3.4/5 (1020 ratings)

About Zara

Zara Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I have shopped here for years and never had problems. I bought my daughter some clothes for Christmas and she didn't like anything I bought her. I figured the return policy for holiday purchases would be extended, that was a big mistake. There is no email address to contact and their chat is all bots so I was unable to get a hold of them. I finally sat down and called them and could barely understand the rep. I asked nicely if I could speak to someone else because we were not communicating or understanding each other. She refused and then was playing the dumb role and refusing to help me.

I finally was able to find a live person on their chat and he was also rude, asking me why it took so long for me to make a return. I guess I'm used to stores like Nordstrom or even Target where the customer service is 5 star and they will take the returns of brand new clothes with receipts and tags even if it is past the return policy. I deleted my Zara account and will never, ever shop there again. This is a multi billion dollar company, but if you read more reviews on this consumer affairs, they don't care about their customers. Good riddance!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

If you have an online return, you can bring it to the store for a refund which is convenient. However, your refund does not take place on the spot. For some reason the refund takes over two weeks to process even though they take the returned items from you on the spot. I made a return for an online order on 01/07 that came to me DEFECTIVE, with seams falling out. The returned product cost around $170 which is not a small amount of money. Not only did I not get credited for the shipping I paid for (even though it was 100% the company's fault for sending me faulty merchandise), it has been almost two weeks and I don't have my money back yet.

Zara customer service says this "depends on your bank" but I have never waited this long for refunds to post, and it's not like there's a "pending" refund sitting on my credit card still being processed - there is zero indication that Zara has even processed the refund on their end. This is certainly not a banking issue and I don't appreciate it being deflected back on me. Waiting 14+ days for your money back after the product has already been received by the store is absolutely absurd.

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Buyers Be Aware!!! They will have clothing in the store with clearance or discount tags and and once you go the cashier and pay the store manager will tell you they can’t sell you the items because it has been blocked from headquarters in Spain. My wife spent long time looking for something to wear and this happens, they lost her as a client. Ridiculous!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

ZARA FRAUD. Hi everyone. This is an alert msg for all of you who order from ZARA online. I had ordered a pair of jeans for myself on 21st December.. When I ordered it said delivery date as 27/28 Dec… which was ok for me as I was flying out for vacation and return on 27th…But these guys sent it delivery on 23rd Dec when there was no one at home. Now they are insisting that it has been delivered without OTP as always required. Please guys be careful of this FRAUD company ZARA… One of their representatives told me why did I order when I was traveling… So now I have to order after checking from their rep otherwise I will be duped… I have been following from them to give me airway bill no… They don’t have it … They have duped me… Don’t know if any one of you has faced the same.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Absolutely awful customer service. The first lady I spoke to shouted at me for 20 minutes; bearing in mind that I already been on hold for 25 minutes trying to get through to Zara. I ordered quite a few items and everything was delivered, apart from a purple satin shirt. I have been online and the shirt is in stock but they refused to send this to me and instead without my authorisation refunded me. The agents are useless and don't want to help. All I want is the shirt, that I have paid for, sent out to me. The agent says it is out of stock but I have one in my basket. The worse customer service ever and they have no common sense. They refuse to transfer you through to anyone that can actually help. DO NOT ORDER FROM ZARA UNLESS YOU WANT A LOT OF HASSLE.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

Terrible customer service- employees treat you like you are lucky to be in the store. Huge lines no matter what time or day you go there because the employees act like royalty and stuck up and work at the speed of a turtle. No regard for customers.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

My parcel was delivered to me on the 12/3/22,11:23 AM by their claim on their website and Ecom delivery company. The cost of lost goods around $800. Need to be reported to the Better Business Bureau. I live in condo building and concierge confirmed there was not parcel. I had no confirmation email to say it had been left anywhere. No photo evidenced. No proof like it's done in Purolator. I have contacted customer service every day since December 5th and they said it's still under review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

!!!! STAY AWAY !!!! DO NOT SHOP ONLINE WITH ZARA. I had two packages from Zara, worth a total of $408, stolen - I have CCTV footage evidence of the theft, as well as evidence that it is my boxes because the ripped open boxes remained. Zara has refused to provide any sort of replacement or refund. I spoke with their customer service team and they told me that Zara bears no responsibility for stolen packages. I requested that they send me an email with that policy in writing as well as an email in writing to confirm my call, but I was only given a case reference number and they refused to provide any written word, and also refused to transfer my call to a supervisor or anybody with more authority. I have looked into reviews online now, and it seems I am one of many over many years who has had this problem and clearly Zara has not.

It is absurd for a multibillion dollar international corporation to treat their customers like this. Amazon, a notoriously cheap company in many of their practices, still replaces stolen items - I have experienced this firsthand when one of my Amazon packages was stolen a few years ago, and many others who have used Amazon have reported the same online. I have read many reviews of other companies that replace their customer’s items. Shame on Zara.

There are so many reasons not to shop here, but I know as student that sometimes it is difficult to resist the urge because of the lower prices. The orders that were stolen were going to be all of my winter coats now that I’ve loved to a colder location. But if you are thinking of ordering from Zara DO NOT DO IT. DO NOT DO IT. You will be treated like RUBBISH as a customer. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: June 28, 2022

I purchased four blouses for my daughters. Before making the purchases, I specifically asked if there would be a sale anytime soon, and representative said, 'no.'

The next day all four were on sale. I contacted the online store, explained the situation, and was told Zara never honors sales prices if the purchase was made prior to the listed sale. Zara must be the only retailer that adopts such a policy - H&M, Nordstrom, etc would all refund the price difference if there was a sale. Returning, and never shopping Zara again - too many better options.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Avoid buying from Zara online. They may cancel your order and you may never get a refund unless you take further action legally or through your bank. Please, do not waste your time on a subpar fast fashion brand with worse than terrible Customer Service. I had an awful experience buying from this company. I thought that because it was such a large and well-known retailer I wouldn't have any issues with ordering, and making cancellations or refunds as needed, and clearly I couldn't have been more wrong. I made an order on Zara Mexico's site and paid accordingly (the payment was, of course, immediately deducted from my account, it could be seen on my bank statement weeks later). However, less than 5 minutes later I got an e-mail saying that my order was canceled without explanation and without mention of a refund.

This was on May 27th of this year and I contacted them to see when I would be able to get my money back. Customer Service indicated that I would have my money returned to me within 14 business days, and lo and behold, the 14 business days came along with no refund. I contacted customer service a second time, on this occasion via the Zara Care Twitter Account (I don't know who runs this but please avoid it, it's as good as receiving no customer service and they start to ignore your case when they cannot solve it instead of escalating to the appropriate department).

They mentioned that payments are "pre-authorized" by Zara and they are only "confirmed" or actually charged when the shipment is sent. This was clearly not true for my case, since I had been charged, without receiving a product and no sign of having received my refund or it being processed. They did not care for the proof that I sent (in the form of a bank statement reflecting the money they essentially took from my account without returning it) and merely e-mailed me screenshots showing that they indeed did cancel my order.

However, what I needed was a confirmation for my refund, not for the canceled order within itself. I knew that it was indeed canceled. Essentially, Zara robbed me. They promised a refund that was never delivered and Customer Service kept parroting back the same responses regarding a pre-authorization, and that they allegedly did not charge me, which they clearly did. The money I paid them is, to this day, not back in my account and nowhere to be seen. Who knows how many customers they've done this to, but I'm surely not the first and definitely will not be the last.

Their Customer Service also initially refused to accept my bank statement as proof of being charged without a refund, which is illegal. All I wanted was a nice shirt to gift my mother on her birthday and in exchange I got an immense waste of time and attempted gaslighting from Customer Service. Thankfully, I did not spend an exorbitant amount of money on such a second-rate company, however, this is not about the money itself, but rather about voicing my immensely negative experience and warn future potential buyers about the abusive nature of this company and its employees.

Zara author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zara was founded in Spain, where its headquarters remain, in 1975. The company is now a part of the Inditex group, the world’s largest apparel retailer. Zara has brick-and-mortar locations worldwide and an online store. The company sells children’s and adult’s clothing and shoes.

• Store locations: Customers can check online to see if the Zara store nearest them has an item in stock. Those who don’t want to wait on delivery can purchase online items in the store.

• Returns: All returns to Zara are free. Unsatisfied customers have one month to return or exchange an item, and they may do so through the mail or in a Zara store.

• Style recommendations: The product page for each shoe on Zara has recommendations for other items to pair with those particular shoes.

• Social media: Zara has active social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram.

Zara Company Information