Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.81/5

43 Woot Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 29, 2019

I ordered two Xiaomi Electric Scooters ($700+) online at Woot two weeks ago, and have still not received my product. I received an email that the "battery labels" were misprinted, further delaying our shipment. Upon calling the manufacturer of this product - I learned that Woot is NOT AN AUTHORIZED reseller of their product, and they source these products from China, so the Xiaomi warranty is NOT VALID like the product posting claimed, and the firmware is NOT SUPPORTED. When I tried to cancel my order, there is no number to call, and no-one to speak with, and my order was not cancelled. I will be writing a letter to the CEO, Matt Rutledge, to inform him of this scam and attempt to get my money back. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I ordered a Apple MacBook Air and received a used ACER laptop in horrible condition. I wish I had read all of the reviews about others who had the same experience before I ordered! You cannot call them and they do not return emails. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Advertised Open Box sale for Lenovo X1 Tablet, I received it in a generic box and it had more wear than you would expect for "open box". I registered it through Lenovo and was able to verify the tablet was made in 2016 and sold in 2017. So they sold me a 2-year-old used tablet as open box rather than used, so it really wasn't a deal at all because I could have gotten a similar used item on eBay for less. I notified Woot and they gave me a $10 credit toward a future purchase that won't happen.

Original review: May 5, 2019

The Woot website has absolutely the worst log-on process ever designed. It is not at all helpful or easy to use. Avoid joining and wasting your time. This site is clearly NOT INTERESTED in serving customers. Three attempts and different identities were created by this user resulted in no success at joining the site. Why make it so impossible for us? Very very dissatisfied and will be telling everyone I encounter to avoid the site at every option. Shame on your designers, Woot.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I purchased a refurbished MacBook for $660 and I was delivered an old HP 600 mini desktop worth $150 with 1/2 the charging cord. Woot! Offered to refund me $135 if I wanted to keep the desktop or a full refund. I am waiting on the refund. I have purchased other small items- a blender and garden seeds - without problems. Sending something that is obviously not a laptop??!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

Original review: April 22, 2019

I ordered a monitor arm April 6. I checked on the order after a week and it showed a delivery date of April 22. I checked weekly as I have not received any tracking email. I finally called April 22 and was told that the order was somehow cancelled. No cancellation email was ever sent, the site was never updated and worst, no refund was issued. They basically held on to my money since April 6. Not until I called did initiated a refund.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Purchased a refurbished Fire tablet on 3/23/2019. Received the item 10 days later. The tablet stayed in a constant reboot when powered on. Emailed customer service and they promised a full refund. When I asked how they’d refund, they said my account would be credited. They denied that I paid with my bank card (which was how I paid... I even confirmed this on their website). When I asked how I would receive my refund, I got no answer. Basically, they were stealing from me. I’ve been a customer for over 8 years and have made many purchases from them in the past without a problem. This company has changed recently and can’t be trusted. I had to call my bank to dispute the charge in order to get my money back. They had no intention of giving back my money.

Resolution response: March 23, 2019

After applying much pressure, on various platforms, on Woot for shipping the wrong product to my sister, they issued a full refund. I am now happy. As a result, I am now giving them an average, 3 star rating. Thank you for your help!

Original review: March 21, 2019

On 11-10-18 I ordered a Tiki Fire Sculpture - the 25-inch Huntington Metal Patio Torch, to be shipped to my sister across the country in Utah. I got 3 emails from WOOT! confirming the order, of the order being shipped and subsequent delivery, all with a picture of the correct item. As it turned out, that was NOT what she got. I only travel to see my sister and mom once a year in March. That is when I discovered, to my utter dismay, that she got an ugly wicker torch THING in its place. I never got any notice of the ordered item being out of stock, and never told them to ship her whatever they wanted! Now, it's too late to return. WOOT! will not make amends. They got my money and my sister thinks I have lousy taste. I wish I could attach photos so you can see how badly they screwed up.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Do yourself a favor, never buy anything from Woot. Example: ordered 4 shirts on 2/7/2019. Rec'd message days later would arrive by the end of the month! Called customer service and was told the order could not be canceled as it had been shipped. 4 days later got a notice it was shipped. Checked with the carrier 2 days later, package has yet to be received. Called Woot, system down. Received another email. Product will ship in several days. Unbelievable!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased a refurbished iPad 6 in October and was delivered within 10 days. After about a month the charger wouldn't work, I called them and they said I could return the iPad with charger for complete refund or purchase my own charger and they would give me credit. I purchased the charger and received a 45.00 credit on my account. Three months later it started happening again, so I wrote to them saying I think it was the iPad itself and would like to return. They sent me a return label and within 4 days I had a complete refund to my account... No problems. As I am leery about purchasing another refurbished iPad but I have had nothing but a positive experience with Woot plus they gave me a $10 credit to use for a future purchase.

Woot expert review by Erin Huffstetler

This quirky site started out offering one deal a day but has since grown to offer one deal a day across a variety of categories.

• Free shipping: Order any item on the site, and it ships free.

• One-day shipping available: Orders must be placed by 11 a.m. central, and a $5 fee applies.

• Can store payment and shipping info: Since deals go quickly, Woot allows you to store your credit card and shipping information. Just log in and use the feature to check out faster.

• Customer service: All customer service questions must be submitted via email or taken to the forums.

• Returns are discouraged: They will accept returns on defective merchandise, but encourage you to deal directly with the manufacturer instead.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Woot Company Information