3.3/5 (127 ratings)

About Zara

Zara Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?

Original review: June 28, 2022

I purchased four blouses for my daughters. Before making the purchases, I specifically asked if there would be a sale anytime soon, and representative said, 'no.'

The next day all four were on sale. I contacted the online store, explained the situation, and was told Zara never honors sales prices if the purchase was made prior to the listed sale. Zara must be the only retailer that adopts such a policy - H&M, Nordstrom, etc would all refund the price difference if there was a sale. Returning, and never shopping Zara again - too many better options.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Avoid buying from Zara online. They may cancel your order and you may never get a refund unless you take further action legally or through your bank. Please, do not waste your time on a subpar fast fashion brand with worse than terrible Customer Service. I had an awful experience buying from this company. I thought that because it was such a large and well-known retailer I wouldn't have any issues with ordering, and making cancellations or refunds as needed, and clearly I couldn't have been more wrong. I made an order on Zara Mexico's site and paid accordingly (the payment was, of course, immediately deducted from my account, it could be seen on my bank statement weeks later). However, less than 5 minutes later I got an e-mail saying that my order was canceled without explanation and without mention of a refund.

This was on May 27th of this year and I contacted them to see when I would be able to get my money back. Customer Service indicated that I would have my money returned to me within 14 business days, and lo and behold, the 14 business days came along with no refund. I contacted customer service a second time, on this occasion via the Zara Care Twitter Account (I don't know who runs this but please avoid it, it's as good as receiving no customer service and they start to ignore your case when they cannot solve it instead of escalating to the appropriate department).

They mentioned that payments are "pre-authorized" by Zara and they are only "confirmed" or actually charged when the shipment is sent. This was clearly not true for my case, since I had been charged, without receiving a product and no sign of having received my refund or it being processed. They did not care for the proof that I sent (in the form of a bank statement reflecting the money they essentially took from my account without returning it) and merely e-mailed me screenshots showing that they indeed did cancel my order.

However, what I needed was a confirmation for my refund, not for the canceled order within itself. I knew that it was indeed canceled. Essentially, Zara robbed me. They promised a refund that was never delivered and Customer Service kept parroting back the same responses regarding a pre-authorization, and that they allegedly did not charge me, which they clearly did. The money I paid them is, to this day, not back in my account and nowhere to be seen. Who knows how many customers they've done this to, but I'm surely not the first and definitely will not be the last.

Their Customer Service also initially refused to accept my bank statement as proof of being charged without a refund, which is illegal. All I wanted was a nice shirt to gift my mother on her birthday and in exchange I got an immense waste of time and attempted gaslighting from Customer Service. Thankfully, I did not spend an exorbitant amount of money on such a second-rate company, however, this is not about the money itself, but rather about voicing my immensely negative experience and warn future potential buyers about the abusive nature of this company and its employees.

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I purchased over $350.00 in merchandise and changed my mind. I returned to the store just a couple of days later for an exchange, but I left my receipt at home. I could not believe that their ONLY policy was to return for the same item, but a different size without a receipt. Or no return option at all! You buy it you keep it. I stood at the register for over 20 minutes pulling up the Zara app, on their weak wifi. This was in an effort to see if the receipt was on the app, but it wasn't. I asked for the manager who gave me a piece of paper with the customer service number on it and instructed me to call myself.

When I spoke to customer service which was not in the United States, I was told that they could send me a copy of my receipt in TWO DAYS! Why am I standing at the register thinking I could get this handled the same day? I left The Victoria Gardens store and I drove all the way home, picked up the receipt, drove to Arcadia, and made the exchange. Why couldn't Zara accommodate me? Poor, low-quality service, they don't give a ** about their customers. They only want our money. Zara does not deserve my business. Their policies are a slap in the face to the customers. Zara your policies sound like the makings of a class-action lawsuit...beware. **

Original review: June 6, 2022

I went to return an item that I bought last week. My receipt was in bag but when I got to the counter the guy took the item out but somehow the receipt wasn’t there. In after thought I think the way he took the item out, receipt probably dropped on floor behind the counter. At any rate he would not issue a store credit. Said I had to have a receipt. I was standing there with double the amount in a new purchase. He was rude and just in his own world. Also there are lots of employees but No one to back the registers. You can stand in line for 10 minutes and then the person just walks away. Will not shop there ever again. The store is in Carlsbad, CA.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I would give 0 stars if it let me. Purchased a very expensive, small trash bin ($70) that arrived cracked in multiple spots and unevenly stained. It isn't just for collecting trash, but actually a piece of trash itself! And when I went to go review it on Zara....it was gone...No longer in existence days after I ordered (Zara customer service has no explanation for this)...Seems very sketchy, especially with the condition I received mine in. Customer service offered no reprieve beyond me having to waste my time and money to repackage this piece of literal trash and send it back to them.

Original review: March 30, 2022

After a few weeks my online order is still not delivered. Several contacts with customer service didn't result in any solution. No clear date on the actual delivery or refund of the money. This is not how any company should treat their customers.

Original review: March 21, 2022

I had purchased 4 items out of which 2 didn't fit me well. I put the item for return. The return items were picked up within 24 hours. But refund has not been done even after 2 months. Worst company. They don’t return the hard earned money of people.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I returned a pair of jeans back in October 2021. They said they had tried to refund back to my original form of payment, in which it failed so they would send a Etransfer within 30 days. It is now MARCH and I still have received nothing. Spoke with multiple representatives, explained my issue and they always say "your case is still under review," and then disconnect. How unprofessional. Like what is there to review? I returned my item, but now I don't have the jeans or the money. I'm not sure what is so complicated. If it was going to take longer than 30 business days, they should have never said that. I know it's only $50, but seriously Zara do better. This is criminal.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I bought few products and wasn’t happy with the quality and size. So eventually had to return them. I didn’t receive my refund till now. Four days I got an email saying, that the items I returned were non-Zara products. Everytime I call the customer care, they tell me to wait for 48 hours. And then again they send a mail to wait for next 48 hours. Utter nuisance I’m dealing with!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Zara has become one of the pettiest companies ever. The online experience started as a good one. They would send you a re-usable box, returning labels and even tape to close the box. Now they charge you for shipping during sale seasons and you have to print your own labels. They are trying to reduce costs to a point that often the clothes get home in boxes that are all torn apart. God forbid if you have to reach out to online CS. You may not even reach anyone. A chat is started online and someone may or not reply, and don't be surprised if they abandon the chat before you do. They are not trained to say "I'm sorry" or to make any concessions. And nothings gets better if you ask to speak with a supervisor.

I had the worst experiences with online Zara. The worst was when I was never refunded for a return. Contacted the customer service a few times (at least two) and eventually decided to cancel the payment through AMEX. Well, Zara banned me from buying online because I requested to cancel the payment through AMEX. They make no concessions - and that's just their policy. I understand they know their clients will come back not for the CS, but rather for their products. Honestly, I think twice before purchasing at ZARA and it used to be go to. And the main reason for the hesitation: their pettiness.

Zara author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zara was founded in Spain, where its headquarters remain, in 1975. The company is now a part of the Inditex group, the world’s largest apparel retailer. Zara has brick-and-mortar locations worldwide and an online store. The company sells children’s and adult’s clothing and shoes.

• Store locations: Customers can check online to see if the Zara store nearest them has an item in stock. Those who don’t want to wait on delivery can purchase online items in the store.

• Returns: All returns to Zara are free. Unsatisfied customers have one month to return or exchange an item, and they may do so through the mail or in a Zara store.

• Style recommendations: The product page for each shoe on Zara has recommendations for other items to pair with those particular shoes.

• Social media: Zara has active social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram.

Zara Company Information