3.8/5 (640 ratings)

About The Bradford Exchange Online

The Bradford Exchange Online Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

Do NOT buy ANYTHING from this company. Once they have your credit card number they will continue to charge it monthly for a "collection" of items. BEWARE. I bought a SINGLE item. Then one month later another box arrived at my door for a second item I NEVER PURCHASED and they CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD. This is a SCAM!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Dec. 1 ordered pendant for my Mom. We recently lost my father and as it is our first Christmas without him wished to get her something special...On the 12th of Dec., I sent an inquiry as to the delivery status and received a very kind email from a representative named Kelsey assuring me that despite delays at the manufacturing end, the gift would arrive by Christmas Eve. By the 20th, still no sign of my mom’s gift and I sent another email asking if it would indeed arrive on time or whether I should go shopping for an alternative gift.

On FRIDAY the 23rd, I finally received an email from Wilver saying he was “happy to inform me that my collectible has been reserved for me”…And that they anticipated the order would arrive no later than 02/02/23. As, by then we were under a severe storm watch, I was not able to run out on CHRISTMAS EVE to try to find something else, after being repeatedly reassured by this company that my Mom’s gift WOULD indeed arrive on time…It didn’t. I am fully aware of issues in every sector of business dealing with manufacturing delays, etc., All I would have liked was an HONEST answer from this company that my product would not be arriving on time. I guess that was too much to ask. If and when my pendant arrives, I will give it to my mother, but the moment has now passed and I am severely disappointed with The Bradford Exchange and will not ever order from this company again.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I would leave zero stars if I could. I called to cancel an order placed the night before because it was shipping to wrong address. Somehow when paid with PayPal it changed the ship to. The rep told me the order was canceled and that I would receive an email. Never received the email stating canceled only that it had been shipped. I called again and they said I never called to cancel only to check the status. Then said I have to call back yet a third time in order to get return label to return item. Refused to give to me at that time. Implied that I lied about calling to cancel the item.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

First I never ordered this coin, I never created an account to which the coin was to be charged to. I went online to contact them, it took days and days to get back to me. I finally got a return label sent to me since one was not originally provided. I took the package to the Post Office and sent it away. Days later I seen that it had been delivered back to the Bradford Exchange. Exactly 1 month later they contacted me to say they are still waiting for the shipment to be returned. I told them I sent it and they have in their possession. They deny any receipt, yet Canada Post says different.

Problem is I deleted the email with the tracking number since it had been successfully returned and for some strange reason they will not send me the email that contains the tracking number. Now they also said they will not cancel my account, which previously they say it would be deleted, but still hasn't been. Do not deal with these people as they are a bunch of liars and crooks.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I submitted an order on 11/7 for a personalized coin. My order total was about $34 and I paid using Paypal. Upon looking at my emails the following day, I found 1 confirmation email from Paypal confirming my authorization of the $34 charge but then find 2 separate confirmation emails from Bradford Exchange for 2 different orders. The second order was for a $100 coin that I did not order! Upon looking at my PayPal account I found that I was charged for both orders. I have no idea how or where this second order came from. The confirmation emails from Bradford Exchange came through at the same time, within seconds of each other.

I call Customer Support to inquire what this second order was and to cancel it since I did not authorize it only to be told it cannot be cancelled. The only thing I can do is wait to receive the item then return it for a refund... Great, so now I'm out the funds and have to wait days-weeks to get it refunded for some bogus order Bradford Exchange's website created and charged me. After having issues in the past order from them, I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt that it was a glitch or an isolated incident but after this, I definitely won't be ordering from them again!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I moved from CA in Jan 2019 to AZ. Since I livd in CA my entire life, I knew it was important to update my address to every company I associate (including The Bradford Exchange) with. So here's the story: I recently ordered a wall clock from The Bradford Exchange. This is the 3rd order I've made since I have moved to AZ. This particular order had the billing address correct, but they had my old CA address for shipping. I immediately called them to explain the error, and they told me that they could not change the shipping address, nor cancel the shipment. They said that once an order is made, it is immediately sent to their shipping department, and once there, no changes or cancellations can be made. Appalling - right?

I explained to them that they have previously used my correct shipping address 2 orders before this one. They just apologized. Then I was told that they would stop the payment request (I paid through paypal) and I should call back in 48 hours to re-order as shipment never arrived. I did just as they requested. Well, they never did put a stop payment request to paypal (verified with paypal) and that my order that was in shipping, and could not be changed, had not even left their building yet! But they still would not change the shipping address. So they instructed me to see what address I had on file with Paypal, as The Bradford Exchange ships to the address from my paypal account. So I checked on-line, and phone with paypal, and they have the correct address info.

Once again, I called back The Bradford Exchange. Get this.... they told me to deny the shipment once it gets to CA, and/or return it to them, and they will re-issue! Well how can I deny delivery, or return the item to them when I don't even live in the same state?!? All they kept saying was that they are sorry for what has transpired with this order. Nothing else!

My next step was to call paypal and see if they could stop the payment. Of course, that was something they couldn't do either. I am now working with my bank disputing this payment. The bank is working with me to help get my money back. In the meantime, I got an email from paypal asking me if they should authorize "another" payment to The Bradford Exchange, as they have billed them twice for the same amount (with two different dates)! You can only imagine my mindset after that email. Of course I told them not to pay them again, but I am so shocked and appalled at The Bradford Exchange I don't even have the words to express my feelings. So I am now at the mercy of my bank in the hopes that I will get my $124 dollars back. For anyone who reads this review, I highly recommend that you check and re-check every piece of information that is in your order, before clicking "submit"!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

In total I have purchased 5 baby dolls. The first 2 looked nothing like the rendering posted, the 3rd I would have kept but her armatures were broken and the 4th looked nothing like the rendering again. I am new to doll collecting and didn't know you had to research the doll on YouTube to actually find out what the doll really looks like. Usually nothing like what is on their website. It is illegal in Canada to mislead consumers in this way. It's called bait and switch. They are basically showing you a product you will not receive. They only show renderings of their products. None of them are the actual products.

Recently my mom wanted the 5th doll a $300 doll. She is the cutest thing and my mom wanted to keep her. Today my mom noticed that the doll has a rip on the inside of the arm. She will be going back sadly. Coincidentally I was warned that BE's silicone rips easily. AND waiting for returns is rather painful. They take almost a month which is unheard of in 2022. My mom returned the bassinet that was ordered as it was horrible quality and not worth the price and I am still waiting on the refund. When you email customer service they never actually answer your inquiry. They reply with a scripted email. I have lost over $100 is postage fees that are non-refundable. Maybe that's how they stay in business.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I would give no stars!! I Ordered a Nightmare Before Christmas "Blacklight" village and tree set. The picture showed a Black Christmas tree, about 4 houses from NBC Movie and a few ornaments. I somehow actually signed up for a "Subscription" instead which was not clear. I thought I was going to be charged for 6 months for the village pieces, which would come out to around $250 that showed in the picture of the complete set. I noticed recently 3 different charges a month since I ordered this set in Aug. Of 2021. I've been charged a total of about $100 every month since and apparently I signed up for their "rewards" program, yet never recall doing so.

This is bogus and deceptive. The "black light" light up village, doesn't even light up under black light, you continue to bill me around $100 for this "Subscription" that now only consists of like 5 small pumpkin ornaments, AND I got items I never even ordered that have nothing to do with the NBC set! (2 snoopy pieces to a calender set that I don't have), and a memorial book keepsake thing. I didn't receive confirmation emails except for the first time in Aug. Of 2021, when I thought I was simply ordering a village and being charged for 6 months. Here we are, 14 months later and I'm STILL being charged and for crap I don't want!

I tried to reach out via email, with no reply back. I also couldn't log into my account to change my info, passwords or cancel my credit card, today I finally receive an email and called customer service to have my husband STILL getting the run around with them 2 hours later, with a very unprofessional woman. Do not order!!! These greedy people are not clear and will charge you hundreds for stuff you don't even want. Stay far away!!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

For Christmas 2021, I purchased (on the subscription plan) the Rudolph "Holiday Express" Snowglobe Train Collection. My grandson has received 4 of the 5 globes, but he is still waiting on globe 5 and the train rails. Today is October 14, which means that the "every month or so" is misleading since 10 months or better ought to be enough time to send out 6 pieces. Of course, The Bradford Exchange will tell you that some pieces are "not in production, yet" OR are "back-ordered."

The Bradford Exchange needs to explain, upfront, to customers just how long customers will have to wait to get the entire collection. Unfortunately, the company places blame on "manufacturer." Warning: Order only if you are willing to patiently wait for a year (or close to a year) for all parts. Question: Where is our last train globe and our train rails?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Two years ago I ordered some oil from Bradford Exchange. I did not like the order and asked if I could cancel my subscription and any further deliveries. They told me that my subscription was canceled, however they continued to send the oils and charged me subsequently. I made many calls only to be lied to regarding the canceling of my subscription. I refused to pay for the items that they continued to send despite me consistently asking them to not do so. They had the nerve to send my debt to a collection agency, which I paid, in hopes that they finally stop harassing me with letters asking for final installment.

Don't you know, that even after I paid their so-called final installment via a collection agency, they sent me two more letters asking me for "final installment" of a balance I already paid for. I am sick and tired of this fraudulent company harassing me. They won't leave me alone!! I have already paid them for items I asked them not to send so I wish they will cut ties with me and move on. Someone should sue this company and put them out of business because they not only severely harass ex-customers (victims), they steal their money.

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Information