2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.23/5

Woot is an online retailer that offers one deal per category every day. Its categories include home and kitchen, computers, tools and garden, sports, outdoors and shirts. The site has optional one-day shipping, but free delivery is available for Amazon Prime members.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Woot Reviews

Original review: March 6, 2020

This is now the third or fourth time I've had to contact customer service for a refund of a product that was shipped broken, defective, or incorrectly. Enough is enough. I suggest steering clear of this company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I purchased this item for my camping gear. It pop up instantly, getting it back down was a nightmare. The included instructions for refolding it are ridiculous, poorly described, impossible to get back in carrying case for over 1/2 hour. Had to go to Youtube, 2 different videos to find the correct one. Almost threw in the trash until finally found a video that folded it in two moves. Why can't instructions that come with the item do this? And there was NOWHERE on Woot site, nor in the FAQ section, that allowed me to review this product so I am doing it here.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I purchase online a Cuisinart Amana lies cast iron Dutch oven. 2 minutes and I mean literally 2 minutes after I ordered it I saw that it came in a color that I liked better. I attempted to call but was not able to get through at all they were closed. Their policy I had read somewhere stated that you can cancel any order within 2 hours. Since I was only 2 minutes I should have been able to cancel. And I actually didn't want to cancel it I just wanted to change colors. Therefore I wrote an email know that I would not get a response within 2 hours.

I still hoped that they would be fair and they could see that my email was sent only three minutes after purchasing the pan. They emailed me back and said, "Oh sorry it's after 2 the two hours. You are not able to change anything about this product." And they just absolutely would not work with me under no circumstances. This is my very first experience with Woot and it will be my last! And I will spread the word about Woot's false return policy.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

My item was supposed to be delivered on Monday. It is now Friday and still no item. Customer Service told me it would be delivered to my business during normal business hours. But 2 days in a row the USPS (which is terrible) has tried to deliver after 7 pm. You cannot get a live CS agent for Woot on the phone or get a live CS for USPS on the phone. So buyer beware! Delivery is at your own risk and good luck if you have a problem. You are 100% on your own. This will be my last Woot Order.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I've been charged 1000 dollars by Woot and have no idea who they are. I've emailed multiple times to try and find out what is going on. I've had no response and they have no phone number listed. The whole thing seems fishy to me and I'm confused why Amazon would be associated with a clown show like this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I ordered a Sony HDTV from Woot on Amazon. After waiting 10 days they told me to wait 3 more. Waited the 3. Contact WOOT again only for them to say they would refund my money 8-10 business days. I said, "Why not send another one with 2 day delivery?" No response. I then repeatedly had to request my refund which I still have not received! I will never purchase from them again. Interesting enough I contacted AMAZON who said this was a 3rd party and that AMAZON had no control over their policy. I later learned AMAZON owns WOOT which now makes sense why the would not post my review. Check WOOT reviews on AMAZON. You will see only positive or no reviews. I’m very upset with both of them. Lesson learned.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I purchase a cast iron skillet set through Amazon 12 days of Deals (Christmas) for a great price. The product never came. No one could explain why it didn't arrive. First I contacted AMAZON after waiting their required time for a replacement order, was told that my money could be refunded and not replaced and to contact the company. I contacted WOOT. They would not resend the product stating that they CLAIMED I refused to accept, mind you, the whole time I am receiving tracking notifications stating the delivery is late, then stating allow two more days, then stating delivery is lost. What a joke!! I asked for a replacement order to have it resent and WOOT would not honor the price I had paid for a reorder and their price had doubled. Very Poor customer service. Getting a refund (hopefully) and buying product from another company. I heard LODGE makes a much BETTER product in cast iron skillets anyway!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Woot almost feels like a scam. I can't believe that it's an Amazon company. Amazon's customer experience has been like HEAVEN compared to the HELL that Woot is. Let me tell you what happened in FULL DETAIL. I made my very first order on Woot on 10/30/2019. I was overseas on a trip and totally forgot what I ordered, but I figured since Woot is part of Amazon, I thought the operation would be just as streamlined and matched with the great quality of experience that Amazon shopping usually provides 99% of the time. They got the other 3 items in the same order right, including a 3-piece order of athletic shorts, a Bluetooth receiver for the car, and a pair of Nike Running shoes, but these are the remaining items of concern:

"Mens Slim-Fit Fleece Moto Joggers & Zip-Up Hoodie" Sold by Woot. Gender: Male. Color: Black. Condition: New. Size: Large. Quantity: 1 @ $26.99 - 70% off list price $89.95. (The problem: I received ONLY the Zip-Up Hoodie and NOT the Moto Joggers. They are missing completely.) "Men's Slim-Fit Tech Fleece Hoodie & Jogger" Sold by Woot. Gender: Male. Color: Black Set. Condition: New. Size: Large. Quantity:1 @ $29.99 - 80% off list price $149.99. (The problem: Instead of a set in Black, I received a set in Heather Grey. Wrong color.) "Anker Powerline Plus Lightning Cable" Sold by Woot. Color: Golden. Condition: New.

Size: 6'. Quantity: 2 @ $11.33 - 37% off list price $17.99. (The problem: Instead of getting a 2nd cable (I ordered 2), somebody packed a very USELESS USB 2.0 TYPE-B MINI cable instead.

So what did I learn from this one order? There is a SERIOUS problem in the orders/packing department. I didn't get what I paid for and I wonder if others are experiencing the same thing. It's ENTIRELY inconvenient to go out of our way to drop off something that we shouldn't have received in the first place. They might be paying for return shipping, but it still costs valuable time and gas to drive to a returns location. Let's be honest.

Considering the amount of errors in this order... I'm beginning to think Woot is either sketchy, extremely untrustworthy, and entirely inconsistent OR it's been POORLY run by incompetent staff, possibly from top to bottom. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I honestly wonder what Amazon has to say about this consistently sketchy business that they have decided to make one of their own companies. It's undeserving of having any ties with Amazon, but sadly it is. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASES from Woot. You will either get the wrong thing or not everything you paid for. Imagine ordering at a restaurant and getting only a little more than half your food and even what you got isn't entirely correct. That's what Woot is.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I ordered a UE Megaboom Speaker from Woot, thinking that since they are owned by Amazon, it would be a legit business. Nothing could be further from reality. They don't actually have the products they list for sale. But are in fact the middle man. They outsource your order, which is why it takes so long to get your order. What is the point in offering a 2 hour window to cancel an order when it takes 3-6 business days to process for shipping, then additional 4-8 business days for shipping. Not sure if they feel like the wording of their website is cute. It seems like smart aleck responses to me. Thinking since it's Amazon owned, but seems to run the opposite ideas of customer service, as they have none. Buyer Be Warned.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I just received the refurbished iPad Pro that I ordered. The deal was too good to pass up. However I regret ordering this product through Woot. Make sure you read the fine print. If it is a refurbished product, the refurbishment is done by a 3rd party and Woot will not send you a proper charging brick. The charging cable that I received was a charger for a phone. The other major problem I had with the product I received is that the box had already been opened! Not the package it arrived in but the actual box the product was in.

Woot author review by Erin Huffstetler

This quirky site started out offering one deal a day but has since grown to offer one deal a day across a variety of categories.

• Free shipping: Order any item on the site, and it ships free.

• One-day shipping available: Orders must be placed by 11 a.m. central, and a $5 fee applies.

• Can store payment and shipping info: Since deals go quickly, Woot allows you to store your credit card and shipping information. Just log in and use the feature to check out faster.

• Customer service: All customer service questions must be submitted via email or taken to the forums.

• Returns are discouraged: They will accept returns on defective merchandise, but encourage you to deal directly with the manufacturer instead.

by Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Woot Company Information