have a lot to save. I like how convenient the prices. Also, the shipping and delivery policy are guaranteed satisfaction and you will be very happy. Everything is neat and brought to you on time. The customer service department is good and very helpful with all of your purchases. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to experience greatness.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Zara has some of my favorite shoes! 25.00$ for a cute pair shoes? Count me in! I love purchasing their clothes as well. It all works together to give you the hottest looks. So much to choose that it can get overwhelming at times. I say that they could use some better organizational skills when it comes to putting products in the correct field. Order came earlier than expected and my size and style of shoes were correct. My thoroughly happy with my decision to buy these shoes. I always get compliments. But they could be faster with customer service. It's hard when you have people not answering soon enough. I don't have 30mins to wait on the phone. I want the info on the product and I want it now.

Zara expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zara was founded in Spain, where its headquarters remain, in 1975. The company is now a part of the Inditex group, the world’s largest apparel retailer. Zara has brick-and-mortar locations worldwide and an online store. The company sells children’s and adult’s clothing and shoes.

• Store locations: Customers can check online to see if the Zara store nearest them has an item in stock. Those who don’t want to wait on delivery can purchase online items in the store.

• Returns: All returns to Zara are free. Unsatisfied customers have one month to return or exchange an item, and they may do so through the mail or in a Zara store.

• Style recommendations: The product page for each shoe on Zara has recommendations for other items to pair with those particular shoes.

• Social media: Zara has active social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram.

• Best for: Zara sells shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Zara Company Information

www.zara.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use