3.7/5 (177 ratings)

About Woot

Woot is an online retailer that offers one deal per category every day. Its categories include home and kitchen, computers, tools and garden, sports, outdoors and shirts. The site has optional one-day shipping, but free delivery is available for Amazon Prime members.

Pros

• Fun and casual branding
  • Chat forums and member benefits
  • Discounted prices on name brands

Cons

• Some items run out quickly
  • Deals only last 24 hours

Bottom Line

Woot is an independent subsidy of Amazon that offers a wide selection of home goods, electronics and other items for discounted rates. Amazon Prime members get free shipping.

Top Woot Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I mainly use this website when I want something unique. I also use it when I want something cheap. If a group has events, I'll snag a gift from Woot.com… The home page always has ...

Verified

Woot has been useful because I always can find some coupons or deals that are really interesting to me and my family, and I don't have to lose time because the website is easy to ...

What is Woot?

Woot is an online marketplace that offers discounts and deals for products in seven distinct categories:

• Home and kitchen
  • Electronics
  • Computers
  • Tools and garden
  • Sports and outdoors
  • Shirt
  • Grocery and household

To use Woot, customers create an account and browse for products by category. Customers can read reviews, discuss the deal with other members and click the “I want one” button to add it to their cart.

You can also see how long the deal will last, average shipping time and how many people bought the product. You can log in with your Amazon profile or create a Woot profile. Amazon Prime members get free standard shipping.

How does Woot work?

Woot has a unique branding strategy that focuses on casual, conversational content, straightforward pricing and unusual inventory. Some other things to consider when buying off Woot include:

• Daily deals: The item at the top of the page each day is the daily deal. It is deeply discounted and usually at the lowest price available on the web for that day. The daily deal changes each day at midnight.
  • The blog: The Woot Blog is a resource where customers can read product listing descriptions and informative articles related to Woot’s extended inventory. You can also find humor, trivia, pop culture and games on the blog.
  • The community: One thing that makes Woot unique is its member-inclusive community. The chat and discussion forums let members discuss products and deals and share reviews. The different forums include Artist Central, Shenanigans, Deal Chatter and Mortimer and Monte’s Info Desk.
  • The return policy: All purchases can be returned within 30 days for a full refund,  As long as the item is not damaged or defective, Woot will deduct the prepaid cost of return shipping from the refund and apply it once the item has been received.
  • Shirt.Woot: Shirt.Woot is a T-shirt campaign by Woot that offers “shirts produced and sold by Woot featuring a wide variety of design styles and subject matter.” Every day, exclusive graphic T-shirts are put on the front page for sale. These graphic T-shirts feature popular sayings, characters and social themes.

Woot prices

Woot’s purpose is to offer high-quality products for discounted prices. Because these deals are only offered for a limited time, they often sell out quickly. Woot offers everything from kitchen appliances and computers to outdoor recreational equipment and clothing.

All prices are listed clearly under each product with a countdown timer to let you know how long the deal will last. Below are some of Woot's most popular items and their discounted prices.

ProductPrice
Dyson Hot+Cool AM09 tower bladeless fan and heater$199
HP EliteBook x360 1030-G2 convertible business notebook, 13.3"$599
Rio Beach Total Sun Block UPF 50 Shade pop-up shelter$39
Shark UV540 lift-away upright vacuum (Scratch and Dent)$60
K’NEX Thrill Rides, Web Weaver Roller Coaster Building Set$35
Kathy Ireland weighted blanket with glass beads$25.99 - $47.99

Amazon Prime members get free shipping. If you don’t have Amazon Prime, you can get a free 30-day trial to try out Woot and the other benefits of Amazon Prime, such as free two-day shipping and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows and more.

Woot FAQ

How long does Woot take to ship?
Woot's Express shipping takes two to three days, and standard Woot shipping takes three to five business days.
Are Woot products refurbished?
Some Woot items are refurbished, but most products are new but available in limited quantities.
How much is shipping on Woot?
Woot charges $6 for standard shipping and $12 per item for two-day shipping. Shipping is free for Amazon Prime members.
Is Woot safe?
Yes. Woot is a trusted and reliable online retailer. It has a clear refund and warranty policy and is a subsidiary of Amazon.

Is Woot legit?

Yes. Woot is an independent subsidiary of Amazon and follows many of the same business practices. It has been in business since 2004 and offers free shipping for Prime members and 30-day return policy. While Woot might not be your first choice if you’re looking for a specific product, it’s a good place to shop to find deals and unusual gifts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I've been waiting for over 2 weeks for my item to ship to me. Then I receive a defective broken AC. When I request return, it takes days for me to receive the shipping label. When I call their support, nobody answers and call drops after 30 mins. Email reply is super slow expect 24 hours min. If it's part of Amazon, shame on them because amazon is super effective in shipping and return.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I bought earbuds 2 days ago and Their website says I cannot return. There is a plastic USB port. Cheap item and not the real deal. What a waste of money down the drain! Customer service is an email they never return. No phone number affiliated.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2022

I ordered a air conditioner and I have waited 3 weeks when they said 1 week, then 2 weeks, and I replaced it. They took too long. I live in Florida and it is in July and I needed it! I replaced it after two weeks.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I bought a firestick and you double charged me and don't want to refund my money and I have statement transactions to prove and you guys still won't return my money... Don't waste your time. They stealing money out of people's account no matter how small the charge they going to double charge you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Ordered a product and got an estimated delivery date. Although the delivery date was 2 weeks out, I was okay to wait. I waited 3 weeks with no updates from them. I did receive a tracking number immediately, but no movement occurred on the shipment. Contacted them and they said it never shipped out and they didn't have stock. An email would have been nice to update me that they are selling stuff they don't have. Waste of time, would never use again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

First of all, I am an Amazon top reviewer, and Woot! is an Amazon company. I ordered 4 shirts with an estimated delivery day of 16-18. I contact them on the 16th when they had not shipped them. It said their customer service would respond. They did, 4 days later, after the product shipped finally. They had not even shipped my item by the time it was supposed to be delivered, and there was literally nothing I could do about it. It is on my porch at home while I am out of town. Just find another place to order from. It isn't worth it. It is funny, after we thought brick and mortar would go away, I find myself doing all my shopping at those places now.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

After reading the reviews on Consumer Affairs about this website I'm very worried about not receiving what I ordered, I should have read the reviews listed on Consumer affairs before I placed an order with the company, I probably won't receive the order, or the products I ordered are going to be worthless and cheap, I'm really not expecting the order to even arrive after reading the one star reviews, and there's a lot of them, but I think this is a scam company trying to milk people of their money, if I don't receive my order, or if the items are cheap and worthless, then I'll be writing a review about that, just wish I would have read the reviews first.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I tried to exchange my order after 5 hours of ordering it. Their customer service picked up the phone twice and didn't say a word and stayed on the line for a long time. I didn't want my money back I just wanted to buy something that cost a little bit more money and they wouldn't allow me to. So I emailed them with still no results in time but to tell me it was sent out. So the next day when I saw what I really wanted to buy up had already went up $25 higher.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Didn't show up with proper cable and touch screen freezes on all programs and now that I have Apple pencil it lags and doesn't work on screen in places then might catch up or freeze. When I bought nothing was said about it being refurbished.

Original review: July 2, 2021

1st I opened my iPad mini and was sent no power cord or plug which was stated in writing that it would be sent with it. 2nd all four corners were dented and tons of scratches all over the back. 3rd I ordered an iPad four mini that was stated it had Wi-Fi and cellular and when I went to add cellular data to it it had no cellular option

Woot Company Information