Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

The Bradford Exchange Online Reviews

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I ordered a series but decided to cancel it. I called. Took forever waiting. Final talk to a lady. She said she cancelled it all! But then this month I see a charge on my credit card from them. Why? I don’t know. I had cancelled any further items in series! Rrrr! Now once again I will have to sit and wait till I can get thru to ask them why? Once again I will be told it’s taken care of and watch next month charge will appear again! Probably have to cancel card! What a pain!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

So I purchased an item on 2/4/2020. I was assured it would be here by the 14th. The item was $129.00. As of yet, I have not seen the item pop up on the card I used for payment. Usually, the payment is taken right away. Well now it is the 13 and I get a notice that it will not be sent until the 17th. I got several notices before this but they were still stating that it would arrive on or before the 14th. This item has not even shipped yet. I am a web designer by hobby. I tell you this because I looked everywhere for a refund link or a cancel order link. There are none. This is common practice for a shady biz. Not to mention, their support line does not exactly give you the right information and wastes your time. It does tell you to request a "refund card" or something like that unto which they want all your information.

I cant even bring up the order for the price I apparently was supposed to of paid. Well I thought this was all fishy and so (like I should have done before going here and giving them my information) I started looking at the reviews. I only saw 1 - 5 star rating and that's because it was an accident. The review was like the rest. So I promptly asked for a refund which I find like the rest, I may have a serious uphill battle. Lets see what the response is that I should be getting here shortly. I will follow up on this experience. Also, I was pretty sure I made an account with these people and now, I am not even in the system. The login doesn't even recognize my email yet I am getting updates.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Very rude and unprofessional customer service. CONSUMER BEWARE!!! This company is very shady. I can't believe they stay in business. I called to ask a simple question about the payment options and the shipping cost and what the first payment would be and they would not give a clear answer.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I returned a battery operated Christmas Wreath with their return label. After one month, heard nothing. Protested the charge to my credit card company. Sent them the return material. They credited my account. One month later they denied my claim. Now I don’t have any proof that I returned the item. Screwed out of $159. Don’t bother returning any item.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Item ordered early Dec 2019 to be delivered by Christmas to my veteran husband. Sp to rep early Feb who said item backordered and would be delivered to me in Mar coming from China claiming personalization took longer. The Bradford Exchange knew the item would be backordered and kept accepting orders w/ indifference to customer disappointment and inconvenience. I had to renege on the order and disappoint my husband about his gift. The Bradford Exchange has sunk in its standards and, therefore, in its reputation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Ordered two boxes of replacement checks. The next day I got a request to activate my check fraud account. Huh? I found that they had added $13+ to my check charges for fraud warning coverage. Had to argue with a supervisor that I would never buy any product like that. He finally agreed to reverse the charges for the fraud protection.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I purchased the Mickey Mouse Proof Coin from The Bradford Exchange. It says clearly on the listing that it is $39.99 plus $4.95 shipping. I paid that and received the coin a few weeks later, no problem. To my surprise, I got shipped a huge display case and an additional coin a month later. When I went to check my bank statement, I was also charged an additional $25 at this time as well. Nowhere does it say during the checkout process that you will be charged an additional amount later. Nowhere on the item listing is a display case shown, and I see the only mention of it is in small print in the description. The listing insinuates that you get the display with the coin at no additional cost. I only keep it from a one star because I contacted them and they agreed to do a return for me and refund me. I can only imagine how many others they have swindled.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I ordered a 3-piece lantern for my sister. I paid for it. Then I checked my PayPal account. They were charging me $85 monthly. I called them and they said I signed up for the collection that is mailed monthly. No way, there was nothing when I checked out regarding monthly lanterns. This is the most deceptive company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT buy anything from them. I have called both PayPal and Chase credit.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I bought Mickey and Minnie denim jacket for my wife in August. It is stated that the payment is through installment, automatic deduction with my Paypal. They deducted the first payment, but after that apparently they did not do this automatically. Earlier in 2020, I was asked by dept collector to pay as if I have never paid - and I have to pay much more than the price of the item. I tried calling with no answer to the company, which left me no option than paying the "debt" which I should never pay. I will recommend dealing with this company to anyone. I wish I read these reviews in this forum before I did my purchase with them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I bought a humingbird crystal from their site. Next thing i know, i saw another pending charge on my credit card a few weeks later. I called them immediately the next day and they told me i had both a collection. I asked them to cancel order but they said it was already sent and i can return it after i received it. This was 1 day after the date my credit card was charged! What i find disturbing and deceiving was that they posted 2 identical images and nearly identical ads for the same item, except one is supposed to be collection that you are buying. Then they automatically charged your card afterward for the following item without even sending any invoice or notification. They didn't have any check box for you opt-in on the auto payment or any type of consent for the auto pay during check out.

The payment process is the same as any other one time purchased that you would pay online for that a particular item. Not to mentioned, the ads never have any indication of what the collections looks like. They blindly send you whatever is next. This is really deceptive of their business. I was so upset that i have thought about legal action. If you are a lawyer, please check out their business. If you think a class action case can be brought towards them, I will definitely bring my case along. On top of all this, their customer service was untrained and rude when i called to process the return.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Information