Woot

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had very good experience with RetailMeNot.com. I will always choose this site for promos and discounts. Coupons are a great deal as well. I really enjoy the great savings and coupons. I can print coupons and use at the store when I'm shopping. I would hope very much that they continue doing what they do. Overall, this is the best site for discounts and promos. It's a great site I will recommend to friends, family members, and co-workers.

The website was fine, but it did not have what I was looking. But most of the time I can find something I really want. I like the deals that they have especially on the sites that I use. When there is free shipping codes and coupons I use those a lot because they do tend to help me save money. I like to look for free shipping, coupons for deals. I love to look for promos also, sometimes there are pretty good promos and I can make a good deal. Sometimes they do not have enough codes or coupons for me to use. I tend to look elsewhere if there is nothing on there for me, but overall I really love that website. The experience was well worth it.

I've used Woot for a while and my experience with it has been great. They have a lot of useful coupons and I have saved a lot of money throughout the time I've been with this site. They have a lot of deals and it's easy to use. Never have I gotten on it and not been able to get coupons I need. I have used coupons from them for food, clothing and household items. Every time I get on it I've never had a problem with it at all. It is always consist and has great deals and ways to save money. I look for any coupons you normally use when I shop. If I'm food shopping for food I know I can go to the site and get several coupons and use them. Everyone can save money on it in so many ways.

Woot has been useful because I always can find some coupons or deals that are really interesting to me and my family, and I don't have to lose time because the website is easy to use. Also, they consider a lot of different products, so you will always find something you like or need with a really good deal, and the best of all you don't have to do nothing, just search the page. They bring a good service, they are innovating and constantly improving their website. I use it when I go to the supermarket. I almost always try to find good deals on food or something that my family need.

Woot is one of the sites I use most often when I am shopping. It is very friendly and easy to use. It also gives a lot of variety and has many items that my friends and family like. Woot has a lot of options that fit their lifestyle. Moreover, it has a lot of coupons and really good deals. I have used the site for some time now to find deals on food items. I have nothing but good experience with using Woot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

My experience with Woot was good. It was easy to access and very well put together. Every day the items change so you have to return all the time to see what they have now. I like it that way as it keeps things new and exciting. You never know what you might find on the website I have been on. All items go fast but luckily they bring some back if you missed the deal. They have multiple favorites that give you a variety of options to see. Nothing beats their prices for nice stuff and I liked the prices and quality.

I use their buy one get one free deals. Others may include 50-80% off which is nice to add on top of sales. It is awesome to grab a promo code or sale coupon to add to any purchase. However, sometimes an item is used. Used can be good and bad. But if you get an item that was on sale and didn't work for you, you can count the web page and speak to someone for help. They get back to you in a decent amount of time. They try to help but most sale items are final. No refunds or trades.

I love getting bargains and this is the easiest way I know how. Online couponing is the best! I can find great products with good brand names at reasonable prices.

They all have most of the same coupons for the same stores and products though some websites have a bigger selection but mostly they have the same deals. The coupons are mostly for gift purchases for my kids and grandkids. I spend most of my extra dollars in them and I like to get a deal. I love percent off deals or actual dollar figures. However, they are sometimes hard to download. But, waiting a few minutes is not so bad since you save so much and I also often have difficulty reading the fine print.

I've had excellent deals, the only bad thing I can see is the delivery time. But I really like this site - they would get 5 stars, except that they do sell out of their good deals. I bought a refurbished Fitbit that was a Christmas present from Woot which was dead on arrival. I immediately contacted Woot and they sent me to a third-party warranty fulfillment center. I did not buy from a third-party. I bought from Woot. I submitted a claim with the warranty fulfillment center and more than a week later I have not heard anything from them. I contacted Woot and they offered me a partial refund or I could return it for a refund. I told them that I wanted a replacement. They told me they didn't have any. I showed them a link to their parent company where they are for sale. They said that they could not do that. In other words, they had the ability to solve the problem and they chose not to.

Then I ordered a pair of ugg #8. They send my receipt and it was #8 on it but THEY SEND WRONG SIZE #7. I tried to get some t-shirts exchanged for a size that fits better and they refused to do so. Then they sent me a much cheaper laptop than the one I ordered. I asked them to send the one I ordered, but they said they didn't have it and then sent me a label so that I could return the one they sent me, and when they get it back they'll start the refund process.

Also, I bought a "Refurbished" and "Microsoft certified" Dell workstation from Woot. In my whole life I have bought a lot of refurbished desktop/laptop/cellphone for myself/family/or just for resale. And this is the worst! It is a totally used/broken crap. It looks even older than my old desktop which has been used for more than 2 years. The fan sounds crazily noisy! It cannot restart by itself, which makes it no better than a brick cause when you try to upgrade the system it has to restart several times to finish the job, but it can't!!! For such a crap when you try to return it you have to pay 15% restock fee and shipping and it already caused me 2 weeks night time.

I used to order regularly from Woot and Got some great stuff from docking stations to pearls to whatever. However, the charm is gone. Woot sells junk now and doesn't have a conscience about it. For example, I ordered a set of sheets for $90.00. When I washed them once, they shrunk so that they no longer fit on the mattress or the pillows. I appealed to Woot. After all, I had been doing business with them for years, and this was pretty darn bad. But, nope, I can't do a thing. It's Against policy. Doesn't matter if it's egregious. Doesn't matter if it's not ethical to sell sheets from China that can't be washed. After a string of 6 or so emails, I gave up. And I gave up on Woot. There is no heart or ethics in it now.

They have a lot of options. They have a nice web design and good deals everyday. Easy to navigate. But, I don't use the website for any deals or coupons specifically. Whatever interests me like clothes, shoes or toys. It was okay, or as expected. Please improve a couple of things though. The domain name/website name itself is kind of weird. Also, the customer service needs improvement. Good customer service is, I think, the most important thing for a business or website to have. I don't like that they don't really answer back on questions promptly. Thank you.

I mainly use this website when I want something unique. I also use it when I want something cheap. If a group has events, I'll snag a gift from Woot.com. I have only used this site a couple times but each time it grabs my attention. The home page always has unique items. It has interesting sections like "Last Chance" for quick deals. I always get good stuff there. But I dislike that some of the ads take up half of the screen. It can sometimes make me close the whole page or accidentally go backwards. That causes me lose out on items. However, the pricing list is super easy to access and understand and the website has easy navigation tabs. The font is very interactive and the color scheme makes shopping fun and inviting, too.

The experience with the deals website I am reviewing today was very pleasant and easy to understand. It had some coupons that I was looking for and some I could use that I didn't think of before visiting the website. I also use the website when I am looking for extra discount on things that I am purchasing online or that I can print out in-store. There were nothing in particular that I dislike about the deals website I am reviewing.

It's been good and very interesting and makes you stop and look at the things we download or look at. I love playing apps but a lot of them lock up or never even work at times at all and it's reckless. It is worth your time to collect coupons and save money and how don't like saving money. This website was very helpful and useful for me and my family. I don't like that some of the deals take too much time to receive and it's annoying that you sit there and watch countless video and so many question then you either get booted or disconnected. And it makes you not want to use the sites for those reasons. Overall makes me stay away from multiple sites. Woot is very helpful at getting you to right sites for coupons. Before now I never tried any sites to get coupons. Now I like doing it and trying to find them. Could make it easier by having sites you can go straight to and just use promo codes off your phone right at the store or online. Thank you.

It is difficult to find coupons that are for the products that I use most often. There are too many things to look through. There are certain types of coupons and promos that I look for and sometimes their deals are good and sometimes not. I have to search a long time and sometimes the amount of savings is not worth the time spent. Nevertheless, sometimes they have coupons for items that I use a lot and they do have coupons for national brand items too. And, I like the way they are displayed on the screen.

This is the best site as far as purchasing. I recommend this website to anyone looking to get reasonable items and it is easy to find everything that I am looking for without confusion. Also, sometimes the order will be sent with free shipping. I am always looking for a bargain and that is why this website is highly appreciated and when I am satisfied with their service I will continue to use it. It is easy to navigate. I don't have to go to many pages to acquire what I am searching for. I love to find all kinds of deals which saves me plenty of money. Have to search intentionally, type in what I am looking for without wasting time getting information I don't need. I love everything that the website has to offer. Also, they have many contacts if there is a problem.

I usually look when friends in Facebook or twitter have post a deal or item on Facebook - I don't typically view Woot by my own searches, as it's just not a site I typically think about. But I like this website because of the wild, fun and interesting things it provides - there's a different deal every day, always an interesting find, out of the ordinary, maybe where you would go to find something for the person that has everything and updated often so you never know what you'll get. But sometimes items do not appeal to me - they are for people I might know in life, like the people that are hard to buy for - but I can't justify spending the money on things.

A friend turned me on to Woot. Yesterday I was perusing their site and found one of those items (electronics) I don't NEED, but couldn't live without. I was excited about my purchase!! Today I received an unannounced credit for my purchase from Woot. No explanation, just a credit. My excitement turned to dismay. I later received an email stating they were 'unable to fulfill order' and they are “Sorry we were unable to get you the item that you ordered.” Seriously who sells items they don't have?? I am very disappointed!! Won't be purchasing ANYTHING from them again!! Buyer BEWARE. Woot is selling items and are unable to fulfill orders!!!

If you purchase wine from Woot, disregard the posted delivery time of "shipping in 5-7 business days" because it is not true. Here is a quote from Woot Customer Service: "Most orders placed on Wine.Woot (even items that aren't wine) can take up to 2-3 weeks to be delivered. Since orders are placed directly with the winery, Wine.Woot orders take longer to process and ship out than the typical 5 business days we estimate for other merchandise." Do not bother to pay extra for "Expedite Shipping". It is a waste of money. Woot is not really funny when it comes to solid business practices, such as engaging in illegally charging for items before they even ship.

Purchased on May 9, 2015 among other product a Zike bike for 169.99 dollars. The bike arrived may 14 and upon inspection I could not fit the front wheel to assemble the bike. Took the bike to a reputable bike shop and was informed that the front fork was bent at the factory. As I had the Zike manual I called Zike and sent 5 emails to customer service. In time I was able to contact a technical support individual who told me they DID not sell the bikes to Woot and that they would not provide any support. He stated they were investigating how Woot purchased the bikes. I was also told I could buy the part from Zike if I wanted.

Sent Woot 8 or 9 emails as there is not number to call. Several days later Woot responded with a 25 dollar credit offer or an rma to return the product. I noted the ost of the bike shop over $75 dollars plus the cost from Zike $50 plus shipping should be reimbursed. I am still waiting for the rma which I would hope is prepaid. The experience has been horrid. Woot should be sued for cheating customers and not responding. Amazon should be ashamed of their association with Woot as Woot is a not a reputable business. I have been cheated by Woot.

Order Date: Feb 21, 2013. ViraTech patented cartridge design removes odors and kills greater than 99% of airborne bacteria without the risks associated with handling and discarding contaminated or infectious filters." Above is a verbatim copy of the features section for the ViraTech UV-400 Advanced Filterless Air Purification System I purchased last year. Note, though it doesn't matter in this case, it has a 2 year warranty. Today, I contacted the manufacturer, RXair, they purchased Viratech, and was told, that this was a fabrication, and that Viratech NEVER claimed the filter didn't need to be changed. In fact it does, and the filter (Called a cartridge) should be changed every so many thousands of hours, not to mention the skill required to disassemble the entire machine. It took me 5 entire hours to figure out how to take it apart, and put it back together. I demanded, because of the mistake in the posting of said erroneous information, that of which enticed me to buy it, that they refund my money. They made a series of spurious arguments, one of which said, "it's a cartridge not a filter", even though they say "You will never have to get your hands dirty, or handle contaminated, filthy filters again.

Yes buyer beware!!! Double charged my account for a $700 computer and refused to resolve the problem. Was left holding a bag of crap because of their mistake. They claim it was a security check. But their version of this "check" is to remove $700 from my account. Then deny the sale, which in turn generated a second sale and the removal of another $700 from my account. It took 6 days for their refund of the first $700 to get back to my account. So... if the first sale was denied because of security issues, why did they take my money?. And if there was a security issue why did the second sale go through? Needless to say I had a couple bills coming out the same week which cause my account to be short. This in turn generated fees. All this because Woot was protecting me.

Expert Review

Erin HuffstetlerDeal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.    More about Erin→

This quirky site started out offering one deal a day, but has since grown to offer one deal a day across a variety of categories.

What consumers say

Not much. Perhaps the site has not grown enough to attract a steady stream of reviews.

• Free shipping: Order any item on the site, and it ships free.
  • One-day shipping available: Orders must be placed by 11 a.m. central, and a $5 fee applies.
  • Can store payment and shipping info: Since deals go quickly, Woot allows you to store your credit card and shipping information. Just log in and use the feature to check out faster.
  • Customer service: All customer service questions must be submitted via email or taken to the forums.
  • Returns are discouraged: They will accept returns on defective merchandise, but encourage you to deal directly with the manufacturer instead.
  • Best for Bargain shoppers