1.17/5

Find the right invention & patent service for you

Find the right invention & patent service for you

TeleBrands Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Received a SliceOMatic as a housewarming gift. I watched the video as they ask you to do. The first time I used this item the handle broke off. I attempted to contact Customer care at 800-777-4034 and was told by Jason, "There is nothing we can do for you". Never again will I purchase any TELEBrands products. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: July 19, 2019

So I bought a few Flea Doctor from them for my pet, it's supposed to be a flea comb on steroids that zaps the fleas and kills them or stuns them long enough that you can kill them. When I first got it I tried it and combed my dog's hair with it and it did get fleas in the comb but they would just jump away... It said in the manual that the tone it is making would be longer when it was showing the fleas. Having never heard that I thought there must have been something wrong with the one I had. So being an electronic engineer I tore it apart, stunned to only find the components on the board necessary for it to make a beeping noise and other components that are supposed to be attached to the board that are crucial to its functionality just not even attempted to put on completely missing, all in a purposeful attempt to deceive buyers into thinking it's working!!!

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I bought this from a TV commercial. The phone number was wrong and the website didn't exist, so I should have known better. I did a search for the product and found Bulbhead's site. I searched through the products and found the item. Then their system wouldn't accept my credit card. So I tried another. Again, didn't accept it. I finally paid with Paypal.

The product arrived with very little instructions. I finally figured out that there was a switch on the back of it. I wanted to test it before I used the adhesive to stick it to the front of my house. I turned it on and couldn't feel this tiny switch move. I called customer service and was given no real help. They were telling me that it had to be in the sun to get a full charge before it would work. They wanted me to install it without testing it first. They then told me to protect it from getting wet! How can you sell a product intended to be used outside-attached to a wall and somehow not let it get wet... especially in South Florida... the rain capital of the continental US! How stupid can this be?

I told them that this was false and misleading advertisement and that I considered the unit to be defective and wanted my money back. They told me I had to return the unit at my expense. they sold me a probably defective product with a misleading description and still wanted me to pay shipping in both directions! I returned to their website from a link in one of their emails. The page was specific to this product, but within 5 seconds refreshed to the site's main page. I have since found out that if you enter any page on their website without first going to the home page, it will do the same thing.

I don't want anything more to do with this company. I have thrown the light in the garbage... I didn't want anything more to do with them. I know that Telebrands, the parent company of Bulbhead, has had numerous complaints made about them to the FTC (mine included). I wish I had done my research about them before I made my purchase. For your own peace of mind... avoid them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I have recently received post card saying an item I have ordered is on backorder and will be shipped and I assumed billed in 30 days. To my knowledge I have not recently ordered anything from them and do not intend to pay for anything either. Attempts to contact the phone number on card are fruitless, all that happens is you get moved around in circles and back to the original recording. I have called several times with the same result.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I’m a 72 y/o woman and like this lightweight POCKET hose. I used it for 3 months in small garden area and stored inside during the winter. It had a hidden tear in outer shell and developed an “aneurism-like” bubble on inside lining which exploded and shot water everywhere! I bought another POCKET hose at Home Depot and they told me that you are a reputable company that stands by its products and that I should contact you for replacement or reimbursement for defected product. Please reply.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TeleBrands?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Called and sent emails many times asking when can I expect to receive my order? I am told on backorder, could be 6 weeks. I asked would someone from TeleBrand call the manufacturer for this product and ask them when do they expect for order to ship? Never received any kind of reply. It has been 4 weeks, still waiting, still being told the same, 6 weeks.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My mother order two books from them, "Miles Bader Bug Book" and "Miles Bader Bigger Pest Book" on her debit card. After the initial charge which I thought was overpriced to start, they kept debiting her checking account monthly for some sort of club that she did not ask for, and they didn't mention. I only discovered it after a year when it had rang up well over $300 more in charges. The bank removed the charges for the last 60 days, but couldn't do anything about the previous unauthorized debits. This company is a scammer and one to avoid.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My husband had ordered 2 lighters (Bulbhead Atomic Beam) back in September of 2017 for $19.99. He received them. I monitor our Visa purchases so that I can see all purchases so that there’s no surprises when our statement come. Surprise - $19.99 was charged again 2 times in October/November, back to back, although we hadn’t purchased anything else. I called the company and they assured me that I would receive credit immediately and that the product was backlogged so it wouldn’t be shipped. The credit wasn’t applied. Our November statement arrived and the $39.98 was charged to us. After another lengthy conversation the (extremely helpful) Telebrands agent informed me that on her end that the purchase couldn’t be seen on her screen and that I needed to fax my statement to the company. After reading other reviews, and seeing the one star ⭐️ I’m afraid that we ate this one. Never Ever Order from Telebrands.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I ordered the Hurricane Fur Wizard with the mini wizard. I checked the box to get a second set for shipping and handling. I received one set with the invoice stating I ordered one deluxe set. So... I guess I got caught in the old "bait and switch" deal. I have waited on the phone on hold for over a half hour with no response from a representative. I tried to email but the site is for checking orders only. Do NOT order from this company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I purchased the window wonderland units on September 3rd, 2017. After waiting 3 weeks I checked my order status. The order status said they were unable to process my order and it was cancelled. I called and asked why this was that the payment was pending in my bank account. I was told that nothing was charged that it was a hold on my account and will not be charged because the bank declined the purchase. The next day I called the bank and they stated it was processing and will clear at close of business. I again called and they insisted that no payment was taken and basically calling me a liar. They told me to send them my bank statement to show that I was charged.

Next day after cleared I sent them a copy of my bank statement to prove they took it out of my account. I then called them to talk to them about this again. The rep kept telling me that no payment was taken and stuff. I asked to speak to a manager and she told me that he was looking into this and will call me back in 3 hours. Well almost 24 hours later I am still waiting. She stated to me that the charge was not from them that it was from someone else. BS it is their name and their address. They are total scam and will take your money and deny that they did. I am doing everything I need to so I get my money back.

TeleBrands Company Information