3.9/5 (267 ratings)

About TOMS Shoes

TOMS Shoes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TOMS Shoes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TOMS Shoes?

Resolution response: Feb. 13, 2021

Well after three days of emails & phone calls they emailed me last night to say they were giving me a 'courtesy' credit but to be more careful and make sure I'm logged in. So silly really! Still give the customer service a 1 star but do like the shoes. Just be careful & put something on the inside heel portion or they will shred you but are comfortable and cute.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I really don't know where to begin. I was referred to start wearing Tom shoes by a doctor because they were good for my feet supposedly. I went online and really liked the look of them and asked around about them. I created an online account because I saw their rewards program and I thought what the heck. I bought my first pair and loved them. The site never showed my purchases, any order history or any rewards so I thought I would wait a little while and it would appear I bought a second pair. Because I love the first one so much.

I'm a 58-year old woman and not stupid and trained in computers and in this world today we all log in to websites. I never received any rewards points I'm told it has to do with browser settings yet I have proof of the orders and they are arguing with me over points. I asked for a supervisor over 24 hours ago and have been told one would call me in 24 hours It is now almost 48 hours later No call back so I imagine they have quite a bit of complaints about their condescending, uncaring customer service.

I have a job that is very busy. I don't have time to sit on the phone calling them daily to make up something about points. The proof is in the receipts as for some reason when I created the account I was awarded $10 & in fact had accidentally created two accounts both accounts were purchased with me logging in as I received a Tom's $10 credit on each pair! How would I get that credit if I didn't have an online account?

Last night against my better judgment and only due to the large sale they're having now I purchased a pair I had been looking at. Lo and behold they appeared on my account. Mind you I have yet to hear back from the supervisor and got a very condescending, nasty email from their customer support. I also wrote them on Twitter and got the same sort of reply. They can track apparently the time, the date & when you log in when you make your purchase but cannot tell you if you were logged out. I begin arguing this with them on the principle that if you offer something you should live up to that as do many other online retailers.

While I do really love these shoes (although they will shred the back of your heel, unless you wear a no show sock) I will probably never again purchase directly from their website again or maybe never again and look for another shoe that will work for the issues with my feet. Shame on you Tom's, a company that claimed to do so much good for the world yet will argue with somebody over points for two pairs of shoes.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I bought 3 pairs of the same shoes, but different colours as part of a half price sale. These fit really nice and the quality is great. I will buy from these guys again. Standard processing and shipping was fast too.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

They don’t make an attempt to rectify mistakes when it initially happens. Bought a few pairs as gifts and it never came. Found out they were sent back bec. my apt. # wasn't on it although it says on the invoice that it was there. They told me it's a carrier issue so I fixed it on my end. I asked them to see if they can fix it so when my order goes back to them, they can resend it without having any issues. They told me when it comes back to them, they just give me a refund. Why would you not make an attempt to fix it. So instead of making an attempt, they want me to go thru the same process of buying it and hoping it actually gets to me this time around.

Their customer service has only general answers. They don’t seem to offer any solutions when things go wrong during delivery. I’ll still buy shoes from this company but I’ll probably buy it in person. The only reason why I did it online cuz of the pandemic and their online deal. Now I’m suppose to wait and see if my order is going to make it in time for Xmas.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

This has been by far the WORST experience shopping I have EVER had. I ordered shoes online, they cut my ankle so I called to do a return. I was sent a label and told to go to UPS and it would be free. That was a lie, but I will get to that. I talked to three different agents who assured me returns are free. When I went to UPS, I had to pay to print the label, pay for an additional package to put the shoe box in AND pay for the shipping. This was $9.00, not much you could say but it should be free as advertised and as I was told. It just gets worse from there. They gave me a $6.00 credit for having to pay because they said I should have gone to the library to print the label. Really?! Next I get a $9.00 credit and I had a promo code given to me to match the price I originally paid to purchase a new pair. Now the promo code will not work with any sales, not what I was told.

I spent 3 more hours on the phone last night. The first agent was really nice but would not give out her name because she thinks Toms is a terrible company and does not want them to know it is her answering their customer calls. She told me to call back until a supervisor named Robert or Shantelle answered because they would help. Mind you, I am still waiting for a supervisor call that I requested 11/25/2020 and again yesterday. I returned the shoes two weeks ago and STILL no refund. They said they received my return on 11/30/2020 but I have to wait for them to scan them in.

Another chat agent said "it's only $24" to me in a chat, which I saved. Really?! I will be posting the chat and this story to IG and Twitter. Toms is by far the WORST company with horrible leadership. They are stealing my money and will do the same to you. Just ask the agent who would not give me her name because she (someone who works for them) said they are terrible and she would never shop with them. A company she works for.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Toms like Crocs makes a ton of different types of shoes and some are affordable. Love the simplicity of them while still standing out.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Love Toms shoes...They fit my foot like a glove and they also give back to the community which is important to me. I have a wide foot...so it takes me awhile to find the correct shoe, not with Toms.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Lots of shoes to choose from. Online and instore are both great. Online delivers quickly. In-store has wide selection in all sizes and if you need asap it is great!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Toms is "kind and generous". Wants comfort oriented in its customer focus. Shoes are not always consistent in fit, but they are fabric & soft-ish, and they donate a pair when you buy a pair. Good Deed.

Resolution response: Oct. 4, 2020

A second time contacting CS proved much more pleasant. The rep again said they don’t typically issue refunds for shipping but told me they would talk to a manager since the shipping had been delayed. They did refund me the full cost of shipping and also refunded me the full amount when I later returned one of the pairs of shoes. I’m still disappointed with the initial experience, the second rep was much more helpful.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I purchased two pairs of shoes that came to over $100 on the 18th in the morning. I needed them on the 22nd so I paid $15 for 2 day shipping. TOMS estimated an arrival of the 20th prior to my purchase of 2 day shipping. I also received an order confirmation email from TOMS stating that the estimated arrival day was the 20th. After the shoes did not show up on the 20th, I tracked them and UPS tracking showed that they had not been picked up by UPS until after 11pm that night.

I contacted TOMS customer service on the 21st to request a refund for the 2 day shipping as the shoes were now scheduled to arrive on the 24th. TOMS refused to refund the shipping stating that it was still within the 2 day shipping time frame. They stated that they would only issue a refund if they were delivered after the 24th. I would not have paid $15 dollars for shipping if TOMS had not mislead me on the arrival date. Nor would I have purchased 2 day shipping if I knew they had really meant 6 day shipping.

I have purchased 10-15 pairs of shoes from this company and have enjoyed them all. This was my first time dealing with customer service and I am quite frankly extremely disappointed after my own experience and after reading other reviews. It’s very unlikely I purchase from them again and I would not recommend them to anyone based solely on their lack of customer service.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I purchased the Spanish Villa Crosshatch linen bow shoes on March 26, 2020. I received these shoes on April 8, 2020. These shoes are extra cute, and comfortable. However, don’t walk in them, as they’re impossible to keep clean. With that said, that’s not why I’m writing this review. Two wears later, the toe and sole are detaching. The binding agent that adheres the sole of the shoe is peeling away; therefore the shoe is coming apart. I wore these shoes twice. Just want to reiterate that. I called customer service this morning. I was instructed by the representative to email warranty@toms.com with my order number, a brief description of the problem with my purchase, and photos. I did as I was instructed.

Shortly after my email was sent, exactly 7 minutes has passed, and I received an email back from Toms warranty department instructing me that “after carefully and closely reviewing the information I submitted, the separation of the shoe is not due to a manufacturer defect, and they will not be replacing them, or refunding me. In 7 minutes, someone made a decision that the quality of their product is fine, and I must have damaged the shoes. Obviously, since I’ve had the shoes for a week, and worn them twice, it’s not due to wear.

I have always supported Toms. I have made many purchases from the company. This is the first pair of shoes I have ever had an issue with. $59.99 wasted, and a company not willing to back up their product, or at least try to make the customer happy. Very disappointed! Not only in the quality of the product, but with customer service, and how quickly I was dismissed.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Purchased a pair of TOMS shoes through Amazon and with minimal wear, they started to come apart. Past 30 days so Amazon had checked out, see reseller. Reseller said, not my problem, take it up with the company who made them. Contacted TOMS and was told, "Sorry, we only stand by our product if you buy it directly from us, not through any of the hundreds of resellers with whom we do business. I won't be purchasing another shoddy product from this company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I call in about help of placing an order and using a credit to my account. It was silly because I was not able to see my credit when I placed my new order. I call in to ask where is my credit and I was told I had credit on my account I will have to sign in. I signed in and saw credit. I call back and needed help and the lady Doris was so nice but she kept telling me to check out as a guest but I could not. The lady obviously did not know what she was talking about but she end up helping me after I said the credit is in my account. She was patient with me but my patience with her was so thin. It took her forever for her to place my order. After placing my order I realize she put the wrong address which was a horrible experience after she said I can not change my address. Doris is nice but slow and a confusing customer service rep and needs tutoring.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I purchased 3 pairs of shoes women's size 10 from TOMS: one pair of sandals which fit well, and 2 pairs of the same style dressy casual shoe. I followed their return policy - UPS shipping, contacting them 4 days later to arrange for an exchange to a larger size as instructed on the website. I was informed that I would have to reorder the items, could not exchange. I would not be able to get a store credit or refund until the shoes are received and they have 7-10 WORKING days to evaluate. Basically, it will be at least a month before I know if I am getting the store credit or refund. I will not be ordering shoes from TOMS for now. I love the philosophy, but not the business practice.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I was given Toms Botas as a Christmas gift. I wore the shoes for 5 minutes before I could tell I was getting a blister. One hour and very little walking later I checked my shoes and my entire sock was covered in blood, my shoes were ruined from the large amount of blood, and I had a blister on each heel that was almost the size of my entire heel, it looked like a shark had bitten off my heels. Two weeks later, the blisters still bleed through my socks and are still extremely painful to touch. I emailed Toms customer service and was informed that it was not a manufacturing issue and was therefore not their problem. I will never buy from this company again and I do not recommend that anyone else does either. Toms sucks.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I called into do a gift return and the lady name Doris I spoke to seemed clueless on everything I wanted. I wanted a label to return shoes that were small for my elderly uncle. After explaining myself for 20 minutes she finally understood and put it in but I called back to make sure. I got a woman name Serenity who is RUDE AND JUST MEAN. She answered the call with a horrible attitude and won't let me know if a label was done for me. She was rushing me off the phone like she was to busy.

After trying to see if a label was put in. She said yes and hung up on me. What type of customer service reps do you people hire? I called again just a day ago and end up getting Serenity again which was horrible again. After I send my order back, I'm never ordering again. Serenity never let me talk to manager but I finally did get my label for the men's boots. Once this is over I'm done with Toms. Horrible service. If you want to be a better company. Teach the lady Doris how to understand a customers request and teach Serenity how to pack up her desk items because she was beyond unbearable. I just want my refund and a decent apology.

Resolution response: Jan. 31, 2020

After referring Toms to my online review they agreed to pay for the return of the slippers.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I ordered a pair of slippers in a size 43 (UK9). All of my shoes are this size (about 30 pairs) but Toms are too small. No problem I thought - I will return and buy the next size up. When I went online to do so I was asked to pay £6 (20% of the cost of the slippers) to return. I called the Customer services line and was told that is simply Toms' policy. Toms is the only online store that I have used that asks for this which is completely unacceptable - particularly in circumstances where it is their fit that is off. I had the next size up in my basket but have decided to cancel my order with Toms altogether and buy a pair of Mahabis instead. I am quite happy to pay for quality but I refuse to accept poor customer service. In this day and age if you hold yourselves out as an online store, you should put some of the profit that you are making from not having to pay rent, rates etc into a free returns policy.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes off Tom's.com and they sent me totally wrong pair that wasn't even my size of shoe. Called and the first customer service lady I talked to would not literally shut up for me to explain what happened. She was just reading what I had ordered and I was even charged for the item I never received. This was in November and finally after multiple attempts I finally received my credit back for the item never received. It was an awful experience and after that I do not want to buy another pair of Tom's shoes again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I ordered and received these boots from Lord and Taylor. I wore the boots approximately 4-5 times. The boot’s seam on right foot ripped open. Retailer agreed to accept returned ripped boots. Still didn’t expect boots from Toms to last less than one week. I don’t think I will recommend Toms products to anyone or purchase Toms products in the future. Feeling disappointed, expected better product and better results for price paid.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I had heard compliments re: the shoes and decided to try a pair, buying directly from the Toms website. I ordered Red Corduroy, which ended up being a salmon/pink color. The insole provides no support. They were on sale, so no opportunity to return. Also, no way to leave feedback on their site. I would not purchase a pair again. So disappointed in both the shoes and the company.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

If you think you may need to return your shoes for any reason, buy them from anywhere but their website. Made a return, within the return window. They refunded it in two increments and shorted my return. When I contacted customer service they refused to correct the mistake. No reason why or offer to remedy the situation in any way shape or form. Thankfully it was a small amount they stole, but if they keep a small amount from many people that adds up. Seems fraudulent and untrustworthy. If you HAVE to support this company, buy from other shoe retailers that carry them as they are less sketchy and won’t short you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I purchased a pair of slippers for someone who usually wears a size 12 direct from Toms Canada website. They are a bit too small and they do not have free returns in Canada. There also is no store in Calgary that can exchange them for a larger size. To return them to Surrey BC by Canada Post is very expensive. They were on sale but still for $60 plus return shipping is just a waste of money. Go to a store and buy slippers elsewhere. The quality isn’t any better than a $15 pair.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Purchased some very cute shoes from TOMS and I was so disappointed they did not fit. I did not realize they don’t automatically give refunds but give store credits. I used the store credit to get another pair of shoes. These also did not fit. I realized my feet and TOMS shoes were not made for each other. These shoes were also returned. I kept waiting to see the refund hit my credit card and it never came through. I contacted the customer service department and they told me they WOULD NOT GIVE ME A REFUND!!! Only a store credit. In my world, if I buy a product and it does not fit, return the product and you keep my money, that is THEFT!!! I DO NOT recommend TOMS!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I purchased a pair of the faux fur plaid slippers for $65. Mind you, these are merely indoor slippers so wear and tear should take a while. After a month, both slippers lost the furball and I couldn’t repair it. I was told by TOMS customer service that no returns are allowed after 30 days. I could, however, send photos of the poor quality and ask for resolution, preferably a replacement pair. Never received a response or resolution to my issue. I decided the best resolution is to stop purchasing this brand all together. The quality has declined greatly while the pricing has increased. And, the customer service is atrocious.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I ordered 3 pairs of shoes for 150$, when they arrived, one of them Mules style model Stone Nubuck Women's Nova Slip-On Espadrilles, was too small, I always order the same size and had no intention to ship it back, I really waited for them and was very disappointed to have them returned. I called Toms customer service and the lady answered the phone and provide a label back. I told her I want to reorder the shoes in the correct size, with the same price I got them and with a free shipping as I received the original order, she said, "Sure no problem. We can do that." and also offered me a promo 10% and a free shipping, I immediately checked the code and it worked. And the call got disconnected.

I called again and another lady answered, I told her what happened and she said she can offer me the same price I paid but not a free shipping, I told her that I was already offered free shipping and that I do not place a new order. It's just a wrong size and I want the same shoe. She said, "Let me check" and she said, "Ok we can do that" but she can't see the size and if I want I can call in 2 days, I saw online that the sizes are definitely available, she said that on the app they use it's not available and kept arguing with me!

I am in shock from the customer service they provide. I have never seen anything like that before! And I own a lot of TOMS pairs, until now they were my favorite brand, not anymore! I called AGAIN and Jeremiah answers and his customer service is the worse of all of them, he said that I can order the shoes with him on the phone and he sees that the size is available but he can not give me a free shipping like I was already offered before by the lady. He kept arguing and he had really bad attitude. He raised his voice, and he told me that there is nothing he can do, he answered me back with questions like, "Do you want to pay the higher price or the lower price because I can not give you the price you paid so you can either pay 35 or 45."

He was not willing to offer me the original price I paid nor the free shipping I originally had, as we speak I checked the 10% I got in the first call and it wasn't working, I asked him if he can at least give me the promo 10% code again because it isn't working anymore and he said that he cannot do that, I asked to speak with a manager and he said none of them is available, and that he cannot, "I cannot continue the call with you" and hung up the phone on me!

Called AGAIN!! And asked to speak with a manager, lady answered and said, "I can't hear you" and hung up the phone on me! Called again and recognize the lady who offered me the same price I paid and the free shipping but told me that the size is out of stock in their app, I told her that the previous guy did find the correct size, and she recognized me and said she is working on the free shipping, she then was silent for 5 minutes, and said, "Ok we can order the pair of shoes" and asked for the credit card, before I gave her the number I asked, "What is the total?" Total should be 25$.

She said 45. I said how come, we went over it already for many times, she didn't want to give me her name, and asked "do you expect to pay low price and have a free shipping" and laughed! I said I expected to pay what I originally paid. It's just a change of the size. She laughed and hung up the phone on me. I am so disappointed! Will never order toms again and gonna return all pairs that I received today. Do yourself a favor and order different brands because this customer service feels like moms and pops shop and not a brand that respects their clientele. You'll feel like you're in a ** burging drugs on the street and not a serious brand that respects itself.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I ordered a pair of boots from TOMS from an email quoting 30% off. A week and a half has gone by since ordering and while still waiting for the boots to be delivered I received a 40% off email from TOMS. I phoned TOMS customer service and asked them to credit me the difference between the two sales as I had yet to receive my merchandise. They refused to do so even after escalating to a supervisor. There are very few companies that refuse to credit you the difference in the product price within such a short period of time but it looks like TOMS is one of them. Based on this poor policy I do not intend to order from TOMS again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I love Tom shoes and have been fortunate in the years I've ordered that I haven't had to return any. However, I bought my daughter a pair of shoes for the first time and they ended up being too big. They don't allow a direct exchange, which for a shoe store seems ridiculous to me as apparel and shoe fit is very particular to the individual. So to receive the size I need, I lose my discount that I received when I ordered the first pair as they also wouldn't honor the original price I paid. Frustrating! Makes me not want to shop there anymore. Zappos has a much better policy on returns and exchanges!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I made a purchase online at www.toms.com and the shipment went to my house and the driver left the package at the door and when I arrived from work there was no package and I reported this issue with UPS and Toms and the UPS group. They said they certify that the package was left at the door and the TOMS group told me that they could not do anything because UPS does not accept the claim so I lost my money and never received the order, I already have more than 25 days fighting for My money or a new order and they nothing that make any decision. Please be careful when shopping with TOMS because they are not responsible for what happens to your order or shipment.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I ordered a pair of boots after having a pair of Toms Shoes in a Stitch Fix order and seeing an ad. After 2 weeks I received a notification that the boots were delivered. I did not have them. I waited to see if something was amiss. Nothing. Did online tracking and it said they were returned to sender. I have no idea why. I did not return them and had never received them.

Called their customer service today (first of all the prompts are wrong and I got caught in a return loop instead of customer service and had to call three times) then I finally reached a person. He was utterly useless. He said, "It shows they are in transit to sender - that is you." I said, "No, you are the sender." I was simply going to ask how to get the boots but after dealing with him and being placed on hold for over 10 minutes I asked him to just refund my money. He said he could not do that until they get the package back. Mind you, it has been "in transit" for 7 days. I said I would like a refund now since I ordered these boots nearly a month ago. He said they would not and also would not give me to a manager. I'm honestly appalled.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Very disappointed with their customer service. I have a order place over a week ago but had some issues with my payment. I call back and spoke with the customer service. The guy told me, "Don’t worry about it. It’s been shipped out because sometime Toms get a system error issue. That’s why I got the wrong email." Well that was not the case. I waited but the other was not here so I call back again. Customer service told me that it’s not shipped out because the payment is not clear. I was like, "Really? I think I call back few days back to clear that matter but you guys told me it’s shipped out." On top of that they offer me $6 credit for courtesy but that was a lie too. Because I went back to order again there was no cc in my account and when I call them back she said, "There’s nothing in the system and we cannot allow."

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Absolutely shocking customer service. Toms do not value their customers and do not fix the mistakes. Contacted them to notify that my rewards points had been lost earlier than they had said they would in an email sent to me by Toms. The service agent made no attempt to make it right in any way and just kept repeating they were expired. They lost a loyal customer today.

TOMS Shoes Company Information