1.15/5

504 The Bradford Exchange Online Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I called Bradford Exchange Customer Service to check the status of my order. I had ordered a personalized bracelet for my son, and was concerned as to why it was taking so long. I spoke to a representative, named Luciano, who helped me really well. You should ask for him. If he doesn't answer ask for a supervisor.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I was concern to purchase anything from here because all the bad reviews. So I took the risk on ordering my niece the frozen snow globe. I order it on December 3rd and it arrived less than 5 days later. I was worried because her birthday is on Christmas and hearing all the reviews I was concern it would not make it. It did and it was absolutely beautiful! Thank you Bradford Exchange and I definitely will be getting other things from you in the near future!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Bradford Exchange customer service is courteous and competent. Their phone number (1-866-503-9057) is easy to find online. Their hold music is enjoyable and wait time wasn't excessive. The CSR I spoke to helped by also removing my wife from their mailing list. As always it takes a while to stop receiving mail, but I receive almost no junk mail (my wife receives a lot).

Original review: May 20, 2019

I came here to research whether or not to buy an item for my 86-yr-old mother. I am shocked at how many customers have the same negative things to say about this company: items being delivered without consent; many times, they are delivered months after the initial shipment, items that are found to be defective, of poorer quality than expected, or that are found to be worth much less than imagined, etc. I am so grateful I came to this site. It pains me to think of the heartache my mother would have experienced, and to consider how much wasted time and aggravation we may have experienced as a result of my purchasing a musical glitter globe with a cardinal inside to remind my mother of her son who died in December last year (the first child of seven to die). Shame on this company. My question is: why isn’t the Fraud Dept of some agency doing something about this travesty?!?!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Buyer beware! I cannot imagine how the Bradford Exchange is still allowed to operate in the incredibly shady way they operate. You cannot buy one single item - the purchase of any one item locks you into a "subscription" for a collection that can last FOR YEARS!!! This is blatant fraud! On many items, nowhere will you see it notated that the item will lock you into a subscription. And nowhere on the website can you cancel the subscription and nowhere does the website give you information on how to cancel. You have to take a guess and google the customer service phone number because the Bradford Exchange doesn't even list a customer service number. This is ridiculous - they need to be shut down!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

Original review: May 14, 2019

This snowglobe purchased is supposed to be a collectors item. It’s not 2 years as yet but the item has deteriorated - discolored - yellow on the inside. I have contacted them and they refused to acknowledge that it is a collectors item, but made it clear that it is no longer under warranty. My $150.00 sure did not deteriorate in their hands!!! I am left to the impression that they are not reputable and sell inferior items for high prices - they should be shut down!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

Ordered a collection train set, (key word, SET). First engine $79.99 + shipping & services $9.99. Plus tax. In my state, tax is 10% which should be $8.00. Not suppose to tax "services." Anyway when I clicked Order Now, Bradford charged me $19.94 for S&S and applied a 13% tax to the total. I called and a "John" with a very foreign accent and very hard to understand could not answer as to why I was being charged twice the amount for S&S and kept telling me the tax was estimated. With no satisfaction, I let it go.

Next month, 2nd engine arrives and CC billed as scheduled. And the next month, my ordered was cancelled. WHY? This time I communicated via email. They said the train SET was discontinued. Why would a company advertise a SET and not have a SET to sell? My whole experience with Bradford has been disheartening at best.

Original review: May 10, 2019

As a concerned consumer I will express to you not make the mistake I made in purchasing their product. They Falsely Advertise the quality of their product. I purchased a ring back in October of 2018, received it in November. Started wearing it in January. My ring has started rusting and turning black. Will someone please explain to me how does a sterling silver turn Back???? I called Bradford and the receptionist hung up on me when I asking my concerned questions. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME!!!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I ordered a light up alien display collection. I received all lighters and was happy. 2 yrs later I receive an alien lighter and when I called to say I didn't order it, they said it was part of the alien collection that they have continued. The display I offers that the picture and the lighters that came with it, this lighter was not in it but they made another lighter 2 yrs later and billed my c.c.. Will never order anything else from them. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I ordered a product in September. I did not sign up for the collection subscription. Since then I have been charged monthly for the collection. The product has been sent to the receiver without my consent. I have tried to contact them. As instructed on their website, you need to fill out a form. I did multiple times with no response. Charges kept appearing on my cc. The only number given was for placing orders only.

I finally googled a number for Bradford Exchange. I was waiting for 27 min before I finally had to hang up. The only recourse I had was to call my cc company and place a stop on any charges from Bradford Exchange permanently. My cc company temporarily credited my acct the fraudulent charges. They will contact Bradford's bank with a fraudulent claim. They have 2 months to respond. In the meantime, all charges from Bradford will not go through. Do not deal with this company!!! I usually read reviews on a company before I purchase a product. This time I didn't. I wish I had. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this problem.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Customer service was great however, I had to return the item twice because the train would not work properly. I finally decided to order something else, so we will see how that goes. The items look so beautiful in the pictures and once you get the items they’re not quite as vibrant in colour.

Original review: April 27, 2019

This is a horrible company. Once I placed an order online. They kept my credit card illegally. Every month they sent a piece of statue to my house and charge my credit card without my consent. I am going to take legal action. This company should NOT exist in Canada!

Original review: April 27, 2019

Back in November I ordered Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl Christmas tree. I never have received everything promised. Got 4 shipments. Still missing items. Last spoke to them in February 2019. Promised shipment in 9 days. It's April. Still nothing. I gave up. Tired of wasting my time. Agents more concerned with selling me more stuff rather than fulfilling order. Very overpriced. But as Eagles fan I paid. Never buying from them again. Still get mailings. I immediately shred.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I was overcharged. They took 64.63 twice from me, it was suppose to be only once. The Customer service is terrible. They will not refund me, Unless I send the whole thing back. I just want them to refund me 64.63 instead of the whole thing. It was 49.99 plus tax and shipping which is 64.63 (that’s it). I’m so disappointed.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I ordered the above collection for my daughter. After I received all the set, I kept getting charged to my debit card to the tune of $312.77 for an order that I was only invoiced for $108.59. The angles were pretty and very nice but when I called they said I will keep getting billed for the entire collection. I only ordered the collection, received one invoice, and yet apparently more were coming. The site is purposely set up to be confusing, even when I ordered the angles, I wasn't sure if I ordered one or the complete set of 4. Turns out I signed up to continue paying them forever. Customer Service is obviously very adept at dealing with this, from all the complaints I read on the BBB, this site, and the way they dealt with me. Long story short, it's too bad that they have to practice fraudulent practices, I would of ordered from them again next year if they didn't operate the way they do. In the end called my bank to ensure no more charges are processed.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I bought a Super Bowl coin for the wife and they charged me 57 bucks which was ok. Then a month later they stated other charges so I called and found out it was a collection and they kept doing recurring charges which I never signed up for. I read other comments and apparently I am not the only one with this problem. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 10, 2019

A beautiful picture of “crystal pendant” with cardinal is advertised, what was delivered to me was cheapest plastic, not worth 10.00 pendant. Having seen Bradford exchange in the FIRST (and many other) magazines for years one would think that they were on the up and up? I wish I had looked this site up before the order. Be aware that this company deals in junk. Junk advertising and JUNK products.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I ordered a present for my daughter-in-law. The site had issues so I called in the order. I told him what I wanted and thought I was done. I was signed up for three different series orders instead of one. I found out by the multiple times I had drafts out of my account. I had to close the card I put it on so they would stop charging my account. I called and made sure everything was canceled. I called back a week later to verify and thought I was done with it. I started receiving boxes from them and called.

They told me to not accept them and they would be returned. A month later I started receiving bills from three different places with the Bradford Exchange. I called and they said I still owe money for the boxes I received. I told them we only received the one and I paid for it. They said no. I need to pay more money. After 7 months of arguing with them I talked to a gal that said if I pay 39.95 it will all go away. I said you won't bother me anymore and I will not owe anything more if I pay 39.95. She that is correct. I paid it and hoped for the best.

She said wait 6 weeks and no more bills will come. I got a bill after the 6 weeks and called. They said no I still owe 39.95 after the previous payment. I said I was told it was all taken care of. He said she was wrong and I still owe. How do I want to pay. I said I won't pay anymore because I have overpaid and have a tree with an ornament to show for it. He said I have to pay. They have now sent me to collections and when I call I am on hold for almost 15 minutes and the line goes dead. I think they are a sham and wouldn't trust them with anything. Never give them your card number.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Today, I was shocked that an unauthorised payment was taken from my bank account by The Bradford Exchange Online. It was for a fictitious internet order with the Irish Bradford Exchange Online, an order that I did not make. I received an email from them at 3.30 am writing that the order is ready to dispatch. They took my money at 2.30 am from my account without my consent.

The first time (and will be the last time) I dealt with this company was on the 4th of March. I made an internet order with the The Bradford Exchange Online Ireland, for a birthday gift to a friend. My friend (who lives in Ireland) still has not received it! I actually thought this was a reputable company but will never deal with them again after this fraud. I hope this review will be of help to you. I get so disappointed in companies who do this sort of thing to us clients. They should not be in business.

Original review: March 15, 2019

In December of 2017 I ordered a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from this horrible company. Nowhere did it say the lanterns I ordered were part of a subscription plan. I kept getting them and being charged. Sent them all back and after many phone calls my cc was credited. Obviously I canceled the subscription. However true to their deceit I rec'd another lantern approximately 8-9 months later! I about died because I was soooo sick of this company. Anyways contacted them, sent it back and here we are 4 months later and no credit to my cc. So I called and after once again detailing this ongoing saga I have been assured my cc will be credited. I asked her why I had to call to get the credit and she proceeded to tell me they never rec'd my return. Bologna! I have the USPS tracking.

Also back in early 2018 after first problems I had to call because I was receiving a tree's worth of junk solicitation every week! Most environmentally unconscious company ever!! They are unethical and crooks!! And might I add never, not once did I get any apology!!! Oh and of course to top it all off their product quality is pure crap. My snow globe is cloudy after one year and music and lights unpredictable. And switch on one of Terry Redlin pictures broke after one season of use!! Seriously overall worst company ever!!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

My wife ordered a little Christmas decor from this company about two years ago. We paid for it in full upfront and that was it. A year and a half later I notice that the company had been billing my credit card 74.88 a month. On 3 different occasions they even billed me a second time for the same amount in the same month!!! I was able to bring this up to Wells Fargo and they canceled my credit card for fraudulent activity and reimbursed me all the money this company STOLE from me!!! They are still sending me items I never requested and sending me bills. NEVER EVER EVER do any business with this scam of a company!!!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have made payment and somehow it is in England so it was more but they say I have not paid. I cannot understand why they can not find the payment. Someone should look into the fraud this company is doing. As a senior I like what I got but I do not feel I should pay twice.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My husband and I bought an engraved wedding ring set a few years ago. The set eventually turned colors. They tell you that it will last a lifetime but that's not true. We ended up being very disappointed customers.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered checks from Bradford and they guaranteed 100% satisfaction or your money back. I ordered checks with a side tear and the checks I was sent had no perforations on them--not on the side and not on the top! I called customer service and the young man told me I did not order what I actually ordered! Not only were there no stubs on top or on the side, they sent a separate registry for the checks which I never wanted. I was distressed the customer service person on the phone lied to me.

So I started sending emails to customer service asking for a refund. They did not respond to the first 3 emails!! I sent a fourth and I got a form note in response. I let them know that if they did not respond to my requests I would report them to the Better Business Bureau!! Now I see they have dozens of complaints just like mine!! The next time I order something online, I will check their rating here.

Original review: March 1, 2019

My mother order the daughter jewelry box for me as a birthday gift. After using the lid and removing it from the base 5 times, it fell apart! The handle fell off clean. After going back and forth numerous times thru email they refused to help. They had told me the only way they cover this under warranty is if it arrived damaged. When you see 365 day warranty do not believe it!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I ordered the "Thomas Kinkade Nativity Garland Collection". Even in the order form it is written just like that... All the photos are the entire collection... My credit card was charged for the entire $ 120.73 and what I received in the mail was NOT the "Handcrafted garland collection includes more than 1 dozen sculpted figures, 22K-gold accents, over 60 lights, realistic greenery, and more." that I expected! It was renamed "The Holy Family" and I got a very PLAIN, not impressive looking 4 pc nativity scene. No "1 dozen sculptured figures, no 22 k gold accent, no 60 lights, no greenery and no "MORE". So, I phoned and was told repeatedly that there were 6 parts to the shipment - that's over $700!!! for a Christmas decoration that is advertised AS A COLLECTION!!! I mean, I'm a business person, too! And this is just a full-fledged rip-off scam! So, now I need to take the time to return this stuff and (hopefully) get my money back! Never again!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have 3 requests into Bradford Exchange about their trains that they sell. I have not yet to receive a response. How do they expect to sell product if they don't ever respond to general questions? This is ridiculous!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Ordered a £550 item off them to then be charged 3 separate times for the one item. After 3 hours of phone calls and being on hold I sorted this issue out. I then ordered a Disney classic collection pin set at £49 a set (set of 6). I received the first 3 installments and paid in full, then received a letter telling me I owed £82 for the first installations and after a month of phone calls and arguments with the useless staff there I receive 3 letters telling me they can’t complete the item. Andy will refund me within 14 days, 15 days pass so I call. They are now telling me I owe £144 towards the first installments that I received. How on earth can this go up haha.

After a 2 hour on hold call I was informed that they have ‘only received one payment of £14.99’. I paid £49.99 3 times over for the items I received and have the bank statements to prove it and I was called a blatant liar, told I still owe the amount or it’ll affect my finance credit. And all they can do is refund me the amount of £149.97 (the amount I was told I never paid) in vouchers to spend with them, but only if I was to send the items I had back to them tracked and signed for at a further expense to myself. 100% the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. One million percent avoid at all costs!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

They sent me a coin I ordered them. Continued to send me additional ones I had not asked for. They requested payment of these coins although I returned them and said I didn’t want them. They are still requesting payment and continue to send letters saying I am overdue and they will take me to court.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought a used Zippo lighter from them. They advertised it as super rare for $110. This was years ago when I was just getting started collecting Zippo's. I naively trusted them and bought it. Now I decided to sell it. It's not worth anything. The most I can get for it is $20. They lie.

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Information