Woot

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A friend turned me on to Woot. Yesterday I was perusing their site and found one of those items (electronics) I don't NEED, but couldn't live without. I was excited about my purchase!! Today I received an unannounced credit for my purchase from Woot. No explanation, just a credit. My excitement turned to dismay. I later received an email stating they were 'unable to fulfill order' and they are “Sorry we were unable to get you the item that you ordered.” Seriously who sells items they don't have?? I am very disappointed!! Won't be purchasing ANYTHING from them again!! Buyer BEWARE. Woot is selling items and are unable to fulfill orders!!!

If you purchase wine from Woot, disregard the posted delivery time of "shipping in 5-7 business days" because it is not true. Here is a quote from Woot Customer Service: "Most orders placed on Wine.Woot (even items that aren't wine) can take up to 2-3 weeks to be delivered. Since orders are placed directly with the winery, Wine.Woot orders take longer to process and ship out than the typical 5 business days we estimate for other merchandise." Do not bother to pay extra for "Expedite Shipping". It is a waste of money. Woot is not really funny when it comes to solid business practices, such as engaging in illegally charging for items before they even ship.

Purchased on May 9, 2015 among other product a Zike bike for 169.99 dollars. The bike arrived may 14 and upon inspection I could not fit the front wheel to assemble the bike. Took the bike to a reputable bike shop and was informed that the front fork was bent at the factory. As I had the Zike manual I called Zike and sent 5 emails to customer service. In time I was able to contact a technical support individual who told me they DID not sell the bikes to Woot and that they would not provide any support. He stated they were investigating how Woot purchased the bikes. I was also told I could buy the part from Zike if I wanted.

Sent Woot 8 or 9 emails as there is not number to call. Several days later Woot responded with a 25 dollar credit offer or an rma to return the product. I noted the ost of the bike shop over $75 dollars plus the cost from Zike $50 plus shipping should be reimbursed. I am still waiting for the rma which I would hope is prepaid. The experience has been horrid. Woot should be sued for cheating customers and not responding. Amazon should be ashamed of their association with Woot as Woot is a not a reputable business. I have been cheated by Woot.

Order Date: Feb 21, 2013. ViraTech patented cartridge design removes odors and kills greater than 99% of airborne bacteria without the risks associated with handling and discarding contaminated or infectious filters." Above is a verbatim copy of the features section for the ViraTech UV-400 Advanced Filterless Air Purification System I purchased last year. Note, though it doesn't matter in this case, it has a 2 year warranty. Today, I contacted the manufacturer, RXair, they purchased Viratech, and was told, that this was a fabrication, and that Viratech NEVER claimed the filter didn't need to be changed. In fact it does, and the filter (Called a cartridge) should be changed every so many thousands of hours, not to mention the skill required to disassemble the entire machine. It took me 5 entire hours to figure out how to take it apart, and put it back together. I demanded, because of the mistake in the posting of said erroneous information, that of which enticed me to buy it, that they refund my money. They made a series of spurious arguments, one of which said, "it's a cartridge not a filter", even though they say "You will never have to get your hands dirty, or handle contaminated, filthy filters again.

Yes buyer beware!!! Double charged my account for a $700 computer and refused to resolve the problem. Was left holding a bag of crap because of their mistake. They claim it was a security check. But their version of this "check" is to remove $700 from my account. Then deny the sale, which in turn generated a second sale and the removal of another $700 from my account. It took 6 days for their refund of the first $700 to get back to my account. So... if the first sale was denied because of security issues, why did they take my money?. And if there was a security issue why did the second sale go through? Needless to say I had a couple bills coming out the same week which cause my account to be short. This in turn generated fees. All this because Woot was protecting me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

Expert Review

Erin HuffstetlerDeal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.    More about Erin→

This quirky site started out offering one deal a day, but has since grown to offer one deal a day across a variety of categories.

What consumers say

Not much. Perhaps the site has not grown enough to attract a steady stream of reviews.

• Free shipping: Order any item on the site, and it ships free.
  • One-day shipping available: Orders must be placed by 11 a.m. central, and a $5 fee applies.
  • Can store payment and shipping info: Since deals go quickly, Woot allows you to store your credit card and shipping information. Just log in and use the feature to check out faster.
  • Customer service: All customer service questions must be submitted via email or taken to the forums.
  • Returns are discouraged: They will accept returns on defective merchandise, but encourage you to deal directly with the manufacturer instead.
  • Best for Bargain shoppers