1.55/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

331 The Bradford Exchange Online Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I bought one item from The Bradford Exchange and they began sending me unsolicited items and charging me. I returned the second item unopened and called their customer service. They assured me that they would stop immediately, however, today (many months later), I received a threatening letter about my credit rating because I had not paid them. I see similar complaints against the company online. I will NOT order anything else from this dubious company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Bradford Exchange mishandling. I ordered a gift for a close friend in August 2017. I received confirmation of the order and an anticipated delivery date of early September. The gift was for a birthday in late August (ordered 2.5 weeks prior). I provided a photo of the item along with the promise that the item would arrive in early Sept. My friend was thrilled with the prospect of the gift. In early September, with no delivery, I went online to check the status. The new date was in mid-October. No attempt to communicate with me via email or phone or US mail was made to let me know why the order was delayed.

I let my friend know about the new date. In October, I was made aware of a postcard that reflected a new delivery date in November. Again, I let my friend know of the new delivery date. Imagine my shock when I went online and found that the order was canceled! After much frustration with their website, I found a phone number and spoke to a customer representative.

I explained the history and found out that the postcard received required either a phone call or a return response. The order was re-entered. I requested that a new delivery date and after getting approval from the staff supervisor to waive the charges, I was promised 2 day FedEx delivery. 2 days later I found that the clerk had entered the wrong account information so I called the 24/7 line and provided updated billing information. I received confirmation that the item was shipped. When I checked the FedEx tracking, I saw a delivery date for the next day. However the status only showed 'label created'.

When I did not get the delivery the following evening by 8 PM per the original FedEx notice, I decided to allow another day or 2. The following Monday, when no item was delivered over the weekend, I again called the Bradford Exchange. I was told by the phone support that I was going to receive the item in 5-7 days. I asked to speak to the supervisor since I had already gotten the 2 day FedEx approved. After getting put on hold for 10-15 minutes, the supervisor told me that the shipment was going to take 3-5 days. She offered to re-order the item with a 2 day shipment but at that point, I was told the original order would arrive in 2 days.

I was told that if the item has not arrived by Wednesday, I should call again. Since FedEx can deliver as late as 8 PM, if the item has not been shipped, I will have to wait until Friday as Thursday is a holiday to get any updated status. I will not order from this company again as their service and ability to ship items as promised has not happened. I want to make sure that this gets on record. I am very disappointed at the lack of information, the delay in receiving an item that I ordered 4 months ago and still have not received.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

1.0 star rating 11/16/2017. Wish there was 1/2 star... Got my checks, order was wrong, I called and was told that I could still use the checks, just throw away the carbon paper each time I wrote a check if I did not like them. Also told there is no refund or review and that was what I ordered. Finally, she apologized - really? What did she apologize for? Her attitude, her lack of customer service, her stupid company's policy? One more thing... The checks are a really poor quality paper and ink print... Also glued to a cardboard backing and checks had to be bent to release - now all my check have curled edges. Oh well, guess I got ** by Bradford Exchange Checks. BIG waste of time and energy!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I bought the "Native American Men Thunderbird Ring" in May, 2017 for my husband for Father's Day. He had seen it advertised by Bradford Exchange. It arrived on time and my husband loved it. About a month after the 120 day guarantee, the stone fell out of the ring while being worn, dropped to the ground and broke in 3 pieces. My husband called Bradford to see if they would stand by the quality of the ring. After 30 minutes of being on hold or routed to another "hold" someone answered and their response was No. If he would pay for another ring, they would give him $20 off. I paid $160.98 for this ring. My husband takes excellent care of his jewelry. Bradford does not back the quality or workmanship of their products. They are very difficult to reach to discuss anything. I would never buy anything from them again. Also, there are two paragraphs on our invoice both ending "for a lifetime of enjoyment" and "will bring you many years of enjoyment".

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Looking at the photos online for the bridal ring set I ordered the personalized engraving has deep smooth lines, very professional looking. What you really get is engraving that looks like it was done with a vibrating style engraver, the edges are rough, can see the little dots the tool made and is barely readable. When I complained all I got back was: “We are always glad to hear from our clients and welcome your feedback. Rest assured your comments have been forwarded on to the appropriate department. We apologize for any concerns you may have and we will do our best to address these issues in the future.” Now that real customer service. NOT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

After reading so many negative reviews about this company, I feel obliged to write about my own experience with Bradford. One of the best, I had no problems when ordering and paying for my item... I would recommend this company to anyone, highly delighted.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

For my daughter's 16th birthday, we ordered her a special ring from Bradford Exchange, with a guaranteed delivery date. When a package arrived from BE, it turned out to not be her ring. My wife contacted them about their mistake, and they assured us that they would send out the ring when we returned the wrong item, which we did. And the ring never came... Despite several calls to them, they continued to not rectify the situation.

Finally, I called them, and got through to a manager. I was informed that the warranty had expired, and that the best they could do was provide a 20% discount on another purchase. I informed the manager that 1) it was not a warranty issue - nothing was wrong with the product because we never got it! and 2) they had over $100 of ours and had delivered no product. The manager told me she would take it up with her manager, and see what she could do. I never received a callback. I would suggest to the people at Bradford Exchange to look up the word "integrity," because they demonstrate a complete lack of it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My wife saw a Mother's Ring on Bradford Exchange Online. She liked what she saw, so I ordered it for her. When it came, it was smaller than expected (ring size was accurate). Yet, she liked it. Sadly, one of the stones fell out. I contacted Bradford Exchange via their online Customer Service. In a few days I received an email response stating that they would credit my Credit Card for the cost of the purchase. And the credit did appear on my statement. We are very pleased with Bradford Exchange.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I would never bother with this Company!! I put in an order for an expensive doll for my Daughter back in September only to be told that it now is not going into production. This doll was under QC but Bradford still had the check to take money from my account. At first Customer Service said that it had been dispatched and took the payment, then it was under Qc.

I'd made several phone calls, sent several emails with no response. Don't bother ringing their dumb phone line as all you get is an automated service saying to leave a number they can call you back on in the next 8 working hours. Yeah like hell!!! Twice I left my number and no one bothered to ring back!!! After over a few weeks of emails and phoning, I finally get a response saying they are going to send me a refund. I have been stressed not been able to concentrate on anything because of this. I recently rang Consumer because I was so distressed. So be warned people of this Company!! I ordered a nice doll off Amazon it came within a week of ordering. WILL NOT BE BOTHERING WITH BRADFORD EXCHANGE EVER AGAIN!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Assured purchase could/would be shipped in time frame requested... before 10/14... at least 3 calls made to customer service... 1st told ready to be shipped 2nd told it would be in mail next day... nothing... would suggest employees be taught to tell it like it really is. Final call it was mailed and we did receive it Monday this week. Have ordered several products in the past without problem... product fine BUT do not plan to make any more purchases from your company.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I put an order in for an expensive doll for my daughters birthday on the 1st October (2 weeks ago). I received an order confirmation - then nothing. I waited about 10 days and thought I'd write to CS to see if there were any developments. Heard nothing back. Tried to call and automated message to leave my number so they would call back in 8 hours. I heard nothing from email or phone.

Fortunately, I decided to check out their reviews and I did on here. Thank goodness I came here. I tried to cancel my order straight away. I still don't know if it's been canceled as they keep asking me every few day to confirm my account number, order number and address (already confirmed in email). Anyway, I was so worried as I didn't want £160 leaving my account, not knowing when on earth it could arrive so I canceled the card I put down on the order. I just hope this works!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

VERY VERY DISSATISFIED. SORRY I ORDERED THIS ITEM. I ordered this Chicago Cubs world series champions Christmas tree collection (918000) November 2016 that I thought would be a Christmas gift for my husband. Almost 1 year later I am still paying for this tree & do not even have 1/2 of the items. They have deducted from my account $209.94 & I have received 3 shipments of which I do not think the received shipments were worth $209.94. Their ads are very misleading. I don't think I will have received the completed tree within 2 yrs and they are advertising this item again this year. DON'T BUY THIS ITEM...

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

In late March of this year I received an advertisement in the mail from Bradford with a very good deal on the card. I waited too long to use it so I went online to order the same gift. It was a really nice dream catcher for the wall. My brother really liked it and it arrived on time. Pretty good right? Not so good is how they charged my credit card for the listed amount, waited awhile then charged my card $48.94 3 more times before I caught it. I just moved and have used my card a lot but I missed it. I'm going to call my CC company and dispute those extra charges. I'll never order from Bradford exchange again and I advise anyone reading this to stay away from them. They are scammers!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I was terrified after reading reviews from around the web... But, upon coming home today, 09/02/2017 after work, my package had arrived - 6 days early! The packaging was of good and expected quality for the price paid. Shipping: Beyond Expectation! The ring is absolutely gorgeous, and she loved it! This ring could have easily sold for double the price and I would have bit! It is noticeable across a room, and the Silver/Platinum effect excels in beauty/luster that her platinum ring does not exert.

The brilliance of the stones surpassed my wildest dreams for a ring I could feel good representing our marriage, at a fraction of the cost for the smaller 0.48 ct Solitaire she picked at a local jewelry store for $1600. It is absolutely flawless and looks better in person. Thank you so much The Bradford Exchange! I am so grateful a peasant with my meager means could give a ring that looks like 6 mos of my salary. Thanks for your expedience, your recommendations, ease of buying (Paypal), and providing me with such an amazing choice on a restricted economy. :))

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I liked the first of the Dreamcatchers, so I ordered it with the option open to order more later on. It says on the cards advertising them that to reserve a copy, return the card. This was in July. I paid for it, supposedly through PayPal as that is what it says on my Bank statement. The first charge was $47.94, July 17. Then on August 8th, there was another charge for $48.94 for Bradford Exchange. And then yet another one on August 30th. "PAYPAL *BRADFORDEXC ** OH 08/30." The above was on my bank statement, that is PayPal's phone #.

So I went into my PayPal account to see if I could see the processing of the payments. There's no listing for any of the 3 payments, at all! I called PayPal and the only transaction they have listed for me was to DreamWorks, for slippers I bought for my husband. $68 in NSF fees later, I've written to Bradford Exchange for a refund for the charges for August and cancellation of my order. My spouse is into their coin and paper money collections and hasn't had the same experience with them, at least so far.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I wish I had read the reviews before making an order with this firm, my order was for a ring and to pay by installments. The Bradford Exchange have taken the full amount out of my bank and I am unable to contact a human to discuss this. I get through to the same automated phone line which when you leave your details they dont ring back. I have also contacted them by email, and in response you are told to ring the number so round I go again. I have now requested to cancel the order and to receive a full refund. This request is being ignored. I have now reported the company to Barclays for fraud. I hope this review stops someone else having all this hassle.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

After a couple of attempts by: Bradford Exchange Mint, to get a California $2 Bill with them, I finally got in the mail Yesterday. The California $2 Bill I got with them, is very beautiful, and a Collectible as well. I would recommend Bradford Exchange Mint to others, is worth the wait to get what you need by them!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I ordered checks through Bradford. Ha what a mess. All numbers on checks were wrong. Their online ordering you can't make a mistake. One line is routing # one line is account # but when I received the checks they were all wrong. They said it was the way I entered the information. Do not ever do business with this company. You'll get taken. Good $40 dollar lesson. Have to toss them out.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I wanted a lighted table top glass Christmas tree that had an a/c adaptor. On their ad, they said it had an a/c adaptor, so I ordered it. When it arrived, no a/c adaptor. I called their representative and he said to return it since they don't have an a/c adaptor, the packaging for this all glass item was very complex, so no way realistically to repackage it for a return. I realized the scam right away. False advertising knowing the customer couldn't repackage for a return. Stay clear from the Bradford Exchange!

Original review: July 28, 2017

I contacted Bradford Exchange to purchase 3 military bags with custom names. This was early June. Wanted one bag for my Marine Corps father, the other two for friends. Hoping to receive it before Father's Day because he was in the hospital. Received one Naval Academy bag within two weeks (for a friend). Then received a notice for the remaining two Marine Corps bags saying they wouldn't be shipped until Jul 25th! WTF??? So much for the Father's Day gift and he passed away two weeks later! Thanks **! Today is Jul 28th and I received a mail notice saying my two Marine Corps bags are delayed until Sep 20th. How do you guys stay in business? This is total lack of customer care and I will tell EVERYONE I know to stay clear of this company! The power of social media will sink you low rent people! Very poor service! Canceling my remaining two orders!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I ordered a Camaro cuckoo clock for $200+, the expected arrival date changed 3x. Upon finally receiving the product, the second hand didn't function and the quality of the clock was poor. It was cheaply constructed. I packed up the product and returned it, I kept my receipts and tracking info. They could not verify they had received the item back although it was confirmed by FedEx. They said it would take 7-10 business days to receive a refund, I have yet to receive a credit and the 7-10 business days has elapsed. This company has been a headache from the moment I ordered the product. Customer service was VERY rude and not helpful at all. Save yourself some misery and purchase elsewhere! Buyers beware!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I had to wait weeks. I got Elvis on the motorcycle, he fell off. I also ordered the record with him on it. It was made out of plastic. When I went to cancel my order before they said that I could not. I wouldn't had ordered them. They need to refund my money. It is not worth what I paid for them. I would say don't order anything from them. They frauded us.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I just received a bill from Bradford Exchange for an item neither I nor my wife ordered! Their phone number was nowhere on the bill to be found. A search on the internet revealed it, but they are closed for the weekend. I will call to find out what they are trying to pull. Another flag is that my last name is spelled wrong! BEWARE!

Original review: June 25, 2017

Back in February of 2017 I ordered checks and a checkbook cover. I received the checks so I waited a couple more weeks go by and no cover. I call customer service and they were very nice and said it takes longer for the covers. They said if I didn't receive it by April 15 to Call them back. I do and he was very nice and said they would resend another out right away. Well it's now June 25 and I have yet to receive the checkbook cover!! Never again will I order from this company.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I bought an item from this company for my husband for Father's Day on June 1st. I bought this item because it said it was guaranteed to arrive before Father's Day. On the confirmation email I received it said the expected delivery was between the 8th and the 14th of June. I then received an email saying my package was shipped with FedEx on June 6th, it also had a tracking number. After I didn't receive my Item on the 8th I decided to check the tracking number to see where my package was, FedEx informed me that my package didn't exist! I contacted the Bradford Exchange's customer support with my issue, they weren't very helpful and informed me that my package was shipped to FedEx on the 6th, not to me!!

This made no sense to me so I emailed them back expressing my concern that I didn't feel like this package would make it to me in time for Father's Day and that my children would not have anything to give their dad. They weren't very helpful yet again and told me that there's nothing they can do, that my package will arrive between the 20th and the 27th. So now I have nothing for my kids to give their father on Father's Day because the item I bought was pretty expensive and I cannot afford to go out and buy him other gifts. My daughters are really upset and cried over this. If you do decide to buy something from this company expect about a month for your item to actually arrive.

Original review: June 7, 2017

After reading all the reviews I was like "Oh my goodness I am not buying anything from this site," but I am glad I did. My boyfriend purchase me an engagement ring off of this site and I love it. The time was dead on. I call customer service just to check to see if it was sent. It was. I received my gift before Christmas of 2016 and I just want you all to know. Be patient, things take time.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Back in March, I ordered a product via Internet that came in a plain, brown box with no outside stickers to warn/indicate it was fragile. The box was damaged and the product had a wooden piece broken off. I sent it back, but never received an acknowledgement they received it, so I sent an email. They responded, saying yes they received it and my replacement order would be shipped out soon.

Well over a month later, May 30th, no replacement, so I emailed again and received an almost identical reply, in that the order would be shipped soon. I decided to call and spoke to a Supervisor on a Friday, who agreed I should have received my replacement order. She assured me she would look into the status of my order and contact the email department regarding the meaning and use of the word "soon". She said something to the effect of, "I promise I will call you Monday with the status of your order." No phone call, but I received another email from their email department saying they were looking into my issue and will respond in a "few days." I suppose that is like my product being shipped "soon?"

I called them again and cancelled my order. The gentleman was very apologetic, said my money would appear on my credit card by Friday, June 16, 2017. We shall see. If you check the Bradford Exchange rating on the BBB web page, they received an A+ rating - despite 91% of the reviews were negative. Do NOT go by the BBB rating. It is a joke.

Updated on 06/12/2017: Good news: My refund appeared on my credit card within 2 days. Bad news: (sigh) I received another email from Bradford Exchange. The last email they sent me said they were going to look into why I had not received my order. The email I received this morning said they were sorry I canceled my order, but regarding my customized clock order ~ "Unfortunately, we are still awaiting for more to arrive; however, we can certainly place your name at the top of the list to ensure you receive one if you wish to reorder. Please let us know. We will be awaiting your response."

This is my chief complaint regarding Bradford Exchange. They do not seem to thoroughly read the emails or understand the basis for the complaint. They told me two times (2) (about a month apart) my custom order was being worked on and would ship out soon. This latest email seems to indicate they didn't even HAVE my clock, it was never being worked on and would never ship out "soon." And then they have the audacity to ask if I'd like to reorder and are awaiting my response. Apparently, they just don't get it. I saw their ad in the American Legion Magazine. I will be writing to the American Legion to share my experience with the Bradford Exchange.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I have paid The Bradford Exchange nearly $1500.00 for the Presidential Dollar Coin Collection. Previous to their last shipment I was up to the 40th president and then I received the 9th president. When I tried to return it, they refused when clearly they sent the order in error.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I ordered a men's ring on 11/30/2016 to which my account was charged $32.20 because I was supposed to be on the 5 month or so payment plan. In December I call the company because the ring was listed as having arrived at my home on Saturday but when I checked, it had not. Everything seemed great. The customer service agent was very polite, said that he would take care of it, and get another ring shipped out to me as soon as possible as it was a Christmas gift. The ring came the following Monday so I called back and informed them that the ring had arrived and maybe someone with the delivery company had pre marked it as delivered on the weekend. I continued on and noticed that I did not get the second installment pulled from my account at the end of December.

I called in January after I got back from vacation to inquire. I was told that the service agent that I had talked to before had canceled my original order thus negating the payment that I had signed up for and the only way that I could pay was by check or money order via the mail. Because of this, apparently credit card or online were no longer options for me. I was sent a bill for the remaining amount. I sent a check for half the remaining $128.78 in January. I called to inquire weeks later about whether or not it was received. The response was no and it may take up to 6 weeks to get and be processed. I got the mail back in late January deformed, and defaced. I rewrote it and mailed it out again in early February. The check comes back with a note that I don't have an account balance. So I'm thinking, well is it free?

I call again about this issue and have to explain and re explain the situation to the customer service agent who basically tells me again that I can't do it over the phone or electronically. She said that I had to send a check or money order, this time with my account number, order number, name, and an explanation. Why am I jumping through hoops to try to pay these people and wasting stamps while I'm at it?! Like a good consumer I send the check AGAIN! The check has not come back but today 5/24/17 I get an invoice in the mail for the FULL AMOUNT of the purchase! Forget that I paid the first installment of $32.20. Forget that there should be record of all my calls and inquiries. I'm so over this company despite the fact that my best friend loves the ring I got him. This should be illegal!

Original review: May 23, 2017

Ordered Checks on the 10th of this month. Received verification and was informed checks would arrive 5-10 days. It's now 13 days in and no checks. They sent me an email stating that they did not have a record of the order and wanted my info again. Then they said my checks would arrive by June 1. I even wonder if I will get my checks. Never again.

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Information