Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.44/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Woot Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Woot almost feels like a scam. I can't believe that it's an Amazon company. Amazon's customer experience has been like HEAVEN compared to the HELL that Woot is. Let me tell you what happened in FULL DETAIL. I made my very first order on Woot on 10/30/2019. I was overseas on a trip and totally forgot what I ordered, but I figured since Woot is part of Amazon, I thought the operation would be just as streamlined and matched with the great quality of experience that Amazon shopping usually provides 99% of the time. They got the other 3 items in the same order right, including a 3-piece order of athletic shorts, a Bluetooth receiver for the car, and a pair of Nike Running shoes, but these are the remaining items of concern:

"Mens Slim-Fit Fleece Moto Joggers & Zip-Up Hoodie" Sold by Woot. Gender: Male. Color: Black. Condition: New. Size: Large. Quantity: 1 @ $26.99 - 70% off list price $89.95. (The problem: I received ONLY the Zip-Up Hoodie and NOT the Moto Joggers. They are missing completely.) "Men's Slim-Fit Tech Fleece Hoodie & Jogger" Sold by Woot. Gender: Male. Color: Black Set. Condition: New. Size: Large. Quantity:1 @ $29.99 - 80% off list price $149.99. (The problem: Instead of a set in Black, I received a set in Heather Grey. Wrong color.) "Anker Powerline Plus Lightning Cable" Sold by Woot. Color: Golden. Condition: New.

Size: 6'. Quantity: 2 @ $11.33 - 37% off list price $17.99. (The problem: Instead of getting a 2nd cable (I ordered 2), somebody packed a very USELESS USB 2.0 TYPE-B MINI cable instead.

So what did I learn from this one order? There is a SERIOUS problem in the orders/packing department. I didn't get what I paid for and I wonder if others are experiencing the same thing. It's ENTIRELY inconvenient to go out of our way to drop off something that we shouldn't have received in the first place. They might be paying for return shipping, but it still costs valuable time and gas to drive to a returns location. Let's be honest.

Considering the amount of errors in this order... I'm beginning to think Woot is either sketchy, extremely untrustworthy, and entirely inconsistent OR it's been POORLY run by incompetent staff, possibly from top to bottom. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I honestly wonder what Amazon has to say about this consistently sketchy business that they have decided to make one of their own companies. It's undeserving of having any ties with Amazon, but sadly it is. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASES from Woot. You will either get the wrong thing or not everything you paid for. Imagine ordering at a restaurant and getting only a little more than half your food and even what you got isn't entirely correct. That's what Woot is.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I ordered a UE Megaboom Speaker from Woot, thinking that since they are owned by Amazon, it would be a legit business. Nothing could be further from reality. They don't actually have the products they list for sale. But are in fact the middle man. They outsource your order, which is why it takes so long to get your order. What is the point in offering a 2 hour window to cancel an order when it takes 3-6 business days to process for shipping, then additional 4-8 business days for shipping. Not sure if they feel like the wording of their website is cute. It seems like smart aleck responses to me. Thinking since it's Amazon owned, but seems to run the opposite ideas of customer service, as they have none. Buyer Be Warned.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I just received the refurbished iPad Pro that I ordered. The deal was too good to pass up. However I regret ordering this product through Woot. Make sure you read the fine print. If it is a refurbished product, the refurbishment is done by a 3rd party and Woot will not send you a proper charging brick. The charging cable that I received was a charger for a phone. The other major problem I had with the product I received is that the box had already been opened! Not the package it arrived in but the actual box the product was in.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I purchased a new Moka pot (Bialetti) through them. It was my first purchase, I had just signed up with them a few weeks ago. Woot said my order was processed. Days later I get a curt email saying that the item is unavailable & my account would be credited. They didn't even offer a coupon or something for my trouble. Now I have to watch my CC statement to make sure they don't try anything funny.

This is why I stopped using eBay: they offer an item, you purchase - hand over all your personal info & credit card numbers etc - and then lo & behold you get a message days or weeks later that whoops, they don't have the item they sold you & processed your charge card for. Sorry, this seems very sketchy. The idea that an Amazon company doesn't have real-time inventory is preposterous. I mean, is my credit info secure with these goofballs? So caveat emptor & steer clear, is my advice. They don't have what they offer & they're getting all your info from you & the people you are *trusting* to keep that info secure don't even have the snap to handle real time inventory? This site is obviously a waste of time. I'm telling them to delete all my info & sayonara.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I purchased 3 of Pacific Coast Textiles 6-Piece 100% Turkish Cotton 700GSM Towel Sets. I received, a different brand, Indian made, Inferior quality, and smaller size than indicated towel sets. They were totally cheap, thin and small towel sets, sold as high quality and large towel set.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

They say a part of Amazon, if that's the case how come have to put so much info and sign up for Woot? I tried ordering Firesticks, if go to Amazon not listed at that price. Says shopping through Amazon. After reading reviews I know to steer clear of Woot.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I purchased Saucony running shoes from Woot. They were listed with a suggested MSRP of $160 discounted to $69. When the shoes arrived it was clear from their construction they were not of the same quality construction of the other Saucony shoes I've purchased. The soles are thin and there's very little padding. Plus, the shoes are uncomfortable. I've gone to the Woot website to fill out the return forms. I filled out the first page of the return form and that's all I've been able to do. The website continues to tell me to select a product for return. I've done that over and over again. I've refreshed the web page and still get the same response. Even more frustrating is the Woot customer service hasn't responded to my requests for help. I RECOMMEND YOU AVOID WOOT.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I ordered two Xiaomi Electric Scooters ($700+) online at Woot two weeks ago, and have still not received my product. I received an email that the "battery labels" were misprinted, further delaying our shipment. Upon calling the manufacturer of this product - I learned that Woot is NOT AN AUTHORIZED reseller of their product, and they source these products from China, so the Xiaomi warranty is NOT VALID like the product posting claimed, and the firmware is NOT SUPPORTED. When I tried to cancel my order, there is no number to call, and no-one to speak with, and my order was not cancelled. I will be writing a letter to the CEO, Matt Rutledge, to inform him of this scam and attempt to get my money back. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I ordered a Apple MacBook Air and received a used ACER laptop in horrible condition. I wish I had read all of the reviews about others who had the same experience before I ordered! You cannot call them and they do not return emails. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Original review: May 11, 2019

Advertised Open Box sale for Lenovo X1 Tablet, I received it in a generic box and it had more wear than you would expect for "open box". I registered it through Lenovo and was able to verify the tablet was made in 2016 and sold in 2017. So they sold me a 2-year-old used tablet as open box rather than used, so it really wasn't a deal at all because I could have gotten a similar used item on eBay for less. I notified Woot and they gave me a $10 credit toward a future purchase that won't happen.

Woot expert review by Erin Huffstetler

This quirky site started out offering one deal a day but has since grown to offer one deal a day across a variety of categories.

• Free shipping: Order any item on the site, and it ships free.

• One-day shipping available: Orders must be placed by 11 a.m. central, and a $5 fee applies.

• Can store payment and shipping info: Since deals go quickly, Woot allows you to store your credit card and shipping information. Just log in and use the feature to check out faster.

• Customer service: All customer service questions must be submitted via email or taken to the forums.

• Returns are discouraged: They will accept returns on defective merchandise, but encourage you to deal directly with the manufacturer instead.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Woot Company Information