3.20/5
Based on 35 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

35 TOMS Shoes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have been purchasing TOMS Shoes for several years and recently experienced problems that required me to contact customer service. What a horrible experience - worst I have EVER had, anywhere. Trying to reach customer service by chat or by phone requires holding on for an hour at a time. I did this twice and still do not have the issue resolved. Have realized that while they may be doing good, there are plenty of other companies that do good work AND have good customer service. Finished with Toms Shoes.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Abysmal customer service! Never again! I had them intercept an order because I didn’t want it after a bad customer service experience. The email telling me that the package was intercepted was on 11/26. They received it back on 11/29. Still no refund as of today 12/11. I called and after 30 min on hold (after multiple unanswered emails) was told that the refund hasn’t been processed yet. According to the rep, it will take another 7-10 days for them to process it and then a week to 10 days for it to clear!!! That is $400 that I won’t be seeing anytime soon! Their hold when you call is ALWAYS upward of 30 min! Absolutely horrible! Where is the value to their customers?

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Be aware if you have any customer service issues it will be days and numerous attempts before there is a resolution. The whole ordeal is very frustrating with over an hour phone hold. The live chat is also difficult. I attempted twice with over 20 minute wait times and no connect. After finally speaking with a representative and explaining that my order was shipped to a person in another state who returned the order to Toms, the representative politely informed that the shoes I had ordered are now out of stock. You might get some, but you just lost one!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have spent over three hours over two days trying to get a return shipping label. I’ve held on the phone for almost two hours, sent two emails, left a Facebook message, and tried online chat on two occasions AND still have not been able to get my problem addressed, much less solved. Do not order online if there is a chance that you might need to return anything. In today’s world of online shopping, this is a first for me! I’ve never experienced anything like this!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I'm extremely disappointed in TOMS. I refunded an item - that was received by them on 11/1 with your shipping label. I still haven't received a refund over a month later (it's 12/4). I can be patient - I don't mind waiting for my money to be returned. BUT, I emailed in 3 times in the past 3 weeks, and 2 tweets as well - all with 0 response. I finally reached a rep today after waiting 20 minutes for a live chat. She was helpful, and she noticed the refund was never processed. Glad I was able to provide the tracking number, otherwise who knows what would have happened.

It was just a terrible experience all around! That kind of service is totally unacceptable. I love the TOMS brand, but won't be using or recommending them to anyone due to this terrible service. I know it's a busy time of year, but that's not a way to treat your customers. To top it off, I went to take their survey after my Livechat experience, which was fine, and I received an error 3 times - LOL. One of the worst experiences I've had with a company in a long time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TOMS Shoes?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I placed two orders for shoes - received 0 of them. After placing my orders, I signed up for "tracking alerts" on Toms shipping site. I received NO alerts, and also NO shoes. When I logged in and checked where my shoes were, it said "we're updating the information" - but they never asked ME to update anything. It turns out the shoes were sent back to the warehouse because *I* never went into UPS and updated my information (I was never asked to) and because my shoes were part of the "SURPRISE SALE" - TOMS refused to re-ship my order. They were just like, "Woops, too bad." Then Carlos told me he could give me a credit of *wait for it* $6.99 for my troubles. LOL. *AMAZING.* TOMS lost a customer today, which is unfortunate because I loved their shoes. But I cannot give money to these people ever again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Horrible customer service from this company. Ordered 2 pair of shoes and unfortunately for me, I did not write down the tracking number. So when they did not come on the day promised, I emailed the company and said I did not have a tracking number but would like to know when they would arrive. I did not received an answer. So the next day I called the 800 number for TOMS and waited 35 minutes before someone answered my call. I talked with a representative for approximately 15 minutes before he found my order and gave me the arrival date for my shoes. The company sent out an email the day before I called for the shipment arrival to announce shoes at 30% off. I asked the representative to honor that sale on the 2 pair I had coming and he would not. This entire experience has been totally ridiculous. Will not be ordering shoes from TOMS ever again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Ouch is the only word that I can think of as I'm wearing these shoes. Today is my first day trying them on since I got them in the mail yesterday. It took me an extra 45 minutes to leave the house this morning because it was INCREDIBLY hard to get the shoes on in the first place. Oh boy and they hurt like hell. Didn't make it out the door in these, will be returning immediately. I forgot to mention that these shoes have a shimmery tone to them which is not pictured at all on the website. I was hoping to own these are a causal every day shoe but these shiny shoes seem more like an occasion thing because of the unnecessary glimmer.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I thought I was doing a good thing by buying my shoes from TOMS. Guess what -- good for everyone but the customer! I bought two pairs of shoes for vacation. Both pairs felt a little stiff when I tried them at home, which is the case with lots of TOMS shoes. But they stretch out a bit after wear. The slip-ons did just that. The sandals, not so much. In fact, after wearing them once on vacation, I felt like they were at least a size off. Surely, I'll just tell TOMS and they'll let me return them, right? Nope. I'd worn them, you see. Even though the defect is on their end. If a shoe is marked a size that it's not, that is fraud IMO. Their response? If you scroll down to the next page on their website, there is a small disclaimer that says go up half a size. So, again, it's the customer's fault that your shoes are not made in the correct sizing??? Horrible. To add insult to injury, I was offered a 15 dollar credit!!! Ha. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I bought a pair of TOMS from a local retailer less than 3 months ago and the inner lining ripped off. Obviously the retailer won't do anything about it after you've worn the shoes and thrown out the receipt, they direct you to the manufacturers. I contacted TOMS and was told that the warranty for a defective product is only for items purchased directly through their site at Toms.com and Toms.ca. I spent $110 on a pair of slippers before tax that are ruined and TOMS does not stand by their products. After the chat, they ask you to fill out a survey and knowing that I was unsatisfied and had zero resolution to my issue, they blocked me from being able to fill the survey. That's absolute crap and the last time I purchase anything TOMS. I'll be sharing my experience with anyone who will listen.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Bought my first pair (bought two actually) because the "one for one" cause. Regardless how uncomfortable the shoes were when I tried them, I would have kept it had they were the right size. But I need a size smaller. I live in Ontario, Canada and the return address is in BC, Canada. I still don't get free return label. That was fine. I was going to order my size once the refund is completed. But to my surprise, when I contacted the customer service, they kept stalling the refund even though it is already been the 7th day since they received it. Every time I called or emailed them, I have to keep repeating myself as if they don't have any recollection of my previous conversations with some of their agents. I am regretting buying anything from them honestly. Great idea for the cause, but poor customer service organization drive clients away.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Here's what happened: "I had a 1st time customer coupon for 15% off and ordered 3 pairs of shoes. I don't free shipping because we're stationed in Hawaii. I wanted 3 pairs to maximize my discount and shipping costs. One pair was sold out and I got an email about it. Phone lines weren't opened, so I emailed and said that I wanted to change to a different pair. No response from your team. Then I get an email saying my other 2 items shipped." I contacted Toms by email saying that "Hey, I want one more pair and I should get the 15% off and free shipping since you couldn't fulfill my order and didn't respond to my emails." Then I get the email saying that once an order has been shipped, it can't be cancelled. So... do you even read your emails? How can you resolve this issue?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Both pairs of shoes I ordered were very uncomfortable. My return arrived at the facility exactly 60 days following my order (THE HOLIDAY SPECIAL RETURN POLICY) and they initially failed to give me a full refund. I asked the customer service. The customer representative claimed that the refund processing takes 5-7 days and considering that the refund was issued on the 61st day, I don't qualify for a refund. The policy doesn't mention anything about the processing time and since my items arrived at their warehouse on the 60th day, I should have still qualified for a refund. She finally issued the refund but she called it a "one time courtesy" instead of apologizing for the mistake that happened on their side. She was also very rude and closed the conversation right away before I had time to read the end of her response.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased a pair of these Ashland shoes (Ashland waterproof brown leather wool USA size 10) at the RAF Lakenheath base exchange on 25 Oct 2017 for $135.00. After wearing them for 210 miles (verified on my Strava app) my right heel became very sore. Due to the wear I had put them through, the base would not refund my purchase. They suggested I go through TOMS. I started emailing TOMS UK 7 Dec 2017 about this issue. As it stands now, TOMS UK have not been very helpful. They suggested that they might credited my account. I do not have a TOMS account, all I require is a credit into my VISA debit account.

The shoes have a serious fault with them. Inside the shoes are two pads, an upper pad your feet are in contact with & an inner pad which is next to the sole of the shoe. My heel, after 200 miles, wore through the upper pad & made contact with the inner pad. The inner pad has rivet like bits in them which caused excruciating pain in my right heel.

Updated on 03/05/2018: I originally brought about an issue with my TOMS shoes 1 Jan 2018. I have finally received a reply - "Thank you for contacting TOMS. We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your TOMS product. At this time, we are unable to offer refunds or replacements for purchases made from retailers other than www.TOMS.com or www.TOMS.ca. If you believe that the TOMS you purchased from a retailer are damaged or otherwise show material or manufacturing defects, please contact that retailer directly for assistance with your inquiry." As I said in my original compliant The retailer (RAF Lakenheath UK) could not do anything due to the wear & tear after walking 200 miles (Strava verified). So now I am no better off. I find TOMS a poor excuse for a company.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Toms.com is a website that is easy to navigate. The features are easy to use and understand. The graphics are high quality. The prices are visible, the descriptions are useful, and the reviews are worthwhile. It was easy to place an order and there was a good product selection. I enjoy browsing through the selection. There are shoes for children, women, men, and unisex. The workmanship is impeccable. The package arrived in a timely manner. The shoes are comfortable, trendy and are high quality. The prices are reasonable. The company gives back to the community. Each pair of shoes I buy donates one pair of shoes to a child in need of shoes.

Original review: June 6, 2017

When I bought my TOMS online the process was extremely user friendly and fast. They had so many options to choose from and I appreciated being able to search specifically for one type or style or color of TOMS that I wanted. The pictures were very helpful too. Plus, they are comfortable and go with everything! I like that TOMS give part of the profit from the shoes to those less fortunate. I've been to Haiti and have seen children in the streets wearing worn out clothes but their sweet little feet are protected from the rough terrain by TOMS. They have a solid foundation for not only a profitable business but also a way to help people.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Extremely easy to order and easy payment process. I love the ease in finding what I need. Website layout is clear and friendly. I use it for shoes and I love the shoe designs as well. Such variety! Also - when I have a had a problem, great online customer service. Maybe they could offer specials. But I know that's hard because of the one for one concept. Sunglasses are too expensive for me. I might consider asking that the sunglasses prices be reduced.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I like that the Toms website has a lot of options that are harder to find in the stores that sell Toms shoes. It is easy to find shoes that I like on the Toms website. The purchase was pretty standard in comparison to other online checkouts for other web pages. I did not have any trouble or any problems but the Toms web page would be better if it let you search more easily. It would be cool if you got to find out even more about the one for one.

Original review: June 3, 2017

The TOMS.com page is very easy to search what you want to buy. They are under different type of products. Once you find something you like, all you need to do is click on the picture and you can look up color, size etc. The picture of the website are very nice and eye catching. Sometimes it just nice to search around to see what they are offering even you are not planning to make any purchase. Window shopping could give you ideas what's trending out there. But there are too many products and sometimes it's very hard to pick the color choices of the product. Other than that, they're very professional and the process of purchasing shoes from TOMS.com is very easy since I already bought shoes from them before so I know my size.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I have a very good experience and I am very happy to recommend TOMS.com to my friends and family too. It also has its tastes that are very good as the color of your page has everything well ordered for customers. The color is striking and attractive. It has good products and high quality. Has many things of good brand that is what you are looking for in a page to buy shoes. All the characteristics of TOMS.com are very good. They are of high details that can help others in search of their shoes. The process to buy at TOMS.com is very easy and simple. Its process is fast. TOMS.com has a very close attention to client and has a good way to treat the buyer.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I liked that I could easily filter and narrow down my results with no technical glitches nor misinformation provided during my search and I found everything I was looking for in a timely manner. There was a large selection of products that came in all sizes and the checkout process was very easy as well. I would definitely visit and purchase from TOMS again and again on a regular basis because they have some of the highest quality shoes that are equally comfortable and stylish to suit different occasions.

Original review: May 31, 2017

The website was very easy to navigate and it was very intuitive to use. It had a large selection of styles, colors, and sizes. The checkout process was quick and easy to use. Their search capabilities helped in narrowing my preferred options. The price is a little high, but since they donate a pair of Tom's for every pair purchased to those in need, I don't mind paying a little more for Tom's.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Using TOMS.com website is very easy. Prices are clearly marked as well as different items and varieties of each item. Orders are easy to place and selection is always good. I enjoy the fact that TOMS gives back. For every one item you purchase, they provide an item to someone who is in need. Whether that item be glasses, shoes, eye care, or women care - they're provided with something. I enjoy the free shipping or percentage off emails that are provided throughout the year. The overall quality of the website and the e-mails they send to customers are great and I cannot find any fault in either of them.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I like that I can readily see what is available and colors and sizes without having to go to a store and look and look. I have been very satisfied with the purchases I have made. The order was very easy to place. A friend of mine originally told me about the website and has had great success with ordering from Toms. I followed her example and have been very happy. I like Toms.com and will continue to shop with them. Love the shoes and the website where I get to see the selections I want. I have shared the site with my friends and they order as well.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I love TOMS shoes and I think that they are great. They're comfortable and very well in fashion. I love the colors and the variety that they have. I also love the fact that they have their own store so it's easy to shop for them. The process of purchasing TOMS is easy, however the shoes does take a little longer to get to an address than they should. I think that TOMS should offer coupons or free shipping after spending more than a hundred dollars or something like that. Sometimes they can be expensive.

TOMS should also have more variety in shoes such as making like a different type of shoe. Maybe they should make a shoe that doesn't look like the original TOMS Shoes. They should also have clothing with their logo on it that possibly matches with their new shoe. I would definitely buy their clothing (sweaters, sweatpants, t-shirt, etc.) if they had any. I would really like it if TOMS had their own department store as well. Nevertheless, TOMS Shoes is something that I have been wearing for a long time and I will not give them up.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Purchasing from toms.com is simple and convenient and can be done with very less time and ease. Can be done on laptop or cell or tablet. There's a lot of variety and lot of options for all sizes and ages and material. However, I wish they would reduce prices and give more options to sort the shoes. Give frequent offers or coupons to get better deals.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Toms features a charitable program for shoes that are both stylish and comfortable to wear. In addition, there's a lot of variety. Their website is aesthetically pleasing and very well organized too. I went in knowing what I wanted, picking color, style, and size, I went to checkout quickly. Perhaps what could be improved is the price points for the shoes, but understandable they give to charity. Perhaps server lag too as my internet is quite fast and it took awhile for things to load.

Original review: May 24, 2017

TOMS has fun and trendy products and they support a good cause. I feel good about buying from them. There is a wide selection to choose from and I feel like they consistently have new and exciting shoes. Also, I thought purchasing was easy. I looked at different types of shoes and different colors and then picked one. I had no problem placing the order and received the product in a timely manner. However, the shoes tend to smell bad after wearing them. Sometimes I feel like they sell out of colors/sizes kind of fast too.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I like the whole entire Toms.com website. First you go to their website. Once you do that you see that they give you a lot of different options. Once you check out your items it takes a couple days then they ship. I enjoy the whole process because it is very fast. I like that the website shows the different shoe styles, shoe, colors on different people. I also like how Toms.com shows you how you can wear the shoes with different clothes. But I would like to make custom TOMS and see how other people make theirs.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I like that toms.com is easy to use and has a fun and beautiful look. It is very upbeat. I also like the great selection that toms.com offers, the prices, and the payment options. They have many brands and you can filter to find the brand and price that you want. They deliver fast.

TOMS Shoes expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TOMS was founded in 2006 and prides itself on corporate responsibility and giving. TOMS sells men’s, women’s and children’s shoes and accessories online, in TOMS’ store in select locations and through third-party retailers.

• One for One: Through TOMS One for One program, the company donates a pair of shoes to a child in need for each pair of shoes sold. The company makes other donations for non-shoe purchases.

• Exclusives: Although some retailers stock TOMS shoes, several exclusive products are available only when bought directly from the company. These styles are available online and can also be purchased at one of the company’s six brick-and-mortar stores.

• Selection: TOMS stocks standard sizes for all styles. Women’s shoes are available in sizes 5 to 12. The company carries flats, sneakers, boots, clogs, sandals and more.

• Customer service: Consumers can reach a customer service representative by phone or through an online chat. They can also tweet to the company @TOMSsupport, where representatives quickly respond to messages.

• Best for: TOMS has shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers and busy adults.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs