2.86/5

90 Zara Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2019

The denim mom Jean is a distressed look. The jeans come with holes placed at the knees and just under the right pocket, after only wearing the jeans for a few hours, holes began to expand. This was very disappointing to say the least. I contacted Zara and provided them with many pictures (over 10). After just 24 hours, they replied through email explaining that they would not be replacing the jeans. If I knew that after a few hours my Jeans would be essentially garbage, I would never have ordered them. I will never order from them again. They do not stand by their products and customer service is not their priority.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Within ordering twice within two weeks from Zara; both of my deliveries by LASERSHIP were left in the wrong location. My address & apartment number were clearly identified on my order and also on the outside of the shipping box. Each time I had to physically go looking for my package throughout the large apartment complex I live in (thank goodness I was able to find them.

I called the carrier to complain and I also contacted Zara to let them know that the drivers are haphazardly leaving packages anywhere. Since both deliveries were an inconvenience for me; I asked if they could offer a courtesy discount on my next order. Customer service called me on May 11th and left me a voice message that for my next order; they will give me free shipping. I don't see how they think offering free shipping is such a deal; since shipping is free for orders over $50 anyway. I've been reading all the complaints online and totally agree that Zara is not customer friendly at all. THEY REALLY NEED TO RETHINK and REFORMAT THEIR POLICIES OR THEY WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE CUSTOMERS!

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I had an order with Zara from online for a pair of shoes (which named LEATHER SLINGBACKS WITH WOOD HEELS from their site) on March 25, 2019. Since I first wore them on April 24, 2019, I felt my foot very uncomfortable with them. Take close to look at them, I found there were something from board lasting connected insole were out of flatness and they were against my foot. On April 25, 2019, I contacted their customer service (phone no 1-855 635 9272) with this issue and requested an refund because of the quality issue.

On April 27, 2019, I sent a deal of pictures of the shoes I purchased from Zara according to their requirement and they told me it would take 24-48 hours for reviewing my case. On April 30, 2019, I contacted them again from online because I did not get any response from them. They replied they were waiting for new pictures about insole from me. On May 4, 2019, I resent more pictures with the shoes to them. They told me that I had to wait for 24-48 hours for getting a result.

On May 7, 2019, Without any response, I recontacted them again to ask the result. They said they denied all about my request and they wound not take any responsibility for my purchase. I was trying to take deep explanation to them and asked if I could have a chance to speak with their manager for the issue I met. On May 9, 2019, I spoke with their manager whose name is Pascal who claimed as a manager. He talked in a rude way for not being responsible for my order and could not make any effort on my case. I felt very disappointed because I paid $40 for one day shoes with pain from my foot.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Upon entering the store on Fifth Avenue and W 52nd I asked a sales associate where I would find a tuxedo style suit for an evening wedding. She said, “If you haven’t found what you’re looking for, we don’t have it.” I explained that I just walked in the door and was asking for her guidance. She then pointed out where the office-wear was. I told her again that I was looking for a formal tuxedo style suit for an evening wedding. She then said they carried nothing like that. So I asked if that was an online item only. She then asked for me to show her a picture. To her credit, she went and got the info I needed. Once I located what I was looking for I asked for the bathroom and was told I’d have to go next door to Hollister. Long story short, no bathroom there either. The two suits I tried on were really poorly made out of very cheap materials. My advice is don’t bother.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I ordered 2 shirts and 1 jacket, they only ship the jacket and forget about the other two shirts that were supposed to be in the package. When I contacted customer service they said they have to investigate the issue. What's there to investigate? They didn't give me what I paid for! Also, mind you the gift card I was trying to use was not even activated properly that my mom bought me for Christmas. I went to the store and they couldn't do anything about it. Finally customer service fixed the gift card for me, only for my then order to not even be shipped with everything. Horrible they have gone downhill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have been a Zara customer since their first flagship store on 57th Street in NYC. Over the years the quality of their products have diminished! I just contacted @Zara Care on Twitter to advise them the booties I purchased from them and wore for the FIRST TIME lost its heel! Yes! The heel came completely off on one of the booties! A few months ago, I purchased another pair of suede like booties only to have heels of both shoes PEEL OFF after only one wear! These were returned and a refund provided. A pair of pants purchased in the fall got a hole in the seam at the first wear! The quality of their products is shoddy and another frustrating area is their sizing! You cannot get consistent sizing on their products either! Sometimes I wear a small and other times a large! Small sized items made in China are different from those made in India and in Spain! Making online purchases difficult! Zara really needs to elevate their quality standards!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a jacket at Zara store in La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego and then decided to return it. During the two weeks that passed between the time of my purchase and the attempt to return it my Nordstrom Visa credit card was stolen. I got a new card with the new digits; however, my account stayed the same. The store management told me that I could return the jacket ONLY for credit store.

I never had a problem like that with other stores. I was able to return merchandise as long as I had the receipt. Somehow they were able to process the new card based on the receipt. I do NOT understand why ZARA's policy is so unfriendly! After all, the replacement of credit cards happens quite often, for a number of reasons. It looked as if they punish their customers for not being able to produce the same credit card! I will never shop there again.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I purchased a jacket and earrings online from Zara. I forgot that Zara's sizes are small, so I had to return the jacket for a larger one. No Problem. I also purchased a pair of earrings. When I received them, I opened the package and tried them on. They were much too large so I repackaged them and sent them back. The problem is they were packaged so tightly that I had to rip the "sticky" tag just to get them out of the box. I just received the following message from Zara: "Regarding the return of the LEAF EARRINGS - **; unfortunately, at this time we are unable to process a refund as the item is not in returnable condition. We apologize for any inconvenience and advise that the item will be shipped back." The earrings were in perfect condition except for the packaging that Zara probably designed with "difficult to open" on purpose so you can't return items. They're only $20 earrings but Zara just lost me as a customer.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I purchased goods online from Zara, which I subsequently returned to my local store the day they were delivered. Due to 1 item of my order not being delivered to me within that order the store was unable to process my refund whilst I was in the store. A member of staff called Zara head office, and informed me they would process my refund that day through the head office, I was subsequently given my receipt back, with the member of staff writing on the receipt that all items had been returned to the store, and a refund would be issued. Zara are now claiming they have no record of me returning these items. It is now 4 days since I returned these items, I have sent proof to Zara head office of the receipt I was given in store, and they are now saying it will be a further 48 hours until they respond to me. To say I am disgusted is an understatement, how can such a large company be so incompetent? Zara you are a disgrace.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Purchased about NZD 800 online from Zara NZ over 2 months. Zara has wrongly tagged their basic blue leggings sending polka dot ones instead. Return process super cumbersome. They couldn’t guarantee I would receive the rightful item even if it was showing available online as they needed me to send a photo; process it (took 2 days), get a return tag to print (again 2 days after I called) and then sending them a photo of the receipt from the drop off point. Then they called me asking me to re purchase it online as they are able to refund an item but not exchange it because it was already exchanged once?

I asked RE shipment and customer service said it would ask and call me back in two hours which they never did. Then guess what I purchase over 75nzd to just not bother with shipment etc and they send me the same wrong item again!!! They want me to repeat the whole process because sorry this is the process and they can’t do anything to help. I ask to speak to someone higher up but was advised I could send an email and they will advise me! Some advice Zara if you even care about your ratings online... Try to look at any other company who sells online - Peter Alexander, petco anyone and they have a much more customer friendly process and customer service people who are actually empowered to help! Maybe you just don’t care!

Zara expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zara was founded in Spain, where its headquarters remain, in 1975. The company is now a part of the Inditex group, the world’s largest apparel retailer. Zara has brick-and-mortar locations worldwide and an online store. The company sells children’s and adult’s clothing and shoes.

• Store locations: Customers can check online to see if the Zara store nearest them has an item in stock. Those who don’t want to wait on delivery can purchase online items in the store.

• Returns: All returns to Zara are free. Unsatisfied customers have one month to return or exchange an item, and they may do so through the mail or in a Zara store.

• Style recommendations: The product page for each shoe on Zara has recommendations for other items to pair with those particular shoes.

• Social media: Zara has active social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram.

• Best for: Zara sells shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs