1.32/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 20, 2018

377 The Bradford Exchange Online Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

I ordered a personalized Semper Fi ring from Bradford Exchange on 3/31/2018. On 4/12/2018 I received a notice that it would be shipped on or about 4/23/2018. The order status now indicates that it will be shipped on or about 5/28/2018. Bradford Exchange has failed to reply to my Emails requesting the reason for the delay. I will never order anything else from this business.

Original review: April 12, 2018

My wife only wears this ring occasionally. Were not thrilled with the small (really small) stones on the sides of the stone but the stone was ok. Today while she was wearing it the stone simply fell out. I contacted the Exchange and they said the one year warranty does NOT apply to their jewelry that is only 120. I am guessing they know their product and that is the reason for the lesser time frame.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2018

My mother bought me 3 pieces of jewelry with gold--I don't wear gold. In December 2017, I called customer service and spoke to Rose who told me I could return the pieces and exchange them or have a refund issued to my mother. I told them to issue the refund to my mother and she directed me to return the items in 3 separate packages--she even sent me the return labels. I was told the refund would be issued within 60 days. It is now April 2018, my mother has never received a refund. I contacted Fran-- a supervisor and she told me they never received the returns so there could be no refund issued. Really? Seriously? Someone needs to start a class-action lawsuit against them--I would be the first to sign up. Now, my mom is out about $400.00 and I am missing 3 gifts from her.

Original review: April 10, 2018

FRAUD. I have sent back all items, received no refund still and no communication 5 months later. They have now sent me to a collection agency for a small amount of money, even though they have my credit card on file and it works. The refund they owe me would cover the issue as well. This company tries to trap you and take advantage of you. Stay away.

Original review: April 6, 2018

"Together In Love" women's ring - has white diamonds and chocolate diamonds with names engraved and is rose gold all over. The rose gold is fading away and I spend a few dollars on this ring. Love it until now and I just bought in Aug 17. Please do not buy anything with rose gold from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

Original review: April 5, 2018

I was getting the train pieces and after 6 I decided to cancel. I called the number to cancel and they said they cancel my subscription but that I had 2 more payments (which was false) I asked to pay in full and cancel all monthly payments to cancel as of June 2017. Then I start to see charges from Hawthorne Village (not the Bradford exchange) and every time I called they refused to give me any information unless I provided the full credit card number- which I was not going to give them. I wanted them to stop charging as I never signed up for it. I had to call my credit card company and get the 7 charges of $30 refunded and now March 2018 receiving debt collection notices. I never received any pieces from whatever Hawthorne is. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH EITHER COMPANY.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Whitetail Gathering Wall Clock With Buck Sculpture. My boyfriend purchased this clock and to his shock and dismay discovered that it was made of plastic. The cuckoo itself broke and it makes a sad sick noise, rather than a chirp. Considering this piece was nearly $200, it could have at least been made from even pine and they would have made a profit. There is nothing in the description saying that it is in fact plastic. Likely made in China. Save your money.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I purchased on March 28, 2018 a realistic baby doll for my granddaughter birthday. So I had called on Thursday to make sure it was shipped and it would be at my home in time for her bday. Well it wasn’t. I paid for two day shipping. It’s Sat I still don’t have doll and my granddaughter only thinks I forgot her birthday. She is only 5. She doesn’t understand that this company scams people out of money for shipping. Two days is two days not next week Thursday. I paid 26.99 for it to be shipped in 2 days. Their customer service sucks. It's people you can’t understand.

They are in a boat in ocean answering phones for all kinds of companies. It’s sad our jobs are being given to foreign people that are not USA citizens. Period! ATT, Spectrum, Sprint, Bradford Exchange, Ashton Drake. All do this. O btw did y’all know that the Bradford Exchange and Ashton Drake are actually the same company? Yes it is. Beware and be careful buying anything from this company. I’ve never had such poor customer service. They def don’t know how to not interrupt people as they are speaking. Don’t care you pay 26.99 for 2 day shipping and item is still not here 3.5 days later. Ugh I’m so pissed.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I was all excited to purchase some really cute checks. They have a “special” buy one get one free! Super exciting right... Wrong! As I’m checking out, I noticed my purchase amount almost doubled because they charge $8.98 for shipping, not once but twice! That’s $19 for shipping! If it’s too good to be true it ALWAYS is.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Online it says 3 shipments of 49.99. Well. Untrue. Very untrue. In fact, they charge my card 10 times for 10 shipments. I contacted the customer service line and they assured me it was only 3 shipments. Lies!!! I only received 3 shipments but they charged my card 4 times. I won’t be getting a refund cause I can’t prove it wasn’t delivered. Poor customer service. I will never order from them again!!!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I ordered a Fairy Garden piece, one of a set. In their online display of this item, they show it with several additional pieces that do not come with the order. When I received it, I contacted them. They refused to provide the 2 or 3 (not many) additional items in spite of their dishonest advertising. They continue to use false advertising with their display. I complained to the Better Business Bureau. The BBB is merely an arbitrator for a solution; however, negative reviews will affect the business' rating. I recommend all unhappy customers take the few minutes to fill out the online complaint to the BBB about this terrible company and thus show the truth about it.

I returned the order and canceled any future items. A few weeks later, they sent me another item (and charged my credit card) in spite of my cancellation. They cannot be trusted; they are dishonest and do not take responsibility for their actions. They do not value or respect customers. I had to return that product, had to take the time to go to a post office, all because of their mistake!!! An apology? Absolutely not. They even went on to send two more letters threatening to charge me for the item I had returned. Disgusting. Again, contact BBB if you are screwed by this company. The truth must come out!

Original review: March 18, 2018

At Christmas I was given this clock (Kitchen Capers) which did not include the pendulum. I have gone back and forth with Bradford Exchange for at least 12 contacts. I have heard they 1.) Don't have parts. 2.) They don't have any contact information for their manufacturer where I might be able to buy a replacement part. 3.) They don't exchange unless you have all of the payment information which I don't since it was a gift. 4.) They can't find the payment information but at one point one of the customer service reps inferred that they had the information because if I went through the box one more time and didn't find the pendulum in the packing, they would send it.

I've tried eBay and Amazon for parts with no success. I have tried the artist's name hoping to find a manufacturer or contact information for the artist in hopes of finding a part with no success. This has been absolutely insane. If I have a clock that is working properly, why would I have to return the whole clock in order to get a part that they did not include in the original packaging. This occurred by no fault of my own. They didn't include the pendulum and now do not want to make sure that I am made whole. I no longer work for the person who got this for me for Christmas so there is no way that I will get the order information. TERRIBLE COMPANY TO DEAL WITH AND I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM DIRECTLY. Customer service is non-existent. They keep emailing the same prewritten text to every request.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I reordered checks for our checking account online. We have ordered from them for years. They have our information on file. I ordered two boxes with duplicates. When I received the checks, the last number was missing on all of the checks and the deposit slips. When I called them, they said that because I didn't buy all of their extra charges, they would not refund on the order. I have 2 boxes of checks that are not good. I will NEVER order from this company again. The customer service line is a joke. I'd rather pay double to someone than to order from a company that is so careless with something as important as your bank account.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

It's a shame that company that some really nice products has such poor customer service. The supervisors are very rude, and unprofessional. Items will show in stock and when ordered find out they aren't, I was told an amount by a supervisor when I placed my order and was charged $50 more. They replaced $30 and stated that was all they were gonna do, my first and last order from this company. The reviews giving this company a 1.- 1.7 average rating out of 5 are very very true. Best advice is to pay attention to the reviews. I wish I had used better judgment. I hope my mistake can help others avoid the same experience.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I placed an order on January 29, 2018 it was a Eagles tote bag, cost 120.00. It's a present for my daughter whose birthday is February 23, a week and half before her birthday, I'm wondering, "Where is my package?" I tracked it and said delivered last week... I never got anything but a precious moment from them which when this came I thought, "Did I order this???" Never thinking this was supposed to be my bag. I put it to the side and called. Monday Feb 19th spoke to a CS and never really cared that it's a gift, I ** care, now I have no gift to give because they are sending a new one and it could take up to 4 weeks to get!!! I ordered checks and a few other things in the past but NEVER AGAIN, so I wait til today Wed Feb 22 to make sure it was shipped, CS said yes, but couldn't give me new tracking on it??? WTF. What a way to manage a company!!! Ya lost me! Don't order from these people... Be warned!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

We placed an order with The Bradford Exchange back in August 2017 for personalised wedding ring set, we then contacted the business just before Christmas as we hadn’t heard anything from the business for them to tell us they never received an order even though they had received the payment, so they re-made the order and told us we will receive the rings within 8 weeks. Today I’ve contacted the business again as we still haven’t received the rings to again be told that they have no record of the order even though we have an order number and tracking number. Now 7 weeks before the wedding we are rushing around trying to find rings for our day, heartbroken as these were the rings we both fell in love with. Very disappointed with this business and definitely would not recommend to anyone on the future!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have never purchased anything from them but yet I have attempted fraud charges on my credit card by them (TBE Bradford online)... 2 weeks ago I had to cancel my card due to fraud where someone tried to charge to other direct marketing companies. Not surprisingly they are still trying to charge from the Bradford Online... Luckily declined because I closed my card 2 weeks ago. Appears to be a big fraud ring.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Seriously screw you Bradford Exchange. How are you even a business! Ordered in November. My track in order goes back a month and back a month and back a month and they tell me they need to make more of the item I bought!!! WHAAAT. Why would I buy an item they haven't made yet. HUMAN RACE DO NOT ORDER FROM BRADFORD EXCHANGE. "DO NOT BUY." Customer service is a straight joke.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I ordered an item back (personalized figurine) in November of 2017. They had told me it was on the guaranteed before Christmas list, as it was a Christmas gift. Since it did not give me any information online about when I would be receiving my item, I called them. The rep I spoke with said it would be shipping out December 18th. Come December 26th I called again. I understood that due to Christmas it may take a little longer to receive, which I was fine with. But on the 26th when I call I was informed it had not shipped out and would be December 30.

So I waited. Around January 5th or so, I called again. Only to be told my item still had not been shipped. I was then told it would ship February 12th. Around the 25th of January or so, I called again. Just to confirm my shipping out date has not changed again. At that time I was told it would ship out January 30th. I was like okay fine, something is finally going right with this company. They told me shipping should only take a few business days. Okay, how many is a few? Then today, February 5th I called again.

Only this time to be told the item I ordered was out of stock. Like are you kidding me? After 2 months you are now telling me that my item is out of stock? Absolutely ridiculous. I canceled my order as soon as I was told that. It's been too long. I'm done waiting. Then Deb the supervisor I spoke with said they could only refund $30.99, because that's all they have taken out of my account. That's where I got extremely upset. I have screenshots and bank statements of the multiple withdraws that have taken out of my account. I was a first time customer and my experience was terrible. I will definitely not waste my time again with this company.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased checks from Bradford Exchange. I chose the 12-15 day shipping option because I was not in a hurry to receive them. Unfortunately, Bradford Exchange does not put any type of tracking number on this option. Whoever heard of a company not putting tracking on blank checks?? Anyway, the checks have not arrived and Bradford Exchange has no idea where they might be. I now have to change my bank account number creating a whole nightmare of other issues. I will never and I would recommend no one use Bradford Exchange for printing checks.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have tried two phone conversations, three if you count talking to management and two emails regarding EXCHANGING an item from Bradford Exchange. All I want to do is exchange an item that was not "technically" listed as a gift purchase under my name/address. Who wants to hurt a family member's feelings when all I want to do is exchange an item within their own company. I was told by two customer service agents, Paulino and William; and by Mike, from management, that there is no loophole to accommodate this transaction without offending and making aware the family member.

What company who has been in business for 44 years per Mike would have such dinosaur policies?! I do not want a REFUND! I just want to change an item which is completely not my style! If I could have given you a lower rating on customer service, I would. Shame on you Bradford Exchange for having such narrow loopholes that are not customer friendly AT ALL!! What a waste of money!! I will NEVER recommend or buy ANYTHING from your company. Customer service should be number one, but instead, obviously, it is all about the almighty dollar for you, Bradford Exchange. I am completely disgusted and annoyed! Thanks for nothing, Mike, for help resolving this issue!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was on the internet looking to buy checks at Wal-Mart.com where I always get my checks. But Bradford Exchange caught my eye with a deal: buy one box of checks, get the second free if you are a new customer. Well, I jumped right on it because they had Muppet checks and I am a huge Muppet fan! The checks came to $7.49. The standard shipping is $5.90 which is almost the price of the checks themselves, but since I only had a few checks left in my checkbook and really wanted Muppets checks, I sucked it up and went with the standard shipping, as any other shipping option was much more expensive. By the end of that business week, they sent me an email saying the checks had shipped.

A week later, I call the Exchange because they didn't give me the ability to track my purchase and the customer service representative said they are in still in transit. I then asked to verify that it will be 10 business days (which equals 2 weeks) until I receive my order. (I thought this was just an estimate and there is no way it is going to take that long!) He informed me that it will take 10-15 business days until I receive them which brings the delivery to three weeks on February 1st. I ordered these checks on Sun. Jan. 7, 2018. Does it really need to take nearly a whole month for checks to be sent from their Illinois facility to Pennsylvania? I can drive there and back and have them sooner!

I feel for this poor service, I shouldn't have to pay for the shipping and handling at all. Not only was it ridiculous that two orders of checks at $7.49 would be so costly to ship, but to wait so long for checks to be delivered as well? What kind of shipping am I paying for? Pony express? Wal-Mart.com delivers them within a week and I never had a problem with their products. I am going back to my original supplier and Bradford Exchange will never see the light of day in my house again, no matter how great their specials are. I think they need to run the check specials to get new customers, because they can't keep the old ones!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I ordered a Snow Globe for my granddaughter for Christmas. Because the "fine print" is so difficult and vague to see... When I realized there was a $29.99 pending charge in my checking account I realized it was in a series I emailed them 1 week later to cancel any further charges. I have NEVER experienced such a convoluted system in my life. They make almost impossible to find a telephone number to speak with a representative so I had to send an email. Then, I found a number to call and called. I was told it would be immediately stopped from debiting my account. It wasn't. I called again and was told it would take 3 - 5 business days. Still nothing. What amazes me is how FAST they debit your account; but try to get a refund and nothing. Be warned. They could me my choice of any product for free and I wouldn't use them. Ever.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

When I placed an online order, I did not get an estimated shipping date only that it would be shipped STANDARD. I called Bradford Exchange customer service to inquire when I could expect to receive my order as it was a gift. The representative I spoke to offered to change the shipping from Standard to 2-day shipping. Then came back on the phone and said that 2-day shipping was not available for this item. That it would ship STANDARD which takes approximately 10 business days. Today, I went online to track the order and it says the estimated shipping date is mid-February to early March.

I called and spoke to Customer Service who told me the figurine is on back-order and he said I was told that. I said I had not been told that and he asked if I was suggesting I was told a lie. "Yes" if the backorder information was available to the rep I originally spoke to when we were on the phone, then she told me a "lie". She said it should arrive in 10 or so business days. I would have never proceeded with the order if I knew delivery was going to be so far out - as this was a birthday gift for January 9th.

I am very disappointed with the service received from Bradford Exchange – both the online portal and customer service that did not provide full disclosure regarding delivery at the time the order was placed. I couldn't then and won't now wait until February or March to give this as a gift. I told the customer service rep to cancel the order and will find something else. Still waiting for confirmation that the order was cancelled. A huge waste of time and a big disappointment.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have hasn’t the most horrible online experience with this company. They falsely advertise product they are selling. Due to their false advertisement my Christmas present I bought for someone got ruined. The thing I bought stated there’d be 9 pieces all together, but I only received one. When I contacted customer support I showed them how it stated what I was buying included 9 pieces they ignored it. Do not shop here. Also horrible customer service. Long shipping time. Expensive. Not good at all.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I ordered a Patriotic hoodie in Nov 2017. It arrived on Nov 22 2017 with a 30 day return policy. It was too big so I returned it on Dec 1 2017 for a medium size or my money back. As of Jan 4 2018 I have not received my jacket yet. I have written to them about this but I don't get any response or my check back. It looks like I got ripped off by Bradford Exchange. I learned my lesson and will not order from this company again.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Be aware of this company!! If you order from this company they will get your money and you WILL NOT receive your items and you WILL NOT receive your money back!!! I ordered a bracelet on 12/8/2017 and I have yet to receive the item. I received an email that stated it was shipped 12/21/2017. When I called they told me to give it until 12/30/2017. Well today is 1/1/2018 still no bracelet and I'm aware mail didn't run today. I just want my $140.98 back!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I purchased the Wonderland Express Christmas Tree and the Christmas Swing Tree. These are electrified tabletop Christmas decor that have moving parts. I have taken very good care of these and always put them back in the original packaging. The motors have now gone out. Here is the reply from Bradford after inquiring about fixing them: "We are sorry to inform you that we cannot repair or restore our products. Unfortunately, we also do not carry replacement parts. We would suggest checking your yellow pages for a company that repairs small figurines, jewelry or electronics in your area. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." FOR THE HIGH PRICE YOU PAY FOR THEIR THINGS, YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE A SERVICE DEPARTMENT!!! NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I ordered 3 items for Christmas gifts in November. Only one out of the three made it here on time. I ordered an engraved Granddaughter Owl Always love you personalized glitter globe with her name on it and it came with someone else's name on it and it was so tiny I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. I ordered a beautiful Rock Your Style Handbag purse for my daughter and it says it was shipped on December 7, 2017 and it still hasn't arrived. When I called customer service they said I would have to wait until January 7th and if it still hasn't arrived to call and again and they would reship it at that time. I've also emailed them and have yet to hear back from them. This is the poorest customer service I have ever experienced. I won't order anything from them again!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

First time ordering from Bradford Exchange. My order was promised to me by Christmas but didn't even ship until the 23rd of December. I emailed them numerous times when my order said will ship by February 7th. I received no response on any email sent and my present will not be here by Christmas. I would have been happy with a response to explain what happened but to date still no response. First and last time I ever order from them.

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Information