3.55/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

TOMS Shoes

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

TOMS Shoes Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Cute shoes, but they don’t last. I find it unsettling that lately the review section on Toms website is totally gone. I can’t read reviews of shoes anymore, or leave reviews. If I could, I would say the following:

-Every pair of classic shoes I’ve gotten from Toms has had these strange toe holes appear after about 6 months. I see other people with the same holes on their Toms, and we have laughed about it. It’s that common.

-I bought a pair of light pink shoes that started to have black marks on the top after a few months. Here’s the thing .. I don’t walk through tar. The stain came from the inside out, something about the fabric and the design. I tried every possible method to remove it, it is not a normal stain. It’s a design flaw. I’d see if others had this issue too but .. no reviews on the website anymore. They are ruined in my opinion. Total waste, wouldn’t have bought them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Purchased Toms wedge booties. Their claim to fame must be solely that they give a pair of shoes to those in need. These booties have zero arch support. Dont buy if if you have high arches. Not the best quality, trim is glued on and overlapping. For the price the quality should be higher.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

They have the absolute worst customer service I have had the misfortune of dealing with. The shoes were not labeled correctly but I am responsible for paying for the shipping. For a company that pretends to be about humanity, they sure are terrible humans. I will NOT be purchasing from Toms again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I bought several pairs of Toms during the summer of 2019, with very mixed results. Sizing was a huge problem. I ordered about six pair and most of them did not fit, despite the sizing guide. The shoes also did not look like they did online and several times I was quite disappointed with the product. Returns with Toms take forever; despite their insistence that they have streamlined the return process, the process is unduly lengthy, weeks instead of days to process.

My biggest complaint about Toms is that I purchased a pair of shoes for my elderly father, waited several weeks to give them to him in person and they did not fit. I immediately called Toms to explain and the customer service people had zero empathy for the situation and less than zero authority or empowerment to solve the issue. I was told that I was outside the return period. After several calls they promised that a supervisor would call, but no one ever did. I would give their customer service department very low marks. I've wasted a lot of time. I probably won't purchase TOMS Shoes again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

My first order never arrived despite USPS tracking saying it was delivered in my mailbox (lol shoes won't fit there). I live in a doorman (24 hours) building so there's no way the package was lost or stolen after being delivered. I spoke to live chat reps multiple times and 2 of them never responded. The third one said he escalated the issue and I should hear back via email. Never heard back. Finally called their phone support people and the lady was really nice and shipped out the same shoes for free with 2nd day air. So I got them in the end but obviously there's something shady with their shipping as multiple people have experienced the same issue as me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TOMS Shoes?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I ordered shoes on Wednesday and it had my old address on it and didn't show that until after I completed the order. I immediately tried calling the customer service line to try to get it corrected. It went straight to a recording saying, "Thanks for calling. Our business hours are Monday through Friday 9-5, call back during those hours." Mind you I called at 1 PM on Wednesday. I tried several times. I then submitted a ticket to try to get it fixed. Next day I got a shipping confirmation to the old address after I had sent the new one in. I emailed again on Thursday, never heard anything back.

I called on Friday to check on my help ticket only to get "I see both of your emails in the system but I'm not sure why no one replied." "Okay, well can you figure out why no one replied?" She puts me on hold, comes back and says, "There was a glitch in the system on Wednesday." "Okay so why has no one responded to emails on Thursday or Friday?" She couldn't give me an answer. She said they wouldn't be emailing me back since I talked to someone on the phone. They did nothing to make the situation better and weren't helpful at all. I'm very disappointed in the customer service I didn't receive. I own 8-10 pairs of Toms and spent $200 on this last order. I doubt I will be buying anything else from them due to their customer service.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I can't stand Tom's Passport Rewards program. It is only good if you have enough points to get a pair of shoes for free that they offer. I had enough points to get a coupon for $25 off of a $100 purchase. So I redeemed points for it. No disclaimers are listed. I go to use the code on my next order right after redemption and told it was invalid. I receive an email from Tom's with the code and then here come all the disclaimers. Can't use the code on sale items. Well, Tom's, it would have be nice if you had listed the disclaimers before I redeemed my points. You can't get the points back and Tom's will not respond to any email asking a question or seeking help.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I love TOMS shoes and have worn them for years. I had a wedding to attend out of state and picked a shoe from TOMS I had been eyeing for a while. I ordered expedited shipping on 7/28 and was told the estimated arrival would be 7/31. On 8/1 my shoes had not arrived. I called customer service and was told that the order was in process and that it takes 24-48 hours to process. I ordered it Sunday, I was calling on a Thursday. I’d say that window had passed. I asked the customer service representative that I wanted him to cancel my order. He said he could not because it was in process. I never received any information that this shoe was on backorder or that my shipping date had been changed.

I did a telephone survey and gave them three stars (because I still love the shoes) and was told that I would get a call to help me resolve my issue. I am still waiting for that call. Today (8/7) I get notification that my shoes have shipped. No one offered to refund my money or pay for the cost of expedited shipping! This is absurd. I’m so sad, TOMS used to make a good product with a good aim but now it has sunk into shady business practices. I will never buy another pair of TOMS again. And I suggest you take your money elsewhere and invest in a product that is good and a charity that is deserving.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Bought 2 pairs at the same time. I wore each pair ONCE for 6-8 hours while walking around in an office building. Each pair after this single use had the following issues: Sole separated from the upper at both the toes and heel. Detailing around the sole fell off. For the price point these shoes should last considerably longer. I've had cheaper shoes wear much better. These shoes are gimmicky and poorly made. Don't waste your money.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Ordered the shoes 2 almost 2 weeks ago, picked 2-3 day shipping and have been delayed 3 times now and I called the customer service department and they just don’t care about your concern! They just take your money and later blame somebody else for their unprofessional approach. If anybody wants to order from them BE AWARE of not having it for at least 2 weeks!!! It’s a joke looking like it’s ran from somebody’s basement!

TOMS Shoes expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TOMS was founded in 2006 and prides itself on corporate responsibility and giving. TOMS sells men’s, women’s and children’s shoes and accessories online, in TOMS’ store in select locations and through third-party retailers.

• One for One: Through TOMS One for One program, the company donates a pair of shoes to a child in need for each pair of shoes sold. The company makes other donations for non-shoe purchases.

• Exclusives: Although some retailers stock TOMS shoes, several exclusive products are available only when bought directly from the company. These styles are available online and can also be purchased at one of the company’s six brick-and-mortar stores.

• Selection: TOMS stocks standard sizes for all styles. Women’s shoes are available in sizes 5 to 12. The company carries flats, sneakers, boots, clogs, sandals and more.

• Customer service: Consumers can reach a customer service representative by phone or through an online chat. They can also tweet to the company @TOMSsupport, where representatives quickly respond to messages.

• Best for: TOMS has shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers and busy adults.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs