3.9/5 (658 ratings)

About The Bradford Exchange Online

The Bradford Exchange Online Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I would rate NEGATIVE 5 but didn't have option as minimum is 1 to be able to write a review... My Mom is 98 since April 2022. Earlier this year as I was going through her accounts, I found cashed checks totaling over $600 to Bradford Exchange. (Coins they would send and bill later for). She tried to stop them by returning a coin and writing to not send anymore unless she specifically asked for more. (Caregiver assisted her as Mom was embarrassed to advise us what was going on.) A collection letter showed up to pay around $81 or collection proceedings would commence?

When I called Bradford's listed number I was prompted to dial 2030 for which I would be charged a$5.00 fee? After a phone number search, and a few attempts, leaving call back numbers, and waiting on hold multiple times for up to 1 hour, a man finally answered. After I explained the situation, the man confirmed they did receive previous payments, BUT never got the last 2 coins back and so money was due. I explained how coins were actually returned and theoretically, I could have just claimed we never received the coins he was claiming he sent. I told them they already got over $600 from my mom and asked them to credit the account and close the collection agent file.

He arrogantly refused... I told him I would then take the option of returning ALL the coins and asking for the full refund as their advertisements claim you have 365 days to return everything for full refund. He placed me on hold and I thought that would work but he came back to me and said... OK. Return everything and he would send us a refund once they got everything back? I cant trust them and didn't want to pursue this further with them as they would just claim the same thing that they never got anything back... They weren't going to do anymore except continue to demand payment.

I called collection agent (Kingston Data And Credit) who were also of no assistance. You had to leave messages for them to call back and when they did, they said I couldn't talk on my mom's behalf, SO, I went back to her apartment where now, no one answered... They called me to say they called her for permission, but she claimed she didn't know what it was about and couldn't reply without me (98 years old and now afraid of phone scammers so doesn't entertain their questions).

I went back to her condo and called again and got someone, who checked with Mom that it was OK to talk for her. THEN, they said... SORRY... They couldn't cancel anything as I would have to get it cleared up with Bradford Exchange. I said, well, to never expect a payment as Bradford made the error. Fast forward about 3 months later, and we received a threatening letter stating we had 7 days to pay or we'd be reported, we'd have a bad credit rating listing which could take up to 7 years to clear up once settled.

Mom is 98 years old and with over 50 years with credit cards, her own business, etc. And never a bad credit issue, near end of her life, this was unacceptable... SO, since I was away, I instructed my sis to just pay it. Now, I called back and got a supervisor at Bradford Exchange who seems to be more compassionate then previous people I dealt with. She agreed to cancel final bill we just paid, but she claims they never got the payment for. Once I send proof, she says she will refund the amount? Proof being sent tomorrow. The amount of time we expensed in resolving this issue is worth hundreds of dollars if not more, but finally, it may be over soon. I wouldn't deal with this type of company ever again and hope my story is fair warning for all others..

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I recently purchased a coin as a one-off present for my wife in June 2022. Since then I have been inundated with post from BE. Which I feel is huge waste of paper. They recently sent out a coin addressed to my wife, with a letter to myself, without asking if we wanted it. The letter which was dated 21st July 2022 states that no charge was due and that "payment only due if you retain & add it to your collection" so appears they have provided it free for 14 days and then intend to charge me for something I have not requested however they actually charged me £43.94 on the 18th of July before the letter had even been sent. Additionally it would appear if I want to return this item I'm going to have to pay to get it sent recorded delivery.

I spent over 25 mins holding on the phone on Wednesday 3rd July to try and speak with a member of their team to discuss this issue and was unable to speak with anyone and I will have to waste further time returning the coin. They state on their website "We will aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible; however, where an immediate resolution cannot be reached, we will aim to resolve your complaint, within a period of two working days." I sent an email three days ago Wednesday 3rd and have had no response. I feel this is an unacceptable approach to sales and customer service.

I would advise potential buyers to be very wary of this company. I will be contacting the ombudsman and taking this complaint further as it appears this company may be charging people without consent (stealing). Additionally, although they haven't responded to my correspondence, they had the gall to send me an email with a customer satisfaction survey and several other emails promoting items I do not want. Hopefully I won't get charged for them.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I ordered one item of Christian praying hands back in June for $70. July comes around and I see charges on my account for similar items at $60 each twice on my card. I spoke to a representative and thought I had the issue resolved, but that same week I found another charge of $60 on my card and nothing was even shipped to my home. Why am I getting charged and where are the items? Please stop taking my money.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I called Bradford to confirm the watch functions before I ordered it.. They confirmed the functions I requested did work... They did not.. They were for cosmetics only... and the warranty card had someone else's handwritten name in it... They sent me a used watch and lied to me about its functions to get the sale....

Original review: July 22, 2022

I ordered a coin costing £4.69 from this company, next thing they sent me a coin I had not asked for and took £43 from my account for this coin. I used their own envelope to return it with a note saying I did not ask for it and to refund my money and not to send any more. They subsequently sent two more coins that I also returned! They say they have not received the first coin returned and as such will not refund my money for a coin I didn't even ask for nor want. Be very careful when ordering stuff as I told them twice not to send anything else and now I am £43 out of pocket with no coins and no chance of refund as they refuse.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Sign up with one click. Easy. Cancel at any time! Yeah... not so much. The 10% off or free shipping is totally not worth the effort required to get the rebate, or even cancel your subscription. I eventually had to just contact my card company and tell them to stop paying this company.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I had an issue that I needed resolved and had only commented on a FaceBook post from The Bradford Exchange. A representative reached out to me shortly after I had posted and through communications, my issue was immediately resolved. It is so nice to find a company that cares about its customers and does what it can to make them happy.

Dale W.

Original review: April 5, 2022

This was a birthday gift paid for me in full by my sister. I continue to get overdue statements. Even after sending emails and sending information on the statement. And a daily offer to buy more items. Never again!

Original review: April 5, 2022

Wow never told us was a subscription get charged 60 every week or so get a piece of plastic with paint once a month and come to find out it is a 20 piece set so they can keep charging me 60 dollars. Whenever you want you need to make things clear on your website. No one is willing to pay almost 1500 or more for some plastic pieces.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Several times a week, I receive an invoice from the Bradford Exchange in the mail. I have NEVER ordered anything from you. Why are you mailing invoices to me for items I didn’t order and never would have ordered? I’d estimate that I have received at least 20 of these notices from you in the past two months. Sometimes, two arrive the same day for different items. I understand that some of my neighbors have the same problem. If this is a scam, it is a really stupid one. For example, here’s one I’ve received more than once for a “patriotic faith dog tag.” I am not patriotic, have no faith, and no dog. Are you connected to Trump? Please explain and STOP! You are wasting trees. Laura ** Pasadena CA 91107

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Information