3.00/5

53 TOMS Shoes Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I can't stand Tom's Passport Rewards program. It is only good if you have enough points to get a pair of shoes for free that they offer. I had enough points to get a coupon for $25 off of a $100 purchase. So I redeemed points for it. No disclaimers are listed. I go to use the code on my next order right after redemption and told it was invalid. I receive an email from Tom's with the code and then here come all the disclaimers. Can't use the code on sale items. Well, Tom's, it would have be nice if you had listed the disclaimers before I redeemed my points. You can't get the points back and Tom's will not respond to any email asking a question or seeking help.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I love TOMS shoes and have worn them for years. I had a wedding to attend out of state and picked a shoe from TOMS I had been eyeing for a while. I ordered expedited shipping on 7/28 and was told the estimated arrival would be 7/31. On 8/1 my shoes had not arrived. I called customer service and was told that the order was in process and that it takes 24-48 hours to process. I ordered it Sunday, I was calling on a Thursday. I’d say that window had passed. I asked the customer service representative that I wanted him to cancel my order. He said he could not because it was in process. I never received any information that this shoe was on backorder or that my shipping date had been changed.

I did a telephone survey and gave them three stars (because I still love the shoes) and was told that I would get a call to help me resolve my issue. I am still waiting for that call. Today (8/7) I get notification that my shoes have shipped. No one offered to refund my money or pay for the cost of expedited shipping! This is absurd. I’m so sad, TOMS used to make a good product with a good aim but now it has sunk into shady business practices. I will never buy another pair of TOMS again. And I suggest you take your money elsewhere and invest in a product that is good and a charity that is deserving.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Bought 2 pairs at the same time. I wore each pair ONCE for 6-8 hours while walking around in an office building. Each pair after this single use had the following issues: Sole separated from the upper at both the toes and heel. Detailing around the sole fell off. For the price point these shoes should last considerably longer. I've had cheaper shoes wear much better. These shoes are gimmicky and poorly made. Don't waste your money.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Ordered the shoes 2 almost 2 weeks ago, picked 2-3 day shipping and have been delayed 3 times now and I called the customer service department and they just don’t care about your concern! They just take your money and later blame somebody else for their unprofessional approach. If anybody wants to order from them BE AWARE of not having it for at least 2 weeks!!! It’s a joke looking like it’s ran from somebody’s basement!

Original review: June 19, 2019

Ordered shoes for an event last Saturday and selected 2 day expedited shipping to ensure that they would arrive in time. Received a confirmation that day saying they would arrive by Wednesday 6/19. Received another confirmation from Tom's on Monday 6/17 saying they were shipped, included the UPS Tracking number and said they will arrive on Wednesday 6/19. They didn't come today and I received an e-mail from Tom's saying they should arrive tomorrow. So much for 2 day shipping!!!

When I called customer service to let them know they won't arrive in time for my event tomorrow at 10am they were less than apologetic and went on a 10 minute sob story about how something catastrophic could have happened to someone and their family and there is nothing they can do about shipping delays. As if there was some natural disaster going on! At this point all I wanted was the $14.99 that I paid for 2 day shipping returned to me as I was not getting expedited shipping. They refused! WORST customer service ever!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TOMS Shoes?

Original review: June 1, 2019

These sandals worked great, until they didn't. I bought these for my husband in May 2018, and while on vacation this past May 2019, we were walking around the pool deck and the strap of the sandal became dislodged from the slot in the sole of the shoe where it was previously fastened. We are from Indiana, and "sandal weather" is really only between May-September, I think it's fair to say that these hardly even survived one season of wear. Needless to say, based only on our experience and the amount of life left in the shoe when it failed, I cannot recommend that anyone buys the TOMS Carilo Flip Flop.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes on 5/6/2019 and money was deducted from credit card. No shoes delivered and email received about order confirmation and but no shipping email. This company’s customer service never answers and receives call. Email doesn’t work. Don’t buy shoes from this online shopping. Now worried about my money which they have taken and no shoes delivered.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have owned 3 pairs of the canvas slip-on shoe. I wear them a lot, because I like how comfy they are. They fit very well. However, all three pairs have worn a hole on the the same foot, same place. In fact, one day when I was out and about, I looked down at someone else's feet wearing TOMS also, and she had the exact same hole in the same place! Not sure if these are just bad materials or what. I definitely bought the correct size. Not wasting my money anymore.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Don't order gifts from friendly "Toms". My Air Force son did not get his birthday gift. Their agent said my Air Force son's birthday gift was cancelled due to no good reason -- could be supply, address etc. Tom talks nicely but is not customer friendly like LL Bean -- avoid them for gifts. Mike, Retired Air force.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I bought these shoes for walking around. I was heading to Europe and needed some good shoes to walk in. That's what I thought these would be. After a long winter I finally could wear them again. The third time I wore them this spring I noticed a 4-inch tear along the fabric and sole. No shoes should have this significant of a tear when I paid 50 bucks for them.

Then I noticed that the interior fabric had come undone on along the heel and the side of the shoe. I can literally see the inside of the shoe through the tear and shouldn't have to superglue the interior fabric to get it to stay. I talked to customer service but their material defect claims only work for 30 days after the purchase. Also, a pair of Tom's Jutti flats cut my feet at 4 different spots, so badly I now have scars on my ankles. I emailed them and THEY NEVER RESPONDED. Their shoes used to be good, but they have let their quality suffer as their sales increased. I will never be buying a pair of Toms again.

TOMS Shoes expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TOMS was founded in 2006 and prides itself on corporate responsibility and giving. TOMS sells men’s, women’s and children’s shoes and accessories online, in TOMS’ store in select locations and through third-party retailers.

• One for One: Through TOMS One for One program, the company donates a pair of shoes to a child in need for each pair of shoes sold. The company makes other donations for non-shoe purchases.

• Exclusives: Although some retailers stock TOMS shoes, several exclusive products are available only when bought directly from the company. These styles are available online and can also be purchased at one of the company’s six brick-and-mortar stores.

• Selection: TOMS stocks standard sizes for all styles. Women’s shoes are available in sizes 5 to 12. The company carries flats, sneakers, boots, clogs, sandals and more.

• Customer service: Consumers can reach a customer service representative by phone or through an online chat. They can also tweet to the company @TOMSsupport, where representatives quickly respond to messages.

• Best for: TOMS has shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers and busy adults.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs