2.87/5

90 Zara Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

Bullying, humiliation and intimidation is the customer service that is promoted within your Meadowhall store by Zara Management. There was no duty of care displayed from any of the staff. After trying to return a faulty item and speaking to Zara head office, receiving a case reference number for a full refund, the manager told us we were lying as head office would never do that, she called head office behind the till and came back saying the case reference wasn’t for a full refund. I called head office from my personal phone, gave the number to be told it says full refund, I told them the manager stated it didn’t and they asked me to pass the phone over to her, she refused to take the call.

The manager's manner and behaviour was very intimidating, speaking down to us with great disrespect. I’d like to remind the manager, not everyone works at Zara therefore you need to take some time to explain your policies and procedures, not try and show off in front of your friends at the till and call customers liars. This went on for about 15 minutes, the manager was very dismissive once I stated the consumer rights act, and kept asking other staff members to serve us without a solution.

We were put in a very vulnerable position, my mum left the store in tears and hasn’t returned to Meadowhall since this incident as she is extremely intimidated, threatened and anxious of how the manager tried to personally embarrass us in front of all the staff at the tills and about 15 customers queueing. A customer was put in a terrible and unprofessional situation due to the incompetence of the Zara management and Zara head office. Looking at the below reviews, the management at Zara represent a very unprofessional culture. I am not satisfied with this service or how it has been dealt with so far. I would like this escalating and a response immediately.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I purchased a defective item from a store on March 1, 2019. When I put the pants on to wear I noticed almost immediately that the seam in at least two places was coming undone. I immediately took them off and put them back in the bag to return. I was told by both store manager and customer service department that they would not replace the defective item because I did not have a receipt. Now I understand the policy, but when Zara sells a defective piece of clothing, the responsibility should be on them to make it right. The customer service department and store manager were completely unapologetic and rude. This was through no fault of my own, and to be forced to keep a defective piece of clothing is absolutely unacceptable.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I ordered 6 items online. I received 5 items and Zara is not going to refund my money for the item I did not get. Totally unfair and unacceptable after being a loyal customer who spends thousands of dollars every year.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Literally, THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE...PERIOD! Purchased a coat, coat was faulty, misplaced receipt. Went through a ridiculously long process to find transaction, took over a week when I was promised 24-48 hours, every time had to chase their customer services, only to be told they couldn’t find it and provide proof of purchase!! They are awful! To make matters worse when I went to do a return for a different item that was a day over the 30 day period, they couldn’t do anything, nothing! No exchange, gift receipt, nothing. To make matters worse I was in the Bluewater store a week later and a lady brandishes a load of receipts at the tills and the manager lets her do a refund for an item 2 weeks over the 30 day refund/exchange period!! Sorry what?!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I ordered online and I just noticed that the address I picked is my old address. And I called the customer service that they told me my order is on way. And I told them "please dont drop my packet at foreign people door, I have no contact them." And a few days later, they emailed me "We suggest to make arrangements to receive the package at the address provided." They could have reached the delivery person and at least sent my packet to the correct address. I am so disappointed their service. I stopped shopping from Zara. Its customer service is so rude and doesnt help you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

An order I placed on ZARA.COM arrived in 3 boxes. Out of these 3 boxes, a pair of boots were missing. I called customer service to report this issue. After 2 weeks of calling them 3 times, I was repeatedly told by the agent that ZARA is not responsible for any missing or lost item once the shipment leaves the warehouse, which is a very irresponsible and ignorant statement from a business. Since they told me they shipped out 3 boxes after I reported to them, clearly I paid for an item that was never shipped. There was no missing box, only missing ordered item that was never included in the boxes.

I refused to accept their irresponsible response and asked to talk to a supervisor, and was told that there is no supervisor. The resolution provided by the company is very unjust and unethical. It is the company's responsibility to ensure all items are delivered to the customers. I have been a loyal customers for many years and I am very disappointed in their practice of handling this issue.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I got a faulty pair of pants which ripped on me and I was just a few days over the return policy so all they told me was to get them repaired. I did just that but they ripped again so I asked for a refund because clearly these pants are terrible quality. After numerous and numerous emails and phone calls, they are still working to resolve this case. I sent them my first email about this in November, it is now almost March. How such a huge brand can be this terrible is beyond me. On top of that, they're trying to tell me all I can do is get store credit. After everything they put me through I deserve a full refund PLUS store credit. They've lied to me and made me wait WEEKS before getting any sort of response. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. And when I tried to get it escalated or talk to a supervisor they tell me "that's not an option". This is ridiculous and I would encourage everyone to shop ELSEWHERE.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My package was shipped out on Dec 27th, and I picked it up from Purolator facility on January 2nd. Returned the package to Zara main office via Canada Post and they received it on January 30th. However, package got returned to me a week after. I was advised it has passed 30 days, there's no way to return it. My QUESTION is shipping time was also included in the 30 days - this is ridiculous. Also asking Zara if I can get store credit because I shop at Zara a lot, but the answer is NO. All in all, no shopping at Zara ever AGAIN!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Ridiculously rude customer service and terrible communication among Zara stores. I was shopping at a Zara in Long Island, and they did not have my size in a pair of shoes I was interested in. So the cashier was able to find a store on 5th avenue that had my size. First, they could not contact the store for me to have them ship the shoes at my own cost, nor could they reserve the shoes for me to go pick up. So I call the store on 5th avenue myself to reserve the shoes. The rude cashier was UNWILLING to go look for the shoes I was describing to her without the article number, even though they were the only shoes of their kind at that price; a simple walk around the store would have given me the answer I was looking for. As I was politely telling her that I am going online to look for the article number of the shoes as we speak, she hung up on me. How is that acceptable customer service?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Can someone please explain why during certain days and hours only the registers in the female department are left open? I writing this after experiencing a similar situation multiple times at various Zara’s locations including New York City (Fulton/Broadway) and NJ (Newport). On several occasions lines have been excruciatingly long and for some reason the company seems to only keep registers in the female section open. This is extremely inconvenient and causes the line to practically go out the door. Today while waiting, I literally had to put my things down and leave. This can be rectified very easily by opening up the registers especially during times when it’s clear that it can help the situation. Thanks.

Zara Company Information