Woot

Woot Reviews

About Woot

Woot is an online retailer that offers one deal per category every day. Its categories include home and kitchen, computers, tools and garden, sports, outdoors and shirts. The site has optional one-day shipping, but free delivery is available for Amazon Prime members.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Fun and casual branding
  • Chat forums and member benefits
  • Discounted prices on name brands
Cons
  • Some items run out quickly
  • Deals only last 24 hours

Woot Reviews

Stars Rating

• 18%
  • 7%
  • 3%
  • 2%
  • 71%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woot?

Reviewed March 25, 2023

Woot sold me an 85 inch bricked TV. It powers up, it just doesn't work. So I called amazon within 6 hours of receiving the TV. Amazon sent me to Woot. Woot offered some cursory platitudes and asked me what they could do solve the problem. I asked what I should do. They walked me through a reset, which didn't work. "What should I do next," I asked. "What would you like to do," they asked. Since I'm not an electrical engineer or an IT person, I asked for a replacement TV and $350 as this is what the tv mounting contractor would charge to unmount this one and remount the replacement. Woot told me no on both counts. This took another 5 messages. It takes Woot 24 hours to respond to each message. So Woot wasted 5 days of my time.

They offered me a refund, and a pickup of the bricked TV. Woot's delivery company is named CEVA. CEVA called me from a number that registered as spam on my phone, and left me a voicemail. I immediately returned their call, no answer, voicemail. I left a voicemail. An hour later I tried again, no answer, voicemail. I left another voicemail. Zero response from CEVA to either of my two calls.

Next morning, Woot messaged me back saying CEVA is saying you aren't responding, please call them. I called the CEVA number Woot gave me. CEVA says they're closed, no live person, no voicemail option. Woot asked me to email CEVA, but doesn't give me an email. More time wasted. Because I made a bad decision to purchase from Woot, I have a non-working TV that I cannot return, a refund that I don't have, and I'm out $350 for mounting and unmounting costs for the replacement TV that I got from Costco.

Do not purchase from Woot. They will waste your time, your money and cause you stress and anxiety. Read carefully who is going to be fulfilling your Amazon order before you purchase, Do not buy if Woot is listed as the fulfillment company. Just don't do it. Buy from a reputable retailer or directly from the manufacturer. I hope this information will save others from ever interacting with Woot, which I did accidentally, to my detriment.

Profile pic of the author.
    Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2023

I recently bought a Samsung Smartwatch Classic 46mm LTE from Woot. The watch was advertised as NEW. However, after using it for about a couple of months, I noticed that the watch’s battery performance was unacceptable; I had to recharge twice or three times a day. So I called Samsung Support. After checking the IMEI, I was informed that the watch does not qualify for the 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. When I contacted Woot Customer Support with this information, I was told that I would be provided with a replacement. I received this replacement today and decided to check it’s IMEI with Samsung. I was told that this replacement unit is also not covered under Samsung warranty because it also is not NEW but a refurbished unit.

I am amazed that Woot, an Amazon Company is practically involving itself in deceptive advertising. If a product is not new but refurbished, Woot should advertise it correctly instead of trying to sell a used product as new, allow the customer to make a decision as to the actual status of the product. A reputable company, which Amazon itself is should not allow their affiliated companies to indulge in deceptive advertising.

Staff

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2022

Ordered the following: Looks like the issue is this: I want to return the items I ordered. Nov 11, 2022, Order #**, Total: $24.99, Womens 2PK ASST Sherpa Zip Hoodie, Quantity: 1 @ $27.99. They shipped 2 Men's sweatshirts which don't fit the person I ordered them for since they were supposed to be women's. I tried to return after having only 5 days and they would not do the return. They screwed up by sending wrong products and will not correct correct their mistake. Returns with Amazon have never been a problem, but WOOT is a headache. The mistake was thinking that because they are part of Amazon you would get great customer service. Should change the name to Screwed. I won't be using this company again.

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2022

Bought a Shark vacuum. I had to contact them because it was a month after I paid for it and it never shipped. Got the vacuum and I used it four times then it broke. Very disappointing because it only has a 3 month warranty from Woot and because of the long shipping time. I bought it 3 and a half months ago. Like throwing money in the garbage.

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2022

I've been waiting for over 2 weeks for my item to ship to me. Then I receive a defective broken AC. When I request return, it takes days for me to receive the shipping label. When I call their support, nobody answers and call drops after 30 mins. Email reply is super slow expect 24 hours min. If it's part of Amazon, shame on them because amazon is super effective in shipping and return.

Customer ServicePriceOnline & App

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2022

I bought earbuds 2 days ago and Their website says I cannot return. There is a plastic USB port. Cheap item and not the real deal. What a waste of money down the drain! Customer service is an email they never return. No phone number affiliated.

Reviewed July 30, 2022

I ordered a air conditioner and I have waited 3 weeks when they said 1 week, then 2 weeks, and I replaced it. They took too long. I live in Florida and it is in July and I needed it! I replaced it after two weeks.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2022

I bought a firestick and you double charged me and don't want to refund my money and I have statement transactions to prove and you guys still won't return my money... Don't waste your time. They stealing money out of people's account no matter how small the charge they going to double charge you.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2021

Ordered a product and got an estimated delivery date. Although the delivery date was 2 weeks out, I was okay to wait. I waited 3 weeks with no updates from them. I did receive a tracking number immediately, but no movement occurred on the shipment. Contacted them and they said it never shipped out and they didn't have stock. An email would have been nice to update me that they are selling stuff they don't have. Waste of time, would never use again.

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2021

First of all, I am an Amazon top reviewer, and Woot! is an Amazon company. I ordered 4 shirts with an estimated delivery day of 16-18. I contact them on the 16th when they had not shipped them. It said their customer service would respond. They did, 4 days later, after the product shipped finally. They had not even shipped my item by the time it was supposed to be delivered, and there was literally nothing I could do about it. It is on my porch at home while I am out of town. Just find another place to order from. It isn't worth it. It is funny, after we thought brick and mortar would go away, I find myself doing all my shopping at those places now.

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2021

After reading the reviews on Consumer Affairs about this website I'm very worried about not receiving what I ordered, I should have read the reviews listed on Consumer affairs before I placed an order with the company, I probably won't receive the order, or the products I ordered are going to be worthless and cheap, I'm really not expecting the order to even arrive after reading the one star reviews, and there's a lot of them, but I think this is a scam company trying to milk people of their money, if I don't receive my order, or if the items are cheap and worthless, then I'll be writing a review about that, just wish I would have read the reviews first.

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2021

I tried to exchange my order after 5 hours of ordering it. Their customer service picked up the phone twice and didn't say a word and stayed on the line for a long time. I didn't want my money back I just wanted to buy something that cost a little bit more money and they wouldn't allow me to. So I emailed them with still no results in time but to tell me it was sent out. So the next day when I saw what I really wanted to buy up had already went up $25 higher.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2021

Didn't show up with proper cable and touch screen freezes on all programs and now that I have Apple pencil it lags and doesn't work on screen in places then might catch up or freeze. When I bought nothing was said about it being refurbished.

Reviewed July 2, 2021

1st I opened my iPad mini and was sent no power cord or plug which was stated in writing that it would be sent with it. 2nd all four corners were dented and tons of scratches all over the back. 3rd I ordered an iPad four mini that was stated it had Wi-Fi and cellular and when I went to add cellular data to it it had no cellular option

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 27, 2021

I purchased a drone from Woot. Half of the items was not included. One of the item was the cord to connect the battery to the battery charger. Therefore I am unable to charge the battery. Numerous other items were also missing from the package. I have sent messages on numerous occasions to Woot and Windsor Global Warranty and has been ignored on each occasion. This company with the total scam.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 3, 2021

What a scam Woot is now. I started using woot in 2006 way before Amazon owned it. It was great back then with actual deals. Now its just Amazon rejects with 0 customer service. You handle everything through email with someone overseas. You have to wait days for a response to find out they totally misunderstood the point of your email, only to have this go back and fourth with no resolution and no way to escalate to someone that will put some effort into the issue. This is where Woot and Amazon do not line up. I have never had an issue with an Amazon return.

That said, my reason for this review is that I purchased some Saucony shoes and returned them because the fit was defective in one of the shoes. I follow up on the return because I had not received a credit or communication after several weeks. They responded:

"Hello there,

I am sorry to hear about that.

Upon checking I see that you have returned a DVD set When Calls The Heart instead of Shoes.

We can send the return back to you if you wish to and help you with the new return label for you to return the shoes back to us.

Thank you for understanding and we appreciate your patience."

So.... Uh yeah. They have the shoes, I don't have anything to return. I suspect they will charge me to send the DVD set to me. Still waiting for confirmation on this. I figured I may as well get something out of this since the DVD set is worth way more than the shoes. LOL There is the possibility that the DVD set is empty. I suspect it's someone else's return that got mixed up with mine. Too bad there is no internal communication within Woot for them to figure that out.

Since I paid for it with Amazon prime I suspect I can go through Amazon to resolve it...not holding my breath though. I won't be using Woot again that's for sure. *smh

Reviewed March 21, 2021

The company sells merchandise with "international warranties" so the manufacturer will not warranty it. Beware. Without actually contacting the seller, it is impossible to know this from the Amazon listing. In my opinion, this is intentional. You might save a few dollars but you risk losing your entire purchase price after 30-90 days. Like MANY other customers the Sony (Sony!) headphones I purchased died shortly after the 90 day warranty expired. Neither Sony nor Woot would help. Way to go Sony. Way to go Amazon!

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2021

I bought an iphone 7 which stopped working outside of the 30 days return window due to a known issue: https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service. Apple will not honor the repair since the "refurbished" phone's original sale date is older than 4 years. This makes their "long-lived" phone as useless as a cell phone as Woot is as a service. I will never use woot again, since it is obviously a scam to unload defective equipment.

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2021

Received item damaged by shipper. Initiated a return immediately. Their return policy states an item can be returned within 30 days. They will not supply me with a return shipping label to cover cost. I have sent them pictures of the damages. I have called their customer service and spoke with a rep. As soon as I give them the order number they tell me it's an Amazon order number and even though they are owned by Amazon they can't help me with a shipping label. Catch 22. Stay away from Woot.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2020

On December 1, 2020, I purchased Sunjoy A601006600 Audrey 60-Quart Rolling Cooler Cart, Black for my granddaughter for Christmas. When we opened the box today it wasn't what I ordered. It is a blue canvas wagon which I don't believe is worth what I paid. I'm seriously upset over this. I feel like I got ripped off. After all this was a Christmas present and it was embarrassing! Was this a bait and switch item. This is so wrong! The offer of $10.00 was a slap in the face!!!

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2020

I ordered a couple of T-shirts that were small. I reached out to Woot and they responded very quickly. I order everything online and I have dealt with many different companies. I rate Woot customer service as one of the best.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2020

In April of this year, Comcast started working in my neighborhood to bring high-speed Internet services. Woot advertised a great piece of equipment - a Netgear AC1900 Cable Modem/Router and said that it would work on the Comcast network, so I bought it. For some reason, Comcast stopped their work and in the last week of November, I was finally ready to install my modem/router. Comcast would not allow it to be used on their network because the MAC address was already active on another account.

Since I had the equipment, I figured that there was no way this could be right, so I went to the Comcast store nearest my house. The Manager actually looked up the account information and called the customer and the MAC address that is written on my equipment is the same as what the customer had. My box is a counterfeit! The same thing happened with a neighbor who did the same thing that I did. I suspect that Woot sold a bunch of counterfeit units.

Woot was sympathetic but said that they have a 30-day return period and since I was well beyond that, there was nothing that they could do. In this case, if I had been able to install the box as soon as I received it, it would not have worked. I asked if instead of giving me a refund, they could give me a credit on a future purchase but they declined. I'm very disappointed in the lack of Customer Service and want to warn others about getting refurbished products that connect to a computer network. Since Woot is an Amazon-owned company, they could certainly learn about customer service from their parent company!

Reviewed March 6, 2020

This is now the third or fourth time I've had to contact customer service for a refund of a product that was shipped broken, defective, or incorrectly. Enough is enough. I suggest steering clear of this company.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2020

I purchased this item for my camping gear. It pop up instantly, getting it back down was a nightmare. The included instructions for refolding it are ridiculous, poorly described, impossible to get back in carrying case for over 1/2 hour. Had to go to Youtube, 2 different videos to find the correct one. Almost threw in the trash until finally found a video that folded it in two moves. Why can't instructions that come with the item do this? And there was NOWHERE on Woot site, nor in the FAQ section, that allowed me to review this product so I am doing it here.

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2020

I purchase online a Cuisinart Amana lies cast iron Dutch oven. 2 minutes and I mean literally 2 minutes after I ordered it I saw that it came in a color that I liked better. I attempted to call but was not able to get through at all they were closed. Their policy I had read somewhere stated that you can cancel any order within 2 hours. Since I was only 2 minutes I should have been able to cancel. And I actually didn't want to cancel it I just wanted to change colors. Therefore I wrote an email know that I would not get a response within 2 hours.

I still hoped that they would be fair and they could see that my email was sent only three minutes after purchasing the pan. They emailed me back and said, "Oh sorry it's after 2 the two hours. You are not able to change anything about this product." And they just absolutely would not work with me under no circumstances. This is my very first experience with Woot and it will be my last! And I will spread the word about Woot's false return policy.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2019

My item was supposed to be delivered on Monday. It is now Friday and still no item. Customer Service told me it would be delivered to my business during normal business hours. But 2 days in a row the USPS (which is terrible) has tried to deliver after 7 pm. You cannot get a live CS agent for Woot on the phone or get a live CS for USPS on the phone. So buyer beware! Delivery is at your own risk and good luck if you have a problem. You are 100% on your own. This will be my last Woot Order.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2019

I've been charged 1000 dollars by Woot and have no idea who they are. I've emailed multiple times to try and find out what is going on. I've had no response and they have no phone number listed. The whole thing seems fishy to me and I'm confused why Amazon would be associated with a clown show like this.

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2019

I ordered a Sony HDTV from Woot on Amazon. After waiting 10 days they told me to wait 3 more. Waited the 3. Contact WOOT again only for them to say they would refund my money 8-10 business days. I said, "Why not send another one with 2 day delivery?" No response. I then repeatedly had to request my refund which I still have not received! I will never purchase from them again. Interesting enough I contacted AMAZON who said this was a 3rd party and that AMAZON had no control over their policy. I later learned AMAZON owns WOOT which now makes sense why the would not post my review. Check WOOT reviews on AMAZON. You will see only positive or no reviews. I’m very upset with both of them. Lesson learned.

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2019

I purchase a cast iron skillet set through Amazon 12 days of Deals (Christmas) for a great price. The product never came. No one could explain why it didn't arrive. First I contacted AMAZON after waiting their required time for a replacement order, was told that my money could be refunded and not replaced and to contact the company. I contacted WOOT. They would not resend the product stating that they CLAIMED I refused to accept, mind you, the whole time I am receiving tracking notifications stating the delivery is late, then stating allow two more days, then stating delivery is lost. What a joke!! I asked for a replacement order to have it resent and WOOT would not honor the price I had paid for a reorder and their price had doubled. Very Poor customer service. Getting a refund (hopefully) and buying product from another company. I heard LODGE makes a much BETTER product in cast iron skillets anyway!!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2019

Woot almost feels like a scam. I can't believe that it's an Amazon company. Amazon's customer experience has been like HEAVEN compared to the HELL that Woot is. Let me tell you what happened in FULL DETAIL. I made my very first order on Woot on 10/30/2019. I was overseas on a trip and totally forgot what I ordered, but I figured since Woot is part of Amazon, I thought the operation would be just as streamlined and matched with the great quality of experience that Amazon shopping usually provides 99% of the time. They got the other 3 items in the same order right, including a 3-piece order of athletic shorts, a Bluetooth receiver for the car, and a pair of Nike Running shoes, but these are the remaining items of concern:

"Mens Slim-Fit Fleece Moto Joggers & Zip-Up Hoodie" Sold by Woot. Gender: Male. Color: Black. Condition: New. Size: Large. Quantity: 1 @ $26.99 - 70% off list price $89.95. (The problem: I received ONLY the Zip-Up Hoodie and NOT the Moto Joggers. They are missing completely.) "Men's Slim-Fit Tech Fleece Hoodie & Jogger" Sold by Woot. Gender: Male. Color: Black Set. Condition: New. Size: Large. Quantity:1 @ $29.99 - 80% off list price $149.99. (The problem: Instead of a set in Black, I received a set in Heather Grey. Wrong color.) "Anker Powerline Plus Lightning Cable" Sold by Woot. Color: Golden. Condition: New.

Size: 6'. Quantity: 2 @ $11.33 - 37% off list price $17.99. (The problem: Instead of getting a 2nd cable (I ordered 2), somebody packed a very USELESS USB 2.0 TYPE-B MINI cable instead.

So what did I learn from this one order? There is a SERIOUS problem in the orders/packing department. I didn't get what I paid for and I wonder if others are experiencing the same thing. It's ENTIRELY inconvenient to go out of our way to drop off something that we shouldn't have received in the first place. They might be paying for return shipping, but it still costs valuable time and gas to drive to a returns location. Let's be honest.

Considering the amount of errors in this order... I'm beginning to think Woot is either sketchy, extremely untrustworthy, and entirely inconsistent OR it's been POORLY run by incompetent staff, possibly from top to bottom. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I honestly wonder what Amazon has to say about this consistently sketchy business that they have decided to make one of their own companies. It's undeserving of having any ties with Amazon, but sadly it is. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASES from Woot. You will either get the wrong thing or not everything you paid for. Imagine ordering at a restaurant and getting only a little more than half your food and even what you got isn't entirely correct. That's what Woot is.

Woot Company Information