1.18/5

411 The Bradford Exchange Online Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

An item I ordered for my father's 92nd birthday, to be engraved with his initials, did not arrive in time, despite it having been waiting at their engravers for over 4 weeks. Customer services were the epitome of unhelpful. I will never order from them again and strongly advise you not to do the same. The only thing they are quick about taking is your money! If you want something for a special occasion don't waste your time - go elsewhere. When I explained the situation and asked if there was anything that could be done to help, the word "NO" was all I could hear. It is hard to imagine a poorer service.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My Father who is 78 ordered an Elvis bracelet for my mom for their anniversary, total cost £149.99. They told him it would be £29.99 per month plus delivery of £6.99 total being £36.98. They took the payment, then a week later tried to take another payment of £36.98 but his bank stopped it. No bracelet turned up. He called them to get a refund. They sent him out an insurance form, he completed it and sent it off a week ago. Today he has had a letter asking him to send the bracelet back which he never received. He called them. They said they have not received the insurance form, so today I have emailed them asking them to send me an insurance form. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DESPICABLE. Please read the reviews on Trust Pilot, the reviews which are more bad than good says it all, don't waste your money.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Though Bradford Exchange offers beautiful merchandise, the delivery of such items is untimely. Two years in a row I ordered a special item for my daughter's birthday. I was assured it would be delivered BEFORE the date I needed. On the day is was scheduled to arrive, I tracked my item, the delivery date was CHANGED TO AN ADDITIONAL MONTH LATER. This makes the delivery of my items, over two months. I called to get a better understanding. Nothing could be done because it was a personalized item. So I attempted to purchase another, without the personalization, and it was not offered without being personalized. SO once again, I have missed my daughter's birthday. I will never order from Bradford Exchange again. The item was ordered August 17 NOW DUE TO BE SHIPPED OUT OCTOBER 11.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I ordered Thomas Kinkade Illuminated "Nativity Story" Garland in memory of my mom. It says on their flyer that they mail you as well as their website, $49.99 US Each Issue Or 3 installments of $16.66 US s&s◇ $9.99 US. I paid it and was thinking that I was finished paying... What they don't tell you is each section is that price or more. They charged me 64 and some change. I called and complained about it, and I spoke with Rebecca **. She said that I misunderstood and everything is correct that they list the price of each section. I have gone over it three times, and they do not list that each section is a certain price. Also this is what she put into the email... It will take up to 30 days for it to be processed in their warehouse, and an additional 1-2 for the refund to be processed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Bradford Exchange customer service is courteous and competent. Their phone number (1-866-503-9057) is easy to find online. Their hold music is enjoyable and wait time wasn't excessive. The CSR I spoke to helped by also removing my wife from their mailing list. As always it takes a while to stop receiving mail, but I receive almost no junk mail (my wife receives a lot).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I ordered checks and could order free magazines for 1 year. I would have to approve future subscriptions. I picked House Beautiful, HGTV, and Taste of Home. I have tried for the last year to cancel all three and have been unsuccessful. I contacted the Bradford Exchange and they said they couldn't cancel them to contact the magazines. I have sent emails and cancellations by mail and have been told to contact the Bradford Exchange. My charge card company said to contact the one I first ordered them from. I consider this a SCAM! Will not be buying anythings from any of these companies again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

November 25 2017 I ordered a train for my godson Christmas Gift. My CC was charged $89.99. I received the train and all was perfect, until they start sending me more trains, I keep returning them. Come to find out they have have been charging my cc $30.00 for three months in addition to initial $89.99. I asked my bank to return the charges except $89.99. This Company has nerve to report me to collection agency that I owe them $89.99. I emailed asking them to stop sending me bogus invoices, but they do not quit, I have asked them to provide contract I signed/agreed for an ongoing order, they provide nothing!! Is this Legal? So frustrating, I report them to BBB as well. Someone stop this people ruin consumer Credit for nothing.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I ordered the Patriots Super Bowl ring and just after the warranty ran out the middle of the ring broke. The middle Patriots emblem was nothing more than a plastic piece. A real piece of crap. The customer service line left me on hold for at least 25 min. before they answered and then they were like, "Whatever can’t help you." Wish I knew their jewelry came with a lousy 1 year warranty. Who gives just a 1 year warranty on jewelry. Piece of crap jewelry and customer service.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I ordered a personalized music box on June 25th for my wife and our anniversary. I was told when I ordered it would ship between July 11th and July 25th. My anniversary has long since come and gone as I write this. When I recently looked up my order status, my item is now not supposed to even ship for another 2 weeks! When contacted, they said they can't guarantee delivery time for personalized items, which now will be months. So if you don't mind waiting literally months for your personalized items, I wouldn't recommend them. Since they missed my July anniversary, maybe they'll finally get me my item in a few months in time for Christmas.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered the Hollywood Royalty ring. Paid the full price, it’s been 4 days since I’ve ordered it, I picked 2-day shipping and I have not been sent any email saying it’s been shipped! And when I track my order status all it’s saying is that it will ship by September 15th... that’s a month from now!!?? I am not really pleased with Bradford Exchange right now and I don’t know if I ever will order from them ever again!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Advertising by mail minimum 4 times per week - I have been on hold to speak with Bradford c.s. for 12 minutes and counting. Again. I have tried to get off of this incredibly arrogant and annoying company's mailing list for 2 months. Computer requests are ignored, and when finally able to speak to one of their incompetents and assured my name would be removed from their mailing list, I am still bombarded with their JUNK mail. The products are JUNK as well.

Received two more GARBAGE ads in today's mail. They really think we will buy from them again? They don't realize we trash their name at any opportunity? They have no clue how many customers they never get from these reviews, and their MARKETING MONKEYS don't get it. This approach gets them enough revenue to continue in this manner. 16 minutes on hold and suddenly disconnected. Don't ever buy a product from these lying, cheating arrogant punks if you work hard for your money. You will be sorry with your mediocre product and you will never stop hearing from them trying to sell you more garbage.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Purchased three personalized musical boxes for my granddaughters for their 10th birthday. I selected each one with a special message for each one of them. Something special to leave them as a memory. When received, no message. Called and I was told to go online and print the message. Asked to have it sent and never received. Very disappointed of the service provided. Do not recommend The Bradford Exchange products.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I bought a Letter of Love pendant for my daughter. It states that it has two diamonds on it, well I pulled out a magnifying glass to see such diamonds but I couldn't. Not only did the diamonds not exist but the writing on the pendant was unreadable. Also I noticed it was made in China. I'm going to return for a full refund so I hope that goes well.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Denver Broncos purse for my sister, because it’s her favorite team. I paid in full and had the purse sent directly to her as a gift, and they sent my sister a bill saying extra postage was owed. I paid the postage and they wanted her to pay $14.95 for postage, what a rip off, and I told her not pay it. Then one week later her $150.00 Broncos purse starts falling apart!!! The strap broke on her $150.00 leather purse, and the Broncos logo started rubbing off. I will never buy anything from these people again!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I ordered a cuckoo clock for my husband in April and I have not received it or finished paying for it. I have no bill from them. There is no telephone number for them and information has no phone number either. I want my clock.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I ordered this Smithsonian Reconnaissance Collectors Watch April 11th 2018. It was guaranteed to arrive before my son's graduation on May 18th. It never arrived and after contacting the company I was told it was on backorder. It would be shipped out in June. In June it never arrived I contacted the company and they resubmitted my order supposedly anyway and it was due to ship out on July 11th. Today July 16th I contacted the company once again and this time I was told that I never chose to reinstate my order so now I have been waiting all these months for the special gift for my son's commission as an officer in the Navy and I have nothing to give to him and they still have my money. If I could give them a - 0 I would. This is atrocious and all I can get from a customer services, "Oh I'm so sorry that you chose not to reinstate your order. I can't refund your money!!!" Outrageous. Beware of this company they suck!!!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble from Bradford Exchange. Their customer service is anything but. I ordered a set of 4 status and they were supposed to be paid for by my PayPal account. First they kept sending them to the wrong address and it took numerous tries to get them to correct that. Then they took money from my account and I have no idea what they did with it since they cannot find the payment. They lost my PayPal information. Over worst company ever created. Not to be trusted.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I ordered a Christmas Village set via subscription that was 3 issues. I received everything in good time and the quality was nice. The subscription should have ended. Instead, in January another piece came in the mail and the company automatically charged my credit card with no notification that they were "extending" the subscription. There was no advertisement/sign of a fourth piece anywhere on the website. Meanwhile my credit had expired and I had a new one, so the final payment or the village piece I did not order did not go through. They sent me a letter saying I was going to collections. I went online. There is NO PLACE to cancel a subscription or make a payment online to be done with this. There is also no phone number to speak with customer service to resolve the issue. The only message avenue is to email them... still haven't heard back. I will never order from them again. Terrible customer service and fraudulent business practices.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I ordered two gifts one a week later. I was given confirmation number and estimated arrival date. Arrival date came and went and no gift. I called customer service. Told them I needed gift for granddaughter's graduation. Told nothing they could do. No help whatsoever. Didn't seem to care that was told latest date to receive would be June 6, 2018. Graduation came and went. No gift. Called customer service. Told them I received the gift I ordered for my daughter which was suppose to come June 22, 2018. Tried to explain where is the first gift I ordered. Was given incorrect info 3 times. They were mixed up with the 2 orders. I explained they ruined my graduation suprise and when will the gift arrive. Not sure. They thought maybe July 22, 2018.

The only word they know is, "I apologize." No resolution. No date when I would get it. Would not give me the ceo name to write a letter. Customer service knows nothing. So sorry I didn't read these reveiws so for my stupidity this company has caused me a lot of stress and disappointment. Also when I got the first gift I wanted to cry. It was so small. I paid $70 for it. I am embarrassed to give this to my daughter. I thought it was a music jewelry box and you probably can't get 4 rings in this small container. If I ever get my granddaughter's gift I am sure I will be unhappy with it. This company should be put out of business. They are a disgrace for a business.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I ordered an MLB watch for Father's Day, which is a week away. I paid an extra $21 for 2 day shipping on top of the $144 for the watch. My total with tax and fees was $182. My watch still hasn’t come in the mail so I went on The Bradford Exchange website to track my item and it said that they canceled my item! No notification, no email, no call, nothing. Cancelled it without telling me. Said it was canceled due to me not paying even though it took out from my credit card! Told me to call customer service on the bottom of the tracking information and cannot get through. SCAM, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 2, 2018

Ordered a ring for my wife for Mother's Day with the understanding it would arrive prior. That did not happen and when it did arrive it was a size 6.5 versus an 8. It is now at Kay's getting resized for an additional $40+. The names of our 5 children were correctly engraved with the proper birthstones (I suppose).

Original review: May 30, 2018

This Together For Always Personalized Ring looked so pretty on the Bradford Exchange site. However, when I received the ring, it was so small. The little birthstone chips were so small, you could truly overlook that they were there. I even looked at the engraving under a magnifying glass and still could not read the names. This was a Mother's Day gift for my daughter, who is an amazing single parent. Also, it was guaranteed for delivery by Mother's Day. I didn't receive it until the Thurs. after Mother's Day!! I even spoke with a customer service rep two days before who guaranteed me that I would receive it for Mother's Day. I was so disappointed with this ring and the failed delivery date. I will never buy anything again from Bradford Exchange.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I am writing this review on in order to keep others from having the horrible experience with Bradford Exchange that I am having. In their advertisement the Granddaughter Diamond Gift Pendant was beautiful as well as the poem card for my granddaughter. When it arrived, it was so small that the word "LOVE" is illegible and the poem card was not even included. I am unable to return it since I've already informed my granddaughter I had purchased it for her. I am totally disappointed and ashamed to give it to her! Therefore, I am stuck paying $108.97 for an extremely ridiculous gift. Again, the poem card was not even included as it was promised. You can see that even the chain is very insufficient. I am very upset that I must pay that amount of money for such a shameful gift. I strongly believe that they should be put out of business for their false advertising as well as the horrible quality of their products.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I purchased the wriggly field main gate twice from the Bradford Exchange. Both times the order was delayed by 3-4 months. When I received the order the first time it came damaged. A call was placed to customer service however they were not empathetic to the several month delay and damage. I reordered the item Dec 2017. The item was delayed to be shipped 5/2/18 and I still have not received it. Today I called customer service and they have been unhelpful and not empathetic. The Bradford Exchange has terrible customer service and I would absolutely not recommend purchasing from Them. Per customer service today anyone who ordered this item #001 as of December 2016 has not yet received it and they do not know when they will; they are still on back order. The management from customer service notes they are contacting marketing and waiting to hear back.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered checks from them on the phone which I was charged for and told about the charge. The only reason l did it on the phone was because the original order I placed did not go through. After ordering I started getting emails from EZ Shield, I did not order this and was told I PAID for it when I ordered my checks! There is no way they will refund my money so I'm stuck with something I really dont need or want! I will not order from them again!

Original review: May 19, 2018

Many years ago I ordered something from this outfit and made the mistake of giving them my cc number. I kept receiving things I didn't order and they charged my cc. I refused items and returned them unopened. I expected a cc refund. Never happened. They kept the money and their junk. In order to get them to stop charging my card I had to ask my bank for a new card number. Since they can no longer charge my card they send me "collection notices" -- Got one today from "North Shore Agency" for something they say they sent in Jul 2017. I never ordered anything, never received anything and have sent letters and emails repeatedly telling them and their collection agency to stop -- to no avail. I hate to hire a lawyer for $69 -- I guess that's what they are counting on. In the meantime they soaked my cc without my permission for many $100s (gave them permission for one item).

Original review: May 17, 2018

I ordered a memory necklace for a friend. I paid the $21 2 day shipping fee. It should have been at my house on May 16, 2018. It did not arrive. I paid the extra amount because I needed it on the 16th. There is no way that you can even check the status of where the item is. When I go on and check the status it just says they received the order and it will be delivered on the 16th. Maybe they mean May 16, 2019. Not really even funny.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I ordered the Harry Potter Snow Globe with the train that runs through it. The first one I got had clumps of snow in the globe. The switch to turn the light on to see the snow was not straight. It was at an angle and I had to use pliers to bend it. Then when I finally got the light on and the train working it would go through the tunnel because that whole area was aligned wrong. I sent back. The next one I got had no packing foam and was broke upon arrival with a plastic postal box holding it all together. The 3rd well it was all messed up. Everything about it was bad. It had an input hole to plug in an adapter but no adapter was included. Customer service said a lot of people are complaining about no adapter. Have to use batteries. I gave up and refund took long, delivery long also for all 3 items. I can't stand this business. DON'T BUY FROM THIS CRAZY PLACE. Not worth your time.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I ordered myself a mother's ring for Mother's Day. I placed my order on May 2, 2018 and was told it would arrive by Mother's Day. I checked the status of my order on Friday May 11, 2018 to find that the shipping date had changed to June so my husband decided to call them to see what was going on. The lady he spoke to hung up on him. The status eventually updated and the tracking is showing that it will arrive Wednesday May 16, 2018. I wouldn't have ordered from them if they had been honest about the shipping date. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 14, 2018

A few weeks ago, I ordered a custom made bracelet for my 94 year old mother for Mother’s Day. It was guaranteed delivery for the Saturday before. Mother’s Day day rolled around and no bracelet. This morning (Monday) I called their customer service department who is located in Central America, only to be told it now won’t get here until Wednesday. I am so angry and disappointed and will never order from them again! So much for guaranteed delivery! Beware of this horrible company.

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Information