1.24/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

54 Zara Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I placed an order online. It never got delivered and I contacted Zara's online customer service chat. It took each question 4-10 minutes for the CSR to respond to the inquiry. After about 30 minutes online trying to get details about my lost delivery, she offered to re-send the items and refund me for items that they no longer have in stock. She advised she will email a confirmation but I have not heard back from Zara. And my order has not been updated, I don't think I will get my issue remedied and I just lost $170.00 worth of merchandise through them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have ordered many items online from Zara over the past few years. Some items have poor quality but I have had luck with good quality for most. Unfortunately, in my most recent order, I received a cardigan sweater for my 3 year old that has loose threads on the edge that look to have been tied together in a knot. I contacted the customer service over the Chat functionality and it was a terrible experience. Not only did it take the representative 4-5 minutes to respond to each message, but she had me text her photos of the item and said it had to undergo an internal review process that takes 24-72 hours. THEY sent ME a defective product yet it has to undergo a review before they return or replace it?! I will not be purchasing from them again. If you decide to, you'd better hope everything arrives in mint condition.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought a leopard heeled shoes at Dadeland Mall in Miami. Trying shoes at store is not at all a good experience. At home the shoe fit was stiff and uncomfortable. I looked for my receipt and was unable to find. I took the item back to Brickell Center, which is near my flat. I thought that even without the physical receipt, they would grant me a store credit. After receiving a negative answer at the register, I requested a manager to ask for an exception. NOTHING was granted. Manager acted with total disdain and offered absolutely no option, no courtesy, and told me to call customer service. Customer service was unable to offer me any alternative, but to record my complaint. NO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AT ALL AT ZARA - AWFUL.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I used to love Zara, and will now never buy anything from them ever again. I placed an order on November 25, and it was supposed to be delivered this week. It said it was delivered on Friday, and I didn't receive anything. I checked all weekend, and still nothing -- even though the tracking information said it was complete. Since the phone line is closed on Sundays, I went on the 24/7 chat and spoke with Emile, whom I confirmed all of the information with -- my order number, name, phone, email, and shipping address. Emile said that they'd have to open an investigation tomorrow, and I asked them if they could jot it down. Emile refused -- they couldn't even be bothered to note it in my record.

Even when I mentioned that I had 2 birthday gifts in the order, Emile refused -- talk about laziness! As a result, I am calling 8:30 am tomorrow as soon as it opens and am demanding to speak with someone on their HR team. As for now, I will write my experience on all platforms to warn people never to give them their business online -- and I am so upset, scarred, and devastated by this experience that I will never buy anything from them ever again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Made a purchase at Zara Woodfield Mall and since they did not have my size they ordered it online and shipped to my home. After receiving it, it had a poor design and fitting, so I returned it back to the store exactly one week later, however the refund was never processed and I never received my money back. I do have my original proof of purchase as well as a return receipt but the store managers I talked to and the Customer Service Reps I called are useless in explaining why I never got my money and when they'll resolve my case.

I've called them every week for the past 5 weeks and there's no update. This company is a complete fraud, they are holding my $130+ and don't want to return it. I am very concerned that there's such a large merchant in the US conducting business in such unethical and fraudulent manner! I have no idea if I'll ever get my money back and I came across at least 2 other reviews from consumers who experienced the same issue, so this is certainly a repeat offense that this company is in the habit of doing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Please don't buy anything from Zara as a gift. I bought 2 coats for my wife from Zara.com and they were just a little too tight for her. She took her gift receipt and return e-ticket to the store in Roosevelt Field NY and they told her she could not get store credit and she could not get a bigger size. I paid $323.00 for the coats and my wife left the store without a receipt saying she would get a refund. My wife works 2 jobs so she has very little time but I asked her to return to the store after she got to her car and get a receipt saying she was refunded to my card or get a store or online gift card at least. They would not do neither.

After speaking with Zara.com I got the receipt e-mailed to me but I had already paid my American Express bill in full and now the receipt says 14 days before American Express would receive the money. Now I will have a credit that I must use on American Express if and when it ever comes and my wife is sad. Question is why, thank you Zara for ignoring my wife's gift receipt and making our shopping experience horrible. I will never spend another dollar in your store. As a matter of fact I would rather pay double the price elsewhere. The manager's name in Zara is Marrissa.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

This store has the worst customer service of any store I shop in. I can't wait until my daughter no longer wants clothes from them. Eventually people will get sick of shopping where they are treated as if Zara is doing them a favor by letting them spend their money in their store. All is fine if you don't have a problem, but if you do, you will never win. They are never nice and always unreasonable with their policies.I remember past Christmases shopping at an extremely popular store that my daughter liked clothes from that had a similar attitude, and they are all but gone. I don't care how cute your clothes are Zara, keep treating your customers like this and you will be gone too!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Repeatedly denying return and credit of shipped items. When questioned customer service team acknowledged reoccurring issues and advised to find a local store to return in person to guarantee credit. Appalled that an apparel company could build a business model where stealing from the customer base is a regular and accepted business practice.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Ordered a brown sweater on October 13, 2018, did not received until October 18th, 2018. Went to the store (Florida Mall), waited on line for 20 minutes, tried to return, had an inexperienced cashier that did not know how to do a return. After waiting an additional 10 minutes for the cashier to figure out what he was doing was finally told that I could not get cash because I was returning after 30 days. I respond, "OK. I’ll take the store credit," (please keep in mind I had my receipt the item still had the tags) only for the cashier to tell me I wouldn’t get a store credit because I ordered online.

OK. I say, "I will just mail it back to get a credit." The cashier proceeded to tell me I can’t return online because online orders can only be returned within 30 days. So I can’t get my money back and I can’t get a credit even though I have my receipt and the item has its tags!!! It’s the stupidest return policy ever. I’m trying to find the stipulation on their website to no avail. So buyers be aware - if you order online and you plan to return you must do so in 30 days. If you order online and wait more than 30 days Zara refuses to give your money back or give you a store credit.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I bought a pair of pants and they don’t fit me right. I accidentally lost the receipt and went to the store to exchange them for something else since the tag inside was still attached. Pants are in a great condition. Never used them. They told me they can’t do anything about it because I need the receipt. I asked them to reprint the receipt because I have the gift card I purchased them with and they told me they don’t have access to previous purchase. Well that should tell you what a cheap irresponsible business they have. Ok, I tried to call customer service and see if they can do something and no help. They can’t look up a purchase that was made in their store with their gift card.

I asked for a manager and she told me she has to put me for an appointment? What a joke and it takes up to 3 business days. Woowww!!! There is no manager there to help a customer when they need help. I am done with this place and never returning there again. I am not the person that really writes reviews but they really frustrated me and after spending thousands of dollars there that only one time I asked to exchange something they can’t do and everything I asked them to do was impossible. Ladies don’t waste your money on this cheap irresponsible company. They literally don’t care about you.

Zara expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zara was founded in Spain, where its headquarters remain, in 1975. The company is now a part of the Inditex group, the world’s largest apparel retailer. Zara has brick-and-mortar locations worldwide and an online store. The company sells children’s and adult’s clothing and shoes.

• Store locations: Customers can check online to see if the Zara store nearest them has an item in stock. Those who don’t want to wait on delivery can purchase online items in the store.

• Returns: All returns to Zara are free. Unsatisfied customers have one month to return or exchange an item, and they may do so through the mail or in a Zara store.

• Style recommendations: The product page for each shoe on Zara has recommendations for other items to pair with those particular shoes.

• Social media: Zara has active social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram.

• Best for: Zara sells shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs