2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.7/5 (105 ratings)

About Woot

Woot is an online retailer that offers one deal per category every day. Its categories include home and kitchen, computers, tools and garden, sports, outdoors and shirts. The site has optional one-day shipping, but free delivery is available for Amazon Prime members.

Pros

• Fun and casual branding
  • Chat forums and member benefits
  • Discounted prices on name brands

Cons

• Some items run out quickly
  • Deals only last 24 hours

Bottom Line

Woot is an independent subsidy of Amazon that offers a wide selection of home goods, electronics and other items for discounted rates. Amazon Prime members get free shipping.

Top Woot Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I mainly use this website when I want something unique. I also use it when I want something cheap. If a group has events, I'll snag a gift from Woot.com… The home page always has ...

Verified

Woot has been useful because I always can find some coupons or deals that are really interesting to me and my family, and I don't have to lose time because the website is easy to ...

What is Woot?

Woot is an online marketplace that offers discounts and deals for products in seven distinct categories:

• Home and kitchen
  • Electronics
  • Computers
  • Tools and garden
  • Sports and outdoors
  • Shirt
  • Grocery and household

To use Woot, customers create an account and browse for products by category. Customers can read reviews, discuss the deal with other members and click the “I want one” button to add it to their cart.

You can also see how long the deal will last, average shipping time and how many people bought the product. You can log in with your Amazon profile or create a Woot profile. Amazon Prime members get free standard shipping.

How does Woot work?

Woot has a unique branding strategy that focuses on casual, conversational content, straightforward pricing and unusual inventory. Some other things to consider when buying off Woot include:

• Daily deals: The item at the top of the page each day is the daily deal. It is deeply discounted and usually at the lowest price available on the web for that day. The daily deal changes each day at midnight.
  • The blog: The Woot Blog is a resource where customers can read product listing descriptions and informative articles related to Woot’s extended inventory. You can also find humor, trivia, pop culture and games on the blog.
  • The community: One thing that makes Woot unique is its member-inclusive community. The chat and discussion forums let members discuss products and deals and share reviews. The different forums include Artist Central, Shenanigans, Deal Chatter and Mortimer and Monte’s Info Desk.
  • The return policy: All purchases can be returned within 30 days for a full refund,  As long as the item is not damaged or defective, Woot will deduct the prepaid cost of return shipping from the refund and apply it once the item has been received.
  • Shirt.Woot: Shirt.Woot is a T-shirt campaign by Woot that offers “shirts produced and sold by Woot featuring a wide variety of design styles and subject matter.” Every day, exclusive graphic T-shirts are put on the front page for sale. These graphic T-shirts feature popular sayings, characters and social themes.

Woot prices

Woot’s purpose is to offer high-quality products for discounted prices. Because these deals are only offered for a limited time, they often sell out quickly. Woot offers everything from kitchen appliances and computers to outdoor recreational equipment and clothing.

All prices are listed clearly under each product with a countdown timer to let you know how long the deal will last. Below are some of Woot's most popular items and their discounted prices.

ProductPrice
Dyson Hot+Cool AM09 tower bladeless fan and heater$199
HP EliteBook x360 1030-G2 convertible business notebook, 13.3"$599
Rio Beach Total Sun Block UPF 50 Shade pop-up shelter$39
Shark UV540 lift-away upright vacuum (Scratch and Dent)$60
K’NEX Thrill Rides, Web Weaver Roller Coaster Building Set$35
Kathy Ireland weighted blanket with glass beads$25.99 - $47.99

Amazon Prime members get free shipping. If you don’t have Amazon Prime, you can get a free 30-day trial to try out Woot and the other benefits of Amazon Prime, such as free two-day shipping and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows and more.

Woot FAQ

How long does Woot take to ship?
Woot's Express shipping takes two to three days, and standard Woot shipping takes three to five business days.
Are Woot products refurbished?
Some Woot items are refurbished, but most products are new but available in limited quantities.
How much is shipping on Woot?
Woot charges $6 for standard shipping and $12 per item for two-day shipping. Shipping is free for Amazon Prime members.
Is Woot safe?
Yes. Woot is a trusted and reliable online retailer. It has a clear refund and warranty policy and is a subsidiary of Amazon.

Is Woot legit?

Yes. Woot is an independent subsidiary of Amazon and follows many of the same business practices. It has been in business since 2004 and offers free shipping for Prime members and 30-day return policy. While Woot might not be your first choice if you’re looking for a specific product, it’s a good place to shop to find deals and unusual gifts.

Woot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I tried to exchange my order after 5 hours of ordering it. Their customer service picked up the phone twice and didn't say a word and stayed on the line for a long time. I didn't want my money back I just wanted to buy something that cost a little bit more money and they wouldn't allow me to. So I emailed them with still no results in time but to tell me it was sent out. So the next day when I saw what I really wanted to buy up had already went up $25 higher.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Didn't show up with proper cable and touch screen freezes on all programs and now that I have Apple pencil it lags and doesn't work on screen in places then might catch up or freeze. When I bought nothing was said about it being refurbished.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2021

1st I opened my iPad mini and was sent no power cord or plug which was stated in writing that it would be sent with it. 2nd all four corners were dented and tons of scratches all over the back. 3rd I ordered an iPad four mini that was stated it had Wi-Fi and cellular and when I went to add cellular data to it it had no cellular option

Original review: April 27, 2021

I purchased a drone from Woot. Half of the items was not included. One of the item was the cord to connect the battery to the battery charger. Therefore I am unable to charge the battery. Numerous other items were also missing from the package. I have sent messages on numerous occasions to Woot and Windsor Global Warranty and has been ignored on each occasion. This company with the total scam.

Original review: April 3, 2021

What a scam Woot is now. I started using woot in 2006 way before Amazon owned it. It was great back then with actual deals. Now its just Amazon rejects with 0 customer service. You handle everything through email with someone overseas. You have to wait days for a response to find out they totally misunderstood the point of your email, only to have this go back and fourth with no resolution and no way to escalate to someone that will put some effort into the issue. This is where Woot and Amazon do not line up. I have never had an issue with an Amazon return.

That said, my reason for this review is that I purchased some Saucony shoes and returned them because the fit was defective in one of the shoes. I follow up on the return because I had not received a credit or communication after several weeks. They responded:

"Hello there,

I am sorry to hear about that.

Upon checking I see that you have returned a DVD set When Calls The Heart instead of Shoes.

We can send the return back to you if you wish to and help you with the new return label for you to return the shoes back to us.

Thank you for understanding and we appreciate your patience."

So.... Uh yeah. They have the shoes, I don't have anything to return. I suspect they will charge me to send the DVD set to me. Still waiting for confirmation on this. I figured I may as well get something out of this since the DVD set is worth way more than the shoes. LOL There is the possibility that the DVD set is empty. I suspect it's someone else's return that got mixed up with mine. Too bad there is no internal communication within Woot for them to figure that out.

Since I paid for it with Amazon prime I suspect I can go through Amazon to resolve it...not holding my breath though. I won't be using Woot again that's for sure. *smh

Original review: March 21, 2021

The company sells merchandise with "international warranties" so the manufacturer will not warranty it. Beware. Without actually contacting the seller, it is impossible to know this from the Amazon listing. In my opinion, this is intentional. You might save a few dollars but you risk losing your entire purchase price after 30-90 days. Like MANY other customers the Sony (Sony!) headphones I purchased died shortly after the 90 day warranty expired. Neither Sony nor Woot would help. Way to go Sony. Way to go Amazon!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I bought an iphone 7 which stopped working outside of the 30 days return window due to a known issue: https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service. Apple will not honor the repair since the "refurbished" phone's original sale date is older than 4 years. This makes their "long-lived" phone as useless as a cell phone as Woot is as a service. I will never use woot again, since it is obviously a scam to unload defective equipment.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Received item damaged by shipper. Initiated a return immediately. Their return policy states an item can be returned within 30 days. They will not supply me with a return shipping label to cover cost. I have sent them pictures of the damages. I have called their customer service and spoke with a rep. As soon as I give them the order number they tell me it's an Amazon order number and even though they are owned by Amazon they can't help me with a shipping label. Catch 22. Stay away from Woot.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

On December 1, 2020, I purchased Sunjoy A601006600 Audrey 60-Quart Rolling Cooler Cart, Black for my granddaughter for Christmas. When we opened the box today it wasn't what I ordered. It is a blue canvas wagon which I don't believe is worth what I paid. I'm seriously upset over this. I feel like I got ripped off. After all this was a Christmas present and it was embarrassing! Was this a bait and switch item. This is so wrong! The offer of $10.00 was a slap in the face!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I ordered a couple of T-shirts that were small. I reached out to Woot and they responded very quickly. I order everything online and I have dealt with many different companies. I rate Woot customer service as one of the best.

Woot Company Information