1.20/5
Based on 86 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

393 The Bradford Exchange Online Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

I ordered two gifts one a week later. I was given confirmation number and estimated arrival date. Arrival date came and went and no gift. I called customer service. Told them I needed gift for granddaughter's graduation. Told nothing they could do. No help whatsoever. Didn't seem to care that was told latest date to receive would be June 6, 2018. Graduation came and went. No gift. Called customer service. Told them I received the gift I ordered for my daughter which was suppose to come June 22, 2018. Tried to explain where is the first gift I ordered. Was given incorrect info 3 times. They were mixed up with the 2 orders. I explained they ruined my graduation suprise and when will the gift arrive. Not sure. They thought maybe July 22, 2018.

The only word they know is, "I apologize." No resolution. No date when I would get it. Would not give me the ceo name to write a letter. Customer service knows nothing. So sorry I didn't read these reveiws so for my stupidity this company has caused me a lot of stress and disappointment. Also when I got the first gift I wanted to cry. It was so small. I paid $70 for it. I am embarrassed to give this to my daughter. I thought it was a music jewelry box and you probably can't get 4 rings in this small container. If I ever get my granddaughter's gift I am sure I will be unhappy with it. This company should be put out of business. They are a disgrace for a business.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I ordered an MLB watch for Father's Day, which is a week away. I paid an extra $21 for 2 day shipping on top of the $144 for the watch. My total with tax and fees was $182. My watch still hasn’t come in the mail so I went on The Bradford Exchange website to track my item and it said that they canceled my item! No notification, no email, no call, nothing. Cancelled it without telling me. Said it was canceled due to me not paying even though it took out from my credit card! Told me to call customer service on the bottom of the tracking information and cannot get through. SCAM, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Ordered a ring for my wife for Mother's Day with the understanding it would arrive prior. That did not happen and when it did arrive it was a size 6.5 versus an 8. It is now at Kay's getting resized for an additional $40+. The names of our 5 children were correctly engraved with the proper birthstones (I suppose).

Original review: May 30, 2018

This Together For Always Personalized Ring looked so pretty on the Bradford Exchange site. However, when I received the ring, it was so small. The little birthstone chips were so small, you could truly overlook that they were there. I even looked at the engraving under a magnifying glass and still could not read the names. This was a Mother's Day gift for my daughter, who is an amazing single parent. Also, it was guaranteed for delivery by Mother's Day. I didn't receive it until the Thurs. after Mother's Day!! I even spoke with a customer service rep two days before who guaranteed me that I would receive it for Mother's Day. I was so disappointed with this ring and the failed delivery date. I will never buy anything again from Bradford Exchange.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I am writing this review on in order to keep others from having the horrible experience with Bradford Exchange that I am having. In their advertisement the Granddaughter Diamond Gift Pendant was beautiful as well as the poem card for my granddaughter. When it arrived, it was so small that the word "LOVE" is illegible and the poem card was not even included. I am unable to return it since I've already informed my granddaughter I had purchased it for her. I am totally disappointed and ashamed to give it to her! Therefore, I am stuck paying $108.97 for an extremely ridiculous gift. Again, the poem card was not even included as it was promised. You can see that even the chain is very insufficient. I am very upset that I must pay that amount of money for such a shameful gift. I strongly believe that they should be put out of business for their false advertising as well as the horrible quality of their products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

Original review: May 23, 2018

I purchased the wriggly field main gate twice from the Bradford Exchange. Both times the order was delayed by 3-4 months. When I received the order the first time it came damaged. A call was placed to customer service however they were not empathetic to the several month delay and damage. I reordered the item Dec 2017. The item was delayed to be shipped 5/2/18 and I still have not received it. Today I called customer service and they have been unhelpful and not empathetic. The Bradford Exchange has terrible customer service and I would absolutely not recommend purchasing from Them. Per customer service today anyone who ordered this item #001 as of December 2016 has not yet received it and they do not know when they will; they are still on back order. The management from customer service notes they are contacting marketing and waiting to hear back.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered checks from them on the phone which I was charged for and told about the charge. The only reason l did it on the phone was because the original order I placed did not go through. After ordering I started getting emails from EZ Shield, I did not order this and was told I PAID for it when I ordered my checks! There is no way they will refund my money so I'm stuck with something I really dont need or want! I will not order from them again!

Original review: May 19, 2018

Many years ago I ordered something from this outfit and made the mistake of giving them my cc number. I kept receiving things I didn't order and they charged my cc. I refused items and returned them unopened. I expected a cc refund. Never happened. They kept the money and their junk. In order to get them to stop charging my card I had to ask my bank for a new card number. Since they can no longer charge my card they send me "collection notices" -- Got one today from "North Shore Agency" for something they say they sent in Jul 2017. I never ordered anything, never received anything and have sent letters and emails repeatedly telling them and their collection agency to stop -- to no avail. I hate to hire a lawyer for $69 -- I guess that's what they are counting on. In the meantime they soaked my cc without my permission for many $100s (gave them permission for one item).

Original review: May 17, 2018

I ordered a memory necklace for a friend. I paid the $21 2 day shipping fee. It should have been at my house on May 16, 2018. It did not arrive. I paid the extra amount because I needed it on the 16th. There is no way that you can even check the status of where the item is. When I go on and check the status it just says they received the order and it will be delivered on the 16th. Maybe they mean May 16, 2019. Not really even funny.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I ordered the Harry Potter Snow Globe with the train that runs through it. The first one I got had clumps of snow in the globe. The switch to turn the light on to see the snow was not straight. It was at an angle and I had to use pliers to bend it. Then when I finally got the light on and the train working it would go through the tunnel because that whole area was aligned wrong. I sent back. The next one I got had no packing foam and was broke upon arrival with a plastic postal box holding it all together. The 3rd well it was all messed up. Everything about it was bad. It had an input hole to plug in an adapter but no adapter was included. Customer service said a lot of people are complaining about no adapter. Have to use batteries. I gave up and refund took long, delivery long also for all 3 items. I can't stand this business. DON'T BUY FROM THIS CRAZY PLACE. Not worth your time.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I ordered myself a mother's ring for Mother's Day. I placed my order on May 2, 2018 and was told it would arrive by Mother's Day. I checked the status of my order on Friday May 11, 2018 to find that the shipping date had changed to June so my husband decided to call them to see what was going on. The lady he spoke to hung up on him. The status eventually updated and the tracking is showing that it will arrive Wednesday May 16, 2018. I wouldn't have ordered from them if they had been honest about the shipping date. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 14, 2018

A few weeks ago, I ordered a custom made bracelet for my 94 year old mother for Mother’s Day. It was guaranteed delivery for the Saturday before. Mother’s Day day rolled around and no bracelet. This morning (Monday) I called their customer service department who is located in Central America, only to be told it now won’t get here until Wednesday. I am so angry and disappointed and will never order from them again! So much for guaranteed delivery! Beware of this horrible company.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I thought the photos of the "Wonderland Express Christmas Tree" were really nice. It showed wonderful, very detailed scenes with Victorian houses, trees, ice skaters on ponds, etc. with three trains going around and a flying Santa in his sleigh at the top. It was $149.00 and you could make a few payments. I ordered this item and selected the payment plan. They charged my bank card for the first payment. When it arrived and I opened the box, it had the trains and Santa sleigh as pictured but the houses and scenes were NOTHING like what was pictured on their website.

When I sent an email to the company, stating I was returning the item the next day because it didn't look like what I had ordered and I wanted a refund, the excuse for the difference in what they showed on the website and what I got was "an artist's rendering". WHAT?! I was informed it could take up to 30 days to process the return and get a refund. Seriously? My experience with returning items and getting a refund from online orders with other companies takes just ten days to two weeks to process. I am very disappointed that I didn't get WHAT WAS SHOWN and I won't be doing any future business with the Bradford Exchange. Now I have to wait patiently for a refund...

Updated on 05/26/2018: I am STILL waiting for the refund for the returned item. I had called their customer service last week to inquire and the rep said it will take a little longer. I told her to make sure my bank account was not billed again (4 payments had been set up) and she ASSURED me that I would not be billed again and I should get my refund soon. Today I was looking at my bank account on line and saw a pending debit from this horrible company for $42.48! They are still billing me for a RETURNED item. I tried calling but they have no customer service on the weekends. That figures... I did call my bank and they said once the debit goes through (can't do it while still pending) I can dispute it so I will be doing that. Meanwhile, I urge people NOT to do business with this company. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Placed a small order ($70.00 music box) for my daughter without checking reviews. Mistake I'm sure. Thought about placing a larger purchase for jewelry and because I've really had problems getting any updates on my original order, I have concerns. Contacted the customer service to see how to get to the reviews on their website. YOU CANNOT SEE OR LEAVE A REVIEW FOR BRADFORD EXCHANGE! Think I will go to my local jewelry store to place an order of a substantial and important purchase. My suggestion would be just that for other customers looking to make such purchases. Buyer beware! Reviews are very important and very helpful.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I ordered a necklace online for my granddaughter's birthday and paid for it upfront. I received a letter in the mail stating that because of activity at this address they cancelled the order. Now if I was asking for credit I would have understood but I paid for it and now that I read the reviews I guess it's a blessing that it was cancelled. AMEN. No more online shopping for me. Strictly local.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I ordered a collectible for my mother for 2018 Mother's Day. I received a confirmation bill as well as a notice of shipping date. I recently called to ensure that the shipping date was accurate. I was told that the item was delayed until late June. Luckily, I called to confirm as there was no notification sent to me as to the delay. I was on hold for 34 minutes until the phone was answered.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I ordered a personalized Semper Fi ring from Bradford Exchange on 3/31/2018. On 4/12/2018 I received a notice that it would be shipped on or about 4/23/2018. The order status now indicates that it will be shipped on or about 5/28/2018. Bradford Exchange has failed to reply to my Emails requesting the reason for the delay. I will never order anything else from this business.

Original review: April 12, 2018

My wife only wears this ring occasionally. Were not thrilled with the small (really small) stones on the sides of the stone but the stone was ok. Today while she was wearing it the stone simply fell out. I contacted the Exchange and they said the one year warranty does NOT apply to their jewelry that is only 120. I am guessing they know their product and that is the reason for the lesser time frame.

Original review: April 12, 2018

My mother bought me 3 pieces of jewelry with gold--I don't wear gold. In December 2017, I called customer service and spoke to Rose who told me I could return the pieces and exchange them or have a refund issued to my mother. I told them to issue the refund to my mother and she directed me to return the items in 3 separate packages--she even sent me the return labels. I was told the refund would be issued within 60 days. It is now April 2018, my mother has never received a refund. I contacted Fran-- a supervisor and she told me they never received the returns so there could be no refund issued. Really? Seriously? Someone needs to start a class-action lawsuit against them--I would be the first to sign up. Now, my mom is out about $400.00 and I am missing 3 gifts from her.

Original review: April 10, 2018

FRAUD. I have sent back all items, received no refund still and no communication 5 months later. They have now sent me to a collection agency for a small amount of money, even though they have my credit card on file and it works. The refund they owe me would cover the issue as well. This company tries to trap you and take advantage of you. Stay away.

Original review: April 6, 2018

"Together In Love" women's ring - has white diamonds and chocolate diamonds with names engraved and is rose gold all over. The rose gold is fading away and I spend a few dollars on this ring. Love it until now and I just bought in Aug 17. Please do not buy anything with rose gold from them.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I was getting the train pieces and after 6 I decided to cancel. I called the number to cancel and they said they cancel my subscription but that I had 2 more payments (which was false) I asked to pay in full and cancel all monthly payments to cancel as of June 2017. Then I start to see charges from Hawthorne Village (not the Bradford exchange) and every time I called they refused to give me any information unless I provided the full credit card number- which I was not going to give them. I wanted them to stop charging as I never signed up for it. I had to call my credit card company and get the 7 charges of $30 refunded and now March 2018 receiving debt collection notices. I never received any pieces from whatever Hawthorne is. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH EITHER COMPANY.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Whitetail Gathering Wall Clock With Buck Sculpture. My boyfriend purchased this clock and to his shock and dismay discovered that it was made of plastic. The cuckoo itself broke and it makes a sad sick noise, rather than a chirp. Considering this piece was nearly $200, it could have at least been made from even pine and they would have made a profit. There is nothing in the description saying that it is in fact plastic. Likely made in China. Save your money.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I purchased on March 28, 2018 a realistic baby doll for my granddaughter birthday. So I had called on Thursday to make sure it was shipped and it would be at my home in time for her bday. Well it wasn’t. I paid for two day shipping. It’s Sat I still don’t have doll and my granddaughter only thinks I forgot her birthday. She is only 5. She doesn’t understand that this company scams people out of money for shipping. Two days is two days not next week Thursday. I paid 26.99 for it to be shipped in 2 days. Their customer service sucks. It's people you can’t understand.

They are in a boat in ocean answering phones for all kinds of companies. It’s sad our jobs are being given to foreign people that are not USA citizens. Period! ATT, Spectrum, Sprint, Bradford Exchange, Ashton Drake. All do this. O btw did y’all know that the Bradford Exchange and Ashton Drake are actually the same company? Yes it is. Beware and be careful buying anything from this company. I’ve never had such poor customer service. They def don’t know how to not interrupt people as they are speaking. Don’t care you pay 26.99 for 2 day shipping and item is still not here 3.5 days later. Ugh I’m so pissed.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I was all excited to purchase some really cute checks. They have a “special” buy one get one free! Super exciting right... Wrong! As I’m checking out, I noticed my purchase amount almost doubled because they charge $8.98 for shipping, not once but twice! That’s $19 for shipping! If it’s too good to be true it ALWAYS is.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Online it says 3 shipments of 49.99. Well. Untrue. Very untrue. In fact, they charge my card 10 times for 10 shipments. I contacted the customer service line and they assured me it was only 3 shipments. Lies!!! I only received 3 shipments but they charged my card 4 times. I won’t be getting a refund cause I can’t prove it wasn’t delivered. Poor customer service. I will never order from them again!!!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I ordered a Fairy Garden piece, one of a set. In their online display of this item, they show it with several additional pieces that do not come with the order. When I received it, I contacted them. They refused to provide the 2 or 3 (not many) additional items in spite of their dishonest advertising. They continue to use false advertising with their display. I complained to the Better Business Bureau. The BBB is merely an arbitrator for a solution; however, negative reviews will affect the business' rating. I recommend all unhappy customers take the few minutes to fill out the online complaint to the BBB about this terrible company and thus show the truth about it.

I returned the order and canceled any future items. A few weeks later, they sent me another item (and charged my credit card) in spite of my cancellation. They cannot be trusted; they are dishonest and do not take responsibility for their actions. They do not value or respect customers. I had to return that product, had to take the time to go to a post office, all because of their mistake!!! An apology? Absolutely not. They even went on to send two more letters threatening to charge me for the item I had returned. Disgusting. Again, contact BBB if you are screwed by this company. The truth must come out!

Original review: March 18, 2018

At Christmas I was given this clock (Kitchen Capers) which did not include the pendulum. I have gone back and forth with Bradford Exchange for at least 12 contacts. I have heard they 1.) Don't have parts. 2.) They don't have any contact information for their manufacturer where I might be able to buy a replacement part. 3.) They don't exchange unless you have all of the payment information which I don't since it was a gift. 4.) They can't find the payment information but at one point one of the customer service reps inferred that they had the information because if I went through the box one more time and didn't find the pendulum in the packing, they would send it.

I've tried eBay and Amazon for parts with no success. I have tried the artist's name hoping to find a manufacturer or contact information for the artist in hopes of finding a part with no success. This has been absolutely insane. If I have a clock that is working properly, why would I have to return the whole clock in order to get a part that they did not include in the original packaging. This occurred by no fault of my own. They didn't include the pendulum and now do not want to make sure that I am made whole. I no longer work for the person who got this for me for Christmas so there is no way that I will get the order information. TERRIBLE COMPANY TO DEAL WITH AND I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM DIRECTLY. Customer service is non-existent. They keep emailing the same prewritten text to every request.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I reordered checks for our checking account online. We have ordered from them for years. They have our information on file. I ordered two boxes with duplicates. When I received the checks, the last number was missing on all of the checks and the deposit slips. When I called them, they said that because I didn't buy all of their extra charges, they would not refund on the order. I have 2 boxes of checks that are not good. I will NEVER order from this company again. The customer service line is a joke. I'd rather pay double to someone than to order from a company that is so careless with something as important as your bank account.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

It's a shame that company that some really nice products has such poor customer service. The supervisors are very rude, and unprofessional. Items will show in stock and when ordered find out they aren't, I was told an amount by a supervisor when I placed my order and was charged $50 more. They replaced $30 and stated that was all they were gonna do, my first and last order from this company. The reviews giving this company a 1.- 1.7 average rating out of 5 are very very true. Best advice is to pay attention to the reviews. I wish I had used better judgment. I hope my mistake can help others avoid the same experience.

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Information