1.21/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

465 The Bradford Exchange Online Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I ordered my husband a ring for Christmas, never got it, they kept telling me so many different things. So I talked to them January the 16th. Still couldn't tell me when he would get his ring, so I canceled order. They should have been nice about it and gave him the ring after all the crap.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I ordered a personalized decanter set before Christmas and the delivery date was 1/22. They are not supposed to charge your card until the item is being shipped, but my card was charged. When I called I was told it was being prepared to be shipped. It was not. I was told to call back in 24-48 hours to ensure it had been shipped. So I did and of course it wasn't shipped. I every couple of days would check but to no avail. When speaking to CSR I insisted that some type of information should be sent to my email if there were any changes but there was zero communication. So on 1/17 of course I became really concerned because the delivery date was upon us. I checked to see if the item was shipped and the delivery date had been changed to 2/14. I called to cancel my order and the CSR did so without apologizing or trying to resolve any issues. They definitely lost a good customer.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My husband ordered the Wizard of Oz Cuckoo clock for my birthday. It arrived to the house broken due to the foam packaging inside the box, this was the shipping department's error. My husband being a disabled vet got so upset receiving this broken that it caused him to have a seizure. He was asked, "Can you glue the broken piece back". Are you kidding me??? A over $200 dollar gift and they wanted him to just glue it back... On a collectible at that. New order was made and we are told it will arrive before my birthday. The gift was ruined 'cause he had to tell me what had happened. So thank you Bradford Exchange for ruining my gift and your kind credit of 9.98 as a way to say you're sorry??? Ridiculous... Not to mention, you can't resolve anything with customer service cause they just don't care.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered a bridal set and when I received it the band and ring did not match at all, it was not at all like the picture. I returned it and customer service was good with sending out another one, once again they sent the same set that did not match. It was not even the same silver setting, the simulated diamonds on the band was completely different setting than the ring. It was so obvious that it did not match.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

It's now the THIRD time we've received invoices for items purchased that were not paid for, by false means. We have provided police reports (which is hard to get considering our local police can't do much since it's all out of state) and we were charged anyway. We had to contact our bank, who is very quick to help us and reverse charges, only to have the idiots at Bradford Exchange try to charge us again claiming that they have "proof" we received the product. Problem is that the delivery is in OHIO, not Texas and is in some ** neighborhood. No matter what, they are idiots, scammers and have no care or concern for the facts, only what they claim to be the situation or "proof".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Ordered a cool train for my 4yr old grandson. $89.99 paid at time of order. Got 2 pieces of a train. Thought, wow, rip off. 30 days later, got train tracks and another $30 charge - ripped off again. I'm busy, therefore decided just to make sure they couldn't charge again. Now I'm getting bombarded with bills for seriously past due because I'm not taking any more and removed my card so they can't charge more. Speaking with rep who says I signed up for 11 months of receiving the pieces! Really? For $89.99 plus $30 x 10 monthly payments after for a - let's be honest - it's not THAT great of a train! Goodness. Needless to say, I am sending the whole thing back. Never again will I buy anything from this group. Definitely feeling some trickery.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I would suggest that people stay away from any contact with The Bradford Exchange Online. Once they have your email address you will be bombarded with their email ads and they will not stop. I have "unsubscribed" numerous times to no avail. I have twice written directly to the company asking that my address be removed and have received no response. This is not the only area in which they are operating in violation of Federal regulations as their delivery procedures also fall under that category. Beware!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

In November 2018, my Aunt lost her only son. I found a ring on Bradford Exchange that I thought would be nice to send her. I ordered it, provided my Visa information (the SAME Visa that I used for two prior orders in July 2018) and thought all was fine. Continued to check to see if it had been sent. A few weeks go by and nothing. So, I phoned them. They explained that my Visa hadn't gone through so, I provided the information to them again (though perhaps I had input wrong info online). Was assured all was fine.

So today, I see that nothing has been billed to my account and the ring still hadn't been sent. So, once again, I phone them and was advised that "someone" in my household doesn't pay their bills and that if I wanted the item, I'd have to pay outright instead of the payment plan. I was floored. I have an 832 FICO score and they had no problems whatsoever on my previous orders in billing me monthly. I couldn't speak to anyone in their credit department. I believe because I canceled a "subscription" plan on one of the prior orders, I'm being blacklisted. I have NEVER NOT paid any bill due and this just makes me so angry. I canceled the order and WILL NEVER order anything from them ever again. I really thought they were a reputable company but am now sure they are not. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

After purchasing the item, it got in, and it looked really nothing like the photo. The quality was poor and it was expensive [$51.34] but I let it go because it was a gift for a co-worker. On the seventh of December they charged my card $51.34 before I had even received the gift and I thought, 'well that's okay so long as it comes in'. On the 27th, days and days and days after my charge and when I had received it I got an alert on my phone to tell me that I had made an 'online purchase' at the Bradford Exchange. I thought at first maybe the e-mail was late, but as it turns out I was wrong, AGAIN they charged me the initial price, and now when I'm trying to get in contact with them they ignore me.

I am infuriated because that is over $100 they have taken ILLEGALLY from me for some piece of crap music box that looks like a toddler made it. This site is a scam and I will voice that out for everyone who is thinking of purchasing something from them just don't. The quality doesn't match the price you paid for it, and they will continue to steal money from you even WEEKS after you paid. This site is full of crooks and common criminals.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

They charged my account twice in same month! Totally unfair and not right. Be warned, don't believe them telling you you'll only be charged once a month. Then they put me on hold, hoping I'd go away. After 15 minutes, I hung up and called back and they still acted like they didn't have sense enough to fix their screw up. Which, maybe they didn't. I'll never deal with Bradford Exchange again or the Hamilton Collection.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I ordered the Santa train snow globe for my grandson's first Christmas. The clear liquid in the globe has turned a murky brown and the train does not work properly. This item cost around $185. It was intended to be a keepsake. Not going to happen.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I ordered an Air Force Pride Men's Hoodie on 11/29/18 for a Christmas gift for my boyfriend. I now find out it's not being shipped until 1/18/19! This company is in Illinois! I live in Massachusetts! Why does it take almost 2 months to ship?! When I ask them this question, I never received a response. EXTREMELY unprofessional! I will never do business with them again! Buyers beware!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I called Bradford Exchange Customer Service to check the status of my order. I had ordered a personalized bracelet for my son, and was concerned as to why it was taking so long. I spoke to a representative, named Luciano, who helped me really well. You should ask for him. If he doesn't answer ask for a supervisor.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

We have paid over 140 for a welcome plaque and they continue to take money stating it's for the next piece... There was only 3 pieces to the collection and I have 2. Today they took 48.98 and 41.11 for the last piece... Worst scam company there is. If I could rate 0 I would.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered checks via mobile device. When I called to check on the status I was told the account and routing numbers didn't go through (we took a picture as prompted and got no error e mail). I was told by customer service I had received an email stating they needed the account and routing information. I asked them why would the confirmation email come through to my inbox but not a subsequent email? So I looked in my spam and there was no other email from Bradford Exchange. So it's almost Christmas and my mom has no checks. Unnecessary stress on the elderly should be a crime.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered a handbag on December 7th or 8th and chose the shipping that would be here for Christmas (17th-21st). I had to call back on the 17th and after being on hold for 20 minutes at 7am, I was given a tracking number. I tracked the package and it said delivery on the 21st by end of day. On the morning of the 21st, I received a text from the shipper saying they rescheduled it for the 26th! I called Bradford Exchange and they told me to call back after I received it. I explained I was very unhappy and would like to settle it today without calling back and they said they would have to wait until after I received it late and I then call back. I asked for a Manager and they said Manager's don't take calls.

After talking a few more minutes and getting nowhere, I asked to talk to his boss and he said, "Oh, I can get you to a supervisor!". I waited a ridiculous time for a supervisor. Bradford Exchange customer service is a joke and their shipping was not close to accurate. The 7th or 8th showed plenty of time to get item and should have been but still didn't happen!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

On 11/27/2018, I placed an order for a personalized music box as my granddaughter’s Christmas gift, which is what she wanted from Grandma. My original shipment date was Dec. 11-24. As our family Christmas party was on Dec. 22nd, I called Bradford and was told the music box would certainly be delivered by the 21st. On a regular basis, I accessed the website to check the delivery status. As of Dec. 17, the status changed to “will ship on Dec. 18.” Fortunately, I checked the status again on Dec. 20 and the ship date had changed to JANUARY 22! Totally unacceptable AND Bradford did NOTHING to let me know about this delay. When I called Customer Service, I was told there was an “unexpected delay.” I canceled my order and will never order another item from Bradford!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I received a solicitation around Thanksgiving. A few days later I ordered a Christmas gift of a necklace from them. It was almost a month before Christmas. I started wondering why I hadn't heard from them, so I contacted them, and they said I would not receive the gift in time for Christmas. They said they were backlogged. How embarrassing that I would have Christmas Day and no gift for my wife. The fact they are backlogged is not my problem, as their customer. Hire more people! Very disgusted and will not do business with them again. After raising some heck, I finally received an e-mail that my item shipped on Dec. 18th, and to expect to receive it in 5-9 business days! My wife will be lucky if she gets her Christmas gift my New Years! Company is evasive, full of excuses and have really embarrassed me. Bad, bad, bad... I will never use them again!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

NEVER ORDER FROM THEM. Horrible company. Do not buy from this company. You will be very frustrated with the end result! Take heed to all warnings, as this company will charge your checking account and post a picture, harass you via email regarding items in your cart. Once you order and get excited about item, the unthinkable happens, it's the WRONG DOLL. Also ordered a hoodie with wallet. It looks cheaply made, nothing like pictures on website. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. I have over 20 yrs Customer Service experience. Their CS are the worst ever! Then when you ask to speak with a manager someone from the help desk takes the call. So unheard of, I only gave it a star just to be able to post my comment. DO NOT...I REPEAT! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! I had to go and purchase other items due to quality of the items and the wrong doll being sent.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered two personalized bracelets. They came shipped in an envelope. One was broken. Called their Customer Service Dept located somewhere other than the US. They were supposed to send me a replacement bracelet. According to them they did, but it was never received. It did not require any signature. So it is now Dec. 20, 2018 and I do not have a bracelet for my one granddaughter. Not even so much as an apology from the woman I spoke with, TERRIBLE Company. This is the second time I had a problem with them. Two years ago I ordered two personalized music boxes and they both came with the same name on both boxes.

WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I just acquired a set of The Bradford Exchange Budweiser Train Set with the Anheuser Busch Factory. If you like vastly overpriced, cute, but non-functional things this might be for you. As an operating train set, it sucks. The couplers don't stay together and the cars don't stay on the tracks. It does look nice, but there are better ways to spend $ 400+. I bet all those folks who bought Thomas Kincaide items are loving the way their collectibles are depreciating.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

On 10/29 was placing an order initially for three items. 1 item was listed that it would not arrive until between December 17th and the 24th. Since that time span was unacceptable I clicked the remove of that item and paid for the other to buy PayPal. Then on November 8th I decided to order something else. Order the item and pay through PayPal no problems. I checked my account it showed that I had completed payments for all three items. On December 18th received email from my PayPal account but they were charging me $162 for the Bradford Exchange. As I had already paid for the other three items and had received them I did not understand. I checked both PayPal and my Bradford account nothing pending.

Called December 19th and spent over an hour on the phone. They had it listed that I'd ordered this item twice both on the 29th and then again on the 11th but it was not showing up on my account. They said they couldn't find that account number at first then they finally did but they said, "Oh no. These are all showing up the three you have received and the two that you're going to receive on another account number.” They could not explain they could not cancel the order so I'm going to have to wait because FedEx will not cancel the order and the Bradford Exchange will not cancel the order. I have to wait until they arrived at my door which is sometime before 8 p.m. on Friday and refuse them and send them back. I wanted an explanation about the two accounts they said, “Well let's fix it so that you can see the count we have listed for you.”

There was no way for me to access the account number they have listed. They told me, "Let's start all over.” Unfortunately the email address is already in the system so it keeps showing the number I'd already had which did not show those two items ordered. They said that must be an old account I said, “But the other that were listed as being ordered during that time period are listed there and showed as paid. Is just the mysterious two items that you say are ordered that don't show up.” They gave no explanation. They said they would email me information since I couldn't tell what account they had for me and they would not cancel either account. A very very careful with this company if you order something online.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered a great granddaughter personalized music box on November 15 and they sent a confirmation that it would be delivered between December 12 through the 17th. Today is December 19 and no gift will be coming because they never shipped it. They just gave me an apology and could not find another gift to send in the meantime. Horrible company. Do not buy from this company. You will be very frustrated with the end result!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Avoid at all costs. I placed an order with them for 2 boxes of checks on December 16. I received my order confirmation for $15.12 and was told my checks would ship within 12-15 business days. On December 18 at 5:19 am I received an email from them stating that the price they gave me was not accurate and that they were changing my price to reflect the current pricing of $31.54. At 6:25 am on December 18, I sent an email to their customer service department (who wasn't open yet per their voicemail - I tried calling first) that I did not approve of the price change and that I would prefer to cancel my order.

At 6:40 am on December 18 (again, still prior to their office opening for me to be able to call - I tried again to do so), I got another email in response to my cancellation request stating that it was too late for me to cancel my order because it's already in process. I responded to that email that I will be disputing with my credit card company and will refuse the shipment if it does arrive. It is complete and utter BS to be able to change the price and not allow the customer an opportunity to change their mind. They more than doubled the price. Absolutely unacceptable. I'll be broadcasting this BS across the internet. I've already called my card company to initiate the dispute, and will absolutely be following up with Bradford Checks when their customer service department is open. IF they decide to see reason, I'll update my review.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Updated on 12/25/2018: I ordered a personalized ornament on 11/14/18 for my granddaughter through PayPal. I verified the personalized information per their request and placed the order. Long story short, after several phone calls and an agent telling me that the item had been shipped (and it had not) I called PayPal. PayPal cannot accept a placed charge from a company when it surpasses 29 days. To bypass that, Bradford Exchange altered my invoice to reflect a different price making it look like it was an additional order so PayPal accepted it. Forty+ days later (Christmas Eve) the ornament arrives. The ornament reads: "To my daughter, I love you to the moon and back". Enough said. Don't waste your money.

Original Review: I ordered an ornament on 11/14/18 to ensure delivery by Christmas. The delivery date was supposed to be 12/13/18 but it didn't arrive. I phoned the company and received a rude response from an agent who indicated that the ornament had shipped two days prior. I knew that wasn't possible as the charge had not hit my credit card. I called PayPal and was told that they have a 29 day policy and that when the company tried to collect the $50.82 it would not process because it was over the limit. The Bradford Company tried to process and it was rejected. They then fraudulently changed the amount to $50.38 and PayPal, thinking it was another transaction, accepted the charge. At this time, PayPal and Visa are looking into this fraudulent activity by this disreputable company. I was assured by both that a refund would be forthcoming and their security department would look into the practices of this company.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Hello, I placed this order back in November as to give ample time for it to arrive by Christmas. Aside from an email thanking me for my order, I received no further correspondence. I called and they told me that the item was on backorder (and no one bothered to email, call, send a smoke signal...nothing) so I asked if it would be arriving in time for Christmas to which they replied, "Yes, it would be shipped on the 14th of Dec." Something told me to follow up, so I called a few days later and was then told that it would be arriving to their facility on Dec. 18th and they would make sure that it arrived by Christmas. I then received an email stating that the item would be shipped anywhere between four to six weeks but they could not provide a definite date.

I called them back today and they stated that it would be arriving to their facility on January 18th and I would receive it after that. Needless to say I cancelled this order and I would highly recommend that anyone considering ordering from this vendor not to. Unless you are in no particular rush to receive your item and don't really care when or if your order will ever be shipped. Additionally when you do call be ready to wait a minimum of 20 minutes to get someone on the line. Highly disappointed in this company!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I placed an order with this company on 12/15/18. When I placed this order money was automatically deducted from my bank account. Never did I get an order number, I called back and requested an order number and the number that I was given was didn't even have an order attached to it when trying to pull it up online. I called the company this morning and was on the phone for over an hour for them to tell me that they can cancel my order because I would have to pay in full for both dolls totaling over 400 dollars. This was never explained when my order was originally placed.

After I asked her to cancel the order the lady said it was cancelled and that the money would be put back on my card. I asked her if I could get a reference number confirming my order was cancelled the rep gave me her name. She stated there was no reference number to give to me but ensured the money would be put back on my card in 5-7 business days. This is money that I could be spending on my children elsewhere. I'm so disappointed in the entire company and myself for not looking into the reviews prior.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

So, I ordered this necklace on 11/8/18 to give as a X-mas present. The online price said $98 and some change. The estimated delivery date said 12/3/18. I had to call in to customer service 2 times. The first time was to make sure that they received my order because no payment was removed from my credit card by 12/1/18. The 2 second time was because I received an email from The Bradford Exchange stating that my purchase won't be mailed to me until 12/18/18 so I wouldn't get it in time for X-mas. The CSR said the email was wrong and gave me the tracking number. I finally got the necklace on 12/13/18 and they finally charged my credit card for for the product once they mailed it. The price they charged my cc was $2 less then what was quoted online. Now, the product is cute but the engraved name was so tiny that I had to get a magnifying glass to see it. I'm not returning the product but beware - the lettering is really small.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I ordered this Nov 6th 2018, going on 6 weeks later and shipping details states it won't be shipped til Jan 2nd 2019. But customer service swears it was a Christmas guarantee and will be shipped before Christmas. All of these bad reviews have me worried that I won't get the gift for my daughter-in-law in time. I have called 3 times and they all say the exact same thing. It'll be here by Xmas... So we shall see.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My mom has been a long time Bradford Exchange customer. We received a set of TK Snowglobe Candles and didn't even pay attention to the soggy box they came in. When my husband opened the box and removed the styrofoam cover, unbeknownst to both of us, one of the glass candles had severed from the base lacerating his finger. It was apparent the oil/water mixture had leaked out of the globe softening the packing materials. When the 2nd candle was taken out of the "saran wrap", it too was broken. My mom contacted Bradford Exchange and they did order a replacement set and credited her for the order (point for Bradford Exchange). I received the replacement box tonight - once again the box was soggy in all 4 corners. I decided to take pictures this time - before and after opening the box before unwrapping the candle.

Lo and behold once the plastic was peeled back the candle was once again severed from the base. So now all the products are going to be in tomorrow's trash. Bradford Exchange has lost a longtime customer and I will personally NEVER buy anything from them. Between poor packing materials and what I can only think is poor craftsmanship this isn't worth the materials they're packed in. If I was shipping something that fragile I would not only place in styrofoam, but I'd wrap them in bubble wrap not saran wrap, and I would pack them in a box a little thicker than your standard soda box. There is no excuse for this - Quality Control should be a part of their business practice.

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Information