1.21/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

82 Zara Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Ridiculously rude customer service and terrible communication among Zara stores. I was shopping at a Zara in Long Island, and they did not have my size in a pair of shoes I was interested in. So the cashier was able to find a store on 5th avenue that had my size. First, they could not contact the store for me to have them ship the shoes at my own cost, nor could they reserve the shoes for me to go pick up. So I call the store on 5th avenue myself to reserve the shoes. The rude cashier was UNWILLING to go look for the shoes I was describing to her without the article number, even though they were the only shoes of their kind at that price; a simple walk around the store would have given me the answer I was looking for. As I was politely telling her that I am going online to look for the article number of the shoes as we speak, she hung up on me. How is that acceptable customer service?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Can someone please explain why during certain days and hours only the registers in the female department are left open? I writing this after experiencing a similar situation multiple times at various Zara’s locations including New York City (Fulton/Broadway) and NJ (Newport). On several occasions lines have been excruciatingly long and for some reason the company seems to only keep registers in the female section open. This is extremely inconvenient and causes the line to practically go out the door. Today while waiting, I literally had to put my things down and leave. This can be rectified very easily by opening up the registers especially during times when it’s clear that it can help the situation. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Returned a pair of pants to the store on 12/15/18. As of today, not credit. Have called 855-635-9272 since 01/02/19 and get the same response, "We are escalating to a supervisor. Our finance department will get back to you in 1 - 3 business days." Not return call - nothing! I'm out of pocket $87.49 and they have their pants! Unacceptable!!! I will NEVER ever shop there again!!! Worst customer service EVER!!! Pay me my money, you have your merchandise - opened a case with the BBB and they are giving them the same runaround!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

On December 16th of 2018, I went into the San Francisco Westfield Zara and purchased four articles of clothing: a dress, a pair of pants, a blazer, and a sweater. The bag with my items was much smaller than I expected as the sweater was a huge item but as a long-time Zara customer, I trusted them and did not question it. I went home after my purchase only to find that the sweater was not in my bag. I was charged for the sweater but the sweater was nowhere to be found. I called the store numerous times and there was no response, so I had to call the other downtown San Francisco location. The salespeople at that store told me that they could not assist me and told me I should reach out to the workers at the San Francisco Westfield Zara.

The next morning, I went in to the San Francisco Westfield Zara and they told me that they do not have access to the store cameras and gave me a phone number to reach someone who did have access. After that, I called the number right away and the Zara customer service department opened a case for me and promised they would check the store camera’s video footage of the transaction. They took down all of my information and asked me to email them a copy of the receipt. They told me it would take a couple days but they would get back to me about my case.

A week passed and I called the number again to check on my case and they told me that the case number did not exist. They offered to open a new case for me (case number **) and they told me the same thing. I called back the next week and they told me they haven’t received any information. The same thing happened a couple more times over the course of a month. Finally, they called me and left a message telling me that they did not put the sweater in my bag and that I could either receive another sweater or a refund. I called back telling them I wanted a refund and gave them my credit card information, and the customer service department told me it would take about a week or so, depending on the card, to process the refund.

A little more than a week after that conversation, the customer service department gave me a call, and the representative named Charmaine told me that the sweater had not been left at the store and that they would not refund me. I was asking for proof because I was told they had access to the cameras and that they had left me the voicemail prior saying they would refund me. She kept insisting that the sweater was not left in the store and that I would not receive a refund. I asked for a copy of the video or a picture for proof and she kept ignoring me and insisted there would be no refund and rudely hung up on me.

I called the customer service department right after she hung up on me and asked again for proof but all they told me was the prompted statement: “It was not left in the store.” I requested that they go over the video once more since they had access to it. They said that they would send in the case once more for review and after two days they insisted the same tired line: “It was not left in the store.” I feel as though they did not even check the video since the first case had taken them weeks to process and through my interactions with them, they have not shown me anything that would prove otherwise.

I have been a Zara customer for more than 10 years and I am very disappointed in personnel both in store and in the customer service department. This isn’t about the money for the sweater; I do not like feeling like I have been duped by the company and brand that I trusted so much. I just want proof that the sweater was not left in the store especially because they personally told me that it had been and then suddenly started telling me that it had not.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Never shop online from Zara. If you have any problems with your order, their customer service will never help you out. They deserve 0 stars. They lost my package and they don't want to give me a refund. The Worst Customer Service in the entire world.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zara?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I’m not sure if the location address is correct. I placed an online order with Zara and I don’t know the address where the merchandise is shipped from. However, I purchased 4 pairs of jeans for my 7 year old son on 1/5/2019. My order# is **. On 1/8/2019 I received my package and opened it and it only had 2 pairs of jeans. I checked my email just to confirm if they were probably shipping the other separate but I only found one confirmation with the shipping details for all four. I immediately contacted Zara customer service and reported the issue. The agent apologized and confirmed that I should have received all 4 in the same package. I gave her the item numbers of the 2 that I received. She advised that as a courtesy she will submit a request to have the missing merchandise re-shipped which she explained should take 3-5 days.

The following Thursday I received a phone call from Zara stating that they have reviewed my request and have determined that the complete order was shipped and they will NOT be re-shipping or crediting me for my missing items. I went over and over with them that I have no reason to lie about merchandise worth $39 that I did not receive them and that I refuse to pay for something that I did not receive. I even inquired on how did they determine that and they were not able to explain how. Did they check their warehouse cameras to see when my box was packed? I received no answer. I requested a manager and a Tanisha came on the phone who was rather rude and insisted that the merchandise was shipped.

I got to the point where I’m now feeling like I’m accused of lying when I simply did not receive my complete order. At this point I feel hopeless and cheated out of my money. I asked for a manager above her and she claimed she’s the highest rank that I would receive. I kept on insisting until she said she would submit my order for a 2nd review that would take another 3-5 days. I said ok. The following Tuesday I did not receive a resolution so I did an online chat with Zara. There was no resolution, therefore, I requested that a manager call me immediately. I was told a request was entered and I will receive a call within 24 hours.

I called back on Wednesday night and then was told that the callback is up to 72 hours. Here we are now and it’s Friday and it’s 72 hours and there has been no callback. I did an online chat and was told I just had to wait because they are busy. I called the customer service and asked to speak to a manager and she hung up the phone on me. I’m just really over this and would like my merchandise or my card credited for the merchandise I did not receive and avoid doing business with Zara in the future. All these years I’ve been online shopping I have never experienced anything like this.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered a pair of stretch thigh high boots and received them today. THEY ARE WORN...wrinkled in the front with scuff marks, no tissue paper in the shoe. I reached out to customer service via chat twice and both times I was asked for my order number and told they were looking into the matter. Let’s just say, no one ever came back to the chat. I’m thoroughly disgusted and now seeing all of the reviews, I’m glad it’s not just me. I will NEVER ORDER FROM ZARA AGAIN! DISGUSTED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I was a big fan of Zara clothing. Lately, I realized the clothes are losing textile and fitting after 1-2 washes. I don't want to pay $$$ for this poor quality anymore. I mainly bought tops and sweaters but now they are of no use to me.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Do not buy from Zara.com. I purchased a jacket for my daughter that had a sleeve that was not sewn correctly. The first step in the very long return process was for me to prove that there was a problem and that I hadn't worn the jacket by downloading 4-5 pictures onto their chat system. And to include the order number and a case number that they gave me (why two numbers??).

After two days, they said I could return the jacket and sent me a return label. It's 2019...that's normal, slap on the return label, drop it at the post office or UPS box and wait for your money to be returned. No. Zara.com then wants you to go to the post office, get a receipt with a tracking number and call a special phone number and report that number. So when I called and read off the 35-digit number the customer service rep asked if there was a space after the first 8 numbers? No. Well, she said, it doesn't seem to have been scanned into the system. So she suggested I check with my post office! I went back to our CLOSED Post office, got the kind post master to find my Zara box and rescan the package. It was the correct number...but he noticed that the first 8 #s are the PO code and Zara's zip code. The rest of the numbers are tracking.

So to recap: that "Customer service" rep asked me if there was a space after those numbers and since there wasn't...she couldn't figure out what to do. Suggested that I go check with the Post Master??! What an idiot. The post master doesn't work for Zara but he figured it out when she couldn't. THEN when I called back with the correct number...this rep tells me that all the numbers I gave are just the shipping label number, so I could have just given her the shipping label number that was sent in an email to me. IT DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE POST OFFICE. They didn't need a tracking number generated by the PO, they basically wanted me to call them and tell them my box was in the mail. WHAT? They put me through all those hoops hoping that I would just give up. It is idiotic. Why would you treat customers like that? Will never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have shopped at Zara for many years now and have found that about 60% of the time a button will come off of a Zara dress or sport shirt. I don't know why I keep coming back. Maybe it is because I like the textiles and the fit, but the button sewing sucks.

Zara Company Information