3.9/5 (279 ratings)

About TOMS Shoes

TOMS Shoes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TOMS Shoes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TOMS Shoes?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I ordered a pair of boots after having a pair of Toms Shoes in a Stitch Fix order and seeing an ad. After 2 weeks I received a notification that the boots were delivered. I did not have them. I waited to see if something was amiss. Nothing. Did online tracking and it said they were returned to sender. I have no idea why. I did not return them and had never received them.

Called their customer service today (first of all the prompts are wrong and I got caught in a return loop instead of customer service and had to call three times) then I finally reached a person. He was utterly useless. He said, "It shows they are in transit to sender - that is you." I said, "No, you are the sender." I was simply going to ask how to get the boots but after dealing with him and being placed on hold for over 10 minutes I asked him to just refund my money. He said he could not do that until they get the package back. Mind you, it has been "in transit" for 7 days. I said I would like a refund now since I ordered these boots nearly a month ago. He said they would not and also would not give me to a manager. I'm honestly appalled.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Very disappointed with their customer service. I have a order place over a week ago but had some issues with my payment. I call back and spoke with the customer service. The guy told me, "Don’t worry about it. It’s been shipped out because sometime Toms get a system error issue. That’s why I got the wrong email." Well that was not the case. I waited but the other was not here so I call back again. Customer service told me that it’s not shipped out because the payment is not clear. I was like, "Really? I think I call back few days back to clear that matter but you guys told me it’s shipped out." On top of that they offer me $6 credit for courtesy but that was a lie too. Because I went back to order again there was no cc in my account and when I call them back she said, "There’s nothing in the system and we cannot allow."

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Absolutely shocking customer service. Toms do not value their customers and do not fix the mistakes. Contacted them to notify that my rewards points had been lost earlier than they had said they would in an email sent to me by Toms. The service agent made no attempt to make it right in any way and just kept repeating they were expired. They lost a loyal customer today.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I ordered a pair of Toms online in the size I typically wear. The shoes fit; however, there is a sole defect that makes them uncomfortable to wear. I contacted Toms’ customer service and received a reply over 30 days later (the emails are dated) asking that I document the defect within 30 days! Unfortunately, I do need to keep these shoes and continue to wear them. Not only am I dissatisfied with the product but also the lack of customer service. Buyers, please keep this in mind.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Cute shoes, but they don’t last. I find it unsettling that lately the review section on Toms website is totally gone. I can’t read reviews of shoes anymore, or leave reviews. If I could, I would say the following:

-Every pair of classic shoes I’ve gotten from Toms has had these strange toe holes appear after about 6 months. I see other people with the same holes on their Toms, and we have laughed about it. It’s that common.

-I bought a pair of light pink shoes that started to have black marks on the top after a few months. Here’s the thing .. I don’t walk through tar. The stain came from the inside out, something about the fabric and the design. I tried every possible method to remove it, it is not a normal stain. It’s a design flaw. I’d see if others had this issue too but .. no reviews on the website anymore. They are ruined in my opinion. Total waste, wouldn’t have bought them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Purchased Toms wedge booties. Their claim to fame must be solely that they give a pair of shoes to those in need. These booties have zero arch support. Dont buy if if you have high arches. Not the best quality, trim is glued on and overlapping. For the price the quality should be higher.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

They have the absolute worst customer service I have had the misfortune of dealing with. The shoes were not labeled correctly but I am responsible for paying for the shipping. For a company that pretends to be about humanity, they sure are terrible humans. I will NOT be purchasing from Toms again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I bought several pairs of Toms during the summer of 2019, with very mixed results. Sizing was a huge problem. I ordered about six pair and most of them did not fit, despite the sizing guide. The shoes also did not look like they did online and several times I was quite disappointed with the product. Returns with Toms take forever; despite their insistence that they have streamlined the return process, the process is unduly lengthy, weeks instead of days to process.

My biggest complaint about Toms is that I purchased a pair of shoes for my elderly father, waited several weeks to give them to him in person and they did not fit. I immediately called Toms to explain and the customer service people had zero empathy for the situation and less than zero authority or empowerment to solve the issue. I was told that I was outside the return period. After several calls they promised that a supervisor would call, but no one ever did. I would give their customer service department very low marks. I've wasted a lot of time. I probably won't purchase TOMS Shoes again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

My first order never arrived despite USPS tracking saying it was delivered in my mailbox (lol shoes won't fit there). I live in a doorman (24 hours) building so there's no way the package was lost or stolen after being delivered. I spoke to live chat reps multiple times and 2 of them never responded. The third one said he escalated the issue and I should hear back via email. Never heard back. Finally called their phone support people and the lady was really nice and shipped out the same shoes for free with 2nd day air. So I got them in the end but obviously there's something shady with their shipping as multiple people have experienced the same issue as me.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I ordered shoes on Wednesday and it had my old address on it and didn't show that until after I completed the order. I immediately tried calling the customer service line to try to get it corrected. It went straight to a recording saying, "Thanks for calling. Our business hours are Monday through Friday 9-5, call back during those hours." Mind you I called at 1 PM on Wednesday. I tried several times. I then submitted a ticket to try to get it fixed. Next day I got a shipping confirmation to the old address after I had sent the new one in. I emailed again on Thursday, never heard anything back.

I called on Friday to check on my help ticket only to get "I see both of your emails in the system but I'm not sure why no one replied." "Okay, well can you figure out why no one replied?" She puts me on hold, comes back and says, "There was a glitch in the system on Wednesday." "Okay so why has no one responded to emails on Thursday or Friday?" She couldn't give me an answer. She said they wouldn't be emailing me back since I talked to someone on the phone. They did nothing to make the situation better and weren't helpful at all. I'm very disappointed in the customer service I didn't receive. I own 8-10 pairs of Toms and spent $200 on this last order. I doubt I will be buying anything else from them due to their customer service.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I can't stand Tom's Passport Rewards program. It is only good if you have enough points to get a pair of shoes for free that they offer. I had enough points to get a coupon for $25 off of a $100 purchase. So I redeemed points for it. No disclaimers are listed. I go to use the code on my next order right after redemption and told it was invalid. I receive an email from Tom's with the code and then here come all the disclaimers. Can't use the code on sale items. Well, Tom's, it would have be nice if you had listed the disclaimers before I redeemed my points. You can't get the points back and Tom's will not respond to any email asking a question or seeking help.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I love TOMS shoes and have worn them for years. I had a wedding to attend out of state and picked a shoe from TOMS I had been eyeing for a while. I ordered expedited shipping on 7/28 and was told the estimated arrival would be 7/31. On 8/1 my shoes had not arrived. I called customer service and was told that the order was in process and that it takes 24-48 hours to process. I ordered it Sunday, I was calling on a Thursday. I’d say that window had passed. I asked the customer service representative that I wanted him to cancel my order. He said he could not because it was in process. I never received any information that this shoe was on backorder or that my shipping date had been changed.

I did a telephone survey and gave them three stars (because I still love the shoes) and was told that I would get a call to help me resolve my issue. I am still waiting for that call. Today (8/7) I get notification that my shoes have shipped. No one offered to refund my money or pay for the cost of expedited shipping! This is absurd. I’m so sad, TOMS used to make a good product with a good aim but now it has sunk into shady business practices. I will never buy another pair of TOMS again. And I suggest you take your money elsewhere and invest in a product that is good and a charity that is deserving.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Bought 2 pairs at the same time. I wore each pair ONCE for 6-8 hours while walking around in an office building. Each pair after this single use had the following issues: Sole separated from the upper at both the toes and heel. Detailing around the sole fell off. For the price point these shoes should last considerably longer. I've had cheaper shoes wear much better. These shoes are gimmicky and poorly made. Don't waste your money.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Ordered the shoes 2 almost 2 weeks ago, picked 2-3 day shipping and have been delayed 3 times now and I called the customer service department and they just don’t care about your concern! They just take your money and later blame somebody else for their unprofessional approach. If anybody wants to order from them BE AWARE of not having it for at least 2 weeks!!! It’s a joke looking like it’s ran from somebody’s basement!

Original review: June 19, 2019

Ordered shoes for an event last Saturday and selected 2 day expedited shipping to ensure that they would arrive in time. Received a confirmation that day saying they would arrive by Wednesday 6/19. Received another confirmation from Tom's on Monday 6/17 saying they were shipped, included the UPS Tracking number and said they will arrive on Wednesday 6/19. They didn't come today and I received an e-mail from Tom's saying they should arrive tomorrow. So much for 2 day shipping!!!

When I called customer service to let them know they won't arrive in time for my event tomorrow at 10am they were less than apologetic and went on a 10 minute sob story about how something catastrophic could have happened to someone and their family and there is nothing they can do about shipping delays. As if there was some natural disaster going on! At this point all I wanted was the $14.99 that I paid for 2 day shipping returned to me as I was not getting expedited shipping. They refused! WORST customer service ever!!

Original review: June 1, 2019

These sandals worked great, until they didn't. I bought these for my husband in May 2018, and while on vacation this past May 2019, we were walking around the pool deck and the strap of the sandal became dislodged from the slot in the sole of the shoe where it was previously fastened. We are from Indiana, and "sandal weather" is really only between May-September, I think it's fair to say that these hardly even survived one season of wear. Needless to say, based only on our experience and the amount of life left in the shoe when it failed, I cannot recommend that anyone buys the TOMS Carilo Flip Flop.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes on 5/6/2019 and money was deducted from credit card. No shoes delivered and email received about order confirmation and but no shipping email. This company’s customer service never answers and receives call. Email doesn’t work. Don’t buy shoes from this online shopping. Now worried about my money which they have taken and no shoes delivered.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have owned 3 pairs of the canvas slip-on shoe. I wear them a lot, because I like how comfy they are. They fit very well. However, all three pairs have worn a hole on the the same foot, same place. In fact, one day when I was out and about, I looked down at someone else's feet wearing TOMS also, and she had the exact same hole in the same place! Not sure if these are just bad materials or what. I definitely bought the correct size. Not wasting my money anymore.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Don't order gifts from friendly "Toms". My Air Force son did not get his birthday gift. Their agent said my Air Force son's birthday gift was cancelled due to no good reason -- could be supply, address etc. Tom talks nicely but is not customer friendly like LL Bean -- avoid them for gifts. Mike, Retired Air force.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I bought these shoes for walking around. I was heading to Europe and needed some good shoes to walk in. That's what I thought these would be. After a long winter I finally could wear them again. The third time I wore them this spring I noticed a 4-inch tear along the fabric and sole. No shoes should have this significant of a tear when I paid 50 bucks for them.

Then I noticed that the interior fabric had come undone on along the heel and the side of the shoe. I can literally see the inside of the shoe through the tear and shouldn't have to superglue the interior fabric to get it to stay. I talked to customer service but their material defect claims only work for 30 days after the purchase. Also, a pair of Tom's Jutti flats cut my feet at 4 different spots, so badly I now have scars on my ankles. I emailed them and THEY NEVER RESPONDED. Their shoes used to be good, but they have let their quality suffer as their sales increased. I will never be buying a pair of Toms again.

Original review: April 9, 2019

MARCH 26: Order placed. Confirmation email received. MARCH 27: Email received that order has shipped. So far, so good. APRIL 2: Email received with header "Your Order Has Arrived." Included in this email was a summary of the order, a link to return policy details, and a suggestion that if I was unable to find my order, to "check all your doors, porches, decks, mailboxes, and the garage. If you live in an apartment, check your front desk or mailroom." Upon returning home from work, my package is nowhere to be found. When I used the USPS tracking number provided in the email, the delivery status said April 10. Hmm. Then WHY am I getting an email on APRIL 2 that says my order "has arrived"?! Original order never turned up.

APRIL 5: Used TOMS website chat function to describe the situation. They replaced the order with "Second Day Air" shipping via UPS. I asked that the package be delivered to my office this time, which the subsequent confirmation email confirms. APRIL 8: Email received that order has shipped. Great! APRIL 9: Email received from customerservice@toms.com saying that I am to pick up my package at a UPS shipping location 15 MILES AWAY. WHAT?!

I called TOMS to discuss this issue. The feckless employee who answered the phone saying that they shipped the shoes to the requested address but could not tell me why I would have received an email saying that I should pick up the shoes at some UPS shipping location out of town. He repeated that he doesn't work for UPS, but for TOMS. I GOT THE EMAIL FROM TOMS. With TOMS logo and contact information on it. This email came from TOMS. STILL NO SHOES. This is an absolutely absurd way to run logistics and the email communication is exceptionally unclear. Will never order online from TOMS again. Shameful.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes on a Sunday. As soon as I placed the order, I realized the address I submitted for delivery had autocorrected to an incorrect address. Immediately, I sent a message letting TOMS know. I assumed that because I a.) sent the message right away and b.) sent the message on a weekend before the order was even processed, TOMS would be able to help me change the address. This was not the case.

I sent out another message first thing on Monday and then initiated a chat with a customer service representative. During this conversation, I learned that because the order had already been placed (not processed, mind you, but placed), TOMS would not help me to change the address label. This was frustrating given how quickly I'd reached out to notify TOMS of the mistake, coupled with the fact that the shoes had not even left the building yet. The representative told me to contact USPS directly and see if they could help. It was 9:00 a.m. PST on a Monday and I'd already sent TOMS two messages and had one chat. It became clear that this would be no easy fix (though it certainly seemed like it should be) and in searching for a solution, I was going to have to give up a lot more time.

On my own, I found the contact information for USPS and sent them a message explaining the problem. By Tuesday morning, I had a response from them letting me know that because of the type of delivery service being used, there was nothing they could do from their end and in fact TOMS was requesting that I contact them directly to address the situation.

Once again, I reached out to TOMS and had another chat with a customer service representative. This second chat sounded eerily similar to my first chat and it was apparent everyone was using a script. I explained everything I'd been through so far and how the USPS had said there was nothing they could do on their end. I didn't really feel like I was asking for much — I just wanted my shoes delivered to the correct address. Alas, this representative informed me that there was nothing TOMS would do and I should — wait for it — contact USPS to see if they could help. I reminded the representative that I had already spoken to USPS, who also said they would do nothing to help, and I now felt like I was lost in a perpetual loop of not being helped by anyone. The representative said sorry, nothing we can do. I then asked if I could cancel the order entirely and was informed that it was too late for that as an option too.

I contacted USPS for a second time, explained the entire saga again, and was told again that because of the type of shipping service being used, their hands were tied. At this point I'd gone through so much back-and-forth that I didn't even want the shoes anymore. I reached out to TOMS again and this time, I was informed that I could have my mail redirected through USPS — a service that would cost $14 plus shipping. I'd already paid TOMS once for shipping. Basically I was told that if I wanted me shoes to arrive at the correct address, an address I'd informed TOMS of IMMEDIATELY after placing my order and long before anything was processed on their end, I would need to pay an additional $20, approximately. This was not a solution.

In the end, I ended up having to coordinate with the people at the address where my package was being sent to let them know that something was mistakenly being sent to them on my behalf. I feel lucky that they were so helpful to me (at last, someone was helpful!) and held onto the package for me and let me come pick it up a few days after it arrived. At that point I had very little interest in even wearing these shoes since it had been such an ordeal to receive them, but at least they were finally in my hands. Five messages to TOMs, two chats with customer service representatives, two messages to USPS, and two phone calls to the business where my shoes were ultimately sent is what it took for me to make sure I received my shoes. What a frustrating customer service experience.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Jan 19th - Tried to make a return, yet my purchase was not in my order history. Tried calling, 20+ min wait time each time and would never get someone to answer. So I emailed an inquiry to customer service explaining the situation, it took OVER A MONTH to get back to me. Feb 21st - They said they would waive the 60 policy. I told them they wouldn't have had to do that if they had responded in an appropriate amount of time. Sent in my returns at this time.

March 7th - Return finally received. But I was given STORE CREDIT. Called customer service, did not matter it was their fault. Just kept telling me "it's an automated system" that they can't override. Now I have to wait for my request to be approved to have a refund not store credit. 7-10 business days. Oh and if I don't hear anything (like last time) I should call again. UNACCEPTABLE. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. NEVER ONCE WAS THERE AN, "I'M SORRY FOR OUR MISTAKE, WE WILL TRY TO FIX THIS."

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

So after having a horrible experience with their customer service in December (would not answer e-mails, phone call hold times over an hour, live chat not working, won't exchange shoes for different sizes, etc.,) I decided to opt out of their mailing list. If you do that, they can't even spell right. They misspelled preferences wrong. Preferences or something egregious like that. I think this company is a scam!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased a pair of boots that ran small and needed to exchange them. There were no exchange or return instructions but I could create an account to find my order and proceed from there. Once my account was created it couldn't map to my purchase (although a 2015 purchase was shown) so I had to call customer service. For 10 days I never had a wait less than 30 minutes and never reached anyone. I went to the store to exchange but when that was not possible, I asked to return them, but they don't take exchanges or returns at their stores. I mailed them to Toms and received a "store credit". I will never wear Toms shoes again, I will not use that store credit as they now just make me upset. Their shopping model is unlike anyone else in the universe and I am thoroughly unhappy with them. None of these struggles was necessary and I have nothing but bad things to say about my experience with their product and company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes from Toms, received them but they were 1/2 size too big so attempted to return them for an exchange. I tried everything I could; their live chat is NEVER available, I e-mailed and never got a response, and tried calling numerous times but the wait times were always over 20 minutes. Finally I decided to stay on the line as long as it took and after about an hour I got someone to answer, but it was horribly staticky. This gentleman told me they do not do exchanges BUT would be happy to order me another pair in the correct size! Uh, no thanks. So I mailed the shoes back and now after reading all of these reviews I wonder if I'll ever get a refund. I have tried calling this week but get a voicemail that says they are "out and will be back tomorrow". So, when is tomorrow? Next month? Wish I had read these reviews before I shelled out over $100 for a pair of shoes.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

This shows that I ordered from Toms.com did not fit and came with no return information or label. It says to call Toms' customer service or email them, and I’ve done both repeatedly spending hours on hold. I need a refund for these useless shoes which I can’t wear. The obfuscation from Toms is to make it impossible to return anything which is wrong and an amoral business practice. I googled them after all this effort and there are countless accounts of how the company tries to make it impossible to return anything. It’s quite outrageous particularly for a company that professes goodwill.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I ordered shoes on Friday November 25th for a Black Friday "deal". Here I am today on December 17th wondering where is my Christmas present at? They make me wait 20 minutes on hold and tell me they were out of stock, my return email went to a junk bin which I religiously check and of course not there. They said this happens a lot during the holiday season and, "Sorry. Have a nice day." I would not recommend buying from them directly or even at all frankly.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have been purchasing TOMS Shoes for several years and recently experienced problems that required me to contact customer service. What a horrible experience - worst I have EVER had, anywhere. Trying to reach customer service by chat or by phone requires holding on for an hour at a time. I did this twice and still do not have the issue resolved. Have realized that while they may be doing good, there are plenty of other companies that do good work AND have good customer service. Finished with Toms Shoes.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Abysmal customer service! Never again! I had them intercept an order because I didn’t want it after a bad customer service experience. The email telling me that the package was intercepted was on 11/26. They received it back on 11/29. Still no refund as of today 12/11. I called and after 30 min on hold (after multiple unanswered emails) was told that the refund hasn’t been processed yet. According to the rep, it will take another 7-10 days for them to process it and then a week to 10 days for it to clear!!! That is $400 that I won’t be seeing anytime soon! Their hold when you call is ALWAYS upward of 30 min! Absolutely horrible! Where is the value to their customers?

TOMS Shoes Company Information