The Bradford Exchange

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My wife ordered 2 items and I did as well around the same time. 1st item arrived at her parents house broken (still working to get a replacement). 2nd item received missing pieces in what looked like an already opened and returned box. When my wife wrote them to address this issue, they asked if she had checked the whole box! Lol. Come on. She responded and they told her she'd have to mail it back at her expense and they would replace it. My wife mailed it back a few days ago and we are awaiting their response. 3rd item was mine for my wife for Christmas.

I had to call to get a specific item that was not showing on the site individually but shown in a collection picture. I figured maybe it had not been released yet but I wanted to call and ask. I was in luck apparently. I asked for the only boy version of the collectible with brown hair as pictured on the group photo in the website. They said the product would arrive before Christmas and I was happy (I also purchased the 4th item during the phone call but we will get to that). I kept checking my account to see if the items would post so I could follow the order status. It posted the following day with a ship date of December 26th!!! I immediately contacted them and addressed my concerns and asked if this item was even in stock. They said yes and said it would be shipped immediately.

Going good, I thought. After many delays getting actual tracking information I received the item today 3 weeks after ordering. Pumped because I know my wife will love it. Opened the box to make sure it wasn't broken and the item was a blond little girl angel. Not what I ordered!!! Still waiting for their response to my issue but this is crap. The 4th item is a customized one and I'm hoping they actually get one right. But I will not hold my breath. Unfortunately I did not look for reviews on Bradford Exchange until after I ordered. Please save yourself the worry and avoid Bradford Exchange and their affiliates like the Hamilton Collection.

The company inundates you with offers and poor value products then despite many calls fails to give you accurate information as to what you owe or how you can change your payment method. They overcharged us then sent threatening letters even when we had paid both by direct debit and the balance in full. In fact we overpaid as they supplied three different final balance figures in one phone call. We then were unable to get the company to acknowledge any of our communications. This company should be stopped from trading.

I ordered a bridal set from here. Paid it in full during checkout. It was a personalized item. Not only did it take them 4 weeks to send me the ring but they sent me the wrong size and the engraving was not even close to what I wrote. So by assuming they sent me the wrong ring set they also didn't give me a time frame on how long it would take and I was suppose to receive it before my anniversary as a gift. Great way that turned out! I will never in my life order from here again or recommend them to anyone. The packing and box it came in was horrible. Just terrible.

Simply this is Buyer Beware! I have been given the run around and all of a sudden told I have to pay for any order in full, despite on their site saying you can pay for the item in installments. They do not list ANYWHERE on their sites any policies regarding the installment plans other than: "Installments are the affordable way to purchase a collection. Your installment charges are deducted about monthly, from the payment method that was authorized at checkout. We do not charge interest on installment plans. Your first installment will be deducted when your first item is selected for shipping from our warehouse.

“If you buy a collection via Subscription Plan on the Installment Payment Plan, the next issue in the collection will be shipped after all installments for the previous issue are paid in full. This makes collecting both convenient and affordable. After choosing the payment method for the first issue, charges for all subsequent issues in your collection will be deducted from the same payment method. This holds true when purchasing a collection via phone, mail or online."

And that obviously they are interest free because they are not lending any credit, just time. I was told the reason is I was a newer customer but the order prior that I RETURNED was done on installment plans. I returned the order very quickly after receiving it but they kept telling me it could take up to 30 days to get it and an additional 15 days to process, then I was told it could be manually refunded after 30 days. And beware because this company takes quite a while to send anything, let alone update you. I never did receive order confirmations or shipping confirmations despite their promises that they sent them. if you read other reviews you will see this is a trend. They basically single you out, check your credit score I am now seeing from other reviews, and deny you installment plans based on that even though they have your credit card information. But they deny telling you anything about that.

I actually am filing a dispute with the BBB on them based on how I have been treated since purchasing the very first dolls from them. The CSRs are rude, and the supervisors are even worse. You are also not allowed to even speak to the credit department and one CSR said "if they took calls from customers they would never get anything done." This company is the worst I have ever dealt with BY FAR. Their quality on the dolls are not up to par despite having talented artists. You find glue in the hair and it isn't' even applied properly. I found out to search for words like "hand rooted" to try to eliminate the problem but if you compare the product to the pictures, they are not even close. If you are interested in one of their products, there are plenty of people out there on eBay or in Doll Stores who will actually take a picture of the item and send it to you before buying it. And not give you a run around.

They lie, say they called you and unable to reach you, but due to having the availability of knowing who called my phone allows me to see that they did not call, and I have even gone out on the email server and there were no emails that they claim they sent. But I think the fact that they allow a installment plan one minute and not the next, and no policy is on their site, and you are not given any answers via phone or email, is a bit fishy and I am awaiting counsel now to see if it is illegal. Consumers are supposed to know all policies and practices up front and they do not offer that information anywhere. You cannot treat one person different from the other. I am awaiting counsel to see if I can escalate the matter. If I am allowed, be rest assured I will be. This also goes for ASHTON DRAKE.

BEWARE. THIS COMPANY IS ATTEMPTING TO SCAM YOU. JUST DON'T DO IT. What happened to me was crazy. I made an online purchase for a friend's birthday. The next month I got an email from him saying "thank you for spoiling me." I had no idea what he meant but I was out of town at a funeral. When I got home and reviewed my online statement, I had a charge on my card that I did not recognize from BRADFORD EXCHANGE. So I called them. They said I had ordered a collection of items. My original receipt I received the day I placed the order was for one item and the amount of the only item I thought I purchased.

I got no further email and no other items in the collection were listed on the original invoice. When I spoke to them they said "oh the word collection means there are other items" and I should have know that. I said why was it not itemized or why did I not get an email telling me the other items had been shipped something so I knew what was going on. After speaking to a supervisor, I was told same thing. The word "collection" means more than one item and if I returned the items they would give me a refund. But how can I ask my friend for an item that he clearly thinks I meant to send him. So just be aware that the word collection means we will be charging you for more items.

You will not get anything that tells you what those items are or when they have been shipped so if you buy a gift you will not even get the items as a warning that something is wrong. This to me is a scam. If they had printed on my original invoice the other items in the collection and the cost of each I would have known there was a problem. But no other emails or invoices were ever sent or received. Just the bill on my credit card and the thank you from my friend. NEVER AGAIN trust this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange?

My wedding ring set that I designed myself are stunning, my fiance's is very nice as well. Very big, very sparkly, engraving is great. How they hold up I don't know yet. Now the ordering and shipping are a big headache. You're never sure of when you're gonna receive your item. They even canceled our order at one point, and I had to reorder under my Mother's account. If you need something in a hurry I would not suggest ordering from them. We were very scared we wouldn't get our rings before our special day. Thankfully everything turned out great.

BE WARNED. DON'T BUY FROM THEM!! This company is the worst ever!! Ordered a Disney Cove at £149.99 but the quality when it arrived was awful... The faces on the characters looked like they had been painted by 4-year-olds. It took me almost 25 minutes on hold to speak to someone who arranged to get it returned but then offered me, for the same price, a Disney train collection... But then I got charged for all the separate postages which I hadn't been told about... Back on phone and another long wait talking to an idiot who said they didn't have any managers I could talk to as they don't take calls... I mean to say.

Long story short, another few long calls later and a lot of patience I got 3/4 of my money back... on 4 separate cheques. But I'm still owed money. Have asked to be taken off their mailing list 2 months ago and still almost every other day I receive mail from them trying to sell me something else. I used to buy a lot from them but never again... Customer service department is a shambles!

I found out the hard way that The Bradford Exchange sells their customer information. A few months after I had ordered a clock as a Mother's Day gift I started receiving a ridiculous amount of solicitations. I can't begin to put a number on the amount of phone calls and mailers that I received from charities, fundraisers and various organizations. It became clear that something was going on so I started asking callers where they got my info. I would also call the senders of the mailers and ask them the same question. More times than not, I was informed that my information was obtained by "The Bradford Exchange" or "The Bradford Group".

I called The Bradford Exchange customer service and was told that my info must have been hacked when I placed my online order and that they only share info within the Bradford Group. I doubt that The Bradford Group contains; Saint Joseph's Indian School, Saint Jude's Hospital, Foundation for American Vets, or Heifer International (and the list goes on and on). I hope that someday The Bradford Group is hit with a class action. You have been warned, BUYER BEWARE!!!

My mother ordered one coin from the Bradford Exchange of a particular collection. The Bradford Exchange sent this coin. However a few weeks later they sent her another coin for a different collection which she had not requested. As my mother used my credit card for the coin previously purchased, the Bradford Exchange took monies from my account without my permission or authority for this unwanted coin. I contacted Bradford Exchange about returning the coin and I have heard nothing from them. I since contacted my bank and told them under no circumstances were they pay out further monies to Bradford Exchange.

A custom order with Bradford Exchange in July 2016, for my mother's 75th birthday which was in September 2016. The item was absolutely gorgeous. I placed the order in a timely manner in July, so that I would have ample time to receive the item prior to my mother's birthday celebration. Needless to say I never received the item, but my credit card was charged the 3 complete payments. When I ordered from this company I had a reasonable expectation, but my expectations were not met. This was absolutely devastating.

I called the company 16 September 2016 only to be kept on hold for 20 minutes and when they did answer I was told it should have arrived already. When I told her I had not received the item, they offered to send a replacement. A replacement would have been fine a month ago but my mother's birthday is next weekend. September 26th, 2016. To make this long story short the customer service sucked. I won't order from Bradford Exchange. An unhappy customer.

I have received a phishing scheme email from The Bradford Exchange which includes a $99 invoice for a Songbird Stone Plaque (side note: what is that and why would anyone need one?!?). The email is made to appear to be a response to an order request and includes an order number, a customer number, and my childhood home's address (where I haven't lived for 20 years). This method basically forces people into buying something they never ordered by making them think they owe Bradford Exchange money and that their credit will be affected if they don't pay for the garbage they didn't order to begin with. Terrible business tactics... terrible company.

3 years ago I ordered this clock. It arrived broken so I returned it and was promised a replacement. It never arrived even after I contacted the company.

Ordered the American Eagle silver dollar collection. Said the collection was 99.99 or three installments of 33.33. Paid whole price and only got one coin. Was told it was the price for said coin not the collection they advertise. Never again.

I ordered an Elvis handbag on August 21. It said it was in stock. I needed the handbag for a birthday present for a party on September 2. When I placed my order my credit card was immediately charged. I also got an email the next day that said my order shipped and it told me where to go to check my orders status. When I went to their web page to track my order it said that it shipped August 23 and it gave a FedEx tracking number. When you check the tracking number FedEx says they have no record of it. This went on for a week. I sent Bradford Exchange an email asking them to check my order. No response. I sent another and finally I received a response. They told me that my order shipped on August 23 and it would take 2-3 weeks to get to me. When I go on their web page now to check status the ship date was changed to August 30 and the tracking number still does not work. Why does it take so long to ship? Unacceptable.

I ordered the presidential dollar collection 10 yrs. ago!!! This past year Bradford missed shipment of the first coin for 2015, I called & was told there was a back order. I accepted that. Then they missed the next shipment. I called & again was told there was a back order. I asked why I could go on any other site & purchase the coins that they said were back ordered!!! I told them that this was breach of contract. They then sent two coins. The next coins were of course late as well. Now we're in 2016, no coin. Called & was told that they decided to wait till the end of 2016 to deliver coins. I told them that was not what I paid in advance for. I have yet to receive the coins for 2016!!! I will never order from them ever again!!! Period!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

My review complaining about the Bradford Exchange I have to take back as received a nice prompt email from Bradford customer service explaining the delay about my order. According to them will take 30, 60, or 90 days to receive so I will wait & see. So far it's been 30 days. As I ordered on 7/13/16.

Savino of Half Moon Bay, CA on

Original Review

On 7/13/16 ordered USMC sweater jacket item #122369013 $165.94 with tax. As of 8/11/16 haven't heard a word about my order. On 8/10/16 sent Bradford customer service giving them till 8/13/16 for any word about my order. If nothing heard will cancel my Visa payment. A month without hearing anything about my order is a ripoff. Wish I had read other people's review of this company. I would not have ordered nor will I order again. Why does everything have to be a ripoff.

Recently purchased item and selected std shipping, about $9.95. Was billed $20 for H & S, claiming I had selected 2 day shipping with order. Bradford used the UPS deal where UPS picks it up and then turns it over to USPS for delivery. It was delivered six days later with my regular mail delivery. I was away from home and did not see the email confirmation until 2 days later. The item could have been put in a first class padded mailer for probably less than $5. Bradford is "hoodooing" their customers.

This company is disreputable and does not stand by their product or correct their errors. Folks who answer their consumer line are very accustomed to saying no and arguing. Very combative and defensive. Cut my losses and ordered checks from my bank which I should have done initially. My address is correct on their mailing package but wrong on checks.

My Daughter has 2 children. ALL she asked for her birthday was an interlocking heart necklace with her childrens names and birthstones. After searching and searching I found EXACTLY what she wanted on The Bradford Exchange Website. I placed my order on June 1, 2016 (her bday is June 29). The expected delivery time was June 16-23. It was going to be wonderful! Yesterday, June 22, 2016 I checked on the site to see a "wheres my order" page, and when doing so, it said the delivery date was NOW JULY 28, 2016! I was in tears. That necklace was all she asked for. Now what??

I called Customer Service. The guy was nice enough, but they refused to expedite the necklace to me when it was ready and seemed not to care I was upset and refused to do anything to fix the problem. I said "well, just cancel the order since you all can't rectify this." He was happy to do that as well. I have NEVER ordered from them nor will I ever again. I HAVE NO TIME TO GET MY DAUGHTER WHAT SHE WANTED now. I am sick over this. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! I'M VERY ANGRY!

The total with shipping and handling was $59.90; I opted for the two installments of $20.00 (wording a little confusing during and after purchase for how they will be split and when installment is charged). A charge of 29.95 was immediately taken out of my account and held for pending. The next day, I received an email stating that the item was shipped out with the order number and I was being charged the $29.95. When I looked at my account, the 'pending' had been changed to purchase.

Two days later, I received an identical email from them stating it had been charged and shipped. I checked my bank account and there had been another $29.95 charged as 'pending'. I called and asked about this. After a long and very confusing conversation with the CS Rep (as she was repeating what I had told her and didn't seem to understand the problem) I was finally told that they take out the first charge as a pending charge when the order is taken and then the second identical amount as the purchase. Basically I have two charges now unavailable to me until the second pending charge gets lifted (which I am told will happen in the next 7 to 10 days).

It seems like a low amount but we live paycheck to paycheck and have a lot we pay out in overhead for our job weekly; had I wanted to just purchase the item for the total amount, the difference is very little. I don't even stay at hotels anymore for this very reason unless the vacation is budgeted to pay double because of the 'hold' on credit card pending charges. Had I known this, I would not have ever purchased this item and it will be the last item I do purchase from them. I am only glad to have learnt this on a small item instead of the others I was contemplating.

Ordered doll May 29th 2016. Received an invoice stating that it shipped out on that date. Credit card was used and paid on June 1st 2016. Told by customer service it would be there by June 10th 2016. Called again on June 15th 2016. Doll was reordered with the company offering to cover 2 day shipping (FedEx) and reassurance that it would be there no later than Monday the 20th 2016. NOTHING!

The worst about this is that the doll was ordered for a 5 year old girl with a brain tumor (DIPG). Diagnosed latter part of January 2016. Life expectancy not good. I do not know her personally. Just wanted to put a smile on her face. Explained this to them on both account was reassured both time that it would get there as they said. Doll was to be mailed directly to the little girl. I also asked customer service if I would get a tracking #. NO. Very bad business practice! PS. Very hard to get through to customer service and when you do they have very little info if any. They apparently have no info on whether or not package was delivered. Do not understand! They received their money and!!!

My mother has shopped at Bradford for a long time. Last year she fell down and broke her arm, had surgery, dementia set in. She is now in a senior home. My mother asked me to order her 3 sons bracelets for Father's day which I did, they took my order and my mom's money. About a week and a half-2 weeks later she gets a letter stating that last year she missed a 38 dollar payment and they were holding the bracelets until I cleared it up. The letter stated that they would ship the bracelets when she reduced her balance or paid in full. I called to pay the 38 dollars and was told she had to pay the outstanding balance and full payment of the bracelets even though I explained the situation and she has been a good customer for years.

I don't understand why they did not tell me about the balance when I placed the order. They made me pay everything which is very hard for an 86 year old on a small pension. It wasn't until everything was said and done that I was informed the bracelets now will not be here for Father's day. My mother is devastated, she now has no gifts for her sons and no more money to get anything else for them. It is really said how greedy we have become in this country. You lead a hard working honest life for 86 years and then get treated like a criminal over an honest 38 dollar mistake.

I purchased a personalized necklace for my daughter's graduation. Not only did it not come in time but when it did come it was wrong. When I contacted customer service they sounded like robots and said they would put in a new order and it would take 3 to 4 weeks. She said there was no new order number and if it didn't show up in 3 to 4 weeks they would credit me back. I will never order from this company again!!!

My husband ordered me a mother's ring on May 2nd with the headline on their website reading "Guaranteed Mother's Day delivery." Mother's Day came...no ring. Then I checked the status of my order and it said, "Will arrive by May 16th." May 16th came...no ring. I checked again. Now it says, "Delivery by May 23rd." Still no ring. Checked again. "Delivery by June 27th"!!! My husband called Customer Support and they said there is nothing they can do. "The ring will SHIP in June 27th." NEVER, EVER, EVER WILL THIS "business" get our money again.

I have been ordering products from this company for years. I am very discouraged that I ordered the Charlie Brown Anniversary in November 2015 and all I get is "your shipping date has been changed". I have been receiving these for months. The last one I received was it was to ship on 6/4/2016. Now I received one to ship on 8/4/2016. We are working on almost a year as of November 2016. I will never order anything again from this company. When I call all I get is "you don't understand". I do. I've ordered items for years but no more. This is a bunch of **.

I want to encourage people to be very careful if ordering anything from this company. I had not read what is on ConsumerAffairs about this company when I ordered. Had I done so, I would never have trusted them with an order. In early March I ordered a "Home of The Brave" hoodie that the company had sent an email about through my Vietnam Veterans of America membership. I ordered another veteran's hoodie at the same time. The other one came within two weeks, but the "Home of the Brave" hoodie did not. I contacted them to ask why and they said that it was back ordered and that it should come May 2.

On May 2, it did not come so I emailed them and they said it was coming May 20. On May 20 I emailed as it had not come yet, and then they told me some totally fabricated story that they had sent me a letter explaining the product was delayed and that I had opted to continue waiting. That was totally untrue. In their email they offered to refund my money but by then I had read what the CA website was saying and how some people requested refunds but never received any, so I just said I still wanted the hoodie. Now they say IT WILL NOT COME UNTIL AUGUST 14! I fail to see how this company can stay in business. Please put out the word that this Bradford Exchange CANNOT BE TRUSTED! Some legal entity needs to prosecute them and close them down.

I have ordered 2 rings from Bradford Exchange and have had nothing but a great experience with both rings. They both look so real, no one can tell they aren't. I chose not to have mine personalized but overall my experience has been wonderful and I will continue to order from them. I have emailed them to check on orders and have been notified within 24 hours.

My husband loved the train sets he could order from this company. Thought he would start a new hobby. I told him "This is like a club. You order one train set, and they won't quit sending them!" Sure enough, that's what happened! These sets are extremely high priced, and after he completed one set, they kept sending them! Some he did not even order! Some were even broken! He sent the broken ones and ones we did not order back! But they keep billing us and sending threatening letters! He had called them and told them he does not owe anything. He sent all of them back that he did not want! They said it's taken care of, but the bills keep coming! The trains finally stopped, I think! But how does this place stay in business??? They are horrible people!

My friend purchased a wedding ring from Bradford Exchange. She has yet to receive her purchase. It has been almost a month. There are no contact numbers for her to speak with any representative in regards to her order. She has sent many emails and none of the responses have addressed her concerns. It is sad that someone has to wait for a ring for their special day, especially when the purchase was made in advance. It is an outrage. If anyone at the company was going through what my friend is going through they would be completely pissed off and upset. The company should really create better policies and procedures for addressing their customer's concerns.

Was really Disappointed in the necklace. Your picture was Awesome. But once we received it in the mail... Had to have a Magnify glass to see the names. Forever In A Mother's Heart Personalized Pendant Necklace View Details Personalized Birthstone Roundel Pendant With Up To 6 Names Forever In A Mother's Heart Personalized Pendant Necklace 110684002 - $138.98 US.

The Bradford Exchange Company Profile