3.57/5

38 Woot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 2, 2017

It is difficult to find coupons that are for the products that I use most often. There are too many things to look through. There are certain types of coupons and promos that I look for and sometimes their deals are good and sometimes not. I have to search a long time and sometimes the amount of savings is not worth the time spent. Nevertheless, sometimes they have coupons for items that I use a lot and they do have coupons for national brand items too. And, I like the way they are displayed on the screen.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

This is the best site as far as purchasing. I recommend this website to anyone looking to get reasonable items and it is easy to find everything that I am looking for without confusion. Also, sometimes the order will be sent with free shipping. I am always looking for a bargain and that is why this website is highly appreciated and when I am satisfied with their service I will continue to use it. It is easy to navigate. I don't have to go to many pages to acquire what I am searching for. I love to find all kinds of deals which saves me plenty of money. Have to search intentionally, type in what I am looking for without wasting time getting information I don't need. I love everything that the website has to offer. Also, they have many contacts if there is a problem.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I usually look when friends in Facebook or twitter have post a deal or item on Facebook - I don't typically view Woot by my own searches, as it's just not a site I typically think about. But I like this website because of the wild, fun and interesting things it provides - there's a different deal every day, always an interesting find, out of the ordinary, maybe where you would go to find something for the person that has everything and updated often so you never know what you'll get. But sometimes items do not appeal to me - they are for people I might know in life, like the people that are hard to buy for - but I can't justify spending the money on things.

Original review: April 29, 2016

A friend turned me on to Woot. Yesterday I was perusing their site and found one of those items (electronics) I don't NEED, but couldn't live without. I was excited about my purchase!! Today I received an unannounced credit for my purchase from Woot. No explanation, just a credit. My excitement turned to dismay. I later received an email stating they were 'unable to fulfill order' and they are “Sorry we were unable to get you the item that you ordered.” Seriously who sells items they don't have?? I am very disappointed!! Won't be purchasing ANYTHING from them again!! Buyer BEWARE. Woot is selling items and are unable to fulfill orders!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

If you purchase wine from Woot, disregard the posted delivery time of "shipping in 5-7 business days" because it is not true. Here is a quote from Woot Customer Service: "Most orders placed on Wine.Woot (even items that aren't wine) can take up to 2-3 weeks to be delivered. Since orders are placed directly with the winery, Wine.Woot orders take longer to process and ship out than the typical 5 business days we estimate for other merchandise." Do not bother to pay extra for "Expedite Shipping". It is a waste of money. Woot is not really funny when it comes to solid business practices, such as engaging in illegally charging for items before they even ship.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

Original review: June 2, 2015

Purchased on May 9, 2015 among other product a Zike bike for 169.99 dollars. The bike arrived may 14 and upon inspection I could not fit the front wheel to assemble the bike. Took the bike to a reputable bike shop and was informed that the front fork was bent at the factory. As I had the Zike manual I called Zike and sent 5 emails to customer service. In time I was able to contact a technical support individual who told me they DID not sell the bikes to Woot and that they would not provide any support. He stated they were investigating how Woot purchased the bikes. I was also told I could buy the part from Zike if I wanted.

Sent Woot 8 or 9 emails as there is not number to call. Several days later Woot responded with a 25 dollar credit offer or an rma to return the product. I noted the ost of the bike shop over $75 dollars plus the cost from Zike $50 plus shipping should be reimbursed. I am still waiting for the rma which I would hope is prepaid. The experience has been horrid. Woot should be sued for cheating customers and not responding. Amazon should be ashamed of their association with Woot as Woot is a not a reputable business. I have been cheated by Woot.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

Order Date: Feb 21, 2013. ViraTech patented cartridge design removes odors and kills greater than 99% of airborne bacteria without the risks associated with handling and discarding contaminated or infectious filters." Above is a verbatim copy of the features section for the ViraTech UV-400 Advanced Filterless Air Purification System I purchased last year. Note, though it doesn't matter in this case, it has a 2 year warranty. Today, I contacted the manufacturer, RXair, they purchased Viratech, and was told, that this was a fabrication, and that Viratech NEVER claimed the filter didn't need to be changed. In fact it does, and the filter (Called a cartridge) should be changed every so many thousands of hours, not to mention the skill required to disassemble the entire machine. It took me 5 entire hours to figure out how to take it apart, and put it back together. I demanded, because of the mistake in the posting of said erroneous information, that of which enticed me to buy it, that they refund my money. They made a series of spurious arguments, one of which said, "it's a cartridge not a filter", even though they say "You will never have to get your hands dirty, or handle contaminated, filthy filters again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

Yes buyer beware!!! Double charged my account for a $700 computer and refused to resolve the problem. Was left holding a bag of crap because of their mistake. They claim it was a security check. But their version of this "check" is to remove $700 from my account. Then deny the sale, which in turn generated a second sale and the removal of another $700 from my account. It took 6 days for their refund of the first $700 to get back to my account. So... if the first sale was denied because of security issues, why did they take my money?. And if there was a security issue why did the second sale go through? Needless to say I had a couple bills coming out the same week which cause my account to be short. This in turn generated fees. All this because Woot was protecting me.

Woot Company Information