3.9/5 (258 ratings)

About TOMS Shoes

TOMS Shoes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TOMS Shoes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TOMS Shoes?

Original review: May 11, 2022

I purchased items on sale. They were too big. I called on May 3rd and was provided a promo code and return labels. The promo code was to ensure, is received the same pricing. Instead I was given a code that is invalid and will have to pay full price on 2 item(s) that I purchased on sale. When I emailed them on May 5th regarding this, I received a response on May 10th stating the company doesn't do this type of thing (price match) and I should join the email list, to receive current info on promos. I'll never understand why I wasn't notified of this over the phone when I called to Inquire on May 3rd. As a customer, tell me how exactly that's fair?! I now have to pay double the price for 2 pairs of shoes. This is my first interaction with this company. To say I'm displeased is an understatement. They don't care and that's fine but I will not be a returning customer. (I'm hoping to find different shoes, completely.)

Original review: April 13, 2022

I ordered 3 pair of shoes for my 6 year old. I love the fact that this organization helps people in need, I support that HOWEVER those shoes were sent to the wrong address by my mistake and they did NOT help me at all!!!! Why not contact the shipping company used for transporting the shoes to correct the address??? They said it was by UPS I contacted UPS they said no, it's USPS!!!! I will not order from them again!

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I have purchased a size 7 shoe at Toms for over 10 years. The last 8 pairs do not fit. Cannot even get foot in shoes. The width has been narrowed and sizing up does not help. The site claim of true size is not true.. BEWARE… because trying to get resolution no answers, no callbacks or just send back and hope for refund because no longer have the shoe. Used to live them. Something has changed. Do not buy. Find another shoe company.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Horrible customer service. No call back. No free label for returns. All lies. What happened to TOMS shoes? They don't care for customers who need to return shoes, they want you to keep them even if you don't want them. Very bad experience with toms shoes. False advertisements.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

This company claims they have easy returns. Don’t believe it. I spent $20 to return $89 shoes. Don’t yet know whether they will credit my account. They claim that UPS will ship return for free. Not at all true for me today. Beware.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Before buying these shoes I read everything on the website on measurements, then went and measured my foot. What they don't tell you is that the measurements are the outside not the inside of the foot. They recommend to buy true to size and if you are between sizes to order the smaller size. Well these shoes are NOT true to size. Also when I called to return the lady told me to order one size bigger not smaller. Now I'm out $7 plus have to return these shoes.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I ordered shoes. They sent the wrong order. I called to have the order replaced and Toms stated I could not have a replacement. I was hung up on. I called back, explained again the issue. Again I was rudely told I could not have my correct order. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told the supervisor would call back in 3-5 business days! I asked why I could not have the order replaced and I was only told that I bought the shoes on sale. They were rude, unwilling to help, unwilling to explain their reasoning tried to blame their mistake on UPS, and I am out of 3 pairs of shoes! I still do not know if I will get a complete refund and they couldn’t care less about the wrong order I received or what I’m supposed to do with it!

Original review: June 22, 2021

Absolutely horrible customer experience. I had made a purchase 3 days ago (on a Saturday) and when I received my confirmation email I saw that an old shipping address defaulted to the shipping address used, when I had inputted my correct shipping address. I immediately reached out to the company to get the address changed and ultimately I just wanted to cancel my order and got no response.

I called on Monday to get help and I was told they couldn’t cancel and I would have to wait to get the product and then I can return it. HOW CAN I RETURN SOMETHING THAT’S GOING TO THE WRONG ADDRESS?? I called several time to try and resolve this issue, but all representatives were pitiful and offered no help. I worked as a customer representative and have learned the functionings of the role. I know my requests could have been fulfilled, because I have offered the correct help in my previous position. The company has no care toward their customers and now I have no care in showing support to them. They do not deserve the B Corp certification as they clearly do not hold themselves to a standard to better society and help their customers.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have tons of Toms shoes & love them but will NEVER buy another thing from them. I bought 2 pairs of shoes on a buy 1 get one 50% off sale. The order was processed and 1 pair was mailed. The other just said "canceled". They charged me incorrectly for the shoes they mailed & I never got an email with an explanation so I called... 5 times before I was able to speak to someone. They have no email and their chat was never "on" in FIVE BUSINESS DAYS. I called and pressed 1 for a call back & when they'd call back ... They'd hang up. That happened at least 4 times. I had to stay on hold for 45 minutes before someone answered. Completely unacceptable.

I spoke to a very rude woman who claimed they canceled the one pair because they sold out... How the hell do you sell out when it's already ordered? I was also told I would receive a refund in 5-7 days. It's been way longer than that and shocker, no refund. I suggest people really think long and hard before dealing with a company that has frustrating practices bordering on theft with ZERO customer service.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I ordered a pair of shoes and had not even received them yet when I saw they had them on sale for 30% off. I called customer service to see if I could get an adjustment and was told "No, they have sales all the time"! So I told her I would send them back when I get them and I'll order them on sale....she said fine!!

Horrible customer service....I will send them back but will NOT order them even on sale!!!! I've never had a company not honor their own sale price!

TOMS Shoes author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

TOMS was founded in 2006 and prides itself on corporate responsibility and giving. TOMS sells men’s, women’s and children’s shoes and accessories online, in TOMS’ store in select locations and through third-party retailers.

• One for One: Through TOMS One for One program, the company donates a pair of shoes to a child in need for each pair of shoes sold. The company makes other donations for non-shoe purchases.

• Exclusives: Although some retailers stock TOMS shoes, several exclusive products are available only when bought directly from the company. These styles are available online and can also be purchased at one of the company’s six brick-and-mortar stores.

• Selection: TOMS stocks standard sizes for all styles. Women’s shoes are available in sizes 5 to 12. The company carries flats, sneakers, boots, clogs, sandals and more.

• Customer service: Consumers can reach a customer service representative by phone or through an online chat. They can also tweet to the company @TOMSsupport, where representatives quickly respond to messages.

TOMS Shoes Company Information