3.8/5 (274 ratings)

About Zara

Zara Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?

Original review: April 22, 2022

I would give 0 stars if it let me. Purchased a very expensive, small trash bin ($70) that arrived cracked in multiple spots and unevenly stained. It isn't just for collecting trash, but actually a piece of trash itself! And when I went to go review it on Zara....it was gone...No longer in existence days after I ordered (Zara customer service has no explanation for this)...Seems very sketchy, especially with the condition I received mine in. Customer service offered no reprieve beyond me having to waste my time and money to repackage this piece of literal trash and send it back to them.

Original review: March 30, 2022

After a few weeks my online order is still not delivered. Several contacts with customer service didn't result in any solution. No clear date on the actual delivery or refund of the money. This is not how any company should treat their customers.

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2022

I had purchased 4 items out of which 2 didn't fit me well. I put the item for return. The return items were picked up within 24 hours. But refund has not been done even after 2 months. Worst company. They don’t return the hard earned money of people.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I returned a pair of jeans back in October 2021. They said they had tried to refund back to my original form of payment, in which it failed so they would send a Etransfer within 30 days. It is now MARCH and I still have received nothing. Spoke with multiple representatives, explained my issue and they always say "your case is still under review," and then disconnect. How unprofessional. Like what is there to review? I returned my item, but now I don't have the jeans or the money. I'm not sure what is so complicated. If it was going to take longer than 30 business days, they should have never said that. I know it's only $50, but seriously Zara do better. This is criminal.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I bought few products and wasn’t happy with the quality and size. So eventually had to return them. I didn’t receive my refund till now. Four days I got an email saying, that the items I returned were non-Zara products. Everytime I call the customer care, they tell me to wait for 48 hours. And then again they send a mail to wait for next 48 hours. Utter nuisance I’m dealing with!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Zara has become one of the pettiest companies ever. The online experience started as a good one. They would send you a re-usable box, returning labels and even tape to close the box. Now they charge you for shipping during sale seasons and you have to print your own labels. They are trying to reduce costs to a point that often the clothes get home in boxes that are all torn apart. God forbid if you have to reach out to online CS. You may not even reach anyone. A chat is started online and someone may or not reply, and don't be surprised if they abandon the chat before you do. They are not trained to say "I'm sorry" or to make any concessions. And nothings gets better if you ask to speak with a supervisor.

I had the worst experiences with online Zara. The worst was when I was never refunded for a return. Contacted the customer service a few times (at least two) and eventually decided to cancel the payment through AMEX. Well, Zara banned me from buying online because I requested to cancel the payment through AMEX. They make no concessions - and that's just their policy. I understand they know their clients will come back not for the CS, but rather for their products. Honestly, I think twice before purchasing at ZARA and it used to be go to. And the main reason for the hesitation: their pettiness.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Placed order online and did not fit, took it to store for an exchange. Didn’t have same item, so they said you can only exchange for the same item! They did not let me exchange for anything else. Explained to them that receipt does not say that!! Called corporate and First Lady that answered said “yes you can exchange for something else” then got disconnected! Called back and that lady said “No, has to be for exact same thing!” Told her same thing is not available and receipt says you can make exchanges!!! She kept saying No!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I ordered my daughter a pair of pants for Christmas. I received an email saying that the pants were "shipped" a few days before Christmas. A few days after Christmas I called to say the pants never arrived. Their information said it was out for delivery. I was told to call back in a few days if I don't receive it. I called back in a few days and said we still haven't received the package. I was given case ID # and was told that a new package would be sent.

I call again to say nothing was ever received (though I suspected this would happen because no confirmation email was sent). I was then told the original package was delivered on Dec. 24th and asked who was home at the time of delivery. I said my entire family, it was Christmas Eve. They asked if I live in an apartment, condo or townhouse. I say none of the above, I live in a private home. I am then told that the item is now out of stock. I asked if the item had still been in stock the first time I inquired about the missing package. No real response to that question. I am offered a store credit and free shipping on my next item. I ask what makes them think I will ever order anything from them again seeing the last package never made it to may house. I am told a manager will call and speak to me personally in the next 24-48 hours. No one ever called.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I purchased an item online that did not fit and decided to return the item with the intention of repurchasing in another size. Less than 1 week passed between receiving the item and mailing it back for a refund. The item is unused with all original tags attached. I also included my original receipt in the return parcel. While the return item was in transit back to Zara, the credit card that I used for the original purchase was part of a security breach and the account was closed. The credit card company said that since the account has been closed, they cannot accept the merchant refund. The refund will be bounced back the merchant. Note: Since I have had a few security issues with this credit card company, I opted not to have them reissue me a new card. There was $0 balance on the card.

I then contacted Zara to ask if it were possible to refund to an e-gift card or store credit as I intended to make a repurchase anyways. The answer was no…their policy is to only issue a refund back to the original form of payment. I understand why this policy exists and normally would not take issue with it. But I am stunned that Zara online does not have a policy in place for circumstances such as closed/inactive accounts.

I called one of the physical stores to inquire about the return policy when the original credit card used was cancelled (for an item with a receipt and tags still attached). They said it would be honored as an exchange OR put onto a gift card. I am equally as stunned that Zara online has a different policy than their brick & mortar stores. If I had known that their return policy is so rigid and inconsistent, I would have kept the item and had it altered or donated it. So lesson learned….If your credit card gets cancelled before Zara has processed your return, they will not offer to place your money owed on a gift card. In fact, they get to keep the item you sent back and the refund that “bounced back” to them. Horrible customer service and horrible return policies.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

My wife and I ordered a pair of jeans for my daughter in November for Christmas. Ordered early due to concerns about shipping. She opened them Christmas day, and we needed a different size. Contacted the company to ask for an exchange and they would not honor because it had been greater than 26 days since it was delivered. Please do not order from this company. I never will again.

Zara author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zara was founded in Spain, where its headquarters remain, in 1975. The company is now a part of the Inditex group, the world’s largest apparel retailer. Zara has brick-and-mortar locations worldwide and an online store. The company sells children’s and adult’s clothing and shoes.

• Store locations: Customers can check online to see if the Zara store nearest them has an item in stock. Those who don’t want to wait on delivery can purchase online items in the store.

• Returns: All returns to Zara are free. Unsatisfied customers have one month to return or exchange an item, and they may do so through the mail or in a Zara store.

• Style recommendations: The product page for each shoe on Zara has recommendations for other items to pair with those particular shoes.

• Social media: Zara has active social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram.

Zara Company Information