3.8/5 (163 ratings)

About Woot

Woot is an online retailer that offers one deal per category every day. Its categories include home and kitchen, computers, tools and garden, sports, outdoors and shirts. The site has optional one-day shipping, but free delivery is available for Amazon Prime members.

Pros

• Fun and casual branding
  • Chat forums and member benefits
  • Discounted prices on name brands

Cons

• Some items run out quickly
  • Deals only last 24 hours

Bottom Line

Woot is an independent subsidy of Amazon that offers a wide selection of home goods, electronics and other items for discounted rates. Amazon Prime members get free shipping.

Woot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I bought an iphone 7 which stopped working outside of the 30 days return window due to a known issue: https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service. Apple will not honor the repair since the "refurbished" phone's original sale date is older than 4 years. This makes their "long-lived" phone as useless as a cell phone as Woot is as a service. I will never use woot again, since it is obviously a scam to unload defective equipment.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Received item damaged by shipper. Initiated a return immediately. Their return policy states an item can be returned within 30 days. They will not supply me with a return shipping label to cover cost. I have sent them pictures of the damages. I have called their customer service and spoke with a rep. As soon as I give them the order number they tell me it's an Amazon order number and even though they are owned by Amazon they can't help me with a shipping label. Catch 22. Stay away from Woot.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

On December 1, 2020, I purchased Sunjoy A601006600 Audrey 60-Quart Rolling Cooler Cart, Black for my granddaughter for Christmas. When we opened the box today it wasn't what I ordered. It is a blue canvas wagon which I don't believe is worth what I paid. I'm seriously upset over this. I feel like I got ripped off. After all this was a Christmas present and it was embarrassing! Was this a bait and switch item. This is so wrong! The offer of $10.00 was a slap in the face!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I ordered a couple of T-shirts that were small. I reached out to Woot and they responded very quickly. I order everything online and I have dealt with many different companies. I rate Woot customer service as one of the best.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

In April of this year, Comcast started working in my neighborhood to bring high-speed Internet services. Woot advertised a great piece of equipment - a Netgear AC1900 Cable Modem/Router and said that it would work on the Comcast network, so I bought it. For some reason, Comcast stopped their work and in the last week of November, I was finally ready to install my modem/router. Comcast would not allow it to be used on their network because the MAC address was already active on another account.

Since I had the equipment, I figured that there was no way this could be right, so I went to the Comcast store nearest my house. The Manager actually looked up the account information and called the customer and the MAC address that is written on my equipment is the same as what the customer had. My box is a counterfeit! The same thing happened with a neighbor who did the same thing that I did. I suspect that Woot sold a bunch of counterfeit units.

Woot was sympathetic but said that they have a 30-day return period and since I was well beyond that, there was nothing that they could do. In this case, if I had been able to install the box as soon as I received it, it would not have worked. I asked if instead of giving me a refund, they could give me a credit on a future purchase but they declined. I'm very disappointed in the lack of Customer Service and want to warn others about getting refurbished products that connect to a computer network. Since Woot is an Amazon-owned company, they could certainly learn about customer service from their parent company!

Original review: March 6, 2020

This is now the third or fourth time I've had to contact customer service for a refund of a product that was shipped broken, defective, or incorrectly. Enough is enough. I suggest steering clear of this company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I purchased this item for my camping gear. It pop up instantly, getting it back down was a nightmare. The included instructions for refolding it are ridiculous, poorly described, impossible to get back in carrying case for over 1/2 hour. Had to go to Youtube, 2 different videos to find the correct one. Almost threw in the trash until finally found a video that folded it in two moves. Why can't instructions that come with the item do this? And there was NOWHERE on Woot site, nor in the FAQ section, that allowed me to review this product so I am doing it here.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I purchase online a Cuisinart Amana lies cast iron Dutch oven. 2 minutes and I mean literally 2 minutes after I ordered it I saw that it came in a color that I liked better. I attempted to call but was not able to get through at all they were closed. Their policy I had read somewhere stated that you can cancel any order within 2 hours. Since I was only 2 minutes I should have been able to cancel. And I actually didn't want to cancel it I just wanted to change colors. Therefore I wrote an email know that I would not get a response within 2 hours.

I still hoped that they would be fair and they could see that my email was sent only three minutes after purchasing the pan. They emailed me back and said, "Oh sorry it's after 2 the two hours. You are not able to change anything about this product." And they just absolutely would not work with me under no circumstances. This is my very first experience with Woot and it will be my last! And I will spread the word about Woot's false return policy.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

My item was supposed to be delivered on Monday. It is now Friday and still no item. Customer Service told me it would be delivered to my business during normal business hours. But 2 days in a row the USPS (which is terrible) has tried to deliver after 7 pm. You cannot get a live CS agent for Woot on the phone or get a live CS for USPS on the phone. So buyer beware! Delivery is at your own risk and good luck if you have a problem. You are 100% on your own. This will be my last Woot Order.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I've been charged 1000 dollars by Woot and have no idea who they are. I've emailed multiple times to try and find out what is going on. I've had no response and they have no phone number listed. The whole thing seems fishy to me and I'm confused why Amazon would be associated with a clown show like this.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I ordered a Sony HDTV from Woot on Amazon. After waiting 10 days they told me to wait 3 more. Waited the 3. Contact WOOT again only for them to say they would refund my money 8-10 business days. I said, "Why not send another one with 2 day delivery?" No response. I then repeatedly had to request my refund which I still have not received! I will never purchase from them again. Interesting enough I contacted AMAZON who said this was a 3rd party and that AMAZON had no control over their policy. I later learned AMAZON owns WOOT which now makes sense why the would not post my review. Check WOOT reviews on AMAZON. You will see only positive or no reviews. I’m very upset with both of them. Lesson learned.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I purchase a cast iron skillet set through Amazon 12 days of Deals (Christmas) for a great price. The product never came. No one could explain why it didn't arrive. First I contacted AMAZON after waiting their required time for a replacement order, was told that my money could be refunded and not replaced and to contact the company. I contacted WOOT. They would not resend the product stating that they CLAIMED I refused to accept, mind you, the whole time I am receiving tracking notifications stating the delivery is late, then stating allow two more days, then stating delivery is lost. What a joke!! I asked for a replacement order to have it resent and WOOT would not honor the price I had paid for a reorder and their price had doubled. Very Poor customer service. Getting a refund (hopefully) and buying product from another company. I heard LODGE makes a much BETTER product in cast iron skillets anyway!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Woot almost feels like a scam. I can't believe that it's an Amazon company. Amazon's customer experience has been like HEAVEN compared to the HELL that Woot is. Let me tell you what happened in FULL DETAIL. I made my very first order on Woot on 10/30/2019. I was overseas on a trip and totally forgot what I ordered, but I figured since Woot is part of Amazon, I thought the operation would be just as streamlined and matched with the great quality of experience that Amazon shopping usually provides 99% of the time. They got the other 3 items in the same order right, including a 3-piece order of athletic shorts, a Bluetooth receiver for the car, and a pair of Nike Running shoes, but these are the remaining items of concern:

"Mens Slim-Fit Fleece Moto Joggers & Zip-Up Hoodie" Sold by Woot. Gender: Male. Color: Black. Condition: New. Size: Large. Quantity: 1 @ $26.99 - 70% off list price $89.95. (The problem: I received ONLY the Zip-Up Hoodie and NOT the Moto Joggers. They are missing completely.) "Men's Slim-Fit Tech Fleece Hoodie & Jogger" Sold by Woot. Gender: Male. Color: Black Set. Condition: New. Size: Large. Quantity:1 @ $29.99 - 80% off list price $149.99. (The problem: Instead of a set in Black, I received a set in Heather Grey. Wrong color.) "Anker Powerline Plus Lightning Cable" Sold by Woot. Color: Golden. Condition: New.

Size: 6'. Quantity: 2 @ $11.33 - 37% off list price $17.99. (The problem: Instead of getting a 2nd cable (I ordered 2), somebody packed a very USELESS USB 2.0 TYPE-B MINI cable instead.

So what did I learn from this one order? There is a SERIOUS problem in the orders/packing department. I didn't get what I paid for and I wonder if others are experiencing the same thing. It's ENTIRELY inconvenient to go out of our way to drop off something that we shouldn't have received in the first place. They might be paying for return shipping, but it still costs valuable time and gas to drive to a returns location. Let's be honest.

Considering the amount of errors in this order... I'm beginning to think Woot is either sketchy, extremely untrustworthy, and entirely inconsistent OR it's been POORLY run by incompetent staff, possibly from top to bottom. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I honestly wonder what Amazon has to say about this consistently sketchy business that they have decided to make one of their own companies. It's undeserving of having any ties with Amazon, but sadly it is. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASES from Woot. You will either get the wrong thing or not everything you paid for. Imagine ordering at a restaurant and getting only a little more than half your food and even what you got isn't entirely correct. That's what Woot is.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I ordered a UE Megaboom Speaker from Woot, thinking that since they are owned by Amazon, it would be a legit business. Nothing could be further from reality. They don't actually have the products they list for sale. But are in fact the middle man. They outsource your order, which is why it takes so long to get your order. What is the point in offering a 2 hour window to cancel an order when it takes 3-6 business days to process for shipping, then additional 4-8 business days for shipping. Not sure if they feel like the wording of their website is cute. It seems like smart aleck responses to me. Thinking since it's Amazon owned, but seems to run the opposite ideas of customer service, as they have none. Buyer Be Warned.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I just received the refurbished iPad Pro that I ordered. The deal was too good to pass up. However I regret ordering this product through Woot. Make sure you read the fine print. If it is a refurbished product, the refurbishment is done by a 3rd party and Woot will not send you a proper charging brick. The charging cable that I received was a charger for a phone. The other major problem I had with the product I received is that the box had already been opened! Not the package it arrived in but the actual box the product was in.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I purchased a new Moka pot (Bialetti) through them. It was my first purchase, I had just signed up with them a few weeks ago. Woot said my order was processed. Days later I get a curt email saying that the item is unavailable & my account would be credited. They didn't even offer a coupon or something for my trouble. Now I have to watch my CC statement to make sure they don't try anything funny.

This is why I stopped using eBay: they offer an item, you purchase - hand over all your personal info & credit card numbers etc - and then lo & behold you get a message days or weeks later that whoops, they don't have the item they sold you & processed your charge card for. Sorry, this seems very sketchy. The idea that an Amazon company doesn't have real-time inventory is preposterous. I mean, is my credit info secure with these goofballs? So caveat emptor & steer clear, is my advice. They don't have what they offer & they're getting all your info from you & the people you are *trusting* to keep that info secure don't even have the snap to handle real time inventory? This site is obviously a waste of time. I'm telling them to delete all my info & sayonara.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I purchased 3 of Pacific Coast Textiles 6-Piece 100% Turkish Cotton 700GSM Towel Sets. I received, a different brand, Indian made, Inferior quality, and smaller size than indicated towel sets. They were totally cheap, thin and small towel sets, sold as high quality and large towel set.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

They say a part of Amazon, if that's the case how come have to put so much info and sign up for Woot? I tried ordering Firesticks, if go to Amazon not listed at that price. Says shopping through Amazon. After reading reviews I know to steer clear of Woot.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I purchased Saucony running shoes from Woot. They were listed with a suggested MSRP of $160 discounted to $69. When the shoes arrived it was clear from their construction they were not of the same quality construction of the other Saucony shoes I've purchased. The soles are thin and there's very little padding. Plus, the shoes are uncomfortable. I've gone to the Woot website to fill out the return forms. I filled out the first page of the return form and that's all I've been able to do. The website continues to tell me to select a product for return. I've done that over and over again. I've refreshed the web page and still get the same response. Even more frustrating is the Woot customer service hasn't responded to my requests for help. I RECOMMEND YOU AVOID WOOT.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I ordered two Xiaomi Electric Scooters ($700+) online at Woot two weeks ago, and have still not received my product. I received an email that the "battery labels" were misprinted, further delaying our shipment. Upon calling the manufacturer of this product - I learned that Woot is NOT AN AUTHORIZED reseller of their product, and they source these products from China, so the Xiaomi warranty is NOT VALID like the product posting claimed, and the firmware is NOT SUPPORTED. When I tried to cancel my order, there is no number to call, and no-one to speak with, and my order was not cancelled. I will be writing a letter to the CEO, Matt Rutledge, to inform him of this scam and attempt to get my money back. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I ordered a Apple MacBook Air and received a used ACER laptop in horrible condition. I wish I had read all of the reviews about others who had the same experience before I ordered! You cannot call them and they do not return emails. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Original review: May 11, 2019

Advertised Open Box sale for Lenovo X1 Tablet, I received it in a generic box and it had more wear than you would expect for "open box". I registered it through Lenovo and was able to verify the tablet was made in 2016 and sold in 2017. So they sold me a 2-year-old used tablet as open box rather than used, so it really wasn't a deal at all because I could have gotten a similar used item on eBay for less. I notified Woot and they gave me a $10 credit toward a future purchase that won't happen.

Original review: May 5, 2019

The Woot website has absolutely the worst log-on process ever designed. It is not at all helpful or easy to use. Avoid joining and wasting your time. This site is clearly NOT INTERESTED in serving customers. Three attempts and different identities were created by this user resulted in no success at joining the site. Why make it so impossible for us? Very very dissatisfied and will be telling everyone I encounter to avoid the site at every option. Shame on your designers, Woot.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I purchased a refurbished MacBook for $660 and I was delivered an old HP 600 mini desktop worth $150 with 1/2 the charging cord. Woot! Offered to refund me $135 if I wanted to keep the desktop or a full refund. I am waiting on the refund. I have purchased other small items- a blender and garden seeds - without problems. Sending something that is obviously not a laptop??!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I ordered a monitor arm April 6. I checked on the order after a week and it showed a delivery date of April 22. I checked weekly as I have not received any tracking email. I finally called April 22 and was told that the order was somehow cancelled. No cancellation email was ever sent, the site was never updated and worst, no refund was issued. They basically held on to my money since April 6. Not until I called did initiated a refund.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Purchased a refurbished Fire tablet on 3/23/2019. Received the item 10 days later. The tablet stayed in a constant reboot when powered on. Emailed customer service and they promised a full refund. When I asked how they’d refund, they said my account would be credited. They denied that I paid with my bank card (which was how I paid... I even confirmed this on their website). When I asked how I would receive my refund, I got no answer. Basically, they were stealing from me. I’ve been a customer for over 8 years and have made many purchases from them in the past without a problem. This company has changed recently and can’t be trusted. I had to call my bank to dispute the charge in order to get my money back. They had no intention of giving back my money.

Resolution response: March 23, 2019

After applying much pressure, on various platforms, on Woot for shipping the wrong product to my sister, they issued a full refund. I am now happy. As a result, I am now giving them an average, 3 star rating. Thank you for your help!

Original review: March 21, 2019

On 11-10-18 I ordered a Tiki Fire Sculpture - the 25-inch Huntington Metal Patio Torch, to be shipped to my sister across the country in Utah. I got 3 emails from WOOT! confirming the order, of the order being shipped and subsequent delivery, all with a picture of the correct item. As it turned out, that was NOT what she got. I only travel to see my sister and mom once a year in March. That is when I discovered, to my utter dismay, that she got an ugly wicker torch THING in its place. I never got any notice of the ordered item being out of stock, and never told them to ship her whatever they wanted! Now, it's too late to return. WOOT! will not make amends. They got my money and my sister thinks I have lousy taste. I wish I could attach photos so you can see how badly they screwed up.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Do yourself a favor, never buy anything from Woot. Example: ordered 4 shirts on 2/7/2019. Rec'd message days later would arrive by the end of the month! Called customer service and was told the order could not be canceled as it had been shipped. 4 days later got a notice it was shipped. Checked with the carrier 2 days later, package has yet to be received. Called Woot, system down. Received another email. Product will ship in several days. Unbelievable!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased a refurbished iPad 6 in October and was delivered within 10 days. After about a month the charger wouldn't work, I called them and they said I could return the iPad with charger for complete refund or purchase my own charger and they would give me credit. I purchased the charger and received a 45.00 credit on my account. Three months later it started happening again, so I wrote to them saying I think it was the iPad itself and would like to return. They sent me a return label and within 4 days I had a complete refund to my account... No problems. As I am leery about purchasing another refurbished iPad but I have had nothing but a positive experience with Woot plus they gave me a $10 credit to use for a future purchase.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Purchased an "Apple iPhone 6+ (A1522), Scratch & Dent - (Verizon and GSM Unlocked)" on woot.com that was listed its condition as "REFURBISHED." Received the phone and activated it on Verizon only to find that the phone's cellular data will NOT work whatsoever. We spent over 2 hours on the phone with Verizon Tech Support that could NOT get the cellular data to work. Tech sent me to the local Verizon store. Went the next day and two of the local store reps could not get data to work, even when they inserted their own SIM card that worked fine on other iPhones. Total time we spent with Verizon techs was 3+ hours.

Woot refused to replace the defective phone that NEVER worked and only offered that I return the phone and that I would have to PAY for the shipping myself. Thus, I have to pay $26 with shipping & insurance to get a refund of the $267.49 I paid Woot for an iPhone they sold that was defective when they sold it. Is this FRAUD? The "90 Day Woot Limited Warranty" is WORTHLESS.

Woot Company Information