The Bradford Exchange Online

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was terrified after reading reviews from around the web... But, upon coming home today, 09/02/2017 after work, my package had arrived - 6 days early! The packaging was of good and expected quality for the price paid. Shipping: Beyond Expectation! The ring is absolutely gorgeous, and she loved it! This ring could have easily sold for double the price and I would have bit! It is noticeable across a room, and the Silver/Platinum effect excels in beauty/luster that her platinum ring does not exert.

The brilliance of the stones surpassed my wildest dreams for a ring I could feel good representing our marriage, at a fraction of the cost for the smaller 0.48 ct Solitaire she picked at a local jewelry store for $1600. It is absolutely flawless and looks better in person. Thank you so much The Bradford Exchange! I am so grateful a peasant with my meager means could give a ring that looks like 6 mos of my salary. Thanks for your expedience, your recommendations, ease of buying (Paypal), and providing me with such an amazing choice on a restricted economy. :))

I liked the first of the Dreamcatchers, so I ordered it with the option open to order more later on. It says on the cards advertising them that to reserve a copy, return the card. This was in July. I paid for it, supposedly through PayPal as that is what it says on my Bank statement. The first charge was $47.94, July 17. Then on August 8th, there was another charge for $48.94 for Bradford Exchange. And then yet another one on August 30th. "PAYPAL *BRADFORDEXC ** OH 08/30." The above was on my bank statement, that is PayPal's phone #.

So I went into my PayPal account to see if I could see the processing of the payments. There's no listing for any of the 3 payments, at all! I called PayPal and the only transaction they have listed for me was to DreamWorks, for slippers I bought for my husband. $68 in NSF fees later, I've written to Bradford Exchange for a refund for the charges for August and cancellation of my order. My spouse is into their coin and paper money collections and hasn't had the same experience with them, at least so far.

I wish I had read the reviews before making an order with this firm, my order was for a ring and to pay by installments. The Bradford Exchange have taken the full amount out of my bank and I am unable to contact a human to discuss this. I get through to the same automated phone line which when you leave your details they dont ring back. I have also contacted them by email, and in response you are told to ring the number so round I go again. I have now requested to cancel the order and to receive a full refund. This request is being ignored. I have now reported the company to Barclays for fraud. I hope this review stops someone else having all this hassle.

After a couple of attempts by: Bradford Exchange Mint, to get a California $2 Bill with them, I finally got in the mail Yesterday. The California $2 Bill I got with them, is very beautiful, and a Collectible as well. I would recommend Bradford Exchange Mint to others, is worth the wait to get what you need by them!

I ordered checks through Bradford. Ha what a mess. All numbers on checks were wrong. Their online ordering you can't make a mistake. One line is routing # one line is account # but when I received the checks they were all wrong. They said it was the way I entered the information. Do not ever do business with this company. You'll get taken. Good $40 dollar lesson. Have to toss them out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bradford Exchange Online?

I wanted a lighted table top glass Christmas tree that had an a/c adaptor. On their ad, they said it had an a/c adaptor, so I ordered it. When it arrived, no a/c adaptor. I called their representative and he said to return it since they don't have an a/c adaptor, the packaging for this all glass item was very complex, so no way realistically to repackage it for a return. I realized the scam right away. False advertising knowing the customer couldn't repackage for a return. Stay clear from the Bradford Exchange!

I contacted Bradford Exchange to purchase 3 military bags with custom names. This was early June. Wanted one bag for my Marine Corps father, the other two for friends. Hoping to receive it before Father's Day because he was in the hospital. Received one Naval Academy bag within two weeks (for a friend). Then received a notice for the remaining two Marine Corps bags saying they wouldn't be shipped until Jul 25th! WTF??? So much for the Father's Day gift and he passed away two weeks later! Thanks **! Today is Jul 28th and I received a mail notice saying my two Marine Corps bags are delayed until Sep 20th. How do you guys stay in business? This is total lack of customer care and I will tell EVERYONE I know to stay clear of this company! The power of social media will sink you low rent people! Very poor service! Canceling my remaining two orders!

I ordered a Camaro cuckoo clock for $200+, the expected arrival date changed 3x. Upon finally receiving the product, the second hand didn't function and the quality of the clock was poor. It was cheaply constructed. I packed up the product and returned it, I kept my receipts and tracking info. They could not verify they had received the item back although it was confirmed by FedEx. They said it would take 7-10 business days to receive a refund, I have yet to receive a credit and the 7-10 business days has elapsed. This company has been a headache from the moment I ordered the product. Customer service was VERY rude and not helpful at all. Save yourself some misery and purchase elsewhere! Buyers beware!

I had to wait weeks. I got Elvis on the motorcycle, he fell off. I also ordered the record with him on it. It was made out of plastic. When I went to cancel my order before they said that I could not. I wouldn't had ordered them. They need to refund my money. It is not worth what I paid for them. I would say don't order anything from them. They frauded us.

I just received a bill from Bradford Exchange for an item neither I nor my wife ordered! Their phone number was nowhere on the bill to be found. A search on the internet revealed it, but they are closed for the weekend. I will call to find out what they are trying to pull. Another flag is that my last name is spelled wrong! BEWARE!

Back in February of 2017 I ordered checks and a checkbook cover. I received the checks so I waited a couple more weeks go by and no cover. I call customer service and they were very nice and said it takes longer for the covers. They said if I didn't receive it by April 15 to Call them back. I do and he was very nice and said they would resend another out right away. Well it's now June 25 and I have yet to receive the checkbook cover!! Never again will I order from this company.

I bought an item from this company for my husband for Father's Day on June 1st. I bought this item because it said it was guaranteed to arrive before Father's Day. On the confirmation email I received it said the expected delivery was between the 8th and the 14th of June. I then received an email saying my package was shipped with FedEx on June 6th, it also had a tracking number. After I didn't receive my Item on the 8th I decided to check the tracking number to see where my package was, FedEx informed me that my package didn't exist! I contacted the Bradford Exchange's customer support with my issue, they weren't very helpful and informed me that my package was shipped to FedEx on the 6th, not to me!!

This made no sense to me so I emailed them back expressing my concern that I didn't feel like this package would make it to me in time for Father's Day and that my children would not have anything to give their dad. They weren't very helpful yet again and told me that there's nothing they can do, that my package will arrive between the 20th and the 27th. So now I have nothing for my kids to give their father on Father's Day because the item I bought was pretty expensive and I cannot afford to go out and buy him other gifts. My daughters are really upset and cried over this. If you do decide to buy something from this company expect about a month for your item to actually arrive.

After reading all the reviews I was like "Oh my goodness I am not buying anything from this site," but I am glad I did. My boyfriend purchase me an engagement ring off of this site and I love it. The time was dead on. I call customer service just to check to see if it was sent. It was. I received my gift before Christmas of 2016 and I just want you all to know. Be patient, things take time.

Back in March, I ordered a product via Internet that came in a plain, brown box with no outside stickers to warn/indicate it was fragile. The box was damaged and the product had a wooden piece broken off. I sent it back, but never received an acknowledgement they received it, so I sent an email. They responded, saying yes they received it and my replacement order would be shipped out soon.

Well over a month later, May 30th, no replacement, so I emailed again and received an almost identical reply, in that the order would be shipped soon. I decided to call and spoke to a Supervisor on a Friday, who agreed I should have received my replacement order. She assured me she would look into the status of my order and contact the email department regarding the meaning and use of the word "soon". She said something to the effect of, "I promise I will call you Monday with the status of your order." No phone call, but I received another email from their email department saying they were looking into my issue and will respond in a "few days." I suppose that is like my product being shipped "soon?"

I called them again and cancelled my order. The gentleman was very apologetic, said my money would appear on my credit card by Friday, June 16, 2017. We shall see. If you check the Bradford Exchange rating on the BBB web page, they received an A+ rating - despite 91% of the reviews were negative. Do NOT go by the BBB rating. It is a joke.

Updated on 06/12/2017: Good news: My refund appeared on my credit card within 2 days. Bad news: (sigh) I received another email from Bradford Exchange. The last email they sent me said they were going to look into why I had not received my order. The email I received this morning said they were sorry I canceled my order, but regarding my customized clock order ~ "Unfortunately, we are still awaiting for more to arrive; however, we can certainly place your name at the top of the list to ensure you receive one if you wish to reorder. Please let us know. We will be awaiting your response."

This is my chief complaint regarding Bradford Exchange. They do not seem to thoroughly read the emails or understand the basis for the complaint. They told me two times (2) (about a month apart) my custom order was being worked on and would ship out soon. This latest email seems to indicate they didn't even HAVE my clock, it was never being worked on and would never ship out "soon." And then they have the audacity to ask if I'd like to reorder and are awaiting my response. Apparently, they just don't get it. I saw their ad in the American Legion Magazine. I will be writing to the American Legion to share my experience with the Bradford Exchange.

I have paid The Bradford Exchange nearly $1500.00 for the Presidential Dollar Coin Collection. Previous to their last shipment I was up to the 40th president and then I received the 9th president. When I tried to return it, they refused when clearly they sent the order in error.

I ordered a men's ring on 11/30/2016 to which my account was charged $32.20 because I was supposed to be on the 5 month or so payment plan. In December I call the company because the ring was listed as having arrived at my home on Saturday but when I checked, it had not. Everything seemed great. The customer service agent was very polite, said that he would take care of it, and get another ring shipped out to me as soon as possible as it was a Christmas gift. The ring came the following Monday so I called back and informed them that the ring had arrived and maybe someone with the delivery company had pre marked it as delivered on the weekend. I continued on and noticed that I did not get the second installment pulled from my account at the end of December.

I called in January after I got back from vacation to inquire. I was told that the service agent that I had talked to before had canceled my original order thus negating the payment that I had signed up for and the only way that I could pay was by check or money order via the mail. Because of this, apparently credit card or online were no longer options for me. I was sent a bill for the remaining amount. I sent a check for half the remaining $128.78 in January. I called to inquire weeks later about whether or not it was received. The response was no and it may take up to 6 weeks to get and be processed. I got the mail back in late January deformed, and defaced. I rewrote it and mailed it out again in early February. The check comes back with a note that I don't have an account balance. So I'm thinking, well is it free?

I call again about this issue and have to explain and re explain the situation to the customer service agent who basically tells me again that I can't do it over the phone or electronically. She said that I had to send a check or money order, this time with my account number, order number, name, and an explanation. Why am I jumping through hoops to try to pay these people and wasting stamps while I'm at it?! Like a good consumer I send the check AGAIN! The check has not come back but today 5/24/17 I get an invoice in the mail for the FULL AMOUNT of the purchase! Forget that I paid the first installment of $32.20. Forget that there should be record of all my calls and inquiries. I'm so over this company despite the fact that my best friend loves the ring I got him. This should be illegal!

Ordered Checks on the 10th of this month. Received verification and was informed checks would arrive 5-10 days. It's now 13 days in and no checks. They sent me an email stating that they did not have a record of the order and wanted my info again. Then they said my checks would arrive by June 1. I even wonder if I will get my checks. Never again.

I ordered a family ring 3 weeks before Mother's Day. It was guaranteed to be here by that day. Guess what. No ring. All they will tell me is that they shipped it out, but won't give me a tracking number. Now they tell me they wanna 'correct' their mistake. They're gonna fully refund me for the ring. Not only did they not give me my money back for a ring I never got, but they put ANOTHER charge on my credit card. This company should be under investigation for theft and fraud. I'll be calling my credit card company and the Better Business Bureau. Do NOT ORDER ANYTHING from these thieves.

Ordered a special ring for my daughter nearly 4 weeks ago with children names on for her birthday, wanting to make her birthday special from her children with all their names on it. When order they said up to 6 names with birthstones, they send it to the engravers. Now 4 weeks later and a payment out of my bank 2 weeks after order, phone today 15th may to be told the engravers have cancelled my order as it should be 10 names it allows. If you don't have ten names they put a star. So as I’ve only had 4 names they've cancelled it no notice, no letters, texts or anything at all. Played holy hell with them. I’m quite upset trying to her birthday special. They have ruined the gift that would have been from her children. Never will I order again.

I ordered a coin from this company a couple years ago and they tried to charge my account for a coin they automatically sent me and for future coins. But what I learned to do with this company and others like it is to send them a money order for the amount rather than a check or credit card. That way they can't charge me for anything else and have no access to my accounts. I just ordered a plate and I plan on sending them 2 money orders. I could send one but I chose the 2 payment method. Just send money orders and you'll be fine.

After sending my ring back for sizing they just cancel my order. Waited for over a month. Sad to say it was a military Army ring. Had dates I served, initials. Instead of asking if I wanted my ring back they just cancel the ring and said they no longer had it in stock. Don't they care about sentimental value. That's it for me. Didn't even ask if I wanted my ring back! Change your customer service. Bring in Darren Hardy to train!

I ordered the Harry Potter Snow Globe that has the music and train that circles the snow globe. So far I haven't had any other issues other than how long the shipping is. I'm not sure if this shipping time is normal for this company but I ordered it at the beginning of March thinking maybe it would take a month. When I went back yesterday to try to track it they said it should arrive by the last week of September like huh? Never buying from them again. It better come in with amazing quality.

Bradford Exchange didn't deliver my product on time and when I called, I got three different responses. They tried to say the payment didn't go through and all this other hoopla. I would never order from them again. My experience was horrible.

Omg! Doing business with this company a horror story! Customer service!!! There is none! They ignore you! Charge your card, wring their hands, and cackle like the Wicked Witch of the West! In short, tried to cancel a order and it took days to straighten out! Run away!

I ordered a trial on Trump coin and received a Eisenhower coin also. I also received notice I was going to get another coin every month... Also a bill for over 99$, Customer service was of no help... Still trying to send back! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL GET BURNED UNLESS YOU HAVE LOTS OF $.

Do not and I mean do not ever order anything from this company. I ordered my daughter I love you always musical box. I got the information out of the newspaper where they have coupons on the ad. It says "send no money now". So that is what I did. So after a week I called there to see where my jewelry box was and I talked with someone named Emily and she said I ordered 2 boxes which I did not. They mislead when you send in the advertisement. When you call in this is when they tell you either need to pay half or pay in full before they will send it out.

I also got a letter from June ** saying that they did not have this jewelry box in stock and got a $5.00 dollar gift certificate off on my next purchase. Then I called back, spoke with Doris, told me they have the jewelry box but would not send it to me without half the payment. I told her forget it. Period. I will never order anything from this company again. They do not care about the customers and they do not try to make it right like most companies would do. They are making false advertisement. If they would have said in the beginning I would had needed to make a payment I would have because I really wanted that jewelry box. I was even going to order one for my granddaughter. They wouldn't even let me speak to a supervisor telling me everything I said was being recorded. I had no problem with that. I wanted to speak to a supervisor to see what she would do to make this right. Never order from this company. I won't ever.

In November 2016 I ordered a Marilyn Monroe lamp for my husband for Christmas. Around the second week of December I e-mailed customer service and I was told that the lamp was shipped. However, when I checked the tracking number there was no information on the shipment. This continued through December. Christmas came and went and still no lamp. I wrote several e-mails and customer service continued to tell me that the lamp was shipped. Since there was no movement on the tracking #, I wrote my credit company and disputed the charge that hit my credit card for the lamp. The credit company issued a credit for the cost of the lamp.

After awhile I got an e-mail from Bradford telling me that the lamp shipped and they gave me a different tracking number. This time the lamp finally arrived after Christmas in January 2017. I went online and paid for the lamp. Come March 2017 I get an invoice telling me that my account has gone into collection for the cost of the lamp. I immediately sent them an e-mail and told them that I paid for the lamp online and I didn't owe them anything. Customer service wrote me a return e-mail saying that I still owed the money. They explained that they had issued me a credit on the first shipment and that my credit company also issued me a credit. So therefore, I stilled owed them the money.

Today I called customer service and gave them my credit card for payment for the lamp. What really burned me up was the fact that customer service made no effort to check into the situation and they continued to string me along. All of this means that I will no longer do business with them and they have lost an honest customer. Whoever manages customer service needs to be replaced!

I discovered after pay for secure shipping of my check order that the deposit slips that contain the same information as the checks are not shipped securely. Trying to discussed this with their overbearing supervisor at shipping was a waste of time. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AND EXPECT SECURITY!!! WILL NOT BE THEIR PRIORITY.

I ordered bracelet online in end of October 2016. I never received the bracelet I order, but they took the one payment of $32.99 with no problem, I have tried contacting to find out where the bracelet is or refund me, nothing... I think I will obtain an attorney and place a suit against them for fraud and taking money under a false pretense. I will have to obtain proof of payment from my bank account, which I can do with no problem... This will give me more information on the order date for sure and it shows it went to the Bradford Exchange.

Camo His and Hers Personalized Dimonesk Wedding Ring Set - My first impression when I received this order was that it looked completely fake and costume, not something that I would want to wear the rest of my life. The engagement ring was gaudily huge and dominated my finger whereas the stones in the band are minuscule, not a flattering contrast. After 6 months of normal, regular daily wear the plating is already tarnishing and fading, even with regular care taken with the piece. The stone after a few months became slightly cloudy and the shine doesn't even compare to my CZ jewelry and nothing like the picture. I would say it's a nice piece if you're in a pinch until you can buy something more permanent. My husband's band however, looks decent and he likes it. Overall, I wasn't impressed with the product. The shipping time was about average and no complaints there.

The Bradford Exchange Online Company Profile